3It was OK
8.6%
2Disliked it
2.1%
1Hated it
1.9%
Average 4.5
373 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 29, 2022 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
It's great to see some photography and club activities in this show. It affirms more of the school realism and lifestyle of the characters.

I'm starting to also find the main cast more appealing. Their connection and bond works for the anime. Akebi was also really cute to watch in particular this episode.

Jun 2019
Just like always, Akebi is full of energy. This time around, we got to see all the clubs in the girls' school. She also modeled for the Photography Club and then got her dress dirty, so she also visited the Dormitory in order to fix her clothes up. She looked adorable in that blue dress in the dorm.

Also, that animation on the cooking was really beautiful. LOL. Akebi stuffing her cheeks with food was looking like a hamster which was cute. LOL. I think that was another cute episode. I enjoyed it. ED change already?

Feb 2018
No matter how many times, I feel the setting of this place is similar to Hinamizawa, lol. Hoho, is that a small eyebrow, little senpoi? Weird but interesting character designs. Sports in the guise of showing off sweat, I wonder if that girl takes a photo of Akebi-chan and then sends it to the agency, whether Akebi-chan will become an idol? Idk. No matter what the archery club always has beautiful girls. When a high school girl was walking on a village, I felt that a tragedy might happen... It was possible that I felt that the face art had completely melted away. Why do socks always have holes in the toes? It's still an unanswered mystery. Alright it's a nice room, and isn't it too big for a dorm? Look at the white dress, hhmm...

It even has its own washing machine room, isn't this too amazing, this is suspicious. What an a wonderful description of the food i mean this cooking scene. When did cooking scenes become the benchmark for drawing skills? I think it's the cookieeee! And yeah that's it, that's what I've been waiting for... hamster face, so cute. Besides hamsters this time bunny girls? Damn what an best episode. Only with a beautiful face you can be a good wife :") Don't mind your cooking skills, even if it's burnt I'll still eat it anyway. Tomodachi - Tanigawa Kei? For ED? Maybe I feel something that...
Jan 29, 2022 8:04 AM

May 2020
Akebi as a model this time… well can say she really is trying each and everything out. Also, those were some good photoshoots from Tanigawa and they even visited the dorm with Usagihara, whom I hope we see more of in the coming episodes.

Though considering how good Akebi is in anything she does, maybe making food is still something she can work upon lol. Also a changed ED i guess.
Jan 29, 2022 8:32 AM

Feb 2020
Cute episode as usual. I didn't expect a new ED. Well, I liked it.

Akebi looked very beautiful in that dress. Lol at all those facial expressions again.

She looks like a hamster. xD

That cooking scene was hilarious.

SerafosMar 7, 9:48 PM
Jan 29, 2022 8:32 AM

Apr 2010
The dorms seen like a really good place, there was some wear and tear but it was spacious and it had everything the girls needed which is nice to see.
I was wondering what they would be like.
The photo shoot part was funny and we got the see in the lives of the girls again, it's relaxing to watch.
Jan 29, 2022 9:01 AM

Apr 2016
Oh right, the academy naturally has some kind of dormitory for the girls to live in right, still i like how there is the fact that our main heroine Akebi does not need to live inside the said dorms, cause she's literally living in a gingerbread house lmao. It only adds to the fairy tail aesthetics this show has on me.
Jan 29, 2022 9:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was fun to see them visiting the dormitory and cooking... well Akebi can't succeed on every field but it was cute xD also it's very rare to see an anime girl burping xDDD Pretty nice new ending also
Jan 29, 2022 9:39 AM

Apr 2012
@Syureria There will be some "drama" in future arcs, but this is as far away from anything Higurashi has to offer. You probably get those vibes because one of the important elements of the show's style was the "worst evil lives in the quietest places" trope.
Jan 29, 2022 9:48 AM

Jul 2017
Kei and Akebi are getting along well, and the former in the photography club capturing daily images seems kinda risque because of the fetish involved, but it's taken in style. Trying to capture one's image comes in many forms, though it's up to the photographer and the subject to decide that.

The Mangetsu (or Full Moon) Dorm that many girls live in like Touko, Neko and Erika does look nice, and the dorm master is Akebi's mom's classmate so that's a nicetie story. The suit that's closest to her idol Miki really suits Akebi while her school uniform gets cleaned up.

Surprisingly, Touko is a good cook and converses well with the rest of the dorm girls...well, shouldn't be surprised if she's a social nut. It's funny how Touko tried to be like Akebi, but the same thing backfired, and her sweets (or cookie) making serves as a good replacement to break the ice. Akebi tried making cookies too...but it's just a stark contrast that she's just a Jack of Trades and Master of None...and a glutton too.

