Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
56.3%
4Liked it!
31.4%
3It was OK
9.9%
2Disliked it
1.6%
1Hated it
0.8%
Average 4.4
1,368 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 31, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Cute chemistry this episode but I wish Megumin and her friend could just go on an adventure without always running into monsters. Thankfully, she has skills now to defender herself, at least more so than the beginning of the anime.

That demon girl Arnes is still the craziest in this show though, even in this episode.
May 31, 2023 9:27 AM

Feb 2021
Wasn't expecting this episode to look so nice, but it was probably one of the best looking ones so far. 

So that light signifies the moment Kazuma and Aqua got reincarnated...
May 31, 2023 9:34 AM
Sep 2021
Megumin defeated the demon with a magnificent explosion and now we finally are reaching axel.
May 31, 2023 9:35 AM
Jun 2020
That Cursed Lightning vs Explosion reminded me of Kamehameha vs Death Ball in Freeza's Resurrection movie... but the animation is actually better here.
May 31, 2023 9:37 AM

Apr 2019
I haven't read the light novel, will they adapt everything in this season?
May 31, 2023 9:44 AM
Jun 2020
diegotakusenpai said:
I haven't read the light novel, will they adapt everything in this season?

Yes. Today was Volume 2 finale. Next episodes will adapt the final prequel volume.
May 31, 2023 9:48 AM

Feb 2019
Damn they snapped with the production values today. That was probably the best looking explosion you’ll see. Poor Yunyun was getting worked to death 😂

Almost feel bad for demon waifu, she was literally just trying to bring her master back lol.

Finally reached axel, this’ll start the adaptation of the last prequel volume and we should see some familiar faces soon!
May 31, 2023 10:18 AM

Jul 2011
If Yunyun ended letting Megumin use the Explosion on Arnes while holding Chomusuke, maybe Megumin would be more evil than Arnes attacking the horses.
May 31, 2023 10:26 AM
Nov 2022
I loved the episode, Yunyun "finally" got some recognition and they also finally got rid of the demon that was chasing them, very good.

Can someone confirm if what happens around minute 18:30 is the appearance of Kazuma and Aqua in the world?
I have a hypothesis that we might have an interaction with Kazuma in the last episode, but it's just that, a hypothesis.
May 31, 2023 10:34 AM

Apr 2019
The faces in this episode were so funny

May 31, 2023 10:38 AM

Apr 2023
Okay. So this episode was actually pretty good. The show was like a 7 before for me, but this episode is a 9. The chemistry between Megumin and Yunyun was pretty entertaining this episode. Really dug the synchronous tie in with the main series.
May 31, 2023 10:49 AM

Jan 2018
This whole episode took place on the road to Axel. On paper that sounds boring but considering how eventful it was I thought it was excellent.

Poor Arnes died it seems. I would've liked to see more of her. :( Too bad she died after so much humiliation. It was funny when she had the moral high ground despite being an actual demon, unlike Megumin.

What the heck was that light? Was it the light of Kazuma being summoned into that world? If so, then damn. Not long before we reach into the timeline of KonoSuba Season 1.

Megumin and Yunyun's relationship is the best part of this prequel. I had no idea their relationship could have this much depth. And I kinda wish they became party members after this but it was not meant to be.

Next episode Megumin's finally at the Axel.
May 31, 2023 11:12 AM

May 2011
Lol that divine light, Aqua and kazuma have arrived! We should get some cameo of them next episode hopefully. Yunyun is such a sweet character though, sadly she always gets the short end of the stick , she surely deserves better

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 31, 2023 11:12 AM
Nov 2019
"Are you mocking my total lack of contribution?" is an amazingly Megumin line.
May 31, 2023 11:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn these monster worms, and even though Yunyun did all Megumin could prove herself against the demon girl, and she's so skilled at making her so angry no matter what ahaha
May 31, 2023 11:28 AM

May 2020
Woah, we know what that bright light brought forth with itself, and yep the timing was as perfect as it could've been.. just when Megumin was going EXPLOSIOOOOOON.

Finally Megumin has arrived at the town of beginnings. It won't be long before she meets the duo of Kazuma and Aqua, though first let's see what she did in that time in-between.
May 31, 2023 12:08 PM
Feb 2022
Elegiría a Yun Yun para mi equipo sin dudas.
May 31, 2023 12:15 PM
Apr 2020
Was that light indicating kazuma and aqua's arrival ?

