Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 12, 2016 5:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah this episode definitely felt like it was better than before.

We got light saber mecha duel and Ouma had trouble fighting. I still find Yukina rather useless during the whole thing. Felt kinda bad for Ouma getting injured as well. One little interesting I noticed is that Noelle got some combat screen time in, about time. I kinda like Ouma's fighting spirit though.

May 12, 2016 6:26 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly i was thinking the kid with the camera had his death flag raised the entire episode and i doubt he survived that explosion.
Guess we will have to see next week.
In any case their opponents are humans or at least look human which is interesting in a way.
What could their goal be.
May 12, 2016 6:45 AM
Dec 2011
Can i dare to say, this is better Kabaneri's episode 4?
And anyone think the fight feels like a Dark Souls fight, i mean rolling and shielding everywhere lol.

Aversa said:
Honestly i was thinking the kid with the camera had his death flag raised the entire episode and i doubt he survived that explosion.
Guess we will have to see next week.
In any case their opponents are humans or at least look human which is interesting in a way.
What could their goal be.

Highly dobut they will die.
But at least they didn't influenced(ruined) the fight in this episode, not even when Kuromukuro running away from the explosion, so i don't really care they died or not lol.
D-JoeMay 12, 2016 7:27 AM
May 12, 2016 8:28 AM

May 2014
Those were some good battle scenes
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
May 12, 2016 9:12 AM

Sep 2015
The relic they are riding comfirmed to be from outer space, consider there is no way they can make the relic decades ago. From this, we can expect the one who ride it Ken is also from the outer space. The weapon they carry are poisonous to each other also.

Eventhou the outer spaces humans seem to have op technology, but their ideology and traditions are the same as old time Japan. I doubt the princess is dead, she might still be in the spaceship, those op technology can preserve life with no problem which samething happen to Ken. IF the princess is still alive, then japanese will be easy for those outer space humans.
valvravetruthMay 12, 2016 9:23 AM
May 12, 2016 10:25 AM

Jul 2015
So there is this alien human dude inside that machine and he self destructed. Lol at those two guys chasing the fight
May 12, 2016 10:26 AM

Dec 2014
Those battle scenes tho...really nice

was quite surprised to find out who is inside the Yellow Crab tbh
May 12, 2016 11:34 AM

May 2015
This has gotta be my favorite episode of this season so far. It was awesome, it was epic and it was exciting.

How the plane went close-up combat and got taken down after it got me goosebumps. Can't forget the fantastic BGM either. I liked how our characters were shown to be not that OP, and that it's not just the MC either, but the other characters were involved as well. Can't blame Yukina for being like that. It was terrifying. She wasn't that useless either. I bet Ouma would've gotten killed already without her. That ending though, some unexpected shit. Things made a little bit more sense at that.

Only thing that bothered me this episode was the camera dude. He was really annoying. But other than that, best episode so far.
ReverberateMay 12, 2016 11:46 AM

May 12, 2016 12:06 PM

May 2013
Reverberate__ said:

Only thing that bothered me this episode was the camera dude. He was really annoying. But other than that, best episode so far.

He representing young man who curious about something and in any situation grabbed their smartphone and uploaded to internet. I don't like him either, but can related with.

wow this close. Yukina's stage fright is normal.
May 12, 2016 1:15 PM

Apr 2014
nice battle !!
so the oni had a human inside ...who was him??
ken is is a warriorrrrrrrrrrr
May 12, 2016 7:28 PM

Nov 2014
4/5 for the battles only....

so the demons are japanese? something is really going on the background that i like, now i'm more hype to the story
May 12, 2016 11:36 PM
Jul 2015
If that camera dude survived, I'm gonna skip every scene he has in this anime. I hope he do me a favour and get blasted away by that explosion, especially when some scenes were wasted on him being all "Dude! I want to get closer!".

Anyway, this episode is great. Loved the battles, not too linearly OP but with some struggle.
Though I felt like something is missing throughout the episode, maybe it's the emotion or the atmosphere.
May 12, 2016 11:42 PM

Jan 2015
Now this is some serious battle unlike I've seen before in the series. Not to mention that "Demon" blade are really piercing right through the cockpit.
And who is that samurai coming out from the "Demon" and blew himself up? It seems that Kennosuke knows nothing about him.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 12, 2016 11:52 PM

Jan 2015
Wut? A human? And he seems to come from the past

Epic episode
May 13, 2016 1:05 AM

Nov 2015
God the mecha action felt so good.
This anime is one of the underrated ones this season...
This brings the potential of a larger world and a rich background for the show.
I just hope they do something about Yukina, she seemed clueless and useless the whole time.
May 13, 2016 1:24 AM
Mar 2009
Good fights, but I about lost it when the AC-130 went down. Who the hell was flying that thing? It could've done it's job several thousand feet up without any difficulty. I just thought it was a dumb thing to do.