Welp, Akebi's missing toe socks stole her image to be a clumsy one, and while she's not the perfect girl that everyone thought, at least she has a personality that's rightfully hers.

Nice new ending too, and so are the pictures that Kei has thoroughly taken. I bet that you don't know that Akebi's jump-roping sequence in the ED was ACTUALLY adapted from the manga, what a way to flex the souce material some more.
Jan 29, 2022 9:58 AM
Nov 2019
This episode was so sweet and I loved they animated other clubs rather than showing stills, I was a bit disappointed during the episode thinking it didn't adapt the skipping scene from the manga and damn using the skipping scene as an ed with notebook storyboard was way too amazing.
Akebi-chan really becoming my favorite this season hope the quality remains consistent and inserting tanigawa and giving her focus in anime was good as well, Rino Yamazaki is really good with script composition for this anime
Jan 29, 2022 10:04 AM
Apr 2021
Feeeeeeet morrrrreeee feeeet give me mooore I want feeeeeeeet
Jan 29, 2022 10:39 AM

Feb 2019
The yuri bait is so real with Akebi and Tanigawa lol. It’s cool to see how much akebi has brought her out of her shell. Man I love the job the animators do with the facial expressions in this show too. Amazing job all around from the staff.
Jan 29, 2022 11:13 AM

Aug 2021
Initially I found the character designer strange, but over time I got used to it and I liked it, Akebi is very cute and so are her friends. This episode was simply wonderful, it was good to see the girls' daily lives and to see that despite looking perfect, Akebi also has her flaws, which are part of her daily life full of energy and joy.
I had to hold back not to think I was watching a Yuri, I thought Akebi and Tanigawa were so beautiful, they are cute.
Jan 29, 2022 11:19 AM
Apr 2021
It seems that some chapters of the manga were skipped.

But overall I liked the episode c:
Jan 29, 2022 11:30 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Apart for the drama club looks like apart from them the other clubs are doing relatively well. The Tea ceremony club's club building really was nice. A island in a sea of calm and nature huh. I guess when it comes to high school freshman not going straight home due to a need to attend club activities is one of the newer things that they need to get used too. Akebi running into someone that taught her mother was a nice surprise. The dorm rooms were pretty spacious and well equipped as well. Funny that Touko had a spare dress for Akebi but she did look cute in it. Touko though really is full of surprises huh. Being able to enjoy snacks with friends after school is a nice luxury. Seeing the results now Touko's decision to showcase her skills at sweetmaking turned out surprisingly well. Akebi's vulnerable look really was endearing to see. An excellent ep as always that while doing well in expanding upon the facilities for the academy also did well to expand upon Touko and Kei as characters. Curious to see what happens next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2022 11:33 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
What a fun school, looks like they are having a good time, nice seeing Akebi make some new friends to.
Jan 29, 2022 12:03 PM

Sep 2018
Another episode stuffed to the brim with beauty.

No, Akebi is not perfect, but that's why she, like everything about this show, is perfect....

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 29, 2022 12:29 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Tanigawa wants Akebi to be her model for her photographs. Her poses ended up copying her favourite idol Miki chan though xD.
Akebi got mud on her skirt by accident so went to the dorms with Tanigawa to get it cleaned. She also got a hole in her socks.
Akebi gets a chance to try cook but... it doesn't turn out too well for her lol. Akebi's burp woke up Neko chan... (WHO, OF COURSE HAS NEKO EARS!)

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jan 29, 2022 12:38 PM

Apr 2012
OkamiDesign said:
Initially I found the character designer strange, but over time I got used to it and I liked it, Akebi is very cute and so are her friends. This episode was simply wonderful, it was good to see the girls' daily lives and to see that despite looking perfect, Akebi also has her flaws, which are part of her daily life full of energy and joy.
I had to hold back not to think I was watching a Yuri, I thought Akebi and Tanigawa were so beautiful, they are cute.

Marinate1016 said:
The yuri bait is so real with Akebi and Tanigawa lol. It’s cool to see how much akebi has brought her out of her shell. Man I love the job the animators do with the facial expressions in this show too. Amazing job all around from the staff.

Lol dudes you really need to stop being so overhyped about last episode and try to read any of her interactions with Kei as yuri bait. She is literally a minor character and throughout the story her only closest friend will be Erika.
Jan 29, 2022 12:57 PM

Sep 2013
OMG They showed drama Prez. <3 I thought we had to wait for second season to see her, but they just showed her.

For me, she is the most interesting character in manga so far.

