Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Apr 21, 2017 6:19 AM

Dec 2007
Rei366 said:

@Yokurama
The big revelation leading to the meat of the story will only come in the episode 11 (or 12 if they go for a double middle episode), with most things before being there to introduce early characters then get to know them ("character-centric episodes", "fillers", depending on who you ask).
At least, that is the common schema of a full-length TV anime

11 or 12 eps? That's gonna be a bit of a wait. That's fine though, I'm assuming the character introduction episodes should be entertaining on their own too.
Apr 21, 2017 7:19 AM

Jan 2011
It'd be a lot better if they used real properties.
Apr 21, 2017 8:05 AM
May 2015

Interesting answers, though my questions were mostly rhetorical, a way to point out possible flaws in the idea of fictional worlds being created by imagination.
Apr 21, 2017 10:05 AM
Jul 2014
Rei366 said:

-snip-

4/5 Any idea if the fiction characters are supposed to be archetypes of a genre or more precisely a wink to a real work of fiction?

-snip-

Seems to be bit of both, though from available evidence we're largely being given genre achetypes.
Apr 21, 2017 12:13 PM

May 2016
Re:Creators look like it is made by Ufotable. Animations are pretty dope and OP is my favourite in this season.
Apr 21, 2017 1:12 PM
Jul 2016
Another great episode. I'm looking forward to introduction of this purple haired girl with pentagram (or something) on her glove, she looks really interesting. Also, loved the OP.
Apr 21, 2017 3:12 PM
Jun 2015
Nice episode 5/5 ,even if i still don't like Souta guy (he piss me off xd) !!!
Apr 21, 2017 6:57 PM
Jul 2014
Jakubajk said:
Re:Creators look like it is made by Ufotable. Animations are pretty dope and OP is my favourite in this season.

It's studio troyca, the guys who did Aldnoah Zero. The art style and polish are very different from UFOtable, which is arguably the superior studio.
Apr 21, 2017 8:18 PM

Sep 2012
Yuya looking like a total badass.
Apr 22, 2017 2:15 AM

May 2016
firemagnet said:
Jakubajk said:

It's studio troyca, the guys who did Aldnoah Zero. The art style and polish are very different from UFOtable, which is arguably the superior studio.
Ikr im not that stupid to not check who is behind Re:Creators. None can compare with Ufotable and their work is on another level but faces from both studios looks similar. Not to mention sound effects ...
Apr 22, 2017 4:25 PM

Jan 2010
They really don't look similar lol...
Apr 23, 2017 8:54 PM

Jan 2013
The art is so gorgeous.
They just started randomly fighting wtf, that Mahou-shoujo girl must chill xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 23, 2017 10:09 PM
Oct 2011
Strawberrycake48 said:
Lol at Selesia's creator being a complete perv for her- it makes sense though, he prolly just created his ideal woman.

This bit was great lol. She's my favorite so far.
DangerMouseDMApr 23, 2017 10:18 PM
Apr 24, 2017 10:45 AM

Feb 2015
As someone else already pointed out, the #1 thing I want to see in this anime is Celestia and Meteora finding H doujinshi of them. That would be a priceless scene.
Apr 28, 2017 2:28 AM

Dec 2009
I feel like the fight scene only happened to flaunt the gorgeous sakuga these artists can pull off.

Story-wise it was a 3/5 but animation-wise it was a 5/5 easily. With a 22 episode show I really hope they can keep it up.
Apr 28, 2017 3:21 AM

Mar 2014
Huh, I don't get it why were they fighting? Did they just throw in that fight with the magical girl to show off their animation? I like the idea of this show, taking characters from multiple games, anime and novels then throwing them in the real world. However, I haven't seen any characters that i actually like so far they are all boring to me.
Apr 28, 2017 4:42 AM
Apr 2016
L0bsterman said:
Huh, I don't get it why were they fighting? Did they just throw in that fight with the magical girl to show off their animation? I like the idea of this show, taking characters from multiple games, anime and novels then throwing them in the real world. However, I haven't seen any characters that i actually like so far they are all boring to me.
You are exactly the problem this series is trying to address. You could not even read that due to Magical Girl world logic and her philosophy she is "obliged" to fight because she always wins and everyone ends up happy in the end.
You are as oblivious as that "Mahou Shoujo", you could not even keep up with the dialogues.
Re:formed
Apr 28, 2017 10:14 AM

Mar 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
L0bsterman said:
You are exactly the problem this series is trying to address. You could not even read that due to Magical Girl world logic and her philosophy she is "obliged" to fight because she always wins and everyone ends up happy in the end.
You are as oblivious as that "Mahou Shoujo", you could not even keep up with the dialogues.
hmm.. oh i read that. even with mahou shoujo anime i havent seen any where the magical girl flat out attacks someone that isnt threathening anyone or isnt a demon in disquise. i found the reasoning too weak to acknowledge. What exactly is the problem that this anime trying to address? you lost me on that. The only thing i can see it trying to convey is the different logic and physics of different anime clashing. However, you make it sound like there is something else this is trying to "fix".
L0bstermanApr 28, 2017 10:32 AM
Apr 29, 2017 2:00 AM
Jul 2012
Ludicolobro said:
I actually love this show, i find it to be fun to watch and suprisingly funny in the most subtle of ways. One exaxample is when they're talking about the different worlds and Meteora just breaks the fourth wall with a feather and says that there is a high probability that the world he's in is fictional XD. Also the guy at the end had a "COMPANION" this has to be a jojo reference right!??!!

