3It was OK
5.5%
2Disliked it
2.7%
1Hated it
3.0%
Average 4.5
561 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2017 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loos like this episode takes place around Summer time.
Nice fireworks.

I think for episodes like this, it's where feelings get more tense. Hanabi and Mugi's relationship is getting more complex as well.

That ending got really tense. Love can really be so complicated especially when it involves the teacher, Akane.
Mar 2, 2017 9:11 AM
Jul 2016
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loos like this episode takes place around Summer time.
Nice fireworks.

I think for episodes like this, it's where feelings get more tense. Hanabi and Mugi's relationship is getting more complex as well.

That ending got really tense. Love can really be so complicated especially when it involves the teacher, Akane.

Well this and last episode take place during summer holidays ;)
Mar 2, 2017 9:30 AM
Mar 2017
Finally we reach the climax of the story! That was pretty fast, never expected this much to be covered in a single episode. Poor Hana :(

Interested to see how the rating on MAL will change after this :)
Mar 2, 2017 10:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
KageLx said:
Finally we reach the climax of the story! That was pretty fast, never expected this much to be covered in a single episode. Poor Hana :(

Interested to see how the rating on MAL will change after this :)
Lol you and me both
Mar 2, 2017 12:05 PM

Feb 2008
I don't think the rating will change that much to be honest.
Mar 2, 2017 12:33 PM

Jun 2014
Those who've stuck around might bump it up (because holy shit, what a great episode), but so many are tuning in and writing it off quick right now that a rating spike is unlikely. But who cares? Anime romance this great is exceptionally rare and we should just appreciate it.
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1) If Evangelion and Psycho-Pass are his only 10s, he probably also worships Tool and smells like cheesy puffs 2) Freudian psychosis =/= good writing 3) Moe blob art style is only ok in pure slice-of-life comedy 4) It's ok to enjoy shounen. Having fun is allowed 5) It is not ok to enjoy isekai (jk, it is, I just fucking hate it) 6) Creator breakdown =/= good writing 7) A story does not have to be wrapped up with a bow. Life is messy, why would a good story need to be tidy? 8) InuYasha is proto-Twilight 9) Ecchi CAN be good, but is almost always an abomination 10) If God is real, They allowed Super Kid to happen, so fuck Them
Mar 2, 2017 12:37 PM

Jun 2014
Also mad kudos Andou, he should be the go-to "intense, complicated romance" guy. So much happened and it was overwhelming but didn't feel rushed. Dude gets it.
TEN COMMANDMENTS:
1) If Evangelion and Psycho-Pass are his only 10s, he probably also worships Tool and smells like cheesy puffs 2) Freudian psychosis =/= good writing 3) Moe blob art style is only ok in pure slice-of-life comedy 4) It's ok to enjoy shounen. Having fun is allowed 5) It is not ok to enjoy isekai (jk, it is, I just fucking hate it) 6) Creator breakdown =/= good writing 7) A story does not have to be wrapped up with a bow. Life is messy, why would a good story need to be tidy? 8) InuYasha is proto-Twilight 9) Ecchi CAN be good, but is almost always an abomination 10) If God is real, They allowed Super Kid to happen, so fuck Them
Mar 2, 2017 1:14 PM

Jan 2009
And *boom*

Good lord, being Hanabi sure is tough. I really feel for the girl. Actually, quite a bit more than at the same time when I read the manga, so the anime even eclipses the manga in emotional impact, at least in my opinion.

I'd be careful with "climax" though. There's more to come. This show won't go out with a whimper.
Mar 2, 2017 2:06 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well, god damn it Mugi. Why you do this now? He knows everything yet continues to be a huge doormat. I feel bad for Hanabi. I hope she doesn't find out about this.

I also gained respect for Kanai. He didn't use her in this state and properly rejected in a way that's kind to her.
Mar 2, 2017 2:27 PM

Aug 2016
This episode was just amazing.
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 2, 2017 2:42 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The only way Mugi and Hanabi's relationship could've gotten any more complicated was if they both confessed to their respective crushes only for one of them to be accepted and the other one rejected. And go figure what happened

Though I'm not sure you can say Akane "accepted" Mugi but shit sure got real between them and anything is possible from here on out. Given Akane's typical persona, sleeping around is not a big deal to her, but considering Mugi's forceful intention of "changing" her, I don't think she was unfazed by it

Sooo this kinda feels like the love polygon has been reduced to a love triangle. Although if Hanabi finds out about this new development between Mugi and Akane and ends up heartbroken from it, then maybe Ecchan will take advantage of her again, who knows

Lots of possibilities out in the open still
Mar 2, 2017 3:01 PM

Aug 2016
Aww I feel like the guy who likes Ecchan (Atsuya Kirishima) is the only sane one in this series, unless they go and reveal his dark emotions next episode. Maybe something important will happen involving him. Wonder if anyone likes Moka?

