Forums
New
Jun 19, 2014 7:25 PM

May 2014
Who's agree with me?

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2014 7:28 PM
May 2014
Who even said new anime is shit..? We're about to have one of the best seasons since a long time
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jun 19, 2014 7:32 PM

May 2014
You know, those crazy elitist who think that there are no good anime in 2000s-2010s

Mod Edit: potentially derailing reference to another user removed
VudisJun 20, 2014 12:20 AM

Jun 19, 2014 7:35 PM

Oct 2013
I totally think that the new anime that comes out have some awesome stuff in it. I watch mostly new stuff because its easier to keep track of and I like being caught up with stuff. Sure there are always gonna be some shows that come out that are gonna be crap, but there were shows that came out years ago that were crap too its just that we remember the awesome shows of the time not the crappy ones, whereas the bad ones coming out are just as new as the good ones so people are still talking about them, and learning about weather or not they are good or bad.
Jun 19, 2014 7:37 PM

Apr 2013
To make that statement, you kind of need to watch some old anime first. I'm not disagreeing with you, but none of the stuff on your list aired pre 2000.
Jun 19, 2014 7:37 PM

Nov 2013
kikohunter said:
Who even said new anime is shit..?

I've heard some people.

There will obviously be good and bad anime that come out regardless of the time period.
That's not something that needs elaboration.

I can see you

Jun 19, 2014 7:38 PM

May 2014
MasterGlyth said:
kikohunter said:
Who even said new anime is shit..?

I've heard some people.

There will obviously be good and bad anime that come out regardless of the time period.
That's not something that needs elaboration.

I agree with you.

Jun 19, 2014 7:39 PM

Oct 2009
theres too much otaku cliches in new anime
Jun 19, 2014 7:40 PM

Jan 2013
It's all opinion. When will people understand that opinions differ?
Jun 19, 2014 7:45 PM

May 2014
ew I agree, but I dislike most of them.
Jun 19, 2014 7:45 PM

Nov 2013
Cupquake said:
To make that statement, you kind of need to watch some old anime first. I'm not disagreeing with you, but none of the stuff on your list aired pre 2000.
But all anime sucks anyway so this is irrelevant.
Seriously though, he never compared new anime to old anime so I'm not sure why you're saying he has to watch old anime.
If he said old anime is not better, or new anime is just as good then I agree with you, but all he said was new anime is not shit.

OT: yes new anime is not all shit.
Jun 19, 2014 7:53 PM

Apr 2013
Botato said:
Cupquake said:
But all anime sucks anyway so this is irrelevant.
Seriously though, he never compared new anime to old anime so I'm not sure why you're saying he has to watch old anime.
If he said old anime is not better, or new anime is just as good then I agree with you, but all he said was new anime is not shit.

OT: yes new anime is not all shit.
Maybe he'll find old anime so good that the new stuff is shit in comparison because it raises his standards? You never know.
Jun 19, 2014 8:00 PM

Nov 2013
Cupquake said:
Maybe he'll find old anime so good that the new stuff is shit in comparison because it raises his standards? You never know.
Sure.
But that's still not very relevant to his current assessment. He judged based on what he currently knows o.o
Jun 19, 2014 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
Yep, agree. There's things that will appeal to you and things that won't any year. If newer shows don't appeal to you it's just the way it is, doesn't mean they are "shit".
Jun 19, 2014 8:03 PM

Apr 2013
Botato said:
Cupquake said:
Sure.
But that's still not very relevant to his current assessment. He judged based on what he currently knows o.o
She's saying that the elitists are wrong because she thinks new anime is good. But if she actually watched old anime and had a change of heart, she would end up agreeing with the elitists.
Jun 19, 2014 8:03 PM
Feb 2014
Besides, half of the people who argue that its shit offer the most shallow reasons why. It's like talking to robots or walls.

Blame /a/ though, tons of MAL's vocals/shitposters come from there.
Jun 19, 2014 8:15 PM

Nov 2013
Cupquake said:
She's saying that the elitists are wrong because she thinks new anime is good. But if she actually watched old anime and had a change of heart, she would end up agreeing with the elitists.
This has just gone around in a circle x_x
Well, I'm not really sure. You made it sound like someone's opinion is invalid unless they watch old anime and make comparisons in your original post. I disagree, if I watch something I can judge it. Opinions change with time of course but there are no requirements you have to meet to judge an anime, besides actually watching it of course.
Jun 19, 2014 8:21 PM

Oct 2012
Can people just give and take sometimes?

