3It was OK
8.9%
2Disliked it
2.0%
1Hated it
2.2%
Average 4.5
1,145 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, this episode really set up for more storytelling with the appearance of APE Unit 9's. I don't like blonde guy much so far though. Feels too mysterious and I feel like he's hiding something, or perhaps know something important that others don't.

At the half way mark, I think this episode did its job at creating more ways to progress the story. Plus, we got a look at the Garden, the training facility.

About time Zero 2 got more screen time again though with Hiro. However, the way she is acting is much different than usual. What a rough kiss...
Stark700Mar 31, 2018 9:08 AM
Mar 31, 2018 8:03 AM

Sep 2016
tfw dinoaids is real and goro getting cucked again hahaha

GangsterCatMar 31, 2018 8:37 AM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 31, 2018 8:22 AM

Oct 2015
welp is become more hard to see the relationship between hiro and 02 :(
Mar 31, 2018 8:22 AM
Aug 2017
Nothing very interesting happened outside of the ending. Too bad I don't care about Hiro and I already dislike 002.Story still lacks a concrete narrative.
Mar 31, 2018 8:23 AM

Apr 2015
kammie7 said:
Nothing very interesting happened outside of the ending. Too bad I don't care about Hiro and I already dislike 002.Story still lacks a concrete narrative.

So in short: I haven't watched the episode or had not the slightest idea what they were talking about. Got it.
Mar 31, 2018 8:30 AM
Aug 2017
Fappa said:
kammie7 said:

So in short: I haven't watched the episode or had not the slightest idea what they were talking about. Got it.
or I could actually just have an opinion that you don't like.
Mar 31, 2018 8:31 AM

Feb 2014
Soooo, Zero Two wants to kill lot of Kyoryuu so she can become human, and meet her "darling" again. And she used all her previous partners (which exceeds 100 people according to Nines), as a bait, or energy resource so she can fight more and more kyoryuu. Including Hiro.

The irony is, she doesn't remember that her Darling that she met in the past is Hiro.

Hiro also forget about this thing, at least up until now, when he almost get killed by Zero Two.

The plot is getting stronger, and stronger. Next episode is going to be flashback and resolution of this current Hiro-Zero Two relationship, I suppose.

===
The best thing, is we got Pacific Rim x DarliFra CM collaboration, in the middle of livestream. And narrated by Wakamoto Norio too ww
That Darrrrifurrra lol
https://twitter.com/DARLI_FRA/status/980099418799001601?s=19

Also! DarliFra three part movies based on mato's comic announced!
Coming in spring!!!!

:p

https://twitter.com/DARLI_FRA/status/980097411052810241?s=19

Yep, it's only April Fool's joke but honestly I wish it was real. lol
kyuudereMar 31, 2018 8:35 AM
Mar 31, 2018 8:54 AM

Dec 2017
Fappa said:
kammie7 said:

lol, you're defending this anime too much, mate
Mar 31, 2018 9:00 AM

Jul 2014
Jesus, 02 snapped!
*You're nothing but bait! so that I can become a human!*

So not only did those *adults* teach these kids some fucked up shit and had them literally put their lives on the line to protect their sorry asses but they also mind fucked them... God the adults in this show are dicks.

I want a clear view of 02 oni mode! girl's got it tight! or does 02 have no gender? and Kokoro asking the real shit *where did we really come from!* theres only one way to find out, try matting with a dude, anyways, find out on the next episode of Cuck In The Frankxx!
Mar 31, 2018 9:07 AM

Mar 2012
Looks like things are picking up this episode plot-wise. Hopefully they resolve this thing between Hiro and Zero Two next ep

On a side note:
Mar 31, 2018 9:15 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
In this episode, we can enjoy with the depth in the relationships of team members one more time, in this case 02 and Hiro again!!! episodes to meet and love the characters...before the tears?! or tragedy?! kekeke
Mar 31, 2018 9:16 AM

Mar 2016
if I'm the only one here who wished a key character would appear here that is voiced by sly-sounding Kensho Ono, then I apologize :P
Mar 31, 2018 9:21 AM

Mar 2016
Shokugeki said:
Looks like things are picking up this episode plot-wise. Hopefully they resolve this thing between Hiro and Zero Two next ep

On a side note:

I personally think Kokoro and Mitsuru click well together, tbh....and for now, it seems like a necessity considering the lack of connection between mitsuru and his previous partner
Mar 31, 2018 9:26 AM

Dec 2009
Not the time to confess Hiro...