Wow, I didn't think they'd really be able to go through with confessing. And I think the reactions were to be expected. However, actually confessing their love so directly seemed a little unrealistic in my opinion. I mean, I wouldn't be able to confess to my crush so easily.

Yeah, Hanabi and Mugi's relationship is growing more and more complex, and it's not all that surprising.

I think it's picking up from the past few dark emotion-revolved episodes. I look forward to the next episode.
Mar 2, 2017 3:09 PM

Jun 2015
Hanabi finally confessed her feelings to Kanai. Mugi's relationship with Akane is getting complex. Hanabi will be crushed if she finds out what he did.
Mar 2, 2017 3:09 PM
Feb 2016
I knew it! That Akane would screw everything up for Hanabi.

This episode was such a huge rollercoaster. I didn't see Hanabi genuinely starting to like Mugi coming at all. After that it was just staying on the edge of my seat waiting to see how the confessions would go. And sure enough my prediction came through.

As scummy of a person she is, I have to say that Akane's exactly the villain this anime needs.

Oh and almost forgot. Hanabi's scene at the end was brilliant. Made me feel really sad for her. Especially with the monologue before the credits.
SandeMar 2, 2017 3:18 PM
Mar 2, 2017 3:14 PM

Dec 2013
Ugh incest at the beginning -_-

Damnit Mugi! Fell right into Akane's trap.

Ending with Hanabi was really well done.
Mar 2, 2017 3:20 PM
Jul 2016
G_Spark233 said:

Wasnt it said enaugh times? THERE IS NO INCEST
Mar 2, 2017 3:20 PM

Jan 2009
G_Spark233 said:

No incest. Cousin relationships are not only legal in Japan, but also socially accepted.
Mar 2, 2017 3:23 PM
Mar 2017
Mentar said:
And *boom*

Good lord, being Hanabi sure is tough. I really feel for the girl. Actually, quite a bit more than at the same time when I read the manga, so the anime even eclipses the manga in emotional impact, at least in my opinion.

I'd be careful with "climax" though. There's more to come. This show won't go out with a whimper.

Agreed, especially when the ED started kicking in. The last 5 minutes really made it for me. The Mugi and Akane scenes were so good too, for me it was so smooth you can understand their actions and can't really hate them.
Mar 2, 2017 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
hope-kibou said:
Aww I feel like the guy who likes Ecchan (Atsuya Kirishima) is the only sane one in this series, ...
Why?

How does he differ from the others? He supposedly loves Sanae but can't stand the way she looks at him, and it doesn't appear to be shyness in front of his crush, or something like that. It seems more like he can't tolerate how much better of a person she is than he thinks himself to be.

He also won't accept that she doesn't see him the way he wants her to and appears unable to take her repeated "no" for an answer. For the moment the way he treats Ecchan seems stalkerish, thoroughly unpleasant.

What do you see in him that you evaluate him as "more sane" than the other characters?
removed-userMar 2, 2017 3:36 PM
Mar 2, 2017 3:32 PM
Mar 2015
Marriage between fiirst cousins is legal in Japan. Most common type of marriage prior to the Meiji Revolution
Mar 2, 2017 3:34 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Boi.
Mugi is going to fill her with hate.
Mar 2, 2017 3:37 PM

Aug 2016
VersoSciolto said:
hope-kibou said:
Aww I feel like the guy who likes Ecchan (Atsuya Kirishima) is the only sane one in this series, ...
Why?

How does he differ from the others? He supposedly loves Sanae but can't stand the way she looks at him, and it doesn't appear to be shyness in front of his crush, or something like that. It seems more like he can't tolerate how much better of a person she is than he thinks himself to be.

He also won't accept that she doesn't see him the way he wants her to and appears unable to take her repeated "no" for an answer. For the moment the way he treats Ecchan seems stalkerish thoroughly unpleasant.

What do you see in him that you evaluate him as "more sane" than the other characters.
I suppose you could see it that way, but for now they haven't gone completely over to his 'dark' side. And anyways, I don't analyse anime characters or anime plot like people such as you do.
jyuushiMar 2, 2017 10:20 PM
Mar 2, 2017 3:53 PM

Dec 2012
LOL what the hell Ecchan wearing a Scum's Wish Hat.

Hanabi & Mugi confessing to their loves.
Mugi couldn't let Akane go.

Hanabi moving on. Oh god this is going to get crazy .
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 2, 2017 4:02 PM

May 2009
Don't be completely dependent on others... find ways to be happy on your own too (i emphasize too).
I fear Hanabi will lose faith in men soon ;_; This anime makes me uneasy. I don't like that feeling, but that's also a sign of a good show.
Mar 2, 2017 4:23 PM

Jul 2014
This episode was great but come on Mugi it was pretty obvius that Akane was not going to reject you, DUMBASS!
Mar 2, 2017 4:30 PM

May 2015
Ah, the cousin made his appearance.

