Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 26, 2021 12:00 AM

Dec 2018
Only Komi's mom that talks a lot, wonder how Komi younger brother actual personalities.
Tadano didn't read what Komi wrote at the sand before she erased them? that's bad... Sound like Komi has a feeling toward him.. And that Komi grandmother with the PS5 scene xD

Nov 26, 2021 4:50 AM
Mar 2014
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
arsfugal said:
So some of family members have communication disorder but it's okay, they don't care as long you are good looking and healthy, 8eps with slow progress, i thought that cellphone moments was the starting line, but idk, why people love this anime so much?, of course illogical things is interesting but not at this level. Final score maybe 4/10

Bro, you give 10 or 9 for literally any mediocre/average thing you watch, you're not the right person to ask why people enjoy such a good anime like this one kkkk
of course we have different preferences, but i always gave a score based on the story progress, i don't care about cuteness or adorable characters, like i said we have some progress with cellphone moments but next eps are jus flat, i just wanna see komi-san trying her best to solves her problem, but i think we need to wait for really really long time because everyone accepted her situation because she is cute lol...
Nov 26, 2021 3:03 PM

Oct 2020
Summer festival with Komi, good fun! Lots of festival activities, and Komi seems to be sublime at every one of them. We got to see Tadano's sister in this episode. Well, summer is finally over.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2021 4:08 PM

Jun 2021
10/10 this episode

Komi fell in love with Tadano <3
Nov 26, 2021 6:36 PM

Nov 2020
Damn those great jojo references and such, my goodness <:O
Plus the "This is my first time i don't wanna end this summer" part AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH
BedroQuendoNov 26, 2021 7:09 PM
Nov 26, 2021 7:15 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Komi's family while travelling: completely normal.
Komi's bigger family while gathering: Ah, right, its normal.
I wonder what kind of lecture Komi's father got by looking at Komi's grandma. Though, i like their talking, straightly went to the boy. Poor Tadano....
Poor the ancestor-sama too, tho, by getting that kind of communication with the cutie descendant xd.

Back to the summer theme, a festival. Najimi really love gambling, unexpectedly. Tadano worried about that being future. Then, Komi won Dhoni Play Store 5! Poor old woman. Can't stop laughing when Nakanaka appeared and her spell worked out to just betray herself hardly, kek, at least she got something there. Surprisingly too i got to witness Komi said a full words. Lucky Tadano, and the moment of cuteness for Komi wasn't end when she wrote that line on the ground. Too bad Tadano wasn't lucky to witness that last good moment.

Well, looks like the summer break for Komi and the gang already over, with, such a classic finisher, tried to finish the homework at your friend's home. You don't want it to over? Maybe you both can ask that to Haruhi xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 26, 2021 9:02 PM

Jul 2021
Yay Komi-san's family time!! Her family is so chill + I like how Komi-san is just wearing the same clothing that Tadano bought :0. Lol Komi's mother and the Aunt interaction is cute while the uncle and father is the contrary of getting along it seems 0_0 Ah yes Aunt I agree whenever Komi san nods or even shakes, she's cute as heck :3 Akira is literally me when I haven't met with my cousin for such a long time and I like how both Komi and her cousin were just screaming at each other, their interaction is so cute I can't xD Woah the grandmother looks really nice but her personality really just twisted after asking Komi the boy she likes :0

The festival arc bois!! Komi-san looks so beautiful with her yukata and holy moly Najimi bought so many friends :O Lolol Komi-san's imitating stare always gets me xD and omg the animation and art here looks so beautiful, Komi-san looks beautiful holding her guns which unexpectedly Yadano appeared just out of nowhere :O! You know it's funny Yadano is just being the MC while she just lost against Komi-san everytime they played a match against each other xD, I honestly want to try candy cutting but but Najimi aggressively cutting the candy is hilarious and Komi-san just goes T-T-T-T-T-T-Te ni-ni-ni-ni-ni xDThe moments between Tadano and Komi-san felt like some love confession and yes another Komi-san being able to say a full sentence wooh! The rope game looks so fun and I can't believe Komi-san is hacking like she literally got a full set PS4 and poor grandma.. she looks stone cold :( LOOL Najimi being protective of Komi-san while Yamai is about to feed her the grilled sausage is so hilarious. Okay I gotta admit that after what the grandma said previously, it seems that Komi-san has fallen in love with Tadano :0

Ah yes Komi-san going to Tadano’s house for the first time? Interesting, also how did Yamai just come out of nowhere bruh. Lol Najimi getting mad at Tadano is really hilarious and Yamai’s personality still kills me but I’m gradually getting used to it ;-;. I swear will Komi-san ever change her dress, just wondering though she still looks great :3 Also I can relate to Komi-san, I just want summer to stay forever because busy school life is crucial, fun is more appealing!

