Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 21, 2014 4:39 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh yes, all that finger cracking~ Nishio was the mystery person and Haise meets Arima once again. Nishio called him Kaneki though...
Nov 21, 2014 4:45 PM

Oct 2014
I believe Kaneki has disociative identity disorder just like Jason.
Jason didn't know if he was Jason or Yamori.
The CCG are taking advantage of the disorder, and created the Sasaki persona.
As I stated previously what Kaneki wanted most was a family, meet his father, which he has in CCG.
Arima is a father figure for him while Akira the mother figure, the quinx are his family.
He doesn't want to wake up, waking up means more suffering. Right not he is confortable, he knows his role in a world, he is "human", he belongs.
No more conflict, no more pain. no more hunger, no more fear. Why wake up?
But meeting Nishio made his two personalities enter in conflict, that is why he went into crazy mode.
LameReader talked about in the spoiler being conditioned (which coincidentally is the masters I am doing :p) and if I were to talk in that sense, we could say that behaving as Sasaki is reinforced by having a home, by Akira smiling at him, by Arima speaking to him, by having a place where he doesn't have to fight for survival.
Being Kaneki has become aversive to him, so he is blocking it, but not bc the CCG is doing it, like I said CCG is only taking advantage of this.
I mean they never taught him that being Kaneki equals pain, that is something he learned while living it.
TBH, I think it is impossible to "rescue" him, why? Bc the patient doesn't really want to lol
1) In his mind he is a part of the CCG, and everytime he remembers something of his past life he enters in shock making him dangerous, that means, Touka and co. can't get close to him.
2) Even if they succeed in kidnapping him they would have Arima/Akira hot on their steps, and I don't think they would want that.
He has to heal himself, he has to wake up little by little, the question is: Is Kaneki going to sacrifice his friends life for this confortable life?
Plus the confortable life is kind of broken in a way...bc we will have Lamb fearful of him
Cookie jealous and probably down the path of self-destruction, if he starts to try to become like him.
So probably he will wake up little by little, achieve Arima's level, uncover CCG's corruption, and as well Aogiri's plans.
And well that's it.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 21, 2014 4:48 PM

Apr 2014
OH MY GOD

THE HYPE THOUGH
Nov 21, 2014 4:48 PM

May 2013
Well this confirms that Haise is Kaneki and Serpant is Nishio.
It seems that if Haise says he is Kaneki or someone else they will KILL him they also said he is ranked SS.

I am interested in the ending what will Arima and Haise be talking about?
Nov 21, 2014 4:53 PM

Jul 2013
yeees KANEKIIIIIIII well this was an awesome chapter!
Nov 21, 2014 4:53 PM

Sep 2013
KANEKI PROTECTING OTHERS AS USUAL

Nov 21, 2014 5:08 PM

Mar 2014
Kaneki confirmed. :D
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Nov 21, 2014 5:22 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
If it wasn't 1000% confirmed who Haise was before it is now lol.

This chapter simply had it all 100/5

Papa Arima is BACK
Nov 21, 2014 5:24 PM

Feb 2014
Really interesting chapter that finally confirmed the obv. (the HYPE tho). Nishio's "I'll die, I'll die ... was it?" was an awesome reference to the prequel^^

Really curious to see how the talk between Armia and Haise will go.
ddenpaNov 21, 2014 5:27 PM
Nov 21, 2014 5:33 PM

Sep 2011
Dat chapter... Omg. The hype is real. And Arima appearing at the end.
Nov 21, 2014 5:34 PM

Nov 2011
Arima huh? It's been awhile (although not for me since I've been reading Tokyo Ghoul Jack). Next chapter should be quite interesting indeed.
Nov 21, 2014 5:38 PM

Sep 2014
Stark700 said:
Arima huh? It's been awhile (although not for me since I've been reading Tokyo Ghoul Jack). Next chapter should be quite interesting indeed.

Jack has been sooo good, especially considering it's a web comic he does in his free time. I hope it's not done with this newest chapter but I can understand if he doesn't have the time to keep doing it.
Nov 21, 2014 5:40 PM

Nov 2014
Awesome chapter. So it is very likely that the people who are still alive from Anteiku are now aware of Kaneki being alive and working for the CCG (If they weren't already).

Really hope the other recurring characters from TG can make a comeback now.

Haise was definitely trying to hold back until he got stabbed by Nishiki: [spoiler]

Kvothe51Nov 21, 2014 5:46 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2014 5:42 PM

Mar 2012
I cant believe how people called correctly that Serpent was Nishio.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Nov 21, 2014 5:52 PM

Dec 2013
Wow Nishio has gotten stronger. Pretty cool fight.
Nov 21, 2014 5:54 PM

May 2012
He really is Ken!!!