This episode was too much for me. Hana's moment was just ;__;.... That was just perfectly well done, hands down.

Mar 2, 2017 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
hope-kibou said:
I suppose you could see it that way, but for now that haven't gone completely over to his 'dark' side. And anyways, I don't analyse anime characters or anime plot like people such as you do.
That's ok. I was curious what you saw that I might not have, or am, perhaps, unable to see...

I think that's one of the strengths of this -Rorschach test of a- series.
Mar 2, 2017 6:03 PM

May 2015
mugi reeeeeeeee
i really like the cousin
hana ;_; dont worry you'll have a good time in saekano next season
Mar 2, 2017 6:09 PM

Apr 2014
I really want to say to one person. Great job you idiot. I don't care if this is suppose to be human or not. It takes a lot of WILLPOWER to resist a manipulative freaking punk a** b****!!!! Dang it!!!!
Mar 2, 2017 6:14 PM
Jan 2016
My heart :(

I need this show to be over so I don't die from the anxiety it causes.
Mar 2, 2017 6:25 PM

Nov 2014
Damn it, Mugi, resist! Don't mess fall for it!

5/5
Mar 2, 2017 6:35 PM

Aug 2015
*chants* DRAMA! DRAMA! DRAMA!
Mar 2, 2017 6:46 PM

Sep 2014
SON OF A BITCH!!!! All hell broke loose at the end of that episode. I was trying not to punch the screen and going through every emotion. What a ride this has been so far.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU END UP IN A LOVE HOTEL AND THINK YOU COULD BE THE ONE TO FIX HER KNOWING WHO SHE IS?

Secondly.....ahem....HOW STUPID IS HANABI TO LET HIM GO DO IT BY HIMSELF KNOWING FULL WELL WHAT KIND OF EVIL WOMAN SHE IS AND HOW WEEK HE IS? Does she think that he could do this on his own? Did she not forget how messed up she was by sleeping with him and told her in the hallway?

This can't go well at all.

Also, how powerful does Mui think his dick is to fix her mental issues? I'm going to screw you so good you'll be fixed. Dammit man. We all think that as young men. It's a lie. IT'S A LIE!!!! He's thinking with the wrong brain.
Mar 2, 2017 6:50 PM
Dec 2015
Another phenomenal episode. The ending of last weeks gave the impression that a giant weight was being lifted from the character's shoulders and that weight was far bigger than I imagined, making for one of the most cathartic experiences I've seen once they confessed and that weight was removed. I adore the little things before that too, like how Hanabi and Mugi act so human and real around each other now like in the first scene. Hanabi laying in weird positions as she ate the pocky and couldn't focus on work just felt like a natural thing that a person would do, and the dialogue was so natural as she and Mugi talked that it felt like a genuine and endearing friendship. This built to a very real and intimate climax when the two met in the park and cheered each other on. My only problem is that they keep using the split screen stuff excessively. It's always done tastefully, but it doesn't feel as special or intimate when it's used so much. It's a small problem though, and this is another fantastic episode to one of the best romance series I've seen in a while.
Mar 2, 2017 6:51 PM

Sep 2015
They plan to both get rejected and have a serious relationship from now on half-succeeded
Mar 2, 2017 7:27 PM
Apr 2013
Oh god I dread to see what happens to Hana after this. This show just keeps twisting the knife. So well done though.
Mar 2, 2017 7:31 PM

Sep 2014
God my heart. This is so fucked, I don't want to see what is going to happen to Hanabi after this :(

Mugi took the honey pot. It was too sweet to resist :(
GokuMar 2, 2017 9:17 PM
Mar 2, 2017 7:38 PM

Jan 2015
So the "old" scum slowly realize about what they're doing Except, maybe for the Adult "scum". And then comes the new scum, Ecchan's cousin.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 2, 2017 7:40 PM

Dec 2014
well this was less weird...but so many requited love in this anime.... I hope Mugi chooses the sensei over hanabi...they both are not good for eachother
Mar 2, 2017 7:51 PM

Jul 2009
Good job Mugi, you had one job and you screwed up. I want to see your little excuses (or lies) to Hanabi in the next episode.

