3It was OK
18.1%
2Disliked it
3.6%
1Hated it
2.1%
Average 4.1
751 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2017 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So their survival experiment has its own rules too. Interesting.

There's rules involving picking a leader (guessing the leader gains points if done correctly), points exchange, and how to earn points. I kinda felt bad for Class D as it seems they aren't very prepared for this. Not the other classes were prepared but they seem to know what they're doing so far.

I think the episode tested not only strategy but also how to cooperate as a team together to win/or lose.
Sep 6, 2017 9:35 AM

Aug 2013
So the survival test begins with Horikita Suzune being picked as the leader. Class D managed to unite in the end. Lets see how long that last.

Class D found Ibuki from Class C injured. Looks like Class C is having problems on it own.

I have to agree with tarzan Kouenji, the moon was beautiful.

Sep 6, 2017 9:39 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
oh ofc Kushida, i will definitely eat your boobs :3

Sep 6, 2017 9:47 AM

Mar 2017
Does anyone have a time machine? I need to jump ahead a week.
    have a berry

good day lol
Sep 6, 2017 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
The arc (event) can be good to depict their school's aim.

There are some ways to survive a week on the island.
Each class has each strategy.
Thus, you can guess what kind of measure they will take to live from the nature of each class and the leader.

In this episode, there are already some scenes that the protagonist, Ayanokouji, is capable.
It may be interesting to re-watch this arc after the end of the special exam.

This anime has some replacements. e.g. characters' actions
I just hope it will not ruin the arc.
I'm wondering if a certain boy's love events are deleted in the anime.

(I'm a reader of the novel series.)
MyBUSHIDOSep 6, 2017 9:58 AM
I'm just Japanese who loves Anime, Manga and Light Novels.
And I translate Japanese into English to be fluent.

Sep 6, 2017 10:02 AM
Jan 2017
omg i wish this anime be 24/25 ep they didn't tell how many ep until now so i have hope .. best anime for summer 2017 without doubt
Sep 6, 2017 10:08 AM

Jul 2015
This arc started pretty interestingly, but seeing the point we are right now of the season, the anime might end with this arc as well, not sure how the conclusion will feel.
Sep 6, 2017 10:15 AM

Jul 2015
Otaku4ever10 said:
omg i wish this anime be 24/25 ep they didn't tell how many ep until now so i have hope .. best anime for summer 2017 without doubt

As of now, it's already confirmed that the anime has 12 episodes at least.
MyBUSHIDOSep 6, 2017 10:24 AM

Sep 6, 2017 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
Only 3 episodes left? I wish this season would get more episodes, I'm afraid the ending will be disappointing. I hope I'm wrong...

Sep 6, 2017 10:23 AM
Jan 2017
MyBUSHIDO said:
Otaku4ever10 said:

do you mean this is the last arc of the anime and they won't do another arc or something like that
Sep 6, 2017 10:26 AM

Mar 2010
This definitely be at least a 24 episodes series now. I cannot bring myself to think 12episdes to wrap up the whole story even though theres a slight divergence from the light novel. I'm so going to be mad with half-ass ending after so much excitement has been built up till now!

For those who are interested, the anime is following very slow the light novel.
Atm we are on 2 vol (6 vol total), if the anime ends with 12 episode. Then it will finish with the end of 2nd vol.
In this arc Ayanokoji is the most badass out of all six vol. The ending is epic.
Sebastian333Sep 6, 2017 8:30 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2017 10:26 AM
Jan 2017
it's funny how MAL declare the anime genres as comedy and romance which i've never seen even in one scene xD
Sep 6, 2017 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
Otaku4ever10 said:
MyBUSHIDO said:

do you mean this is the last arc of the anime and they won't do another arc or something like that

Maybe I wrote it in a misunderstandable way.
I meant, "12" is the minimum number of episodes the anime has.

Sep 6, 2017 10:27 AM

Sep 2015
Koenji what the hell are you doing?

