Forum Settings
Forums

Which anime separate Casual fans from Hardcore fans?

New
Jan 6, 2023 5:45 AM

Jul 2016
Mushoku Tensei is probably one of them.

So by that logic I am still casual because I didn't watch yet.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2023 5:56 AM

Sep 2020
Not sure, but maybe Lucky star, To love ru, Oreimo, Oregairu, etc.
Jan 6, 2023 5:57 AM

May 2019
Hideaki Anno's Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Jan 6, 2023 5:58 AM

Aug 2022
I don't think a single anime can separate much tbh. But since you chose Mushoku Tensei as the decisive factor, I guess I'm not a casual watcher lol.
Jan 6, 2023 6:00 AM

Jul 2016
StaleNut said:
I don't think a single anime can separate much tbh. But since you chose Mushoku Tensei as the decisive factor, I guess I'm not a casual watcher lol.

I said "separate" and not "separates."

That means I'm talking about MULTIPLE anime, based on grammar rules.

Tell moi multiple anime.
Jan 6, 2023 6:04 AM

Sep 2010
takamono said:

This but with School Days instead of Oregairu.
Jan 6, 2023 6:04 AM

Feb 2020
boku no pico
itadaki seieki 
shoujo ramune
and Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
cant be a real anime fan without watching these 

Jan 6, 2023 6:08 AM

May 2019
DoisacChopper said:
shoujo ramune

Ah yes, a most excellent classic that truly separates the real weebs from the fake normies.
Jan 6, 2023 6:08 AM

Jun 2017
Ping Pong the Animation directed by Masaaki Yuasa.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Jan 6, 2023 6:09 AM

Aug 2022
IpreferEcchi said:
StaleNut said:

I said "separate" and not "separates."

That means I'm talking about MULTIPLE anime, based on grammar rules.

Tell moi multiple anime.

Alright🗿

Devilman, Mushoku Tensei and every loli anime in existence that includes ecchi, sth like Onimai which is currently airing.

I can see casuals watching some ecchi anime like High School DxD or High School of the Dead tho, cuz they're not "spicy" enough.
Jan 6, 2023 6:10 AM

Jul 2016
ateks said:
takamono said:

Did you know that Makoto is blood-related to every girl in School Days EXCEPT Kotonoha?

Because his dad fucks a lot.

And it's part of a larger series of visual novels where you learn the family tree.
Jan 6, 2023 6:11 AM

Sep 2008
not sure about anime, but you can tell who's a real fan and who's a wannabe infiltrator simply by their behavior.
if anyone bitches about fanservice, asks for poc main characters or displays similar behavior, they aren't fans just tourists.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jan 6, 2023 6:15 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
something like monogatari probably.
Jan 6, 2023 6:16 AM

Sep 2010
IpreferEcchi said:
ateks said:

Did you know that Makoto is blood-related to every girl in School Days EXCEPT Kotonoha?

Because his dad fucks a lot.

And it's part of a larger series of visual novels where you learn the family tree.

I think this is interesting but I honestly don't want to go back into the rabbit hole of School Days theories. I still don't know if she was actually pregnant or not.
Jan 6, 2023 6:18 AM

Oct 2010
mushoku is very casual, just a guy having a harem and adventuring, it's as casual as dxd
Jan 6, 2023 6:19 AM
Jun 2021
tchitchouan said:
Hideaki Anno's Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Can't agree with this one at all. In fact I'd say it's one of the most casual "adult" anime there is.
Now Kidou Senshi Gundam, THAT is the kind of anime that separates a genuine hardcore anime fan from a casual that's subservient to critics making up shit. In fact mecha is by far the strongest pleb filter there is, if you enjoy mecha you're automatically a hardcore fan of anime.
Other strong filters are: Mahou Shoujo, Ecchi and Harems. Those genres all filter out a vast majority of casual anime fans. For example, if somebody claimed to have only watched Madoka and seen all good magical girl anime - that's not a hardcore fan, that's a casual who listens too much to the critics and doesn't use his own brain. But, if someone says they enjoyed Cutie Honey, Nanoha, Symphogear, My-Hime - that's a hardcore fan right there, they went against what's popular and against what the critics say and made their own taste.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Jan 6, 2023 6:19 AM

Aug 2019
Hmm probably avant garde animes like flcl and lain

Jan 6, 2023 6:24 AM

Sep 2021
I'd say Mononoke, Gankutsuou, Akira, FLCL, Ashita no Joe, Clannad, other Avant Garde stuff and definitely Fate

oh and probably Monogatari now that I think about it
SaiornoJan 6, 2023 6:31 AM
Jan 6, 2023 6:26 AM

Jul 2021
maybe something like uchi no shishou wa shippo dekinai.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 6, 2023 6:32 AM
Jun 2021
Suryaaps said:
Hmm probably avant garde animes like flcl and lain

Saiorno said:
I'd say Mononoke, Gankutsuou, Akira, FLCL, Ashita no Joe, Clannad, other Avant Garde stuff and a 50/50 with Fate

oh and probably Monogatari now that I think about it

Amazing, every word of those sentences was wrong.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Jan 6, 2023 6:35 AM

Sep 2021
TheMechaManiac said:

damn, guess I should hit the books more then
Jan 6, 2023 6:37 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Legend of Galactic Heroes aka Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (OVA version).