Jan 29, 2022 1:05 PM
Aug 2014
rz21c97 said:

Yeah they skipped 8 but I assume they'll do 8, 12 and 13 next episode since they all follow one after another anyway. On a related note they did a good job combining chapter 11 with Side A from Vol. 2

RobertBobert said:
@Syureria There will be some "drama" in future arcs, but this is as far away from anything Higurashi has to offer. You probably get those vibes because one of the important elements of the show's style was the "worst evil lives in the quietest places" trope.

Yeah but that "drama" probably won't be in the anime. It's to far ahead from where the anime is.
Jan 29, 2022 1:11 PM

Apr 2012
kingaron3 said:
rz21c97 said:

Yeah they skipped 8 but I assume they'll do 8, 12 and 13 next episode since they all follow one after another anyway. On a related note they did a good job combining chapter 11 with Side A from Vol. 2

RobertBobert said:

Yeah but that "drama" probably won't be in the anime. It's to far ahead from where the anime is.

Based on the actual arc, this is a classic case of an anime getting an adaptation for its ending, so I'm afraid they'll just take one of the "power of friendship" arcs and frame it as a pseudo anime ending.
Jan 29, 2022 1:14 PM
Jul 2016
Fun fact!: Akebi-chan has the cutest name ever!
Consisting of 明 ("Ake", which means BRIGHT) and 日 ("bi", which means SUN or DAY), together they combine to 明日 (which can also be pronounced as "ashita", and means TOMORROW). These are some of the first kanji you learn in Japanese, and they're very easy to write compared to other kanji. "Akebi" only uses 12 strokes to write.

In other news, what's with this show's obsession with feet lmaooooo?
Jan 29, 2022 1:22 PM

Apr 2012
erikkamirs said:
Fun fact!: Akebi-chan has the cutest name ever!
Consisting of 明 ("Ake", which means BRIGHT) and 日 ("bi", which means SUN or DAY), together they combine to 明日 (which can also be pronounced as "ashita", and means TOMORROW). These are some of the first kanji you learn in Japanese, and they're very easy to write compared to other kanji. "Akebi" only uses 12 strokes to write.

In other news, what's with this show's obsession with feet lmaooooo?

The whole manga is literally a combination of incredibly professionally drawn all-female SoL and author's fetishism. Probably the idea of MC's obsession with school uniforms stems precisely from the author's love of feet and legs.
Jan 29, 2022 1:28 PM

May 2021
Another wholesome episode this Saturday by Cloverworks. Man, the animators are doing a terrific job on Akebi-chan.
Photography and the activities of the club do add quite a lot to the realism in this anime. Akebi's gonna be a great model; I can just feel it.
Akebi stuffing her mouth with cookies was cute to watch as well.
And that photo of Akebi running at the end; man, that's beautiful even by Akebi standards.
Overall, yet another relaxing episode really. Tho I do wonder if it's gonna go anywhere.

Jan 29, 2022 2:15 PM

Feb 2019
RobertBobert said:
OkamiDesign said:

Marinate1016 said:

Lol dudes you really need to stop being so overhyped about last episode and try to read any of her interactions with Kei as yuri bait. She is literally a minor character and throughout the story her only closest friend will be Erika.

We do not care……
Jan 29, 2022 2:18 PM

Apr 2012
Marinate1016 said:
RobertBobert said:

We do not care……

From your comments it is perfectly noticeable, do not worry.
Jan 29, 2022 2:53 PM

Aug 2020
Good to see that Akebi is having a good time with her friends at the photography club. Tanigawa focused a lot in taking pictures, and also took some of Akebi wearing an "idol like" dress.

Usagihara made some cookies, which were delicious and pleased her friends. Akebi wants to learn this ability, and there will be a long way to the success. I hope she conquers this goal (and I hope that she gets new socks xD)

Great episode; I liked the full of energy new ending and the animation is nice as always. Impressive.

Jan 29, 2022 3:47 PM

Oct 2011
nice and fun episode... Tanigawa taking some pictures, Usagihara cooking, and Akebi being a little clumsy... all nice and good...

the scene with her socks brought me back some memories from school... I remember a girl kicking a ball in the middle of P.E. class, and her shoe flyed away... she immediately crouched to hide a hole in her sock... (I just pretended see nothing... like a gentleman :v )
Jan 29, 2022 4:44 PM

Dec 2016
This is such a good anime, it is so much fun to watch.
Jan 29, 2022 5:08 PM

Apr 2008
The show is very pretty, and I respect the ability to give such a real feeling, intimate view of their lives, but... I can't get a grasp on what it's being captured for. I feel like I'm watching someone's home videos or something, and I'm not sure why I'd want to. Gave this a few episodes cause it's clearly well executed, so with a plot more my taste I'm sure I'd like it, but I'm going to stop here.
Jan 29, 2022 5:54 PM

Apr 2020
Screenshot counter: 38 snapshots in Episode 4. Oh my...

