Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
So Rudeus decided to throw a party for the marriage. Not a bad idea tbh. And also, good to see a familiar face aka Elinalise back. Same with Badigadi.

Apaprently, this episode give away that Elinalise is Sylphy's grandmother so that's big. A lot of unexpected emotions coming out of the episode...

Apr 14, 8:27 AM

May 2020
No, I don’t think an outfit resembling that of an army's uniform.. even by a bit, should be something suitable to be even considered when we’re talking in the context of a wedding reception lol. Good they didn’t go with that idea, and went with simple stock clothing. It’s their time, so it should be them who need to enjoy it to the utmost. Be it fucking each other whenever they feel so, or throwing a congratulatory party to their peers.

Though all of them are good at their place, but the revelation of Sylphy being related to Elinalise, and that too, latter being Sylphy’s grandma, sure was a shocker lol. We know, they are both elves, but just because for that reason..? Lol, this series is as unserious at places, something, for every reason, shouldn’t be.

Good that Sylphy didn’t inherit the genes, at least by now. And hey, we know this princess and her crew loves their Sylphy, but no point in going and embarrassing yourself that way, right? RIGHT? By the way, we really are moving slow, don’t we?
Apr 14, 8:28 AM

Dec 2021
The hardest part about getting married? Breaking the news to everyone.

OP and ED got leaked earlier this week, courtesy of CR as usual... Guess leaking's their thing this season. Yeah, the song is really growing on me with each listen, and the visuals are just stunning... and spoiler-filled, to say the least. The ED is also beautiful. Anyways, can't say I'd be thrilled about wearing a dead rat, but hey, at least it's a fire jacket, so I'd take it. Rudeus, man... He hasn't changed one bit. All it took was Sylphy getting close to him, and he was ready to go. I mean just now thinking about it, Rudeus is really just a male version of Elinalise.

Nanahoshi was going crazy over those chips, like damn, they're good in Japan, but they ain't that good that you'd want them recreated just to taste them again, worthy. Though to each their own. Then ofc you got Elinalise wanting to know when Rudeus would get over his ED... I mean, she straight-up said it when Sylphy was talking about her grandpa that she's a "whore." But damn, I'm glad they're making Elinalise feel like an actual character and not just a one-night stand with her personality.

Goddamn tho, the Bind team was tired of having no action to animate last season and just snapped with the sword fight, holy. Got me excited for the rest of the season now. Though now it makes sense how Sylphy can handle the fiend that is Rudeus, seeing as she's related to Elinalise, lol.

Now that everyone knows Rudeus and Sylphy are together, hopefully, they can live happily ever after...

Apr 14, 8:35 AM

Apr 2021
I didn't expect rudeus to win that easily
Apr 14, 8:37 AM
Apr 2022
Sword fight is just straight up fire
Apr 14, 8:39 AM

Apr 2011
Holy fuck, that opening is filled to the brim with spoilers.

It's honestly quite astounding how different the series feels due the cut content. I mean, I get why they have to do it but still, it is quite unfortunate. For instance, there was so much foreshadowing to Sylphie being related to Elinalise in volumes 8 and 9 (the latter half of Season 2, Part 1), but they were all cut to make for time.
Apr 14, 8:39 AM

Feb 2021
Amaing OP! Love it. I guess it's more generic than the previous ones, but I love it.
10:57 Lol I like how he copied Pursena's speech pattern here

w h a t. Well that connection was unexpected.
Nice episode. But now I have no idea what will happen next, let's see.
Apr 14, 8:40 AM

Jul 2017
Absolutely loved this episode and how it flew by so well. Again, in a season where a lot of shows have felt somewhat slow to me, good or bad, this show definitely stands out to me for how episodes can just breeze by so quickly while delivering great content on a weekly basis.

I loved the wedding reception episode here in its simplicity. It's a small event but showcases a long way that Rudeus has come to get this far in life. He had no real connections with anyone in his past life so seeing him married with Sylphie, and have various friends that he built relationships with attend his wedding reception was a cool sight to see. Loved seeing glimpses of scenes and how these colorful characters are interacting with each other like Badigadi, Zanoba, Linia and Pursena and even Nanahoshi attending her Japanese acquaintance's event with getting to enjoy some comfort snacks from home (with a future promise to get to use Rudeus and Sylphie's bathtub in the future). It was a simple but fun time as a whole to celebrate Rudeus and Sylphie's marriage.