JoJo part 9 confirmed?
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

May 1, 2017 1:24 PM

Apr 2015
Well to be frank I didn't think it would be this enjoyable lol.

Another really interesting episode with a bad ass being introduced. I like his design.

May 2, 2017 2:38 AM

Jul 2009
New guy is awesome!
May 5, 2017 6:25 PM

Feb 2013
And now we have a magical girl... so yea, those heart blasts didn't destroy things in your kiddie anime now did they?

... not sure where this anime is going... at least it's amusing to watch.
May 11, 2017 11:58 PM

Jan 2017
when that guy showed up at the end, he literally had a persona, so i was expecting him to say hes from persona lmao

really good anime so far, too much talking for the start of the episode but were still early into the series, and the ending moment was amazing
May 12, 2017 7:27 PM

Oct 2016
I thought this show was similar to Highschool DXD when I saw the posters lol.

Oh my.. I can't believe I was so wrong. I was late to start this anime, I'm gonna pick up pace! >.<

After watching episode 2, I'm getting the same vibe as Fate series lol... I hope we'll see more solid explanation what are these creators and they inert powers to summon these fictional characters.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

May 15, 2017 2:32 PM

May 2015
Oh shit Madoka appeard! :DDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 16, 2017 5:19 AM

Jan 2012
"Usually there's no blood."
LOL
Jun 2, 2017 10:51 AM

Jun 2013
Mamika is great, she brought some really nice action and sakuga. I also love the idea of all these incompatible characters being pitted against each other. I liked the first half, too, as the initial trio was exploring the "real world" and trying to make sense of what is happening.

Military Uniform Princess is a fitting name for our edgy antagonist.
Jun 2, 2017 12:35 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty LN-ish, fuck that Sota guy, why's he even in the plot?? Other than his chara, rest is pretty decent.

They DO know that Sota's not the only one who 'knows' them, he's dime a dozen otaku there. If he can just complete his half-uttering and mumbling, the picture will be a lot clearer for the 2 heroines....just my rant..
Jun 26, 2017 1:13 PM

Sep 2015
Honestly episode spent way too much time giving exposition. I was getting a little bored there. The ending did pick up though. The author meeting Selesia was really amusing. Though I expected her anger at him to be a little more...focused? Like it keeps almost seeming like she resents the amount of fan service inherent in her character. But it doesn't really do anything with that. Mamika is pretty funny. And while I agree with Celesia and Katana man that her methods don't really gel with characters from other genres. I can't help but feel sorry for her. There was also something kind of ingenious and cool about her cutesy attacks being brutal. Though her freak out over the blood was what earned my sympathy.
Jun 26, 2017 9:05 PM

Oct 2013
This episode put me to sleep, dropped. Interesting concept but the execution is flat and dry.
Jun 29, 2017 2:49 PM

Feb 2015
It's an interesting concept, but the execution feels off. Certainly didn't help that the first half of the episode was nothing but talking. I'll give it one more episode to see if it can pick up the pacing.
Jul 7, 2017 6:29 AM

Mar 2015
I am surprised at how much I am enjoying anime characters brought into the real world, as opposed to the far more common earth humans transferring to a fantasy world.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jul 9, 2017 10:39 AM

Jun 2015
Mamika, the accidental terrorist.
uh oh!
Jul 10, 2017 9:17 AM

Dec 2009
The premise is really promising with the interactions of Creators and created.
Jul 13, 2017 8:02 AM

Jul 2016
Welp! Now we dragged Madoka and Persona into it too!

So, unlike the last episode, we start off with, not an exposition dump, but rather a philosophical dump. But still, hats off to the people behind this, from the dump alone, we can tell a lot of thought were put into this, and the concept of YOU making a world possible is fascinating and should be explored more in other media.HECK! Meteora ACTUALLY gives a legit reason as to why she eats so much, not for the sake of eating too much, but because she likes the flavor. Let's see you top that! And it gives a real nice insight as to how a creator would feel meeting his own creation and vice versa, it's quite amazing actually. This concept alone is another reason, why you should watch this show. Unless they screw it up later, in which case, $#%&@!!!

