Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 10, 2020 6:53 AM

Mar 2019
SparkleDuck said:
Is the terribly low score just because of people being mad about how bad GoH and ToG were? This first episode was extremely well paced and continued off the OVA nicely. Felt like a really good opener so it's honestly baffling to me it has a lower score than almost any of the other shows that started this season... Which is funny because this episode was much, much better than half the other openers this season.

It has a low score because this episode was weak, nothing happened, and it didn't feel like a pilot episode.
To me this felt like a filler episode, not the first episode, which is, in my opinion, the most important episode in any series.
After all, it is from a webtoon, so there's that to consider as well.
Oct 10, 2020 8:27 AM

Dec 2019
Clubby said:
SparkleDuck said:
Is the terribly low score just because of people being mad about how bad GoH and ToG were? This first episode was extremely well paced and continued off the OVA nicely. Felt like a really good opener so it's honestly baffling to me it has a lower score than almost any of the other shows that started this season... Which is funny because this episode was much, much better than half the other openers this season.

It has a low score because this episode was weak, nothing happened, and it didn't feel like a pilot episode.
To me this felt like a filler episode, not the first episode, which is, in my opinion, the most important episode in any series.

Didn't you guys watch Noblesse Awakening first? that's the "first" episode for me
Ḻ͖͚̤̥͂ͪͩ̽ͅo͖̺̒̉r̰̝ͣͤ̌̉̃̀d ͈̹̠͎͙̗ͪ̄͆ͪ̈̃̀R̩͌͂͑ͦi͔̯̱̣̹̜̲x͕̮̞̮̪̒͆̈́u̜̦͔͈̮͕͈͐̇̔̒̐el̰̖̦͒͛

Discord qhCsvqT

Make English people read this: Ohio go say mass
Oct 10, 2020 8:35 AM

Mar 2019
Rixuel said:
Clubby said:

Didn't you guys watch Noblesse Awakening first? that's the "first" episode for me

I'm not sitting through 40 minutes of a prequel to watch a below average webtoon adaptation lmao
Oct 10, 2020 9:51 AM
Nov 2017
This is why I didn't trus mal rating this site id full of bullshit and elitist...
Oct 10, 2020 10:12 AM
Aug 2020
juliankc said:
This is why I didn't trus mal rating this site id full of bullshit and elitist...

That’s every anime review site 🤨
Oct 10, 2020 10:53 AM

Dec 2016
Good thing I watched Awakening before watching this, or else everything would have been so damn boring and confusing.

Why did they change Shinwoo's VA? Hatanaka Tasuku was doing really good...since I watched it right after watching Awakening, it felt weird hearing Shinwoo speaking in a different voice...

Really like the OP by Jaejoong, it's much better than the ED he did for Runway de Waratte.

The ED is good too, gonna take some time to get used to it cause it doesn't really give off anime vibes.
Oct 10, 2020 4:14 PM

Mar 2012
Clubby said:
SparkleDuck said:

did you watch the OVA? This is the beginning of the second arc - the OVA adapted arc 1. Since this episode is in the slow transatory period of those 2 arcs in the webtoon, a slow episode was sort of expected.
Oct 10, 2020 4:22 PM

Mar 2019
SparkleDuck said:
Clubby said:

did you watch the OVA? This is the beginning of the second arc - the OVA adapted arc 1. Since this episode is in the slow transatory period of those 2 arcs in the webtoon, a slow episode was sort of expected.

A filler episode to start off the season. Great.
Oct 10, 2020 4:42 PM
Sep 2016
Clubby said:
Rixuel said:

I'm not sitting through 40 minutes of a prequel to watch a below average webtoon adaptation lmao

OK. As someone who dropped this, you're just being willfully ignorant now. Like..there's no way you're being unironic cause..Skipping the start of the story then complaining about how the first episode of a sequel isn't the start of the story makes your point seem...very lacking in the intelligence (and common sense) department... No offence. Just embarrassed.
JudoJDOct 10, 2020 4:55 PM
1.1.Six
Oct 10, 2020 6:55 PM

Jul 2013
Decent start for Noblesse. Even if not to much happened we got informations and explanations about certain things and it doesn't feel to rushed. These were the 2 things I was scared about the most.

