Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jul 1, 8:36 AM
Aug 2019
Nahhhh, this episode is way toooo awkward for me to watch without making it 2x
Jul 1, 8:37 AM
May 2023
Good episode, Norm said everything he felt he had to say and I liked it.

As I said before it was obvious that Sylphie was going to end up accepting because she already knows what Rudeus is like, a pervert and every now and then he would name and praise his teacher Roxy so it was a matter of time as she said.

One of the constants in MT (Mushoku Tensei) is that it will generate controversy, this has been going on since the first season and possibly until the end of it all hahaha but out of these controversies and the things I don't like and don't agree with, everything else I love it so I hope the 3rd season comes out soon.

PS: I noticed that Ruijerd is traveling with the demon king or prince hahaha why is that? maybe they will explain it later

PS2: Personally, I wouldn't have discussed the Roxy issue in front of the kids, first I would do it with Slephie and then I would explain it to the kids but well, everyone has their own way of acting and thinking

PS3: It's amazing how things turn around, Rudeus blamed Paul for the same thing he ended up doing haha... like father like son and I wonder when they will bring Eris back in? because clearly at some point she will appear (besides they showed her now at the end)
Jul 1, 9:06 AM
Oct 2007
The last part at the grave gave me chills.

More misses than hits this season for me, but the hits are homerun usually.
Bring on season 3!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 9:13 AM
Dec 2019
Amazing Episode. Sylphie looked kinda hot tbh hahaha
Jul 1, 9:16 AM

Aug 2023
Aight Sylphie da goat 🐐👑

Every time I look at Norn, I start to believe that Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Jul 1, 9:39 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to 3anter
in the begging of the episode rudy mentioned that the pain he felt was a pain of lost not pain of regret , but his family was ok.
does that mean that he was just wrong and overthinking or what?
3anter said:

Don't believe every word of a shady character. Hitogami is playing 4D chess.
Jul 1, 9:48 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to 3anter
in the begging of the episode rudy mentioned that the pain he felt was a pain of lost not pain of regret , but his family was ok.
@3anter I also think that with the angle Hitogami took, the regret itself beyond just what happened with Paul could also be the regret of Rudeus going against him, could be a regret that sets up the future too if Rudeus chose to betray him. Even though Hitogami did say that both sides have regrets and neither would have the perfect happy ending with every single thing working out, Hitogami clearly still wanted Rudeus to not go to Begaritt no matter what.
Jul 1, 9:50 AM
Jul 2023
I have not seen the feelings that this episode conveys anywhere else. This is one of the best non-action episodes of all anime. I'm not crying, it's just raining.
Jul 1, 10:24 AM
Apr 2020
Cour 1 went from a 6 to a 9 (nice!) on cour 2. I'm really pleased how they brought it back with the series.

I know the production level went down a bit, but honestly, this series is still really well made and animated and I wish nothing more than for future seasons to maintain this level of quality, anime fans nowadays are eatint so good and they dont know. Season 1 production level is just a point out of the curve, 2 felt more in check with reallity of how the industry works while still being very high quality when it needed to be, and most important of it all, the direction carried hard, some really well directed episodes on the second cour, 3 in particular stand out to me: Rudeus first time with Sylphie, Rudy and Norn understanding each other on the dormitory and Paul's Death episode.
Jul 1, 10:32 AM

Oct 2016
A strangely wholesome way to wrap up this season. I still feel a little weird about the 2 wives thing, but it didn’t ruin the series for me. Especially since my views were reflected in Norn’s anger. Overall, amazing and I can’t wait for the next season. (8.5/10)
Jul 1, 10:33 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Reply to silversaint
so what was there to regret? if he hadnt gone to save his family, Roxy d ve died there an clearly he cares more about Roxy than his parents, not to mention they would ve failed to rescue his mother, he isnt missing the birth of his child either, what is this regret supposed to be? ominous threat that was the basis of the second half of this season that in the end led to nothing, so yeah dissapointing unless the man god thing was just lying
man Sylphie is such a nothing character, it was so predictable that we shouldnt expect not even the slightest amount of resistance from her, as much as i dislike the annoying red haired bitch an how shes is among the worst characters ive seen, gotta admit at least the red haired one gets a reaction from me, Sylphie is just bahh who cares

still considerably better than the previous season, visuals have improved an despite the slow an mostly uninteresting start it does get better during its second half, unfortunatelly it qets much worse once again on its last couple of episodes

5/10
@silversaint His mother was frozen in crystal for 6 years, ofc he’d go travel to the labyrinth to save her. And Hitogami isn’t exactly someon Rudeus can 100% place his trust is, especially after reading some spoilers about him.