Another really good episode
May 31, 2023 12:39 PM
Oct 2016
Monster trouble on the road. This universe always makes me feel so badly for Yunyun. She's the whipping boy for this story every time there's an opportunity to humiliate someone. Its done in the most hilarious way possible but its simultaneously saddening. Yunyun having to fight all these monsters herself since Megumin can only use explosion magic was very funny. The other adventurers in the caravan constantly forcing Yunyun to take care of the monsters. I don't even think they helped her at all, just sitting back letting the Crimson demon magic masters handle the monsters. Megumin tried using her explosion on those repulsive giant worms but everyone else was too close. Arnes showing up again, Megumin is right calling her obstinate to a fault. Still wanting the little kitty even those said cat shows no interest in leaving Megumin. Whom also shows no interest in the cat, when she threw the cat so Arnes would go after her and Megumin could use explosion magic I died laughing. Megumin truly willing to sacrifice her so called familiar just to stop the buxom demon woman. Megumin overpowering the dark lightning attack was cool. They've finally arrived at the starter town right in time for things to change.
May 31, 2023 1:38 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
As expected, the road to Axel wouldn’t be as smooth sailing as it seemed lol, and this was thanks to Arnes who was sending monsters the whole time, Yunyun was out of magic but thankfully she didn’t expect the Megumin Inquisition lol. I hate to see Arnes and all her thiccness die (or at least that’s how it appeared) but she kinda left Megumin no choice with that attack she had charged up, as well as how she kept trying to take the cat, so she definitely had it coming.

She was a fun character to the end tho, her reaction to finding out Megumin‘s parents sold her that bracelet was hilarious lol. And from the looks of it, was that Aqua and Kazuma descending on the land when that light happened? If that’s the case then this may indeed end where the first season begins, I wasn’t sure if this show would go that far but that will be cool to see if it happens.
May 31, 2023 2:07 PM

Feb 2014
Thanks to Arnes, the road to Axel was a tough one for this convoy, where Yunyun got all of the credit of taking down a lot of the enemy mobs, while Megumin's reputation started to drop hard with everyone else, apart from the cute loli who believed in Megumin all throughout the episode.

That belief paid off when Arnes decided to attack the convoy herself and make her presence known. The comedy for this episode, from the facial reactions to Megumin yeeting Chomusuke into the sky, was hilarious. Thanks to the light in the sky, which does signify that Aqua and Kazuma have arrived at Axel, that distracted Arnes, Megumin had enough time to unleash her explosion magic and she was able to take down Arnes during a tense climax of the fight with both of them going full power. The production values of the fight, especially the end of it, was superb! =)

With Megumin victorious and her reputation restored, as well as Chomusuke being safe once again, the group will arrive at Axel, where I'm sure that more comedic shenanigans will follow suit as usual! =D
May 31, 2023 2:23 PM

Jul 2022
tHey FInaLLY rEAch AxELL MAn
sO tHAt LIghT wAS pROlLY aQUA rIGht?
May 31, 2023 2:34 PM

Oct 2017
Arnes vs Megumin showdown was great, visuals were real pretty. Arnes better be safe damn it, need more of her.
May 31, 2023 3:13 PM
Jun 2021
@MadanielFL  would be nice if there was some explosion in the background of the first episode
May 31, 2023 3:23 PM

Nov 2016
Poor Chomosuke. He deserves better 😭

Megumin may be a haughty flag setter, but she can back up her talk with an EXPLOSION. Great episode again. Megumin and Yunyun arguing on their journey never gets. The monster fighting part was also fun. And now they finally arrived in Axel. Hope we get to see Kazuma too before the final episode. He should be there too judging by the light lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 31, 2023 3:34 PM

Apr 2022
yunyun and megumin moments are always the best lmao and aqua got called upon :O
May 31, 2023 3:46 PM

Sep 2014
Is arnes actually dead? Damn this was kinda sad.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 31, 2023 4:56 PM
Jun 2021
arnes didn't deserve to go like that!

yunyun deserves better friends :(
May 31, 2023 6:11 PM

Oct 2016
The issue I'm having with this season is that when YunYun appeared in the main series, her relationship with Megumin seemed a bit different than what was shown here so far, and also, it seemed like they didn't see each other for a while, while here they are together almost all the time.

I mean, this show can still lead up to that, but still.
May 31, 2023 6:39 PM
Oct 2018
I know it’s supposed to be a tsundere thing, but Megumin is just not a very good friend to Yunyun. Yunyun really deserves better. She is more mature and capable, and has more common sense than Megumin. She should just form her own party and it would probably be easy for her to find strong partners.

Plus Yunyun was (apparently) able to summon Aqua.  Except Aqua then didn’t show up. I guess that would have messed up the timeline.
90293otakuMay 31, 2023 6:43 PM
May 31, 2023 7:00 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
YunYun being a chad this episode. Couldn't help but giggle at the whole flag setting though.

The fight between Megumin and Agnes was well done. I kind of hope Agnes comes back in some form.

But I think the best part of the episode was the unexpected moment that Kazuma and Aqua were reincarnated. It's great to see when it happened and what Megumin and YunYun were doing at the time. And now they're finally in Axel, so it'll be interesting to see what Megumin and YunYun do and how they eventually separated.
May 31, 2023 7:11 PM

Jan 2011
i feel like this d be a good place to end the series
May 31, 2023 7:21 PM
May 2017
Fun episode fr, we're closing in to the beginning of season 1 now.

4/5
May 31, 2023 9:03 PM

Jan 2021
It'd be amazing if the final episode ends with a release date, or at least year, for Konosuba season 3, since it seems like we're closing in on the point when Megumin first meets our shut-in neet and useless goddess.