Looking forward to the next episode!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 27, 2021 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
Not much happened in this episode but it's good see everyone having fun together.
4/5, epsiode was really full of embarrassing moments!!
Nov 27, 2021 7:54 AM

Jun 2021
I really liked this episode.

It must be nice for Komi-san not to be the only one in her family who feels comfortable with silence! Also, summer festivals always have a special, wholesome vibe to them and this one was not an exception.

It's cute that none of them wanted summer holidays to end because of how much fun they were having together. Anyway, I can't wait to see what kind of new situations take place when they go back to school.
Nov 27, 2021 2:31 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The scenes with her little cousin are great xD and it's nice overall to see Komi with her family, of course since it's summer holidays they had to go to a summer festival and do the basic activities but in a really fun way thanks to the characters... Najimi didn't do his/her homework, I'm not surprised, RIP ahahaha
Nov 27, 2021 3:23 PM
Jan 2021
lol that granny got proven when it comes to komi-san and her magic.
Nov 28, 2021 2:52 PM

Mar 2010
That pink haired trap can have my sausage.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 30, 2021 10:26 AM

Apr 2020
squid game referenc omg

β”Œβ”€βˆβ‡βˆβ”€β”

β””β”€βˆβ‡βˆβ”€β”˜

Nov 30, 2021 1:35 PM

Dec 2016
Great episode! Komi looked very gorgeous in a yukata <3

Najimi would already be dead if he were in Squid Game >.> Najimi is very unlucky at playing games it seems ^^;
Nov 30, 2021 2:13 PM

Nov 2019
There is only one and single fact that the first one is a single-episode masterpiece OVA about the beauty of friendship. There has been nothing, afterwards, which has further validated the brilliance of such Official Video Anime.
SgtBateManNov 30, 2021 2:27 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 30, 2021 4:05 PM

Mar 2018
yo straight up komi san is my favourite thing this season. I mean it was already in the comfy squad but im officially putting it in there with yuru camp

this ep was cute and at the festival i thought tadano was gonna win the a prize and give it to komi san to further the tension between them two the scene with the old woman at the end when komi won was so good the comedy in this show is spot on lol

komis whole family looks cool tbf and i want to see an episode about HER BROTHER

and we see more of hitohitos lil sister even just doing their homework was wholesome and comfy
Dec 1, 2021 1:01 AM

Jul 2019
Nice "summary of summer" episode pronouncedly ending with plaintive Shouko eyes because she was really touched and tempered by these sweet sunny days. Too bad that Tadano still can't believe he can go hand in hand alongside her with something more than a friendship. I hope his imouto that is smart beyond her years will give him some advice on that.
Dec 4, 2021 7:49 AM

Dec 2016
It's funny how none of the kids took after their mother XD

Komi-san is slowly trying to open up to Tadano. It gave me goosebumps when she spoke.

What the heck kinda play was Yamai trying to do with Komi-san with those sausage and banana XD

Looks like Komi-san is slowly starting to fall for Tadano, her reactions are so adorable.
Dec 6, 2021 11:00 AM

Mar 2016
More classic summer-related activities... From the nice day at the waterpark, the peaceful night during the festival all the way to the bothersome, yet enjoyable day in which they sat together, doing their homework. That's a full summer holiday package right there, almost. Nevertheless, it's such a joy to watch these past two eps, not that it wasn't so ever since the first ep. An yet, as someone who has read the manga, I felt pretty sad about the fact that there are just so many chapters being adapted into every ep, it makes for one continuous flow of events, but in doing so, it's unavoidable that there are at least a few panels missing, or even an entire sequence of events.

Still, if there's one good thing about this fast pacing, it's that by the end of this first season, if there ever will be a second season, we'll finally get to what one might say... The real content. It'd make S1 more of an introduction to the characters and their relationship before delving further.

I swear it was a PS4 in the manga instead of a PS5!
Dec 6, 2021 11:48 PM

Mar 2016
Really glad Najimi got Tadano to wear a yukata for the festival, so he didn't play out his name and be like every other male protaganist to just go in shorts and t-shirt while the main girl actually makes an effort.Was really nice to have some Tadano/Komi scenes during the festival while Najimi went around with his 'army'.

