Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Sister's All You Need. (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 15, 2017 2:25 PM
Jan 2014
hibikase_ff said:
Ironwarrer said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAW! your anger is exciting....

Why would I be angry? I actually found that comment quite amusing.

heheheeheh just kidding, it was more a sarcasm xD

Enjoy buddy... enjoy

Oct 15, 2017 3:02 PM

Aug 2015
Well, that Nyanpasu came out of nowhere.
I wonder how many references they're going to try and cram into this show.
Oct 15, 2017 3:05 PM

Sep 2015
Myaaa-san best girl!!
Oct 15, 2017 3:51 PM

Jul 2009
Anovry__ said:
Coldbid said:

well the first episode did introduce him as itsukis step brother. I guess the final few seconds of ep 2 was made to clarify that he is actually a she.
its just kinda like my intuition. But seriously i thought it was really obvious, right?

Wait what. Now i'm confused. First i thought Chihiro was a she, then "she" was introduced as a little brother so i assumed he was a trap. But now it turns out he is actually is a she? Then why does Itsuki keep wishing for a little sister? Does he not know he is a she????
Oct 15, 2017 3:58 PM

Jun 2017
Inugirlz said:
Anovry__ said:
its just kinda like my intuition. But seriously i thought it was really obvious, right?

Wait what. Now i'm confused. First i thought Chihiro was a she, then "she" was introduced as a little brother so i assumed he was a trap. But now it turns out he is actually is a she? Then why does Itsuki keep wishing for a little sister? Does he not know he is a she????

Itsuki doesn't know it. Chihiro's reaction confirms it when Itsuki talks about knowing that he has a little sister (then it turns out he says it's inside his heart, lmao).
Oct 15, 2017 4:27 PM

Jan 2017
The beginning of this episode... hilarious. Tops the first one even. I actually like how everything in this show is so overboard while making sense at the same time.

Kani is my number one contender not only for girl of the season. But I guess she's that type of girl no man would want for a serious relationship...
Oct 15, 2017 4:27 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Still not seeing what this show is about beyond a guy who's a perv for little sisters and a girl who's a walking sex joke. Hopefully it ends up being more entertaining in the next couple of eps.
Oct 15, 2017 4:30 PM

Jan 2017
AntwanMantilla said:
Still not seeing what this show is about beyond a guy who's a perv for little sisters and a girl who's a walking sex joke. Hopefully it ends up being more entertaining in the next couple of eps.

So far I think it's about love, or being loved by your audience, by a truly caring person, by yourself ... and imouto. It's got the bad set up of plot like Eromanga which got lost in the middle of the season, but didn't do so yet. If it keeps to the premise it'll be a decent one.
Oct 15, 2017 5:58 PM

Feb 2013
Wow that mirror scene LMAO.
That stripping/fondle scene :-O

This anime has it all.
Oct 15, 2017 6:40 PM
Dec 2015
Thank go they got rid of those awful stamps. Is it bad that I wanted Chihiro to be a guy? I mean it got rid of part of the little sister aspect, and the mc is always so creepy about it...

Oct 15, 2017 7:17 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Anovry__ said:
Tokoya said:
This episode wasn't as funny as the first but it was still equally as good given that we got to see the backstories of our mains with the slight exception of Nayu whose background is still shrouded in a bit of mystery

I liked the relationship that the MC has Miyako a lot though, their interactions and conversations were pretty amusing and the same can be said with her and Nayu too (I'm not gonna lie, her writing naked is 10/10 and Miyako joining in made it 20/10)

But uhhhhhhhhhh, that post credits scene tho =/ Don't tell me that the step sibling really is a girl.......
wait i thought it was quite obvious from the beginning. you really thought that chihiro is a dude?
I thought it was another trap tbh
Oct 15, 2017 7:37 PM

Nov 2011
I mean Jesus if they would have cut out the first 30 seconds of episode one or just rearranged somethings this show probably wouldn't have been hit with such negative feedback.

But honestly it's going in the right direction for being a good anime, like I can deal with the MC being a piece of shit, but even he see's his faults when it comes to being social and when it comes to writing.

But then you look at these other characters as well and holy shit you just wonder about their past and what they plan on doing to better themselves as well

Like even this fan service in episode 2 was done well. It was there but it wasnt over the top and references are actually important for writers!

