Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 12, 2022 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
This episode goes to show how important memories are especially if they can influence the past.

It seems Yuuko has a somewhat complicated past and we got plenty of emotions this episode. She and Momo really have unique chemistry.
May 12, 2022 11:06 AM

Feb 2020
Aww, Momo smiled! :) <3

Lol at that vacuum scene.

This felt like a finale, but the story is not over yet! I can't wait for the Summer Festival episode. :)

SerafosJun 17, 7:17 AM
May 12, 2022 11:07 AM

Apr 2014
Momo smiled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not gonna lie, this episode can be the final episode of the season.
"So from now on, maybe it's best that I focus on keeping you happy by using all of my power to protect this really tiny corner of town." yeeeeeeeeeettttttt
何それ?意味分かんない
May 12, 2022 11:39 AM
Nov 2019
I am so happy this episode made my week, i thought this was the final episode.

Me rambling about this episode since I'm lazy to post it here

You're saying after dropping this banger of an episode, the next episode will be delayed.. come on!!!!!!
RepletteMay 12, 2022 12:22 PM
May 12, 2022 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
Momo's smile. The first season opening as insert song. Darkness peach transformation. Sakura's wish. Momo's smile. The title drop.

What a great episode, it's easy to see that this could have been the end of the serie, which was what was planned until the author continued it because of it's popularity. Would be even better if the animation was a little bit less lazy but I'll take it.

Pretty sure the sub was wrong and Sakura actually said that Yuuko took her sister(Ryouko) side of the curse and not Sakura's sister(Momo).

This feel pretty complete. Hell I don't think vol 4 ending is as good of an ending point than volume 3, but we'll see how it goes. Hopefully the anime staff prove to me that they can do it well.
May 12, 2022 12:07 PM

Dec 2019
aww man what a heart warming ep :}, listening to s1 op after so long was a nice touch as well
Only you know what you've seen, heard and felt, someone else's opinion is irrelevant.

-Kurenai, Deca Dence
May 12, 2022 1:51 PM

Feb 2019
The arrival of best girl; Darkness Peach.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
May 12, 2022 3:47 PM

Jun 2017
Woah this really felt like a season finale but we are only halfway. Sakura's plot seems to be done for a while so I wonder if they are gonna investigate more about Joshua.
May 12, 2022 3:48 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Thai777 said:
Pretty sure the sub was wrong and Sakura actually said that Yuuko took her sister(Ryouko) side of the curse and not Sakura's sister(Momo).

I definitely raised an eyebrow when she said that, so this makes way more sense 😅
Edit: confirmed from the manga that this is indeed the case, per vol.3, pg.115, “The Core’s Whereabouts, Revealed!” 👍

An epic episode all around, especially Darkness Peach and Plague-Doctor-mode Shion 😆 And of course Momo’s smile. And Sakura-san. And the return of the s1 theme… okay especially ALL of it i guess 🥰

I do wish Shami would have broken the popsicles at the end, it would have been a sublimely subtle indicator that she had indeed gotten stronger since s1… but maybe they’re saving that for another time ☺️

Gonna be difficult waiting extra-long for ep7… guess i’ll just rewatch this season from the beginning again in the meantime 😋
gappasaurusMay 12, 2022 3:52 PM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
May 12, 2022 5:25 PM

Dec 2013
Such a sweet episode, so Sakura reverse Ventus'ed so she could save Shamiko, Darkness Peach looked great and the great Shadow Mistress finally accomplished to make Momo smile, this was a perfect season finale.
May 12, 2022 5:43 PM

Sep 2020
Waiting two weeks for the next episode is going to be hard.
May 12, 2022 7:50 PM

Sep 2019
Shamiko and Momo <3. HEAVEEEEEEEEEEEEN.
May 12, 2022 9:08 PM
May 2022
Very cute and wholesome ep
May 12, 2022 9:24 PM

Jul 2017
Well, Momo's older sister Sakura has appeared with Shamiko's summoning, what are the odds. But she's an incomplete being, as is Shamiko being trapped in the ruse of her memory searching. Mayne one day, the day to set her free will be at hand when removing her core. Time to find a way home...but those same fiends aren't making her journey safe.

