Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 6, 2015 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, we get to see Asuka this episode. Kinda refreshing here and it looks like Natsu is looking after her. Felt really silly tbh though on a few parts...

Not to mention, Erza in a strawberry outfit...really? LOL. Asuka was cute though this episode.
Feb 6, 2015 6:42 PM

Sep 2011
And more filler. Didn't know we won't be getting cannon until April. Sad face.
Feb 6, 2015 6:46 PM

Jun 2010
Ugh, make it stop !!!!
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Feb 6, 2015 6:48 PM
Sep 2012
This was a great episode of a great omake, feature the most cutest character in Fairy Tail in my opinion Asuka. She is so adorable one of the most adorable characters I have seen since Elicia Hughes and Nina Tucker from Fullmetal Alchemist, I am sure there are others I just can't think of off the top of my head.

Anyway Natsu baby sitting Asuka, that is an adorable combo, and we see a glimpse of the future perhaps and see what kind of father Natsu would be, and if this is any indication the pink haired girl I mentioned last week, well she is going to have Natsu wrapped around her finger.

We do we have other sub plots added to pad out the episode, like Erza and Pantherlily hunt for strawberries, for Lily must have been nostalgic being bossed around by Erza, though speaking of Lily, one of my complaints of this series, not much of Asuka and Lily's interaction outside of the wedding contest filler, there have been no follow up on their relationship, I mean when they first meet, there was a shuttle hint they were going to be close friends, but what ever, we also have Wendy trying to make a cake and we don't much of that.

Anyway back to the main plot, Lucy joins in on Natsu baby sitting and the four of them take Asuka out on her first jobs, including one that involves Aquarius and looks like Lucy is so going to get it later on, but Aquarius does have a soft side, even Aquarius can't reset the cuteness power of Asuka.

Turns out it is all so Asuka can be a Lacrama snow globe for her parents, and Lucy's reaction is my thoughts exactly, Asuka is so sweet, and that is what makes Asuka so cute and awesome, there are a lot of little girl characters that look cute but they are brats and that loses cuteness point in my book, it is just as important to be kind and sweet than it is to look cute, that is a mistake a lot of animes make with these types of characters, that is why I love like Asuka and Elicia from FMA.

But some mean pirates steal the Lacrama, and those guys suck, stealing from a little girl, I am glad Natsu kicked their butts. Those guys are lower than dirt, sorry I can get riled up when you mess with Asuka. Anyway the day is saved.

Plus Natsu and Happy kissed, I wonder that ship is called?

Seeing all four of them together, that is a preview of the future of what a NatLu could look like, there is fan art of this, but perhaps some day Asuka can repay the favor and baby sit Natsu and Lucy kids. Look up Asuka fan art and you will see it.

Turns out the Lacrama was giving way by Alzack and Bisca to save Asuka's life, that whole flashback and than seeing them all smile, it was so emotionally, this has to be one of the best episodes of Fairy Tail in a while.

Just like I thought, new animation for the ED, but featured a character that has nothing to do with the story, but they want to do fan service and god knows you can't do it with Asuka. Yeah they might do that with Wendy, but even these people have standards.

Next week features Juvia, this will be awesome as well. I am so glad all of these omakes are getting adapted.
Feb 6, 2015 6:52 PM
Oct 2009
Tyrel said:

But this was from an extra chapter from the manga... So it technically IS canon... Shot out of a cannon... And so will the next three episodes... (Well, maybe not the one the week after next, because that'll be anime-original.)

haitoginFeb 6, 2015 7:03 PM
Feb 6, 2015 6:59 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Asuka sure made good use of the promise Natsu made with her. She's pretty smart for a kid!

Horse-Natsu and his neighing.. That sound he made was LOL! XD

Aquarius getting mad at watching a wedding proposal scene was hilarious! Her little blushing after being complemented by Asuka was cute though. :3

Even a kid like Asuka ships NaLu! It didn't even faze Natsu one bit that he was about to kiss Lucy. XD
Happy X Natsu's kiss was priceless! Poor Happy was probably saving it for Sharuru..

