Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Mash's victory against Abel was very predictable but for the sake of plot, the threat in this show is far from over. 

This season finale was also very serious in terms of tone and background storytelling. Mash still had his hands full against that freak Rayne. Feels like he's really carrying a lot of the important fights this season. Overall, it was a fine anime, nothing too extraordinary but entertaining enough.

Part 2 coming January 2024.

May 2020
One weirdo goes down, another one follows him through. I mean atleast wait till the victory march sees its end lol. Anyways Abel was never the biggest bad guy himself, there was someone else whom he was working under since the start… the baddies of Innocent Zero. And just like that one of them appeared this time… the blonde Cell War.

Ignoring that not-so-manly fashion sense of Cell War, he made a mistake.. yes hurting Abyss was it, but not the only. As wasting Mash’s favourite cream puffs was the biggest, and that’s all it took Mash to go absolute bonkers. Though hey Cell War ain’t no pushover himself, had Mash succumbed to his limits and it might’ve been a close call, if… IF Abel didn’t come to help himself.

Abel got redeemed, as expected but that ain’t the big news, I mean Cell using the spell reflection mirror and whatever followed through was THE news…. PEOPLE HAVE FINALLY FIGURED THAT MASH CAN’T USING MAGIC LMAOOOO. Took them a while. Loved the reactions btw.

Call War just retreated after declaring that Innocent Zero are indeed searching for a certain someone and that is Mash. Though that’s a story for next time. I mean for starters Mash has some explaining to do to the crowd, but lol rest assured it’ll go alright.

Just as fun as I’d hoped. Loved this and A1 did great. Though the manga concluded this week after a three and a half years journey, that doesn’t mean this is it. Second part coming in winter 2024. 

Jul 2017
As Regro and the man who sent Mash to Easton wait for good news about their progress, at least their issue with Abel is done, case closed. But to think that there is one more enemy, it's the first appearance of Innocent Zero, through the blonde fanatic Cell War. But that Mash just could not read the room, and stuck cream puffs up to him when he was killing Abel, which Razor Abyss shielded the attack for Abel. That spurred Mash to take action against Cell War, though the former's power is clearly inferior to the latter while holding it out for as long as he could.

The always alone Abyss always thought of Abel as his only friend, which is where his loyalty stems to the latter. And with Mash taking the beatdown from Cell War, Abel takes action to do what is right, and create a distraction for him. His muscle power indeed is strong, but even with the Spellfection mirror, it's not even that effective at all since it doesn't require magic, which left everybody speechless with all of the timeless reactions lols. That, to Cell War, at least has all the intel he needs about Mash, and this first meetin will not be the last. The magicless Mash is both a novelty and a rarity, and other people finding out will be a doozy for him and his happy life with Regro.

A rather nice showing, though the manga is better. Season 2: the Divine Visionary Selection Exam Arc is indeed coming, next Winter.
KANLen09Jun 30, 2023 5:55 PM
Jun 30, 2023 8:40 AM

Oct 2017
Mash's secret reveal, wasn't expecting it to happen so soon. Their reaction was hilarious. Things got a bit interesting at the end, specially the post credit scene.

Average shounen anime. Comedy, action, characters all mostly followed very common tropes so they were okay. Had harry potter references but not a big fan of the franchise either so didn't like those much. Story/plot were okay, didn't find it that engaging. Overall not really that great of an experience but liked it enough to atleast finish it. Part 2 coming in winter 2024, probably gonna watch?
MegamiRemJul 1, 2023 7:54 AM
Jun 30, 2023 9:10 AM

Apr 2020
Trash anime that I can't hate.
That's how I feel about Mashle.
Mainly because it's an OPM x Harry Potter parody. 
The problem is most of the time the jokes aren't funny.
And Saitama is literally a funnier Mash. The rest of the cast is just forgettable.
5/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 30, 2023 9:41 AM

Nov 2016
As much as I wanted to praise the hell out of Mashle, it's definitely not the next big thing from Jump. For what it's worth still a fun shounen.

give us Sakamoto Days soon

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 30, 2023 9:47 AM
Apr 2021
Am I the only one who is not seeing this ep on crunchyroll.
Jun 30, 2023 10:03 AM
Dec 2022
i cant see the episode anywhere🤔🤔🤔
Jun 30, 2023 10:20 AM
May 2022
Stark700 said:
Mash's victory against Abel was very predictable but for the sake of plot, the threat in this show is far from over. 

