Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2013 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, I kinda like this Haruno Yukinoshita girl with her tomboyish personality.

I like the sensei more though. Such a boss:

Ebina is really funny though, all that energy XD

KinetaJun 26, 2013 10:41 AM
Apr 25, 2013 9:56 AM
Dec 2012
LOL She has such a critical attitude.

That guy reminds me of Kiba from Highschool DxD.

Interesting episdoe overall.
Apr 25, 2013 2:49 PM

Nov 2007
His sister is too cheerful comparing to him. Oh, the accident from saving the dog was the result of right now. He's not as popular as he says for the message.

Chainmail incident? And somehow the group job learning is related? lol @ that guy who was next to the proud girl always charismatic. lol @ the megane girl!! So the charismatic guy is the reason...

And that pinkish/purplish girl...

The preview is ...???
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 25, 2013 3:25 PM
Oct 2009
Ok, for some reason I loled when Hachiman was responding to Hayato in his thoughts "There's no one in this club named Hikitani"
Apr 25, 2013 11:31 PM
Aug 2012
Anyone noticed the increasing number of stickers on the club's empty sign? That must be Yui...
Apr 26, 2013 12:02 AM

Jul 2012
I'm really enjoying this show, much more than I thought I would. I burst out laughing when that one girl went all crazy fujoshi mode omg. Hikki and Totsuka are so qt, mostly Totsuka tbh. Hikki saved Yui's cat?

Mysterious girl at the end. Hmmmmm.
Apr 26, 2013 12:05 AM

Sep 2012
And that was the last time Yui took her dog out for a walk
Apr 26, 2013 12:12 AM

Apr 2013
tsubasalover said:
His sister is too cheerful comparing to him. Oh, the accident from saving the dog was the result of right now. He's not as popular as he says for the message.

Chainmail incident? And somehow the group job learning is related? lol @ that guy who was next to the proud girl always charismatic. lol @ the megane girl!! So the charismatic guy is the reason...

And that pinkish/purplish girl...

The preview is ...???

My sister is too cheerful compared to me,so what?
And the chainmail incident was clearly the work of those 3.All 3 of them were envying him for the success he has with girls,for his popularity.That or....that silver-haired girl was the one.Also I have a feeling that the silver-haired girl is the dogs owner.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 26, 2013 12:20 AM

Aug 2010
Not a bad ep. Seems that Hayato really is a nice guy and he wasn't just the hypocrite type. I agree with eminagnem that he reminds me of Kiba.

Also we got to know about the accident. Felt pretty anticlimatic if u ask me. But I think it excludes the Yui is his childhood friend thing since it seems that the accident was where she fell for him.

Hikki's imouto is cute but Saika is just too cute. Plz be a girl!!!!!
I lol'd at how he confessed by reflex after hearing his voice XD

I wonder which group Yui will go with?
Apr 26, 2013 12:21 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. I so agree with Hachiman. Communication isn't just verbal. Gestures and proxemics are included as well.

The case was quite easy this time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2013 12:22 AM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. I so agree with Hachiman. Communication isn't just verbal. Gestures and proxemics are included as well.

The case was quite easy this time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2013 12:47 AM

Aug 2011
The episode was interesting as always.

Hachiman's sister is pretty likeable. Like how they don't seem to be going for anything incest (other than teasing maybe). This time is was about Hayato's gang. Again, Hayato seems like a cool guy so far. Thought that he was the culprit for a moment when he sort of panicked when Yukino said that she was going to look for him. On that note, Yukino turning the descriptions Hayato gave into her own interpretations was hilarious.
Oh yeah and crap, Totsuka is actually really cute.

BloodyNightsky said:
And the chainmail incident was clearly the work of those 3.All 3 of them were envying him for the success he has with girls,for his popularity.That or....that silver-haired girl was the one.Also I have a feeling that the silver-haired girl is the dogs owner.
I'm pretty sure the chain mail incident has nothing to do with that- they were attacking each other (or that's what I'm assuming anyway, since the case seems to be closed) because the field day would only allow 3 people thus making it impossible for the 4 of them to be together. Of course none of them would want to be the 'one left over'.
I think they made it clear that the dog was owned by Yui. The one who had the dog in the flashback even had orange hair (I know, not that concrete but there have been other hints as well). Silver haired girl seems like the start of the next arc.
RaisinMuffinsApr 26, 2013 1:08 AM
Apr 26, 2013 1:00 AM
Sep 2012
That teacher is such a badass. I'd be scared out of my mind if I had to deal with her.

