Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 20, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
A school festival huh? How exciting. But at the same time, I kinda felt bad that Runa had some stomach health problems. 

Even though school festivals aren't that unique, I felt like Akane had an unique experience from her point of view, for this episode. I was not expecting the festival to have a baseball batter making their awkward appearance though.
May 20, 2023 9:00 AM
Aug 2022
Runa-chan Kawaiiii!!!
Yamada-kun is so Popular at school that girl's stare at Akane-san when he talked to her.
May 20, 2023 10:11 AM

Apr 2010
Akane becoming the centre of attention walking around with Yamada at the school which was funny to watch.
Eita creating a major misunderstanding here as well and Yamada's class mate realised there was more going on between Akande and Yamada.
Luna getting sick seemed like she was exaggerating things.
May 20, 2023 10:18 AM

Apr 2016
A predator circling around a high school festival for her next prey ... 

Now, you would not expect anything new from an episode like this, and you ain't getting anything new with this week's episode. Though, Runa is getting considerably a lot of screentime ... i feel like shes more of a main character than the bloke.
May 20, 2023 10:48 AM
Jan 2021
Yamada saying that it would be an honor to date Akane because he thinks he's no match for her was surprising. I love how honest Yamada is. Really cute episode!
May 20, 2023 10:55 AM

Feb 2015
i feel like they overused the effects in this episodes, i don't know how to call it, but I really wanted the animation to be more realistic instead of seeing shapes and backgrounds  all over the place
May 20, 2023 11:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Eita really loves to be the center of attention huh. Entrance exams are always stressful so Runa being like that is understandable. Still visiting her target during their culture fes is a nice change of pace. Funny that this school is actually Yamada's. Quite the list that Runa ended up giving. Poor Akane being shot by jealous arrows everywhere she walks with Yamada. Didn't think that the girls would be brave enough to ask him direct though. Still the festival sure proved to be quite a fitting backdrop for the large step that the two took this ep because its clearer to all where their feelings lie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2023 11:13 AM

Oct 2017
That was a pretty cute episode, Akane blushing was cute.
May 20, 2023 11:15 AM

Jan 2021
Its school festival time. Runa down bad with a stomachache, yikes. Akane waiting until Runa is done but then spots Yamada helping others, Yamada wanted to say hi to her but then the thing fell over but when Akane is about to enter the room to check on Runa, Yamada stops her. Akane is happy that he noticed her. The scene with the teacher was funny, not gonna lie.

Akane and Yamada walking through the school and all the eyes are staring at them which makes them uncomfortable, i think. At least they made it out of the school. Eita coming with the proposal of Akane and Yamada to start dating out of nowhere and then saying its a joke, bad joke man. Akane got all embarrassed, which lead to a cute moment of her blushing. Akane running away and Yamada running after her to catch up. They talk it out above the stairs and then Akane is like "Okay, I'll start dating Yamada?", and then Yamada is like "It would be a real honor", but they're just brushing it off as a joke. That baseball scene after the credits, lmao.

__andre__May 20, 2023 11:18 AM
May 20, 2023 11:21 AM

Jul 2015
Lovely Ace of diamond reference at the end of this episode, it was funny seeing the girls loosing their shit because Yamada didn't participate. excellent episode overall.
May 20, 2023 11:29 AM

May 2020
Glad the episode was just some 20 odd minutes long, because any more of that "Hottest and most sought-after boy in the town" thing and I would've passed out from cringe. So GLAD I didn't.

Also, Akane take your college seriously PLEASE!
May 20, 2023 11:34 AM
Apr 2013
The content of the episode in itself was great, it's always nice to see the main caracters relationship develop, however am I the only one that though the animation quality of this episode was not great ? Like it suddenly got lower
Maybe I'm wrong
May 20, 2023 11:36 AM
Aug 2022
This season is peak and this anime is the one who also play a really big role in that tooo..
May 20, 2023 11:42 AM
Feb 2015
That siren at the end, reminded me of Azumanga Daioh during the beach villa part 2 experience when Tomo would get in front of the picture when Kaori would try to take a pic of Sakaki and the siren noise would go off for a bit ahahahhahahah
May 20, 2023 12:37 PM
Aug 2018
I'm so happy Eita opened up the conversation about Akane and Yamada dating even if it was a joke. It brought us a lot more clarity as to where both characters stand with one another. I squealed from happiness when Yamada basically told Akane he sees dating her as an honor and out of reach for him...HCCJASKSDKASKAHKSHKAC That's a confession as far as I'm concerned. And one I've never really seen in any romance I've personally watched before. Very upfront and said very matter-of-factly. Also the way he literally RAN after her. Almost instinctually. SO CUTEEEEE!!! He is literally chasing this girl. Cant blame him. Akane is so ADORABLEEE!! 
May 20, 2023 12:57 PM

Jul 2017
Yamada's school's festival, and the guild members are all here to celebrate the occasion....except Runa who feels butterflies in her stomach because she's nervous for her entrance exam. Also, it's Akane's first time seeing Yamada in his school climate, though that's the climate of his own surroundings. Even then, he can still sense Akane like a hawk, and Runa goes desperate and begging Yamada not to tell Eita so that she can have fun. Of course, walking on the corridors of class with the school's handsome boy, Akane feels the pinch so walk separate of him, but that does not stop Yamada from getting all the attention. Haha, the 1st Years all gleaming to find out if Akane is his girlfriend like chicks, and that is a ruckus enough lols. Runa was one, and now Akane is another. Eita's solution however, to pretend that both Yamada and Akane are dating, it's clearly a joke, but that Akane got flustered before she thought even far, leading Yamada to chase after her.

