Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Baccano! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Apr 13, 2016 9:37 AM

Feb 2013
They noticed after 70 years that they weren't aging, Isaac and Miria are great!
Jun 24, 2016 6:57 AM

Feb 2015
Issac and Maria still looked fabulous in this episode lol. moreover they trolled me with that FUCKING wine misunderstanding. just who the fuck see that coming. when i see they were pouring the wine to the people on the table, i thought it was a flashback, then okay. then i think about it again about the wine, "isn't that wine..." then i LMAO so fucking hard AF xD no wonder why they are all immortal. that was so fucking hillarious tbh. great plot twist i have ever seen or one of my fav xD really got me well xD

on the other side, i would like to see that romantic relationship between Vino ? rail traser ? i forget his name. his relationship wih that lady. i really want to see that. and that's one of many reason why i want to see another season from this anime xD

Jacuzzi is an amusing character too in this show imo xD especially his relationship with nice xD i kinda like that. there are many ships here!!!

The asshole with white suit jumped off the train to protect his bitch. alive or not i don't fcking care about him, but i really feel bad for the brat in this episode which is immortal and was trying to kill all of the people in the train. his past sure was so horrible, moreover he is still a kid AND NEVER get old. i wonder if he got numb with pain.

ON THE OTHER SIDE!! the thing which i really like from thsi episode is the born of the relationship between Firo and Ennis xD and to think they are both immortal or more like master and servant, i really want to see their relationship development xD and that's the other reason why i want season 2 from this anime.

and for the last case, Dallas. obvious, he is a solid asshole, but i feel bad for him to get burried like that and throwned into the river, and to think he is immortal, i just can't imagine what i feels to be drowned forever in the bottom of the river and can't even die. i bet he is already numb with his own pain. and yes, i think that is kinda horrible but if we consider what he did in the past with the other mafia family......at the same time, i think it's fair. i kinda want to see what will happen afterwards tho....but they ended it like that. and that's the other reason why i want another season.

and for the most reason why i want another season because i want to see Issac and Maria more. i want to see them more cause of that after credit scene. all of this case happened in between 1930 - 1932 and that after credit scene happened in 2001. just see the difference. it's 70 years. yes issac and maria are still like that. it's not like i don't know that they are immortal. i know that. but look at their personality. it's still fucking same like in 1930. i mean, even after 70 years, their personalites are still the same, just how amazing is that xD xD xD just to be honest, they are an awsome character imo xD one of my fav character from this series. the rest is Ennis and Chane Laforet xD

9/10 from me for this show xD really enjoyable and fun to watch although it was a little bit gore xD but i like the thrills which were coming from the gore scene xD great show which have many twist in it. from this show, i realized that non linear narrative could bring/make many plot twist like that....and i really like how this show revealed everything with non-linear narrative in it. to sums it up; every case has it's own conclusion. and all of it's conlcusion connected to each other character. i really like that xD

heading to the OVA now! xD
i wonder if this anime will get a second season....
i really hope it get another season....
i want to see more!!! lol xD
YizelTroJun 24, 2016 7:14 AM
Jul 27, 2016 3:37 PM
Nov 2014
Does someone know who that blonde guy at the end is? He speaks like the demon, and looks like Elmer, the guy that was granted a wish by the demon in 1711 after falling to the water.

When he says about Maiza "did he realize that?". What does he mean?

That's the only thing I didn't quite get. Great series! Unique in it's storytelling and fun to watch. 8/10 for me.
Jul 28, 2016 12:49 PM

Mar 2013
Finished this show about about 2 weeks ago where I watched it in like 2 sittings. I enjoyed it a lot. The confusion, the action, the fun characters, the KILLER OST (which I've been obsessed with btw) all came together so perfectly. Definitely a must watch, you'll enjoy it.
Jul 30, 2016 12:07 AM

Mar 2013
Absolutely amazing.

9/10 - I hate this feeling in my heart after finishing such a great show.
Aug 3, 2016 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
That was nice. Although i wanted to know more abt what happened to claire and ladd, it ended at the best stop imo. I was confused at first but later realized that non linear progression actually worked for this. Anyway an entertaining show with a colourful and fun cast, 9/10.
Aug 26, 2016 7:08 AM

Nov 2015

I don't how Isaac and Miria can be so stupid yet adorable xD
70 years later and they just realize they have not aged at all jajaja.

Those "uuuuhhhh!" everyone was giving to Firo and Ennis tho jaja, that was very sweet of them both.