Alongside that, some little other events took place like Elinalise being revealed as Sylphie's grandmother as she did give birth to Laws in her past. She was shunned by many for what happened, but it was nice seeing Sylphie and Elinalise bond together like that, and for Sylphie to have some real family in a world where she had no one blood-related to her remaining previously. She might have lost her parents and family after the teleportation incident, but it is good to see her not only find a husband now to keep her company but her grandmother too. It is weird, it is Mushoku Tensei-like with the family structure in this occasion but it was great to watch.

Even the little bits of action with Rudeus and Luke was really good with that Q-Kawa animation work being splendid. Ariel and Luke have been with Sylphie for the last 6+ years together and treasure Sylphie a lot, so they are placing their trust on Rudeus to protect and be there for her no matter what, kind of like a blessing to see if Rudeus is capable enough to carry that torch forward. The series has shown glimpses with how much the two of them value Sylphie with how much they helped in getting the two of them together so it was nice as well seeing this scene come together as well. Also loved Rudeus and Sylphie's moments together in this episode from shopping for clothes, relaxing in the bath and the whole wedding reception. Now that they are married officially, it is time for them to progress forward in a new chapter of their lives together.

As a whole, great episode with good bits of animation for the Rudeus-Luke action and Rudeus in bed, excited and a few more. It looks pretty damn good, direction was nice with good angles used and the pacing is flowing extremely well so far. I think this cour so far has been more promising from an adaptation-standpoint which is great to see. Really enjoyed this. OP isn't Mushoku Tensei season 1 levels but from a normal opening standpoint, it was great visually and the ED with Yuiko Ohara was magical and truly showcases Rudeus' growth throughout the years.
Apr 14, 8:42 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to mshfqtny
I didn't expect rudeus to win that easily
@mshfqtny It helped a lot that he trained with a Sword King in Ghislaine, Ruijerd and Eris for many years. He is much more than capable with people who are more 'normal' after years of training with people who are insanely talented and skilled.
Apr 14, 8:42 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to yhunata

It's honestly quite astounding how different the series feels due the cut content. I mean, I get why they have to do it but still, it is quite unfortunate. For instance, there was so much foreshadowing to Sylphie being related to Elinalise in volumes 8 and 9 (the latter half of Season 2, Part 1), but they were all cut to make for time.
@yhunata how many cut contents there are?!?!
Apr 14, 8:45 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to yhunata

yhunata said:
it feels like there are spoilers because you already know. It's very hard to understand anything if you don't read it beforehand.
Apr 14, 8:48 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to LunarKnight_
@LunarKnight_ A LOT of cut content and you could argue that's an understatement ngl
Apr 14, 8:54 AM

Oct 2023
Nothing but wholesomeness.

Hitorie performing the OP means this season features 2 Boruto ED song performers (yay)! Who cares about that lower-than-mid on-hiatus anime?
Apr 14, 8:58 AM

Feb 2021
The new opneing is better than the last one, which isn't too surprising tbh...

Good episode, got pretty much every detail from the LN I think...

Apr 14, 8:58 AM

Oct 2017
Finally the Elinalise reveal, so happy for Sylphy.
Apr 14, 8:59 AM

May 2020
another amazing episode
the duel between Rudeus and Luke was animated perfectly
and Elinalise being sylphys grandmother was a big revelation
cant wait for the next ep

Apr 14, 9:03 AM
Jul 2023
Ah, Muse Asia subtitle is nya as ever.
Apr 14, 9:03 AM
Oct 2021
mshfqtny said:
yhunata said:
it feels like there are spoilers because you already know. It's very hard to understand anything if you don't read it beforehand.