This season finale was also very serious in terms of tone and background storytelling. Mash still had his hands full against that freak Rayne. Feels like he's really carrying a lot of the important fights this season. Overall, it was a fine anime, nothing too extraordinary but entertaining enough.

Part 2 coming January 2024.

where should I watch the episode?
Jun 30, 2023 10:21 AM
Jun 2023
Impressed by the new Saitama. Smart kid too.
Jun 30, 2023 10:32 AM
Sep 2021
Nice wrap up for the season, excited for season 2, that was a cliffhanger at last indeed, let's see how mash will face unknown and powerful enemies.
Jun 30, 2023 10:32 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Now that was an orginal way of starting the finale with. So even Abel was nothing more than a pawn to the real masters. Despite her untimely fate Abel's mother really believed in the best in humans. But that revelation of his really served to make his entry as an ally that much more impactful. Powerful as that mirror was against Mash it's nothing more but a flimsy barrier to his kicks. In the end im glad that the agent was stopped by Mash and Abel didn't suffer a tragic accident. Overall as a finale a pretty good one that featured a pretty tough fight against someone that was pretty tricky to deal with while intruducing new elements that would be used in the next season. Though unoriginal i would have loved to see Mash react to seeing Love stalk him. Innocent zero's base looked pretty cool though. Looking forward to seeing them get the focus next season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2023 10:49 AM
Sep 2015
The last episode is the best.
Jun 30, 2023 10:55 AM
May 2023
I thought the season was pretty good. Has a simple charm to it.
Jun 30, 2023 10:58 AM

Nov 2018
This final was really good and just adds to how great the series is at being a parody of the Shonen genre. I can't wait to see what season 2 brings to the table for the series and hopefully, the series will gain the bigger audience that it deserves. 
Jun 30, 2023 11:04 AM

Feb 2021
And I still don't know where Lance is...
Jun 30, 2023 11:08 AM
Mar 2010
Mildly entertaining garbage. 3/10
Jun 30, 2023 11:11 AM

Aug 2008
The most shameless middle of a series break I've ever seen. They didn't even bother to finish the scene with recovered students but wasted time at the start of the episode. I had to check if it was really the last episode. Anime industry really needs to fuck off with split seasons.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 30, 2023 11:13 AM
Aug 2018
In which manga chapter does it continue?
Jun 30, 2023 11:16 AM

Jul 2011
Cell War's rock licking is just horrible, a piece of the floor that was just shattered, must be coarse and gritty.

For better or worse, Razor passed out, I imagine he being sarcastically surprise when everyone realized that Mash cant use magic.
Jun 30, 2023 11:21 AM
Feb 2019
Why is Abel weak while has 3 marks?
Jun 30, 2023 11:36 AM

Jan 2013
cant wait for the next cour! Nice ending to the first cour.
Jun 30, 2023 11:38 AM

Nov 2021
That was an entertaining show, a lot of the comedy landed imo and it had good action. 8/10
Jun 30, 2023 11:38 AM

Sep 2022
i actually thought the second part would be releasing in the same year, but oh well atleast they informed us better than nothing.
Jun 30, 2023 11:45 AM
Oct 2020
I knew this anime was crap from the moment i saw the trailer.

It was just another battle shounen parody like Gintam wasn't enough. It sucked so much that i felt like a discount parody or a diet parody. 

Mash is just a blatant self insert person.
Jun 30, 2023 11:47 AM
Feb 2022
-Heroine, heroine, I am heroine.💃
-You are hero👉
-Oh Yeah👍

