Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2014 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit, more cursed children. I should of known. Still, Kagetane is the one giving me the creeps. Soundtrack was pretty good overall again this episode and pacing picked up. It felt a little rushed though for some reason.

Oh Enju and Rentaro get along so well with those little flashbacks. ;o. I feel sorry for the cursed children of the present though.
Stark700Apr 15, 2014 9:51 AM
Apr 15, 2014 7:34 AM

Nov 2012
I watched the raw so I didn't understand much.
The masked man is back and it seems like he got a companion. This episode looks interesting.
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Apr 15, 2014 8:19 AM

Nov 2007
Masked guy has a cursed child as a daughter? Wow, such a torturing on cursed children, and that masked guy came to recruit the main guy. He's been trying to help those children... and at least his partner got well (I think I understand why she's so obsessed with him now).

Such cool song for a healing voice for ED.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 15, 2014 9:04 AM
Aug 2013
OP of the Season
ED of the Season

Anime of the Season? Maybe, but for now, it's a wonderful anime *.*
Apr 15, 2014 9:17 AM

Nov 2008
Nice - the series got grittier and darker, some of the plot holes are being filled in, and the antagonist is definitely no pushover.
Apr 15, 2014 9:19 AM

Mar 2014
This Second Episode was also interesting. It got more darker than the previous one.

...But I think the Japanese wouldn't be able to discriminate against the cursed children that are infected with destructive retrovirus. Because they are lolis. Haha.
dmrchApr 15, 2014 9:31 AM
Apr 15, 2014 9:52 AM

Jun 2011
It just keeps getting better and better. ;-)
Apr 15, 2014 10:12 AM
Jan 2014
Things just got more serious, now I'm hyped for this anime.
The OST so far is very good, can't wait to hear the rest of it.
Apr 15, 2014 10:14 AM

Mar 2012
The Series defiantly got a whole lot darker and serious with this episode.

It looks like Morality and Discrimination will be played in a large context in this one.

Kagatane is quite an awesome villain from one i have seen, Manipulative, Cunning, Creepy and comedic in a dark twisted way. Also at least he is not underestimating his opponents.

Looking forward to next week, Still no clue how long this series will last ?
Apr 15, 2014 10:14 AM

Jun 2013
Very nice episode, ending is very good as well. Cant wait for the next one.
Apr 15, 2014 10:18 AM

Aug 2010
Wow! That was amazing! Really loving the serious emotions this ep gave.

Some serious feels.

The meeting was nice with how all those promoters were gathered. Nice to see there's some kind of ranking too. 120,000th XD There's a long way to go hehe.

Shogen's initiator is sooo cute :3

Loving Kagetane more and more. The dude is FRIGGIN BA!! Kohina is sooo cute <3 One crazy loli that calls him papa <3 Yuuki Aoi's voice is so good with her :3
The way Kagetane just killed all those people was awesome.

Enju was cuter than last ep. Kawaii <3

The way the police shot the kid was so cringe >~< SHIT! I wanted to kill the shit out of them!!

Enju vs Kohina was a nice intro for what's to come. Kohina's Papa kiraii was cute :3

Last part with how Enju was looked at like that and ran away and how Satomi was searching for her was really emotional :*(

Great MC ^^ And the show has gotten way better than the 1st ep.
Apr 15, 2014 10:24 AM
Dec 2013
Episode very mysterious and full of revelations, waiting for the next.
Apr 15, 2014 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
Waha Nice ep!
I want to see the masked man vs Satomi :)
Apr 15, 2014 10:28 AM

Feb 2013
Disturbing.
Those police officers and all the ones who don't accept the Cursed Children should be tortured and burned alive.
Apr 15, 2014 10:35 AM

Sep 2013
Loved the episode except that they cut short much of Enju-chan's school rumour scene, that was supposed to bring out the impact in this episode but they didn't adapt it from the manga. Disappointed with that and didn't bring me the emotions I have reading it.Wrong chapter. Judging from their speed, next episode we shall see how

4/5.
delulytricApr 15, 2014 11:59 AM
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Apr 15, 2014 10:39 AM

Nov 2013
Those police officers... Why?
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Apr 15, 2014 10:42 AM

Feb 2014
Much stronger than the debut episode. I had my doubts but now I'm genuinely hyped for some more.
Apr 15, 2014 10:43 AM
Feb 2013
This was a really good episode, looking foward for the next one.
Apr 15, 2014 10:47 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Those rotten cops should have been destroyed by Enju. This is why I dislike cops in real life.

That cursed girl has a strong will to live as well. Hopefully Enju reunites with her.

The masked man has a barrier and it reflects objects as well. Deja Vu
Masked man also has an initiator as well. He asks Satomi to join forces with him which he refuses. I wonder if there was a child from Enju's school that was hiding during the confrontation between Satomi and Masked Man and after they left the child told her classmates Enju is a cursed child.

