Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 26, 2010 10:27 PM

Dec 2008
Bah... always something happens that prevents us from seeing Yamajii's Bankai...

Anyway, good episode. I can only hope that Ichigo's dad (don't know anything about the manga) comes to kick some asses. And soon, in case it's really going to happen that is.
vault2049Oct 26, 2010 10:30 PM
Oct 26, 2010 11:44 PM
Jan 2009
FALCON PUNCH! What you mean he didn't Falcon Punch? Ohhh that's called Bone Shredder. I see.
Oct 27, 2010 2:06 AM
Jun 2009
noteDhero said:
Still boring. When characters are speaking more than they've ever said, it never bodes well. Very predictable and not exciting at all.

I don't really like too much talking either. Yes, this episode was a bit predictable but I still enjoyed it a lot - great to see old man in action. Haven't been on my toes waiting for the next episodes like I have these past few episodes. Glad things are finally getting exciting. ^_^
Oct 27, 2010 3:02 AM

Jul 2007
Yamamoto is fucking epic. thats all I w ill say.

He is embodiment of the best manly moments of bleach and I am kind of sad that the thick-lines-manly art style of yamamoto fight did not transfer as well into anime.

However this was very awesome still

Maybe not many know, but Yamamoto Genryusai is Kubo's homage to Dragon Ball and is modeled after Master Roshi, thus its not surprising that the fight animations used for his fight were similar to Dragon Ball and I am glad that animators got and understood the homage.

NOw, the best parts of this arc will start and I can't wait to see the end of this arc.

Now of course people would enjoy it more if they understood a simple fact: Aizen does not fight, he cheats. He has never fought according to the usual bushido code the shinigami system is modeled after. All of his wins are due to him playing through the opponents weaknesses and strengths.

Do not expect Aizen to have long 225545 chapter manly fights against one opponent. Its not his style and It would actually not fit Kubo's idea of karma to give Aizen a long "warrior fight". I do wonder on just how and if Aizen will ever get the taste of his own medicine, after all thats kubo's favoritism part of the story:
- Byakuya the so called speed demon, got outmatched in speed, power and skill.
- Renji the Brute Fighter, got outmatched by the brute strength of Ichigo.
- Ulquiorra, who wanted to drive despair into his opponents hearts through his sheer difference of power, got the same happening to him.

So far every more major Villain got to taste his own medicine and foolishness and I hope that Aizen is no different.

5/5
Oct 27, 2010 3:56 AM
Jan 2009
Damn I hope Yamaji wakes up quickly
Oct 27, 2010 6:15 AM

Sep 2010
Yamamoto vs Wonderwise.....

Output is obvious from the Start..... but a great episode....
Oct 27, 2010 7:24 AM

Aug 2008
jaykaylol said:

I don't really like too much talking either. Yes, this episode was a bit predictable but I still enjoyed it a lot - great to see old man in action. Haven't been on my toes waiting for the next episodes like I have these past few episodes. Glad things are finally getting exciting. ^_^

It's not the talking. It's how uncharacterized the talking is for Gen, and what that difference telegraphed for the end of the episode.

Fai said:
Now of course people would enjoy it more if they understood a simple fact: Aizen does not fight, he cheats. He has never fought according to the usual bushido code the shinigami system is modeled after. All of his wins are due to him playing through the opponents weaknesses and strengths.

I still can't believe that people think that Aizen is a cheater, or even so much the bad guy. Throughout the show, there has been more justification for Aizen's actions than that Seireitei hypocritical, nonsensical, arrogant, and corrupt system. Aizen doesn't cheat. He's the only one who see's that a fight to the death means exactly what it is, and no archaic code changes the fact that you kill people. This is the only reason why characters like him, Urahara, and Mayuri are the only good characters: they make no qualms about the decisions they've made and don't try to rationalize it for some absurd sense of morality.

