Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Summertime Rendering
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 7, 2022 5:50 PM

Mar 2019
so far this is by far the best show i've watched this year
props for the director behind it he's such a creative guy in setting up the scenes and building up events
this show is pretty brutal and dark and all in the right times and moments
also i'm pretty sure the director behind it can do awesome horror animes there were times where i was legit creeped out in these 12 episodes
i probably won't come back to it now until it's finished in 3 to 4 months from now since i don't do a episode per week watch but i'm pretty excited for what's coming next
so far it's a solid 8/10 it can reach higher based on the rest episodes in the future .
Jul 8, 2022 8:49 AM
Jul 2021
TheMangaManiac said:
Everyone else already made this comparsion but I am very unoriginal so here we go:
Author of this manga probably read Re Zero LN and thought for himself "hey I can do it better!". So we're getting smarter and less whiny Subaru, no BS, no kicking around, just straight to the bussiness and stakes are really much higher- you can't just jump around forever, your attempts are VERY limited. I won't say it's better than Re Zero (which I am huge fan of) but it's damn close. Very, very good show.

Given that it's a looper murder mystery, this story is definitely much influenced by Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, down to "Haine" being a name very similar to a similarly positioned character in Hinamizawa. There's even a couple cute references and parallels.
Jul 11, 2022 1:38 AM
Aug 2018
Wow, that was intense.
Jul 11, 2022 7:22 AM

Jan 2020
At least he doesn't have to ask for Hizuru's autograph over and over at this point. That part is already written in stone.

Aside from that, the confrontation with Haine wasn't as moving as I was hoping it would be. The story is still pretty interesting, but I feel like it's just a lot more reserved than some of its predecessors.

I was also a bit disappointed by the gore in this episode. It almost seemed more edited than some of the previous ones, when this was probably one of the episodes where it should've tried to push the envelope as much as it could. I'd argue that the eye gouging scene in Naruto Shippuden is more graphic than this one was, and it isn't rated R.

At this point, I'm going into this second half not expecting as much and I may even go ahead and begin reading the manga sooner than later since I was expecting something a lot more intense than what I've seen so far.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 14, 2022 4:19 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was insane, that final scene was epic.
Jul 15, 2022 1:04 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The level of censorship is way out of my expectation here with those shadows around. Nice!

Then, holy shit i just realized that lmao. Ain't no way Haine va was the same as Frederica. Based director, even if Haine here plotted to be the villain.

Ushio was Shinpei egg? I get it xd.

Well the story still interesting as ever even though i must be honest i slowly getting a loss of thought as the time goes on.

But luckily, since the actions pack still engaging i don't need to think way too hard about that and lets just move forward...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 15, 2022 5:32 PM

Jul 2015
Best episode so far!!!!
Honestley this anime never fails to surprise me. The animation, voice acting, and OST were all fantastic.
I am sleepy
Jul 20, 2022 8:42 AM

Feb 2021
Wow, this episode really awesome! Can't wait to see the next episode!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 24, 2022 6:51 AM

Sep 2018
Damn, first Odd Taxi, now this. OLM really likes releasing hidden gems in Spring - can't wait to see what they do in 2023. I'm pretty shocked at how well-animated this has been, especially for an anime that doesn't have much emphasis on action. That Ushio fight was pretty good even by mainstream shounen battle anime standards. I didn't know this studio had it in them, but I'm not complaining in the slightest.

I do wish they'd turn down the fanservice a notch, though. Big bad shadowman's dummy thicc cheeks when he squatted were almost enough to turn this into an ecchi.
Jul 24, 2022 10:50 PM
Oct 2019
More Gore and Brutal...
i love it...

oh boy everybody is dead.