Couldn’t have said it any better
Apr 14, 9:05 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to LunarKnight_
@LunarKnight_ I would say a good 45% of content is cut. For instance, from volume 7 onwards, every volume has 2 or 3 chapters dedicated entirely to Eris or Sylphie, all of which have been cut. There are the aforementioned mentions of how Sylphie and even Rudy has compared Elinalise's facial features to Sylphie's. While a lot of the cut content can be considered background fluff, some cut content does change certain perspectives. For instance, the slave market scene in the last season, the anime completely cut out the mention of Sylhpie and Rudy feeling incredibly uncomfortable being there. Also, I'll just mention this here, Rudy's supposed to be much taller than that right now. Sylphie should come up to his shoulders, not nearly as tall.

@mshfqtny While I agree that having read the LN has made the smaller things easier to spot, it's kinda hard to miss the giant ass monster they're fighting in the opening. Also another thing that people could potentially catch on to, that I won't mention here.
Apr 14, 9:06 AM
Aug 2021
Ah Elinalise best girl!!!
Apr 14, 9:09 AM

Dec 2019
Peak wholesomeness. Julie on Badigadi's arms and her drinking was cool, she had a really fun time lol. Was nice seeing Rudeus' friends all there for the big event in his life and supporting him, like Cliff with his blessing for example. Badigadi really made this reception to be a lot more fun and not stiff so he was an MVP there.

Rudeus' new jacket looks really good. Will miss the old worn out robe that he wore from Demon Continent adventures with Dead End, but it signifies visually that this is a truly new chapter in his life as an adult now for that world and how he has to do his best for himself and Sylphie.
Apr 14, 9:13 AM

Dec 2022
well was expecting Elinalise to be Slphies grandmother but its fine things settled down

but the real highlight of this episode was definitely this

like i was expecting what was gonna happen but looking at Rueduses horny face made me crack
Apr 14, 9:14 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to yhunata
@LunarKnight_ I would say a good 45% of content is cut. For instance, from volume 7 onwards, every volume has 2 or 3 chapters dedicated entirely to Eris or Sylphie, all of which have been cut. There are the aforementioned mentions of how Sylphie and even Rudy has compared Elinalise's facial features to Sylphie's. While a lot of the cut content can be considered background fluff, some cut content does change certain perspectives. For instance, the slave market scene in the last season, the anime completely cut out the mention of Sylhpie and Rudy feeling incredibly uncomfortable being there. Also, I'll just mention this here, Rudy's supposed to be much taller than that right now. Sylphie should come up to his shoulders, not nearly as tall.

@mshfqtny While I agree that having read the LN has made the smaller things easier to spot, it's kinda hard to miss the giant ass monster they're fighting in the opening. Also another thing that people could potentially catch on to, that I won't mention here.
yhunata said:
still it doesn't spoil anything. It just implies that there will be big fight scene. That might create hype among viewers which can be a good thing.

Just think of the op as a trailer.
Apr 14, 9:16 AM
Apr 2023
you can already tell this cour has so much more budget and effort put into it
op visuals are really good although spoiler heavy
what can i say? peak will be peak
Apr 14, 9:21 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to yhunata

@yhunata I thought they adapted the sylphie chapters tho in cour 1? starting from ep 7
Apr 14, 9:23 AM
Mar 2024
The story is one of the best story I have ever seen
Apr 14, 9:24 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They gave the Luke/Rudeus duel some nice Berserk feels. Nice episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 14, 9:26 AM

Dec 2023
Although I'm not the biggest fan of the OP, the visuals in it are really clean!

This episode is reason #124 of why Sylphie is best girl. Things are going good for them and it's got me really worried.

I did not expect that Elinalise was Sylphie's grandmother. I thought Cliff would have a hard time dealing with this but he reacted in the most based way possible. His character development since meeting Eris is impressive.

This show is so good!
Jun 2023
Love the focus on connections in this ep. He lost connections in his old life, had a couple childhood friends that he lost touch with at their respective times. But with school arc, him actually making friends with different people and having it mean something for them to take part and have fun in a big event in Rudy's life means a lot. Shows how much he has now compared to when he was scared to leave his room and abandoned everyone including himself. Having friends he cherishes makes the reception event feel warmer and joyous.
Apr 2024
I feel like this 2nd episode mostly filled with joy and happiness. As we may know from their simple wedding ceremony as well as the spring moment really touch my heart a lot.
Apr 14, 9:30 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to rolopolo78
@yhunata I thought they adapted the sylphie chapters tho in cour 1? starting from ep 7
@rolopolo78 Not all of them. Probably the same will be done with the Eris chapters. Maybe 1 or 2 will be adapted when the time calls for it.

