Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Should Hina and Rei become a couple?
Jan 16, 2018 2:04 PM
Mar 2016
It might be selfish to say, but I really want them both to become a couple.
Damn.. their relation is really heartwarming! It gets me hard!

mina-san dou omou?

Note: I have watched 13 episodes of season 2 until I decided to write this.

ShaDanDanJan 16, 2018 2:09 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 16, 2018 2:19 PM

Apr 2016
Sorry, gotta disagree. I've always seen those two more as siblings rather than a romantic interest. Rei's got too much funk for her to deal with properly and she's too immature for him. Besides, what has she done that the other sister's haven't? I don't ship Rei with anyone, but I'd at least consider Akari over her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2018 9:29 AM

Apr 2007
They are very sweet together and I think they would make a great couple. Hina has been an emotional crutch to Rei and Rei has always been there to support Hina;especially through the bullying incident. The words Rei uses to describe Hina during his inner monologues make me think he has romantic feelings for her, even if he doesn't realize it himself.
KilluanJan 17, 2018 10:07 AM
Jan 17, 2018 9:41 AM

Jun 2015
It depends on whether you want actual spoilers or not, since the TV series is ~halfway the manga at this point.
Jan 17, 2018 10:12 AM

Jan 2013
They've tossed about a dozen flags and implications that this might happen. At this point it's not really a question of "should they" but "when will they".
Jan 17, 2018 10:18 AM

Jul 2017
No no no, first Hinata and Rei don't think of each other like that, Rei thinks of Hinata as his savior and Hinata looks at Rei as someone she can count on and Trust like a brother, also my personally I don't want to see Rei with a girlfriend in all honesty
Jan 17, 2018 10:20 AM

Sep 2011
Zerity said:
No no no, first Hinata and Rei don't think of each other like that, Rei thinks of Hinata as his savior and Hinata looks at Rei as someone she can count on and Trust like a brother, also my personally I don't want to see Rei with a girlfriend in all honesty

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 17, 2018 10:23 AM

Jun 2015
Zerity said:
"Savior" can perfectly have romantic implications. You make sound love as something dirty or something.

Although any advances on this regard won't make the series by itself a romance.
Jan 17, 2018 10:34 AM

Jul 2017
"Savior" can perfectly have romantic implications. You make sound love as something dirty or something.

Although any advances on this regard won't make the series by itself a romance. [/quote]

hm I don't mean it like that, it's more like I can't see them like that. Like the way the anime portrays there relationship is more like a sibling on then romantic
Jan 18, 2018 5:55 AM

Oct 2014
Honestly, when i first watching the anime i didn't ship him with anyone but over the time, hina proved me to be my favorite character beside rei so i wholeheartedly hope they become a couple in the future..
Jan 21, 2018 3:31 AM

Jan 2015
At first, I thought they should be a couple. But after some time, I think they should stay as they are (don't know what's in the manga)
Jan 23, 2018 4:15 AM

May 2017
Zerity said:
so you've not been reading the manga i guess ,read it you'll be surprised,btw i prefer akari over hina but...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2018 11:51 AM

Jul 2017
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
so you've not been reading the manga i guess ,read it you'll be surprised,btw i prefer akari over hina but...

aight now I gotta see what happens, not that I am against a relationship so far in the anime I don't see it happening. Akari is good too, she is strong but Hina is my favorite.
Jan 23, 2018 12:50 PM

May 2016
I ship Rei x Kyouko
Jan 26, 2018 11:53 PM

Nov 2009
Reshiram_IX said:
I ship Rei x Kyouko
Same. Rei x Hina is boring af, we've seen that type of romance more times that can be counted in nearly every second show.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 27, 2018 2:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
About your question, in the first season, that was my wish, and i hope in the future, will come true!!! kekeke
Jan 28, 2018 10:07 AM

Jan 2015
no, it should be akari
Jan 28, 2018 11:17 AM
Nov 2017
I don't think they should, as I would prefer a show without romantic subplots for once, but I think they will. I prefer them as having a close sibling-like relationship.