And so many Sakura in 1 episode.
Into the Internet!
Sep 6, 2017 10:31 AM
Jan 2017
MyBUSHIDO said:
Otaku4ever10 said:

oh i misunderstand LOL xD .. but the light novel doesn't cover 24 episodes unless the studio will make episodes of their own or alternative ending which i don't recommend coz that will be the worst thing for a good anime like that
Sep 6, 2017 10:33 AM
Apr 2017
When they were searching for branches and found that girl from class C why did ayanokouji suddenly pull the other guy back when he was rushing to that class C girl's side ? I first thought ayanokouji meant it as "it could be a trap" but then he said something like "nevermind". Did I miss out on something or will they reveal the reason later on ?
Sep 6, 2017 10:34 AM

Mar 2010
MyBUSHIDO said:

So tell me somethin.. Did they depicted Ayanokouji-kun personality tally with the novel version? I dropped the manga version because I couldn't withstand at Ayanokouji-kun 's manga version behaviour,,,, , the easy-going expressionful version seems so dumb as to compare with the anime's bland version. lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2017 10:35 AM

Jun 2015
The survival test begins. It has it's own rules. Horikita is picked as leader. Ike is pretty smart. He knows a lot about camping. Ibuki from Class C is injured and Class D found her. Kouenji was graceful in this episode. He was swinging around like Tarzan.
Sep 6, 2017 10:43 AM

Jul 2015
Otaku4ever10 said:
MyBUSHIDO said:

oh i misunderstand LOL xD .. but the light novel doesn't cover 24 episodes unless the studio will make episodes of their own or alternative ending which i don't recommend coz that will be the worst thing for a good anime like that

The 3rd volume of the novel has this arc.
The novel series has, including Volume 4.5, 7 volumes.
The event of "pool" is in the volume 4.5.
It sounds like the anime has potential to have 24 episodes.
But that pool event took place after everything related to this arc came to an end in the novel.
In addition to it, the anime has replaced character's actions with other characters.
So It doesn't seem the anime has 24 episodes.

Sep 6, 2017 10:46 AM

Dec 2008
Not very good choice of leader imho
Going by logic, I'd definitely call out Hirata and/or Horikita as leader

Koenji never fails to make himself unlikable
Keep it in, Tarzan.

Nice to see some decent qualities of Ike.
Sep 6, 2017 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
Let's waste points right off the bat on an outhouse. Not like there's one big bathroom all around us or anything.

Also, what makes Horikita any better a pick than Hirata and the other girl after the stunt she pulled on the beach?

Well, if nothing else, this episode lets you know that these folks belong in Class D. Lol.
Sep 6, 2017 10:49 AM

Jul 2015
Sebastian333 said:
MyBUSHIDO said:

So tell me somethin.. Did they depicted Ayanokouji-kun personality tally with the novel version? I dropped the manga version because I couldn't withstand at Ayanokouji-kun 's manga version behaviour,,,, , the easy-going expressionful version seems so dumb as to compare with the anime's bland version. lol

Well, Novels can express everything with texts.
The novel series shows his personality with his narration (monologue).
I've not read the manga, so I can't compare the novel with manga.

Sep 6, 2017 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
Koenji is just in his own little world lol.

Ike may be part of the dumb trio, but at least he knows what he's doing when it comes to camping. For now, it looks like class D should be able to get through this island survival thing without too many problems, but for sure something is going to go wrong. Also I feel like Horikita shouldn't have been picked as the leader, if I was in a different class she'd be one of my top choices. They probably should have picked someone that nobody would ever consider.

They found Ibuki from class C abandoned in the forest, and while there may not be any ulterior motives from her or class C, I can't help but immediately assume this is a trap.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 6, 2017 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
I am really weirded out by Horikita.. why does she look so.. frail? whats going on with her? is she sick? injured?

Also Ayanokoji stopping his classmate from helping the class C girl, that angle with shadowed eyes.. what was that for? did he find something fishy?

Also damn you narcissist bastard.
Sep 6, 2017 11:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I always knew that that Koenji guy was going to be a problem.....How could you just screw everyone over like that
Sep 6, 2017 11:04 AM
Jun 2015
Mia01 said:
Only 3 episodes left? I wish this season would get more episodes, I'm afraid the ending will be disappointing. I hope I'm wrong...

My guess is they would finish this arc in episode 11 and the 12th episode will be a finale of some sort :(
Sep 6, 2017 11:10 AM
Jun 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
Koenji is just in his own little world lol

Was literally about to say this. lol
Sep 6, 2017 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
They need someone who's responsible and doesn't stand out to be their leader. So they choose Horikita, the same person who declared "war" a couple of episodes ago. BRAVO

Sakura, cute as always <3
Sep 6, 2017 11:27 AM

Sep 2014
This show's getting kinda boring. Nothing happening too much. Hopefully it picks up in a couple of episodes.
Sep 6, 2017 11:28 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Seems like the show is back on track.

There are multiple mystery points build up here.

What is the deal with Koenji (double agent maybe?) and why did he leave the island since it costs D-class points?

Ibuki could be a key player here, she seemed to be generally abused by Ryuen but i learned to not look at the characters here at face value.

