Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
This ended up being rather interesting and turned more serious for Mash. At this stage of the exam, the stake are raised and it involved a competition of crystal breaking.

Mash himself faced a hell of a challenge but kept his straight face as usual. He fought a tough battle against Carpaccio but well worth watching for the intensity, both on a mental and physical level imo. Carpaccio took a bloody beating damn.
Feb 3, 6:58 AM

Dec 2021
Man, Carpaccio is a real weirdo, talking to a wall like that.

Mash and the others, who safely cleared the first qualifying round, face the team battle Crystal of Life, where the 9 qualifiers are divided into three groups. The rules are simple: a team-based crystal-breaking competition. However, among Mash, Dot, and Finn, who ended up on the same team, two accidentally break the crystals distributed before the game begins. With only one crystal remaining, the three are scattered separately at the start. Then, Finn encounters Carpaccio Luo-Yang from the Orca dorm.

I really hope Finn gets some proper development soon. He's such a good guy, and it'd be a bummer if he ends up staying kinda weak and fading into the background as the others get stronger. Seriously, Finn is the best – no doubt about it! Even when people were talking trash about him, he didn't let it bother him. His first instinct was to protect the crystal for Mash.

Isn't it cool how Mash always drops these awesome lines at just the right time, with that deadpan and quiet look of his? It works so well because those moments catch you off guard. A lot of MCs sympathize with their opponents, but Mash takes it a step further by actually helping the dude out. Our boy Mash went out of his way to make sure the guy felt some pain.

It's not just Carpaccio who's outmatched – everyone seems to be up against the unstoppable team of Mash and Finn.

Feb 3, 6:58 AM

May 2020
Seriously forgot some character with this name and appearance even existed in this series until they brought him, that Carpaccio guy last episode. So that says something about his relevance except for the fact that he’s your typical standard bad guy of this series, who for whatever reason thinks he’s strong enough, and does make Finn his target… again like usual lol, until of course Mash arrived and punched the living life out of him, or more like smacked his head open in a nearby wall.

Good to Finn and the everstrong power of friendship, I mean that might have injured him to the point where he was just a millimetre away from losing his head, but yeah, at least people would see him a new light after that… probably, anyways, for that freak, his magic might be quite strange, which could be like the worst match-up for someone like Mash who relies heavily on his punches and such, but hey, Mash being Mash, as if that’d have mattered for more than a couple of minutes.

I mean, tennis is a sport not only for playing, but it could even help in dealing with miseries lmaooo. Loved the tennis segment. I mean it’s so Mash like to conclude things in such a way.
Feb 3, 7:00 AM
Jun 2023
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣤⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣶⡇⠀⣾⡇⠀⠛⠃⠀⠀⣾⠛⠛⠀⠀⡇⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⢷⣦⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣿⠻⣼⣿⠇⠀⢸⡇⠀⢸⡇⠀⢀⡀⠀⡏⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠟⠀⠹⠿⠁⠀⠘⠃⠀⠀⠙⠛⠋⠀⠀⠛⠛⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠓⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣤⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣶⣦⣄⣠⡤⠒⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣤⣤⣤⣴⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣯⣿⣿⣿⣭⣭⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠻⠆⠀⠀
⠀⠰⠿⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠑⠊⠙⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠿⠛⠃⠙⠛⣛⣿⣿⣿⣄⡸⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡧⣴⡾⠿⠿⠿⣭⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⠽⠛⠻⠟⠿⣿⣻⠶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⡇⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⡿⠋⠉⠉⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀
⠀⠀⢀⡤⣤⡔⢻⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣷⢾⣍⠙⠆⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀
⠀⢠⠃⢠⡟⠁⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⡧⠴⠋⠀⣠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀
⣦⡇⠀⣿⠁⣸⣻⣿⣿⣿⠿⣧⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣀⣠⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀
⡇⢻⠀⠻⠀⠉⠀⠉⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣦⣤⣀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄
⡇⠀⠁⠀⢰⣾⣿⣧⣤⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⡄⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇
⢣⠀⠀⣄⡈⠛⠿⠁⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇
⠀⢁⠀⠈⡷⠀⠀⢀⣔⣹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⠿⠛⠉⠀⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃
⠀⠀⢃⠀⠀⠀⢠⠎⠁⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⢿⣿⣿⠟⠁⠀⣀⣤⠴⠛⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀
⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠸⣀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠋⣀⣾⣋⣤⡤⠖⠛⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⡇⠀
⠀⠀⠈⡅⠀⠀⠀⢹⠀⠀⢠⡼⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⢸⣿⡿⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢱⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣠⣿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⡉⠉⠉⠉⠀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⠀⠀⠈⣹⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢳⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣄⠀⠀⢰⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Feb 3, 9:30 AM
May 2021
Ep was great!! Seeing Mash dominating was sick!!
Feb 3, 9:53 AM

Feb 2021
6:55 The coolest Finn has ever looked

Daaamn this episode was frickin beautiful. The animation jumped up a level both in the Finn scenes (starting at 10:15, I love it when non-action scenes get good animation too) and in the fight itself. Would be cool if he appeared later as Mash's ally.

