3It was OK
2.7%
2Disliked it
1.1%
1Hated it
0.8%
Average 4.8
524 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 15, 6:12 PM

Oct 2015
so yes basically confirmed saturn probably has something better than devil fruit
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Jan 15, 6:28 PM

Nov 2016
Ok, that's it, Kizaru is definitely not weaker than Luffy per se. The fact that he's up again in under a minute while Luffy is still down despite the food is crazy. Sure, Luffy can hit harder with Gear 5th yet that strength comes with a drawback.

Big fan of Kizaru and his Unclear Justice. Oda nailed that concept with him so far.

Kuma also amazing. The pay off moment delivered and there's nothing quite as touching as a father hugging his daughter.

Franky and Sanji putting in the work against an admiral and a Gorosei, fire.

The way Saturn's regeneration is feutured reminds me of Majin Buu who also took attacks who would've killed or lethally hurt other characters, even tho so far it's merely Piccolo/Cell level. We'll see if Luffy can't push the regeneration to it's limits with advanced Haki or relentless attacks like a Dawn Gatling. Or maybe he will stomp him like the spider he is. A variation of Gum Gum Battle Axe would serve that surpose and it would be cool if Oda showing it in the flashback turns out to be foreshadowing.
FMmatronJan 20, 7:53 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 15, 7:50 PM
Mar 2018
where to read the manga ? I cant find the latest chapter
Jan 15, 8:01 PM
Sep 2021
MilanSarkaar said:
where to read the manga ? I cant find the latest chapter

It's not out yet. Just spoilers.
Jan 15, 8:27 PM

Dec 2021
You think we'll see Sanji going up against Kizaru? Bonney and Franky don't seem up for the challenge, and if Luffy's still recovering, Sanji might be our best bet against Kizaru's attacks.

Also, it's a bummer if Kizaru doesn't have a change of heart. I'm guessing we're getting close to the end of the Egghead storyline, maybe just 5-10 chapters left.

Jan 15, 9:05 PM
Jan 2021
im just praying for my boi kumacchi for oda not to just kill him off.
Jan 16, 1:53 AM
Jan 2021
I rly hope Sanji gets some panels with him clashing with Kizaru🙏
Jan 16, 2:16 AM
Sep 2022
So was it Kizaru or Caribou who gave the food? Kizaru attacking the Straw Hats doesn’t mean he couldn’t have given the food. It’s understandable that he wouldn’t want to directly and officially rebel against Saturn and the WG at the present moment. Him not wanting to directly rebel but simultaneously wanting to prevent the death of his friends could both be true. However Caribou is also a good option. It could be that Caribou brought out the food while Kizaru delivered it to Luffy.
Jan 16, 5:36 AM
Aug 2022
Whoever posted this sucks, the chapter won't even be out today. Can't even read the comments because of Spoiler readers.
Jan 16, 7:12 AM
May 2022
Saturn's healing Power is pretty sick ☠️ different than other df
Jan 16, 5:36 PM

Jun 2014
Another banger chapter. That punch was satisfying as hell, that had decades of pain and torment behind it. Of course that’s not the end for Saturn just yet, but he took considerable damage.

It’s interesting to see Kizaru be in his feelings this arc. He’s conflicted, having to prioritize his duty as a government dog over his friendship with Vegapunk. Also, where tf did Luffy go 🤔 and wtf was Vegapunk about to say about the Buccaneers. I hate when something is hinted at but then the sentence cuts off and we move on 😭

Now the Straw Hats find themselves facing the threat of a Buster Call yet again. This is Robin’s, what, 3rd time now dealing with one of these in her life? She’s a vet at this point lol. Glad there’s no break next week.
thebrentinator24Jan 18, 8:47 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jan 17, 1:06 AM

Aug 2021
I always thought of Kizaru as the cool dude that doesn't break under pressure and does whatever he wants, but seeing him rethink everything should be interesting.
Jan 17, 10:05 AM

Jan 2019
Where's the freaking chapter ??
Jan 18, 7:16 AM

Jul 2016
Very good chapter. Satisfying punch, and I’m glad Oda gave it the page space to really shine instead of cramming into half of a single page or something haha.
Penguins are funny
Jan 18, 7:30 AM
Mar 2018
I hope we get to see some Sanji vs Kizaru. Also when is Zoro gonna finish up with the small fries, and enter the main fight? It would be awesome to see the entire Strawhat crew working together in one big brawl.
Jan 18, 7:43 AM
May 2019
Another banger by oda
Jan 18, 8:03 AM