I feel stupid for not understanding but, why won't they age at all? I mean, the formula of the bottles was the incomplete one, so they'd be immortals but they would age and die of old age, so why they are fully immortals now?

This anime has been fantastic, one of the best I've ever since. Super catchy and happy music, no censorship, a marvelous storytelling that makes a story that may seem normal and not extraordinary seem like an amazing journey.

9/10, I don't know if it is a 10/10 material but surely I enjoyed it as a 10/10. This kind of story that makes you happy by watching it no matter what.

LucasMV said:
Does someone know who that blonde guy at the end is? He speaks like the demon, and looks like Elmer, the guy that was granted a wish by the demon in 1711 after falling to the water.

Yes, he was one of the Original Immortals back to 1711.
HumbertoZeroAug 26, 2016 7:16 AM
Aug 27, 2016 7:54 AM

Aug 2011
A surprisingly good anime; it was not what I was expecting at all.

Isaac and Miria - Trump characters; stupidly hilarious, yet so adorable (quoting HDarkmantis); not sure how those two survived to the 20th century.

Firo & Eennis FTW - was waiting for that to happen.

Jacuzzi - really showed his mettle at the end; was worried about him for a moment.

Maiza - the mastermind, loved him from the start.

Not many authors can crowd a series with various types of characters and they all have an impact on the ending, but Ryohgo Narita pulls that off famously. He seems to have a knack for it.
Aug 28, 2016 2:07 PM

Jun 2015
It took Issac and Miria 70 years to realize that they don't grow old lol. They were the best part of Baccano
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 9, 2016 12:26 AM

Oct 2015
cool anime except it is over hyped for no reason. The only thing good about the anime was immortality portrayed by the characters and vino only. 7/10 is the verdict
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 25, 2016 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
I LOVED this, reminded me a lot of Durarara! (which I also love). Brutal action, funny dialog, complex and interesting storyline that is told really unique way, this series had everything. 10/10
Oct 1, 2016 3:32 AM
Sep 2016
Class Anime, please OVA. Until the end, almost nothing without understanding.
Oct 4, 2016 8:54 PM

Jul 2015
Literal masterpiece. Doing well everything other shows like this one fail to do.
10/10
(shame Durarara is garbage)
Nov 19, 2016 10:45 PM

Dec 2014
I love Isaac and Maria so much... Their stupidity make them so adorable... nice end by the way.....
Nov 22, 2016 1:47 PM

Sep 2016
Started series without knowing anything till episode 7
Good series Isaac and miria made it +100 better lol
Nov 24, 2016 5:30 PM
Feb 2015
amazing series, glad i started watching it again after dropping it at episode 1 anyway i loved everything about this but the story isnt something that was too my liking, Miriai and Isaac favorite characters by far and that ending lol
Dec 1, 2016 6:28 PM

May 2012
HAHA Isaac and Miria are classic, best part of the show IMO.

I heard there is a lot more content that could've been adapted but looks like we're never going to get those.. oh wells.

10/10 for enjoyment
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2016 12:39 AM

Sep 2016
love this show characters are always interesting and they keep you entertained the plot was amazing as well this anime shall always be remembered as one of the greats 10/10 love and peace
Facta Non Verba
Dec 22, 2016 10:56 AM

Mar 2013
Just finished Baccano! And what a great watch this was to my surprise :DD

The timeline jump throughout the anime was surely confusing but I think it made the show more tense and interesting which would've been stale otherwise.

Every episode flew by fast and when I noticed, it was already the time for finale. It felt so short that could keep asking for more and more haha

The cast were amazing. Every character was charming. Be it the comedy duo Issac and Miria, protagonist Firo, the mad assassin Ladd, silent Chane, crybaby Jacuzzi or the superior and bad-ass Claire :DD Gonna miss them.

The epilogue showing Issac and Miria's realization at the end stole the show for me XD

9/10, It was fun watch.
FinalFlash18Dec 22, 2016 10:59 AM
Feb 13, 2017 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
Gabby_Chan said:
Memorable story-telling, amazing cast of characters, superb OST, great ambientation

Couldn't agree more.

Loved Isaac and Miria soooooooooo MUCH, OMG. I laughed so hard when I realised they shared the elixir from the bottles with everyone in the table ahahahahah. And I laughed even harder at the end when they realized they hadn't aged at all in 70 years OMG AAAHAHHAHAHAHAH. They are easily my favourite characters.
Also, Firo and Ennis are cute together *.*
It's awesome how every couple in this show is so damn cute *.* *.*

Holy shit, that was such an outstanding anime.
The story is amazing, and the way it is told is simply incredible.
The characters are awesome and the soundtrack is breathtaking.
Damn.
Mar 20, 2017 3:06 AM
Jun 2016
I got a huge smile on my face . this was a fun show to watch
Firo x Ennis ftw
10/10
Apr 2, 2017 3:56 PM

Feb 2016
Why didn't i watched this show earlier? It was really great!