I figured that the Artifact/Glongur(?) was 'borrowed' from the enemy. I guess we get to try to figure out if Ken is the original pilot or inherited it from someone else. If the alien is a Frontier Reform Officer, does that make the humans colonists? prisoners? is the Earth a penal colony, a galactic Australia?

Guess we'll find out...

4/5 ...stupid AC-130 pilot.
May 13, 2016 1:54 AM
Jan 2012
bear808 said:
Good fights, but I about lost it when the AC-130 went down. Who the hell was flying that thing? It could've done it's job several thousand feet up without any difficulty. I just thought it was a dumb thing to do.

I figured that the Artifact/Glongur(?) was 'borrowed' from the enemy. I guess we get to try to figure out if Ken is the original pilot or inherited it from someone else. If the alien is a Frontier Reform Officer, does that make the humans colonists? prisoners? is the Earth a penal colony, a galactic Australia?

Guess we'll find out...

4/5 ...stupid AC-130 pilot.

That's probably because the shots were being deflected when they were fired from afar. The pilot probably hoped that the shots could penetrate if they were fired nearer to the target.
May 13, 2016 2:02 AM

Jan 2009
fuck the alien enemies are actually humans and they are samurais too lol
May 13, 2016 2:37 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Gotta love that chanting bgm, goes really well with the samurai theme. And as someone who is rather indifferent to mech fights most of the time, I have to say, this was some pretty cool fighting. I like the rolling around bit, although I do wonder if it's breaking physics considering how big and heavy the mechs (keep forgetting their name, starts with a D) are, but eh, I don't really know physics that well and I like it. The Yellow Crab's arm is a cool idea too, that's really advantageous since it's something that no one has fought against before (or trained for), and the arm keeps giving you the element of surprise.

I can't say I was completely surprised by a human coming out of the Yellow Crab, I just can't imagine actual aliens coming out. Most aliens in anime are bipedal and human-like anyways, so I'd rather see a human than a human-like alien. Things are getting more interesting, lots of questions about the enemy now.

One last note, I appreciate them showing Yukina's fear and confusion, I mean, she really doesn't want to be there nor does she know what to.
May 13, 2016 3:35 AM

May 2014
Cool mech designs and awesome fighting scenes! Dem pilot suits just look unappealing though. This is quite good for a studio that's first time doing a mecha original series
May 13, 2016 3:52 AM

May 2012
BaptizED said:
Cool mech designs and awesome fighting scenes! Dem pilot suits just look unappealing though. This is quite good for a studio that's first time doing a mecha original series

Exactly. I am so used watching all the studio's slice of life or fantasy themed series that I was kinda hesitant to watch this at first. But damn, they are really doing a good job as of now. Nice fights scenes.
May 13, 2016 4:02 AM
Jul 2018
The fights are actually very good.

And, what? Human came out from the oni-suit? I'm baffled.
May 13, 2016 4:43 AM

Jun 2013
the fights are good and intense a human was inside it alright this is getting good
May 13, 2016 5:20 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was truly some of the best mecha fights that I've seen in years

What makes this episode even more amazing though was that big reveal at the end showing that these powerful mechs that aren't headless are actually piloted by people - And I'm willing to bet that they're the remnants of Kenny's people

And that giant explosion at the end....Jesus Christ I did not expect that and I really hope that nobody died because of it

Amazing episode overall, the tone, intensity and suspense were all perfect and I can't wait to find out what happens next
May 13, 2016 6:25 AM

Dec 2013
The battle scenes were decent, but somehow a bit clunky still. I thought the two Gars battle movements were smoother than Ouma's artifact. Then again, it could be just them mimicking the movements of ancient samurai like in those Kurosawa movies.

I really don't think those two kids deserve to survive though. They snuck into a battle-zone knowing the risks. They should be held responsible for their own lives.

Here's a thought though. If the artifact is the same as the alien's ships, then they should be of a similar make. Then...... shouldn't there have been TWO aliens crawling out of the alien frame?

Let's hope Yukina doesn't get traumatized from that close shave with death.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 13, 2016 8:02 AM

Mar 2016
So... there are people inside in demons? O.O
Great battle, but Yukina isn't doing a thing... :D
May 13, 2016 8:29 AM

Feb 2013
So the aliens are humans, huh. That was a nice plot twist. Kinda suspected that when I saw Ouma's mecha bleeding.
Go on, P.A. Works! You are doing a great job :D
May 13, 2016 9:28 AM

Feb 2014
I wasn't expecting a human to come out of the Yellow Crab, but I'm surprised that there's only one pilot though. His choice to blow himself up at the end was brutal. Whether that caught the curious camera dude and his buddy in the explosion, who knows, but if they do survive, then they only have themselves to blame for their injuries, assuming that they do have any.

