Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2020 10:41 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
korean scans are out on reddit /r/ShingekiNoKyojin

and lol the muslim kids got squashed by the foot of the collossal titans
and Eren is feeling guilty about it

Eren then thinking to stop the cycle of hate just kill all the haters
Eren now listening to "heal the world" song by Michael Jackson lol

meanwhile Armin x Annie is confirmed
Aug 4, 2020 11:03 AM

Oct 2017
We saw more of what Eren was thinking in the past when he was planning to massacre everyone outside the wall and ofc he was concflicted but he still chose to kill them in the end. Doing so he finally found freedom or so he thinks but is this really the freedom he was looking for? I wonder.

Looks like Armin x Annie ship is sailing, I mean he did kept visiting her and talk to her even thou she was in that state. Thou I feel like one of them is gonna die. Annie blushing was cute.
MegamiRemAug 13, 2020 1:03 AM
Aug 4, 2020 11:38 AM
Jul 2017
Either Annie or Armin is gonna die. But I hope not.
I see that bertolt's memories are particularly strong as far as Annie is concerned.
Talk no jutsu chapter next time.

Also eren looks like he's in a real need of a psychiatrist. Poor dude. Must suck being him.
Also RIP sekai.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Aug 4, 2020 12:10 PM
Apr 2019
This is the problem, how did Eren reached this conclusion is completely upto viewers/readers. Wouldn’t it be good to see his inner conflicts before he decided to start rumbling?
Aug 4, 2020 12:18 PM

Mar 2016
after this chapter people can't say eren is just a monster who has no second thoughts about genocide, i'm not justifying his actions but he is clearly suffering and unfortunately he can't see another way, he does it for freedom, for his people and his island.

Aug 4, 2020 12:20 PM

Jan 2009
parona said:
after this chapter people can't say eren is just a monster who has no second thoughts about genocide, i'm not justifying his actions but he is clearly suffering and unfortunately he can't see another way, he does it for freedom, for his people and his island.

sure but as you said its still bad like the saying my freedom starts when your freedom ends in this case the freedom of the entire world must end according to Erens logic

Aug 4, 2020 12:26 PM

Apr 2019
Very sad chapter but well needed. Eren fully knowing he is going to exterminate millions of people, those who he believes do and no not deserve it, but to complete his plan he must do it.

Aug 4, 2020 12:45 PM

Mar 2016
deg said:
sure but as you said its still bad like the saying my freedom starts when your freedom ends in this case the freedom of the entire world must end according to Erens logic

exactly, if eren has his freedom back at the cost of others losing theirs, won't that continue the cycle of endless hate and violence? he has such a conflicting mindset and i wish he'd been able to find another way but i'm not going to pretend i would come up with different and "better" solutions for the dilemmas he's facing in the cruel world they live in.

Aug 4, 2020 12:51 PM

Jun 2014
Was that loli Ymir we saw in the panel before Ramzi got crushed? Are we in End of Evangelion now?

Amazing chapter, Isayama really knows how to make you feel the feels. I was scared he'd lost his magic touch when we got the trash that was 124-129 but it appears I was worried for nothing.

Aug 4, 2020 12:59 PM

Apr 2019
Okay this chapter made it clear that Eren has psychopathic nature to him and that his sense of freedom is totalitarian and crushing any opposition to him.
Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.
Aug 4, 2020 1:02 PM

Apr 2019
Pernodi said:
Was that loli Ymir we saw in the panel before Ramzi got crushed? Are we in End of Evangelion now?

Amazing chapter, Isayama really knows how to make you feel the feels. I was scared he'd lost his magic touch when we got the trash that was 124-129 but it appears I was worried for nothing.
Pernodi said:

It is my guess is that ymir will take control of the rumbling at some point and everyone eren included will have to team up to stop her. When you look at it ymir is currently playing the exact same role that rei played in EoE.
Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.
Aug 4, 2020 1:04 PM

Apr 2019
Wow I guess that Eren = Bird theory ended up legit. Something tells me Isayama is prepping for another basement-tier twist
Aug 4, 2020 1:18 PM

Jan 2009
Annie saying to Armin why the fuck are we flirting in the middle of the rumbling where millions are getting killed is lol

i guess this will end in the paths dimension we already saw Armin talk to Eren for a few moments in the paths

ye talk no jutsu is coming lets go Armin

its clear to me now the titans power is the problem maybe Ymir will get rid of all the titan power as its a curse
Aug 4, 2020 1:40 PM

Mar 2014
Ramzi's death animated will probably be even more disturbing than Mike's death

Eren is full of guilt and self-loathing, which comes as no surprise to anyone other than those fans who were adamant that he's a psychopath who enjoys the rumbling