That "Oh yeah on this point you're right, but I still think that older/new animes are better"
Not everything is black and white.

I think visually new animes are amazing. I love the bright colors and it's a change of pace since older animes don't always have such colorful universes. However, new animes seems to have a lack of originality, always redoing what has always been done, but there are some pearls - I won't whine about this, since, for example, someone who loves watching harem animes can keep watching harem animes. Sometimes repeating the same stuff is not that bad.

Older animes have mostly deepter stories (not that new anime don't) and more mature characters, but now that lots of teenagers around the world watch animes, it seems that mature stories aren't THAT much around anymore. Also, serious subjects in new animes seems "Oooooh so edgy that's s0 d4rk" and doesn't seem to be exploited properly. Like take an average anime with fights, add blood and OOOOH IT'S SO EDGY (*cough*Kurokami*cough*)

And I like both. Hate me now for not taking sides.
Jun 19, 2014 8:32 PM

Sep 2013
I think most of us probably realized that on our own, but thanks for the reminder.
Jun 19, 2014 8:45 PM

Mar 2012
The most of the new animes are shit... So... I may agree with you, because some exceptions can swim upstream.

VudisJun 20, 2014 12:25 AM
Jun 19, 2014 8:50 PM

Jul 2012
I don't like a lot of anime from this decade but its not even 1/2 over yet. As for 2K anime I like some of it. I'm picky with everything I watch.
Jun 19, 2014 8:57 PM

May 2014
Chekchie said:

That "Oh yeah on this point you're right, but I still think that older/new animes are better"

I think visually new animes are amazing. I love the bright colors and it's a change of pace since older animes don't always have such colorful universes. However, new animes seems to have a lack of originality, always redoing what has always been done, but there are some pearls - I won't whine about this, since, for example, someone who loves watching harem animes can keep watching harem animes. Sometimes repeating the same stuff is not that bad.

Older animes have mostly deepter stories (not that new anime don't) and more mature characters, but now that lots of teenagers around the world watch animes, it seems that mature stories aren't THAT much around anymore. Also, serious subjects in new animes seems "Oooooh so edgy that's s0 d4rk" and doesn't seem to be exploited properly. Like take an average anime with fights, add blood and OOOOH IT'S SO EDGY (*cough*Kurokami*cough*)

I actually think that you have a pretty good argument.

VudisJun 20, 2014 12:26 AM

Jun 19, 2014 8:57 PM

Jun 2012
It's not just the new Anime that is shit.

Chuunichan said:
Chekchie said:

I actually think that you have a pretty good argument
That's not a good argument at all, it's hugely biased and doesn't take into account the edgegore tryhard shows of pre 2000 like Devilman.

People who make arguements like this have typically seen the #1 most popular Anime from pre 2000 seasons and the majority of standard fare shlock among post 2010 seasons.

Does anyone actually believe run of the mill harem Anime like Oniai or Daimidaler will be remembered 20 years from now? Keep in mind there will be hundreds of more Anime titles by that point.

VudisJun 20, 2014 12:29 AM
Jun 19, 2014 9:01 PM

Jul 2012
let's just accept there's shit everywhere :)
Jun 19, 2014 9:09 PM

Nov 2010
Chekchie said:

For your first paragraph. Do you think the amount of good anime has decreased or just that there's just more crap around too? Because many times more anime is being made now. And the anime that are old and popular have stood the test of time being recommended and hyped for dozens of years. Now you can watch Pupa as it airs and know what crap is.

And do you like old anime or really have any experience? Basically all of your 8s, 9s, and 10s are new. Or are you saying that you don't like deeper stories and mature characters? The oldest anime on your list are from the 90s(which is barely considered old) and you've only watched 9(and 6 of those are from the same two franchises).
Jun 19, 2014 10:03 PM

Mar 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Do you think the amount of good anime has decreased or just that there's just more crap around too? Because many times more anime is being made now. And the anime that are old and popular have stood the test of time being recommended and hyped for dozens of years. Now you can watch Pupa as it airs and know what crap is.

It's exactly the same thought that i had about it and was going to do.
Thanks that you did it first, 'cause i'm not good explaining things.

Btw, the old animes is still increasing among with the good ones. So if you gonna compare now, with old times, of course old times have much most of the better animes, because that time have a much more longer range.

VudisJun 20, 2014 12:31 AM
Jun 19, 2014 10:37 PM

Mar 2012
Zergneedsfood said:
I think one thing to note is that with changing technology and stuff, new anime are technically superior to old anime. Introduction of better instrument software means you get clearer sounds, and I think overall soundtracks nowadays are better, at least to my tastes, than a lot of anime that came out in the past. Whether it's the higher technical skill of players or the technological superiority of current instrument samples and editing/recording software, you're going to get better sounds than you did before, whether it be in sound effects or music.