Overall, this episode had some thrilling action, nicely choreographed as well from P.A. Works. =)

The OST also gets my thumbs up for being epic before AND during the fight too!
May 13, 2016 9:35 AM
May 2010
So far this is the best mecha fight, it not flashy and high speed but it's nicely choreographed.

I have to agree that it's kinda of a surprised how well PA works handle their first mecha anime
May 13, 2016 9:52 AM

Dec 2014
I like fights but more is enjoyed when konnosuke takes the spot light......
that ego... something guy though... does that mean Konnosuke is also an alien
I highly doubt it though
May 13, 2016 12:03 PM
Oct 2013
For an ordinary girl, Yukina is fairly calm throughout the fight.
If I see a giant blade piercing into the cockpit like that, I'll probably be out for the rest of the fight.
May 13, 2016 12:39 PM

Feb 2015
Bravo PA Works that was some great Mecha action. The CG is spot on in this series as well. Best Mecha since Knights of Sidonia? Probably. More people should be watching this.

Nice twist at the end, didn't see that coming
May 13, 2016 1:44 PM

May 2015
alyya said:
Reverberate__ said:

He representing young man who curious about something and in any situation grabbed their smartphone and uploaded to internet. I don't like him either, but can related with.

wow this close. Yukina's stage fright is normal.

I actually didn't give a thought to the curiosity. Guess that's true when it comes to these high school students, lmao. The guy was still annoying though.

May 13, 2016 2:56 PM

Mar 2015
I am very much enjoying this show. And I think its the first time I've seen a Specter gunship in an anime lol.
The sword that takes life gives life
May 13, 2016 4:23 PM
Feb 2011
tingy said:
I like the rolling around bit, although I do wonder if it's breaking physics considering how big and heavy the mechs (keep forgetting their name, starts with a D) are, but eh, I don't really know physics that well and I like it.

I believe the show says they have a magical gravity control system so doing impossible rolls or say standing on the roof of a terminal hall is all possible due to said magical gravitational control system which is also a fairly effective projectile shield it seems.

Obviously breaking real world physics but they have an in universe type of magical technology to explain it away so all is fine. They even demonstrate it when they jump ontop of the terminal hall the shield/field/support gravity thing is used to break the fall while the roof still cracks from the standing weight of the giant mech. If a giant mech just jumped right ontop of a building it would just crash right through because of its high intertia.

Rolling around quickly is just another bonus of having physics breaking gravity control.
May 13, 2016 4:42 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
poiuytrewq said:
tingy said:
I like the rolling around bit, although I do wonder if it's breaking physics considering how big and heavy the mechs (keep forgetting their name, starts with a D) are, but eh, I don't really know physics that well and I like it.

I believe the show says they have a magical gravity control system so doing impossible rolls or say standing on the roof of a terminal hall is all possible due to said magical gravitational control system which is also a fairly effective projectile shield it seems.

Obviously breaking real world physics but they have an in universe type of magical technology to explain it away so all is fine. They even demonstrate it when they jump ontop of the terminal hall the shield/field/support gravity thing is used to break the fall while the roof still cracks from the standing weight of the giant mech. If a giant mech just jumped right ontop of a building it would just crash right through because of its high intertia.

Rolling around quickly is just another bonus of having physics breaking gravity control.

Ohh I see, I totally missed that they have some sort of gravity control system, everything makes sense now :D Thanks for the clarification!
May 13, 2016 5:56 PM
Nov 2012
Camera guy kind of annoyed me but i doubt he will be killed.
May 13, 2016 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
So the Kuromukuro "betrayed" the invaders and sided with the "enemy". So I guess we're the enemy? Are we supposed to be fighting a war that everyone forgot about? Oops. Listen guys, we're not your enemy. We don't even know you!
May 13, 2016 10:26 PM
Mar 2012
Glowing pilot suite might be similar thing to the blue dancing lights in mc's mech.
Giant sword into their cockpit was surprising. Not sure if hs girl wants to be there anymore.
Quite rare entire episode dedicated to one fight. Balanced abilities, some quick tactics, grunts got stronger too, and Sophie's shoulder lock.
The first extended arm chopping the plane was quite something.
Alien/humans from another era/planet? Kyouma, or his mech at least were from the aliens somehow, but his mech seems more immune to that sword infection.
May 13, 2016 10:42 PM