Man this was a good ass chapter. Weird it came out early than I expected to. The reveals are strong in this one. We got Haise unleashing Ken to fight Serpent. Dat knuckle crack. Then I can't believe people guess that Serpent was Nishiki. That was crazy how they handle Ken. Now only did everybody knew what to do, but they know the rules also. What the fuck is that all about. SS rank Goul Ken. And that ending with Arima. This has to be the best chapter yet.

6/5.
Nov 21, 2014 5:56 PM
Oct 2012
nor is there much to say, best chapter so far.
Nov 21, 2014 6:07 PM
Oct 2012
amazing how Sasaki gives different form to his Kagune.
Nov 21, 2014 6:12 PM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:

Isn't that bc he has several kakuhous?
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 21, 2014 6:18 PM
Oct 2012
gabyta07 said:
Acernos said:

Isn't that bc he has several kakuhous?

it has influence, but more creativity and technique as in the case in which he copied the techniques of Tsukyama and Sachi.
Nov 21, 2014 6:29 PM
Oct 2012
but someone is having trouble stop seeing this fight?
Nov 21, 2014 6:31 PM

Dec 2013
Well, ppl said that it might be not their first encounter, but i guess it is. Well, if thats the case, give us about 30 chapters and touka will meet Sasaki and magic will happen.
Nov 21, 2014 6:35 PM
Oct 2012
the business is now expected corrections in dialogues that take place during the week.
Nov 21, 2014 6:36 PM

Oct 2014
1000% confirmed Sasaski=Kaneki, haters gon' hate!
Nov 21, 2014 6:40 PM

Sep 2007
Sh*t just hit the fan XD
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Nov 21, 2014 6:40 PM
Oct 2012
Just now I saw that Sasaki imitated a sentence of Arima.

"You will not pass here ................."
Nov 21, 2014 6:42 PM

Jun 2014
SEE URIE JUST POOPED ON THE FLOOR NAILED IT

btw i dont really get where the bullet end up, did she shoot kaneki ? cuz i didnt see shit lmao, did she shooted his leg or what no idea

#hype just how the conersation between arima and ken gonna evolve

damn waiting is damn painful

and now that Nishio knows about kaneki, im sure that he's gonna have some visitor like Touka or hinami hehee HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ps in your teeth urie, you can talk now, what you gonna say nigg*
Nov 21, 2014 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
Im very interested to know if he felt forced to say he is Haise to Mado,or he really feels like his name is Haise.
Nov 21, 2014 6:45 PM

Jun 2014
FrozenRemains said:
Im very interested to know if he felt forced to say he is Haise to Mado,or he really feels like his name is Haise.

i think for the moment he still thinks hes haise cuz when he said Nishio-senpai, he was like WHAT DID I SAY and came back to haise personality
Nov 21, 2014 6:47 PM
Oct 2012
FrozenRemains said:

well, she said something like: "think calmly about what you will say."
Nov 21, 2014 6:47 PM

Sep 2013
Hell Yessssss, Papa Arima has arrived XD and is about to heal baby sasaki's troubled heart :)

Urghhh I always hated akira :( but she has to stay cause she's my man amon's waifu :(
Half assed kagune hanlding there haise just leave it to the pro's.
Nov 21, 2014 6:48 PM

May 2012
And that is definitely Kaneki.
Nov 21, 2014 6:56 PM

Feb 2012
Kaneki confirmed, finalfuckingly)its was obvious from the get go). Now all these Kaneki is Haise doubters can shut the fuck up.
IciBurnNov 21, 2014 7:01 PM
Nov 21, 2014 6:57 PM
Oct 2012
Never doubted for a second it was Kaneki..

Theanimevoyeur said:
1000% confirmed Sasaski=Kaneki, haters gon' hate!

Yes
Nov 21, 2014 7:00 PM
Oct 2012
was also confirmed that Kaneki takes RC suppressors, and yet he is still highly powerful.
Nov 21, 2014 7:13 PM

Dec 2013
The plot is really getting interesting with this chapter. I'm really curious as to where this series is going to go. At first, it seemed like everything would be more from the CCG's viewpoint, thus painting them in more of the protagonist light. But now, it's become evident that the CCG has this scheme going, and what with Nishiki showing up, I'm interested in seeing just how the plot will progress. I'm glad that we're finally, slowly, starting to have some things fall into place.

So excited for next week!
Nov 21, 2014 7:28 PM
May 2014
And two predictable things that should've been predictable to everyone but wasnt happened.
Nov 21, 2014 7:30 PM

Dec 2013
Omfg this chapter...dat Nishiki..dat finger-cracking...dat Kaneki...my body can't take it...i'll die, i'll die, I'LL FUCKING DIE!!!
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 21, 2014 7:37 PM

Jan 2012
God the hype is too much, I don't even know why I'm so excited that Kaneki=Haise is confirmed since I knew it since the beginning lol

But ugh, this chapter was sooooo amazing I have to read it again to let it sink in!