I have questions about Ymir manifesting irl before Ramzi died, and kid Eren seeing Armin in paths. Goddamn it this chapter was so depressing. I love how Isayama connected chapter 123 to this one.
Aug 4, 2020 1:42 PM

Jan 2009
Eren is a psycho-PATHS *the puns*
Aug 4, 2020 1:42 PM

Jul 2019
We got to see more of Eren's inner conflict. Which shows how much he didn't want to do this. I love it

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Aug 4, 2020 1:52 PM
May 2016
Fucking fantastic chapter, holy shit. I'm so glad we got to see things from the perspective of Eren, "that scenery" was something else. I'm glad to see how strongly the narrative has tied him to Armin in the end too, I'm really looking forward to seeing the final conversation between the main trio in the coming chapters. It was incredibly heavy seeing this from the perspective of the victims of the Rumbling, and from Eren's inner-turmoil at knowing just what he was going to do. What a fantastic character.

Isayama's really been putting out his best recently, the Rumbling's destruction is unrelenting as all hell and brutal as fuck to actually watch, the artwork's been fantastic.
Aug 4, 2020 2:03 PM

Nov 2019
Another great chapter, we get to see more of Eren's thought and suffering. Though something is off with the birds in aot.
Southerntop7Aug 4, 2020 5:50 PM
Aug 4, 2020 2:05 PM
Dec 2018
snniiiiiffffff said:
Wow I guess that Eren = Bird theory ended up legit. Something tells me Isayama is prepping for another basement-tier twist

Let's keep remembering there's a pretty good chance we still don't know the real power of the Beast Titan. Maybe the Beast Titan looks like an animal for a reason, so he's somehow able to connect with other forms of lifes. Then there's Zeke who we haven't seen for a long time...And I can imagine well Eren is most certainly playing a role in Zeke disappearing for now...
Aug 4, 2020 2:06 PM

Jan 2009
snniiiiiffffff said:

bird theory? is it because birds can fly symbolizes freedom?

i never heard of this bird theory until now
Aug 4, 2020 2:17 PM

Feb 2016
My, what a depressing and horrifying chapter ;_;

It seems Eren didn't want to do this, but he had no choice but to do so. All his beliefs were crushed once he got outside of the walls, nothing were like he and Armin dreamed once.

Something about this reminds me of Hunter x Hunter's questionable morality of Gon.

Some panels were nightmare fuel this month. It is going to be dreadful once it gets animated, censored or not.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 4, 2020 2:22 PM

Jul 2016
I don't want to doubt the animation makers, but I really hope they adapt this well. I'm not sure how you would go about doing this endgame stuff. I hope the impact translates into the another medium.
Aug 4, 2020 2:44 PM
May 2016
I have been Team Eren since day 1 but damn Isayama. These people are really innocent, not knowing a bit what's going on. I don't care shit for Marley and especially warriors even after a whole arc dedicated to generate sympathy towards them. They should die the way these people now did. I know many marleyans died too, but warriors are still safe so.

But Isayama in just 1 chapter made me feel for these people. And Eren's inner conflict and his love for people of paradise is just too much to bear
Aug 4, 2020 3:26 PM

May 2015
Well, there's no shying away from what actually is going on down there because of Eren. None of the people deserve it but Eren is the first one to understand this. He seems like a bird in a cage. So obsessed with freedom, almost touching it, but still, not yet free, if ever will be. It's like the fate itself is holding him like a slave. What an irony. And really, I don't know who to feel sorry for anymore.
Aug 4, 2020 3:41 PM

Jul 2010
Ameen_Aftab said:
I have been Team Eren since day 1 but damn Isayama. These people are really innocent, not knowing a bit what's going on. I don't care shit for Marley and especially warriors even after a whole arc dedicated to generate sympathy towards them. They should die the way these people now did. I know many marleyans died too, but warriors are still safe so.

But Isayama in just 1 chapter made me feel for these people. And Eren's inner conflict and his love for people of paradise is just too much to bear

Imagine if Alliance SOMEHOW stops Eren and Rumbling, but majority of those who really deserved to die and posed real threat to Paradise will still be alive... oh sweet irony
Aug 4, 2020 3:42 PM

Apr 2019
deg said:

Iirc one of the memory shards last chapter was the scene from 91 with Falco reaching toward the sky from the bird's POV, something Eren had no way to have seen. Right after that, we had Eren's inner monologue transition into a shot of a bird flying over the Marleyan ships. Both of these lead a bunch of people to believe Eren might somehow be watching through the bird, which ended up being all but confirmed this chapter with all the alternating between Eren's POV and panels of birds watching, especially that one at the end. Idk how Eren is doing it or what purpose it will serve in the story, but I'm now 99% sure Isayama still has some tricks up his sleeve for the next chapters.
Aug 4, 2020 3:45 PM