Though it wouldn't ruin the show or anything, having them dating.
Go watch March comes in like a lion. It made me cry a lot.

Jan 29, 2018 12:01 PM

Apr 2016
I prefer Akari... But it's unlikely...

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Jan 29, 2018 2:47 PM

Nov 2007
The manga is more about shogi and the essence of family than romance so...

Perhaps if the story progressed 2-3 years forward from the current time period, I would consider Rei x Hinata. The chemistry between these two gets better with the progression of the story.

While Akari looked like a beautiful woman to Rei in the beginning and she would make him blush a lot when she smiled at him, these feelings that come with adolescence diminished over time as Rei started to see her more like a caring older sister as he gets to know her better. This also has to do a lot with how Akari's current personality is as she practically behaves like a mother-figure to her younger sisters and from time to time to Rei.

Hinata on the other hand, seemed like a little sister to Rei, an energetic and positive girl who had a crush on her school's heartthrob but as the story progressed, he starts to see her as a strong-willed girl and feel this incredible urge to be by her side and protect her. Those could also stem from him as a protective older brother, but the wall really becomes thin from time to time and anyone would think that romance may bloom between the two any moment. Especially when Hinata calls him by Kiriyama-kun instead of Rei-chan.

As for Momo, it's a Seinen manga so anything can happen if there is 12 year jump in the story.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 29, 2018 3:16 PM
Mar 2016
shanimebib said:
The manga is more about shogi and the essence of family than romance so...

Perhaps if the story progressed 2-3 years forward from the current time period, I would consider Rei x Hinata. The chemistry between these two gets better with the progression of the story.

While Akari looked like a beautiful woman to Rei in the beginning and she would make him blush a lot when she smiled at him, these feelings that come with adolescence diminished over time as Rei started to see her more like a caring older sister as he gets to know her better. This also has to do a lot with how Akari's current personality is as she practically behaves like a mother-figure to her younger sisters and from time to time to Rei.

Hinata on the other hand, seemed like a little sister to Rei, an energetic and positive girl who had a crush on her school's heartthrob but as the story progressed, he starts to see her as a strong-willed girl and feel this incredible urge to be by her side and protect her. Those could also stem from him as a protective older brother, but the wall really becomes thin from time to time and anyone would think that romance may bloom between the two any moment. Especially when Hinata calls him by Kiriyama-kun instead of Rei-chan.

As for Momo, it's a Seinen manga so anything can happen if there is 12 year jump in the story.

This was amazing to read, thanks a lot!

I also noticed that Hina is calling him "Kiriyama-kun" sometimes instead of "Rei-chan", which made me feel like she sometimes makes a distance between her and him for the reason of possible love relationship!

I'm a simple man tho, I think they should become a couple because I just feel like that while watching the anime, the drama is driving me into this direction. That's how I feel, and I can't explain it by providing a list of reasons!

It's just how I feel when I watch their relation, I feel like the author wants us to feel like this and that's why he's developing their relation like this.
Jan 29, 2018 3:55 PM

Nov 2007
AnimeNoSensei said:
It's just how I feel when I watch their relation, I feel like the author wants us to feel like this and that's why he's developing their relation like this.

Well, the manga is still ongoing so we don't know whether they will be the end game at all. Btw, the author is female.

Umino Chika-sensei is amazing and one of my favourite authors who have created multiple amazing manga. Anyone who had read Hachimitsu to Clover would know that she is a unique mangaka who wouldn't spearhead apparent romances. In that alone, Hinata x Rei has a huge chance of not bearing any fruit.