Erza's regret over not being able to taste the Maximum Sweet Strawberry was pretty funny too. Why didn't she pick up more than one?

Nice seeing the little backstory behind that Lacrima. Bisca and Alzack are such nice parents. :3

Decent episode overall. Looking forward to Juvia filler next week.

Feb 6, 2015 7:04 PM

May 2013
Asuka is so cute. Was hoping for a kiss between Natsu and Lucy :(
Feb 6, 2015 7:08 PM
Oct 2009
Shaniyaz said:
Asuka sure made good use of the promise Natsu made with her. She's pretty smart for a kid!

Horse-Natsu and his neighing.. That sound he made was LOL! XD

Aquarius getting mad at watching a wedding proposal scene was hilarious! Her little blushing after being complemented by Asuka was cute though. :3

Even a kid like Asuka ships NaLu! It didn't even faze Natsu one bit that he was about to kiss Lucy. XD
Happy X Natsu's kiss was priceless! Poor Happy was probably saving it for Sharuru..

Erza's regret over not being able to taste the Maximum Sweet Strawberry was pretty funny too. Why didn't she pick up more than one?

Nice seeing the little backstory behind that Lacrima. Bisca and Alzack are such nice parents. :3

Decent episode overall. Looking forward to Juvia filler next week.

It may be filler, but it's based on an extra manga chapter (called "Natsu and Asuka"), and so will next week's ("413 Days"), and the one two weeks later from what I understand ("Fairy Woman"). So if you don't want to know what happens, keep your guard up. Or if you just can't wait, well, I told you the chapter titles anyway.
Feb 6, 2015 7:20 PM
Sep 2012
Speaking of the episode two weeks from now, the anime original, I wonder if it will have those sky pirates, the leader did say he would get this revenge on Natsu.
blfanFeb 6, 2015 7:28 PM
Feb 6, 2015 7:27 PM

Apr 2013
My favorite omake Natsu & Asuka loved it! They kept the Nalu tease and the Natsu and Happy kiss yes. Asuka is precious not even Aquarius can resist her, she's going to go places in shooting and trolling and Natsu is so good with her.
Feb 6, 2015 7:34 PM

Sep 2011
immblueversion said:
Tyrel said:

But this was from an extra chapter from the manga... So it technically IS canon... Shot out of a cannon... And so will the next three episodes... (Well, maybe not the one the week after next, because that'll be anime-original.)

Eh. I don't read Extra chapters, so it felt like filler to me.
Feb 6, 2015 7:36 PM

Sep 2014
Even though i'm sick of filler this in my opinion was better than the whole Celestial filler arc
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Feb 6, 2015 7:37 PM

Dec 2013
Fun episode. Asuka was fairly cute.

Dat Natsu x Happy kiss XD
G_Spark233Feb 6, 2015 7:40 PM
Feb 6, 2015 8:02 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
that was a nice little episode. i enjoyed it more than a majority of that filler arc !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 6, 2015 8:02 PM

Aug 2013
Ehhhh strawberry suit??
My Candies:
Feb 6, 2015 8:08 PM

Jul 2014
Asuka is like the FT fandom and Happy is like Hiro Mashima.

FT Fandom: Natsu and Lucy kiss pls
Hiro Mashima: haha no
Feb 6, 2015 8:38 PM

Jan 2015
Pretty good episode. I'm really starting to believe that the manga was actually better though.
I mean,this animation....its just really been bugging me. I mean,it looks horrid. And the worst part is like their eyes and hair. Natsu's hair is drawn so poorly...and Erza's eyes are lopsided and uneven...please...please...

GET A GOOD BUDGET FOR THE TARTARUS ARC!!!

This new animation has moments where it'll just look superb. Like eye candy or something! HIGH QUALITY. But in other times(which is most of the time) it's just plain sloppy. I hope all of these fillers are giving them time to raise their budget or something,so that when it becomes canon once again,the artwork will at least look decent than just outright atrocious. I'll really be angry if they make the Tartarus Arc suck with their horrible animating skills. Cause it's my favorite arc.
Anyways,can't wait for the 413 days with Gray and Juvia. It looks like it'll be really funny and romantic. The preview looked like it had parts with high quality animation so I'm placing my hopes on that.