Nice Final Ep. Will watch season 2. I give it 8~8.5/10
sotlganihaiJun 30, 2023 11:51 AM
Jun 30, 2023 11:47 AM
Oct 2020
Mashle is the Worst Shounen I’ve Ever Seen - Its just another anime everyone is gonna forget once the season is over. Mashle is a good example of average beating flashy trainwreck. Although superficially it’s yet another battle shounen made to get viewers and newcomers and once it's completed people jump onto the next season and repeat it.
Another modern anime I don't see why people keep asking me to watch. Mashle is just a mix of Harry Potter and One Punch Man or a love child tbh. The story is just what you expect in this modern society: Bland, Shallow, and Repetitive, and doesn't do much besides making itself be a self-insert shounen like MHA. That aside, for a supposed masterpiece it bored me out of my mind. I was stopping every 10 minutes to go watch something retro instead because my eyes started to ask for anything from 15-20 years ago than modern anime that just doesn't make any more logic and sense. Feel Naruto with wizards.At the same time, it is not excelling at something either. The visuals are ok but far from great, the plot is there but it ain’t much, and the characters have personality but it’s fairly simple. What it manages to do in order to mitigate that is to not become stale you find out it's just gonna get boring too quick.
The protagonist is too perfect which makes him look way OP and no error is ever explored with his character or any interesting things. Like he a total Gary-Stue nobody with a bland self-insert personality that i can't even understand.
Did I find it hilarious? After the first episode, no I didn’t. Is it the best in what it’s doing? No it isn’t - Is it the best in the season it came out? No, i prefer Gintama atleast back in the past when it was cool. Am I looking forward to the second season? No, there is nothing left to explore. Most of the first season was spent on introducing and getting to know the characters. Unless they keep introducing more characters or flesh out the setting, which I doubt they will, there is nothing they can do to keep it fresh.
So there, well done, 2/10 but I am not interested for more. Now back to waiting for more YGO GO Rush to come out.
Final Verdict: 2/10
Jun 30, 2023 11:51 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Mashle may have forced Cell War to make a temporary retreat thanks to Abel, but he inadvertently exposed himself as a non magic user by shattering the Magic Mirror. Now its just a matter of  his friends keeping his secret from the higher ups although I think the headmaster already knows Mashle's secret.  Nobody seems to knows where Lance is yet, maybe we'll find out in season 2.

I really enjoyed Mashle as a Harry Potter meets One Punch Man parody series and its funny how Mashle comes up with ways to beat up mages with brute force. The anime's soundtrack stands out really well especially during epic moments.

Now we wait for Mashup Mashle to return in Winter 2024 to begin the Divine Visionary Selection Exam arc.

7/10
Jun 30, 2023 11:56 AM
Jul 2016
Why do the antagonists get more and more flamboyant than the last lmao? Abel × Abyss ftw tho. Very sweet and cute <3.
Jun 30, 2023 11:57 AM

Jul 2022
man just wants to eat cream puffs with everyone. I love Mash to bits. he is such a wholesome person and despite the silliness of the show there are so many little lovely moments.

The Innocent Zero is a convincing villain and I wonder what his bigger plan is.

sweaters, coffee and a bouquet of flowers
Jun 30, 2023 12:00 PM
Oct 2020
excalibur977436 said:
Mildly entertaining garbage. 3/10
You mean complete and utter garbage.
Jun 30, 2023 12:04 PM
Oct 2020
''Anime was a mistake - Miyazaki once again being right''
Jun 30, 2023 12:04 PM
Aug 2022
it’s done now and I’m sad 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Jun 30, 2023 12:07 PM

Dec 2013
I guess I'm glad for the people who enjoyed the show that this gets a second part but it was a complete swing and a miss for me, none of the jokes were funny, parody was meh, I don't like rap so I disliked most of the music, side characters are whatever: the red guy is annoying, black and yellow guy could stop existing and nobody would care nor anything would change but his brother is rather cool, Lemon is Lemon but I guess Lance is fine, he has a reason to support and fight alongside Mash and change the society because of her little sister and then we have Mash, he is dumb, not dense, just dumb,  best I can say is that I liked his uses of the coin to attack, that was cool. Mash seems to have great fighting instincts yet they feel so misused, it is cool to see him finally get serious but with that monotonous voice delivery it makes it really hard to get invested, if he isn't feeling any interest or whatever then why we as an audience should.
KanameYuukiJun 30, 2023 12:15 PM
Jun 30, 2023 12:14 PM

Dec 2022
this puts mash in a tough spot i wish they made the second season in October but January is better than sometime next year
because a lot of sequels come in October you can check
anyway its second season will come at the same time as the solo leveling anime i wonder how that will turn up
Jun 30, 2023 12:23 PM
Aug 2020
i really enjoyed this season.

once again, this mash make me laugh, the ost is reminding me samurai champloo...

can't wait to go read it.

ch 37...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 30, 2023 12:35 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This cell war guy gets slightly damaged by Mash, bounces, goes to see his daddy, tells him he has found the one or it or whatever, and daddy tells him to go retrieve it. Like bruh you were just there. Why didn't you just grab him right then and there, did you really see yourself at a disadvantage? "Just get it over with ffs" -is how I felt during quite a lot of the runtime.