Animation budgets are also arguably higher in certain areas, which means you are getting higher quality CGI, frames per second, less usage of elementary cinematography, and overall cleaner designs and smoother/fluid animation. You also have much higher resolution than before, which means depending on which devices you use and which resolutions you download, you're getting much higher aesthetic value out of what you're watching as opposed to some other anime that didn't have higher resolutions available.

By that metric, plenty of new anime are objectively superior to their older counterparts. Obviously, preferences still reign supreme and one can make the argument that various anime like Akira or some other random heavily art drawn anime is still better animated, but then again Redline is all hand drawn and that's probably technically superior to any hand drawn anime made before it.

Damn, i always wanted to say that, for me it's what's the most relevant thing that was evolving in the anime scenario it's the technology stuff of it... The technics...

Zergneedsfood said:

As far as stories are concerned, I think people ignore a lot of the great stories of the last few years (2007-2014) and choose to focus on the negatives. There are also quite a few good anime from 2000-2006 that also can't really be ignored.

About storys i ain't that optimistic, because actually it's looks like, we are being more liberal and open a more wide range, so it means that we have more options and people that are already addicted with some kinds(at least most of them) won't like that new perspectives that much...
Likewise having more options(fanservices), means that we gonna have more hate towards them.
Jun 19, 2014 11:27 PM

Jun 2014
No not all new anime is shit though the quality of future animes and past animes are debatable.

I wish I could contribute to the thread but I don't watch new animes. ;c;

Mod Edit: Merged double post due to post removal
VudisJun 20, 2014 12:36 AM
Jun 20, 2014 12:20 AM

Jun 2011
ross123456 said:
theres too much otaku cliches in new anime

honestly it is embarassing sometimes when the same story is continuously recycled and new anime rely strictly on pure fanserivice to get the ppl to watch but hey that's what it's like with any kind of programming. you can't love 'em all so be greatful you can rate them and talk shit about them or praise them here. :3
Jun 20, 2014 12:22 AM

Jun 2013
Anime, both new and old can be good or bad, it is all based on your judgment. In my opinion, while I enjoy the older art styles of the 80s, the newer Anime (since 2010) certainly have a step up in stories, at least ones that are not as cliche.
Jun 20, 2014 12:25 AM

Mar 2014
I can agree with that! Some people can't accept the new stuff. They cling to the "classics" Oh and im not trying to start an argument here, im just stating my opinion :P
Jun 20, 2014 12:25 AM

Jan 2014
Cupquake said:

So you're saying, that someone that doesn't watch anime that aired in pre 2000. Cannot make any say in this? Also anime that aired in 2006 are considered old. So there is no definite old in terms of what to call a old anime.
Jun 20, 2014 12:28 AM

Jun 2013
Oneeyedwolf said:
Cupquake said:

So you're saying, that someone that doesn't watch anime that aired in pre 2000. Cannot make any say in this?
I agree that was a stupid thing to say, however it would be hard for them to push their point forward. Same with the people who do the same for newer shows.
Jun 20, 2014 12:34 AM

Jan 2013
Oneeyedwolf said:
Cupquake said:

So you're saying, that someone that doesn't watch anime that aired in pre 2000. Cannot make any say in this? Also anime that aired in 2006 are considered old. So there is no definite old in terms of what to call a old anime.

It's arrogant to make statements without knowledge to back it up. 2006 is not old. I'd say 1970 to pre 2000 are old anime.
Jun 20, 2014 12:38 AM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned
Removed spam, offtopic and all discussion about "a certain user".
If this was a thread meant to bash another user it would've been removed.
For now stay on the topic at hand. Further derailing may lead to the thread getting locked.
Jun 20, 2014 12:46 AM

Jan 2014
Rance-sama said:
Oneeyedwolf said:

It's arrogant to make statements without knowledge to back it up. 2006 is not old. I'd say 1970 to pre 2000 are old anime.