When two of the best girls are naked on the screen at the same time...
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 15, 2017 8:19 PM

Jun 2013
some backstory and fan service
Oct 15, 2017 8:26 PM

Dec 2015
This anime is obviously my favorite non-sequel anime this season, when I watch this anime, I feel like I'm watching a youtube video like Game Grumps or Vanoss, the characters in this anime, like in Love Live, have a unique chemistry and layers to them that makes you want to watch more and more
hi
Oct 15, 2017 8:28 PM

Dec 2015
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
I wish this anime went back to being a full comedy, because the drama suuucks.

Her backstory is she was bullied...really? I expected something actually serious, like loss of a family member, shitty grades.

Why do we have to wait until the end of the anime for them to solve their stupid romantic problem? Why can't it be solved now, get it over with?

What's the plot?

not to be rude, but I feel like you're one of those kids who say that you have an IQ of a billion because you watched rick and morty
hi
Oct 15, 2017 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
Struck a nice balance between comedy and drama this episode. Will all depend on how much progress there actually is.
It's kind of off-putting to me that the word 'gay' had to be censored, or at least according to the subtitles. That shouldn't be the case.
Oct 15, 2017 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
Drock34000 said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
I wish this anime went back to being a full comedy, because the drama suuucks.

Her backstory is she was bullied...really? I expected something actually serious, like loss of a family member, shitty grades.

Why do we have to wait until the end of the anime for them to solve their stupid romantic problem? Why can't it be solved now, get it over with?

What's the plot?

not to be rude, but I feel like you're one of those kids who say that you have an IQ of a billion because you watched rick and morty

What the heck does "IQ" or Rick and Morty have anything to do with my comment?
All I said is that the drama sucks, and the anime's best when it's a comedy.
Oct 15, 2017 8:56 PM

Apr 2012
This shows estimated animation budget.
70% the stripping scene
30% the rest of the show.

To the ones that droped it on the 1st ep. saying it will be the usual crap, please reconsider. I have a feeling that this is going to be a feels trip, heck it might even be a feels journey.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Oct 15, 2017 8:57 PM

Jul 2015
The worst first impression possible is more like it. They tackled quite a lot of backstory between the characters pretty early on, and it was a bit dark in some bits, surprisingly so... also this anime is lewd and I would now much prefer this anime just be a yuri anime with the guys as just side characters... but at least this anime is better than I thought it would be, not as good as I hoped though.

And on an additional note, I also have a little sister myself... and the way that light-brown haired dude described his little sister is spot on.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 15, 2017 9:10 PM

Dec 2015
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
Drock34000 said:

hi
Oct 15, 2017 9:12 PM
May 2017
Ok, I don't get it. Chihiro seems to be Itsuki's sister but still he doesn't get all touchy and clingy and obsessed over her. He acts normal, and kinda ignores her. Why?!
Oct 15, 2017 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
Drock34000 said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

Except the joke makes absolutely no sense.
Oct 16, 2017 12:02 AM
Apr 2017
TrulyAjinkya said:
Ok, I don't get it. Chihiro seems to be Itsuki's sister but still he doesn't get all touchy and clingy and obsessed over her. He acts normal, and kinda ignores her. Why?!

Chihiro is introduced as his brother, despite looking feminine. So that's why he ignores him. Obviously the bath scene at the end of this episode shows Chihiro with possibly boobs. So there's more to the story about Chihiro being a boy or a girl.
Oct 16, 2017 12:04 AM
May 2017
ksdl said:
TrulyAjinkya said:

Chihiro is introduced as his brother, despite looking feminine. So that's why he ignores him. Obviously the bath scene at the end of this episode shows Chihiro with possibly boobs. So there's more to the story about Chihiro being a boy or a girl.

Do does Itsuki know that he has a sister?
Oct 16, 2017 12:59 AM

Mar 2015
There's so much obvious forced in fanservice mixed in but the delivery of how the story progresses just seems to be so fascinating to me. The whole present to past to present, switching it up back and forth and seeing then seeing the changes/motivations from then to now. They also toned down the trying hard to make it a 4-koma comedy by removing the stamps when it obviously wasn't working out the 1st ep so there's that improvement.

I like this anime, it isn't about writing, but more so of characters with their own quirks and wanting something they lack but the others have and how they cope with them. Itsuki wants lil sister that Haruto has, Haruto wants Itsuki's fame/writing ability, Nayuta wants the D and Miyako just wants something to be enthusiastic about, something she could pour her time and effort into and enjoy it. IMO the anime's presentation of each of those desires and transitions from past to present was just perfect and complimented on improving each scene.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2017 1:05 AM
Aug 2016
a deep series, if i could say. i bet there are many "treasure" inside this pile of scene with fan service surface. i would say it would be 8/10 if they keep the goodness in their episodes, or maybe improve it a bit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2017 3:06 AM

Nov 2007
MC is a total idiot and jerk. There is nothing likeable in this character from my point of view. Still, he is somehow the connection point for the rest of crew.