No mere casuals are willing to watch 110 episodes of 80s anime full of politics and war

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 6, 2023 6:38 AM
Jun 2021
Saiorno said:
TheMechaManiac said:

damn, guess I should hit the books more then

Lel

Still, I think avantgarde is easily the least hardcore genre primarily because it's lapped up by the critics.

Read my post on why Evangelion isn't a hardcore anime, it's not that far above.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Jan 6, 2023 6:42 AM

Sep 2021
TheMechaManiac said:

oh so thats what a hardcore fan means to you, to me it just means whoever sucks the most dick for their favorite anime and those are what came to mind for me
Jan 6, 2023 6:44 AM
Apr 2022
I think............................
casual - latest, modern, popular, "masterpiece" animes
hardcore - obscure, old, weird, niche animes
Jan 6, 2023 6:47 AM
Jun 2021
Saiorno said:
TheMechaManiac said:

oh so thats what a hardcore fan means to you, to me it just means whoever sucks the most dick for their favorite anime and those are what came to mind for me

To me, hardcore means the most based as defined by Lil B the Based God himself:

"Based means being yourself. Not being scared of what people think about you. Not being afraid to do what you wanna do. Being positive."

It means to have your own personal taste, not caring about the popular trends or the critics.

Giant robots and hot chicks with large tiddies are hardcore because they're not popular and not liked by critics.

Battle shounen are entry level because they're popular with the normies crowd who doesn't even watch other anime.

Avantgarde is entry level and not hardcore because critics actively shill it as meaningful.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Jan 6, 2023 6:53 AM

Aug 2020
Texhnolyze
Mawaru Penguindrum
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei

Jan 6, 2023 6:58 AM

Apr 2020
If you haven't at least watch one of Kill La Kill, Gurren Lagann, Soul Eater, Amagi Brilliant Park, Monster Musume, or Interspecies Reviewers, then can you really say you're anything more than a casual seasonal anime watcher? These animes I would say are a few starts to the rabbit hole of anime, and if you haven't watched any I would recommend the first 4 at least to try out first.
Jan 6, 2023 7:01 AM

Oct 2019
none and all.

watching something isn't the line to cross.

how you see it is.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jan 6, 2023 7:02 AM

Feb 2020
Rinrinka said:
Legend of Galactic Heroes aka Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (OVA version).

No mere casuals are willing to watch 110 episodes of 80s anime full of politics and war
I wonder if anyone whos seen the original could ever prefer the new version
the new artstyle really turned me off

also sometimes I wish I could find anime out there that are in the same vein as LoGH for politics and war
its really just a masterpiece beyond mortal comprehension 

Jan 6, 2023 7:04 AM
Oct 2019
Hmm probably madoka magica,kanon,higurashi and maybe grisaia
Jan 6, 2023 7:06 AM

Feb 2020
I dunno, probably some Shinbou hentai
Jan 6, 2023 7:41 AM
Oct 2021
There are many but if I have to choose, it would be any work by Kunihiko Ikuhara:
- Shoujo Kakumei Utena
- Mawaru Penguindrum
- Yuri Kuma Arashi
- Sarazanmai
Jan 6, 2023 7:54 AM

Feb 2016
TheMechaManiac said:
Now Kidou Senshi Gundam, THAT is the kind of anime that separates a genuine hardcore anime fan from a casual that's subservient to critics making up shit.
An anime so hardcore they even put Amuro's face on coffee cans. Nothing's less mainstream than coffee.

Other strong filters are: Mahou Shoujo, Ecchi and Harems. Those genres all filter out a vast majority of casual anime fans.

You clearly haven't met anyone with Pretty Cure merchandise.

But, if someone says they enjoyed Cutie Honey, Nanoha, Symphogear, My-Hime - that's a hardcore fan right there

Oh, I see. You're not talking about anime for girls.
その目だれの目?
Jan 6, 2023 8:01 AM

May 2018
"Which anime separate Casual fans from Hardcore fans?"

The ones which age well.
Jan 6, 2023 8:09 AM

Jan 2020
mazuchi said:
I dunno, probably some Shinbou hentai

I see you know of jyuhachi minanizawa as well
Jan 6, 2023 8:14 AM

Jul 2016
Catalano said:
mushoku is very casual, just a guy having a harem and adventuring, it's as casual as dxd

You can't compare those, dude. Rudeus is a thirty-something-year-old in a kid's body.