Neither of my ships worked out in HnC. Still I loved it with everything I had because it was a beautifully written story. So, you have been warned! Just enjoy the anime for what it is. It has a lot to offer than romance in the first place so I really am not too invested in that part of it but in other things that make it such a wonderful story, just like Hibike! Euphonium but unlike Chihayafuru, where romance plays a huge role in the story's progression.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 29, 2018 4:11 PM
Mar 2016
shanimebib said:
AnimeNoSensei said:

Well, the manga is still ongoing so we don't know whether they will be the end game at all. Btw, the author is female.

Umino Chika-sensei is amazing and one of my favourite authors who have created multiple amazing manga. Anyone who had read Hachimitsu to Clover would know that she is a unique mangaka who wouldn't spearhead apparent romances. In that alone, Hinata x Rei has a huge chance of not bearing any fruit.

Neither of my ships worked out in HnC. Still I loved it with everything I had because it was a beautifully written story. So, you have been warned! Just enjoy the anime for what it is. It has a lot to offer than romance in the first place so I really am not too invested in that part of it but in other things that make it such a wonderful story, just like Hibike! Euphonium but unlike Chihayafuru, where romance plays a huge role in the story's progression.

Oh, my bad!
I actually didn't read about the mangaka of sangatsu no Lion.
But you're right, it's not about romance in the first place. It's about drama and a HEARTWARMING one!
This is why I love it.

Tho it's that heartwarming feeling that makes me want to see more between Rei and Hina.
Jan 29, 2018 10:09 PM
Mar 2015
Major manga spoilers ahead

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
NexuJan 30, 2018 7:33 PM
Feb 1, 2018 7:35 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
CG said:
Reshiram_IX said:
I ship Rei x Kyouko
Same. Rei x Hina is boring af, we've seen that type of romance more times that can be counted in nearly every second show.

That makes for some good doujin material, you should check it out yourself, there are some really good ones Kyoko X Rei on the web. :3
Feb 2, 2018 10:48 AM

Nov 2009
Playcool said:
That makes for some good doujin material, you should check it out yourself, there are some really good ones Kyoko X Rei on the web. :3
Really? Then I guess I gotta go search for them;) Thanks man.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 2, 2018 12:14 PM
Feb 2018
CG said:
Reshiram_IX said:
I ship Rei x Kyouko
NO DA FAQ She is creepy asf and the guy is too lonely and if they are together it would be pretty disgusting since they are step siblings and they would be in an abusive relationship and i've had enough of that shit . I don't care if rei and hina weren't together tho because at least they can make each other happy and that's enough for me
Feb 2, 2018 5:22 PM

Apr 2016
Well though I prefer Kyouko X Rei, Hina X Rei is obviously inevitable. I know the latter will be "healthier" but heck Kyouko & Rei would make a more interesting ship.
Feb 2, 2018 6:30 PM

Sep 2015
Yeah, but obviously when they're both older. Now's not the right time in the slightest, and both are too socially immature. But I do say that they should one day come together.

Feb 4, 2018 10:05 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
CG said:
Playcool said:
Really? Then I guess I gotta go search for them;) Thanks man.

Going further, NSFW link obviously:
https://nhentai.net/g/198238/

(great website to find doujin nowadays with pururin dead)

PS: the sisters also make an appearence on this one, but the art is great and well, Kyouko is really HOT here.
Feb 4, 2018 12:27 PM

Dec 2014
let's hope for the best...at this point I am ok with how things go
Feb 9, 2018 2:47 PM
Jan 2017
Um, Hina is 13 and Rei is 17, so... no, wtf?!
Feb 10, 2018 12:14 PM

Aug 2011
Even without having read the manga I can tell it's probably going to go in that direction. I don't necessarily agree with it though.

For me the biggest issue is still the age difference. Hina is mature for a 13 year old but Rei is also mature for a 17 year old, and anyone who's gone through both of those ages will know that there's a world of difference in judgment between those. I don't think it would be as much of a problem once they're both in their 20s but in real life a relationship between a 13 year old and 17 year old would just be gross. Hina is still a child and Rei is nearly an adult.