EDIT: SHIT, THAT'S ACTUALLY MASH AT 6:55
EmbientFeb 3, 11:16 AM
Feb 3, 10:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
First phase is find your teammates after spawing in huh. The student that barely made the cutoff huh nice line to tell your kids if you survive. Despite Finn's lackluster magic gotta respect his tenacity. Capaccio's magic though was pretty unique but man damm scary. And it makes facing him a literal test of endurance. Thankfully one thats perfect for Mash. That has to be the most lethal of tennis matches ever though where one slip would give you grivious injuries. Guess Capaccio finally gets his wish of feeling pain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 10:24 AM

Mar 2013
Finn finally used his personal magic and it was rather a fascinating one. His character just keeps getting better.

And thank goodness, an episode where Mash gets to be OP. It makes me like this series even more. Btw, I was really hoping for Mash to just smash the weird-looking angel-like guardian earlier... but I guess the 🏸 is cooler.

P.S. I hate violence but that smack on the head was satisfying... 😖
CrazyButNot4UFeb 3, 10:29 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 3, 10:29 AM

Mar 2010
Finn sure is unlucky. He really shouldn’t have gotten into this exam. He barely has any magic. Luckily malshe found them in time.
Feb 3, 10:52 AM
Dec 2013
Stainless Steel THEME MOMENT!!

God I love that ost so much, perfect for this fight.

Feb 3, 10:55 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode, Finn stood his ground, Mash beat up the bad guy exactly as expected. I feared they would drag this out until the next EP but no cliffhanger, nice!

Was this show always so brutal?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 3, 10:58 AM
Jan 2009
It's a shame Mashe isn't smarter. I mean, he still won, but the obvious winning strategy is to use his increased speed and strength to just take his opponent's wand out of their hand, rather than trying to overcome their magic by fighting it directly. It wouldn't even be like taking candy from a baby...it would be like Superman taking candy from a baby.

I get it, it would be really boring to watch, but it's also the obvious answer.
Feb 3, 11:13 AM

Dec 2022
this is the best fight so far like i cant stop grinning for some reason mash stood so many attacks just to defeat that guy
Feb 3, 11:16 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Embient
6:55 The coolest Finn has ever looked

Daaamn this episode was frickin beautiful. The animation jumped up a level both in the Finn scenes (starting at 10:15, I love it when non-action scenes get good animation too) and in the fight itself. Would be cool if he appeared later as Mash's ally.

EDIT: SHIT, THAT'S ACTUALLY MASH AT 6:55
@Embient thats Mash, but I was also confused when I watched it and I thought it was a typical gag where the opponent suddenly starts running away.
Feb 3, 11:19 AM

Jun 2023
Another great episode.. Mash, my man you friggin awesome.. i really love their friendship.. Carpaccio is also cool!!
Feb 3, 11:37 AM

Jul 2022
this one is just special. what a lovely episode. I am really looking forward to each episode. so heart-warming.
I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party, and I attended with my real face. - franz kafka

Feb 3, 11:41 AM
Mar 2015
Amazing episode, ending is satisfying, enough exposition at the start, and a good amount of humor and action in the middle
Feb 3, 12:15 PM

Mar 2007
There may be smarter anime, prettier anime, better choreographed anime or those with superior OST / story, but none of the anime this season are as SATISFYING to watch, as Mashle, when Mash goes to town on an opponent and wins.

Aaaaaahhhhh! You go Mash, show him what pain is, and how courageous Finn is.
Feb 3, 12:27 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Now that feels good, lmao. Mash came up with the most unorthodox method and taught some reality to the spoiled kid. Yikes, this is going to go down as one of the best in this department for sure!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 3, 12:27 PM

Aug 2022
very good episode
Feb 3, 12:30 PM

Nov 2017
Fin almost had his moment and then Mash saved the day lol! I want Fin to shine once too 😤😂
Feb 3, 12:32 PM

Jun 2012
Very satisfying when Mash smashes Carpaccio's head against the wall with three replay scenes from various angles.