This is how a shounen fails, when the 'good' guys are just as bad as the bad guys, yet the writers try to constantly manipulate that with some notion of a 'fair' fight. But then what do they do anyways in this show? They always make the enemy sympathetic. Byakuya and Renji actually loved Rukia, all the arrancars were 'tricked' into working with Aizen, and Tousen was exacting revenge on Soul Society. I have no doubt that when Aizen finally bites it he'll get his sob story too, where (I'm sure) he'll explain that his experiments were to create some force to protect the world from a great threat. And those were my thoughts before being spoiled to something that happened earlier in the manga this year.
Oct 27, 2010 7:52 AM

Mar 2009
Old man was awesome.
Oct 27, 2010 8:08 AM

Apr 2007
noteDhero said:
Still boring. When characters are speaking more than they've ever said, it never bodes well. Very predictable and not exciting at all.

then don't watch.. :/
Oct 27, 2010 10:02 AM

Feb 2010
noteDhero said:

Fai said:

I still can't believe that people think that Aizen is a cheater, or even so much the bad guy. Throughout the show, there has been more justification for Aizen's actions than that Seireitei hypocritical, nonsensical, arrogant, and corrupt system. Aizen doesn't cheat. He's the only one who see's that a fight to the death means exactly what it is, and no archaic code changes the fact that you kill people. This is the only reason why characters like him, Urahara, and Mayuri are the only good characters: they make no qualms about the decisions they've made and don't try to rationalize it for some absurd sense of morality.

@Fai
According to Shunsui, Shinigami - In fight matter only result. Not style of fight etc.

@noteDhero
Probably before Arrancar/Hueco Mondo arc(I don't know correct name, sorry) he has been showed like good friend, captain who is helping "people"
He betrayed them, almost kill Hinamuri so he can be considered as "bad guy"
--but in this arc(arrancar/Hueco Mondo arc) he is like normal guy searching power, He even told arrancar to not believe in him. So... like "normal" guy.
He's the only one who see's that a fight to the death means exactly what it is, and no archaic code changes the fact that you kill people.

ps. he is like Shunsui

What about show?
After few minutes of recap this was excellent episode.
On of the moment remind me of the fight Kenpachi vs Tousen(Head Captain grabbing Aizen's hand)

Well, HC is very strong sealing his fire in hand in hurry.

Yammamoto's smile --- :D

ps. if Ennetsu Jigoku(shikai ?) can destroy town so his bankai can destroy world? :0
Oct 27, 2010 11:14 AM
Oct 2010
Yamamoto didn't die in the end rite? He's just severly injured and that's all rite??
Oct 27, 2010 11:31 AM

Aug 2009
I was waiting for Yamamoto to kamehameha Aizen
Master Roushi became a shinigami he died, right ? :P
Oct 27, 2010 11:50 AM

Apr 2010
Great Great episode. I wish the recaps were shorter though.
Oct 27, 2010 12:56 PM

Dec 2007
Birondo said:
i want to see yamato's bankai =.=

Does he have a bankai? I doubt it.
Oct 27, 2010 1:05 PM

Mar 2010
Good episode. Wonderweiss was pretty kick his. He would have been better if he had gotten more of a fair fight. Hopefully the old man isn't dead. Next week should be good.

4/5
Oct 27, 2010 1:08 PM

Aug 2009
Recap lasted a fucking 6 mins 22 seconds and that makes up around 30% of the show.

Anyways, Aizen FINALLY got scratched. Ichigo's entry was bravo.
And at last, that little shit Wonderweiss bit the dust.

Yeah Ichigo now you know that you're the ONLY one who can defeat Aizen so hurry on please.

Aug 2009
Recap lasted a fucking 6 mins 22 seconds and that makes up around 30% of the show.

Yeah Ichigo now you know that you're the ONLY one who can defeat Aizen so hurry on please.

Aug 2009

Aug 2009

Oct 27, 2010 1:13 PM

Aug 2010
all I can say is Yama-jii FTW!!! XD
Oct 27, 2010 1:20 PM

Jul 2007
noteDhero said:
jaykaylol said:

It's not the talking. It's how uncharacterized the talking is for Gen, and what that difference telegraphed for the end of the episode.

Fai said:

This is how a shounen fails, when the 'good' guys are just as bad as the bad guys, yet the writers try to constantly manipulate that with some notion of a 'fair' fight. But then what do they do anyways in this show? They always make the enemy sympathetic. Byakuya and Renji actually loved Rukia, all the arrancars were 'tricked' into working with Aizen, and Tousen was exacting revenge on Soul Society. I have no doubt that when Aizen finally bites it he'll get his sob story too, where (I'm sure) he'll explain that his experiments were to create some force to protect the world from a great threat. And those were my thoughts before being spoiled to something that happened earlier in the manga this year.

And I actually agree.

However Aizen's justification or morals have nothing to do with the way he fights.