I knew it, Shinpei gonna loop in this episode.
Aug 14, 2022 1:37 PM
Jan 2022
porque si PUM, te jodes
Aug 16, 2022 12:00 PM

Nov 2016
"sLiDe ShOw aNiMaTiOn" lmao

Ok fr, this episode definitely surprised me

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 19, 2022 10:24 PM
Feb 2020
way to raise the stakes over and over
Aug 27, 2022 2:35 PM
Jan 2022
I loved it, it was definitely the best episode so far. I’m getting back on it after a break from anime, so I just watched episode 12
Aug 30, 2022 4:26 PM
Jun 2020
Respectfully Natsuki Subaru could never Shinpei goated main character all I have to say, amazing freaking episode.
Aug 31, 2022 6:44 PM

Mar 2010
Damn Shin should just have sexy times with that shadow. Gotta relieve some stress somehow and he'll prolly think of better plans.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 5, 2022 6:55 AM

Jun 2019
Wow... what an episode. Immaculate animation there and everything that happened in this episode. Pure madness. Great fricking show.
Sep 6, 2022 1:31 PM

Jun 2012
KingGarland said:
One thing that I always wonder about time looping stories is whether or not the act of looping erases the previous timeline or not and this episode seems to answer that question as a no as the two main shadows continue speaking after the loop has begun.

I was thinking the same thing. If the timeline persists then it makes things depressing because there are still multiple timelines where people are dead and lives are completely ruined (infinite of them probably). Higurashi is the same and I always thought it put a damper on the happy ending of the one golden timeline.
Shoot first, think never.
Sep 10, 2022 1:25 PM
May 2020
Keep your friends close, and enemies closer
Sep 13, 2022 5:17 PM
Apr 2017
Finally they found a way to destroy that evil goddess.
Sep 13, 2022 7:14 PM

Aug 2014
already half of anime and we already know everything?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 16, 2022 8:55 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
I think this one was nowhere as good as the previous ones idk, seems to be an unpopular opinion

Sep 25, 2022 3:21 AM
Feb 2022
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqasdasdxzxczxc qreasdsad
Oct 1, 2022 3:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So they need to feed and keep Haine alive otherwise Tokiko's mother will die... and they give her directly the corpses of the ones that die on the island thanks to the cooperation of the other ones, but of course the shadows wouldn't obey to the humans they are really stupid to work with the shadows without suspecting them to betray their contract... the end was absolutely epic with Shinpei drinking the poison and managing to loop with Ushio, great episode
Oct 5, 2022 6:48 AM

Jan 2009
ok the story is quantum physics inspired then huh with all the data like quantum computer says and multiverse theory going on

basically Shinpei is the ultimate observer of many universes and what universe he observes as real become the real thing

this episode has a lot of sakuga too and what does the Mother of Shadows meant that Shadow Ushio is the Egg?
Oct 17, 2022 11:17 PM

Dec 2019
That was easily the best ep yet

That was amazing I have no words lol

Man this show might be a 10 if this keeps up lol
Nov 5, 2022 7:30 PM

Jul 2016
Man... and I thought Ushio was stupid but Tokiko is in a league of her own. Like... how naive you have to be to trust in those creatures?
And let's not forget Mio becoming a hostage for following a Shadow like an idiot smh.

Honestly, not sure how to feel about this episode. The fact of the main antagonist being an edgy loli and Ushio getting convenient power-ups are kinda killing the experience for me.
Nov 13, 2022 12:59 AM

Jul 2015
So.... those are G-cups

Aside from how monstrous Haine is with wanting to eat all humans, I can't stop viewing her as adorable because of her cutesy voice.

Nov 19, 2022 3:05 PM

Mar 2020
I must admit, it made me happy to see the other 4-eyed demon assh*le's head explode! xD
Nov 19, 2022 3:07 PM

Mar 2020
On the other hand is it just me or did they literally just confirm that they are not supposed to have knowledge of shinpei's time travel powers! Since it's powers that are literally above them!
Dec 2, 2022 3:16 PM

Oct 2013
To think that Heine's voice actress, Misaki Kuno, normally voices kids or cute female characters. It makes her performance as a villain so unsettling, but oh so effective!
Dec 15, 2022 12:17 AM
Dec 2022
Love it so much …
Jan 14, 2023 5:01 AM

Jan 2014
Like I am highly doubtful that the HgCl2 would kill him that fast, also man these powers just keep coming. I have no idea how this show can have such a high rating, but hey it's nice that others get to enjoy this, but I just can't get the appeal.
Feb 3, 2023 6:46 AM
Apr 2020
Probably the best ep so far. Not a bad display of despair and the overcoming of it.
Feb 9, 2023 7:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
this episode was very revealing, we have/have a lot of information and there are almost no mysteries to solve, except how to kill them

kekeke
Feb 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Oct 2018
We're ending the 1st cour on high note. Lot of revelations and by far the strongest production of these 12 episodes yet. The shadow in the wheelchair we saw on some previous episode is revealed to be Sou's mother now. Tokiko's reasons for what she was doing kind of feels dumb but then again her father obviously holds the real info.
Feb 24, 2023 8:46 AM