Feb 3, 12:33 PM

Mar 2020
This is what I've been waiting for! Since Episode 1 of Season 1, there hasn't been enough goofiness in Mash's fighting styles, the over the top battles were what I enjoyed at the beginning, but there was a lack of that since then. That tennis scene was a return to form for this series, and probably my favourite episode since the first episode of the series. Keep this up, and it'll be quite the improvement to Season 1.
Feb 3, 12:34 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to amf85
It's a shame Mashe isn't smarter. I mean, he still won, but the obvious winning strategy is to use his increased speed and strength to just take his opponent's wand out of their hand, rather than trying to overcome their magic by fighting it directly. It wouldn't even be like taking candy from a baby...it would be like Superman taking candy from a baby.

I get it, it would be really boring to watch, but it's also the obvious answer.
@amf85, It won't work. Magic wands don't lose their properties even when they are broken.
Feb 3, 12:35 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
WTF? HE BEAT THAT GUY TO A PULP BY SHAPING HIS WAND TO A TENNIS RACKET?

Dude, I seriously can't stop thinking about how utterly bizarre that resolution was. After Finn lasting through almost lethal damage and Mash dealing a barrage of consecutive punches he then proceeds to do that while avoiding the syringes from above. Amazing, truly surprising not because he won the fight but how he did it. Now we've seen some of Finn's magic and Dot is somewhere in the labirynth. We'll see what's up next.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 3, 12:44 PM

May 2019
What Finn lacks in magic ability he makes up with tenacity and courage, and Mash recognized that hence him saying 'thank you' to Finn a couple times. Even Carpaccio recognized that after feeling physical pain for the first time.
Feb 3, 12:56 PM
Oct 2016
Finn standing his ground against a much stronger opponent. I love seeing normally cowardly characters prove themselves. Finn being the last member of his team to still have their crystal so he had to keep it intact no matter what. Carpaccio running into Finn was some terrible luck. Someone that powerful right in front of Finn shaking him to his core. Carpaccio magic to make his opponent take any damage dealt to him is very powerful. Being one of the people with a special wand it lends special powers to him, that goddess stairs imbue Carpaccio to never feel pain in his life. Not understanding the pain of others would make dealing it out much easier since you wouldn't personally know that pain. Mash arrives at the right moment to dish out his own brand of pain on Carpaccio. Consecutive attacks breaking through the goddess statue was awesome to see. Mash proving that enough effort an overcome even the most powerful obstacles. He showed Carpaccio pain that he's never felt before.
Feb 3, 1:06 PM

Nov 2017
I didn't expect Mash to play tennis! 😂
Feb 3, 1:08 PM
Apr 2022
1/10 Mash didn't destroy that wand
Feb 3, 1:15 PM
Jan 2017
Very good episode. I enjoyed the fight a lot.
Feb 3, 1:17 PM
Jul 2017
13 master cane wands opening was SO STUPID. the writer for this show is terrible and it couldn't be saved by the animators. learn how to write a story

the entire fight was awful, climax was awful, mashle withstood damage that didnt make sense, and he became a good guy at the end?? also what happened to his crystal?

Feb 3, 1:27 PM

Jun 2023
Oh yeah, good fight.
Feb 3, 1:29 PM

Aug 2019
I like how Mash always finds the most entertaining ways to defeat his enemies lol
Feb 3, 1:35 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to DarmagOxattee
@amf85, It won't work. Magic wands don't lose their properties even when they are broken.
@DarmagOxattee

When did I say anything about breaking them? Please re-read my post.
Feb 3, 1:47 PM
Oct 2020
the tennis segment was the best part of the episode
Feb 3, 1:50 PM

Feb 2015
I love how silly this show is, that was easily the best episode of this season so far
Feb 3, 1:53 PM

May 2023
Awsm episode.. tbh I wanted Carpaccio to taste a bit more of the "pain" he has been longing for..
Feb 3, 2:06 PM

Sep 2016
Mash said: I ⭐ P L A Y ⭐ T E N N I S ⭐
Feb 3, 2:10 PM

Mar 2017
Similar voice actors vocal tones, different powers!
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Feb 3, 2:26 PM

May 2015
Mash doing tennis was the only fun thing of the epiisode.
Feb 3, 2:28 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to amf85
@DarmagOxattee

When did I say anything about breaking them? Please re-read my post.
@amf85, Knocking the wand out of his hands will have no effect whatsoever.
Feb 3, 2:40 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to DarmagOxattee
@amf85, Knocking the wand out of his hands will have no effect whatsoever.
@DarmagOxattee

So you say. Based on what? Every scene I can remember in this show where they're casting, they're holding their wand. They even go through the effort of drawing it, even if already in combat, before casting, indicating that not only must they have it, they must be holding it, not simply carrying it. If there is no requirement to have it on them, why carry it at all? Why not leave it at home, since you claim it can't be stolen or broken? If there is no requirement to hold it, why do they all constantly waste the effort of doing so, rather than simply keeping in their pockets/robes and keeping their hands free?
amf85Feb 3, 2:47 PM
Feb 3, 3:02 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to amf85
@DarmagOxattee