Oct 2017
Finish your sentence Vegapunk, wtf. Kuma's race did what?
Jan 18, 8:04 AM

Jul 2013
That punch gave me "luffy hitting a celestial dragon" vibes
Jan 18, 8:11 AM
May 2021
What the fck happened this chapter. Buster call?! Kuma punching Saturn was satisfying. Sanji didn’t do shit this chapter cant lie 😭
Jan 18, 8:28 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
A punchy and a hug all in the same chapter? We are eating gooood.
Jan 18, 9:46 AM

Jun 2023
Ngl I didn't expect Kuma to land that punch but I'm glad I was proven wrong.

Now someone get Big News Morgan in here. 👀
Jan 18, 9:58 AM

Feb 2014
Disappointed we had to wait 3 weeks for that punch. Was it cool? Yes, but not a 3 weeks worth cool.
Jan 18, 10:10 AM

Oct 2023
That was one satisfying punch.

I wonder what they are gonna do with Kuma and what Kizaru is up to. I'm still part of the camp that thinks it was Kizaru that gave Luffy the food.
Almost feels like he's mirroring Kuma right now, trying to test the Strawhats to see how strong they have become and if they could have a chance going against the World Government.

Also where the hell did Luffy scamper off to? Thank god there's no break next week cause there's too many questions and not enough answers once again.
Jan 18, 10:21 AM
Dec 2020
Peak piece strikes again, prolly one of the most emotional chapters we have seen in a while

I'm still of the idea of kizaru betray the marines by the end of the arc, this panel just helps my theory even more
I also think that by the end of the arc Saturn is going to be one of the best antagonist we have seen in the serie, he's just got that aura you know?

Jan 18, 10:21 AM

Jun 2011
All I was thinking about is how I can't wait for the anime to adapt this arc in its entirety. Characterization for Kuma, Kizaru and Vegapunk! What a punch.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 18, 10:23 AM

Mar 2021
Jesus fucking Christ, that punch was insane.
Jan 18, 10:45 AM
Jan 2021
Saturn most likely still has just a mythical zoan devil fruit. His regeneration is probably from the elders and Imu using the op op no mi of past users. He probably can only die by drowning or something.
Jan 18, 10:52 AM
Feb 2020
Robin about to survive her 3rd buster call: Ah shiet, here we go again
Jan 18, 12:24 PM

Jun 2015
Recency bias be damned, this might be one of the most satisfying punches in all of manga. I can't wait to see this animated and watch Saturn bleed, hurt and get crushed underneath all that rubble.

Sanji and Franky both getting a chance to in this chapter was awesome. As much as I hate Sanji for being a bitch, he's still a genuinely good person and he protects Bonney and Kuma's adorable reunion.

The power of Love is far superior to the power of friendship. I wonder what the Buccaneers' special trait is beside their enormous natural strength because that isn't enough of a reason to be persecuted as they have been when the Giant race is out there wreaking havoc and the Gorosei don't seem to mind them at all.

Kizaru saying he should've "worn darker shades" really made me want him on our side. An Admiral like him defecting is exactly what I would expect in the final saga to happen.

10/10 chapter. What a perfect start to a great year! It's only gonna get better from here!!!
Jan 18, 1:26 PM

Dec 2017
Luffy better wake up!
Jan 18, 1:40 PM
Sep 2019
amazing god epic best shonen
Jan 18, 2:24 PM

Apr 2014
This was an awesome chapter. Kizaru getting ready for round 2. Anyways. Now Buster call goes all in to destroy everything by Garcia himself. Anyways. Garcia. That guys regeneration is insane. I knew he wouldn’t be taken down easily. But does this guy even have Haki? Surely he could’ve clashed with it or block it with his own. Anyways. Good chapter.
Jan 18, 2:31 PM

Feb 2012
Alright kizaru stole the show for me. He is either on marine side or vegapunk side. He is the most interesting admiral so far.
Jan 18, 2:39 PM
Dec 2022
Kuma still alive cause he THE GOAT

BEAT HIS ASS KUMA!!!!