A kid younger than Issei. It's not for casuals.

I've held off watching it because I recognize the quality it possesses, and once I've seen it, there will be a hole in my anime soul that can't be filled easily.
Jan 6, 2023 8:23 AM

Oct 2010
IpreferEcchi said:
Catalano said:

You can't compare those, dude. Rudeus is a thirty-something-year-old in a kid's body.

A kid younger than Issei. It's not for casuals.

I've held off watching it because I recognize the quality it possesses, and once I've seen it, there will be a hole in my anime soul that can't be filled easily.
I get you but MT is still popular, it has 1 mil members here whereas dxd has 1,3 mil
My reasoning was: casual anime = popular anime
If I'm wrong then I don't know
Jan 6, 2023 8:25 AM

Sep 2018
Only hardcore weebs love ecchi anime so I vote for that.
-Monster Musume
-Ishizoku Reviewers
-Heavens Lost Property
-Shimoneta
-Queens Blade
-ect
Jan 6, 2023 8:25 AM

Jun 2021
Fate/stay Night, Neoん WhyDidIWatchDisGargagdio Evangelion and Sword Art Online. Since it appeases to both crowds. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Monster and Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu. Koten-bu Series/Hyouka, Natsume Yuujinchou and Zetsuen no Tempest if you wanna a lil' bot of personality in ya favorites.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Jan 6, 2023 8:27 AM
Aug 2018
Abunai Sisters: Koko & Mika

Shoujo Ramune

Futa-bu!
Jan 6, 2023 8:27 AM
Dec 2022
If we're talking about western anime fans, I would say a lot of older anime like The Rose Of Versailles or Ashita No Joe
Jan 6, 2023 8:32 AM

Oct 2013
I don't think its really a matter of what anime you do and don't watch fully but how much you spend time on watching what fits your taste regardless of how old the product is or not 
Jan 6, 2023 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
bakamonogatari (and all the who knows how many sequels) and NGE. seems like most hardcore anime watchers know and love those series.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 6, 2023 8:47 AM

Jul 2022
Anything controversal, like Mushoku and/or shows aimed at a target demographic. Casuals would never appreciate stuff like The Tatami Galaxy, Monogatari or Golden Boy.
Say-My-NameJan 6, 2023 8:52 AM
Jan 6, 2023 8:55 AM

Aug 2018
I think that you become hardcore when you know different shows from different periods of the genres that you enjoy. You don't need to watch every great show, but you at least need to watch the most well known from those genres.

For example, you can't say that you are hardcore fan of the mecha if you don't know Gundam, or mystery without Monster, battle shounen without DBZ or FMA, etc...  There isn't one formula, it depends on the people taste.
Jan 6, 2023 8:59 AM

Feb 2022
Catalano said:
They're starting to get dated now, yeah, especially DXD. Although i also agree that mushoku is still too hot for some casuals because of rudeus, i mean he indeed is a fat freak lol
Jan 6, 2023 9:24 AM
Jun 2021
Lucifrost said:
TheMechaManiac said:
Now Kidou Senshi Gundam, THAT is the kind of anime that separates a genuine hardcore anime fan from a casual that's subservient to critics making up shit.
An anime so hardcore they even put Amuro's face on coffee cans. Nothing's less mainstream than coffee.

Other strong filters are: Mahou Shoujo, Ecchi and Harems. Those genres all filter out a vast majority of casual anime fans.

You clearly haven't met anyone with Pretty Cure merchandise.

But, if someone says they enjoyed Cutie Honey, Nanoha, Symphogear, My-Hime - that's a hardcore fan right there

Oh, I see. You're not talking about anime for girls.

>he doesn't understand shitposting
NGMI
Hot Blood saves lives.
Jan 6, 2023 9:32 AM

Jul 2015
Gundam fans still butthurt their fav couldn't do in 36 seasons and billions of eps what NGE did in 24 eps in 1995.
Jan 6, 2023 9:40 AM

Jun 2019
betaweeb said:
something like monogatari probably.
This was going to be my answer as I can't imagine many casual fans sitting through all the dialogue or enjoying the studio Shaft special artwork
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Looks like mecha anime's are dead. RIP, giant robots. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Gashadokur0 - Jun 23

169 by Timeline_man »»
3 minutes ago

» Has Ufotable Perfected Walking?

Dragevard - Jun 24

21 by SgtBateMan »»
5 minutes ago

» Is Poison Pontaro the most interesting villain in the last decade?

Catalano - Yesterday

6 by SgtBateMan »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » how "loved" is your #1 fave character of all time ?

ame - 12 hours ago

30 by MinakoBestGirl »»
9 minutes ago

» Has Kadokawa ever made an Anime or Manga made for children?

Tsubaki5386 - 53 minutes ago

3 by mshfqtny »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.