3It was OK
5.1%
2Disliked it
3.4%
1Hated it
1.4%
Average 4.5
294 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 20, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like this is the final case of this series.

Moriarty is also beginning to put his ultimate plan in motion after the Criminal Lord's statement in public. Seems they're setting up well for the series' finale and I felt thrill of this episode.
Jun 20, 2021 7:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The plan needs William's death at the end, and of course the other ones secretly don't want him to die, Sherlock's situation is better and it's nice to see that he agrees on helping them save William, now I wonder what will happen between them with William and Sherlock together at the end, but it's sure gonna be very interesting
Jun 20, 2021 7:26 AM

Jul 2017
YES THE FINAL CASE: The Final Problem! This is a pretty long arc.

If Sherlock's an action-class murderer, Liam's the hidden murderer. The Moriarty plan has to go on, regardless of how circumstances are borne from it.

Sherlock bearing the blame for Milverton's murder, but the perfect situational murder didn't end exactly the way it was supposed to. John, more than being vindicated, gets all pissed off at his detective partner. But eventually, he apologies to John for all the trouble he got.

Liam has started his Moriarty Plan sortie (that'll eventually lead to his death), and there is no turning back from the massacre of the aristocrats. His older brother Albert bearing the brunt in the Parliament House while the citizens rampage...ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU, and acting alone. Not even Liam's brothers nor Fred can stop him anymore, this man knows no justice, he IS the Devil's Incarnate of Justice.

Sherlock's extensive history of Liam in question from the very beginning of the series to now, Liam's the Robin Hood that Sherlock must catch. Even Mycroft receiving the Queen's orders to summon his younger brother, the British colony wil be finished if no action is made.

The telegram sent from Louis and Fred to require Sherlock's help to save Liam, he already knows it fully well as a friend.

The story at 221B Baker Street, will Sherlock be able to finish this red scarlet string of fate against Liam?

Really stoked for the finale next week.
Jun 20, 2021 7:26 AM

Jun 2019
As the final act proceeds in the story, the plot seems to go in a way where Sherlock didn't imagine it to go. William's brain is pulling out the plans that he might have been thinking about from the very start. William has finally revealed himself as the Lord of Crimes in the newspaper to the world and the whole upper class seems to be raging in this matter and wants the answers from the Moriarty's.

As William keeps killing the upperclassmen, he's challenging the authority to stop him as for now Sherlock has been put in charge of this case by Her Majesty. Louis and Fred went ahead and asked Sherlock for help in order to save William but surprised to see that Sherlock has already planned to save him, as his friend. Crazy to think that Sherlock is thinking about the whole situation through William's head which made him understand all of this.

Next week is gonna be really interesting.
Jun 20, 2021 7:39 AM
Sep 2015
I'm wondering if Moriarty knows that
1. Sherlock didn't kill Milverton
2. His brothers request Sherlock to save him
3. Sherlock plan to save him
If he already know all of this, and already intergrate this into his "Final Problem", then I'll accept him as the Lord of Crime.
Jun 20, 2021 9:18 AM
Feb 2021
Can someone answer
Q1. Is it's manga finished?
Q2. Is anime skipping some chapters?
Q3. Will manga br fully adapted as only 1 episode is left and this act is quite big as I heard so how will they complete this...
Jun 20, 2021 9:21 AM

Jun 2014
William is going into this final plan completely ready to die, but no one else wants that. Louis and Fred even went as far as contacting Sherlock to ask him to save Liam. I wonder if Sherlock will be able to succeed....

This episode set up next week's finale well, and I'm excited to see how this all ends.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 20, 2021 9:37 AM
Jan 2013
Arthagrawal said:
Can someone answer
Q3. Will manga br fully adapted as only 1 episode is left and this act is quite big as I heard so how will they complete this...