Let me explain it, rephrase it- he is ot a cheater. He is a trickster. Hi s fights are not about being more skilled than oponent or having greated goal. Its about out-witting them, finding a shortcut, playing with their minds and destroying them mentally.

Thus a fight where he spends 4 episodes naked and bloody, fighting against equally naked and equally bloody enemy, is just not something that would fit Aizen or be a fitting fight for him.

Wannabiteme said:

@Fai
According to Shunsui, Shinigami - In fight matter only result. Not style of fight etc.

You do know what a bushido code is, right?

Its a lifestyle based on loyalty, honor, obedience, duty, filial piety, and self-sacrifice.

No one is talking about fighting style(not to mention that shunsui is a trickster himself).

Shunsui while a trickster himself, does adhere by those rules.

Aizen on other hand, is devoid of any loyalty, does not care about honor, has a non-conformist view on the world and matters of the world, feels no duty except his own goals and is more intent on sacrificing others than himself.
Oct 27, 2010 10:14 PM

Oct 2010
Hello everyone:
OK, when he took off the upper part of his whatever that's call (I can't recall the name) I had a flashback of another fight. First of all, damn for being more than 1,000 years old he's ripped. OK guys, JK, Yamamoto is strong as hell, but Aizen is kind of creeping me out right now. I believe in Ichigo, but Aizen has open a can of ass-whopping and Gin is not even defeated yet. Ichigo is going to have to pull some power out of his .... to win this fight. I can't wait to see what happens.
Oct 27, 2010 10:21 PM

Sep 2009
What about Kensei?
Kojinteki na arashi wa dare ka no
biorhythm nokkate!
Oct 28, 2010 2:34 AM

Oct 2008
Moving along.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 28, 2010 6:50 AM

Mar 2009
Yamamoto is so old that he forgot how to Bankai and is too old to learn it again... :D
Good episode and all. They could extend Yamamaoto fight with WW... not just put recaps. More fighting before 2x fist KO hit.

PS. Is it me or does Ichigo in the ending looks like WW's younger brother (somewhat retarded look on his face)?
Oct 28, 2010 9:50 AM

Apr 2009
k-tasuku95 said:
Yamamoto didn't die in the end rite? He's just severly injured and that's all rite??

rite rite.
Oct 28, 2010 9:56 AM

Apr 2009
mundo said:
The one thing that always pissed me off about this part is WTF happened to Kensei?

Kubo forgot him.. as expected..

and Yamamoto wasn't that good as in manga.. probably cause his enemy was lame from the start..

good opponent for the first captain -_-
Oct 28, 2010 12:25 PM

Feb 2010
Fai said:

However Aizen's justification or morals have nothing to do with the way he fights.

Let me explain it, rephrase it- he is ot a cheater. He is a trickster. Hi s fights are not about being more skilled than oponent or having greated goal. Its about out-witting them, finding a shortcut, playing with their minds and destroying them mentally.

Thus a fight where he spends 4 episodes naked and bloody, fighting against equally naked and equally bloody enemy, is just not something that would fit Aizen or be a fitting fight for him..

But is it so bad? This is just a way he is fighting.
"If enemy is stronger than you, you will attack on his weak point" (sentence from FS/N, not ful and changed)

Bushido, nah, I just quickly found it on wiki few minutes ago.
Lifestyle - including eating, walking .... and fighting of course. But maybe this world is translated differently. ;)
Well do you remember Shunsui & Ukitake against Yamamoto on Rukia's execution? This is about obedience.
On other hand, Yama-jii wanted to sacrifice his "soldiers"
Etc. etc. Like noteDhero said before about Shinigami's morality

Aizen on other hand, is devoid of any loyalty, does not care about honor, has a non-conformist view on the world and matters of the world, feels no duty except his own goals and is more intent on sacrificing others than himself.