@mshfqtny True. Its just, someone with a keen eye could figure out some stuff, especially if they tried to analyse the OP. All in all, its spoilery but probably not as spoilery as the likes of Naruto or Bleach.
Apr 14, 9:36 AM
Oct 2016
As I'm sure with many others this episode ended up being much more emotional than I expected. Rudy and Sylphy having become newlyweds must welcome all their close associates with a wedding reception. Which with so many guests it takes a lot of preparations to make the party flourish. We get some scenes with Rudy and Sylphy going around town shopping that I loved. It further shows how strong their bond is that they rely on each other so much. The wedding reception went great, with so many of the invitations being accepted it made for a wonderful evening. The big moment of cours being Elinalise realizing that Sylphy is her granddaughter. Sylphy herself coming to this realization, as well as the clues being there all along. Elinalise breaking down made me sad, due to her curse she's worried about anyone related to her getting a bad reputation by simply being her relative. Hence why she left her son aka Sylphy dad once he was grown. I'm glad that Cliff was there to comfort Elinalise as she was going through this. Rudy duel with Luke was very well done, it looked great and the message behind it was perfect. Luke and Aerial have become close to Sylphy over the years and want to make sure she's taken car of by Rudy. The line that Cliff says about sticking by Elinalise because its his duty to make the woman that loves him happy is absolutely perfect. I loved that so much. Rudy hearing that knows he must care for Sylphy no matter what moving forward.
Apr 14, 9:41 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty cool revelation that Elinalise is Sylphie's grandmother, I wasn't expecting that. It was great seeing everyone come together for this wedding celebration, it was nice episode with a wholesome and, at times, emotional atmosphere. We even got a small treat of brief animation eye candy with Rudy and Luke's duel. Seems like their wedding reception couldn't have gone better.

The OP song is nice and man those visuals are clean. ED song is pretty good too.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 14, 9:48 AM

Sep 2022
Man, the ED song.. it's so melancholic, with a tinge of sadness to it. It reminds me of the S1P2 ED. Now I'm afraid of what the second half of this cour has in store for us.
Gremlin Eris be like:
Apr 14, 9:54 AM

Jan 2016
Is no one going to question Elinalise’s age thing??? Like being with Cliff was already weird when I assumed she was maybe in her early 30s, but now we learn she’s actually more like 50ish and literally the GRANDMA of one of his friends of a similar age. I don’t even understand the point of making this a plot line
Apr 14, 9:58 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to k0rvus
Is no one going to question Elinalise’s age thing??? Like being with Cliff was already weird when I assumed she was maybe in her early 30s, but now we learn she’s actually more like 50ish and literally the GRANDMA of one of his friends of a similar age. I don’t even understand the point of making this a plot line
@k0rvus She's an elf, she's more in her 200s lol.
Apr 14, 10:02 AM
Apr 2024
Almost skipped the whole episode. This is really not for me anymore I guess. I signed up for something different than melodrama
Apr 14, 10:03 AM
May 2020
at first I gave 7 stars bc ep01 gave me filler vibes but with this opening at ep02 beginning it's a 10 by far.
Apr 14, 10:03 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to k0rvus
@k0rvus Yeah I know what you mean.
Do elves just have no perk for aging? Like they only have big ears and age the same? I would think she's much older. I google her age and..

Apr 14, 10:07 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to watsym
@k0rvus Yeah I know what you mean.
Do elves just have no perk for aging? Like they only have big ears and age the same? I would think she's much older. I google her age and..

@watsym Different races have different aging like in many other fantasy series. It depends on the series and what the writer chooses to be the limit but a lot of them have elves go to 500-1000ish range so 200 in that context is not humongous. Ruijerd himself is roughly 570ish years old at this current time as a Superd and he looks in a similar age range as Elinalise.
Apr 14, 10:09 AM
May 2022
ah, damn.
seeing this episode felt happy to see them, then came the closing + song, instead evoking memories of season 1 and feeling sad, Rudeus' journey has been this long (although it's still long in LN).