I know it's just the first episode, but I hope it stays like this and doesn't turn into ToG or TGoH.

I'm not sure what to think about the the OP. Visuals look fine but for me it feels like they could have chosen a better song for it.

Let's see if we get more action in the next episode.

Oct 10, 2020 10:30 PM

Oct 2018
JudoJD said:
Clubby said:

OK. As someone who dropped this, you're just being willfully ignorant now. Like..there's no way you're being unironic cause..Skipping the start of the story then complaining about how the first episode of a sequel isn't the start of the story makes your point seem...very lacking in the intelligence (and common sense) department... No offence. Just embarrassed.

+1 this

that doesn't make any sense at all.
kinda expected tbh from bunch of MAL weebs who is easy to get influenced.
custardloafOct 10, 2020 10:35 PM
Oct 11, 2020 2:35 AM

Mar 2009
What, this was an amazing start (if you watched previous OVA's).
Do people call it boring because there are no fights constantly? And call Jujutsu Kaisen masterpiece just because amazing animation?
Seriously as person who enjoys characters having interactons, slow slice of life episodes are the best.
Oct 11, 2020 1:22 PM

Apr 2018
The first episode was alright maybe I should have watched the prequel before watching the first episode. The op and ed songs were alright as well. Looking forward to ep 2.
Oct 11, 2020 8:07 PM

Mar 2009
I'm just not feeling these webtoon shows, to be honest. Can we get a complete adaptation of Shin Angyo Onshi, instead?
Oct 12, 2020 12:46 AM
Apr 2017
I felt the anime could have used a bit more content from the manhwa. And the bully in the ground was supposed to be an introduction to a another character(sui) which is being ignored.

Also can we please agree that the awakening episode had rai looking better than now? I don't see why they would make him look like this instead of the manhwa art. And of course noblesse awakening.

I give it 3/5. And that is only attributed to the story and the characters.
Oct 12, 2020 4:41 AM

Jul 2010
Without OVA, I didn't understand anything, just jokes on the subject of eternal life, I didn't read the original, so I'm past it for now
May be some anime?
Oct 12, 2020 5:20 PM
Jul 2016
JudoJD said:
Clubby said:

it took u 40minutes+first episode to drop this, some don't need that long to notice garbage
Oct 12, 2020 5:26 PM
Jul 2016
RebelPanda said:
Another overhyped webtoon/crunchyroll original. This show doesn't know what it wants to be. High school comedy SoL, fighting shounen, or some lore shit. A lot of it felt like Plunderer without the ecchi. There are so many characters too. Idk who I should care about. The black hair guy looks like a vampire love interest in a 2000s shoujo.

The character art looked deformed and off-model 90% of the time. There weren't really consistent designs. It was like they used an original style from most of it, then they traced frames from the manhwa.

LMAOOOOO i love you!! I cant add anymore to this. That character art though mannnn... absolute fkn garbage.

I don't get how people want you to watch all these prequels, read some synopsis and manwha so you can lead up to this trash. If all other content lead to this as the first official episode, i dont need to know anymore.
Oct 12, 2020 5:33 PM

Oct 2014
ItsBritneyBitch said:
RebelPanda said:
Another overhyped webtoon/crunchyroll original. This show doesn't know what it wants to be. High school comedy SoL, fighting shounen, or some lore shit. A lot of it felt like Plunderer without the ecchi. There are so many characters too. Idk who I should care about. The black hair guy looks like a vampire love interest in a 2000s shoujo.

The character art looked deformed and off-model 90% of the time. There weren't really consistent designs. It was like they used an original style from most of it, then they traced frames from the manhwa.

