Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2022 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
I've read the manga before but really interesting to see the amount of background details poured into this show. Anime definitely feels a bit different when it's more fluid with the visuals.

Komichi has a lot of charm to her character imo and first episode showed a chunk of her personality. Personally, I think it's a sweet episode with lighthearted comedy and realism. Anime might surpass the manga if they can keep this level of visual quality up.

Jun 2019
Yet another one Cloverworks. LOL. This one looks promising as well. Visuals-wise, as I said before, I'm yet to be disappointed by these folks over Cloverworks. It looks really beautiful, especially the character designs that have that distinctive feeling of warmth. Might be just me. But, nevertheless very cute.

We got to see the main girl, Akebi Komichi, her sister and her mother. Just a well-rounded cute family. Her little sister is so precious. ( ̄▽ ̄). I'm not gonna lie, this might be better looking than Kisekoi from Cloverworks. The animation is just really beautiful. Brilliant job, Cloverworks. I was blown away. Got introduced to the other cast as well.

That blonde chick with the nail sniffing fetish. DansGame. But, overall definitely looking forward to more of this.

Jul 2017
Hiro's Akebi-chan is yet another CloverWorks follow-up show, of which I'd say that this is even more gorgeous looking than Sono Bisque Doll, maybe even similar to Super Cub.

Also, Akebi's VA Manatsu Murakami is also just taking off in her newbie roles, what the hell? Odd Taxi's Mitsuki wasn't enough, and this main role would bring her higher. Not complaining though, love to hear new Seiyuus / VAs be more prolific.

Akebi Komichi is such a high intensity, free-spirited girl with a simple dream: wearing a sailor uniform, as such with the prestigious Roubai Academy in the countryside. The first instances of spending family time to shop for fabrics to sew the sailor school uniform and bath with her younger sister Kao, it's all good.

The induction into Roubai Academy...had some hiccups, as the sailor uniform her mom sewed for her isn't allowed, and worse case, it stands out from everyone else. But the school allows it like so as a special permission and callback to the school's tradition. Kao easily throws a fit for Akebi's seemingly unequivocal decisions, but then glimmers when she wears the sailor uniform.

Akebi's first day as a 1st year...hmm, meeting the twin-tailed, nail-clipping anxious Erika Kizaki starts the weird introduction that at least keeps the conversation going, her very first classmate. Feet fetish be reaming around...

The anime felt like the manga was brought to life (yes, even some ecchi scenes), and for a premiere episode, WOW. This is feel-good levels of breathtaking, and definitely worthy of the CloverWorks production name.
KANLen09Jan 8, 2022 10:22 AM

Feb 2018
Is that an idol flashback? And also does that girl have the talent to be a dancer? I mean that jump, isn't that pretty amazing. For some reason I feel this background scenery is quite beautiful. Is it a fantasy theme? Does the house design have the Japanese village style in Shirakawa? Idk. But I really like this scenery, it looks green even though the broadcast is on midnight. Even the design of this house is also very fashionable, damn. Is this a fantasy theme? Really, having a mini garden inside the house, it's pretty cool. I want to know the floor plan of this house, lol.

Uwooo, finally get to see the sailor school uniform, I don't know why I haven't seen a sailor school uniform in a long time. This makes me cry happily, jk. I feel that this bath scene is less interesting, hmmm... Should I wait for the BD version? Doesn't it make it easier for a mother if her daughter helps with household chores but this is instead...

Uwooo finally she's changing her clothes, really like this school uniform damn... Uwoooo, That's the sailor suit that bears the title... the art / design so beautiful. Hold on sec, is that called Rouba Gakuen? (蠟梅学園) High school entrance ceremony, I thought it would be a normal ceremony but WTF is that? Was he wearing the wrong school uniform? Why is he the only one in the sailor school uniform? It's disappointing when I wanted to see another girl wearing a sailor school uniform at the school entrance ceremony.