Q1. The manga is still ongoing.
Q2. Yes, the anime skipped quite a bit of chapters. If you're enjoying the anime, I strongly encourage you to read the manga. A lot of character development and some side stories were cut out.
Q3. Next episode will be the end of the Final Problem Act. The manga is on the last arc right now, The Adventure of the Empty Hearts.
Jun 20, 2021 10:25 AM
Apr 2016
Did the manga already end? Or is this bit an anime original? It feels like the last arc/big climax... I can't imagine how it could continue now, when everyone knows who is the Lord of Crime and Moriarty has started with his Final Problem
Jun 20, 2021 10:27 AM

May 2020
The next episode is going to be interesting. William putting his final plan into motion with Fred and Louis intervening to prevent William from dying. Wow, this episode was great, I can't wait to see what happens next with Sherlock and Liam, I wonder what his 'final plan' is going to be.
Jun 20, 2021 10:37 AM
Feb 2021
Tbxbbh04 said:
Arthagrawal said:
Can someone answer

Q1. The manga is still ongoing.
Q2. Yes, the anime skipped quite a bit of chapters. If you're enjoying the anime, I strongly encourage you to read the manga. A lot of character development and some side stories were cut out.
Q3. Next episode will be the end of the Final Problem Act. The manga is on the last arc right now, The Adventure of the Empty Hearts.

Thanks for the answers..
Jun 20, 2021 11:03 AM

Dec 2015
There probably can't be many more chapters in the manga after this arc - will be much harder to act for William now that he is openly known as the crime lord.

(Unless they construct some hard to believe twist where he gets to live in his villa as a innocent person again lol.)

Liked this episode cause I like the stuff where he and Holmes are meeting. Maybe the anime even makes an original end. For now it seems like this will finish at a satisfying point where a sequel would not be needed. (Probably would take years if they decided to make more though. That is how it usually is. Waiting for more source. And getting the fans hyped again by having them wait so they are desperate and hungy for more lol.)
Jun 20, 2021 11:09 AM

Jul 2015
And ofc.. For the plan of Lord of Crime to come to fruition.. The Lord must die.. taking down the whole system of Privileged with him..
and ofc, yer companion don't want you to die.. so they contacted Sherly.. a betrayal but a sacrifice..
Looks like this will be a summarized Arc..
Jun 20, 2021 12:17 PM

Sep 2017
The escalation of things has felt a bit too fast the last bit of this season. With Milverton dying what seemed like so soon in the story to now the "final" act. I guess it is not surprising that they have skipped a lot of chapters. Seems this is not even the final arc but I assume there is only one other. I'd bet the anime will take a somewhat original route to wrap this up now if that's the case. A little disappointing as I feel there was a lot more potential to be had with such a large cast of characters. Yet so few of them were really developed.
Jun 20, 2021 12:52 PM
Jan 2015
I’m not crying… I’m not 😭😭😭. This episode was so freaking good! I have actually never read a Sherlock Holmes book in my life but this anime makes me want to. I really hope William lives at the end, although I would also be satisfied if he died. I would just be even more sad 😭😭😭
Jun 20, 2021 3:01 PM

Jun 2019
Oh, this will be the last season I guess. I was not expecting for things to end this soon. Honestly, this season has been kind of a mess structurally so I’m hoping that the final episode pulls it all together.
Jun 20, 2021 4:19 PM
Oct 2015
After william's declaration, sherlock finally find out William's perspectives and stands in his side too. I never tought of it since what I know William such merciless with demonic aristocrat. Since the end of all cases he enjoyed a glass of tea, left victims he has helped as criminal. Everyone happy the evil gone
Then this episode come and he said he wanted to die, he is not even enjoyed or wanted to kill that aristocrat. He said that out of the blue. I didn't get it at first.
Then I know how its feels when you wanted something good by doing wrong way several times, you will find out its still wrong you are criminal even never wanted to be the one.
Honestly, I never in William side but I have to say in this episode I pitty him and how helpless he is now. Everyone in villa wanted him to save either.

For final cases, William plan to end up himself for closed this show after starting the event from cruise ship. I am aware of Sherlock's and William's position.
Mycroft said to Sheryl not to died and in the EN did sherlock really kills Liam in the end? I don't know but seems obvious which one. But, still I hope Sherlock do something to save him lke Louis and everyone wanted too.
FokkuAkkuJun 21, 2021 1:30 PM
Jun 20, 2021 4:36 PM

Oct 2016
I don't know what makes me sadder; seeing Louis and Fred so desperate to save James Liam or the fact that there's only one more episode left.
Jun 20, 2021 6:02 PM
Jul 2018
Moriarty changed a lot after that case, which was also very dark, this ending was very curious to know what will happen after this scene at the end.
Jun 20, 2021 7:16 PM

Dec 2020
wonder if william took into consideration that his allies would betray him(to save him ofc). if he did would he just kill himself? would they persuade him? next episode will be really interesting hope they end this well
Jun 20, 2021 9:01 PM

Jan 2020
I have a strong feeling that even if everyone tries and actually succeeds in saving William, he might just kill himself. This was one hell of an emotionally heavy episode.