Vegapunk actually the best, didnt install the self destruct mechanism in the first place
ok saturn being able to regenerate is kinda cool BUT I HATE YOU SATURN
SANJI CLUTCH SANJI CLUUUUTCH

kizaru stop trolling i said you were getting epic again

Oh shit buster call 2
Jan 18, 3:00 PM
Nov 2021
lowkeydenji said:
im just praying for my boi kumacchi for oda not to just kill him off.

he made it through the flashback, so he'll be fine 🌚
Jan 18, 3:13 PM
Aug 2020
again a peak chapter

thanks Oda

they will destroy the island...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 18, 4:30 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Kuma's punch finally lands on Saturn's face (after 3 weeks of waiting for it!!) and witnessing that epic double spread was so cathartic. Even without his consciousness, Kuma still persisted to reach Egghead to save his daughter Bonney. Because of this miracle, there's something that Vegapunk was theorizing about the Buccaneer race and I'm itching to know what it was specifically.

The World Govt. issues a Buster Call on Egghead...OMG they're going to wipe out Egghead from the map... Kizaru's facial expressions seem to be hinting something that he might switch sides and help Vegapunk escape from Egghead. Those last panels with Kizaru and Vegapunk seem to be implying something, hmmm...

It was truly worth the wait for this awesome chapter after that 3-week void now I'm looking forward to the next one!
Jan 18, 4:41 PM

Apr 2016
We're finally back! The panels of Kuma punching Saturn were glorious, definitely calling back to Luffy punching Charlos.
And another Buster Call! 0.0
A great chapter to come back on, can't wait for the next!
Jan 18, 5:04 PM

Dec 2022
oh shit Egghead is about to get Ohara’ed
pretty impressive the radical beam blasted right through Saturn
I want to see Kizaru go totally ham
Jan 18, 6:24 PM

May 2016
Next week buster call holy shit !
Jan 18, 6:51 PM

Apr 2022
i'm just glad bonney got to actually say all that to kuma, my heart can be content with that. sanji a real one as always, as well as franky at the spot. saturn got smoked but regeneration came in clutch. can't wait to see the kuma punch animated, it'll go crazy for sure. buster call has been authorised damn its been a hot minute since we've seen one of those, the anime just getting kicked off while the manga is about to wipe egghead lol. but i'm really intrigued to see the actions of kizaru.
Jan 18, 7:35 PM

Nov 2008
Hmmm - Luffy is off-screen. I wonder if he will come back riding the Giant Robot?
Jan 18, 8:59 PM
Feb 2020
Luffy has some competition now for most badass punch in the series
Jan 18, 11:09 PM

Aug 2021
that punch gives luffy punching carlos a run for its money in terms of satisfaction
Jan 19, 12:10 AM

Jan 2017
That punch took 21 days to land...
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Jan 19, 5:41 AM

Dec 2017
The World Government is the way Oda remind us that no individual or organization should hold so much power over the world.
I hope I can read One Piece weekly with my grandkids... in 2050

every One Piece week

Jan 19, 6:29 AM

Sep 2020
so glad that the punch landed, fuck you saturn
Jan 19, 2:31 PM
Oct 2016
istg wano is nothing compared to whats happening rn in the manga oda is AWAKENED ONCE MORE. HE IS WRITING FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Jan 19, 3:21 PM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
fking sick chapter. felt like it went for 2 seconds

that punch was so satisfying dude oh my lord. haven't had a full spread like that in while, looked so good

Kuma and Bonney man <3 hitting me in the feels. so sweet

Saturn and the five elders definitely got the eternal treatment from Law's DF or something

i'm sure Luffy about to show up again. here comes the climax baby
Jan 19, 4:55 PM

Sep 2020
Another chapter for the ages. Franky took a direct hit from Kizaru but I am familiar with Oda's game. That "..." reaction from Saturn means something. Meanwhile, Luffy disappeared. And once again, Saturn proving why he's the most despicable villain in One Piece so far with just his choice of words and his lack of humanity. Another buster call is coming, Egghead is about to get nuked.

Somehow Kuma and Bonney got sidelined in my mind lol. I always thought that Kuma would end up sacrificing his life in Egghead and ultimately dying for the sake of Bonney and that could still happen.
samsince04Jan 19, 4:58 PM

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 697 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 30, 2013

75 by Sky_Chicken »»
Yesterday, 9:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1127 Discussion

FMmatron - Sep 17

35 by ShayCormac »»
Yesterday, 6:18 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 681 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Sep 11, 2012

82 by Sky_Chicken »»
Yesterday, 6:04 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 345 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

14 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 3:16 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 344 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

9 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 3:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.