Goro and Zorome jealous of blonde Nines, he is going to NTR the entire cast and I'll love it.
Mar 31, 2018 9:28 AM

Jul 2014
blazehero said:
Not the time to confess Hiro...

Goro and Zorome jealous of blonde Nines, he is going to NTR the entire cast and I'll love it.

Please start with Ichigo!!! then red head! I can already see the doujins ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 31, 2018 9:30 AM

Dec 2014
Well, we're taken back to the garden where the kids grew and it look like they remember it differently from what's happening now. I guess that means we're moving towards some kind of inevitable point in the world given that the garden is trying to speed up parasite growth.

Zero Two totally lost it this episode, it's kinda hard to watch her like this. :(

The blonde haired guy from the Nine's just wants to provoke and instigate things. xD

The final scene showing Zero Two's original form was pretty good. It does looks like Zero Two and Hiro met at some point in the past as well, this might also be the trigger behind Mitsuru saying Hiro 'changed' at some point when they were kids.
Mar 31, 2018 9:34 AM

Apr 2015
kammie7 said:

I know, to which I gave you mine.
Mar 31, 2018 9:43 AM

Feb 2017
This was the most interesting episode for me so far. Plot is finally moving forward.
Mar 31, 2018 9:43 AM
Aug 2017
Fappa said:
kammie7 said:

I know, to which I gave you mine.

One of those is factually wrong as I did watch it. Whether I understood it is actually opinion that can be argued although it's not hard to understand this series.
Mar 31, 2018 9:46 AM

Aug 2015
So they just glossed over Futoshi and Kokoro. How unrealistic but whatever. Back to the garden and they're back for testing but it's really just for zero two since she's been off her rocker for awhile now. Doesn't seem like its working either. She really went off this episode. Hiro's been trying to help her and understand what's going on but it looks like he might die before we get that. So when he got his memories erased it was because he found zero two by that tree he mentioned to Ichigo. Seems like she got her memory erased too since she can't remember that her former darling was Hiro all those years ago. Hiro finally confesses his love for Zero two and she just pushed him down and she was gonna show him the next step but she doesn't love him, she went from liking him as her partner to calling him fodder. wow what's going on with her? Even though I get the feeling that leader of the nines is an asshole, someone he knew that riding with zero two will turn him into a klaxosaur. What a crazy epiosde this week.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Mar 31, 2018 9:47 AM

Nov 2016
So we learned about the whole extent of 02's plan and apparently she and Hiro met once before. Good episode,things start to get interesting for real.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 31, 2018 9:56 AM

Jul 2017
waht does zero two even want from hiro at this point
Mar 31, 2018 9:56 AM
Feb 2018
kyuudere said:
Soooo, Zero Two wants to kill lot of Kyoryuu so she can become human, and meet her "darling" again. And she used all her previous partners (which exceeds 100 people according to Nines), as a bait, or energy resource so she can fight more and more kyoryuu. Including Hiro.

The irony is, she doesn't remember that her Darling that she met in the past is Hiro.

Hiro also forget about this thing, at least up until now, when he almost get killed by Zero Two.

The plot is getting stronger, and stronger. Next episode is going to be flashback and resolution of this current Hiro-Zero Two relationship, I suppose.

===
The best thing, is we got Pacific Rim x DarliFra CM collaboration, in the middle of livestream. And narrated by Wakamoto Norio too ww
That Darrrrifurrra lol
https://twitter.com/DARLI_FRA/status/980099418799001601?s=19

Also! DarliFra three part movies based on mato's comic announced!
Coming in spring!!!!

:p

https://twitter.com/DARLI_FRA/status/980097411052810241?s=19

Yep, it's only April Fool's joke but honestly I wish it was real. lol

Great explanation, hell you fuly explained it to me and i get now
Mar 31, 2018 9:58 AM

Jun 2015
Poor Zero Two wants to badly become human so she can meet her original darling, but is doing it the wrong way. What she doesn't realize is that Hiro is her original darling. Things are picking up quickly.
Mar 31, 2018 9:58 AM
Aug 2015
I think Zero Two's flirtatious behavior towards Hiro is part of her agenda that she might be using him. Between 16:30 and 18:35 points out some reasons why I think she is merely using him:
-While romantic love does include this and more, I am under the impression she thinks such love is just kissing and sex.
-She tells Hiro to kill more Klaxosaurs and make her human.
-She points out Hiro is merely fodder for her.