Sherlock will probably save him by imprisoning him and serving justice, I wonder if the queen is aware of William's plan though. However, I still don't understand why Sherlock would go as far as killing Milverton who was a dead man the moment he decided to jump off that cliff. Why did Sherlock feel the need to be on an equal footing as William? I wonder..

I hope the last episode doesn't end on a cliffhanger or I'll lose my mind. I also hope there will be enough source material to make a last season.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jun 21, 2021 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
William...you're crazy man. I couldn't expect your crime is all planned.
I was impressed Sherlock, Louis, Fred developments. Sherlock is a man of virtue who has delicate heart. I can't believe this arc isn't "final" in a good way. That's why I love this series.
Jun 21, 2021 2:56 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was so fucking good. Everything is coming together and the show doesn't hold back. We got some really good moments with Sherlock and John. William was amazing as usual. Louis and Fred made some very interesting choices. This episode is officially one of my favorite anime episodes of all time and a testament to YuuMori's greatness.
Jun 21, 2021 3:21 AM

Oct 2017
Wait we are suddenly at the endgame? Honestly I didn't expect it to conclude within this season but oh well.

Pretty good build up for the finale, I wonder if Sherlock will be able to save Moriarty.
Jun 21, 2021 4:24 AM

Apr 2021
William has started the scheme that he was planning all along. It seems that this series is reaching its peak.
Jun 21, 2021 5:19 AM

Jul 2016
ProofByColor said:
The escalation of things has felt a bit too fast the last bit of this season. With Milverton dying what seemed like so soon in the story to now the "final" act. I guess it is not surprising that they have skipped a lot of chapters. Seems this is not even the final arc but I assume there is only one other. I'd bet the anime will take a somewhat original route to wrap this up now if that's the case. A little disappointing as I feel there was a lot more potential to be had with such a large cast of characters. Yet so few of them were really developed.

I agree...

This seemed to rushed.
Jun 21, 2021 5:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Sick William. After encountering the sadist Sherlock before, he also done the same route, eh? Never expect this final problem act can be that drastically changed everything. I can't help but laughing with Sherlock status before, tho. Perfect crime with no evidence ever found. Lol. How convenient. The same with William case here. Well, its not like i dislike this kind of event. Its just, uh, way out of expectations honestly. But, anyway, let them role for whatever the end situations they arrange neatly on the William's plan. Can William be the real patriot for the country, or, there's some twist like Irene case before? Ngl, this is way more underwhelming than the first cour with how fast its concluded. But, still, i really looking forward to see the finale, no matter what ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 21, 2021 6:59 AM

Jun 2020
That after credits scene.......omg any longer Sherly & William are in the same room I’m going to fucking explode. Glad to see more of Moran this episode. I don’t want this to end!!!!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 21, 2021 7:43 AM

Oct 2016
They could have easily spread Moriarty to 3 seasons instead of rushing it in 2, but this was still a great episode. We are at the final problem now, with what happened with Milverton, Moriarty is now forced to move up his plan and improvise, that's probably why he suddenly shifted gears and just straight up massacred the aristocrats.

I wonder if Sherlock can really save Moriarty while still making Moriarty's plan a success. I hope they at least do an OVA or something for The Adventure of the Empty Hearts. Looking forward to the last episode.
Jun 21, 2021 8:20 AM
Mar 2020
As everything is moving to the "Final Problem", whatever happened to Irene Adler? She ran with the Moriarty gang as a reverse trap, but now, she's nowhere to be seen.
Jun 21, 2021 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
I think it's fair to say that this episode provides a glimpse into how good this second season could have been if the narrative was more focused on the dichotomy between Sherlock and Moriarty. As it is, the Moriarty group haven't had enough screentime this season for a lot of their feelings about William's impending death to feel justified: we haven't seen that rapport built with the likes of Fred to make his investment in William's life feel earned, for example. Furthermore, this is one of a very small few times we've seen Sherlock actually deduce something, and it's over so quickly despite such moments of deduction being one of the primary appeals of Sherlock stories.

