Forum Settings
Forums

what is one popular anime character trope you're tired and sick of ??

New
May 23, 11:38 PM
cinnamon girl β™‘

Apr 2021
loud annoying characters who act like saints - eg Zenitsu and Asta

their whole personality is built on being loud and pathetic and some OP power... its just so,,,bland
May 23, 11:39 PM

Feb 2020
I also don't like those loud characters at all.
May 23, 11:46 PM

Oct 2013
Zenitsu from Kimetsu no Yaiba. Loud, obnoxious, annoying, unfunny, weird in a way that can't be seen as entertaining when his antics are taking place on the screen. Absolutely awful character, indeed.
✨Saint Seiya Club🌠
May 24, 12:52 AM

May 2019
Those obnoxious insufferable high pitched screamers.
May 24, 1:02 AM

Apr 2024
Perverts. Roshi was and is the only bearable one, I despise them and the absurd number of nosebleed gags I've witnessed because of them.
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
May 24, 1:55 AM

Mar 2023
Characters that have the personality of a rock but for some reason every female characters want to suck their cock. You will find them in most Isekai and Harem trash.
May 24, 1:55 AM

May 2020
Eternal flirting premises. I am so burned out on them. At least give me the illusion that it could lead somewhere. Once in a blue moon when 2 characters actually start dating I do an actual double take , leave the room to collect myself, and then do a rajang spin slam back into my seat to continue watching.
May 24, 2:02 AM

May 2021
ame said:
loud annoying characters who act like saints - eg Zenitsu and Asta

their whole personality is built on being loud and pathetic and some OP power... its just so,,,bland

Asta maybe a lil, but i wouldn't say Zenitsu tries very hard to act like a saint lol
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
May 24, 2:17 AM

Jul 2021
When a couple wants to do a romantic scene, but it's suddenly interrupted by a third party. It's nice if it's funny but usually it's not, I'm sick of seeing this trope repeated over and over again, let the romantic development go naturally.

π•Šπ•™π•šπ•£π•  - π•Šπ•–π•šπ•€π•™π•¦π•Ÿ'𝕀 ℙ𝕝𝕒π•ͺπ•π•šπ•€π•₯
"Time doesn't heal anything, it just teaches us how to live with pain." —Itachi Uchiha
May 24, 2:30 AM

Nov 2023
Using generic fantasy world( thought worldbuilding isn't that hard?)

Loud and annoying shonen characters- eg eren

Superschool
May 24, 2:34 AM

Sep 2016
Whatever trope is at fault for making Zenitsu so insufferable.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 24, 2:34 AM

Feb 2024
Characters evading bullets and arrows. I watched Berserk recently, and projectiles moved super-weird trajectories there all the time, it was so annoying.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 24, 3:35 AM

Jul 2021
Tsundere
I think I described like half of anime girls, but here you go.

Also the pathetic shut in NEETs.
May 24, 3:48 AM

Jan 2021
I hate dense main characters in like romance anime. BRO GET THE HINT! ITS SO PAINFUL
May 24, 4:11 AM

Mar 2023
Overpowered Male Isekai MC is the Reason I Hate Isekai
May 24, 6:06 AM
Aug 2021
MC who went through "training" but it turned out to be useless because having dad/special clan genes or some spirit "possessing" him already made him broken by default.
May 24, 7:03 AM

Jan 2023
Obnoxious and overly loud characters with the most cardboard personalities are the bane of my existence in terms of character writing, like the brat Choji in Wind Breaker.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
May 24, 7:16 AM

Jul 2022
1. Irritated pipsqueaks whose attitude is like a toddler having a temper tantrum.

2. A protagonist collapses for no particularly reason other than tiredness, fever, or a cold

3. The worst cliffhangers at the end of an episode

May 24, 7:17 AM

Mar 2012
Tsunderes, I still don't get what's so good about these abusive bitches/bastards, worst part is MC always chooses the tsundere in the end.
May 24, 7:21 AM

Jul 2021
i don't like the girl hitting the mc trope at all

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 24, 8:53 AM

Aug 2017
The "accidental pervert".

Step 1: Accidentally grope woman's breast or walk in on her in a state of undress

Step 2: Get punched by said woman

Step 3: ???????????

Step 4: Profit
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
REST IN PEACE KENTAROU MIURA
May 24, 9:12 AM

Nov 2020
Loud hard tsundere. The trope now irrelevant for modern anime
What Does Pot of Greed do?
May 24, 10:43 AM

Oct 2017
The sexual predator who is played off as a joke. As a woman that shit isn't funny it's just creepy
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
May 24, 12:22 PM

May 2021
I can’t really say there’s any trope I’m particularly tired of. At the end of the day, tropes are tools, and they can be used both well & poorly, and a trope being used poorly across multiple series does little for my opinion of any specific trope. At worst it just makes me think that the series using it is just poorly-written, not that the trope as a whole is bad
Barely catching my breath!
Lay my eyes on the crest!
Gonna square up to all of the heat that is left!
So I carry the torch! To Inferno! Inferno!

More topics from this board

» Create Your Perfect Staff: ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Yesterday

59 by Lost_Viking »»
10 minutes ago

» the L word

SmugMiri - 12 hours ago

40 by blvrrry »»
11 minutes ago

» Are Manga and LN only fans considered Anime fans?

Dragevard - Today

26 by Mayahuel »»
18 minutes ago

» Tried going to reddit to discuss Anime, worst decision ever. ( 1 2 3 )

kriissyy12 - Jul 4, 2022

130 by ThePantsuGuru »»
25 minutes ago

» Waifus that will cuck you (nominate 1 or 2 characters)

IpreferEcchi - 6 hours ago

3 by ISeeLifePeople »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.