Is Katsuragi the leader of Class A? Might be a bait, who knows.

Also Ike is MVP.
Sep 6, 2017 11:40 AM

Jun 2015
i really like the characterization in this show, and it really is starting to shine as it keeps going. Sakura sure gets a lot of screentime nowadays, but with making the characters stand out, the pacing of the story takes a hit. I guess i mean that it takes too long to get to the point. There really is no reason to help Ibuki either
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen
Sep 6, 2017 11:41 AM

Sep 2014
MyBUSHIDO said:

Are there love events in this arc?
Sep 6, 2017 11:52 AM

Jul 2015
ijnek93 said:
MyBUSHIDO said:

The novel has some descriptions that the boy is getting curious about a certain girl little by little.
The girl is replaced with other character in this episode.

Sep 6, 2017 11:53 AM

Apr 2016
I think Kushida suggesting Horikita to be the leader was an attempt to spite her since Kushida secretly hates her and Horikita felt reluctant to take that position.
Sep 6, 2017 11:59 AM

Sep 2014
MyBUSHIDO said:
ijnek93 said:

The novel has some descriptions that the boy is getting curious about a certain girl little by little.

Who is the boy? And the girl? Which character replaced her?
Sep 6, 2017 12:02 PM

Jul 2015
ijnek93 said:
MyBUSHIDO said:

I thought revealing their name could be a spoiler.

Sep 6, 2017 12:11 PM
Nov 2016
Aaaaaaand we are back to the tense story telling that makes this anime good. I like how this is going.

Seems like the survival training isn't as easy as they thought it was gonna be. The fact that Ayanokoji isn't making use of his intellect or physical prowess is a bit frustrating but I have a feeling that it's about to change.

Man, Sakura-san is so cute.
Sep 6, 2017 12:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Aaah, Sakura's blushes were too cute. I know Ayanokoji is not going to go the romance route, but damnit if he has to choose I hope it's Sakura he goes for.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 6, 2017 12:24 PM

Sep 2014
MyBUSHIDO said:
ijnek93 said:

I see. Thanks for the info anyway.
Sep 6, 2017 12:26 PM

Dec 2014
I hated koenji and he does what is expected of him....only thinking of himself without thinking of consequences and thus being a hassle for others
Sep 6, 2017 12:34 PM

Jan 2016
OPObsessed said:
Does anyone have a time machine? I need to jump ahead a week.

Found one yet? I need one to!
Sep 6, 2017 12:39 PM
May 2011
With each new episode i'm learning more and more that im just wasting time watching a pseudo harem anime that will ultimately go nowhere in revealing all if any of the questions that the series has poised since the beginning.

3 episodes is alot of time but something tells me they're gonna use all 3 for this survival arc.

'WAIT.... WE CANT CHOOSE HIRATA TO BE OUR LEADER... IT WOULD BE TO OBVIOUS.... LETS CHOOSE THE ONE THAT SAVED SUDO FROM BEING EXPELLED TWICE AND MADE THE GIANT DECLARATION ONTOP OF THE DIVING BOARD CLAIMING THAT SHE WOULD MAKE IT TO A CLASS... YES LETS CHOOSE HER"

They really should've chose Sudo... it could've been a MUUUUUUUCH NEEDED character dev. moment for him since they seem to only reiterate that this guys only feeling is "IMA SO ANNGERY"

And the tarzan dude. sigh.... like how does this show starts every episode with some pretentious as fuck quote from well known philosophers but still expect me to take this shit seriously.

I've been "done" with this show since episode 6 hoping that the saving grace would be learning more about ayanokouji's past but damn i was just light novel baited.
Sep 6, 2017 12:42 PM

Jul 2017
Picking Horikita as leader makes no sense, as others have pointed out. Very likely Class D will have to change leader eventually. Ike would've been a good choice, he's bland, knows his trade in the wild, unremarkable and unworthy of being a leader in other circumstances, he would've avoided all suspicion from the other classes. Would that count as a legitimate reason? Teacher used the word "legitimate" which in the anime's context is quite vague. Kushida pushed for Horikita as leader in I think a clear ploy to make her look bad when they ultimately do change leader. Horikita would have appeared to fail as a leader, and Kushida would enjoy that, considering she hates her deeply.

Surrounding the leader entering the pass in the console is a good idea but they did it badly. They just had people around, then 3 people crouching remained as they moved out. Any spy from other classes could've seen that it was one of those 3 that inserted the card on the console. Oh and Horikita's in the middle, how to attract attention 101. See below.