Akebi and Tanigawa, in their venture of the day, taking pictures for a pamphlet. I'm kind of surprised how they went with this episode. For the first time, the two did not go straight to their homes and ended up crashing into the dorms. Lots of fun stuff happen and as time went on, Tanigawa now has a clear image of Akebi, and you know what I agree with how she thinks.

Very nice way to end the episode is when they show Akebi's picture, all smile and waving at the bus that Tanigawa was taking. And let me end off by saying, woah that 2nd ED's animation is amazing. They didn't even bother to color it, as long as the animation is smooth (which it is), we only need to see A LOT of key frames moving to see how nice Akebi is jump roping. I think the song is good as well, so yeah an acceptable ED theme change for the show.
Jan 29, 2022 6:02 PM

Jul 2019
Great episode. We had a retrospective of some Akebi classmates and their respective club activities plus all of it was shown through Tanigawa's camera lens. Akebi is inimitable as always, especially when paroding her favourite idol and making a mess in the kitchen.

Afterhours in the dormitory and Touko Usagihara as the central piece of it are filled with life and serenity. Sleeping archer girl with bunny ears was a golden shot.
Jan 29, 2022 6:07 PM

Apr 2015
So many photos taken!! Heck, Kei even made a little photo album for Komichi. Honestly was so sweet.

Overall a great episode with a nice look on the classmates' dormitory life. Touko seems to be the master of making friends as everyone likes her... Orrrrr it's the power of sweets!!

Komichi's cooking montage was priceless!!
Jan 29, 2022 6:25 PM

Jun 2019
Skipping rope ED is cool. I can do everything she did but, except for one, actually haven't tried crossover at my back, only in front. I'll do that for tomorrow's session. This show got me inspired.
Jan 29, 2022 8:08 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah yeah, i just notice now, they create different ed, and this episode too with Akebi playing the skipping rope which is surely make me feels so good even until the end.

More of the girls activity in their academy. Each of Akebi's classmates started their different club activities. Not yet with Akebi drama club parter, she's still helping the photographer class rep girl and her task on the club. Bit afraid, what kind of image the girl made xd. But its turned out to be wholesome again in the end, with all the things goin on at those girl dormitory. That's your true image, Akebi-chan. Its not just a perfect idol and cute model figure, but can having such a clumsy and unexpected side like that, which, ofc not so surprising at all, considered what she's done so far. Not good to handle the cook, burping, and having socks hole. Yeah, nothing so surprising xd.

That photo album was so cute there, feels like an ending already. With the title 'friends', and her run as a cover. Damn...

Lets see next.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 29, 2022 8:20 PM

Aug 2018
"Friends"
Very nice episode, it was a quiet episode and the images Tanigawa took, beautiful. The new ending was good.
Jan 29, 2022 9:37 PM

Sep 2020
Amazing episode, every picture that camera took looks so great.
Also the new ending is so cute and fun!!!’
Jan 29, 2022 10:19 PM

Jul 2021
This episode was full of wallpaper materials. I got a total of 21 wallpapers from this episode. Here is the album in case anyone wants.

Tanigawa wants to make a collage of photos and chose Akebi as her model, so we see her taking lots of pictures of Akebi.

Akebi's unifrom gets dirty so Akebi, Tanigawa and Usagihara visit Usagaihara's dorm to get Akebi's uniform washed.

Akebi looked really cute in that dress.

Akebi's sniffing the cookies action and she stuffing her mouth with cookies like a squirrel was cute lol.

The collage came out really good at the end. We got to see the kawai imouto again.

Really great episode. 5/5. Enjoyed the hell outta it.

Looking forward to next one.
TsutanaiFuunJan 29, 2022 11:08 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 29, 2022 10:47 PM
Aug 2021
The characters are actually interesting if you think about it, they have different interests, different accents plus different designs with different personalities.
Jan 29, 2022 10:49 PM

Oct 2016
Ahh yes Tanigawa, the true Akebi-chan is f e e t. Great episode! Nothing like a wholesome slice of life to brighten up my day. I wonder who's the next victim of Akebi next episode lmao.

I really loved that new ED, it's insane, props to the animator that animated it. Akebi can't cook, but she can sure as hell jump rope.
Jan 29, 2022 11:16 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
I really like Akebi's personality. It's so realistic. I met a lot of girls just like her and they're likable and very fun to be with.