PLEASE,I HOPE THEY DONT MAKE THE MANGA VERSION OF THIS BETTER THAN THE ANIME!!!
Feb 6, 2015 8:41 PM

Jan 2015
blfan said:
This was a great episode of a great omake, feature the most cutest character in Fairy Tail in my opinion Asuka. She is so adorable one of the most adorable characters I have seen since Elicia Hughes and Nina Tucker from Fullmetal Alchemist, I am sure there are others I just can't think of off the top of my head.

Anyway Natsu baby sitting Asuka, that is an adorable combo, and we see a glimpse of the future perhaps and see what kind of father Natsu would be, and if this is any indication the pink haired girl I mentioned last week, well she is going to have Natsu wrapped around her finger.

We do we have other sub plots added to pad out the episode, like Erza and Pantherlily hunt for strawberries, for Lily must have been nostalgic being bossed around by Erza, though speaking of Lily, one of my complaints of this series, not much of Asuka and Lily's interaction outside of the wedding contest filler, there have been no follow up on their relationship, I mean when they first meet, there was a shuttle hint they were going to be close friends, but what ever, we also have Wendy trying to make a cake and we don't much of that.

Anyway back to the main plot, Lucy joins in on Natsu baby sitting and the four of them take Asuka out on her first jobs, including one that involves Aquarius and looks like Lucy is so going to get it later on, but Aquarius does have a soft side, even Aquarius can't reset the cuteness power of Asuka.

Turns out it is all so Asuka can be a Lacrama snow globe for her parents, and Lucy's reaction is my thoughts exactly, Asuka is so sweet, and that is what makes Asuka so cute and awesome, there are a lot of little girl characters that look cute but they are brats and that loses cuteness point in my book, it is just as important to be kind and sweet than it is to look cute, that is a mistake a lot of animes make with these types of characters, that is why I love like Asuka and Elicia from FMA.

But some mean pirates steal the Lacrama, and those guys suck, stealing from a little girl, I am glad Natsu kicked their butts. Those guys are lower than dirt, sorry I can get riled up when you mess with Asuka. Anyway the day is saved.

Plus Natsu and Happy kissed, I wonder that ship is called?

Seeing all four of them together, that is a preview of the future of what a NatLu could look like, there is fan art of this, but perhaps some day Asuka can repay the favor and baby sit Natsu and Lucy kids. Look up Asuka fan art and you will see it.

Turns out the Lacrama was giving way by Alzack and Bisca to save Asuka's life, that whole flashback and than seeing them all smile, it was so emotionally, this has to be one of the best episodes of Fairy Tail in a while.

Just like I thought, new animation for the ED, but featured a character that has nothing to do with the story, but they want to do fan service and god knows you can't do it with Asuka. Yeah they might do that with Wendy, but even these people have standards.

Next week features Juvia, this will be awesome as well. I am so glad all of these omakes are getting adapted.
Natsu and Happy= Nappy
At least,that's what I think;)
Feb 6, 2015 8:52 PM

Nov 2014
Well its a canon episode but not yet tartaros!
Loved the strawberry armor Erza!
Hi there
Feb 6, 2015 8:53 PM

Jul 2014
EtheriousNatsu8 said:
Pretty good episode. I'm really starting to believe that the manga was actually better though.
I mean,this animation....its just really been bugging me. I mean,it looks horrid. And the worst part is like their eyes and hair. Natsu's hair is drawn so poorly...and Erza's eyes are lopsided and uneven...please...please...

GET A GOOD BUDGET FOR THE TARTARUS ARC!!!

This new animation has moments where it'll just look superb. Like eye candy or something! HIGH QUALITY. But in other times(which is most of the time) it's just plain sloppy. I hope all of these fillers are giving them time to raise their budget or something,so that when it becomes canon once again,the artwork will at least look decent than just outright atrocious. I'll really be angry if they make the Tartarus Arc suck with their horrible animating skills. Cause it's my favorite arc.
Anyways,can't wait for the 413 days with Gray and Juvia. It looks like it'll be really funny and romantic. The preview looked like it had parts with high quality animation so I'm placing my hopes on that.