And I have to admit, the OP caught me off guard and showed most of the cast, so I'll keep it sequential. We got Madoka from Precure (I know what I said) dropping in and we also have Gary Oak from Persona 'Whatever number' (Last boss? Main Rival? They're not even hiding it! And if he were from a manga, then stand would make much more sense, but since he's from a video game, it's Persona) So the show is giving us a lot of build-up and introducing the characters bit by bit. And the ending is pretty nice too.

Alright show, I'm hooked. Now, what are you going to do next? Surprise me!
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Jul 15, 2017 10:34 AM
Aug 2014
This is disapponting. The premise for this anime sounds great but the characters are flat, the plot doesn't feel cohesive, and overall I was bored to tears in this episode. A very reluctant drop. :(

Sep 9, 2017 11:02 AM

Dec 2012
Where is Naruto?!!!

Oct 29, 2017 9:51 AM
May 2016
Paul said:

It's a shame these characters aren't actual characters from real series, the connection between viewers and the show would be so much stronger.

New guy had a persona.

I totally agree with you on that! It would make the whole series be that much more meta.
Dec 11, 2017 3:12 AM

Sep 2011
So they just introduced Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Shaman King. That's freaking awesome! :D
Jan 9, 2018 7:58 PM

Jul 2016
i was ready to write a totally negative comment, as this episode was highly disappointing compared to the first one. until the guy came at the end, i thought he was kinda cool. ugly and with a drawling accent but still cool. the companion he mentioned at the end reminds me of persona? is it indeed based off of persona? i was rolling my eyes as they explained the worlds and the creators thing, now i understand why it is called re:creators. however everything sounded really dumb/stretched, i'd wish they hadn't explained and i'd be happy to take everything for face value. honestly wtf was up with the clearly madoka character? this is similar to hataraku maou where they pop up in the 'real world' and acclimated to the conditions there, fighting with their powers n shit. i mean that is what is going on... sort of.
Feb 22, 2018 7:32 AM

Mar 2015
I.... uh... actually loved this episode! It's a fun first half with them trying to learn more about the real world + meeting Selesia's creator and then the goddamn Madoka character appeared and gives out plenty of horrified and Madoka-ish reaction! LOVED IT

Mar 5, 2018 6:37 AM

Mar 2015
Nice, I really like where this is going. Creations meeting their creators!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 29, 2018 1:54 PM

May 2012
Well this is sure is getting interesting! Quite lovely progression and introduction to new characters! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Apr 26, 2018 7:16 PM
Feb 2018
Too bad a goku like character isn't here. Or else this would be and instant gg.
Jan 6, 2019 7:46 PM

Jul 2009
Magical Girl is too OP!

Love the sound effects and fight scenes. It does feel like Fate series!

Can't wait for more crazy characters to show up!!
Jul 4, 2020 1:32 PM

Mar 2010
RANDOM random random... It doesn't feel like we have progressed not even a inch.. just more random characters popping in doing as they please.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 7, 2020 7:21 PM

Feb 2019
Selesia and Meteora are a lot more humane/down-to-earth than I thought they were, but Souta's still pretty bland. He seems like a bland, weak otaku protagnist.

I'm not sure why Mamika is so intent on attacking Selesia just because of a difference in ideals, though. Yuya looks really cool, and his voice is really fitting.
Oct 15, 2020 1:37 AM
Dec 2017
NevrGonaGivUup said:
It didnt really make sense to me why the magical girl attacked selestia. I feel like they just wanted to have an action scene this episode.

Well its because mamika comes from a very simple story. 'If you dont agree with someone you hit them with love hearts and then everything will be ok.' Thats how she thinks because thats how her world worked. She didnt need to argue, or prove your point or try to reason with anyone because in her story, she is always right. So the reason she fought was because she doesnt know any better, hence why she was so distraught when her attacks caused damage and there was blood. She had never experienced it before, and she was naive enough to believe thats how this world works also because that was how she was written.

Its actually brilliant character writing and really makes these character feel real due to them having proper thoughts based on the experiences from their own worlds.
Oct 15, 2020 1:37 AM
Dec 2017
NevrGonaGivUup said:
It didnt really make sense to me why the magical girl attacked selestia. I feel like they just wanted to have an action scene this episode.

Well its because mamika comes from a very simple story. 'If you dont agree with someone you hit them with love hearts and then everything will be ok.' Thats how she thinks because thats how her world worked. She didnt need to argue, or prove your point or try to reason with anyone because in her story, she is always right. So the reason she fought was because she doesnt know any better, hence why she was so distraught when her attacks caused damage and there was blood. She had never experienced it before, and she was naive enough to believe thats how this world works also because that was how she was written.

Its actually brilliant character writing and really makes these character feel real due to them having proper thoughts based on the experiences from their own worlds.
Jan 28, 2021 9:35 AM

Nov 2019
Mamika Kirameki = Madoka Kaname ??
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

267 by Raistlarn »»
Jul 15, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

260 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

207 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

237 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

244 by Karva1 »»
May 26, 10:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.