Momo's transformation scenes definitely resonated me more than Season 1, that's for sure, considering now that she's the Darkness Peach this time to aid Shamiko in her escape plan, by hook or by crook. Ogura and Mikan played a part in this, but Momo trading places with Shamiko for a darkness vassal, she's definitely prepared for a day like this, and barely survived this ordeal from her own powers manifested.

At least now Momo knows where Sakura's core is at within Shamiko, and for once in a long while, she finally smiled to start a new goal. Hearing Season 1's OP at this stage, OH THE NOSTALGIA. Momo and Shamiko are definitely in a better place than when they first started, like sharing ice popsicles together.

This episode certainly had a finale feeling to it, definitely the best episode yet, but the story doesn't end there yet! This marks the end of Volume 3 of the manga, and Volume 4's adaptation will commence 2 weeks later.
May 12, 2022 10:14 PM

Jun 2021
That damn curse, poor Shamiko and she even got Ryo's share of the curse. She doesn't deserve to be curse like this.
As for Momo, Sakura is right, she has something more precious. A precious little demon girl next door.
All of that stuff aside, we actually got a new transformation sequence for Momo! And it's called Darkness Peach! I love the name.
That's quite the prolonged belly touch from Shamiko though...
Either way, it seems like Momo has decided to dual-class instead of fully switching.
Also, looks like Momo's hair accessory has remained black. First the hair clips and now this, Shamiko is slowly but surely turning her over to the dark side.

This seriously had end-of-season vibes but the great thing is that it's only the middle of the season.
May 13, 2022 12:15 AM
Mar 2021
God, I love this show, it's so wholesome and yet so casually weird. And like, the ever strengthening bond between Momo and Shamiko is just the most heartwarming thing possible. like, these girls are life partners now basically. Shamiko clearly means everything to Momo, and while Shamiko is still trying to sort out her feelings, it's pretty clear how much it meant to her to see Momo finally smile. They're just Gals Being Pals.
May 13, 2022 12:28 AM

Sep 2010
Somehow I just didn't notice Sakura was already in the OP for the past 5 weeks. O.O"
May 13, 2022 12:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow so many great things in this episode but especially that last scene that really felt like it could be the end of the show, finally Momo smiled (and so Shamiko cried lol) but now they're really partners, that was really heartwarming
May 13, 2022 1:55 AM
Jul 2014
I apparently have a sugar system now instead of a blood system. Perhaps I should get that checked.
May 13, 2022 2:10 AM
Dec 2021
Los seguidores de esta historia hemos ganado el día de hoy
May 13, 2022 2:45 AM

Oct 2007
emotional episode. Momo finally find out where her missing sister's core is located. This cause Momo to shift goals. Use her power to protect that part of the town together with Shamiko. They grow even closer now. :>

can't believe Gosenzou let the chance pass to get some blood. It's either the blood of one mahou shoujo is not enough to break the seal.. or gosenzou just decided to be nice.

Liddo-kunMay 13, 2022 2:51 AM
May 13, 2022 2:49 AM

Sep 2020
It feels like a series finale.
Finally, the smile Shamiko has been working so hard for.
It's so strange to see Momo smile but aww, she's so
adorable.
Good job there, Shamiko.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
May 13, 2022 4:30 AM
Jan 2021
Is it only me but Chiyoda Sakura look very similar to Kinuya Nishi from Girls und Panzer? Literally the first thing i thought lol
May 13, 2022 5:32 AM

Mar 2011
Amazing episode! It brought me too feels lane twice in just one episode. 10/10
May 13, 2022 7:44 AM

Oct 2017
Damn so Sakura is inside Shamiko sustaining her life, that was a nice twist. Hopefully someday Shamiko will get strong enough so that Sakura can get out.

Shamiko and Momo moments were so wholesome this episode. Momo smiling was precious.

This episode was legit great.
May 13, 2022 10:08 AM
Jun 2017
Here we f**king go boys!!!!
The ShamiMomo train has entered full gear, and it's speeding ahead non-stop. Grab your seats and buckle up for the gay and precious ride ahead!
TosylChlorideMay 13, 2022 10:16 AM
May 13, 2022 11:00 AM

Apr 2014
loved this ep

also Momo's dark form was super cute it would be nice if she was able to switch between light and dark but this will have to do for now

looking forward to next ep
"one step at a time"
May 13, 2022 11:24 AM

Jul 2016
Bye for now, Succubus Momo. You will sure be missed.