PLEASE,I HOPE THEY DONT MAKE THE MANGA VERSION OF THIS BETTER THAN THE ANIME!!!

I agree but only because I don't read manga much :P
Feb 6, 2015 9:34 PM

Apr 2010
Tyrel said:

At least I know not to watch FT until April now, thanks for the update. :D
Feb 6, 2015 9:57 PM

Jul 2010
Asuka was really cute when she was riding on Happy and her wanting to get the globe back.

Asuka makes some of the best request out there!

Giving up something important to save something even more important, it was a fun one to the end!
Feb 6, 2015 10:17 PM

Dec 2009
antonnn said:
Tyrel said:

For the last fucking time, this isn't filler. You people are seriously getting on my nerves. These are canon omake chapters being adapted in the anime. CANON.
Feb 6, 2015 10:25 PM

May 2012
finally some extra ch from manga.. :)

Feb 6, 2015 10:46 PM

Aug 2012
They were so close >.<
Erza in her strawberry armour lol.
Feb 6, 2015 11:07 PM

Jun 2014
Fairy Tail has once again made a new ship! NaHaNatsu x Happy FTW!

I saw a picture of this chapter while browsing some images and was wondering of they were going to animate it. I'm so glad they did, especially the
part.

Juvia-filled episode next week. Magic Number: 413?
Feb 6, 2015 11:55 PM

Apr 2010
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
antonnn said:

For the last fucking time, this isn't filler. You people are seriously getting on my nerves. These are canon omake chapters being adapted in the anime. CANON.

Yeah I read other posts, I know it isn't filler, but it doesn't add to the story. I read the extra chapter, I don't care to see it adapted. Calm down, far out lol.

Waiting until April.
P0K3Gaming said:
Juvia-filled episode next week. Magic Number: 413?

On second thought... Juvia is my favourite girl in the series, I'll watch it if it's mostly about her, she's too funny. :D

They should adapt Gildarts chapters, haha, but add talking so that it can be dragged out for a whole ep.
antonnnFeb 6, 2015 11:58 PM
Feb 7, 2015 12:41 AM

May 2013
Nalu! WOOOOO!!!!! SUCK IT Nali fans!
Feb 7, 2015 3:24 AM

Jul 2007
Tyrel said:

Not a filler. This was in the manga.

antonnn said:

Yeah I read other posts, I know it isn't filler, but it doesn't add to the story. I read the extra chapter, I don't care to see it adapted. Calm down, far out lol..

Wrong. It adds characterization to Asuka.
Feb 7, 2015 3:35 AM
Jul 2018
This omake was fun to watch and I remember reading 413 days and it was enjoyable so I'm looking forward to next week.
Feb 7, 2015 3:39 AM

May 2010
Erza with those golden strawberries and later dat strawberry reequip xD

Natsu was surprisingly mature there, I forgot that moment even when I've already read this chapter in manga. Erza sulking tho, she kinda stole the episode even when Natsu and Asuka were more in action. Asuka was still very sweet tho.

"Natsu and Happy kissed."
"They are close."

Really liked that Hisui pic <3 Knew it that would change ED art once the filler arc ends. I think it was the princess.

Gruvia episode next and art animation improves. Ain't that good for you shippers.
Feb 7, 2015 4:34 AM

Apr 2012
I dont care if it was cannon or filler, episodes like this make me honostly loose faith in FT.
Last 4 months I felt I have been watching an anime made for 4 year olds, not f'ing Fairy tail.
Feb 7, 2015 6:00 AM

Jan 2014
vikki7783 said:
Asuka is like the FT fandom and Happy is like Hiro Mashima.