Hiro truly loves her and has shown he would give his life for her, but she doesn't seem to feel the same way at the moment.
Mar 31, 2018 10:02 AM
Jan 2018
calm down guys, remember ep 6 hiro saw the white tree, and in this ep it starts to see some memories .. It is certainly hiro that she is looking for ..
Only that 02 no longer remembers who is that person

"Episode 12 is important, but episode 13 is crucial "
This a comment on reddit!
in the next episode we will see the memories of hiro, and we will have a comparison hiro / 02 ...
maybe hiro will be able to remind 02 that the real darling has always been him
Angel942Mar 31, 2018 10:07 AM
Mar 31, 2018 10:03 AM

Nov 2017
Anyone knows when the second cour is starting? Been searching around for a while....
Mar 31, 2018 10:05 AM
Oct 2017
i think it was a good idea to introduce more characters with colour-coordinated super sentai hair instead of developing the ones that already exist because those characters are fucking gay lol

also letterboxing frames is a really cool directing move and not hackneyed
Mar 31, 2018 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
Finally intense episode. 02 having hard time while Hiro can't do much.
Mar 31, 2018 10:11 AM

Jan 2009
so its pretty much confirmed now that Hiro lost his memories of the past thats why he forgot about Mitsuru and also the real Darling that Zero Two is obsessed with is obviously the little Hiro back then too lol

Zero Two's original Darling is right beside her all along and she does not recognize him huh

and the animation seems below average this episode
Mar 31, 2018 10:13 AM
Nov 2017
Some notes i took as i watched.
https://i.imgur.com/0thWYmn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/XPvnDoI.jpg
holy shit haha
-winter time darling, feels weird but i like their winter outfits.
-zero two had long nails
-Do not approve of blonde 9 kid kissing my ichigo
-How dare you shoot zero two!
-Oh shit flashback memories to tiny zero two and Hiro meetup
-Zero Two big horni
-Zero two acting crazy on the battlefield
-"I'm going to kill you all and become human" holy shit
-"I was attracted to the person you are! It doesn't matter if you're human or not" same hiro.
-"I love you, zero two"
-Hiro finally getting some balls and some character development, it is about time.
-"I'll teach you what comes after kissing." Whoooo boy.
-He is your Darling! not your fodder...
-Oh so they call Zero Two's transformation process "Saurification." and it has increased ever since they became partners. Maybe she needs to be killing *less* klaxosaurs.
-Damn Zero Two can't even look at herself, breaking all those mirrors...
-She is the partner killer because she places a curse on her partner that slowly drains their life away...
-"...she's the key to saving the world"
-Damn she has killed more than 100 stamens, i thought it would be in the tens or something.
-She pushed Argentea out of the way... unforgiveable.
-Oh good another berserk form
-Oh no she is just using Hiro to meet her old Darling...
Mar 31, 2018 10:14 AM

Apr 2017
Zero Two going more and more berserk every episode.

Don't worry guys, I bet Naomi and all the kids that disappeared and never came back are at the farm where all the old and sick animals go.
cunnysseur
Mar 31, 2018 10:18 AM

Feb 2015
Waiting for 002 to realize that Hiro is her Darling.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Mar 31, 2018 10:19 AM

Dec 2017
@Fappa i would like to know your interpretation of this episode, if you could, please

'cause i couldn't really find anything new, everything was already shown or explained partially. maybe something interesting about 002's struggling? wanna know what you think
Mar 31, 2018 10:20 AM

Nov 2012
So Hiro also got NTRed just because 02 doesn't remember him as her true Darling.
Poor Hiro..

Hope I can see 02's smile again soon.. I really miss it :(
Mar 31, 2018 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
So since they've met before, Hiro's probably the "darling" that Zero Two was referring to. It's sad because neither of them recognize each other. Either way, I just want them to end up happy...

*ignores death flags waving in the distance*
Mar 31, 2018 10:28 AM
Jan 2018
Finally get a real freaking episode that advances the main plot instead of the stupid side relationships. I think we are gonna find out that Hiro was Zero Twos original darling. The testing they did on Hiro that changed him was with Zero Two. Fingers crossed they don't hold the story off to give us another side relationship drama episode..
Mar 31, 2018 10:28 AM

Feb 2018
Man this ep made me re think everything abt zero two.

the one thing that stook to my mind was when she said “Give me all your life so I can see my Darling from before”.

WHO WHO WHO?!?
Mar 31, 2018 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
Finally, the plot is moving again.