Even to his classmate Tsubaki, it's clear that Yamada has to stop Akane, but calling her name for the first time takes the excitement out of her, and she definitely thought that it's something out of love, where the naive Yamada is just thinking on his own wavelength. Regardless, if they ever had a chance to date without any intervention, it would be an honor, but the latter would've felt like he wouldn't have scored her being a prized possession.

The school's festival pageant though...Okamoto really played for Yamada lols, WHAT A MAN. Best Side Bro Okamoto FTW, a hilarious troll!
May 20, 2023 12:58 PM
May 2023
just great it just felt nice to watch it

May 20, 2023 1:06 PM
Aug 2021
Best episode so far!!! My boy Yamada is starting to turn a new leaf. The way he views Akane is quite a shock, but a good one at that
May 20, 2023 1:33 PM
May 2021
loved this episode!! we're really getting close to yamada realizing he likes akane and then them dating.

yamada chasing after akane, smiling when she said she wasn't mad, and then saying it'd be an honor if she liked him??? god he's so!! i really like this show
My 2023 candies:
May 20, 2023 1:55 PM
Sep 2022
my favorited episode i already want more!!
May 20, 2023 1:59 PM
Apr 2023
hahahahah funny episode
May 20, 2023 2:06 PM
Jan 2021
The show has some really funny moments but not gonna lie I don't really see why the 2 MCs would like each other. The only thing that really connects them is the game.(which sadly has been pushed into the background completely)
She thinks he is attractive but I I feel like even the author has some problems writing dialogue for them which makes it hard to believe that they build up their relationship. They don't really talk about anything.

But there is still more and its a nice watch. Still hope it develops a bit more on that end
May 20, 2023 2:07 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
They really ramped up the romance between Yamada and Akane in this little school festival arc, I really loved just about every scene with them here. From when they first greeted each other at the festival to that last bit where they had that one on one on the stairs, absolute perfection, and so many cute flustered Akane close-ups which I appreciate. I know Eita kinda started that little bit of drama between them but I gotta thank him because that was scrumptious lol.

And one of the most interesting things revealed is how Yamada sees Akane, being this unreachable prize, which was surprising for me since we’re so used to Akane’s POV which kinda puts Yamada on a similar pedestal for her. Also I’m ngl Runa’s bit where her stomach got nervous was relatable, same shit happens to me when I’m nervous. And lastly that after credits bit was a funny one, Yamada’s friend hates campers and snipers huh lol, campers I agree with but I think snipers are an exception since that’s literally what they’re for imo lol.
May 20, 2023 2:10 PM

May 2015
Another cute episode. They're making slow but steady progress.

I loved Akane's style this episode. The sweater and tied up hair looked great on her.

Also that end part where Yamada said she was a prize he cant reach is great. Shows how much he thinks of Akane and its really cute. Hopefully they do end up together by the end of the series. (As a fair few romance anime dont) 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 20, 2023 2:17 PM
Oct 2016
Yamada and Akane getting closer to being an actual couple. Eita might've been messing with Akane but he did some actual good this episode. Saying that one joke set many things in motion. Loved seeing the guild members show up at Yamada school festival. Always nice to see one of those in an anime, especially here as it's only Yamada that actually attends the school instead of the whole cast. Eita was having his own fun being fawned over by the high school girls taking his picture. Runa getting a stomach ache from not eating sucks but I understand her wanting to save room for all the yummy festival food. As that's a special treat and I would want to eat as much as possible too. Even getting those limited edition Festival shirts. Akane running away flustered after Eita jokingly said her and Yamada should just start dating. Yamada surprisingly going along with the joke, he's getting better and picking up on things like that. Akane put some serious thought into actually dating Yamada, it would be tough to talk about with all those high school girls flocking as soon as they see Yamada with a girl. Their more private conversation did lead to some interesting development, Akane seriously asked Yamada if he would be ok with dating her. A good response from him saying he sees her as something unobtainable compared to a nobody like himself. Akane has to make him see they're on the same level.
May 20, 2023 2:21 PM
Jun 2022
Is that the great romance development everyone was talking about? I can name at least 5 better ones that doesn't have a high number of members and a good score like this. Not saying the show is bad though.
May 20, 2023 3:32 PM
Oct 2021
yamada is like 8ft tall
sometimes his proportions look.. off?
still love him (⁠*⁠˘⁠︶⁠˘⁠*⁠)⁠.⁠。⁠*⁠♡
May 20, 2023 4:08 PM

