3It was OK
16.5%
2Disliked it
6.2%
1Hated it
6.9%
Average 4.0
504 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2012 9:10 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The CGI in the following,

Is good as a start and pretty cool.

About the fan service, it’s just right in the spoiler
and it shall be fun the see the 10 girls and more delicious bodies.

I have to mention the following,

Kudos to Japan in showing a girl with a German Eagle symbol! That is nice!

Apart from that my whole family specializes in tanks. So this will be a big relief anime for me from the realities of tanks and their commanding.
Yumekichi11Oct 8, 2012 1:06 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 8, 2012 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
Reminds me of Upotte! from the Spring Season. Wondering if it will get more emotional like in the final episodes later on.
Oct 8, 2012 9:44 AM

Oct 2010
Stark700 said:
Reminds me of Upotte! from the Spring Season.
Upotte was shit compared to this. The girls in here are human not non human weird stuff like Upotte. You can enjoy the fan service in this series cause you know the girl is human whom you are enjoying it from.

Furthermore tanks are more complex and interesting than mere guns. The girls art style is far better and nicer than Upotte also IMO.

Oct 8, 2012 9:48 AM

Nov 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
Upotte was shit compared to this. The girls in here are human not non human weird stuff like Upotte. You can enjoy the fan service in this series cause you know the girl is human whom you are enjoying it from.

Furthermore tanks are more complex and interesting than mere guns. The girls art style is far better and nicer than Upotte also IMO.

Comparing the first pilot episodes, I would say that this is probably better. I do agree that Upotte! was shit though as I didn't enjoy it that much. However if you were to compare the entire series, it's hard to tell atm. However, you gave Upotte! a score of "8" and that's pretty good imo for a score. So if this is much better, it would be within the 9-10 range for you in your opinion?

Anyways, might watch this all the way through, depends on how well the next few episodes progresses.
Stark700Oct 8, 2012 9:52 AM
Oct 8, 2012 10:03 AM

Oct 2010
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:

Comparing the first pilot episodes, I would say that this is probably better. I do agree that Upotte! was shit though as I didn't enjoy it that much. However if you were to compare the entire series, it's hard to tell atm. However, you gave Upotte! a score of "8" and that's pretty good imo for a score. So if this is much better, it would be within the 9-10 range for you in your opinion?

Anyways, might watch this all the way through, depends on how well the next few episodes progresses.
Than maybe I might put it to 7 and have this at 8. Personally BD that are having censoring are the worst shit your money can buy. Upotte did that and is therefore a disgrace among animes that betray. You did not know that #1 episode still had blacked panties? They did! This....hey man girl is in her nightgown and nothing there. At all even.

The fact is that the series is far more better for you brain then the gimmicks of Upotte. You can learn of tanks and makes them plain formidable whereas any other animes learning becomes nothing of value in terms of weaponry. Guns aren't that amazing either compared to tanks.

Oct 8, 2012 11:35 AM

Nov 2008
The entire town and school is on an aircraft carrier what a head spinning twist.

I like the tanks in this series and there's a few I have no clue what they are.

Oct 8, 2012 12:27 PM
Dec 2011
LOLIS + Military = AWESOME !
Oct 8, 2012 4:12 PM

Feb 2008
What a surprise a moving town haha :)

Hoppy said:
The entire town and school is on an aircraft carrier what a head spinning twist.

I like the tanks in this series and there's a few I have no clue what they are.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 8, 2012 11:00 PM

Apr 2011
I'm also surprise to see a town on a carrier ship. How the heck did that work?

Aynways, good episode. I'm interested to know Miho's past to why she hates Sensha-Do. The CGI on the tanks are surprisingly good. I was hoping to see them try out the tanks but sadly, have to wait for that on the next episode.

Looking forward what these girls can do and seeing some great tank battles.

Now, I have to wait for a decent subgroup to pick these up.
Oct 8, 2012 11:32 PM

Oct 2010
Magito said:
I'm also surprise to see a town on a carrier ship. How the heck did that work?
Well Kyoukai Senjou Horizon had a similar setup except it was not a carrier type but it sure looked like one.