7-8/10 overall. Much better than the first cour easily.
LeonhartAugustJul 2, 10:55 PM
Jul 1, 10:52 AM
Mar 2023
Goat, goated, goat.
Jul 1, 11:26 AM
Jan 2021
How has this show made me cry 3 weeks in a row?
Jul 1, 11:45 AM
Sep 2023
Wish they would have used magic to fix his arm or something
Jul 1, 1:45 PM
Dec 2023
Sylphie looks so much more mature with that hairstyle. A great ending to a great season.
Jul 1, 2:11 PM
Jan 2019
This episode is hard to watch. Most Mushoku Tensei episode do be like this lmao.
Jul 1, 2:11 PM
May 2017
Overall (2 episodes prior) I liked that this show wasn't your typical isekai harem trash. Yeah 3 girls have already fallen for Rudy (Eris, the blonde girl in the previous season, Sylphi), but then they took it one step further by Rudy marrying Sylpi. MC and FMC happily married, harem demon defeated.
Also I really liked Roxy-s character, and their NON-ROMANTIC mentor-student relationship. A female main character who achieved great things without the MC and is able to lead a life without the MC? Unheard of.

Could this be possible, an actual non-trash isekai anime? Can such a thing exist? Of course not.

The last 2 episodes masterfully managed to break everything that the show had going for it.
Roxy-s character, Rudeus being able to be a decent person, Sylphi having any spine at all..
They took the harem thing, and took it 1 step even further, creating a new low.

Rudeus (rightfully) was depressed out of his mind, so much, that it seems the only thing that could cheer him up was to cheat on his pregnant wife. "Roxy saved him". Ridiculous.
And then they are comparing this to the previous episode (which IMO was one of the best episodes of the show) where he saved his sister (and symbolically his former self) from depression. That is just wrong.

It is morally wrong, not only what Rudeus is doing, but that overall from the tone of the episode, it came out like all this is perfectly fine.
It was cool that there was 1 sane person, but yeah she was quickly put down. Then everybody lived their best life ever, happy fckin end.
If I had to find a message, it is that "cheating is fine", not that "you shouldn't cheat". MC was unfaithful and see, everybody is happy as sht.

Next, Eris is on the menu, I guess Rudeus will continue collecting wives like Pokemon, cuz that's a thing now...

If I ignore the last 2 episodes, then this season was overall very good, I would give it like a 8/10.
imSOuniqueJul 1, 2:23 PM
Jul 1, 2:29 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to imSOunique
Overall (2 episodes prior) I liked that this show wasn't your typical isekai harem trash. Yeah 3 girls have already fallen for Rudy (Eris, the blonde girl in the previous season, Sylphi), but then they took it one step further by Rudy marrying Sylpi. MC and FMC happily married, harem demon defeated.
Also I really liked Roxy-s character, and their NON-ROMANTIC mentor-student relationship. A female main character who achieved great things without the MC and is able to lead a life without the MC? Unheard of.

Could this be possible, an actual non-trash isekai anime? Can such a thing exist? Of course not.

The last 2 episodes masterfully managed to break everything that the show had going for it.
Roxy-s character, Rudeus being able to be a decent person, Sylphi having any spine at all..
They took the harem thing, and took it 1 step even further, creating a new low.

Rudeus (rightfully) was depressed out of his mind, so much, that it seems the only thing that could cheer him up was to cheat on his pregnant wife. "Roxy saved him". Ridiculous.
And then they are comparing this to the previous episode (which IMO was one of the best episodes of the show) where he saved his sister (and symbolically his former self) from depression. That is just wrong.

It is morally wrong, not only what Rudeus is doing, but that overall from the tone of the episode, it came out like all this is perfectly fine.
It was cool that there was 1 sane person, but yeah she was quickly put down. Then everybody lived their best life ever, happy fckin end.
If I had to find a message, it is that "cheating is fine", not that "you shouldn't cheat". MC was unfaithful and see, everybody is happy as sht.

Next, Eris is on the menu, I guess Rudeus will continue collecting wives like Pokemon, cuz that's a thing now...

If I ignore the last 2 episodes, then this season was overall very good, I would give it like a 8/10.
imSOunique said:
Roxy-s character, and their NON-ROMANTIC mentor-student relationship

rudy has a pair of roxys panties as a holy relic, rudy would jump at the chance for roxy at any moment, roxy tho never said she didnt have feelings for him before him saving her in the dungeon

imSOunique said:

roxy has barely been a character at all in the show, she is a mentor in the first few eps, then she is gone until rudy shows up to save his mom
rudy has been a shit person plenty of times before
and sylphi will do anything for rudy, she legit never had a backbone when it comes him and arguably to anyone else for the matter

the only thing i can say is turning point 4 is pretty drastic and wild af, dont spoil yourself on it, but id for sure watch next season just for it
Jul 1, 3:20 PM

Oct 2018
Dude's been collecting wifes like they're Pokémon. More development in a few episodes than most rom coms progress after several seasons if ever.