Too bad they only see me as friend *sigh* fck my life.
Jan 30, 2022 12:13 AM
Mar 2020
This episode made me smile from ear-to-ear. Loved the dialogue in this one. Akebi's energy is so infectious and her seiyu's voice work really brings the character to life (the other girls are great, too). Episodes 3 and 4 really took me back to my highschool Otaku Club days. Spending time with my friends, sharing our talents and hobbies, meeting others who shared similar interests and more. I tell ya, that really helped broaden our horizons to many many things.

I also had the dumbest smile on my face watching Akebi do those jump rope tricks in the new ED. It was so well-animated, fun to watch, and quite nostalgic. It reminded me of when I'd watch the girls jump with double-dutch ropes on my block as a little boy. Sometimes me and the other boys would join in. Good times.
MRD_CroweJan 30, 2022 12:54 PM
Jan 30, 2022 1:04 AM

Dec 2017
Ahh, the interesting visits to student apartments, how I miss them. A very entertaining chapter thanks to the multitude of interactions between characters (if I'm already bad at remembering faces and names, in this episode I was very lost) Although it's normal for this anime, it's always nice to see the characters develop their friendship.

Thanks to the photo theme this episode gave us many new wallpapers. I don't know why, but I feel like by the time the anime is over, I'm going to have a foot fetish too.

Jan 30, 2022 1:29 AM
Aug 2021
The "duality of Akebi-chan" in this episode.

My main candies:

Bonus Candies:
Jan 30, 2022 2:40 AM

Dec 2019
Really cute ep I think this was my favorite one so far

Also liked the new ed
Jan 30, 2022 2:51 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
yeah..... gentlemen and fellow feet-connoisseurs, I'm going to be dropping it here.

The pretty animation isn't enough to save it from the CGDCT moe blob-type of show that I'm not exactly a fan of. Heck when she did that little laugh after taking off her stockings, I got K-ON vietnam war flashbacks. If you love your cute girls doing cute things, this show will continue to be excellent for you as it also comes with rather stellar animation. It's just not for me. If this had a story behind it then I would've definitely stayed on it; but it seems its only purpose is to look pretty and to give us a compilation cute girl moments. I will be missing the feet though. Those were some good feet.

Or maybe it's because dress up darling also airs here on Saturdays. If I watch THIS after that, it's just so much of a lower-tiered show compared to dress up darling for me that I can't enjoy it. If I watch this BEFOREhand, I'm not really paying attention because I'm thinking about watching dress up darling lol

Whatever, no big deal. It's not bad, just not for me. I hope that you all continue to enjoy this. Definitely props to clover works for making yet another beautiful-looking anime.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 30, 2022 3:43 AM

Nov 2012
Most of them have black hair, like the real Japanese. I don't know how far Roubai Academy is from Akebi's house. It looks like she's running quite far (and relatively fast). How fit she must be from that running to and from school every day. She's saving time by not walking. She will achieve good scores in sport competitions. It shows that the manga started in 2016 - Kei uses a DSLR (with some high specs), if it started in 2022, she would probably use a mirrorless camera (better than 2016 DSLR). So it's safe to assume the series takes place in 2016.

Roubai Academy has facilities for all kinds of sports and clubs. Unlike my schools. And I haven't ever met a girl like Akebi-chan. Anime girls are an idealized version of real girls, so that's not surprising. The only good thing about school was talking about video games and anime with boys and that's it, everything else was bad.

How many members does drama club have? We saw only one. Drama clubs need more members to function properly. Do middle school girls buy CDs anymore? Japan might be different from the West, but in the West they probably use Spotify or iTunes.

I checked that in the manga, instead of kicking pebbles, there was rope skipping which made Akebi dirty. The order of events is different and some things are skipped. It's not a 1:1 adaptation. This anime is for people who want to watch a slice of life middle school girls in Japan. I think there should be also anime like this one, although I personally prefer a touch of mystery and fantastic or science-fiction elements.

At the end of episode 4 there was a photo album by Kei Tanigawa. She's fast at making such albums. And it looked professional too.
Jan 30, 2022 5:18 AM
Jan 2021
Does anybody know the girls' age range? 15-17 you think?

Anyways, I declare Sunday as a feels good day with Akebi-chan and Sono Bisque Koi wa Doll wo suru, on the same day making me smile from ear to ear.

Then Monday comes where all hell broke lose, with Attack on Titan and Demon Slayer.

Still a 9/10 series so far!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Season 2?

Koyorides_ - Jun 12

8 by Koyorides_ »»
Jun 13, 1:46 AM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2022

98 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 2:45 AM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2022

151 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 2:30 AM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

241 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

149 by kixann »»
Apr 26, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.