FT Fandom: Natsu and Lucy kiss pls
Hiro Mashima: haha no

so true lol

an episode about juvia! so excited, she's one of my favorite characters. perhaps 413 days is how many days since she first met gray...? :o
Feb 7, 2015 6:16 AM

Sep 2014
Okay episode I guess. Was nice seeing Asuka and Natsu's interaction. Dat almost-kiss! ;-;
Next week is fully on Juvia. Hope it doesn't disappoint.
Feb 7, 2015 8:04 AM

Aug 2010
Asuka is so kawaii <3
Feb 7, 2015 8:22 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Tartaros Arc pleaseee, I'm getting tired of waiting

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 7, 2015 9:14 AM

Jul 2007
RayAdha said:

Tartaros is in April.

With this episode we are back to canon material.

Next three episodes are side-chapters like this, then one filler episode then Sun Village Arc through March.
Feb 7, 2015 9:38 AM

Dec 2009
CookingPriest said:
RayAdha said:

Tartaros is in April.

Next three episodes are side-chapters like this, then one filler episode then Sun Village Arc through March.

You're forgetting about the 4 episodes adapting the second Fairy Tail light novel. Pretty sure those will take place in March and the Sun Village arc starts in April (it's counted as part of the Tartarus arc).
Feb 7, 2015 10:00 AM

Aug 2014
Not cuter than Wendy.
Feb 7, 2015 10:27 AM

Dec 2014
Of course Erza would want to bake a cake. Her strawberry armour though. Lmao.
Episode wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was enjoyable.
Feb 7, 2015 10:50 AM

Jul 2007
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
CookingPriest said:

Tartaros is in April.

You're forgetting about the 4 episodes adapting the second Fairy Tail light novel. Pretty sure those will take place in March and the Sun Village arc starts in April (it's counted as part of the Tartarus arc).

I guess for next filler gap they will adapt FT Zero, Ice Trail and Fairy Girls.
Feb 7, 2015 11:27 AM

Jul 2014
barring the fact that the animations were worse than they usually are, this episode was actually very good. i'd prefer it if fairy tail had more episodes like this honestly.
Feb 7, 2015 12:04 PM

Jun 2013
Okay so just to clarify, many said it, but this was a adaptation from a special chapter called Natsu and Asuka. It seems they'll adapt more special chapters + the fairy tail novel. And in spring we get the Sun Village/Tartarus Arc. Meaning in spring everything will be canon.
The episode was okay.
Feb 7, 2015 1:13 PM

Sep 2011
CookingPriest said:
Tyrel said:

I don't read extra chapters. Therefore, extra chapters to me = filler. Idgaf about them. If it's in the manga as an extra chapter, then woohoo for them.
Feb 7, 2015 1:53 PM

Dec 2009
Tyrel said:
CookingPriest said:

I don't read extra chapters. Therefore, extra chapters to me = filler. Idgaf about them. If it's in the manga as an extra chapter, then woohoo for them.

I just don't understand this condescending attitude you all are taking towards Omake chapters being adapted. It was a fantastic episode for the most part, did great character developing. You guys are only trying to call it a filler so you have an excuse to bash it. Well its part of the original manga, and its canon, so even if you don't like it you may as well critique it fairly.
Feb 7, 2015 2:29 PM

Mar 2014
I was wondering if this extra chapter would become an episode. Lol. So glad it did.
Feb 7, 2015 2:33 PM

Sep 2011
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Tyrel said:

I just don't understand this condescending attitude you all are taking towards Omake chapters being adapted. It was a fantastic episode for the most part, did great character developing. You guys are only trying to call it a filler so you have an excuse to bash it. Well its part of the original manga, and its canon, so even if you don't like it you may as well critique it fairly.
I never said it was "Bad". If you go back to my post, I only said it was filler because I never saw it in the manga, which because I don't read extra chapters, I considered it a filler.
Feb 7, 2015 3:19 PM

Jun 2013
Asuka's too cute.
Feb 7, 2015 4:00 PM

Feb 2015
I can't wait till the Sun Village arc starts, but this episode was pretty cute. Asuka's really clever for her age...

Poor Happy.
Feb 7, 2015 4:11 PM
Apr 2011
So far, the best Episode that were adapted by a omake.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 102 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

177 by wildhood »»
May 19, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

100 by wildhood »»
May 2, 7:58 PM

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.