I kinda feel bad because Mutsuki might be scared of Haise from now on, and he was the only one that actually followed him :c
Nov 21, 2014 8:02 PM

Apr 2014
Great Chapter
Nov 21, 2014 8:02 PM

May 2013
WHAT
NISHIO
IS
SERPENT
?

JUST
WHAT
IN
THE
WORLD
DID
ARIMA
DOES
TO
KANEKI
?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 21, 2014 8:03 PM
Nov 2014
That was the most satisfying chapter to read!!
-I agree with the earlier points of Sasaki having a personality to "hide" from being Kaneki.

Now, I am not sure, but do you guys thing these are numbers?

Firstly, I am aware it is just SFX movement, but I just keep seeing '7', does anyone know what it translate into?
here's the tarot meaning, so maybe you guys can either agree or debunk my guessing!
Wikipedia said:

Another view is that the mood of the card may be characterized as that of conquest. It represents a battle that can be won if the Querent has the willpower for it. The battle is usually an external one, with a clear goal and plan of action.

What does this all mean? It means a union of opposites, like the black and white steeds. They pull in different directions, but must be (and can be!) made to go together in one direction. Control is required over opposing emotions, wants, needs, people, or circumstances; to bring them together and give them a single direction, your direction.
other meanings:
Conquest — Honor — Victory — Energy
Egocentrism — Self—confidence — Conviction — Anxiety
Willpower — Self—assertion — Hard control — Discipline
Inflexibility — Success — Wealth — Recognition
Impulsivity — Command — Bravery — Pride

The other number I noticed looks like an upside down '8'

If inverted, the Querant is in danger of losing control to impulses and desires. Pride and unwarranted anger are also often associated with the inverted card.
Nov 21, 2014 8:03 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Epic chapter! Serpent = Nishio & Sasarious = Kaneki, confirmed!

Those Kagune movements were amazing! Nishio got insane strong to be on par with Sasarious!

Sniper Akira subdues the situation. Too bad, she wasn't wearing a sexy sniping outfit.

Shirazu, Urie and Mutsuki just experienced the phenomenal fighting style of Kaneki. Urie's envy will probably be in vain. I can't really see him topping Kaneki anytime soon.

Now the question is, how was Kaneki brainwashed? CCG mus've done some crazy sh!t to him.
Arima is about to give him a good lesson though.

Nov 21, 2014 8:04 PM

Aug 2014
Amazing chapter. I knew Nishiki was going to do the same thing Haise did to him back in the day, but then he got rekt again. I have no idea what kagune Haise was using, at first it was some strange arm-like one, then another that resembles Tsukiyama's then something like Rize's... did i miss something?

Anyway, now it's confirmed that Kaneki is Haise, so wherefore art thou, Arcanix, and all the organ theorists? Seems like Kaneki's rated SS, i'm guessing SSS is reserved for the Owl alone (and Arima, lol). I am so glad Cookie is now jealous, Shizu reveres Haise now, and Mitsuki is afraid. I am kinda displeased that both Nishiki and Torso got away, though.

5/5. Next time, Arima lectures his boy.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 21, 2014 8:09 PM

Sep 2008
Great chapter like always.
5/5

Poor Urie, envy? lol..
Nov 21, 2014 8:13 PM

Jul 2010
Did the number of his Kakuhou's increase?

He additionally now has a:

- Hand-like Kagune.
- Tsukiyama-like Kagune.
Nov 21, 2014 8:26 PM
Oct 2012
redd530 said:
Did the number of his Kakuhou's increase?

He additionally now has a:

- Hand-like Kagune.
- Tsukiyama-like Kagune.

because of the cannibalism there increased number of kakuhou him, but he is still a rinkaku, if you reread Kaneki vs Sachi and Kaneki vs Hirako, you will see that this is just creativity and training in control.
Nov 21, 2014 8:28 PM

Nov 2014
Omg amazing!!!!!! This manga just keeps getting better and better! Needs a tiny smidge more romance elements mixed in with all the current elements and it would be perfect imo. Kaneki x Akira would be interesting, similar to kenshin, girl falling in love with her lovers killer.
Nov 21, 2014 8:34 PM

Jun 2014
meowmix101 said:

Firstly, I am aware it is just SFX movement, but I just keep seeing '7', does anyone know what it translate into?

That's ( グツ) ( gustsu) it's like boil and toil, boil, blub blub.
that's the closest thing I can translate it into.
Nov 21, 2014 8:41 PM

Oct 2014

Just... wow... Things just getting more interesting.. looks like Papa has something to say with his little boy... :3

Also, this isn't the first time "Kaneki" has used his kagune in tsukiyama's style. Back there in Anteiku raid arc, he fought hirako take (the first class assistant of Kishou) by using Tsukiyama-styled attack form.

here he is:

HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

49 by MUIGaryuu »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.