Oct 2017
~~ hunka hunka ~~

-

Apr 8, 2023 10:48 PM
Nov 2019
Chekhov's poison saving the day in the end. I do like how Shinpei is able to keep a clear head when everything falls apart his friends die. He knows he can loop again and he's focused on how to do it.
Apr 14, 2023 2:56 PM

Dec 2017
Turned into generic action shounen for some reason. Dropped.
May 3, 2023 9:47 AM
Apr 2015
Wasted time and tortured main characters needlessly. Had every anime trope imaginable and was generally pointless and horrible.
Jun 24, 2023 3:54 AM

Apr 2013
I was thinking that if Shinpei is a smart boy, he brought some poison with him and he did. The reason for the shadows is kinda dumb though, so they are feeding Haine to keep their mother... who is only a shadow anymore anyway? That's a plot point I don't really like. My plan as Shinpei would be to kill Sou's mother, so they don't have a reason to support Haine anymore.
Jun 27, 2023 11:51 AM

May 2015
Wonder how this will go again
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 28, 2023 7:40 PM

Nov 2017
Such a damn crying shame this wasn't on Adult Swim. Seriously getting pissed now, this would've been the best Swim anime in YEARS. That ep was so hype! 

Instead it's on a random streaming...well I hope Marvel fans at least got to relish it for being so amazing. This anime keeps finding new angles to dodge from. The Brohood vibes are glorious. 
Jul 4, 2023 7:10 PM
Nov 2016
I was disappointed with the last few episodes since the animation was degrading but this episode was decent at least. The reason the girl is working with the shadows is silly though, I understand that she works with them to keep their mother alive but then again, that's not even her mother anymore, that's just a shadow that looks like her mother, so you have a doppelganger of a mother and to keep her alive, you are murdering people indirectly too, I was disappointed with this, this is a weak-ass plot twist if you ask me. A better reason would be if the shadows are blackmailing them and threatening her to work with them because if they don't, then the shadows would kill the whole village and at this point, the girl would have no choice but to work with them since killing a few people here and there is better than killing the entire village.
Aug 6, 2023 1:49 PM

Apr 2022
Shinpei's voice acting after he swallowed the poison was disturbingly good, felt his struggle. Hoping for a good ending...

Sep 4, 2023 11:01 AM
Jan 2023
Nice animation, nice plot twist, pretty much everything was nice about it.
Oct 28, 2023 7:11 AM
Sep 2021
yarısı bitti şu ana kadar iyi gidiyor baya sürükleyici
Nov 20, 2023 4:28 PM

Jan 2019
Big lore dump and I am hyped after that ending! It's now clear exactly how Ushio works in relation to the time loop, though not how she gave the eye to Shin in the first place.

And I guess the glitchy aesthetic and title make sense now as the shadow describe Shin's ability as rendering other realities to learn from and pick the best one.

Also Shin is such a great protagonist, he's got his eyes on the prize: make progress, gather as much information as possible, then suicide. Massively prefer that to Subaru wallowing in despair then pulling the perfect run out of his arse every arc.

One thing that seems to have been forgotten is the hotel owner mentioning Shin asking him about Hizuru when he didn't do that until a later loop. Could be a potential plot hole if left unaddressed.

Curious how it'll play out from here because if Ushio can just overpower Haine, can't they just go to Shiori's house and kill her right away?

But the spawn point has also jumped quite far forward this time, so it wouldn't surprise me if we get a character killed permanently because they die before the next spawn point.
ForeverTraitorNov 20, 2023 4:35 PM

Jan 7, 4:55 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to Kelp_Fry
Nice animation, nice plot twist, pretty much everything was nice about it.
@Kelp_Fry shut up nerd EHWHAHHASHEHHAHSHHHSA
Feb 26, 12:44 PM

Nov 2022
Great Episode this Anime Is Bannger🔥
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

139 by Xeehad »»
Sep 12, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

89 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2022

107 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2022

160 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

489 by Stuntdrath »»
Aug 31, 9:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.