Yamai though. Why the fudge did she have to turn up?! Really overstepping even with Komi with that weirdly perverted attempt to have Komi eat a sausage whille knelt down (thank you Najimi for stepping in there!), and then straight up home invading Tadano's place. Oh Hitomi...if only you realised that 'pretty girl' straight up kidnapped your brother and was planning on dumping him in the mountains several episodes ago :|
Dec 8, 2021 5:42 PM

Dec 2020
LMFAO i loved that family trip in a car scene, the mom basically just talking and rambling to herself

festival was reaally cute too, the part where they were playing that random luck game witu the grandma was hilarious
Dec 9, 2021 8:09 AM
Aug 2021
Summer break end. This may be regarded as a check point.

So far it felt like ep1,2 are still the best, but the way it is now is already amazing.
The experience between reading the manga and watching the anime is definitely different,
with the voice acting and background music present or with the colored visuals.
Dec 9, 2021 9:37 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Komi in a yukata. Ultimate form unlocked.

The little sister is not a bad addition to the cast. That's if she stays on of course.
FarabeufDec 9, 2021 10:04 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 10, 2021 12:04 AM

Oct 2008
Very nice we got to see the rest of the family of Komi!
of course Festival episode is here!!!
OMG! how many people does Najimi know in contact with!?!?
Najimi is really the dimension breaker when it comes too quiet/awkward situations!
5/5.

Dec 10, 2021 11:15 PM

Oct 2016
Ey yo, Yamai needs to chill with the thirst. Fucking sausage and chocolate banana lmao.

Dec 11, 2021 4:42 AM

Feb 2013
Whenever Komi admits her feelings whether to her new friend(s) or alone with Tadano it's what makes this series great and gives me the wholesome smiles

I'm going to be the Wizard Hokage of the Pirates!!!!
Dec 12, 2021 9:52 AM

May 2015
Damn, Komi looks good... and she is falling for Tadano,
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 14, 2021 6:19 AM

Mar 2021
Weird family grandma seems nice. If it wasn’t for Najimi then Tadano and Komi wouldn’t have had half as many interactions I wonder if she knows. Komi would have survived squid game it seems. Eat my frankfurter Najimi please ^^ I’m glad Komi enjoyed her summer decent episode I’m glad there not just adding a friend every episode.
Dec 15, 2021 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
Impressive how Yamai ruins absolutely any moment when she shows up
Dec 17, 2021 1:50 AM
Apr 2021
komi looks so good ahhhh
Potato's Rock<3
Dec 18, 2021 6:37 AM

Apr 2020
Now for everyone who's saying it, no Komi-san did not jack off the Squid Game because of that Dalgona game, to be honest the Komi staff might be surprised that SG has it. Anyways, what's the rest of the episode? Umm, great.

So Shouko and her family visited the cemetery and her grandma's home. I guess her father's part of the family is full of quiet souls, leaving her mum the only "normal" one. Time with Akira is great as well, the time with cousins sure are great in the vacation, oh wait.

Of course, no SoL anime is short of a festival scene. Komi saying Tadano's suit is good made our boy fluster hard....and just in time for the fireworks, of course the fireworks...it still haunts me just how many romantic scenes it broke, okay?. Also the part where the Granny shows off panic to Tadano reminds me of the Nisekoi scene when Raku and Kosaki are playing cards, fun reference there. At this point, Komi is just one conversation from confessing to Tadano. And fun props for Yamai to bring out an innuendo at this point in the anime, like seriously making Komi crouch and put out a sausage in front of her is...um just put it in a douj-

The last scene hit me though with Komi crying as she's having a good time with her friends at the last day of vacation. It hit me personally because I did not have that experience so far in my life, and it's painful to imagine that joy in my mind. This honestly makes me want to put her in my favorites list.
Dec 18, 2021 10:13 PM

Jun 2019
Everything was so good, especially the summer soundtrack (Reference mixes of Your lie in April + Fruits basket :Ooo).
lettuce<3
Dec 25, 2021 10:48 AM
Nov 2021
This is the first time Komi started expressing her feelings for Tadano
Dec 27, 2021 10:45 PM
Sep 2019
Why tf does Yamai have to show up to every gathering. Such an annoying character.
Dec 30, 2021 1:17 PM

Nov 2013
lol yamai is not even that annoying :D

another great episode, specially liked the yukata part and when Komi managed to speak
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 31, 2021 7:15 PM
May 2020
Summer has come to an end. It was fun while it lasted
Jan 1, 2022 1:37 AM

May 2016
Komi looking elegant with her Yukata, also enjoyed the little bit of Romance.
Jan 3, 2022 1:11 AM

Aug 2018
The summer festival.
Very good, Komi-san in the yukata looked gorgeous <3!
PS: Najimi in this episode hahaha xD
Jan 3, 2022 8:25 AM

Jun 2021
At first i wasn't interested in meeting more Komi family members, but this bit abruptly ended soon, just in time for me thinking: "well, at least this time Yamai isn't showing up, well, we're halfway in, there is a summer festival, good, Komi's wonderful in a yukata as obvious, oh no... there she is, damn."