Oh cool another 'scum' for the list, at least he seems to be similar to Noriko to a certain degree.
Mar 2, 2017 8:37 PM

Feb 2009
Fist of all, Atsuya is such a good guy! Caring all that much for Ecchan even though she clearly rejected him but he still wants the best for her and is such a good friend, even though in the end its another rejected for the already huge list on this show.
Now as for Mugi and Hanabi, dont know what to say anymore, I thought everybody saw how this episode was going to end, but still the execution was pretty good, we clearly saw that Hanabi and Mugi are starting to have feelings for each other, but then Akane would still got the best of Mugi even if the latter knew of how she is, now she has taken both Mugi and Kanai-sensei to bed and cant imagine how Hanabi will feel about this.
Next episode please come fast.
Mar 2, 2017 8:41 PM

Feb 2017
Oh, the feels. There are feels everywhere.

Since the moment they decided to confess their feelings of unrequited love to finally give themselves a chance at being together for real during last episode, I knew something like this was going to happen.

Is it Mugi's fault entirely? Nope. Akane is equally at fault, if not a little more than him. But, Mugi was mentally prepared for a rejection, he was expecting it and not having it the way he imagined throw him off balance. Yes, he broke his promise to Hanabi, but he was granted the wish he always wanted, so he didn't doubt and took the opportunity. What I really like about him is that he's brutally honest: he doesn't sugar-coat things for Akane, he tells her straightforwardly she's a liar and a narcissist --Akane is taken by surprise here, and I guess that's one of the reasons she took Mugi to the hotel, for his attitude towards her-- and he'll still be there with her because he's (selfishly) enjoy his fantasy.

On the other hand, it was clear since a couple of episodes that Hana was slowly falling for Mugi, even with all of her experiments with other people. The difference of her situation in contrast with Mugi's is that Narumi (Onii-chan) acknowledged her confession with the love of a sibling (isn't that weird?), cried with her while embracing her, and even thanked her. We all know he's in love with Akane and that his love for Hanabi isn't the same because, yes, he loves her, but as a little sister he cares for. Hana went and confessed, knowing she was going to be rejected, only that she also knew she had someone to help her move on. (I'm still expecting for Narumi to have some skeletons hidden in his closet because he cannot be the only innocent and naive in this story, right?)

I think that what both Hana and Mugi did was very brave. They did it for their crushes, for the other, and for themselves. The thing is that the outcome for Mugi wasn't entirely what he expected, and now that's going to bring some serious consequences. It's going to affect everyone in this story, the repercussions are going to be something. I can't wait for next episode.
Mar 2, 2017 8:49 PM

Jun 2013
OH NO MUGI WATCHU GON DO NOW
Mar 2, 2017 9:30 PM

Jan 2017
Ho hell no Mugi my bro are you dumb ?
Mugi knows he is falling in the trap but can't resist it. At least he as a real purpose besides going ham on the trap, I mean change the girl he loves. Pretty sure it's impossible tho, will see in the next episode. Going to be watching the realease, no doubt on it.

Knowing Akane loves playing with other's feelings and particularly with Hana (we saw it when Akane she said she did it with Onii san) she is probably gonna stick to Mugi to destroy Hana. Don't know how Mugi si gonna escape this situation.

Mar 2, 2017 9:36 PM
Feb 2017
Mugi set a new ringtone for Akane to F**kin' Problems
Akane set a new ringtone for Mugi to Obsessed

5/5
Mar 2, 2017 9:53 PM

Dec 2014
Well that was a good episode.

I like Ecchan's cousin, he seems like a cool guy. I liked how he told Ecchan that he didn't have no chance. xD

Mugi's confession-rejection went totally wrong, can't believe he got played despite knowing full well what he was doing. :(
Hanabi's confession-rejection to Kanai at the end was really bittersweet, she was finally able to cry her heart out and hopefully move on. I really liked how Kanai was considerate of her feelings and held her as she cried. Probably one of my favorite moments in the series.

Fredo_p said:

Also, how powerful does Mugi think his dick is to fix her mental issues? I'm going to screw you so good you'll be fixed. Dammit man.

You're asking the real questions aren't you? XDDD
Mar 2, 2017 9:59 PM

Dec 2009
"I'm not alone" she says. "I can move on" she says.

Mugi x Akane, means that there's gonna be a big damn mess pretty quick DX
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 2, 2017 10:31 PM

May 2013
Sh*t, if this show was an 8 for me, now it's a 9. And I'm absolutely sure the next episode is gonna make me feel terrible.
Mar 2, 2017 10:38 PM

Aug 2010
yeah man, fuck that mugi kid.
Mar 2, 2017 10:42 PM
Aug 2014
I was so proud of Mugi at first and then this happens god damn man....if you don't get your ass over to hanabi at 10pm im gonna be so sad
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

207 by bakakisima »»
Sep 14, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

158 by bakakisima »»
Sep 13, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

160 by bakakisima »»
Sep 13, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

178 by bakakisima »»
Sep 12, 6:48 AM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

234 by bakakisima »»
Sep 8, 8:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.