Wonder how many he will collect before the show is over.
Jul 1, 3:49 PM
Jul 2023
iwanttoisekay:c
Jul 1, 4:46 PM
May 2021
I thought the image at the end was a nice touch, very touching tribute.
Jul 1, 4:55 PM

Nov 2023
I'm curious about what new danger will continue the plot now that the teleportation incident arc is concluded (or at least i think so).

I'm happy they've already announced the third season, and hope they take the time needed to animate it, as well as the first season.
Jul 1, 5:53 PM
Aug 2022
It was perfect. Perfect. Everything. Down to the last minute details.
Jul 1, 6:45 PM

Feb 2020
;~; cant wait for more
Rudy's gonna Score!

Jul 1, 7:06 PM

Mar 2019
Rudeus: "breathe"
Otaku: "best anime ever made!"
Jul 1, 9:09 PM
May 2018
Can't wait for Season 3
Jul 1, 11:05 PM
Nov 2018
I cringed during the exchange of Rudy trying to rationalize having a second wife, I can’t fuck with it lol. At the end of the day though, this is fiction and I do appreciate that it ties into the end of the episode where Rudy is talking to Paul’s grave. Rudy isn’t a perfect person and has his flaws and failures, and I can definitely relate to his imperfections. To me, that makes for a compelling character.

Can’t wait for season 3!
Jul 2, 12:50 AM
Aug 2011
Deveria ter sido um episódio 40 min
Jul 2, 4:14 AM
Mar 2021
How to build world build characters
Build a main character
Bravo 👏
Jul 2, 5:50 AM
Apr 2024
Love it
I always waiting for this moment from ongoing cour 1 in 2023 (that's my first time i interest with this series, i watch season 1 and LN after it).
Yes ofc rudeus x roxy x sylphie 🥰
Waiting for eris come back
Jul 2, 7:21 AM
May 2020
damn so rudeus is now a father and is gonna be a husband of two, of course, norm was gonna be against this because she's a follower of Millis but you win some you lose some. After the whole situation I can truly say that rudeus has grown up a lil bit and I loved the conversation he had with paul at the end a real tear-jerking moment loved this
Jul 2, 9:04 AM

Jun 2019
10/10, honestly this season deserves more. I'm glad that I watched it.^^
lettuce<3
Jul 2, 9:33 AM
Nov 2022
CINEMA, from start to finish, this season was very good and it's good that the third season has already been approved.

Mushoku besto isekai.
Jul 2, 12:07 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to Homura24
well that was an amazing way to end the season
Rudeus is finally a father
Lucy Greyrat is born
this season again is a solid 10/10
season 3 has already been announced
I just hope it comes out soon

Some LN Extra Details (Volume 12 Chapter 13-16)
- Rudy named the half frozen armadillo Dillo so that it does not die without one.
- When Zenith is taking the armor, Rudy thought if she really did understood this situation and some part of her still remained.
- Rudy want to research the magic stones that absorbed mana incase he faced similar enemies like the hydra again in the future.
- Rudy still has a dilemma that Elinalise told him that Roxy might be pregnant and worried if Roxy have to give birth all by herself, that's why he was doubling down on having Roxy as his wife.
- Sylphie knew knowing Rudy, it is matter of time before he's bringing a woman home, though she thought it would be Lynia, Pursena or Nanahoshi.
- Roxy revealed that she was not actually pregnant. Rudy realised that he was baited by Elinalise to double down on marring Roxy.
- Rudy tried bringing Zenith to the best doctors in Ranoa, but they cannot identify what is wrong with her.

Differences from LN
- Dillo should be in the house and chills around them during and after the discussion
- Sylphie's hair in LN is still short even though it does grow a bit longer. Her hair in the anime was supposed to be for season 3.
- Norn pushed aside Aisha's hand when she's putting it in her shoulder
- Sylphie is more stricter when stopping Roxy from leaving and told Norn to keep quiet

Self Note
- Dillo is being neglected again. It deserves more screentime.
- It's a bit weird seeing Norn and Aisha's dynamic in the anime being totally different when compared to the LN. When i meant different, i meant fistfighting level of difference.
- Also feels weird seeing Badigadi and Ruijerd walking together at the end credit considering how we saw them in the earlier episodes LOL
- My summary this season; it was a good run, but not as good as season 1. Too many things felt being watered down when compared to previous season. Only episode 22 gives me a season 1 vibes.
- Can't wait to see the season 3 adapted. I hope it gives more of a season 1 vibe as it could be one of the most epic season of the series.
- I think this is should be it from me for now. I'll see you guys again on season 3.