Jan 2009
snniiiiiffffff said:
deg said:

Iirc one of the memory shards last chapter was the scene from 91 with Falco reaching toward the sky from the bird's POV, something Eren had no way to have seen. Right after that, we had Eren's inner monologue transition into a shot of a bird flying over the Marleyan ships. Both of these lead a bunch of people to believe Eren might somehow be watching through the bird, which ended up being all but confirmed this chapter with all the alternating between Eren's POV and panels of birds watching, especially that one at the end. Idk how Eren is doing it or what purpose it will serve in the story, but I'm now 99% sure Isayama still has some tricks up his sleeve for the next chapters.

thats interesting so Eren can somehow possess birds lol but ye hopefully Isayama develop that more
Aug 4, 2020 4:00 PM

Jun 2015
Amazing chapter

Eren is a slave to his desire of freedom, but Is that desire really his own?
Aug 4, 2020 4:15 PM

Jul 2017
Bruh... I need me some Aikatsu after this lol

This chapter was just depressing, I damn-near teared up. Eren has been twisted just as much as the freedom he seeks. It feels like there could be more at work that gave rise to that desire tho. There was a small panel of Ymir watching in on this. Got some theorising to do.

Bird theory looks like it could be confirmed after this. Yams is definitely gonna pull another fast one on us.

Finally got the Armin and Annie interaction I've been waiting for. It was quite sweet.
AttackonfillerAug 4, 2020 4:20 PM

Aug 4, 2020 4:34 PM

Apr 2013
Oh my god the RUMBLING was portrayed violently and perfectly through those 2 kids. Mindblowing chapter. I’ll get the end out of the way: we got some Annie x Armin panels and conversation somewhat interesting but not really. Armin has more balls than Eren when it comes to girls tho. But the rumbling itself, wow. Great panels and spreads that show absolute carnage and I cannot wait to see it animated. Eren confirmed three eyed raven.

Edit: Also the panel with Ymir showing up has me question if Eren is actually the one in control. Looks like he’s sleeping.

Mod Edit: Removed an edited spoiler
KarinaraApr 12, 2022 1:38 PM
Aug 4, 2020 4:38 PM

Sep 2018
Sad chapter, seeing those 2 kids being crushed to death it's just hurtful
I keep moving forward
Aug 4, 2020 5:17 PM
Jun 2015
parona said:
deg said:

exactly, if eren has his freedom back at the cost of others losing theirs, won't that continue the cycle of endless hate and violence? he has such a conflicting mindset and i wish he'd been able to find another way but i'm not going to pretend i would come up with different and "better" solutions for the dilemmas he's facing in the cruel world they live in.

Yeah but the cycle would be ended since everyone else is dead lol
Aug 4, 2020 5:18 PM

Oct 2019
Wow. Most depressing fucking chapter in the whole series. This chapter manged to even beat 130 for me. This is honestly too good to be true.

I'm also happy to see that Armin is finally getting some importance. It looks like he will be geting relevant in upcoming chapters which is great because he was my favorite pre timeskip.

If he is going by this pace then I think it's good to assume that by percent left Isayama was only guessing about STORY and not chapters. This good because it seems like Isayama is not rushing it and telling it at it's best pace.

Aug 4, 2020 5:40 PM

Oct 2017
I guess the bird theory is confirmed? The ducks were always a strange shot to me back in episode 1. I wonder what Isayama is plotting now....
Aug 4, 2020 7:06 PM
Mar 2020
MakingTheMaouCry said:
Either Annie or Armin is gonna die. But I hope not.
I see that bertolt's memories are particularly strong as far as Annie is concerned.
Talk no jutsu chapter next time.

Also eren looks like he's in a real need of a psychiatrist. Poor dude. Must suck being him.
Also RIP sekai.

If Annie and Armin get together in the end it would not feel out of place to me.
Aug 4, 2020 7:46 PM

Oct 2014
eren what have u done :( yo that panel of those kids getting stepped on is now tied with mike and marlowe's deaths as the worst for me

like someone said earlier, were in the end of eva stage of the series LMAO this can honestly go so many ways, most of the characters that are currently alive are some of my favorite fictional characters and there's no way on earth that they're all getting out safe, i've been reading the last ten chapters with my breath held

Aug 4, 2020 8:53 PM

Oct 2015
best chapter in a while.Mappa will habe a lot of work for sure.
Aug 4, 2020 9:08 PM
Jan 2016
So, this says that Eren already knew, that he would destroy the world in the future. If he didn't want the world to be destroyed as planned, than he would try to change destiny, which I don't think always ends up in a good end. If you try to change destiny, maybe even something worse befalls. Like the final destination movies.
Aug 4, 2020 9:30 PM

May 2018
seeing Eren cry was.... emotional. He's been pretty fucking cold ever since we started the post time skip arc, to see him break down and apologize was very surreal. Depressing as well. If it wasn't obvious enough already, this chapter really hammered down the point that there will be no happy ending for anyone at all in this series.