I will not count past.
1) Loyalty - but he is sincere with arrancars
honor - no contrargument
non-conformist - it's good that he is not puppet
duty ... goals - neutral
intent on sacrificing .... yeah, but 1) and Yamammoto want sacrifice too.
Oct 28, 2010 2:26 PM

Jan 2009
Yamamoto you hustler you...
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Oct 28, 2010 2:45 PM

Mar 2010
Another awesome episode Great tactics and reasoning

yamamoto is quit the fighter awesome fight

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 28, 2010 7:47 PM

Mar 2010
Great episode! Yamamoto whoopin' kids all over the place. Looking forward to the next episode! Which is in... December. .... December!? O.o
Oct 28, 2010 7:50 PM

Mar 2010
Kanade-chan said:
Birondo said:

oh never thought of that

it would be cool if he did

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 29, 2010 9:40 AM
Jan 2009
Rasco said:
Kanade-chan said:
Birondo said:

oh never thought of that

In Bleach everyone has Bankai. Even Inoue.
Oct 29, 2010 11:17 AM

Feb 2010
Dramon said:
Rasco said:
Kanade-chan said:
Birondo said:

oh never thought of that

In Bleach everyone has Bankai. Even Inoue.

lol.

Every captain has bankai, so Yama-jii has it too.
Oct 29, 2010 2:35 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode mostly because Yamamoto is awesome.
Oct 31, 2010 12:24 AM

Dec 2008
Wonderweiss form was rubbish. Captain Yamamoto's power... Epic! Next episode Ichigo will once again fail. :/
Oct 31, 2010 3:50 AM

Feb 2009
smokes said:
such a lame opponent for the old captain -_-

and he couldnt even hurt Aizen.. d'oh..
as expected

ONLY ichigo can fight Aizen.. -_-

Look stop being such a sad exponent of One Piece and if you don't like the show stop watching it, there must be something stopping you. Fanboys like you frustrate the hell out of me.

Anyway brilliant episode, loved it, and even though Yamamoto was beaten, it was good how it helped the audience understand the strength that he possessed. Shame about his demise, looking forward to the next episode. Oh btw, are they continuing till the end before another filler?
Oct 31, 2010 4:54 AM

Apr 2009
^wha... what?

yeah no filler till the end..
( i was disappointed because i waited for his fight the most, and he got that wonderweis enemy.. d'uh.
but thats the problem with this arc.. everyone vs aizen is a wrong way to deal with it..
it makes everyone stupid and weak in comparison with ichigo
Oct 31, 2010 4:54 AM

Apr 2009
^wha... what?

yeah no filler till the end..
( i was disappointed because i waited for his fight the most, and he got that wonderweis enemy.. d'uh.
but thats the problem with this arc.. everyone vs aizen is a wrong way to deal with it..
it makes everyone stupid and weak in comparison with ichigo
Nov 1, 2010 5:31 AM

May 2010
Pretty good episode imo :)
Nov 2, 2010 12:50 PM

Aug 2009
That episode is going to give me nightmares
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Nov 3, 2010 2:24 AM

Oct 2010
One of the best fights.
5/5

top 3 anime: Code Geass | One Piece | Death Note
Nov 3, 2010 8:24 AM

Aug 2009
Yamamoto is so bad ass.
Nov 6, 2010 1:03 AM

Aug 2010
Yama showed who's boss!! Forget Aizen, he's a cheater all the way!
crazyspinzNov 6, 2010 1:21 AM
Nov 7, 2010 1:24 PM

Jul 2010
tofei said:
Yamajiiii!!!! T_T Wonderweiss lasted only half an episode! LOL

that was funny... "Special weapon" :P
Nov 8, 2010 2:06 PM

Jun 2008
Too bad the old man fell victim to his own flames and the tricks of Aizen. It would have been nice watching him giving Aizen a few punches.

Ichigo attacking at the end. My advice? Stop it boy. You are only gonna hurt yourself.
Nov 20, 2010 6:16 AM

Jun 2010
I read the manga after watching and this 1 ep was made with 3 chapters ! Still it was boring than 293ep. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2010 12:50 PM

May 2008
Wow, the old commander is badass! Loved the fight~
Dec 16, 2010 12:28 PM

Mar 2009
I really liked this Yamamoto was awesome.

Dec 20, 2010 7:08 AM

Jun 2009
Just reminding you guys that episode where Yoruichi trained Ichigo to achieve his bankai, and there she told him that everyong in the Gotei 13 has a bankai with an exception of Kenpachi.
So yes, Yamamoto does have a bankai.
The series wouldn't have been good if they gave EVERYTHING away...without finishing the series.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 53 Discussion

scooby1525 - Mar 4, 2008

39 by NillyPC »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 52 Discussion

kitsunekarasu - Dec 4, 2008

40 by NillyPC »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 51 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 14, 2008

26 by NillyPC »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 49 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 14, 2008

39 by NillyPC »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Bleach Episode 46 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 14, 2008

30 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.