Should have used the whole class, takes 5 seconds to enter the card in the console. All have their ugly tracksuits anyways, so any spy or observer would attempt to differentiate each character by looking at their face, hair, etc. To counter that, they could've put their bags behind their heads, protecting the field of vision even more. Only six people surrounding 3 crouched people is not efficient, there's plenty of holes to look through with that formation.

Classes might lose points on illness or serious injuries. How about you poison Ibuki's food and render her ill? There's a penalty for removing the watches without permission, but most likely that's only about your own class. Remove her watch when Ibuki's sleeping. If Ibuki's a Class C trap to mess with Class D (why was there a towel around a branch on top of Ibuki, why did we get a shot of it before MC stopped the other guy trying to go help Ibuki?), might as well use her against them.

They're supposed to be the elite kids of Japan, it has been a show about cunning moves and competition between classes, but they make so many easily avoidable mistakes. Class A leader seriously walks out a cave with the leader card still in his hand? Really? Hopefully things get more interesting forward in this arc.
Sep 6, 2017 12:43 PM

Aug 2013
Otaku4ever10 said:
it's funny how MAL declare the anime genres as comedy and romance which i've never seen even in one scene xD

Hmm? This is how comedy scenes should be blended into series which are not a pure comedies. This anime is not based on a comedy, but it doesn't mean that it can't be a comedy sometimes.

Farabeuf said:
Aaah, Sakura's blushes were too cute. I know Ayanokoji is not going to go the romance route, but damnit if he has to choose I hope it's Sakura he goes for.

Me too. But tsunderes are always winning, so no hope for that.
rsc-plSep 6, 2017 12:47 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 6, 2017 12:45 PM

Nov 2016
This was actually nice for a change, probably because the previous 2 episodes were so bad in comparison.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 6, 2017 12:49 PM

Jul 2015
ijnek93 said:
MyBUSHIDO said:

I see. Thanks for the info anyway.

Thank you for your understanding. You're welcome.

Sep 6, 2017 12:50 PM

Nov 2008
Where's The Predator when you need him and take out everyone, except mostly the ones in D Class, Kushida can get skined alive for all care.

Sep 6, 2017 1:01 PM
Jul 2016
4Dissinity said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Koenji is just in his own little world lol

Was literally about to say this. lol

LOL SAME. And he screwed everyone over, such a bitch.
Sep 6, 2017 1:02 PM

Dec 2013
Wait a sec, so our beloved Tarzan Koenji just cost the class a full day's worth of meals then?
The way he looked didn't seem like he was ill or anything, so I wonder what's actually up with him. Doubt he's sick, and the way he navigates the forest seems too good an advantage to not use for his class.... so why the selfish move?

That said, I still don't trust the girl from C Class. She may be acting all aloof and stuff right now, but I wouldn't bet against her going Peter Bailesh on them once she figures out who the leader of D Class is. Keeping her here seems dangerous, but knowing Ayanokouji, he probably has some sort of measures to counter whatever C Class is planning.

Also, I don't trust the burly A Class dude is the leader, the way they were conversing made me think that the wimpy guy following him around that he was "managing" was the actual Leader for A Class.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 6, 2017 1:24 PM
Jul 2016
As much as I love Horikita, I think choosing her as the leader was a wrong move and I can't help but think this is Kushida just being a lame bitch and suggesting her out of her spite for Horikita. How can they agree to that? She just declared war on the other classes. Talk about obvious.

Plus that Katsuragi guy, I don't think he's Class A's leader... it's most likely a bait.

And true, Sakura is cute and I like her but she kinda annoyed me a little in this episode. This is just me but I get you like Ayanokoji but don't just vote to go for a task you're not up for and slow down others in this situation.

Hirata is a good leader but he's also an obvious choice, they could have chosen Ike or Sudo or the glasses guy, Yukimura.

Ibuki from Class C, that may be a trap or not but that Class C guy, Ryuuen that was harassing Horikita would most likely use her.

As for Koenji, such a bitch, he basically just screwed them over when he could have been useful in a way with his Tarzan moves. He doesn't look ill at all

Speaking of being ill, I can't help but think Horikita isn't in the best condition since the last episode.
DolapoSep 6, 2017 1:36 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it just me or is Ayanokoji the most annoying little brat? ( 1 2 3 )

someguy - Sep 15

126 by Aruhaya »»
Sep 19, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

531 by jumbosan »»
Sep 10, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

170 by jumbosan »»
Sep 9, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2017

287 by Epiroogu »»
Jun 12, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

229 by Epiroogu »»
Jun 12, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.