When Mash finally does get around to taking out his opponent, it's glorious. But until then, I for one am unamused with a lot of battle talk and what not that won't matter in the end, and humour that doesn't really land 90% of the time. And comparing this to one punch man, because you can't help it, these side characters are weak. Not in a physically weak sense, (although compared to Mash, they all are), but they're just uninspiring imo. Opm had you WANTING to see more of its characters despite knowing that there's a dude in the universe that can one shot anybody. They were COOL. Here in Mashle though, well, in this episode they literally all stand around while Mash gets bombarded with... carbon, nuggets?

I was going to leave this with a high 6/10, maybe a low 7/10. But the more I think about it, the more I realize I don't really like it. I definitely didn't really look forward to this every Friday, the only thing making me come back would be the hope that we would get to see Mash take the baddie of the day out in style. Also he likes cream puffs! That's a fun little gimmick right? Yeah? Yeah....

4.7/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 30, 2023 12:37 PM

Oct 2011
cream puff sales skyrocketing now
Jun 30, 2023 12:47 PM
Apr 2023
it was good I gave it a 7/10 cause I knew what was going to happen cause it was kinda predictable but in my case it is a solid 7/10 I'm rooting for s2 to be better
Jun 30, 2023 12:50 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not even that entertaining to me, it's always pointless fights the whole way with some jokes from time to time, but well...
Jun 30, 2023 12:57 PM

Jun 2021
What!!! You are not, get married first. But before that get a room

It was really good. And that celebration they did after defeating Abel was perfect performance.

Worst part was the last, I mean even if you are saying that you will keep Mash's power Secret but always look at your surroundings first. Though it's not magic, I think muscles magic and biceps magic is pretty neat.
Yandere_@lover
Jun 30, 2023 1:01 PM

May 2020
well part 2 has been announced
and people have finally found out mash cant use magic
this was solid 7/10

Jun 30, 2023 1:01 PM
May 2021
Overall it was a fun season!! Light hearted laughter.
Jun 30, 2023 1:03 PM

Jun 2015
As good as end fight was, ive got to wait till 2024. I might not be alive in 2024. Still mash smashed it, so at least I can remember the good times.

ps any hololive fans join my a-chan club, link in my sig.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 30, 2023 1:23 PM
Feb 2021
HAAARD cant wait for s2
Jun 30, 2023 1:35 PM

Mar 2020
A disappointing, somewhat frustrating showing of a parody on the magic school tropes. Turned out to be generic, though I did chuckle a bit at some scenes. At least it served well as a cream puff advertisement.

4/10.
Jun 30, 2023 1:35 PM

Mar 2022
Wow. One of the worst. Shallow. repetitive and boring to death. Speaking of death, I saw dead people with more personality than characters in this show. At least it's funny, right? Nope. I think this is made for 10 year old children. Battle shonen? Are you kidding me? How this didn't get axed in WSJ I have no idea. 1/10
Jun 30, 2023 1:37 PM

Sep 2021
That "reveal" of Mash's lack of magic was so forced! How do they deduce him to be unable to use magic from shattering a mirror? That has nothing to do with his "Kicking Flight" or chopping rocks with 1000 punches per second. I wonder if that was to put some cliffhanger at the end of the first cour.
Otherwise the finale was not very diffrent from the last episodes. Insert repeated scene of Mash blocking rock slide for the fourth time.

Now for my final thoughts about this show:

Let's say you take the generic "Magic School" setting and decide to make a funny parody of it. But then you take it serious. What do you get? A generic magic school show. Aka Mashle.

The beginning of the show was actually pretty strong. Episode 1 had many good jokes and an interesting setup. Unfortunatly, it only went downhill. There were some slightly fun "school introduction" segments, but as the jokes of Mash's oblivousness and cream puffs were worn out, this show couldn't follow up. Because Mash is the only funny character in the show, yet by no means able to carry it all by himself. Lance was ok as long as he could play a comedy duo with Mash, every other main characterr (Lemon, Dot, Finn) and the antagonists were just boring and plain.