So you say. Based on what? Every scene I can remember in this show where they're casting, they're holding their wand. They even go through the effort of drawing it, even if already in combat, before casting, indicating that not only must they have it, they must be holding it, not simply carrying it. If there is no requirement to have it on them, why carry it at all? Why not leave it at home, since you claim it can't be stolen or broken? If there is no requirement to hold it, why do they all constantly waste the effort of doing so, rather than simply keeping in their pockets/robes and keeping their hands free?
@amf85, Are you serious? Have you even seen this episode? Thirteen ancient wands have passive properties that the wielders cannot control (they can also grant the wielders the power to use active abilities, but Carpaccio doesn't have that type of wand). Also, future episodes will repeatedly show wizards conjuring with broken wands. It will also be shown how Rayne Ames will instantly repair his wand that has been cut in half. In the same episode, Carpaccio used his personal magic even when he didn't have a wand in his hands. And in the previous season, Abel Walker did magic without a wand in hand. His magical threads were attached directly to the fingers of his hand.
DarmagOxatteeFeb 3, 3:08 PM
Feb 3, 3:16 PM

Mar 2022
That was a surprisingly tense and insane episode.
Feb 3, 3:49 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to DarmagOxattee
@amf85, Are you serious? Have you even seen this episode? Thirteen ancient wands have passive properties that the wielders cannot control (they can also grant the wielders the power to use active abilities, but Carpaccio doesn't have that type of wand). Also, future episodes will repeatedly show wizards conjuring with broken wands. It will also be shown how Rayne Ames will instantly repair his wand that has been cut in half. In the same episode, Carpaccio used his personal magic even when he didn't have a wand in his hands. And in the previous season, Abel Walker did magic without a wand in hand. His magical threads were attached directly to the fingers of his hand.
@DarmagOxattee

Indeed I have. I saw this episode where Carpaccio is holding his wand in his hand while fighting. This episode where Finn draws his wand before casting his personal magic. Where Finn is also seen firing magic out of the wand.

You mention Rayne, but you need only go back to the fight between Rayne and Margarette to see both of them drawing and using their wands in their duel, with Margerette firing his musical spells out of his and Rayne waving his wand to both conjure and control his swords.

You mention Abel casting without a wand, but he actually DOES have a wand, it's being held by the puppet he carries throughout the entire fight.

You've yet to explain why, if wands aren't necessary and if not having them makes no difference, the mages bother to carry or use them at all. What, style points?

Even if certain personal magics have built in passives, I specifically spoke about CASTING, not passives, and about holding, not breaking. You keep trying to change the subject to support this claim that losing their wand would, and I quote "have no effect whatsoever," which is fairly ridiculous, given what we've seen.
Feb 3, 3:54 PM

Jul 2022
A great episode. Finn (MVP) shows us that despite not being as strong, he is truly brave and a great friend for not giving up even when tortured by a 'Master Cane.'

The showdown between Carpaccio and Mash was fantastic, and the way Mash used a tennis racket to defeat him was quite amusing. Carpaccio learned a valuable lesson and experienced the pain he had been seeking.
Feb 3, 4:07 PM
Jul 2019
Omg it was probably the best episode of the season.
Feb 3, 4:13 PM
Mar 2021
nice music nice pesan pesan semua nice
Feb 3, 4:15 PM

Jan 2015
What I learned this episode - Mash can not only stand against the strength of his attacks but not even be hurt (in reality should've died). And he can make a tennis racket out of his wand......

Other than that, great episode, finally hype.
Feb 3, 4:24 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to Hirugiku
What I learned this episode - Mash can not only stand against the strength of his attacks but not even be hurt (in reality should've died). And he can make a tennis racket out of his wand......

Other than that, great episode, finally hype.
@Hirugiku

I would argue that it's possible (probable?) that Mashe has the ability to hit hard enough to hurt himself, HOWEVER, it's unlikely he NEEDED to hit that hard to beat Carpaccio. I doubt Mashe was using his full strength. He wasn't trying to kill Carpaccio, after all...although that last racket to Carpaccio's head looked kind of life-changing, gotta be honest.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» New PV with Opening Song

Dbagas8 - Nov 11, 2023

6 by squidchianti »»
Today, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30

118 by traed »»
May 31, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

75 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 28, 1:18 PM

» New sequel confirmed

Dbagas8 - May 26

18 by sadaharu69 »»
May 28, 3:56 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

133 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 27, 3:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.