Had this second season focused more on Sherlock's efforts to find the truth and fleshing out the Moriartys, rather than jumping the shark with James Bonde and Dark Knight rip-offs, it could have been just as good if not better than the first season. Instead, we have a lot of wasted potential.
Jun 22, 2021 1:41 AM

Oct 2008
damn! a totally refined episode!
the dynamics of these two is beyond astounding!
let us see the finale conclusion of this show 1 more ep remaining!
5/5.
matias067Jun 22, 2021 1:44 AM

Jun 22, 2021 3:49 AM
Jul 2017
Honestly gonna be pretty sad if Moriarty just lives after all he's done, pretty bummed that Sherlock is helping him at all. But besides this (hopefully Sherlock's gonna change his mind though, but I scarcely believe so) this series has been great and I can't wait for the end after which I'll check the manga
Jun 22, 2021 4:32 AM

Jan 2021
Arthagrawal said:
Can someone answer

The adaptation has been faithful so far (they may have skipped some filler chaps or so but nothing that ruins the plot) and the manga is almost done so i guess there wont be a season 3 ... episode 13 will prolly be the last part of the Final problem arc which I think is a pretty good closure for the series
Jun 22, 2021 2:25 PM

Mar 2017
Wait so is this the end of the anime then? I assume it is because the Final Problem is when Moriarty dies (or something to that effect in this adaptation) but the manga is still ongoing... so does that mean the anime is completely different to the manga?

With Sherlock having figured out all the piece of the Moriartys' puzzle, he's resolved to save William and I found it quite touching that he said he wants to save William as his friend; despite having such a contrasting outlook on life, no one will ever understand Moriarty as Sherlock does and vise versa. It's yet another fantastic twist on the original Moriarty-Holmes dynamic.
Jun 24, 2021 11:58 AM

May 2016
This is gonna be insane ending for sure.
I wouldn't mind a death for greater finale. both way wishing for the best.
Jun 24, 2021 12:20 PM

Sep 2010
Just as I said earlier, but I spoilered it because I was waiting for this moment. The lyrics of the second opening are about Sherlock to Liam as a person (beyond his self-proclaimed role), while the first Opening is about Liam toward his role as the Lord of Crime Moriarty. If you gloss over the general message, the first OP is about committing crimes to catch criminals, and to offer one self as scapegoat to liberate their soul through death. The second OP is about someone who cares dearly for another person (and thinks those feelings are one-sided) and tries to 'catch' them and to set them free by trying to make them live. The actual "rivalry" between them is between a man who thinks only death is his salvation and another man who wants to save his life. If you pay attention to the two opening songs, you've found clues about this development (and Sherlock trying to save Irene is a mini-arc to foreshadow his Arc with Moriarty).

This isn't the typical two rivals clash because of the antagonism (that's why I corrected the ones who saw them as Light and L, not at all), who seek to destroy or outsmart the other to damage them. But two geniuses who truly like each other but one pushes the other into a role to facilitate his social suicide while the other struggles against this job he handed him.

@ProofByColor: Yes, they did rush it and cut arcs, not just now but between course.

dokidoki_bean said:
Wait so is this the end of the anime then? I assume it is because the Final Problem is when Moriarty dies (or something to that effect in this adaptation) but the manga is still ongoing... so does that mean the anime is completely different to the manga?

If you know Sherlock Holmes "lore", you know that after the Final Problem, there's a timeskip. The same applies to the manga. Below is the coloredcover for the last chapter of the "Final Problem" arc:

ThessJun 24, 2021 12:47 PM
Jun 24, 2021 1:50 PM

Mar 2017
Thess said:
Just as I said earlier, but I spoilered it because I was waiting for this moment. The lyrics of the second opening are about Sherlock to Liam as a person (beyond his self-proclaimed role), while the first Opening is about Liam toward his role as the Lord of Crime Moriarty. If you gloss over the general message, the first OP is about committing crimes to catch criminals, and to offer one self as scapegoat to liberate their soul through death. The second OP is about someone who cares dearly for another person (and thinks those feelings are one-sided) and tries to 'catch' them and to set them free by trying to make them live. The actual "rivalry" between them is between a man who thinks only death is his salvation and another man who wants to save his life. If you pay attention to the two opening songs, you've found clues about this development (and Sherlock trying to save Irene is a mini-arc to foreshadow his Arc with Moriarty).