Damn, I didn't pay much attention to the television so I didn't understand what he was talking about with Obaa-san. I thought it would depress him but thankfully I got to see that sailor school uniform again. Hold on sec, Oioioi... Aren't the cherry blossoms quite beautiful? Damn, is this fantasy huh? Look at this...

So this is the first time seeing a scene from everyday school, I mean by fanservice for worshiping thighs or legs? I mean the nail cutting scene, it looks intentional and somehow the art is also made refined, wow. Okay, this not bad either, sailor school uniform, maybe I'll drop this anime... For ED? No comment i mean this full of sailor school uniform.
Jan 8, 2022 8:03 AM

Apr 2011
The first episode was pretty gorgeous considering they're doing three animes during this season
Jan 8, 2022 8:03 AM

Apr 2012
@Syureria Stop, is this a 3D show? The backgrounds look quite expensive, which makes it feel like they've placed 2D characters in a fully digitized environment.

As far as fanservice is concerned, everything is completely intentional. It's not ecchi in the traditional sense, but there are a lot of eye candy scenes here.
Jan 8, 2022 8:04 AM

Feb 2018
RobertBobert said:
@Syureria Stop, is this a 3D show? The backgrounds look quite expensive, which makes it feel like they've placed 2D characters in a fully digitized environment.
Ahahaha I agree with this one +1
Jan 8, 2022 8:06 AM

Jul 2019
RobertBobert said:

As far as fanservice is concerned, everything is completely intentional. It's not ecchi in the traditional sense, but there are a lot of eye candy scenes here.
I havent seen the episode, but its probably just really well made compositing, which is a really underrated process in the anime industry
Jan 8, 2022 8:09 AM

Apr 2012
VP2003boi said:
RobertBobert said:

I havent seen the episode, but its probably just really well made compositing, which is a really underrated process in the anime industry

Well, it's actually quite common when you combine extremely good backgrounds and characters whose detail has been reduced to ease expensive animation. For example, last year's Aquatop had the same effect.
Jan 8, 2022 8:09 AM

Feb 2018
VP2003boi said:
Really? I thought this was pretty boring but seeing how you guys commented maybe I could continue watch this show... Thanks for this one :")

*Edit
Maybe I'm commenting too much on my post above about the scenery but indeed the scenery in this anime is quite good. Maybe as Robert said, it has the same effect as Aquatope which is a place setting happened on Okinawa, no doubt if scenery look beautiful but WTF is this xD.... Maybe yeah, the reason I'm watching this is because of the scenery? Not bad either.
SyureriaJan 8, 2022 8:13 AM
Jan 8, 2022 8:16 AM

Jul 2019
RobertBobert said:
VP2003boi said:

Well, it's actually quite common when you combine extremely good backgrounds and characters whose detail has been reduced to ease expensive animation. For example, last year's Aquatop had the same effect.
Yea aquatope is a good example of it, but this show does have a stronger staff than aquatope so the art/animation should be really good, so the compositing and backgrounds are just a +
Jan 8, 2022 8:17 AM

Apr 2012
Syureria said:
VP2003boi said:
Really? I thought this was pretty boring but seeing how you guys commented maybe I could continue watch this show... Thanks for this one :")

*Edit
Maybe I'm commenting too much on my post above about the scenery but indeed the scenery in this anime is quite good. Maybe as Robert said, it has the same effect as Aquatope which is a place setting happened on Okinawa, no doubt if scenery look beautiful but WTF is this xD.... Maybe yeah, the reason I'm watching this is because of the scenery? Not bad either.

You shouldn't watch a show just because someone says it's good or bad. Listen to your own desires or moods. I'll be watching this because I've been following manga for quite a while, but overall it's not really my cup of tea.
Jan 8, 2022 8:20 AM

Apr 2012
VP2003boi said:
RobertBobert said:

Yea aquatope is a good example of it, but this show does have a stronger staff than aquatope so the art/animation should be really good, so the compositing and backgrounds are just a +

Well, that makes sense, since Aquatope was created by just a good studio, while Akebi is a manga adaptation of a very complex and professional drawing. This show simply wouldn't make sense if its animation was not of such high quality.
Jan 8, 2022 8:37 AM

Feb 2020
Go, CloverWorks, Go! :D

Wow. Amazing visuals! Everything looks so beautiful and detailed. They did a really good job with this one.