Nov 2011
"well... well... yeah, i guess." - Yamada Akito
"which part actually made you embarassed?" - Yamada Akito
May 20, 2023 4:52 PM

Apr 2022
Does anyone knows what song is in the background of the scene (~13:51) when Akane runs from Yamada after embarrassment for her bench scene? I'm guessing it's a DÉ DÉ MOUSE composition. Regards!
May 20, 2023 5:07 PM
Mar 2023
They've already half declared themselves in a few words, they're at the stage where they wouldn't mind becoming a couple but they don't have the incentive they lack to become one, although there's no doubt that it's going to end up happening anyway, 10 /10.
PS: Runa made me laugh asking Akane for 5 menus of the day as if she were at a free buffet and the animation they used for when she was eating at the end of the chapter. After the typical physical education or philosophy teacher resting at Yamada jsjs
May 20, 2023 5:18 PM
Aug 2020
It was really good, Yamada just agreed with the statement… you are right…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 20, 2023 5:48 PM
Sep 2015
Fue un precioso capitulo
May 20, 2023 5:58 PM

Feb 2019
i knew his classmate would take yamada's place at the pageant show lol and of course the crowd's response was expected since they were duped lol
May 20, 2023 6:06 PM
Mar 2015
The kids made progress thanks to Eita but Okamoto hit it out of the park
May 20, 2023 6:10 PM
May 2017
So this is how he really percieved her this whole time. As a prize he couldn't reach? Hmm bro was glazing a lil but whatever gets him there i guess

3.5/5
May 20, 2023 6:28 PM

Mar 2020
Yumelia said:
The content of the episode in itself was great, it's always nice to see the main caracters relationship develop, however am I the only one that though the animation quality of this episode was not great ? Like it suddenly got lower
Maybe I'm wrong

I believe epi 6-8 they changed the approach use much more visual comedy and simplified art but I enjoyed them and their pacing felt great to watch but the art is not a “My Dress Up Darling” I also don’t think they want it to be nor have the time or budget to do so I think it’s a pleasant show so far I’ll complete it surely hope they don’t drop the ball seriously in the end though …
May 20, 2023 6:32 PM
Feb 2018
Little girl is the MVP setting them up like a pro.
May 20, 2023 6:44 PM

Apr 2022
akane and yamada getting tons of attention in the halls. yamada with a little tease and then being oblivious, yamada declaring akane as a prize he can't reach. progress is progress.
May 20, 2023 7:32 PM
Nov 2022
It seems that there is finally development between Akane and Yamada, I like that.

Eita being the best character as always, there is no doubt...

Will Tsubaki have any relevant role or is he just a speaking background character?
May 20, 2023 7:36 PM

Feb 2011
"you're like a prize i cant reach"

ooooooooooOOOOOHhhhhh thats cool

good ep

May 20, 2023 7:44 PM

Jul 2019
hohoho! Now it's going somewhere! This single episode was really well-paced. And I guess just as an overall series review thus far, it's been an enjoyable run. It's conventional but still has more compelling moments and characterizations than let's say Otonari ni Ginga of this season!
LordSozinMay 20, 2023 7:51 PM

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 20, 2023 8:33 PM

May 2022
Yamada-kun and Akane-chan never disappoint. Is there anything more fun than two awkward young people in love? Without a doubt the best series of the season. It just gets better and better.
May 20, 2023 8:39 PM
Oct 2022
Akanr becoming the centre of attention and walking with Yamada seems funny.
May 20, 2023 10:25 PM

Oct 2013
Eita is best boy this season and I'm not accepting arguments otherwise

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 20, 2023 10:38 PM
Apr 2023
Well finally the show did a banger. It is good since it started but somehow the tokimeki events are its best today and indicator of things to come.
Really a good way of using the bunkasai setting to get things heated up even more.
Now I am in need of reading the manga
May 20, 2023 10:53 PM

Jul 2021
at this pace i think yamada and akane will fall for each other in episode 13.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 21, 2023 12:37 AM
Oct 2019
Holy moly. Crazzy developments this episode. Really enjoying this anime and I can't wait for the next episode. Always a pain to wait for each episode for a week but they pay off sure is nice.
May 21, 2023 1:00 AM

May 2011
Aşırı eğlenceliydi ve çok tatlıllar >_<
Very very fun and cuties.
May 21, 2023 1:06 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Naw this was cute! Now they just have to start dating already 😍
May 21, 2023 1:08 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Best part was Okamoto being supported by all the bros, even when the girls were hating him.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

260 by Yuhhangg27 »»
Aug 31, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

199 by Composure »»
Aug 27, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - Apr 1, 2023

281 by WalkerTheWolf »»
Aug 22, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

108 by japanese_god »»
Jun 16, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2023

152 by japanese_god »»
Jun 15, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.