Hachiman's little sister was interesting to watch. She's really forgetful, doesn't mind stripping in front of her brother and really likes him. I'm not sure if she's yet another brocon, but we'll have to wait and see.

Yui and Yukino always a laugh when they're on scene. I loved how Yui was asking everyone where Hachiman was, but no one knew who he was. Also, Yui trying to get info from those girls only to have things backfire on her was great! Yukino interpreting Hayato's nice descriptions of his friends into shit was hilarious too. I so love her, haha!
Apr 26, 2013 1:18 AM
Aug 2012
Barion-Zara said:
I wonder which group Yui will go with?

Her name is on G group with Miura and Ebina.
Apr 26, 2013 1:28 AM

Apr 2013
chanotek said:
The episode was interesting as always.

Hachiman's sister is pretty likeable. Like how they don't seem to be going for anything incest (other than teasing maybe). This time is was about Hayato's gang. Again, Hayato seems like a cool guy so far. Thought that he was the culprit for a moment when he sort of panicked when Yukino said that she was going to look for him. On that note, Yukino turning the descriptions Hayato gave into her own interpretations was hilarious.
Oh yeah and crap, Totsuka is actually really cute.

BloodyNightsky said:
I'm pretty sure the chain mail incident has nothing to do with that- they were attacking each other (or that's what I'm assuming anyway, since the case seems to be closed) because the field day would only allow 3 people thus making it impossible for the 4 of them to be together. Of course none of them would want to be the 'one left over'.
I think they made it clear that the dog was owned by Yui. The one who had the dog in the flashback even had orange hair (I know, not that concrete but there have been other hints as well). Silver haired girl seems like the start of the next arc.

Hikki's sister said something about some people visiting to thank him at the hospital and left him sweets that she ate.It is very possible that I missinterpretate that but wouldnt be that a downer,even for someone like Hikki,to know that the persons dog you saved was the girl next to you that is hiding it?
Yui takes things too lightly if thats the case,or is she THAT afraid to tell him that was her fault her dog got off-leash and what was next was a chain started by her mistake?
I mean it makes sense why he acts the way he does now but still.......It explans why she likes him too,in fact it explains everything why she's around him......but something is not right.
Sometimes I wonder why do I watch the anime serie before it ends......I hate being hanged by a thread when it comes to animes.......why,oh,why stupid brain?why do you do this to me?
FluffyFleshApr 26, 2013 1:37 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 26, 2013 1:30 AM

Sep 2012
Didn't know Hikki had such a cute sister :3 it seems like the flashback at the beginning means something. and man Saika is so moe!!! stop making me question my sexuality ><
Apr 26, 2013 1:42 AM

Jan 2013
I dont know what was up with that whole chainmail texting plot. It didn't even matter, but so much of the episode focused on figuring out who sent them.

Other than that, I liked this episode.
Apr 26, 2013 1:56 AM

Jun 2012
Glad Hikky's self loathing backed off a little this week, there's only so much cynicism I can take per episode. SNAFU returned to the skillful balance that made me appreciate the show during the premiere

Learning a little bit more about the cast as people was what I got out of this episode. There wasn't any real "progression" in the relationships per se between any of the main group but that wasn't what this episode was for. It was learning the little things such as Hikky's imouto and more of the car accident(which is coincidentally implied to have happened with Yuigahama and Yukinon). Yui made Hikky who he is today. Episode 4 also solidified that Yui likes Hikky from her conversation with the blonde girl.

Hayato's enthusiasm plays off nicely with Hikky's cynicism so I'm looking forward to seeing more of them together in the future. The ever deceiving trap Totsuka striked back almost making Hikky do something he would've regretted(or not regretted depending on the point of view :P)
Apr 26, 2013 2:50 AM

Jan 2012
This episode seriously made my day xD

will be looking forward to Hikky's group xD ,,
well well, what do you have here,, A trap, Mr nice guy, and mr alone ,, hnngg xD

ohh i just noticed, the owner of the dog is yui xD
that silver-haired girl at the end ,,, hnnnnggggg

about that sister, maybe if i was him all i can say is
"my lil sister can`t be this cute." xD

ToirApr 26, 2013 2:55 AM
Apr 26, 2013 3:05 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode as always. Who would have thought that Hachiman has a really cute sister? :D So Hachiman crashed into the car on his first day of high school to save Yui's dog. And it seems like Yui is interested in him. I'm sure that incident will be brought up later. The teacher is such a badass, she even smokes indoors. Here I thought Hayato's kind and friendly was just a facade but he seems like a genuine nice guy.