This one is more realistic as even the shape is that of a carrier. USA one I presume?

Oct 9, 2012 1:11 AM

Sep 2008
I'm getting Kurogane Pukapuka Tai vibes. I hope there's going to be info dumps about tanks.
Oct 9, 2012 2:06 AM

Oct 2011
i hope the pics in the OP is as worse the fanservice gets, any more than that, i won't take a look at this show. (yes that's right i haven't watched it yet, i'm just taking a look at the reception so far)
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Oct 9, 2012 3:32 AM

May 2010

dropped.
KerozinnNov 15, 2013 6:41 AM
Oct 9, 2012 3:45 AM

Sep 2012
Not worth a watch IMO. O_O

Dropped.
Oct 9, 2012 3:47 AM

Feb 2012
Ya that CGI was uhh gross to say the least >.> I don't see this as something intresting :\
Oct 9, 2012 4:12 AM

Apr 2009
watching this with Commie subs is so LOL and makes my head hurt.. you're basically alternating reading the English subs for the harder Japanese terms and listening to the Japanese audio for the German subs.. hahaha.. this alone could get me watching.. thank you Commie for making it slightly interesting..

anyway, i'm sticking with this show for now.. it's probably more similar to that of a moe team battle sports anime like Saki than either Upotte (ecchi Harem) or Strike Witches (fighting against alien invasion) or Sora no Woto (slice of life in a sci-fi setting).. hope there's a lot of infodumps about tanks..
Oct 9, 2012 4:18 AM

Oct 2009
Maaaybe I'l give it one more episode, even tho the first episode was kinda lame IMO.

But I have to admit that I laughed at the video they were shown, that if you wanted to be a popular and successful women you had to become a tank driver xD
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Oct 9, 2012 4:19 AM

Apr 2011
The CGI doesn't bother me at all. Actually, I'm used to it. lol

Will try watching Commie's sub. But I'm hoping some good fan groups will pick this one up.
Oct 9, 2012 4:22 AM

Oct 2011
I prefer to watch raws... but with this I will stick up with Commie :D
what they did was hillarious

and series itself
I expect to have some panzer-service here and there, some info would be also fine (guy who was doing it for Upotte is also here).
So far it looks like it will deliver it :)
Oct 9, 2012 4:36 AM

Feb 2010
Oh lord, those forcefully squeezed-in german words in Commie's v1 were pretty damn annoying. I mean, it might be funny for those who feed on stereotypes, but it was really unnecessary.
Yes, they did hit mostly good german translations, but it simply killed the subs for me.
Oct 9, 2012 4:42 AM
Jul 2011
Liked it very much beacause i play World of T*nks :3
Oct 9, 2012 4:46 AM

Feb 2012
that's really creepy.

dropped because of extreme unease
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Oct 9, 2012 5:00 AM

Jul 2010
Hmm, dunno what to say yet since it's only the first episode. Mostly talking.

The town on the carrier was a nice surprise though. Crazy stuff.
Oct 9, 2012 5:04 AM
Jun 2008
well give so far give seem all girls school in focus on working on tanks.

give seem female miho don't want to drive tank but give student pres being too much of a bully give her friend trying to defend then miho will do the tank.

yet all this on a big giant boat well hmm give more to go what next?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Oct 9, 2012 5:12 AM

Aug 2008
Girls battling in WW2 Tanks? Yes please! Im a huge WW2 history fan so this will be fun. BTW..if girls in real life drove tanks for school they would be so much more awesome O_o
Woot!
Oct 9, 2012 5:40 AM

Jul 2009
snorefest animu,
"using a panzer will make you into a good wife, mother and even busyness woman why not". Standard Moe highschool girls using weapons animu, pass....
Oct 9, 2012 5:55 AM

Jan 2012
The show itself was great, but the fansubers ruined the watched. God damn Commie with their german nonsense. If nobody will sub this properly, probably will drop it. Though it would be a shame, the show is pretty interesting.

Oct 9, 2012 6:07 AM

Apr 2008
Had a Strike Witches feel about it.
And of course Upotte.