Aug 4, 2020 9:48 PM

Jul 2020
Eren be like: Can't be a racist if there are no other races.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2020 10:14 PM

Apr 2018
I wonder what the rumbling titans feet smell like? Probably really crusty seeing as they've been in a wall for a 100 years. Good chapter.
Aug 4, 2020 11:06 PM
Feb 2020
Weebookey said:
I guess the bird theory is confirmed? The ducks were always a strange shot to me back in episode 1. I wonder what Isayama is plotting now....

What is this bird theory everybody keeps talking about?
Aug 4, 2020 11:21 PM

Oct 2019
Damn what a terrifying chapter.
Aug 4, 2020 11:22 PM

Oct 2019
Jungle_King said:
Weebookey said:

What is this bird theory everybody keeps talking about?

Look at comment number 27
Aug 4, 2020 11:38 PM

May 2020
Damn, what a depressing chapter... I already had a few images in my mind about the carnage the rumbling would bring but seeing it panel by panel, not the marleyans - but the refugees... heartbreak isn't even enough word to express my feelings.

Isayama always showed a cold and calculated Eren since the post time skip. The previous chapter, he was like the devil personified. But this chapter shows Eren's inner turmoil all bared in the eyes of a child. I never really felt how heavy and significant the words "I'm so sorry" was until now. But at this point in the manga, I guess that's the only thing Eren could say to these innocent people.
bluishred29Aug 4, 2020 11:50 PM
Aug 5, 2020 1:28 AM
Sep 2018
Great chapter. This chapter should have made people reconsider whether they really want the rumbling to be executed in its entirety. At least I am wishing that rumbling should be somehow stopped. Seeing those innocent kids getting crushed was very disturbing. Damn how horrifying it is going to be when animated and if not censored.
So we finally saw that scenery. I wonder if this as far as Eren has seen in future memories. If even Eren doesn't know what's ahead from this point then there are chances of him getting somehow stopped. After all, he is still in Marley so a good portion of the world should still be safe. I think Marley and its allies getting completely destroyed while still, several nations remaining safe would be a perfect middle ground ending instead of either of the extremes.
This chapter also made it painfully obvious how guilty Eren is feeling. How much depressed he is. He was left with this as the only option. He saw the future which was set in stone. He, again and again, wished for the future he saw to somehow change but to no avail.
Ymir appearing in front of the kid getting crushed. What could this mean? Well whatever it is, we can expect yet another mind-boggling reveal in the next chapters. Something totally unexpected and completely convincing.
Only 4 -5 more chapters left. As much as I want to read the next chapters at this very moment, knowing that it is going to end very soon is already making me sad.
Why the last panel mentions continued in October edition? Would these mean no September chapter?
Aug 5, 2020 1:31 AM

Nov 2015
Fuck we need more!!!!!

It's the endgame!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2020 1:47 AM

May 2018
Not even the shipping can cure the depression I felt from this chapter, fuck!

Aug 5, 2020 1:55 AM

Oct 2016
That panel of smol Eren is beautifully terrifying. A really great chapter, we see Eren's internal conflicts deep down inside he don't wanna massacre all these innocent people but, he is the Attack Titan and his continuous pursuit of freedom will never stop.

All aboard the Armin X Annie ship, though I can't tell if it is just the Bert talking or if Armin actually genuinely has feelings for Annie, probably both.
Aug 5, 2020 3:31 AM

Jan 2009
Hhguf said:
Isayama has failed
The punishment for cutting off the thief's hand is only for the rich and adults
Not for children and the poor

1/5 Because this mistake

I like AOT but I am sad because Isayama he conveyed a wrong idea about Muslims

what if you view it as an alternate reality or alternate history?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 122 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Arjuna777 - Oct 4, 2019

246 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 2:16 PM

» Is Chapter 140 & 141 coming?

KMohZaid - Aug 30, 2021

7 by TheFlyingOrange »»
Yesterday, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 123 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Arjuna777 - Nov 6, 2019

220 by Berry-Vodka »»
Sep 24, 12:37 AM

» Do you think that Attack on Titan might have a similar ending like Code Geass? (Zero requiem) (spoilers for both series)

ryth1 - Mar 29, 2020

29 by ryth1 »»
Sep 13, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2013

191 by victoria00000000 »»
Sep 11, 2:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.