Komichi, her little sister and her mother are such an adorable family. :)

That place is so gorgeous.

SerafosMar 7, 9:46 PM
Jan 8, 2022 8:41 AM

Apr 2010
I liked it, so far i have to say the happy feeling i get from this anime is really nice even with the mistake in uniform which could have a bit of a darker them but it didn't feel like that at all.
So for we have only seen one other classmate and the family of the main so it's hard to judge but everyone seemed so nice.
Jan 8, 2022 8:46 AM

Apr 2012
Aversa said:
I liked it, so far i have to say the happy feeling i get from this anime is really nice even with the mistake in uniform which could have a bit of a darker them but it didn't feel like that at all.
So for we have only seen one other classmate and the family of the main so it's hard to judge but everyone seemed so nice.

Almost the whole story is done in this style. If you already like it, then you don't have to worry about the future.
Jan 8, 2022 9:08 AM

Apr 2016
Hmm, now ... how to describe it to not sound like a fucking creep.

You see i like the theme and the atmosphere of this, from everywhere you can feel the thick of the youth if that make sense to you. And from what i was told this entire show will be just about that, living your youth.

Now, the thing ... why do i feel like this show/manga almost celebrates young girls ... in a physical form. Anyway, the visuals are very strong, i almost feel like i'm watching a fairy tale or something. Oh and the VAs are on fire with this one.
Jan 8, 2022 9:17 AM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:
Hmm, now ... how to describe it to not sound like a fucking creep.

You see i like the theme and the atmosphere of this, from everywhere you can feel the thick of the youth if that make sense to you. And from what i was told this entire show will be just about that, living your youth.

Now, the thing ... why do i feel like this show/manga almost celebrates young girls ... in a physical form. Anyway, the visuals are very strong, i almost feel like i'm watching a fairy tale or something. Oh and the VAs are on fire with this one.

Well ... it really is. As I said above, this is the kind of ecchi where fetishism is achieved through enjoying aesthetics, and not just boobs / butts. Of course, there are overtly sexual moments in the manga, but this is still aesthetics, not horny lewd content. But I don’t know how it will be adapted into anime, as such shows often become more lewd if the authors are not sure that it will attract enough audience in the first place.
Jan 8, 2022 9:20 AM

Jul 2017
Definitely not my kind of series since I'm not too high on series that are purely slice of life without any little interesting thematic elements coming into play like with Girls Last Tour and how that series contrasts discovery and moving around optimistically with a hollow, quiet and lifeless environment. Here it's just more of a traditional slice of life. The animation for it is pretty decent though, as expected of CloverWorks with how they did the My Dress-Up Darling anime too. That's probably the aspect that highlights the series to make it stand out more than Akebi and the rest of the episode itself which I found really boring like how I did with the manga.

That nail clippers bit is still a bizarre one though not gonna lie. Didn't like that one bit.
Jan 8, 2022 9:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well the slice of life part is pretty good, I'm (a bit) relieved that it doesn't look as weird as the manga especially for the plans and the characters don't have giant asses in the anime at least, though the foot things are still weird but whatever, they properly adapted it I think the 1st episode is well done, we'll see how they continue in the remaining episodes.
AshhkJan 8, 2022 9:26 AM
Jan 8, 2022 9:28 AM

Feb 2021
Great first episode and gorgeous animation, it seems Cloverworks is really back on track.
Really liked the whole premise of the show, simple but cute, feels like those wholesome shows that just makes your day better.

May 2020
This instantly qualifies as a make you feel good series, and definitely it did splendidly well in the very first episode itself, atleast the visuals.