I laughed so hard at Saika being all moe and Hachiman blushing and then Hayato comes along and Hachiman's like 'what do you want?' I can never get sick of Hachiman's sarcastic thoughts. He looks down upon people so much but then in reality he's actually really shy and doesn't really say what's really on his mind haha. Yukino was really funny when she was writing down her own thoughts about Hayato's friends. Seems like a new girl is gonna appear next episode. Also LOL @ the nyaa's at the end
Apr 26, 2013 3:20 AM

Dec 2012
The first three episodes of this show were little more than amusing in my opinion, but this episode had so many golden moments. I lost it so hard when Hachiman was talking to Saika and when the seemingly quiet and shy girl pulled a total Rika. I half-expected her to yell, "Excalibur!"

Hopefully the show can keep up the humor standard this episode brought =]
Apr 26, 2013 3:23 AM
Mar 2013
my masculinity is being questioned what with all the moe Totsuka Scenes, i might end up gay at the end of this series XD. good episode tho and the new Silver haired girl looks interesting can't wait to see her introduced.
Apr 26, 2013 3:40 AM

Jan 2012
still can`t get over this scene xD
Apr 26, 2013 3:45 AM

Sep 2012
^lmao he even cured the eye patch girl
Apr 26, 2013 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
The more I watch it, the more I love this show. Hachiman reminds me a lot of my school days, when I've pretty much been the same.

Can't wait for more.
Apr 26, 2013 4:24 AM

May 2010
This is it....I have met my favorite girll....EBINA HINAA..

I am glad Hachiman found friends:)
TragicRomanceApr 26, 2013 4:30 AM
Apr 26, 2013 4:27 AM

Sep 2011
Special Move -"The Zone" is too OP. I can't imagine what would happen, if he used that move on MAL users.
Apr 26, 2013 4:31 AM

May 2010
iTsukiko said:

I didn't noticed it as closely..btw is the eyepatch girl a reference to misaki from another?:P
Apr 26, 2013 4:46 AM

Apr 2013
Nope,her eyepatch was on the left eye,that girl has it on the right eye.Maybe its another anime reference or just a coincidence,who knows...
And if I recall right there is an anime character with an eye patch just like that one and on the right eye....I cant remember her name.
FluffyFleshApr 26, 2013 4:51 AM
Apr 26, 2013 5:21 AM

Apr 2013
5/5 still doing great . I knew that the glasses girl was a fujoshi ._. .
Apr 26, 2013 5:22 AM

Jan 2012
egnaro315 said:
^lmao he even cured the eye patch girl

BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE LIGHT

ahmed_great2005 said:
iTsukiko said:

I didn't noticed it as closely..btw is the eyepatch girl a reference to misaki from another?:P

BloodyNightsky said:
Nope,her eyepatch was on the left eye,that girl has it on the right eye.Maybe its another anime reference or just a coincidence,who knows...
And if I recall right there is an anime character with an eye patch just like that one and on the right eye....I cant remember her name.

can`t we just be happy the the girl is cured now? XD
Apr 26, 2013 5:34 AM

Jan 2013
Ascius said:
The more I watch it, the more I love this show. Hachiman reminds me a lot of my school days, when I've pretty much been the same.

Can't wait for more.

I still need to watch it.

I'll say overall I like the show, but there are several Meh Momments, it reminds me of the monogatari it had several "meh" Momments but given the good ones and the general story made up for it, I'm hoping this will do the same in the end.

I like how the story with Yui was uncoverd. I was thinking if this goes Romance he would wen up with end up with the Dear Group leader, but it seems Yui has gotten the most "points" so to speak. Also it would be funny if the popular guy join the club. Doubt he will though, but I think he will play a huge rol on Hachiman.