May 31, 2023 9:16 PM

Aug 2019
Honestly I think Chomusuke should just stick to YunYun as their legal guardian. Both Megumin and Arnes have proven that they shouldn't ever have pets, one of them preps for their death at every convenience and the other wants to turn them back into a demon lord.

Man, RIP Arnes kinda sad that she got perma'd, she seemed like a solid character that could return for Chomusuke for a future arc in the main series but sadly i don't think thats happening anymore. Her gag in this series was at least funny for her screen time, a strong demon trying to get her master back but is cursed with bad luck unintentionally by the Crimson demons and chased out by Axis cult in the most humiliating ways possible. Finally clocks the arm band that she bought from Crimson demons cursed her and finds out that Megumin's parents were the sellers.

Like the cool indications in the show that tell us how close we are to the main series, guessing that bright light of divine energy was Kazuma dragging Aqua down to Axel with him lmao.
May 31, 2023 9:35 PM
Aug 2021
Kazuma spawning in the background was so hype
May 31, 2023 9:38 PM

Jul 2015
I'm pretty sure Yunyun prayed so hard, that Kazuma and Aqua descended on that works.

May 31, 2023 10:25 PM

Feb 2016
Will Megumin ever grow the fk up? Yunyun is the only actual character in this (and I love her so much omg precious Yunyun my beloved ❤️❤️❤️❤️).
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

May 31, 2023 11:48 PM
Oct 2019
Absolutely love the flag joke 🤣

That light must be when Kazuma and Aqua coming to Axel.
May 31, 2023 11:51 PM

Nov 2009
StallionXD said:
Will Megumin ever grow the fk up?

Of course not, she still haven't grown at all in the "main series" (which is a sequel to this prequel series, lol)

There's a reason why I don't like Megu back when the Main series was airing, even if bunch of Megu fans were bashing at me and praising Megu like their goddess.

I also do agree that Yunyun deserves a lot better than all the shit she's been thrown at.

___ ___ ___

They literally had Yunyun solo all the monsters cause Megu literally can't do shit as she has no other spell besides Explosion...

And all Megu do afterwards is shit talking at Yunyun for "showing off" even tho herself hasn't done anything. While saying how the monsters makes her look useless even tho it's her own fault... blaming others always.

Especially when Megu just throws the cat as a bait and was going to kill the cat along with Arnes... as a Cat owner and cat lover, FUCK YOU MEGU. If Megu was an actual person, she would be "cancelled"

___ ___ ___

Also, not only did Yunyun solo bunch of monsters by herself, she was also able to summon Aqua's power even if it's just for a couple of seconds. (well, technically a coincidence, as that was actually a panty thief and a useless goddess being send down, LOL)

Also, I hope Arnes isn't actually "ded-ded"... I would actually want to watch Arne's adventure more than Megu. (cause from some of the flashbacks, it seems that Arnes has gone through quite an amount of stuff).

(plus, the fun parts about Megu was the School and the other students... which they pretty much did a time skip and we didn't get to see most of their school life)
amlgJun 2, 2023 1:25 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 1, 2023 12:07 AM
Dec 2022
this episode made me remember why I gave up Konosuba after just few episodes back then 
the annoying, denial, overconfident, selfish and big mouth Megumin

Regardless how I dislike Megumin, I will keep watching until the last eps because of Yunyun and maybe Aqua cameo appearance on last episode
Jun 1, 2023 3:51 AM
Jan 2020
Does anyone know the name of the song which played when mugumin defeated arnes?
Jun 1, 2023 7:37 AM

Jan 2019
I'm gonna finish it because I love Konosuba and there's only three episodes left but Megumin really sucks as a protagonist and works way better in the main show than she does here.

Jun 1, 2023 8:19 AM

Mar 2018
This spin-off just not hitting the same as the main story. The humor doesn't hit at all for one, can't put the finger on why. As a prequel, alot of the uncertainty is removed since we know where the story is going to go. And the action hardly feels exciting. Overall meh.
Jun 1, 2023 9:04 AM
Jun 2020
You tell me, Megumin just defeated a demon by HERSELF??? EXPLOSION at it's finest.

with Kazuma and Aqua arriving in Axel too... this the Best Episode by far
Jun 1, 2023 9:16 AM

Feb 2021
Lol, Megumin family just destroyed Her life XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 1, 2023 10:38 AM
Dec 2022
We might see aqua & kazuma next episode.
Jun 1, 2023 1:16 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
When you speak of the devil they have the uncanny chance of answering your summons. In group encounters where friendlies are within the contact zone that explosion really shows how unwieldy it is. Its nice that being able to show her skill has instilled some confidence within YunYun. But that was one hell of a final showdown that Megumin had with Arnes in the end. In the end im glad that she didn't let the little girl down.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2023 2:44 PM

Aug 2021
animation popped off
Jun 1, 2023 3:04 PM

Jul 2016
Arnes deserved better and YunYun deserves a better friend. Damn, this spin-off sure opened my eyes to how much of a bitch Megumin always was.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2023

180 by kylian3 »»
Aug 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2023

186 by Gyuriiii »»
Aug 24, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

91 by Zainehsan2000 »»
Jul 22, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2023

104 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Jun 27, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2023

148 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Jun 25, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.