Also that's the nail clipping scene, really weird of her smelling that though.

Apr 2014
The sceneries and visuals were very beautiful. I really hope Cloverworks will be able to keep their standard till the end.
Seifuku is the best Japanese school uniform, they should not remove it from their school.

Miki is a short-haired idol with light blue image color, that sounds so familiar, isn't it? Yousoro!
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 8, 2022 9:30 AM

Oct 2017
This looks so neat, the production of this show is really good as expected. Loved the scenaries and backgrounds. The ED was pretty nice too.

Komichi's adorable and so is her little sister, specially with Kuno Misaki voicing her. Their mother is a sweety and HanaKana's voice just makes her that much more sweeter. Interactions between the family members were sweet and wholesome.

Komichi finally got to wear the uniform of her dreams and she looks beautiful in it. Unfortunately the uniform of her school is no longer sailor uniforms but I'm glad they made an exception for her. The principal seems like a nice person. I do expect problems to surface due to this situation but hopefully it won't turn too dramatic as I liked the current atmosphere of the show and want it to stay like that. Komichi's interactions with Kizaki were amusing. She's also cute like Komichi.

The best premiere out of all the new anime this season so far and I'm quite hopeful for this anime.
MegamiRemJan 14, 2022 8:43 PM
Jan 8, 2022 9:31 AM

Apr 2012
Ashhk said:
Well the slice of life part is pretty good, I'm (a bit) relieved that it doesn't look as weird as the manga especially for the plans and the characters don't have giant asses in the anime at least, though the foot things are still weird but whatever, they properly adapted it I think the 1st episode is well done, we'll see how they continue in the remaining episodes.

I think the question is not about the big asses itself, but the fact that the manga often put a lot of emphasis on them lol. I can't wait to check out the first episode myself to see how well they have brought it to screen.
Jan 8, 2022 9:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
RobertBobert said:
Ashhk said:

I think the question is not about the big asses itself, but the fact that the manga often put a lot of emphasis on them lol. I can't wait to check out the first episode myself to see how well they have brought it to screen.
With the context I would just say both, because sometimes it just felt way too weird to the point I was questioning what I was reading, but in the anime so far they don't go that far, even though they keep the plans/poses they reduce their impact so most of it still look "normal"
Jan 8, 2022 9:36 AM

Apr 2012
Ashhk said:
RobertBobert said:

With the context I would just say both, because sometimes it just felt way too weird to the point I was questioning what I was reading, but in the anime so far they don't go that far, even though they keep the plans/poses they reduce their impact so most of it still look "normal"

Well, I still remember the chapter about cleaning the classroom where he took such an angle on the teacher's ass that a little less clothes and it would look like hentai art lol. But otherwise, for me it is just a vivid example of Japanese fetishization in a good way.
Jan 8, 2022 9:37 AM
Jan 2021
My gawd, the animation is gorgeous. Great seiyuu work, great sound work (foleys?), soundtrack, and a sweet MC and story. I may fall in love with this anime...
Jan 8, 2022 9:38 AM

Jan 2018
First episode was decent. God Tier Animation. Cloverworks has made a great job.
RE:ZERO !!!!!!!!!!
Jan 8, 2022 9:41 AM

Mar 2020
wtf is this quality of art and background. Everything look expensive and gorgeous make my eyes are satisfied. Visual in this is look even better than My Dress-Up Darling (which has terrible CGI movement, animation is also lagged)
Resolution1337Jan 8, 2022 9:45 AM
Jan 8, 2022 9:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
RobertBobert said:
Ashhk said:

Well, I still remember the chapter about cleaning the classroom where he took such an angle on the teacher's ass that a little less clothes and it would look like hentai art lol. But otherwise, for me it is just a vivid example of Japanese fetishization in a good way.
Most of the chapters where it's mostly just drawings of her and her sister are like that (especially the poses) and same for all the foot plans (though there are quite present in this 1st episode) but I mean I wouldn't mind if they were older but this way it just makes it awkward to look, good thing if they reduce it in the anime (which is not surprising on the other hand)
Jan 8, 2022 9:48 AM