The first ep was a bit boring, when the half way mark came I thought it was over, was surprised when I checked how far I had gotten :P
But not Hyouka first ep boring, didn't feel like sleeping in this one :P

Oct 9, 2012 6:21 AM
Apr 2011
Lololol at the subber! God dang that made me laugh so much!
The subs made this episode twice as funny!

This show is so damn stupid that it's a must watch for me! XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2012 6:48 AM

Apr 2010
The translation group is brilliant for adding German words in there really adds nicely to this anime.
I actually saw some of the manga a few weeks ago and i was really enthusiastic about this anime high school girls driving in WW2 tanks is a really nice idea.
This episode was different from the manga but i really liked it also didn't read enough of the manga to see they where on a ship that also appears to be from WW2.
The characters aren't all together yet but for now we already had a pretty nice group so far.
Oct 9, 2012 7:32 AM

Jan 2008
Dem subs.

"Sensei! I have chronic disease!"

I probably won't be getting to far in the series like everything else of the same genre. Upotte comes to mind.
Oct 9, 2012 7:33 AM

Jun 2011
HAHAHA I don't know why, but I thought this was great xD The completely ludicrous idea and the absurd comical realism that they try place on it had me giggling the whole way through. Regardless of whether it was actually the anime's merits or just my derangement from lack of sleep, this anime gets:

First impression: 7/10 xD

Much better start than Upotte.
Oct 9, 2012 7:50 AM

Nov 2009
onedaysnotice said:
HAHAHA I don't know why, but I thought this was great xD The completely ludicrous idea and the absurd comical realism that they try place on it had me giggling the whole way through. Regardless of whether it was actually the anime's merits or just my derangement from lack of sleep, this anime gets:

First impression: 7/10 xD

Much better start than Upotte.

LoL I agree, first episode seems interesting, and dat animation was insanely great ... I wonder how much did they pour on this one ...
Although it was kinda weird but I enjoy this one so far ... But the advertisement they showed in the gym was hilarious ...
Oct 9, 2012 7:56 AM

Jul 2008
Based on my memory of their looks, but on the first few minutes alone there is a Panzer III, a Panzer IV, a Type 95, a M3 Lee, and weirdly a StuG III. Mathilda II and Churchill are also mentioned.
Oct 9, 2012 8:04 AM

Apr 2009
Nucksen said:
that's really creepy.

dropped because of extreme unease

I'll second this. I should be already used to the extreme bizarreness of the Japanese media, but this is taking it to a whole new level. I wasn't exactly sure whether I should laugh or not, so for most of the episode my mouth was twisted in a strange grimace bordering between a grin and scornful pout.

Dropped. Not because of awful CGI, or sheer folly - it's just that I found it utterly disconcerting. There's just no way for me to enjoy it.

Oct 9, 2012 8:43 AM

Sep 2012
The show is surprisingly solid. I love the animation of a view from a turret hatch as the tank moves. The girls of the student council are pretty cool. And we should see some back story of the characters starting from the heroine herself in later episodes.

Since I watched the show without English sub I don't know whether it got subbed or not, but some of the things written on the club application form is pretty funny. For example it includes a clearly non-existent "study" name Sendo 仙道, which means the Way of Hermit-Wizard (LOL).

The premise of the whole Senshado (Way of Tanks) is likely to be based on 長刀道 (Naginata-do), which is another "study" the girls can pick in the club application form. Unlike Sendo it indeed exists in Japan, and it is similar to "Senshado" in that Naginata, the long halberd-like "knife on a pole" weapon, was originally a weapon used mostly by men but later transformed into a type of martial art mainly practiced by women. Here "senshado" is the same - once a deadly weapon used only to kill but now it is a way for females to perfect themselves in mental and physical abilities.