Great episode and satisfying way to conclude this arc. Shamiko finally made Momo smile and Momo going full cheesy mode with the popsicles at the end was just so cute.
May 13, 2022 2:38 PM

Nov 2016
Not that I didn't enjoy it so far, but this episode bumped the season up. Great show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 14, 2022 5:38 AM

Feb 2014
I wonder if I'm the only one to thinks that Momo's Darkness Peach outfit looks better on her than her normal outfit? Don't get me wrong, though. Her normal outfit looks nice, but this new outfit of hers here for a short time only looked really good on her. =3

Anyway, the talk between Shamiko and Sakura was intriguing and insightful. You have to feel sorry for Shamiko since she had Ryo's part of her curse inside of her all this time. Poor girl is so unlucky in that regard, but thanks to Sakura, she's still here and fighting strong and maybe one day, Sakura can leave Samiko's body and regain her human form again.

After all of that and helping Momo to turn back to normal with the help of Mikan, we got to the best part of the episode where Shamiko and Momo talked to each other while watching the sunset. Declaring that she'll protect this part of town, Momo gave off one hell of a precious smile to Shamiko, who in return was reduced to tears, bless her.

What a nice way to end this arc and there is no doubt that both Shamiko and Momo are closer friends than ever before now. I look forward to seeing what the second half will offer us, after a week delay, that is.
May 14, 2022 8:39 AM

Jun 2016
damnnn this episode so heart warming and kinda touch me a bit !!

pretty solid episode !
May 14, 2022 2:20 PM

Sep 2016
Fun trivia: this episode’s content was the originally intended ending for the manga, until the manga author got notified that it will get anime adaptation.
May 14, 2022 7:06 PM

Jul 2011
Damn, that felt like a final ep. Dark Momo looks pretty cool. ShamiMomo bond gets even stronger. And then Momo's smile near the end. Very nice ep!
May 15, 2022 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
Shamiko trying to make a home-made liposuction on herself to get the core out is the most Shamiko move ever xD
May 15, 2022 7:39 PM

Oct 2016
Momo smiling made my entire day. That scene was so heart-wrenching that I genuinely was moved by the end. Shamiko's animation as she cried was also just top tier. 5/5 episode and amazing series so far.
May 16, 2022 6:02 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Shiit this is pretty good. Momo dark side, mentally, even if its just temporary. Ogura with plague doctor mask from the opening. That's her! The final explanation about how Sakura ended up inside Shamiko has been revealed too. She sustain Shamiko's life. What a story, and she sure give the final advice to Shamiko with such a touching vibe. Protecting the city, taking care Momo. Then for the last shot of highlight for this episode, Momo for the damn long time, she finally smiled. Shamiko long pause reaction and then crying was so damn me here. No wonder there's a delay for the next episode. Some little break after putting much effort into creating this final vibes episode, is actually forgivable. Though, there's still much story available to expand more. Since the path for Shamiko to become a super strong demon still way too far. So, yeah, ganbare, Shamiko, yo. You can do it!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 19, 2022 3:43 PM

Dec 2020
Binged this to Ep6 on a good day, absolute love this and so happy they made a return since I do enjoy S1. Really happy to see Momo and Mikan being them at 200%. By far the most enjoyable laxing anime in this season.
May 20, 2022 3:38 AM

Sep 2020
Such a great episode, it made me cry a bit at the end, Momo finally smiles! Shamiko now has a target of becoming a stronger devil~
May 22, 2022 7:27 AM

Sep 2014
wow that was cute and also a lot of plot developement! Im really surprised by how good this is, I will never get tired of their transformation animations
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 22, 2022 3:16 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
So episode 7 didn't come out this week? Do you know why?
I think dawn of the witch didn't release a new episode either..
Is something going on?