Apr 2012
Ashhk said:
RobertBobert said:

Most of the chapters where it's mostly just drawings of her and her sister are like that (especially the poses) and same for all the foot plans (though there are quite present in this 1st episode) but I mean I wouldn't mind if they were older but this way it just makes it awkward to look, good thing if they reduce it in the anime (which is not surprising on the other hand)

It all depends on how popular manga is in Japan and what kind of audience they want to attract. Lately, I've often seen all-female titles become more lewd in anime, while all-male titles have become noticeably more pure. Perhaps this is due to the desire to attract a more neutral and thus wider audience.
Jan 8, 2022 9:50 AM
Apr 2019
It's crazy how you can see the weight of characters movements and expressions with this visual style, it's so pretty.
Jan 8, 2022 9:50 AM

Dec 2020
The Visuals looks intersting and that might be a good show:

Its again cloverworks, the make a lot now overwork lol.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jan 8, 2022 9:54 AM

Dec 2010
man the background details and animation is so damn aesthetically pleasing.

it felt so magical watching her becoming so happy over the uniform. Like her dreams are all coming true

I can already tell this is gonna be a great coming of age story
Jan 8, 2022 9:58 AM

Feb 2014
lovely animation ahhh akebi-chan living the cottage-core dream life!!
also, her mom... is that kana hanazawa i hear <33333
美久MIKU ▹▹▹ eat my mind.
\\ prod. by SUGA of BTS

Jan 8, 2022 10:00 AM
Apr 2019
There is something going on with feet in this episode
Jan 8, 2022 10:03 AM

Apr 2018
It's pretty good visual wise and the characters so far are alright. Might continue with this.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 8, 2022 10:06 AM

Oct 2021
I'm having mixed feelings with feet in this episode.
Jan 8, 2022 10:08 AM

Jul 2016
Beautiful episode. With amazing photo make up composition. The art and animation are great. The pacing is nice which a plus for SOL anime.

Akebi is likeable character with her bubbly personality. The family are supporting which has some wholesome scenes. The highlight shots are amazing like Akebi wearing her sailor uniform. Overall nice start

And the ED song is catchy and good btw

Jan 8, 2022 10:15 AM
Dec 2012
Has just the right amount of quirkiness. Foot girl was a nice touch haha.
Akebi chan can now feel less weird, although she is very likeable and relatable. I don't see any issue with her making 100 friends or so.

She really is taking this Sailor Uniform and running with it. I was a little worried that this didn't really have a story and that I would get bored but everything seems to mesh well and seemed more chill than Sono Bisque.

Definitely has a lot going for it visually, maybe more so than Sono Bisque.
Jan 8, 2022 10:31 AM

Aug 2013
A lot better adaptation than I expected (but still not perfect, that "slap" scene was a big downgrade). I love the manga and I'm looking forward to this adaptation as well. And Voice acting is phenomenal.
rsc-plJan 8, 2022 10:41 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 8, 2022 10:47 AM

Mar 2016
Some pretty awful looking faces/weird head shapes in some scenes. Seems like a serene, warm show though. But, what a weird premise. Mother and daughter are so autistic about school uniforms that they just make one without even thinking to take a look at the current ones? Like, you'd think she would have gone on campus at least once. Also it's so weird to me that even with such a simple premise we still need 2 minutes of exposition to start the episode.
syncrogazerJan 8, 2022 10:56 AM
Jan 8, 2022 10:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
RobertBobert said:
Ashhk said:

It all depends on how popular manga is in Japan and what kind of audience they want to attract. Lately, I've often seen all-female titles become more lewd in anime, while all-male titles have become noticeably more pure. Perhaps this is due to the desire to attract a more neutral and thus wider audience.
It depends on the genres, this kind of lewd elements for a slice of life/iyashikei manga/anime just doesn't fit it and you don't expect to see these elements before starting it, but when it's about fantasy or whatever I'm not surprised at all if they make the whole thing lewder
Jan 8, 2022 10:55 AM

Mar 2016
RobertBobert said:
Well, I still remember the chapter about cleaning the classroom where he took such an angle on the teacher's ass that a little less clothes and it would look like hentai art lol.