From what I remember of the Honey and Clover anime I feel like this mangaka likes to write these kinds of romance dynamics but they seem pretty tasteful/not exploitative about it at least.
Feb 10, 2018 2:12 PM
Feb 2009
CzeroC said:
Well though I prefer Kyouko X Rei, Hina X Rei is obviously inevitable. I know the latter will be "healthier" but heck Kyouko & Rei would make a more interesting ship.
to be honest I don't find toxic relationships interesting
slayer2Feb 10, 2018 2:41 PM
Feb 10, 2018 4:21 PM

Apr 2016
slayer2 said:
CzeroC said:

Well it's subjective.
Feb 10, 2018 6:42 PM
Mar 2015
As of Chapter 139 Hina is 15 and a freshman in HS. Rei is 19 and a senior in HS. Of course Hina could not marry until she is 16 with her parent or guardians permission. Since it is unlikely that her father will grant permission to marry, Hina would have to wait until she is 20 to get married
Feb 10, 2018 7:07 PM
Feb 2009
CzeroC said:
slayer2 said:

Well it's subjective.
I just want ask why is it that people ship Rei and Kyouka? I've been in toxic relationships I've been adjacent to toxic relationships all that comes from them is pain and a bitter lesson on how to see a toxic relationship from a mile away. neither of them are healthy and for a relationship to work at least one has to be emotionally stable. Honestly even Rei can see kyouka is no good for him. So to me it makes no sense to ship them.
Feb 10, 2018 8:01 PM

Aug 2016
PastelBecky said:
I don't think they should, as I would prefer a show without romantic subplots for once, but I think they will. I prefer them as having a close sibling-like relationship.

Same. The plot so far seems cut out for family and friendships than romance. I would find it abrupt to include romance all of a sudden.

一期一会
Feb 20, 2018 12:26 PM

Mar 2017
Guess you haven't read the manga then
Mar 25, 2018 10:05 PM
Apr 2016
Well..is indeed a hard question to answer. I myself did not read the manga, and so far im on the episode 20 (Hina deciding preparatory school..the 2nd half of highschool) of the second seasons on the anime, but lets see:

- Akari es about 23. She clearly is respectfull with him, in work coleagues (sorry for bad english) or maybe an aunt (tho non describe it well, because is mom-ish but reserved). I dont think she has feelings for him beyond protection at ALL, the same way Rei has for Hina. For that i think a few years should pass, Kiriyama growing up (mentally) and her realizing he is a man and not a child.
But clearly, Kiriyama is too inmature (yet) for Akari
- Kyoko is about 23 too. She clearly has some daddy issues and has strong feelings for Rei, but she doesnt know herself and is trouble-fucked AF (forgive me that redundancy). They are step brothers (and yes, that counts in the only limit they had; emotional) but even if we ignore that...she is too inmature yet at the same time too much for him, so it would be an abusive relationship one way or another. Even if she changes, i dont see how that could end in happines

- Hinata is about 15. She clearly admires and love Rei, but i think she sees him as a mixture between a big beloved brother and a teacher. She is too imature for rei (and wouldnt catch up until she is at least out of highschool..so lets say, 4 more years? it would be hard for her to no develop any other relationship, yet that much time spended in her house by kiriyama not giving ANYTHING, not even casual, with akari...). Besides i think she has a big crush with the tall baseball dude (which apparently is devoted to her too) and i TOTALLY ship those two. SO, i pretty much think thats the less likely of all, no matter how much chemistry they fond on them

- Momo is 3 and -- STAHP, FBI! (kidding , kidding---not in that way, you pervert)

Kiriyama is 19, so, eitherway is about the same age gap, but between that uneasy thing and that the atmosphere is tricky on that, not exactly giving you romance, but love...well, i can accept this manga ending without romance, but i would totally love him ending with Akari..but thats maybe because im pretty much that age exactly
About Akari most shipped partners, bot the teacher and the shogi dude (fat rei friend "brother")...i dont know, i dont think so. She is too young for both, and altought they would be more than happy..i just cant see how (maybe in reality, but not in this specific universe that is sangatsu no lion)