A PS5 sold at a carnival game looks a more possible purchase than what should be more contentional methods, coming from me that i'm not interested in it even if i bought and keep all the previous four still plugged and working in my bedroom. Nice cameos by Yadano and Nakanaka. Komi with her message in the sand and her final comments at the reunion at Tadano's place is too pure for the world. Also, i laughed at Najimi procrastination skills because i know the feeling way too well from junior high and high school memories from late 90's / early 2000's.

Well, looks like the summer break for Komi and the gang already over, with, such a classic finisher, tried to finish the homework at your friend's home. You don't want it to over? Maybe you both can ask that to Haruhi xd.

lol (*looking immediately after at my Suzumiya plush standing at my right)
Jan 4, 2022 1:20 PM

Jan 2017
Another sugar candy trace game. Quite a coincidence since both are Netflix shows...
Jan 8, 2022 7:03 AM
Jul 2021
some scenes from the manga were omitted but all in all the episode was great
Jan 13, 2022 7:04 PM

Jan 2019
I took a break and forgot Nakanaka existed... whoops.

The Komi family is fascinating... makes you wonder how they function.
Jan 25, 2022 6:47 AM
Jan 2022
Finally recognised that Najimi is a boy XD. Great episode though, specially komi san in her yukata was gorgeous.
Jan 27, 2022 12:20 AM
Jul 2018
Like I said in the last forum, it's kinda hard to watch Komi struggling to interact with her extended family AND immediate family. IRL this would be a pretty serious issue. I mean, I know all-too-well how awkward it can be around cousins you haven't seen in a while. I can actually seriously relate to Komi when it comes to feeling bashful and asocial around aunts and grandparents. But not even being able to speak in their midst is pretty crazy. And I'm not chastising the show. I get that it's a wacky exaggerated anime. I'm just thinking aloud.

Unrelated -- I don't usually audibly laugh during anime, let alone cheesier ones like this. But the pink haired chick Yadano Makeru coming out of nowhere was pretty hilarious. Love how she talks to the audience.
Feb 14, 2022 9:23 PM

Jul 2019
Yamai is wild, crouch and sausage lmao
Mar 14, 2022 10:18 AM

Jan 2022
I love the parts of Komi's family, festival bit was cute too

The parts with Yadano and Nakanaka were funny too
Apr 10, 2022 6:06 PM
Mar 2019
Tadano is pretty boring company.
Still like Yadano Makeru's appearances.
May 25, 2022 7:20 PM

Mar 2016
Fantastic episode, especially as it went along. Gotta love how Najimi is slowly trying to bring the two closer together, he knows exactly what's going on.

More of the Komi family is definitely interesting to see; a very hard line between introverts and extroverts it appears. Her brother has only been seen, but I'm surprised that he really hasn't said or done anything yet, and I can't help but feel he's going to have a big role.

Yamai and her normie bunch continue to intrude and there's going to be a commotion soon, mark my words. She did surprisingly get along with Tadano's little sister though, who was pretty likable. She definitely couldn't believe HE of all people could bring home such a bunch of women, haha.

The sudden appearance of rival girl was always funny, but man, Komi wants to confess to Tadano so bad, it's eating her up inside. She's also now always wearing that single dress he picked out for her. That's the cutest thing ever. And he's way too meek to ever do it first, because it'd make her uncomfortable in his mind, so she kinda HAS to first herself. You can do it. :D

ShadowkillZ_ said:

I swear it was a PS4 in the manga instead of a PS5!

They updated it with the times; not that hard to understand.
CrimsonCWMay 25, 2022 7:34 PM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
May 26, 2022 5:29 PM

Mar 2016
CrimsonCW said:

They updated it with the times; not that hard to understand.

Well obviously. I'm just pointing that out... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2021

97 by Azurosa »»
Jun 19, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Oct 6, 2021

363 by FlexDaddy24 »»
Jun 13, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2021

175 by tinykoo7 »»
May 22, 6:18 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2021

115 by JVskunkape »»
May 20, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2021

90 by JVskunkape »»
May 20, 5:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.