Apr 2011
People who's saying Yukina is useless needs to take a chill pill. She isn't useless as she's giving Ken advice telling who's attacking or not. She's his additional eyesight on the battlefield. Secondly, its her second time inside the robot and still needs a lot of learning.
May 14, 2016 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative uses most of his time in a different way this time. A bit sorry, but the action from time to time it takes. The fights are not as bad as choreography, but fail to get excited me, as often it happens in the analogous series of Gundam, oh well! Sometimes, I can not stand the "bureaucracy" that is in force during crisis management, however, I liked to see how the activity takes place in moments of crisis in the laboratory of the United Nations. Excellent quality of drawings and animations, ditto for the CG. The end, however, has not caught me by surprise, maybe I've seen too many anime.
I hope to see again soon Koharu, it is too cute and nice. >_<
May 14, 2016 6:24 AM

May 2010
Looks like this shitty anime might become interesting.
May 14, 2016 8:52 AM

Sep 2015
Whats with the "extra" translations, especially the word 'dullahan'. The subs should try to be as close as to the what the japanese said, not to change to a more abbreviate word or adding extra words.
May 14, 2016 9:57 AM
Sep 2015
calvinlo said:
bear808 said:
Good fights, but I about lost it when the AC-130 went down. Who the hell was flying that thing? It could've done it's job several thousand feet up without any difficulty. I just thought it was a dumb thing to do

That's probably because the shots were being deflected when they were fired from afar. The pilot probably hoped that the shots could penetrate if they were fired nearer to the target.

This.

If you watch again, you'll notice that when he flew lower/closer, at least one of the round from the howitzer connected instead of being deflected.

As well, he probably thought he was out of reach of the crab's right shoulder blade. I'll admit, I didn't recognize the left shoulder as a Shenlong-style arm either until he took out the AC-130.
May 14, 2016 12:46 PM

Dec 2015
Fighting scenes were great to watch, and nicely choreographed. Didn't expect a human (alien) to come out of there. Plot twist. This is getting interesting, looking forward to find out more.

May 14, 2016 2:40 PM

Nov 2015
That was intense and interesting! Yukina was lowkey useless tho.

May 14, 2016 5:45 PM

Oct 2008
are the two male classmates of Yukina fodders already??!?
4/5.

May 14, 2016 6:22 PM

Dec 2007
AluSsak said:
So... there are people inside in demons? O.O
Great battle, but Yukina isn't doing a thing... :D
It was highly predictable. I've expected it almost since the beginning. Most likely, Ken's clan was founded by defectors, which was how they had a unit and the other pilot considered him a traitor.
The only question was whether the aliens were humans to begin with, or they simply make use of abducted humans as soldiers and laborers.

das_nooblet said:
calvinlo said:

This.

If you watch again, you'll notice that when he flew lower/closer, at least one of the round from the howitzer connected instead of being deflected.

As well, he probably thought he was out of reach of the crab's right shoulder blade. I'll admit, I didn't recognize the left shoulder as a Shenlong-style arm either until he took out the AC-130.
Yes. It had already been established that weapons fired from inside the field connect, while those fired from outside are deflected. If anything, it's the other guys who keep firing from outside the field knowing this who look like idiots. The fly-by was actually pretty solid thinking.

Rather, the issue was one of weapon. The big gun on an AC-130 is an M102 105mm howitzer (Vietnam-era). It fires high explosive shells only, and relatively small ones at that. It's of dubious value against modern armor without a lucky shot. The tactic was sound, the platform was right - no other combat aircraft could do that fly-by without near certainty of crashing into it - but they needed a good tank cannon to have much chance of doing serious damage. However, had that damage been done, the mech's weapon would be irrelevant - it can't do much with it after suffering crippling or fatal damage. That may have been part of what the crew of the AC-130 were thinking.

Actually, what struck me the most was HESH. For those that don't know, HESH rounds are basically plastic explosives that compress into a mound on the target's surface before detonating. This shape directs powerful shock waves into the target and, on simple steel plates, causes massive fragmentation and spalling on the interior. It does not penetrate, but causes enough havoc inside to completely disable older tanks with ease. It was most notably used to telling effect by Israelis in the 1950s, '60s, and early '70s - and allowing them to recover and use many knocked out enemy tanks themselves. However, spaced and layered armor, which had become standard by the '80s, rendered the round obsolete in that role. It's now mainly used by engineers for attacking bunkers and fortifications. If it's obsolete against modern armor, it should be of dubious value against the enemy mechs.
May 14, 2016 8:05 PM

Apr 2011
Anyone feel the evangelion vibes when those two of Shinji's classmates went too close to watch the battle?

And it seems the anime visuals is giving clues that Noelle and Ken would get closer and closer and possibly take a liking to him?
May 14, 2016 8:49 PM

Nov 2011
staying for the fights
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

142 by JVskunkape »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

106 by gswelcome »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:54 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

66 by lisalosthername »»
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

46 by L01MK »»
Feb 3, 2023 3:50 PM

» 5 Years Anniversary Event

bastek66 - May 11, 2021

1 by Cabron »»
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.