SO, i dont know guys, ti seems like nothings fits, yet all have a chance. What do you think? I think, that if theres any romance at all (kirayama related) on the show, would be years later, with akari, and on a separate spin off manga, probably really really short
Mar 26, 2018 5:59 AM

May 2012
They already looked like a married couple sitting under the kotatsu.
Mar 28, 2018 8:00 AM
Oct 2017
But....just how old is Hina :p
For me that age gap is a bit weird, Rei is almost finishing High School so he must be kinda like 17 or 18, and Hina is barely getting into High School so, she must be at least 13 or 14....I´m currently 19 and I would never find myself capable of going out with a girl way younger than me....and what makes it worst haha, she is 14 FFS!!!
Ma boy Rei should look girls his age or older, no little girls.
I dont understand this japanese thing of liking little girls...for me its weird, maybe I take it too real. Whatever happens gonna still keep on watching the show tho imma feel weird as F***!!! I´M 19 BTW!!!!
Mar 28, 2018 9:55 AM
Jan 2017
2008,summer
Age of character
Rei 18
Hina 14~15
Momo 4~5
Akari 23
Mar 31, 2018 4:38 PM
Oct 2017
Rei x Kyouko is nonsense guys (literally unrealistic). Please be realistic.They are just sibling.

I ship hina and rei, they are so cute af. I suggest you guys to check and read a manga. Rei proposal to hina about marrying her in the future.

by the way, hina will be going to same school with rei. So hina and rei walk together to go school everyday. So happy.
Mar 31, 2018 4:46 PM
Oct 2017
age different of rei and hina about 3 years. Besides, my parent about 7 years , and they married! 😃
santypyoMar 31, 2018 4:51 PM
Apr 2, 2018 11:11 PM
Aug 2015
as long as rei not with momo its okay lol.
but i really like reixkyouko, they have their own chemistry when met. and i always see rei is part of kawamoto family.
Apr 5, 2018 10:59 AM

Sep 2015
santypyo said:
Rei x Kyouko is nonsense guys (literally unrealistic). Please be realistic.They are just sibling.

I ship hina and rei, they are so cute af. I suggest you guys to check and read a manga. Rei proposal to hina about marrying her in the future.

by the way, hina will be going to same school with rei. So hina and rei walk together to go school everyday. So happy.

I already knew, but SPOILER ALERT!
Apr 7, 2018 7:25 PM
Jun 2016
landofthekwt said:
Major manga spoilers ahead

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

what are the reasons? :O
Apr 30, 2018 10:17 AM

Feb 2016
I guess it really depends on how you see these two characters. You can say they have a close ''Brother and sister''- bond but you can also say that there are some romantic feels to it. Hina x Rei actually makes a lot of sense to me and I actually think they are really adorable together. Especially after reading more of the Manga (I don't want to say any spoilers), I feel like Rei does have a crush on her. Not really official but it seems like that to me. Well... I don't know if this ship will ever be canon but I would love it. They have such a great relationship.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
May 2, 2018 7:22 AM

Jun 2017
I haven't read the manga so I can't say for sure, but I think that the probability of those two getting into a relationship with each other is very likely considering the hints that we have gotten so far in the anime.

Plus, even after ignoring all that, I think they complement each other well.

「幸せです」

「悲しんでいます」

「正しいです」

「間違っています」
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

252 by LangleyAsuka »»
Jun 22, 10:44 PM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2017

127 by samsince04 »»
Jun 11, 8:59 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

moodie - Mar 10, 2018

113 by Randomega »»
Jun 4, 7:42 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

107 by Randomega »»
Jun 3, 9:21 PM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

85 by Randomega »»
Jun 3, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.