I think we all knew down deep in our hearts that younger brother is imouto. Not very surprising.
DodeDagon said:
I like this anime, it isn't about writing, but more so of characters with their own quirks and wanting something they lack but the others have and how they cope with them. Itsuki wants lil sister that Haruto has, Haruto wants Itsuki's fame/writing ability, Nayuta wants the D and Miyako just wants something to be enthusiastic about, something she could pour her time and effort into and enjoy it. IMO the anime's presentation of each of those desires and transitions from past to present was just perfect and complimented on improving each scene.
Agreed. However the motivation of Itsuki and Nayuta is just poor. OK, I can understand the girl as the D is within her reach. But Itsuki is just stupid and immature, he is supposed to be an adult now. I like how Horuto actually works on his goal. I can also understand Miyako. She is an university student and still has not defined herself. I know it is not the nicest feeling.

It's good we got some insights into characters, I believe it can make next episodes interesting.

I didn't elike ecchi scenes.
agilityredfox said:
i pretty much only like how the characters are dressed for winter.
Yes, for some reason it dragged my attention too.
Overall, 3/5.
Oct 16, 2017 3:34 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
This show got pretty much everything I was looking for lol, except for monstergirls I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 16, 2017 6:34 AM

May 2012
2nd episode is much better than 1st episode

A cute adult girl that like to be naked and touch other girls boobs

A cute little brother that looks like girl in shower (after the credits). Why MC need little sister when his little brother look like one

A lot more ecchie/fanserice that I expected. I will continue watching it !!
Oct 16, 2017 7:07 AM

Apr 2013
Well I mostly all smiles this episode. The character interactions were funny and it just put a smile on my face when I wasn't already laughing.
Miyako is a really fun character to tease.

Oct 16, 2017 8:17 AM

Jan 2008
I wonder why Itsuki is obsessed with little sisters and why Chihiro dresses as a guy? Is it that Chihiro knows of Itsuki's obsession and so she's scared for her chastity?

I didn't expect to care for any of the characters in the show but Miyako is really interesting and I find her more likable than Nayuta. I kind of want Itsuki to notice her but I know it won't be happening. Nayuta has a better chance than her. Also, Itsuki seems to care for Nayuta even if he doesn't show it. I doubt Chihiro is a potential love interest since her role doesn't seem to be that big or important as of now but let's see.
Oct 16, 2017 8:18 AM
Sep 2017
I really think that this anime is underrated.
Despite the fan services and some crazy siscon stuff, the message conveyed by this series really worths thinking deeply.

For me, it's a series about the power of human changing other’s lives,as well as the fact that people always long for other’s traits or privileges, while the holders simply don't give a shit,leading to sentiments of envy as well as struggle inside one’s hearts(as reflected by the end of the episode).

This series is the 10th anniversary celebration work of gagaga bunko, my favorite bunko , which published many fascinating series like Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita and Yahari, and therefore it's quality proven, so I think that we can watch this series with a Yahari mood.
Oct 16, 2017 9:26 AM
Jun 2016
Its said in the synopsis that chihiro is his "perfect little sister"... If the story goes on like them not realizing chihiro is a girl this is gonna be a huge tease lol

Also this is prolly onna have a deep plot like oregairu with comedy here and there
Oct 16, 2017 9:30 AM
May 2011
It's actually frustrating to me... There is something there, with this polygon of envy between the characters, and the meta awareness of light novels and actively knowing them being garbage/products and such... But at the same time it keeps throwing the same kind of bullshit that where mocked in the intro of the first episode, like: "I can't do anything that doesn't involve fanservice!" or "Imoutoimoutoimoutoimoutoimoutoimoutoimouto" or "I-it's not like I like him or anything...

being aware of the problem.... AND STILL ACTIVELY DOING IT... doesn't really make it better.
Man the MC just has to suck ass to
Oct 16, 2017 9:33 AM

Apr 2015
NYANPASU!!
this episode is better than the previous 1...
a bit slow but really nice...
really love the ED...

wait, is Chihiro guy or girl?? lol
i think she/he hide her gender from her/his brother... lol

they said every school girls love d*cks, now every college girls love d*cks too... damn
Oct 16, 2017 9:33 AM

Apr 2015
Everything is ok, pretty good except for the small issue which is that the MC is extremely unlikeable. Never liked shows like that, so I'd rather put myself out of misery.