And the ending is amazing. I read that the place Ooarai (which also is part of the school name) indeed exists (in Ibaraki Prefecture) and the anime has some scenes based on the city, but I would never imagine to see this city would in fact rest on a gigantic carrier on sea! So suddenly the whole worldview shifted -- and I don't really know what the anime is going to do with this strange setting.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 9, 2012 8:48 AM

May 2012
Oh Oh Oh, I really am enjoying this, another good Anime that has just came out that I am looking forward to watching! ^^
Oct 9, 2012 9:02 AM

Jul 2008
I wonder when the T-34, M4 Sherman, and the Tiger/King Tiger will make an appearance. Maybe even the Mauser would show up, as well as the Stalin and Pershing.
Oct 9, 2012 9:26 AM

Sep 2012
entropy13 said:
I wonder when the T-34, M4 Sherman, and the Tiger/King Tiger will make an appearance. Maybe even the Mauser would show up, as well as the Stalin and Pershing.

Tiger already made a very brief appearance in the flashback by the heroine in Ep.1 I believe..

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 9, 2012 9:50 AM

Apr 2008
symbv said:
Since I watched the show without English sub I don't know whether it got subbed or not, but some of the things written on the club application form is pretty funny. For example it includes a clearly non-existent "study" name Sendo 仙道, which means the Way of Hermit-Wizard (LOL).
Someone else saw that too XD

Yeah, that activity sounds really interesting compared to the others, including the tanks.

From her flashback though, could it be that she lost her friend in an incident there

Kind of sad for Miho, first day and her new friends suddenly turned on her

Love that over-the-top promotion video. It actually showed us the reader how nonsense the whole tank art is and not to take it seriously
nseikaOct 9, 2012 10:11 AM
Oct 9, 2012 10:11 AM
Jan 2011

What's wrong with this stuff?

Ans: the tank commander should be inside the tank for safety reasons.

Guten-da! F**K what's with the German subtitle?
Nasty001Oct 9, 2012 10:15 AM
Oct 9, 2012 10:12 AM

Sep 2012
nseika said:

From her flashback though, could it be that she lost her friend in an incident there

My guess is that this show is deep down light-hearted so I think we will not see death in this anime, kind of like the other anime which has a large ensemble of female cast doing military thing i.e. Strike Witches. But some kind of injury or shock resulted from some action / mission may be involved, again like Strike Witches. This may cause the trauma we see in Miho. According to what was shown, my guess is that she by mistake bumped into a Tiger at close distance and was hurt/shocked quite badly as a result.

Oct 9, 2012 10:14 AM

Oct 2011
entropy13 said:
T-34 is a must :)

I would love to see some more "exotic" constructions, with my fav A7V - entire class would be needed to operate that thing.
Oct 9, 2012 10:16 AM
Oct 2009
This anime is 100x more enjoyable for "World Of Tanks" players :D Pink "M3 Lee" (tank type) was most hilarious thing i've seen from a very long time xD
Oct 9, 2012 10:19 AM

Mar 2010
Well, pretty interesting, good chars. I'm not a fan of tanks though, and the animation felt kinda off at some parts.
Oct 9, 2012 10:19 AM

Jul 2011
well that setting reminds me of Upotte!. First ep was good nonetheless.
Oct 9, 2012 10:32 AM

Dec 2008
i approved this...

weird.. really weird story... but i think its interesting..

with good fanservice and tanks.. yeah i love tanks..

so i will continue watch this..

on another note... commie subs is godly.....
hudangOct 9, 2012 10:52 AM

Oct 9, 2012 10:42 AM
Sep 2011
Nasty001 said:

What's wrong with this stuff?

Ans: the tank commander should be inside the tank for safety reasons.

Guten-da! F**K what's with the German subtitle?

No, you're wrong, girls in school uniform shouldn't be there in the first place.
Oct 9, 2012 10:46 AM

Jun 2009
Well, it was a little bit meh. Can be a pretty ejoyable series though when it gets to some tank action.
I hope someone other than Commie pick it up though, the German all over the place was annoying and really took from the experience for me, it totallly didn't fit like it was probably supposed to.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 9, 2012 11:29 AM

Apr 2009
I was expecting it to be bad. And also, that it would be worse than I thought. And then what? It comes out even worse!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 22, 2012

123 by Dogibomb »»
Jul 26, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

okanagan - Mar 25, 2013

275 by patkarunungan »»
Jun 6, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

168 by patkarunungan »»
Jun 6, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

194 by patkarunungan »»
Jun 5, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Nov 19, 2012

147 by kagamiiin »»
Jun 5, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.