@Homura24 Just wanna say thank you for all the LN extra details througout the season.

See you in S3.
Jul 2, 12:11 PM
May 2023
Rudues' development is beautiful.
Jul 2, 1:02 PM

Mar 2015
Norn took the spotlight for this episode. I agreed with every point she made towards the Roxy marriage situation. The only character that has pointed out everything wrong with the situation, and it's from a child wow.

The Roxy drama felt forced and wrong to me. Especially hate the "she's not there, so I'm going to fill the role". I enjoyed the season aside from that, 7/10.
Jul 2, 1:48 PM

Mar 2013
Sad, i expected a trainwreck from the moral degen thread that poped at the end of the season, but in the end all go smootly and was foreshadowed in the first part when sylphie was seducing him.
Would have been fun if she was also curious and peeked at Rudy "shrine" lol, would explain her bland face from getting cucked hard by Roxy.

Also from other post it seem like they skiped about Roxy might be pregnant (100% not happening or they would have put it in the anime for more hype) wich is exactly what happened with his father
lasodamosJul 2, 1:55 PM
Jul 2, 2:51 PM

May 2021
Damn does Sylphie look so mature and lovely with her hair style. It's like we finally have our Venesaur. Apart from that, everything else hit much harder in the LN so y'all should go read that but this is pretty good too.

And I know it's supposed to be serious but Norn casually pointing out Roxy's height like that took me out.

Jul 2, 4:01 PM
Jul 2022
Fantastic Season, can't wait for season 3
Jul 2, 4:14 PM
Jan 2021
Best isekai rudeus goat
Jul 2, 5:37 PM

Jul 2022
THREESOME TIME
9/10 IF NOT FOR THE SLOW START IT MIGHT'VE BEEN A 10
Jul 2, 8:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They’ve adapted this so well according to the source material. That said, I wish they tried to deviate a bit from the LN’s and make Roxy look older. It feels so uncomfortable to see her looking like a 12 year old despite her supposed real age
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 3, 2:16 AM

Dec 2015
Nice last episode - with the ending scene where Rudi talked to Paul. Going with 8/10 for this 2nd half of season 2. The other main entries I have all scored with 9/10 (and the single episode entries with 8).

Here it was a bit weaker - yeah we had more adventuring. This should have been better than the school stuff. But I actually enjoyed the school setting + the thing with Nanahoshi and the princess and revealing Sylphie. This 2nd half hat a bit of build-up and too much family/SoL-like stuff from the annoying department. (Harem and the wedding/family stuff.)

The stuff with Paul felt less dramatic than it should have. Music and the OP/ED felt less overwhelming (still good) than in the previous seasons/halves where even different (visually) OPs or EDs existed (I think the ED it was ... OP the same).

Last episode made up a bit for the stuff that felt less good - the dialogue with paul was great again. And the main char reflecting about his own behaviour and his past self in the previous world before he got reincarnated.
Jul 3, 5:18 AM

Jul 2013
What are the chances Lucy Greyrat was also isekaid there from the other world? Lol

Jul 3, 8:05 AM
Apr 2023
The best anime of all time
Jul 3, 8:59 AM
Sep 2021
The power/relation dynamics between character devolves into a generic harem anime which is a shame.
Jul 3, 9:22 AM
Apr 2020
Rudeus is a garbage, worst MC of all times
Jul 3, 1:39 PM

Apr 2018
I would say that this was a pretty good season and is comparable to the first one. There were some issues which were badly adapted from what I've heard (when rudy was depressed and suddenly she was on her dick).
The soundtrack and animation were just beautiful. A lot of great improvement for a lot of characters.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 3, 2:37 PM

Mar 2021
Well, they may end it on a beautiful note, but I still disagree with Rudy having 2 wifes
Sylphy is too easy, too open mind imo, and Im not the only one thinking that, btw Norn said everything we thought, everything wrong, but now she have to accept it...
I guess all of you who agree with the story, you're gonna say the same when Eris is next right, yay ~

The only thing I like, is Sylphy's look, she really have the mom vibe, and her hair is beautiful

We'll miss you Paul ;_;
Jul 3, 2:47 PM
Apr 2024
I don't like rudeus wit roxy and sylphie at the same time
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Jun 16

612 by aurora_yuuki »»
Yesterday, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MegamiRem - Jun 9

218 by aurora_yuuki »»
Sep 30, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 14

207 by minnaslay127 »»
Sep 30, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ArimaKana - Jun 23

369 by TheOtherJN »»
Sep 27, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Would you also deny Aisha's request? (SPOILER episode 6) ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - May 25

61 by Zarutaku »»
Sep 22, 11:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.