That's the thing, everyone has a different view on what can be called old. You said 1970 to pre 2000, other people would even say 2010 anime are old, so you can't reason like that. I also don't think the op was implying that old anime are not good, he's was just expressing his thoughts, maybe because he heard a lot of people saying new anime are not so good.
OneeyedwolfJun 20, 2014 12:50 AM
Jun 20, 2014 3:10 AM

Jan 2014
Most anime made after 2007 are bad. Especially 2010 up. But of course, there must be some good ones every year, it's just that it's harder to find :(
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Jun 20, 2014 3:11 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
new anime is fine
Jun 20, 2014 3:15 AM
May 2009
Not all new anime is shit. Alot just don't have that impact that leaves a lasting impression. Then there are those that do.
Jun 20, 2014 3:16 AM

May 2013
i agree this past spring season was pretty good i must say and even looking forward to summer and fall season got good line ups
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..
Jun 20, 2014 3:21 AM
Mar 2011
zalot of it i late night slock thus bad
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 20, 2014 3:22 AM

Aug 2011
FGAU1912 said:

So, just because it's aired late night it's bad? Way to generalise there.
Jun 20, 2014 4:06 AM
Dec 2013
Of course they're not all shit.

Jun 20, 2014 5:04 AM

Jan 2014
Yes it is, at least most of them.

But to be fair, most of old anime was shit too. So yeah.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jun 20, 2014 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
I thought this was obvious. Not everything that comes out of a different time period is shit.
Jun 20, 2014 6:07 AM
Mar 2011
mitch3315 said:
FGAU1912 said:

So, just because it's aired late night it's bad? Way to generalise there.

they hurt the image of anime and the fandom and over all Tv ratings that anime evics year on year
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 20, 2014 7:07 AM
Mar 2011
Zergneedsfood said:
FGAU1912 said:

they hurt the image of anime and the fandom and over all Tv ratings that anime evics year on year
How do they hurt the image again?
mges the imm

it damages the ge of the fans and plus makes less money overall so is bad for buisess around 75% of all Tv anime makes moey wise comes form around 10 shows none of witch are late night

that is why i can enver call a pur late nght studio as one of the best they 1 make less money 2 make TV ANIME that relay on sales of dvd ie thye should ust make OVA's

either that or there sponsprs cannot buy a solt in prime time

if you know how oytside funding of anime realy work then you would agrre

Jun 20, 2014 7:32 AM
Mar 2011
Zergneedsfood said:
FGAU1912 said:
mges the imm

it damages the ge of the fans and plus makes less money overall so is bad for buisess around 75% of all Tv anime makes moey wise comes form around 10 shows none of witch are late night

that is why i can enver call a pur late nght studio as one of the best they 1 make less money 2 make TV ANIME that relay on sales of dvd ie thye should ust make OVA's

either that or there sponsprs cannot buy a solt in prime time

if you know how oytside funding of anime realy work then you would agrre
Okay, so what does any of that have to do with the artistic or entertainment quality of the works in question?

anime is business first art 2nd

Jun 20, 2014 8:19 AM

Feb 2013
Zergneedsfood said:
FGAU1912 said:
anime is business first art 2nd
Okay, but clearly the topic is talking about how not all new anime is shit from an entertainment perspective and not as a function of sales or revenue. Your argument is hence irrelevant to the topic at hand.
OP just said 'not all new anime is shit'
a possible interpretation would be shit as in commercial failure/glorified OVAs/relies only on BD sales and merchandise, etc and perhaps OP was talking about stuff like Danchi Tomo, the new Precure, Yokai Watch, DBZ Kai, Kindaichi ...

since OP didnt give any examples, every possible interpretation is fair game
Jun 20, 2014 8:23 AM

Feb 2013
Zergneedsfood said:
romagia said:
OP just said 'not all new anime is shit'
a possible interpretation would be shit as in commercial failure/glorified OVAs/relies only on BD sales and merchandise, etc and perhaps OP was talking about stuff like Danchi Tomo, the new Precure, Yokai Watch, DBZ Kai, Kindaichi ...
That's clearly not what the OP meant at all:

Chuunichan said:
You know, those crazy elitist who think that there are no good anime in 2000s-2010s
i certainly cant name any good=mainstream=high japan tv ratings anime from 2000-2010
it still depends on how you define good
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Anime with better story than art

ST63LTH - Yesterday

12 by DigiCat »»
13 minutes ago

» Why Don't You Watch More Spooky Anime?

LenRea - Yesterday

29 by Swyzen »»
59 minutes ago

» When did the term “Japanimation” started to become “anime” and what was the cause of that?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

31 by Gashadokur0 »»
1 hour ago

» what is one popular anime character trope you're tired and sick of ??

ame - 6 hours ago

14 by isolated-otaku »»
1 hour ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect. ( 1 2 3 )

Gashadokur0 - May 21

126 by Gashadokur0 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.