LMAOOOOO i love you!! I cant add anymore to this. That character art though mannnn... absolute fkn garbage.

I don't get how people want you to watch all these prequels, read some synopsis and manwha so you can lead up to this trash. If all other content lead to this as the first official episode, i dont need to know anymore.
Thanks Britney, I love your music. I watched the prequel too. I wasn't good.
Oct 13, 2020 7:43 AM

Dec 2012
Why are people recommending that anyone unfamiliar with the series should watch the OVA? As if that wasn't 80 chapters crammed into 30 minutes...? As if something that rushed would actually do a proper job at conveying any character depth at all...

It seems to me this anime is made only for people who've read the original comic, and nobody else may enjoy it. I'm really disappointed over here. I thought we were finally getting a decent Noblesse adaption. I was excited to see the first few chapters properly animated. (Let's be real, the first 100 or so chapters were the best part of this entire webcomic. I didn't even keep reading once all the bullshit started.) :(
CandyRatOct 13, 2020 7:51 AM
Oct 13, 2020 9:21 AM

Nov 2014
this was really good and well paced
idk why it has such a low rate

Nagadir-chan said:
What, this was an amazing start (if you watched previous OVA's).
Do people call it boring because there are no fights constantly? And call Jujutsu Kaisen masterpiece just because amazing animation?
Seriously as person who enjoys characters having interactons, slow slice of life episodes are the best.
i agree with you on that one,it doesn't have to be always action n shit. too much hate on this just from one episode.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeOct 13, 2020 9:25 AM
Oct 13, 2020 12:46 PM
May 2013
How I find this episode.

It's like they're slowly stroking each other's d*cks with words.
Oct 13, 2020 1:46 PM

Jul 2008
What a bad adaptation... One can just feel the disinterest from the studio. Flat art, almost less animation than the actual comic and the pacing of the scenes are just off-putting. If I hadn't already read Noblesse this would've turned me off of it so badly...
Oct 13, 2020 1:54 PM
???

May 2014
st3pn said:
why are the ratings below 7? I thought people would like it more

Because not a lot of people like webtoon and webtoon anime adaptations.

" a scattered dream that's like a far-off memory. a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream. i want to line the pieces up--yours and mine. "

Oct 14, 2020 4:47 AM

May 2009
I had to read the synopsis to understand just a little bit of what is going on.
This was a pretty weak start.
Edit: I have not read Noblesse. This was basically recommended to me.

It felt like I jumped into a show that already had some episodes aired. It did not feel like a pilot episode whatsoever. Hence why I ended up reading the synopsis after 5 minutes of watching; just to get an idea of what I was looking at. Not really a great start for someone unfamiliar with the story.

Not sure about the budget of this show, but it seems pretty weak. Not just art or animation, but the overall the show seems already really rushed and characters seem very soulless. (haha yes I know some of them are vampires). Their movement and actions are... Plain weird to me and, like I mentioned, lack a proper introduction.
There is yet to be a reason why I as a viewer need to "care" for any of these characters or their actions.

Hopefully the show will get better. I am still very interested to continue.
Edit: Just found out there is an OVA of this that might be a prequel to this? They should mention this in the first sentence of the synopsis... This did not make any sense to me given the advertisement they did or anything else, really.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 17, 2020 6:24 AM

Jan 2008
I came inot this not realising there was a prequel. It left me very very confused as to why certain events were mentioned that were not shown. At the very least it should have had some sort of recap.

I've ended up starting to read it on webtoons as well to fill those blanks.