And don't even get me started on the serious plot around Magia Lupus. The fights were generic and repetative. The setting was stupid. The magic was boring. The "comedy" was neither funny nor used at the right times, but still terribly predictable and unoriginal. The villains were all the same stereotype. The protagonists were just their one dimensional "comedic" self and didnt provide anything.

So: Should Parody Comedy just stay away from serious plots? No. This very season's KamiKatsu shows how to bring together an investing, deep plot that works hand in hand with crazy comedy. Same for Hamefura and perhaps many more I have yet to watch. Mashle, however, kept switching between serious and funny, so much so that both felt out of place.

Overall the worst show I finished this season (two I dropped were worse), and suprisingly similar to my last season's worst (Reborn to Master the Blade) as a Comedy that had enough jokes for 3 episodes and provided nothing valuable afterwards. 3/10. I doubt I will even watch the second cour.

Jun 30, 2023 2:20 PM

Jun 2017
Bisalissy said:
That "reveal" of Mash's lack of magic was so forced! How do they deduce him to be unable to use magic from shattering a mirror? That has nothing to do with his "Kicking Flight" or chopping rocks with 1000 punches per second. I wonder if that was to put some cliffhanger at the end of the first cour.
Otherwise the finale was not very diffrent from the last episodes. Insert repeated scene of Mash blocking rock slide for the fourth time.

Now for my final thoughts about this show:

Let's say you take the generic "Magic School" setting and decide to make a funny parody of it. But then you take it serious. What do you get? A generic magic school show. Aka Mashle.

The beginning of the show was actually pretty strong. Episode 1 had many good jokes and an interesting setup. Unfortunatly, it only went downhill. There were some slightly fun "school introduction" segments, but as the jokes of Mash's oblivousness and cream puffs were worn out, this show couldn't follow up. Because Mash is the only funny character in the show, yet by no means able to carry it all by himself. Lance was ok as long as he could play a comedy duo with Mash, every other main characterr (Lemon, Dot, Finn) and the antagonists were just boring and plain.

And don't even get me started on the serious plot around Magia Lupus. The fights were generic and repetative. The setting was stupid. The magic was boring. The "comedy" was neither funny nor used at the right times, but still terribly predictable and unoriginal. The villains were all the same stereotype. The protagonists were just their one dimensional "comedic" self and didnt provide anything.

So: Should Parody Comedy just stay away from serious plots? No. This very season's KamiKatsu shows how to bring together an investing, deep plot that works hand in hand with crazy comedy. Same for Hamefura and perhaps many more I have yet to watch. Mashle, however, kept switching between serious and funny, so much so that both felt out of place.

Overall the worst show I finished this season (two I dropped were worse), and suprisingly similar to my last season's worst (Reborn to Master the Blade) as a Comedy that had enough jokes for 3 episodes and provided nothing valuable afterwards. 3/10. I doubt I will even watch the second cour.

They think because it didn't reflect anything but I don't get how the mirror is a surprise now, he already shattered one already near the beginning but nobody bat an eye at the time.
Jun 30, 2023 2:22 PM
Oct 2016
A great battle to end the first season. Mash having no magic has been revealed to everyone which isn't good but other than that things went well. Cell War made their debut facing off against Mash. A crazy battle as Cell War is very powerful even for Mash, whom was punching as much as he could to stop Abyss and Abel from being hurt anymore. A great moment when Mash got angry after seeing whay Cell War did to Abyss. You can really tell when Mash cards about someone he hurts anyone who disrespects them. Mash trying his best to hold back to attacks of Cell War, with those jagged black rocks shooting at him. I nearly lost it when Mash kicked right through that magic mirror that reflects magic. The perfect way to reveal he doesn't use any, since that thing repels it and Mash shattered the mirror in one hit. Cell War put up the best fight against Mash that we've seen since there wasn't much damage taken. They've got crazy strong offense and defense, and a scary master that serve too which we saw being reported back to. Mash secret revealed to everyone and an even bigger target on his back from the villains. Very excited for Season Two next year!
80/100
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2023

228 by DOLLMYU »»
Sep 17, 2:50 PM

» im not a big fan of parody's and gag human shows

mydaddy - Aug 31

15 by Tahmim97 »»
Sep 3, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

rasterman7 - May 12, 2023

131 by TrebleClef798 »»
Sep 2, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2023

160 by Robrob3821 »»
Jul 29, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2023

158 by Robrob3821 »»
Jul 29, 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.