Mar 31, 2018 10:32 AM

Dec 2010
The best episode so far, i want to know more about the Zero Two, she seems a oni from Hiro memories but also the mother where everything began. Also i suspect these blue monsters were in reality real humans turned into monster thanks to these experiments, expecially the ones who aren't compatible.

They try to create super humans like in EvE from Zero Two genes? They do not show what kind of maintenance she get so i can speculate.

5/5, amazing plot advancement.
Mar 31, 2018 10:34 AM

Aug 2008
I think I'm done with this series. It has become really tedious to watch. Characters and writing are bland to the point of somehow being annoying. You just want them to get to the fucking point but instead they ramble on to no end. Maybe it was 02 being one trick cunt that broke the camel's back. Or MC being his jarring self. Or every other character having no personality outside of what is defined by their design.

Can't we get a decent mecha series once in a while? Is it so much to ask?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 31, 2018 10:36 AM

Nov 2012
Futoshi's character continues to make me sick with how pathetic he is, I hope he develops or dies. I hate spineless people like that.

I wonder why 02 is considered the one that can save the world, but is only 02. What's up with 01?
Jaywalker.
Mar 31, 2018 10:37 AM

Dec 2017
Antanaru said:
I think I'm done with this series. It has become really tedious to watch. Characters and writing are bland to the point of somehow being annoying. You just want them to get to the fucking point but instead they ramble on to no end. Maybe it was 02 being one trick cunt that broke the camel's back. Or MC being his jarring self. Or every other character having no personality outside of what is defined by their design.

Can't we get a decent mecha series once in a while? Is it so much to ask?

i'd suggest you just put it on hold for now, i think it's changing for better bit by bit. but it's indeed kind of frustrating
Mar 31, 2018 10:38 AM

Aug 2014
Horrible episode, bunch of nonsense ... Monster? Curse? Didnt they already speak about it in the first episodes? Isnt it the time to reveal what is that thing which makes her a Monster? Why does she look different from other human beings? Still not very impressed with the episode. At some point it just felt like they are trying to enforce some stupid drama that nobody cares about, holy s*it zero two's behaviour even started to annoy me.

P.S I noticed them saying that the Klaxosaurs have never been spotted in the area where they are growing those children, yet in the first episode we see the same scenary with Zero 2 and Klaxosaurs around her ... Ummm wat?
NamelessWaltzMar 31, 2018 10:42 AM
Mar 31, 2018 10:40 AM
Mar 2016
So they wiped Hiro’s memory that’s why he can’t remember anything from his past.
Zero Two is trying to become human and reunite with her darling which is actually Hiro..... but they don’t recognize each other.
I swear to god when they finally realize that they met in the past it’ll be too late.
Mar 31, 2018 10:43 AM

Feb 2016
Beautiful episode, awesome episode. I don't know why, but I have sympathy for those Nines; that blonde kid wasn't try to agitate our characters, but being fond of.

Finally, Hiro said his love.

Zero Two has devoured more than one hundred stamens; go go my girl, ;P

I hope, Squad 13 finds the truth about Naomi.

As a side note; Ichigo's eyes are beautiful at this episode; makes her more cute.

Fnights said:
The best episode so far, i want to know more about the Zero Two, she seems a oni from Hiro memories but also the mother where everything began. Also i suspect these blue monsters were in reality real humans turned into monster thanks to these experiments, expecially the ones who aren't compatible.

They try to create super humans like in EvE from Zero Two genes? They do not show what kind of maintenance she get so i can speculate.

5/5, amazing plot advancement.

In this case, what is the meaning of that core inside klaxosaurs?
AeonessMar 31, 2018 10:56 AM
Mar 31, 2018 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
This Episode GHrabbed the Hyope meter and Put it into Overdrive. We now realize that Klaxoaids really exist and that Zero Two Can Switch between Mostly Klaxosaur and Mostly Human Maybe even against her will.

NEXT WEEK'S EP WILL BE LIT FAM :OK_HAND:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2018 10:44 AM

Jul 2015
>You are just fodder
owch
Read my comic pl0x :D
Rockerella meets Merman
Mar 31, 2018 10:44 AM

Jan 2009
Darling in the FranXX - literally her Darling is in the FranXX all along
Mar 31, 2018 10:49 AM

Jun 2014
Well I suppose now is the appropriate time to use the legendary phrase: "Bitches be crazy." Like damn, Zero Two is spiraling out of control.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1501 by Extremo888 »»
Sep 2, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

343 by NB_Links »»
Sep 1, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

70 by Cheer_Leader »»
Aug 22, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

50 by jumbosan »»
Jul 30, 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.