This isn't the typical two rivals clash because of the antagonism (that's why I corrected the ones who saw them as Light and L, not at all), who seek to destroy or outsmart the other to damage them. But two geniuses who truly like each other but one pushes the other into a role to facilitate his social suicide while the other struggles against this job he handed him.

@ProofByColor: Yes, they did rush it and cut arcs, not just now but between course.

dokidoki_bean said:

If you know Sherlock Holmes "lore", you know that after the Final Problem, there's a timeskip. The same applies to the manga. Below is the coloredcover for the last chapter of the "Final Problem" arc:

So the manga continues on after The Final Problem? Obviously, the original Sherlock Holmes books continue after this story but Moriarty dies after the fall from the falls so I assumed this adaptation would end with The Final Problem since this is supposed to be a story from Moriarty's POV
Jun 24, 2021 2:39 PM

Sep 2010
dokidoki_bean said:
So the manga continues on after The Final Problem? Obviously, the original Sherlock Holmes books continue after this story but Moriarty dies after the fall from the falls so I assumed this adaptation would end with The Final Problem since this is supposed to be a story from Moriarty's POV

It continues, yes. But the anime can always do the final scene of that art and, maybe, a post-credit epilogue. If you wanted spoilers, I could send you a private message.
Jun 24, 2021 9:53 PM

Apr 2018
Looks like this is Moriarty's final plan and his brothers seek Sherlock for his help to save Liam. Man this is so exciting I cant wait for the last ep.
Jun 26, 2021 1:58 PM

Oct 2017
The last episode still hasn't aired , yet MAL says "Finished airing", WTF?!?
Jul 6, 2021 3:38 AM

Apr 2018
He exposed himself, that was the final problem. Revealing himself and killing a lot of nobles is the last thing he'll do. Louise and the others don't want him to die, understandable. But how will William live in a world where he killed a ton of people. Not sure if he can bear that but he REALLY wants to die.. and they don't accept that kind of ending I guess.

I knew that this wouldn't try to be different than Code Geass, Death Note or whatever more. Antagonist will always have an ending where they lose everything.

Still enjoyable and amazing plot.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 6, 2021 10:54 PM
Dec 2020
A masterpiece of an anime and episode. Wow I’m speechless. This gave me chills man when William was their when the lightning struck. Milverton is dead let’s go but Sherlock killing him just was a great part of Sherlock going against Williams plan he’s getting to his own know. William bows Sherlock after killing is coming after his head. I wish this could have a happy ending but that’s just impossible. Moriarty brothers and all know they’ll have to die to succeed their plan to have a better world. But shit man William dying from sherlocks hands if that’s happens man William is one of the best villains in anime history doing this all to create a better world I love young will man.😂🔥❤️👍🏻.
Jul 7, 2021 8:43 PM
Dec 2020
What an amazing episode. This going crazy man, everyone trying to save William but he’s trying to be a sacrifice. But Holmes just reached his equal and so this battle has just began. I’m hella scared and have chills man the last episode let’s go and 😭. I’ll just read manga. 😂❤️🔥👍🏻.
Aug 3, 2021 7:50 PM
May 2019
NOOOOOO
Sherlock should not save William :( If he does, that means that, for once, Sherlock won Liam on is own game.
Aug 6, 2021 2:57 AM

Jan 2021
The next last episode will sure be interesting to watch.
Dec 4, 2021 7:32 PM
Mar 2020
The brotherhood in this episode amazed me
Dec 8, 2021 10:54 AM

May 2015
I'm really surprised the series is coming to a close this soon. It genuinely felt there was so much more to come but then suddenly we're in the final problem.

I'm guessing some stuff was cut. Shame cause I've been loving this series. I don't normally touch these types of shows so its been an interesting watch.

P.S the OP is great.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 3, 2022 8:30 AM

Apr 2016
With the exception of the scene where the rich man used his children as shield to not get killed by Moriarty this was a boring mess.
Aug 2, 2022 1:46 PM

Jul 2015
Looks like this is going to be the final case which I certainly did not expect to happen so soon as I expected some more intense cases involving Moriarty clashing with Holmes.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

170 by Assassin2112 »»
Jul 2, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2021

58 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 29, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2021

80 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 20, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2021

137 by MalinaNi »»
May 18, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

75 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.