Feels like when I dropped Saekano for me, except this doesn't have Katou=no looking back
Oct 16, 2017 2:25 PM

Feb 2008
They say common sense isn't entirely common, but really...

I liked the titbits of the characters' pasts. However, the way the plot is unfolding irks me, for some reason or another. Not the various aspects of the story, rather how and when they are presented. I wish they had given a deeper insight into the foregone.

I still like the events so far.
Oct 16, 2017 2:43 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Miya is growing on me.. as did something else...

that undressing scene gave me quite the boner..

Led_Wayline said:

I liked the titbits of the characters' pasts.

those aren't the "tit bits" that i liked ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
EcchiGodMamsterOct 16, 2017 2:52 PM
Oct 16, 2017 3:11 PM

Dec 2016
Is it just me or does this show seem to be heading in the same direction as Girlish Number? I don't mean that in a bad way though. More like funny in the beginning and then slowly turning into a more serious show about human relations?
Oct 16, 2017 3:37 PM

May 2015
This episode had the right amount of balance in backstories and fanservice, lmao.

Oct 16, 2017 3:48 PM

Mar 2012
I love how they concluded the episode with some deep thought. Feels like this anime is well underrated because of the "yet another siscon fanservice anime" prelude.
Oct 16, 2017 4:22 PM

Mar 2015
Crispmj said:
Agreed. However the motivation of Itsuki and Nayuta is just poor.
Agreed on Itsuki but on Nayuta, idk, from what I heard she had some pretty intense bullying when she was young so pretty much anything that can cheer up would be a miracle for her.
Crispmj said:
I can also understand Miyako. She is an university student and still has not defined herself. I know it is not the nicest feeling.
THIS. I agree so much. This is probably the most relatable situation and I'm honestly surprised on how they made the extra filler character from ep 1 into a likable and relatable character in ep 2.

Crispmj said:
It's good we got some insights into characters, I believe it can make next episodes interesting.
Yeah, it's pretty much what's making this anime fun to watch.
Oct 16, 2017 10:41 PM
Apr 2013
EroKing_AS said:
Been a while since I made a gif.

I was so impressed with how much effort they went to with this scene. It would have been so easy -and standard- to just cheapskate it with a few boring frames.
Oct 16, 2017 11:26 PM

Aug 2017
Well, they started slow with the first episode going nowhere, but at least they have some ideas now (like how they desire something someone else has, and some little things about the life of a writer and finding something to be enthusiastic about). I hope they develop those ideas, instead of not talking about them ever again.

To be honest, I was content with the idea of him having a little brother instead of an Imouto, it seems like it would be an interesting relationship (how an imouto lover interacts with his feminine little brother) I was hoping they would choose not to go with the usual Imouto/Oni-chan romance, but this being a RomCom it now seems inevitable. Its still pretty early so I might be wrong, or maybe they can manage to make it bearable.

Oct 16, 2017 11:34 PM
Apr 2017
This episode is surprisingly better. It go in depth, talked some philosophy, back stories, purpose, unknown.
Way better than the 1st episode, rated up
Oct 16, 2017 11:43 PM
Apr 2017
EroKing_AS said:
Been a while since I made a gif.

Thanks dude lol
I was looking for it
Oct 17, 2017 6:16 AM

Sep 2016
well apart from the annoyingly upbeat and stupid slapstick music they play in these scenes (exactly how eromanga did it) im actually really enjoying this show.
it seems honest and human enough for the characters and themes to work for me.
of course most of the humor is centered around sexual topics and theres plenty of fanservice but at least all those characters are adults and it doesnt feel voyoristic like it did in eromanga.
theres actually some heart put into this which comes through in a couple of scenes in this episode alone which is the strongest point for me.
will it be a masterpiece or on top of the season? certainly not but im probably gonna enjoy my time with this.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Oct 17, 2017 8:43 AM

Dec 2009
I LOVE Nayuta's sexual forthrightness, it's so charming.

❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 17, 2017 9:43 AM

Oct 2008
What a delusional imouto obsessed MC!
lol nyanpasu from renge!
3/5.

Oct 17, 2017 12:11 PM

Nov 2008
I'm surprised by this show so far. It might not be fantastic, but it's way better than something with that title has any right to be.

It helps that the siscon protag doesn't actually have a sister.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2017

86 by mrpizza2 »»
Sep 30, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2017

112 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 25, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

106 by _Udara »»
Aug 9, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2017

114 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jun 16, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Imouto sae Ireba Ii. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2017

167 by Prinzwil »»
May 26, 2:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.