Idk there has to be a cause as to how Enju's secret got leaked. Either some bystander during the confrontation between Satomi and masked man told the school Enju is a cursed child or some kid got Enju mad at school and her red eyes activated.

Satomi from personal experience views Enju like a little sister I suppose and not as a tool. That is why he got mad at the elder for stating that initiators are mere tools.

Edit: Viewing the police scene again it is messed up how Satomi couldn't save the child. I know some people will say that he's a weak MC, but in my opinion he had no other choice. Had he interfered in the situation most likely Enju would have been in put in danger. Satomi's rank isn't higher than the cops, and plus Satomi would have gotten in trouble for not being a responsible promoter. Although perhaps he could have shot the cops when they were shooting the child since he sent Enju home minutes before he got there.
SweetKiichigoApr 15, 2014 10:56 AM

Apr 15, 2014 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
Getting hyped about this series, cant wait for next week's episode.
My Candies:
Apr 15, 2014 10:53 AM

Sep 2011
That was fuck up!

This ep when 360 from the last ep, shocking stuff from the maskman madman crazy & that police scene (._.) i wish the mc could be a little more sensitive & cunning because sometime he just dumb ~dont tell the villian where you live and your name idiot! Great ep btw.
Apr 15, 2014 10:54 AM

Jul 2013
HOLY SHIT.
I knew this would take a turn to the dark side, but damn some scenes were disturbing.
Can't wait to next episode.
Apr 15, 2014 10:58 AM

Aug 2011
I liked this episode a lot better than the previous episode, I have to say. The previous episode's main problem was it's exposition, it was just so awkward, and the fact that it was so light hearted in a rather serious situation, but everything was a lot better this episode. It's nice that they also shed some light on Enju and how she used to be.

One gripe I had was when those police officers and shop owners were being openly violent with the Cursed Child and Rentarou didn't really do anything even though he could have (and he lamented it later, but still). I'm assuming it's because it would ultimately expose Enju's identity.

I'd also like to say how much I really like the OP. The intro and outro of it sound kind of like the

"Der Feind ist grausam... Wir bringen...
Der Feind ist riesig... Wir springen..."

part of Jiyuu no Tsubasa but that doesn't really bother me. I feel like a lot of anime OPs as of late are that bouncy SoL/romcom type (which I don't particularly care for) and having a change like this is nice. I also really like the ED.
Apr 15, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2009
1. Masked dude hiruko is super OP; Those police officers are messed up

2. Only in anime would u see two 10 year old's dueling it out in an alleyway

3. Seeing enju's backstory with the dog collar was lil hard to watch

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 15, 2014 10:59 AM

Feb 2013
Really loved this episode.
The first episode left me unsure if I would be able to enjoy this series but now I'm pretty hyped for more.
The Police Is Your Friend. Another good example was delivered in this episode.
I feel sorry for the all those cursed children.

Apr 15, 2014 11:01 AM

Jul 2010
Rentarou really treasures Enju, it was sweet.
The scene were the child was shot... instant dislike on those people.
Hiruko does seem partially right.
I wonder what is it that case that would destroy Tokyo.

I hope Enju goes back soon.
Apr 15, 2014 11:07 AM

May 2013
I had a feeling Enju was hiding in there with those other girls. Just sad seeing that girl getting shot down by those cops. At least that she is alive.
Apr 15, 2014 11:08 AM

Feb 2014
So glad this has gotten darker than the first ep. Wonder why the masked man wanted to team with Rentaro, is he special? And I don't really understand why Enju ran away, it's not like Rentaro rejected her.
I'm still hyped for this series though, might end up being my favourite of this season
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
Apr 15, 2014 11:10 AM

Dec 2012
King Tortures' loli a cute. Interesting show so far.
Apr 15, 2014 11:10 AM

Sep 2013
That hiroko thou.
Rentaro should recruit every cursed children under his wing and protect them.
The creatures are only spiders or is their different insects too?
Apr 15, 2014 11:14 AM

Mar 2012
ichii_1 said:
That hiroko thou.

Not just insects but other animals for example Enju has the rabbit gene while villians partner got the mantis gene. you will see more variety later
Apr 15, 2014 11:15 AM

Feb 2014
ichii_1 said:
That hiroko thou.

Uh, remember episode one the opening scene. The giant flying insect.
Apr 15, 2014 11:35 AM
Feb 2013
Man, why doesn't that masked man take off his mask?

And, why does Enju have to hide from Satomi when she has head as to how loyal is he to her.
Apr 15, 2014 11:37 AM

Feb 2014
RazorRamona200 said:
Man, why doesn't that masked man take off his mask?