And yes, the visual opening + song is cool and looks like where Rudeus' journey will go this season.

ReksionoArtApr 14, 10:14 AM
Apr 14, 10:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
wedding banquet with a big surprise!
kekeke
Apr 14, 10:10 AM
Aug 2020
episode was straight fire, I liked the delivery of every part, the fight was clean, the interactions were natural for their characters, and finally, FINALLY it feels like I'm watching a movie again, love it!
Apr 14, 10:13 AM
Aug 2020
Farabeuf said:
They gave the Luke/Rudeus duel some nice Berserk feels. Nice episode.

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING WHEN I SAW THAT SHOT
Apr 14, 10:17 AM
Oct 2020
Awesome. This episode is beautiful.
Apr 14, 10:23 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Got the OP and ED in this one, I really love the songs and visuals for both, the OP makes it look like we’re in for another mostly SoL style season but it also looks like there’s some intense stuff to come, it has me excited, and those ED visuals showing the past and present of the series up to this point got me nostalgic, it has been a while since we were at the humble beginnings after all, love it. And this episode was another mostly chill one with Rudeus and Sylphie having a party at their house to celebrate the wedding, and they had a full house with pretty much everyone Rudeus had gotten to know at the school. There was also that moment beforehand where Rudeus could not wait to finish the bath with Sylphie when she got a bit too close and personal lol, this married life has opened new doors for horny moments in this show.

And the party looked like a good time, I liked that little segment that only had music as we witnessed the shenanigans going down. And it seemed like the party was going to end with everyone simply leaving, that was until we found out Einalise is actually Sylphie’s grandma which is something I never expected, I just thought they both had elf ears lol, and not only that we but we also got a short duel between Rudeus and Luke, I thought Luke would fare better but it was over quickly for him. And lastly we got that moment where Cliff doubled down on helping his woman which I really liked, Rudeus’ reaction was kinda funny but it ended up being an inspiring moment, Cliff is a true lad.
Apr 14, 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
yhunata said:

Foreshadowing, not spoilers.

Apr 14, 10:53 AM
Oct 2020
as an anime only, the elinalise reveal felt as if it came out of nowhere, i asume the novel gave at least hints of their bond
Apr 14, 10:56 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to manik11n
as an anime only, the elinalise reveal felt as if it came out of nowhere, i asume the novel gave at least hints of their bond
@manik11n The anime gave some hints of relations for Sylphie and Elinalise with the pendants that Elinalise and Rudeus had (since Sylphie made the pendant he had for his 10th birthday). But the novel definitely gave more hints regarding that.
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

Feb 2019
Absolutely amazing episode, perhaps one of the most important episodes so far of Mushoku Tensei. Some people complain about these slice of life/romance eps as boring, but these are really some of the best in the story.

Seeing Rudy and Sylphie finally happy after everything they’ve been through is just great. Especially nice seeing all the friends gathered for the wedding reception because of how lonely Rudeus was in his past life. He was never able to really connect with people and of course had abandonment issues as well, so seeing bro surrounded by love and positivity is wonderful. Just wish his parents could’ve been there

Additionally, the big reveal of Lise as Sylphie’s grandmother was very satisfying. We’d kinda got gradual hints like the pendant and the fact they look somewhat alike, but getting it confirmed was cool and a nice weight off both of their shoulders. Having some familial connection will be nice for the two of them.

Love that scene of Cliff spilling his heart to Rudy about wanting to break Lise’s curse. Rudy just instantly understood after looking in his eyes. Something only a man in love could relate to.

The Rudy vs Luke fight might have been short, but BIND flexed their muscle. Looking forward to the big action scenes this season.

New OP is definitely a departure from the style of the first two, feels more traditional isekai/fantasy but I like it, it’ll be nostalgic one day

Very emotionally satisfying episode, can’t wait for this next arc.
Marinate1016Apr 14, 2:40 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Rudeus a good person? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

51 by animegamer245 »»
1 minute ago

» Episode 17 (Cour 2 Episode 5) Preview video

animejas - 5 hours ago

6 by MangagnaM »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28

134 by SkullProphet »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

170 by Penguinu »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Anyone else thinks Rudeus is one of the best anime characters, ever?

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 30

49 by Liam19 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.