And what chapter was this exactly? lol
Jan 8, 2022 11:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Komichi is quite the energetic girl huh. Her family though were masters of capturing her most vulnerable moments though lol. Still her primary reason for wanting to get into the academy sure is one for the book of uniqueness though. As was the fact that her mother is actually making the uniform from scratch as well. The bonding moments between the sisters was cute. In the end the mother's effort turned out pretty well indeed though its unfortunate that there were miscommunication about what the school actually demanded. Living this far out from town though looks to be quite the hassle. Its nice that despite her nerves that Komichi was able to make her first friend with Erika. Overall a pretty nice opening ep that did well to introduce the character of Komichi and her fascination with the sailor uniform. The combo of retreading your mothers old school while forging your own life and making new friends i think is a pretty potent combo that will make this series a pretty relaxing one. As expected of Cloverworks the animation really is amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2022 11:08 AM

Nov 2016
I was expecting some captivating atmosphere and it didn't disappoint. Really vibrant and tranquil right from the get go.

The visual aesthetics are kinda nice as well, but body/facial proportions are a bit uncanny at times. The character art in general is definitely not the strong suit. A few shots still looked good thanks to filters.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 8, 2022 11:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Normally when a studio decides to do 3 projects a season, the animation quality is iffy for most but Cloverworks with at least this and Sono Bisque Doll (haven't watched Tokyo 24-ku) have proved to do otherwise. And for that, they've my respect. I just hope that the animators aren't overworked though.

Komichi is an interesting main character but her sister easily turned out to be the standout for me. She's just too sweet. Only one to wear a sailor outfit in the entire school though, that's some courage there. Follow your dreams and ideals, that's the way.

Erika cutting her nails scene was a little too good animation-wise, lol. Certainly wasn't expecting that to come. Komichi quickly sniffing her own toes was kind of hilarious but considerate at the same time.

Not fully used to the character design just yet but I'm sure it'll just take another half episode or so to get to that point so no biggies.

Looking forward to more!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 8, 2022 11:25 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Imouto is cute. That's like the only thing I can come up with right now. I like the slow wholesome feeling in this one. Hope it is like that and no stupid drama arrives. Also don't smell your nail clippers or feet. You'll ruin your wholesomeness. Haha
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jan 8, 2022 11:26 AM

Apr 2012
syncrogazer said:
RobertBobert said:
Well, I still remember the chapter about cleaning the classroom where he took such an angle on the teacher's ass that a little less clothes and it would look like hentai art lol.

And what chapter was this exactly? lol

I don't remember exactly, but maybe somewhere around 30 or 40 chapters? Its pretty short, so you don't get boring.

Ashhk said:
RobertBobert said:

It depends on the genres, this kind of lewd elements for a slice of life/iyashikei manga/anime just doesn't fit it and you don't expect to see these elements before starting it, but when it's about fantasy or whatever I'm not surprised at all if they make the whole thing lewder

Well, I don't know where the stereotype came from that shows like this are not lewd. I think they are not, they just get fetishized in a more aesthetic sense.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

148 by dhell26 »»
Mar 12, 3:31 PM

» If every Anime made like this everybody in the world will love Anime

Naveen6662246 - Feb 25

14 by Serafos »»
Mar 10, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2022

71 by Pondoxd »»
Feb 15, 2:39 PM

» No one is saying it so, I am going to say it

kuzumaicant - Jan 16, 2022

23 by mimimilk »»
Feb 11, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Akebi-chan no Sailor-fuku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2022

62 by HanamiDango »»
Jan 22, 1:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.