Apr 15, 2017 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
WOW! GREAT SHOW

one of the best casts ever! loved how it all tied together
Apr 17, 2017 9:42 PM

Sep 2013
Classic Miria and Isaac. 70 years it takes them to figure out they haven't aged. Talk about living in the moment. I have a feeling they've been wearing those same clothes since the 70s as well.

9/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 22, 2017 6:46 AM

May 2010
ino is really annoying at times.

Jacuzzi got some insane luck.

"Why won't you eat me?" Czes. That sounds very wrong without context. And you do know you are talking to a pair of jokers. No srsly tho

Isaac and Miria lmao you guys.

Finally that Squirtle old guy is ded, I swear I couldn't remember his name by the end. Was it Sqilord or smth.

Yay for Czes finding a home.

2001 and they finally figure out. You idiots, you are the one who make half of the cast immortal... But that's like them haha.

7/10
Apr 23, 2017 8:34 AM

Aug 2014
So by the end of it all, everyone got a happy end besides the baddies :> And lol at that ending, Isaac and Miria being as silly as ever xD Such a great show overall, 8/10.
May 6, 2017 2:25 PM

Apr 2017
Firo and Ennis! I'm so happy for them.
May 11, 2017 5:13 AM

Jun 2016
Just finished a re-watch after reading the LNs, it put a lot of things in a different light - but overall, it still re-affirmed that this show is.. AMAAAZING! AMAAZING! MAAZING! ZING!

There's no real message, the author never attempts to make any - if anything, this series is the distillation of human randomness and the power of coincidences, augmented with a bit of magic (thanks to Maiza and co.) and a lot of charm (thanks to Isaac and Miria). There are so many good characters that I lose count.

I count the OVA as a part of this series - if looked at it as a 13-episode series, it might seem incomplete - but after 16 episodes, it wraps things up nicely and leaves the viewer with a warm, fuzzy feeling. Completely deserved 10/10.
Jun 27, 2017 2:38 AM

Nov 2016
That was very enjoyable. Started off as a bit of a mess but once things became clearer I really liked how all of the characters storylines intertwined with each other in some way. 8/10
Jul 16, 2017 8:49 AM

Jul 2016
And so ends one of the most unnecessarily complex animes ever.

What happened to the daemon they got their immortality from?

Disappointing is an understatement.
Sep 3, 2017 11:42 AM

Oct 2013
Lol i just love how Isaac and Miria are clueless about their immortality, i mean after all this time they didn't realized about that, that's a gag right there.

So every episode was kinda like a puzzle for me and after i finished it i felt like i accomplished something, pretty good overall

8/10
Nov 17, 2017 1:40 AM
Apr 2014
I really enjoyed this series, it has a lot of interesting characters

I can see the similarities between this and durarara.

It's really funny that no one bothered to tell Isaac and Miria that they are immortal.
Dec 1, 2017 8:20 AM
Apr 2014
This was surprisingly well told. The end was more or less executed properly. I just don't really get how all of it is part of "one story". It felt a lot like the main plot was on the train and everything else showed how and why certain characters know each other. It felt a lot more like two separate stories tbh. For one the happening on the train and then the story around how all of them became immortal with Dallas being kind of the side-plot of that because somehow most of the conflict was surrounding him.

All in all I really enjoyed it. Because this and Durarara are compared a lot I was expecting a few holes in the story or open questions but nothing really comes to mind. Which isn't supposed to mean Durarara would be full of plot holes but there are definitely some unanswered questions even after S2. Baccano felt a lot more complete.

On a side note - Miria was amazing :D Don't know why but her and Isaac were hilarious even though it was so stupid most of the time xD and how did they not realize they are immortal in 70 years!?
Jan 4, 2018 10:17 AM

Mar 2013
Hands down one of the best anime I've ever seen.
Jan 31, 2018 12:52 AM

Jan 2017
The show sure has and will entertain some viewers.
Although in terms of story it's a similar case to Berserk.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Mar 6, 2018 4:20 AM

May 2016
Almost dropped this anime in episode 1. Waited at least 3 months before i watched episode 2 and the scene at mining had me hooked up in this great anime. I am glad i didn't drop this.