And, why does Enju have to hide from Satomi when she has head as to how loyal is he to her.

They have only been together for a year. He didn't help the other cursed child, to her knowledge, and its understandable she would be extremely distraught from this.
Apr 15, 2014 11:44 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Teira27 said:
So glad this has gotten darker than the first ep. Wonder why the masked man wanted to team with Rentaro, is he special? And I don't really understand why Enju ran away, it's not like Rentaro rejected her.
I'm still hyped for this series though, might end up being my favourite of this season

She ran away because the secret she hid which was being a cursed child got leaked out at school. Put yourself in her shoes, cursed children are treated very bad. An example would be the little girl that got beat up by the cops. That shows how much they society hates cursed children and why the Elder is trying to teach the cursed children to behave properly and control their emotions when they are socializing with other normal people.

She also ran away because Satomi didn't help the little girl. Maybe she doubted Satomi's kindness and she ran away. I mean they only know each other for a year but still she must be very mad at Satomi for not saving her on the spot.

Back to Enju, since her secret got leaked out she couldn't stay in school because she would get discriminated for being cursed. How her secret got leaked out is left to speculate but I have a couple theories:
- Someone from Enju's school saw her fight the masked man's girl and they leaked her secret
- One of her classmates got her mad at school and she accidentally showed her red eyes. Cursed children have red eyes when fighting

Apr 15, 2014 11:47 AM

May 2012
too much cute kids.. Nice Ren and Enju bond..

Apr 15, 2014 11:47 AM

Dec 2011
This is getting better, seeing that Hiruko dealt with all those top dog Promoters like they are nothing.

Can't wait to see when Enju comes back again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2014 11:49 AM

Dec 2013
was the masked guy talking about the cursed children when he said : They'll betray you..? does he wish to get rid of them or have them under his control ?
Apr 15, 2014 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
This series just got a lot more interesting. Hiruko is a such a badass antagonist. Didn't expect him to have an initiator.
The discrimination against the cursed children is messed up. Really hated how the cops shot the girl down like that.
Apr 15, 2014 11:54 AM

Mar 2011
Introduction of new lolis~
Society's hatred towards the cursed children are though
Looking forward to the next episode.
Do you like cakes?
You don't like cakes?
I like cakes.
Apr 15, 2014 12:01 PM

Mar 2013
Hiruko, best villain of the season?
What a fucked up generation and society....
I don't understand why people despise the "Curse Children" to an extreme level even though they're supposed to be the saviors of humanity. I know their spawns (from infection) of the same beings who are wreaking havoc upon humanity and also those who have been affected directly turning into monsters, it would make more than enough sense for humans within their world to entirely despise them. But seeing from Enju, they can function normally well in society as long as they have care and attention..
Apr 15, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2014
lolis...lolis everywhere
Apr 15, 2014 12:04 PM

Apr 2014
Now this episode was much more interesting than the first one. Im looking forward to next one. Is the masked guy inspired by V from V for Vendetta or something ?
Apr 15, 2014 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
Very good episode although the pacing felt a bit rushed. The scene with the cops wasn't depicted as shocking as the manga but it was good nevertheless. By the way still no news about whether its 1cour or 2cour?
Apr 15, 2014 12:09 PM

Apr 2010
Both the anime and the manga are based on a series of light novels that have about 7 volumes now. The manga hasn't even finished covering volume 1 of the novels yet so the pacing isn't THAT bad.
Apr 15, 2014 12:14 PM

Apr 2011
inb4 the masked man is his father or something like that lel
Apr 15, 2014 12:14 PM

Sep 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
ichii_1 said:
That hiroko thou.

Not just insects but other animals for example Enju has the rabbit gene while villians partner got the mantis gene. you will see more variety later

That's good, I thought all the gastreas were only gonna be different types of spiders.

eXtacy67 said:

Uh, remember episode one the opening scene. The giant flying insect.

That flying insect could be a flying spider you know? :O
Apr 15, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2014
I enjoyed the episode. I'm not a fan of all the little children but I don't mind it too much. Hope to see how the story progresses.

1 episode a week is not enough >.<
Apr 15, 2014 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
This is getting better and better. Kagetane is so badass. Enju was so cute.

Those Police officers treated a kid like that was too much.
Apr 15, 2014 12:34 PM

Jun 2013
Wow! This is getting seriously good!

Hiroko troll level isn't over 9000 yet, but it's getting close :)
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2014

176 by cableguyjay »»
Yesterday, 3:07 AM

» Is it true that there is no hope? Do you still love this?

Ghefira - Jun 5

10 by Kaitaka12 »»
Jun 6, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2014

156 by cableguyjay »»
Jun 2, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

398 by cableguyjay »»
May 26, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

252 by cableguyjay »»
May 18, 9:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.