May 22, 2022 6:14 PM

Nov 2009
I want Darkness Peach to be a regular thing, LOL

Also... Sakura thinks Shamiko has the same thought process as her. This most likely mean while Shamiko is suppose to be evil, she's actually naturally good and has the potential to become a mahou shoujo (she has a wand already too).

So, that means Shamiko will become the strongest Mahou Shoujo Succubus, LOL.

___ ___ ___

As for episode delay...

No idea...

however, there seems to be a lot of series having their episode 7 being delayed...

one of them listed the reason as "entire staff infected with Covid and had to take a week off"

So... maybe some of the other anime studio also got Covid?

Tho most ppls just think maybe the TV station had something to do on the day of episode 7 airing and all anime series on that day had to be delayed.
amlgMay 22, 2022 6:18 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 23, 2022 6:51 AM
Mar 2012
wow Shamiko accomplished so much. Chiyoda found, tho with lots of strings attached, and Momo smiled with a sorta confession.
Darkness peach so cool like a chuuni dracula.
May 26, 2022 2:47 PM

Aug 2017
Darkness momo looks interesting

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 30, 2022 2:08 AM

Jul 2019
Every Ogura appearance is golden, this time her potion helped Momo to be on the same wavelength with Shamiko to dig her out of her own mind. And how stylish was her dark look, felt like some unique auction lot from Sotheby's.

The part where Shamiko was rewarded with Momo's smile while being under influence of Sakura's older sister wish was very warming and in typical Machikado Mazoku style it all ended with a priceless gag of an oath on a double ice-cream.
May 31, 2022 10:01 AM
Mar 2020
So it is how the title said. Momo is truly the devil girl next door
Jun 3, 2022 11:30 PM

Oct 2014
Theres something sexy to flat chestes girls, and that Dark Peach Momo is one sample of it.

The yuri bait of this anime is pretty strong. Theyre too cute together I needed to jog 5km just to regain my manliness.
Jul 6, 2022 10:01 AM
Aug 2021
Mikan shares more presence in this show. A lot is being revealed in this episode. And finally, the smile pf Chiyoda Momo. Such precious moments. The recently introduced character - the tapir and its helper - also gives this show more color.
I truly think this seemingly simple, SOLish, moe show has some very solid story going on. However despite the sad settings of Momo's sister Sakura, Yuko's family's condition, and the unspoken backstory of the town, this show is upbeat (but not with fake excessive energy), has a very strong hope-filled undertone delivered through a cheerful narrative. At times, there are also heart-felt moments that moved me to the verge of breaking into tears.
I love Yuko and Momo's characters. On top of that, overly-friendly girls caring for each other while speaking suggestive phrases is just *cheff's kiss*, one of the best fan service one could get from a mahou shoujo anime. In terms of the cdgct elements, would say this show even outshines many standard cgdct animes.
Really hope this show gets more recognition in the future. Among this season's Komi s2, spy x family, and this show, would say this show is my favorite.
Jul 8, 2022 11:22 AM

Aug 2018
Lots of progression this episode.. As if the culmination of series so far, to be honest.. So Sakura keeps Shamiko alive.. Also Momo near dark side..
Hm.. Momo has something more important now.. Wonder, what it is.. Is it Shamiko herself?.. Hm..
So Momo switched to dark side and not at the same time..
Also impressed that they needed Ogura's help.. Well, girl knows more than is showed, it seems.. ;P
Jan 5, 2023 5:34 AM

Nov 2013
Powerful episode. Easily the best so far (IMO)

Momo smile was adorable! 
Jan 22, 2023 1:34 AM

Jul 2019
This was a great episode. We've learned about Sakura and Shamiko's past but most important of all: Momo smiled!

This was the episode were I realized Mikan is really cute by the way. Don't know what was different this time but there you have it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2022

27 by IbnAurum »»
Sep 1, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2022

56 by Muow »»
Aug 14, 7:06 AM

» we need season 3, right?

fifa_alterigo - Aug 24, 2022

14 by TurnipFan »»
Aug 4, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku: 2-choume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2022

72 by Anima_Deus »»
Mar 7, 3:15 PM

» Where do people see all the "Yuri" in this anime?

whatever5464 - Jun 16, 2023

15 by IWatchAnime1337 »»
Jan 23, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.