May 10, 2018 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
I was left satisfied in the end so I am very happy !

Oct 27, 2018 9:21 AM

Nov 2014
Well, I wasn't not really into it, its kinda boring and so conflicting to watch for me to be honest. However, I know it is really good, the animation and how the story twists. It was a very good ending so to speak. Bravo! Baccano!

Dec 14, 2018 4:57 PM

Oct 2014
Ok I gotta say, I started out disliking this anime and what seemed like senseless violence and bloodshed... but it's as if everything happened backwards, I'm really glad I decided not to give up on it ^^ the story wasn't anything extraordinary, but the way it was presented was. Also, at first Isaac and Miria were rather annoying and not funny to me, but even tho they kinda stayed that way they also grew on me :3 Jacuzzi too, and for some reason I really love his name lol.
Naisu~
Feb 11, 2019 7:37 PM
Apr 2016
At first it was confusing, then it was just boring, and at the end it got crazy good... Good anime, because of the last few episodes 9/10. Though, it's funny that they're still alive even in 2000s hahha but yeah, they are immortal...
Feb 17, 2019 7:05 PM
Jun 2016
I didn't get the dialogue that Luck Gandor mutters in the end..and also, did he knew Szilar before? Was Luck on the ship too?
Feb 26, 2019 7:02 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I loved this
I have to read the rest of the story I really have to
so sad there is no Season 2 :(
8/10

Apr 10, 2019 6:55 AM
Apr 2019
Can anyone explain to me what was so great about this series? The ending left me wanting more, much of the humour fell flat, Jacuzzi's voice felt like drilling into my ear (I watched the English dub), the narrative was messy, OSTs overused and the animation unremarkable. I just can't understand what all the hype was about, I don't mind non-linear narratives but I don't think it worked nearly as well as it could have here.
Apr 10, 2019 10:16 AM
Oct 2017
Zabilac8798 said:
I didn't get the dialogue that Luck Gandor mutters in the end..and also, did he knew Szilar before? Was Luck on the ship too?
That wasn't Luck Gandor. It's a different character who looks like him though.
Jun 17, 2019 1:54 PM

Dec 2014
I thought that plane shown at the end was a reference to 9/11 lol
Jul 6, 2019 1:11 AM

May 2016
Dunno why people so hypped about this, but could have been a lot better if not for that weird direction. 7/10
Aug 3, 2019 3:13 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I think Baccano is even better than Durarara, in presenting its plot down the line.
Takes much less time to get going and once you start it is always up.

The art is really old, so minus some points there, but I watched the 1080p that is much better than native resolution, aside that, there is soo much to like about the series, Ladd didnt do anything this episode, but almost everyone else had its time to shine, and it is good to see that old fart dead for good now.

Biggest problem with the series... would be awesome to see a S2!

8.9/10 = 9
Nov 20, 2019 9:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hahaha that end was actually really funny, happy to see that Isaac and Miria are still together 70 years later lol
It was a bit confusing with all these characters but it was pretty good and funny !
Dec 16, 2019 12:10 AM
Aug 2018
I dont remember much but there's a girl and the old man telling the story of the train right? So where are they?
Feb 14, 2020 6:26 PM
Jul 2019
I just finished watching and I think it was a very unique, well definitely not the best around but it is a unique anime. The way of story telling, the lack of a certain main protagonist or a villain and the continuous jumping in time to tell stories spread within 3 years. It was definitely an experience worth it.

However I won't say it's a masterpiece, the plot felt like it was lacking, the whole thing about immortality was just..there? Some guys called on a demon that gave them the immortality elixir and that's about it? That's how it all started? The main center of the story felt kinda rushed and was as if the writer wanted to add supernatural forces to be just there. The ending came suddenly and without much preparation. It just ended, that's about it. I didn't feel like I saw the conclusion of the series. Felt kinda empty after last episode. All the stories were wrapped on suddenly and in a pretty rushed way.

I feel the plot could have been constructed in a much better way and conclusion should have have been done better. However it's still a solid 8/10 anime and worth watching for its unique elements that you don't see everywhere.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BadSeafood - Nov 17, 2007

145 by Omega1Mastemon »»
Apr 30, 2:38 PM

» Should i watch?

Koalapanda1018 - Apr 11

4 by LoveYourSmile »»
Apr 12, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BadSeafood - Oct 30, 2007

130 by Karva1 »»
Apr 4, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 21, 2007

143 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Baccano! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

accela - Oct 8, 2007

181 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.