And even without the assumption you know of the prequel exisiting it was still a little disjointed. I'm not dropping it as it has enough charm to keep my attention but I'll see how it goes.
Oct 17, 2020 8:51 AM
Sep 2020
I'm speechless. How did they change the story with added a random red haired girl? Who the hell is she? Who's gonna enter a school just because he jealous? If they really run out of story material because they don't want to add sui, just go to the Seira and Regis arc appears so this episode not gonna get 6 score. I understand why sui and yuna didn't appear, to reduce the budget?
One more, Raizel face looks so weird. He's so chaming in manhwa and in the ONA. Ok i get it why they changed raizel hair to short, because the original story Raizel have a short haired. But i hope they still use the ONA hair style to make he become more charming like how telecome changed khun's hair. This eps just gone meh
Oct 17, 2020 5:56 PM
Apr 2015
I agree with everyone else that pacing seems pretty good compared to othet crunchyroll oroginals, but not sure why they had to change the part where Suyi gets introduced. Are they not planning to not have her in the anime?
Oct 18, 2020 12:02 PM

Jul 2017
Coming in straight from the 2 OVAs into this premiere episode, it was a decent start. but clearly Production I.G. has different ideas now, and the production value has dwindled by a margin.

Starting off into Season 2 a.k.a Chapter 91 (the final moments of Season 1) of the webtoon, the OVA knowledge WILL BE VERY SUBSTANTIAL as the characters are all back to their usual selves after the events of the OVA.

Raizen and Frankenstein overlooking Ye Ran High School for their hidden duties along with M-21, and trouble brewing with Shinwoo is just side cheddar. I'd think it's great that M-21 is on the action, but then regarding to his abilities and objectives with M-24, it's a stark contrast.

The Union has descended into Japan, and who knows how much havoc they'll bring.

Wonky beginning with an OST that I'd wish is like a fully-Korean one at that. At least the pacing is a relief, fast as usual but tight.
KANLen09Oct 18, 2020 12:06 PM
Oct 21, 2020 2:19 PM
Dec 2016
I was so confused by this. Opening the crunchyroll app on my tv I was only shown the series, watched episode 1 and wondered why none of the characters were introduced. Then I began to read the webtoon and liked it immediatly. I then realized I watched a second episode, searched for the first episode (why did they hide it?) but was disappointed.
They left out all the humor in the anime and that is what makes Noblesse good. It is hilarious how the main character tries to adapt to modern technoligy. And all the funny comments from readers make it even better. Just cutting the story to the main arc and leaving out everything that makes it unique doens't work...
Oct 21, 2020 7:11 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol all these "handsome" guys are priceless... and extremely strong xD obviously they're not human, well I hope we'll learn more about their conceptions etc, so far it was a pretty interesting introduction but it needs more world-building and explanations about the characters in the next episodes
Oct 21, 2020 9:06 PM
Apr 2020
Good thing I watched the OVA and ONA before watching the series because I'll surely be totally confused of the story if I didn't do that.

Of course, after sleeping for over 800 years, Raizel have lots of thing to learn about the modern era.

That gangster is brainless, trespassing the school because of a very shallow reason. lol. It's nice that they gave M-21 another chance in life and live in the right path.

Those Union guys are so troublesome. But, I guess, they're no match for Raizel and Frankenstein.

OPED are both good! ED looks like a music video!

Oct 28, 2020 10:24 AM

Jul 2019
I can't believe I wasted my time watching this just another cliche Overpowered vampire shitshow for me. Then again I have never really enjoyed any anime of the vampire genre so maybe it's just me
Oct 29, 2020 1:27 AM
Aug 2020
I sort of did things in the wrong order - I watched episode 1 before I watched the OVA, and nothing really made sense.

After having gone back and watched the OVA, I still don't quite understand all that's going on, but I feel a little less lost (I didn't know anything about the story beforehand). I liked this first episode; the characters seem likeable and the animation is nice to look at. I'm looking forward to catching up on the remaining three episodes and following the story to see if the gaps get filled in.
Nov 3, 2020 10:48 AM
Nov 2020
I have noticed they skipped an interesting and important scene if they ever plan to continue the anime at a later date as furthers along a villain development as well as the more in depth introduction to m21s powers and where they come from.
01287579Nov 3, 2020 11:00 AM
Nov 3, 2020 10:58 AM
Nov 2020
Mystogan14579 said:
I can't believe I wasted my time watching this just another cliche Overpowered vampire shitshow for me. Then again I have never really enjoyed any anime of the vampire genre so maybe it's just me
this isn't meant to be that way and the manwha is much better, and while the MC is op he also has a down side that they won't get to probably in the anime, not only that but allot of personality is missing from the anime that is in the manga.
Nov 3, 2020 11:02 AM
Nov 2020
Cleostar said:
StephWeeb said:

According to people in a discord server i am in the Prequel of Awakening spoils alot of things, wouldnt it be best to just skip it then?

you MUST watch it. It's an official prequel for it.
and it's very essential to the story.
but if they choose to continue, though I doubt it, it will spoil some future events
Nov 20, 2020 6:14 AM

Mar 2020
I feel, honestly, like this could be a NOT RUSHED Webtoon adaption. It's actually pretty good so far - nothing too interesting has happened yet, though, besides the fight with the gangster.

Though of course, it's Crunchyroll, so we'll just have to wait and see.
NOW WATCHING: Blue Exorcist (Season 3), Bungou Stray Dogs (Season 2), Delicious in Dungeon, Mashle (Season 2), The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio, Whisper Me a Love Song, Wind Breaker

Nov 21, 2020 7:53 PM
Feb 2020
Absolutely LOVE the animation. The characters look great, storyline looks very promising and Not to mention, Raizel is definitely best boy haha.
Nov 23, 2020 9:11 PM

Apr 2009
After recently watching the 2 animated prequels to this, I haven't read the source material still so I have no expectations at all. In light of that, the animation, art style, voices. and sounds are OK.

That goon is lucky he is still alive after ramen time has been interrupted! LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 9, 2020 10:11 PM
Jun 2020
That was kinda good. The ending theme was really nice.
Dec 23, 2020 8:31 PM

Nov 2012
Wooooowwww the girls in this show really all just fall over any moderately cute boy they see, huh?

Anyways, everyone is saying there's critical information missing here, but it just felt like a bit of mystery to me? I guess I'll just have to see if the mysteries are cleared up or if the OVA really is necessary, but this show has my interest.

Ending theme is VERY cool.
Dec 26, 2020 11:14 AM

Feb 2017
Oh so this continues from the OVA. Was okay episode I think. Nothing much to say, was kinda dumb tho. Visuals are flavorless.
Dec 30, 2020 7:37 AM

Jul 2007
It's been forever since I watched the Awakening so this made me rather ???? "That's where this starts?" But oh well. I am not watchign this expecting some masterpiece, I just want to enjoy some animated guilty pleasures. Glad it doesn't look as cheap as I feared.
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.
Jan 29, 2021 5:53 PM

May 2009
Why was even that one normal girl introduced when she disappears completely in following episodes?
Feb 24, 2021 12:56 AM

Jul 2015
Didn't expect this new adaptation to start right off where the ova ended. Funny to see Raizel learn about the modern world especially sending his first smartphone message (^^)/

May 30, 2021 6:35 PM
Dec 2017
the animation was pretty good and i love the art and visuals but the plot is something thats lacking given how short it was.

Jun 12, 2021 10:11 AM

Aug 2018
The old janitor standing up for the students was nice!

Oct 2, 2022 1:34 PM
Jul 2012
I don't usually like that kind of introduction on episodes 1 no matter the anime; A lot of action and not much to go on, but once the story started it got better, will have to check next episodes to have a better opinion
Mar 25, 2023 1:34 PM
May 2020
Unclear what's going on. This is the first episode what the hell?
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 30, 2020

88 by Vysarine »»
May 3, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 16, 2020

64 by Vysarine »»
Apr 29, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 11, 2020

63 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Leo - Oct 21, 2020

82 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:23 PM

» Noblesse season 2

quarterhorse2525 - Sep 19, 2023

7 by Saiche »»
Nov 12, 2023 2:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.