Also I like many others wonder what the story is with the girl in the hall.
Apr 26, 2013 5:42 AM

Nov 2012
Best episode so far, 5/5
Anyone noticed that the girl with the dog is Yui. It all makes sense now, Hiki save Yui's dog, that makes her has a crush on him
Apr 26, 2013 7:16 AM

Sep 2011
iTsukiko said:
Apr 26, 2013 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode! Loved the way Yukino twisted the description of Hayato's friends!
Apr 26, 2013 7:28 AM

Oct 2010
Damn.. this ep felt like 10min.. gib me more pls
Apr 26, 2013 7:45 AM
Feb 2013
iTsukiko said:

loooool, I was just gonna post something about "The Zone". Anyway, Saika... I'm not sure if i'm still a guy.
Apr 26, 2013 7:48 AM

Apr 2010
This was the best episode so far it was definitely a improvement compared to the previous episodes.
Hikki's seems to have a very good relationship with his sister it's not often that sibling relationship is portrayed this realistic in anime.
Which is something i didn't expected from this anime at all.
The chain mail thing was a bit obvious tho but one thing wasn't solved and that is who exactly send those mails they only confirmed that the perpetrator was one of those three.

The ending the girl seemed to be related to Hikki in some way i wonder what her relationship is exactly.
Apr 26, 2013 7:54 AM

Mar 2011
Ooh! A Scryed reference!

Oh man, I love this show! What it's doing is operating under the guise of a standard harem com rom based off a light novel with a ridiculously long title, with the Chunnibyou guy, the trap and the harem etc. but then it doesn't really go into the crappy harem romance stuff at all, and I love the show for it. THANK YOU.
Apr 26, 2013 8:03 AM

Apr 2013
InfiniteRufus said:
Ooh! A Scryed reference!

Oh man, I love this show! What it's doing is operating under the guise of a standard harem com rom based off a light novel with a ridiculously long title, with the Chunnibyou guy, the trap and the harem etc. but then it doesn't really go into the crappy harem romance stuff at all, and I love the show for it. THANK YOU.

I feel it is cynical about the generic romcom light novels it is really refreshing plus the MC is just original compared to the rest.
Apr 26, 2013 8:44 AM

May 2012
Teehee!

Genjitsu tte kowai yone.

Za Zoon.

O-okay. *palmslap*

Saki wanted to team up with Hayato.

Nya~
ShirubaasouruApr 26, 2013 8:47 AM
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 26, 2013 8:57 AM

Mar 2012
Very cute episode with Hachiman gaining a friend or two in the process. We also find out that he's saved Yui's dog in the past (although he doesn't know it was Yui's), which might start to explain why Yui's so attached to him. But I can't really figure out Saika as a character...
Apr 26, 2013 9:00 AM

Sep 2012
Yui <3
Apr 26, 2013 9:23 AM
May 2011
could maybe the reason hachiman forgot about yui is the dog owner he saved is because back then Yui's hair was "different"...
AshtonClaudeApr 26, 2013 9:39 AM
Apr 26, 2013 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Unfortunately I can not give more than that as a vote, being unchanged the peculiar characteristics of the soul, a jumble of stereotypical characters when you save the protagonist in his model of thinking and acting, and the plot, although I welcome the narration, The Professor is original! Drawings horrible!
Apr 26, 2013 10:17 AM

Apr 2011
AshtonClaude said:
could maybe the reason hachiman forgot about yui is the dog owner he saved is because back then Yui's hair was "different"...

Not just hair, she didn't use heavy make up as she does now (though recently she toned it down again a bit) and standart (not fashionably modified) uniform. She were inconspicuous humble girl (And Hachiman had broken legs so it's not like he realy paid attention to her)
Apr 26, 2013 10:19 AM

Apr 2012
God Class TRAP Saika strikes again! Getting and instant confession from Hachiman.
I pretty much looled at all the "Fvck" Hachiman keeps spewing.
He was rather awesome in this episode. Hayato is what i expected him to be aswell.
LOL at the fujoushi girl ! xD Going full steam on innocent Yui.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Apr 26, 2013 10:20 AM

Aug 2012
<3 this episode, this consistent level of win deserves a better score on MAL :)
Apr 26, 2013 10:23 AM

Feb 2012
What is it with that hair antenna? Araragi and his sisters had it too. Must be a dominant genetic trait.
Apr 26, 2013 10:37 AM

Apr 2011
DStev said:
<3 this episode, this consistent level of win deserves a better score on MAL :)

How exactly can I rank it myself pls? (Failed find way)
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

424 by NiftyGretel »»
Jun 6, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

562 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2013

437 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

285 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

336 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 2:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.