Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 18, 2023 1:19 PM
Mar 2023
Comander-07 said:
Was this show cut short in developement? Because so much of the story just seems lacking, while the leftovers are in the show. For example Elan, why is he even still around? All he does is stand around, doing nothing. His ship with Norea was interesting, but lasted half a second. Or Shaddiq, what has he even achieved? He was supposed to be some sort of behind the scenes mastermind, but other than a little chaos he achieved absolutely nothing. Yet somehow Miorine comes back and acts as if he is important?
Ironically Guels subplot is the most fleshed out, going so far as making Lauda his rival/enemy, even though we have just 2! episodes left.
The space assembly league appeared out of nowhere and doesnt actually serve any purpose, other than beeing the third faction. They were introduced with the goal of dismantling Benerit group, but all they actually do is suicide into the super weapon and telling schoolgirls to become child soldiers.
Then there was the whole "who becomes president of Benerit group" thing and while we had an entire episode focused on Miorine creating her company, we never even saw the group actually voting for her. Yes she teamed up with Guel, but neither of them actually have any standing of their own, yet suddenly she is president? Ok? Even though all she does is sit in her room sulking?
Also while the obvious "why are teenagers main characters in this adult story" was always a thing in Gundam, they always had a kinda natural reason to be there. Here it just gets handwaved that children are running interplanetary weapon conglomerates, while playing child soldiers.
Dont even get me started on the rushed world building when it comes to Benerit group itself. I mean house Peil defected to the Space Assembly league and with 2 episodes left I highly doubt this will amount to anything.

This is especially unusual for Gundam, which are always longer than just 2 cours. I really hope this does not become the standard going forward, as this really just seems like cheaping out on the production while still selling Gunplas.

I was looking forward to this season but this just seems so rushed all around, especially after the first one took its time with everything to the point it became a drag.

PS: Oh yeah Delling woke up and its a 2 second scene, wtf wasnt this guy supposed to be more important?
@PrecureHunter lmao you are right, I completely forgot about this before I saw your comment. The main antagonist of the prequel, still a central plot piece yet now he just might as well have died 10eps ago.

It really seems like they went to market with the framework of a story and never figured out the rest of it.

A real disappointing showing from the Gundam Franchise.

Also there's barely any mechs in this show. There's been what, 4 total fights in this show? Plus whatever next episode is.
Jun 18, 2023 1:20 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
It's time for Suletta to get that W comeback. Not only was she able to get Miorine back on her feet again, she was able to reclaim the title of Holder from Guel in an out of nowhere fencing duel. Prospera is not backing down on her plan so all the major forces left are cornered in the quest to stop her and Ericht from possibly destroying Earth. And the robot fights here are just so damn good.

Hype episode
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 18, 2023 1:27 PM
Jul 2022
AlexGK said:

PS: That transgender person at the start freaked me out, not gonna lie. I am by no means anti-anything, but this was bleh... might as well put lipstick on Guel :D
Bro what the fuck are you talking about?
Jun 18, 2023 1:45 PM

May 2016

also what is a score?
Jun 18, 2023 1:52 PM
Sep 2020
ArklessWonder said:
Comander-07 said:
Was this show cut short in developement? Because so much of the story just seems lacking, while the leftovers are in the show. For example Elan, why is he even still around? All he does is stand around, doing nothing. His ship with Norea was interesting, but lasted half a second. Or Shaddiq, what has he even achieved? He was supposed to be some sort of behind the scenes mastermind, but other than a little chaos he achieved absolutely nothing. Yet somehow Miorine comes back and acts as if he is important?
Ironically Guels subplot is the most fleshed out, going so far as making Lauda his rival/enemy, even though we have just 2! episodes left.
The space assembly league appeared out of nowhere and doesnt actually serve any purpose, other than beeing the third faction. They were introduced with the goal of dismantling Benerit group, but all they actually do is suicide into the super weapon and telling schoolgirls to become child soldiers.
Then there was the whole "who becomes president of Benerit group" thing and while we had an entire episode focused on Miorine creating her company, we never even saw the group actually voting for her. Yes she teamed up with Guel, but neither of them actually have any standing of their own, yet suddenly she is president? Ok? Even though all she does is sit in her room sulking?
Also while the obvious "why are teenagers main characters in this adult story" was always a thing in Gundam, they always had a kinda natural reason to be there. Here it just gets handwaved that children are running interplanetary weapon conglomerates, while playing child soldiers.
Dont even get me started on the rushed world building when it comes to Benerit group itself. I mean house Peil defected to the Space Assembly league and with 2 episodes left I highly doubt this will amount to anything.

This is especially unusual for Gundam, which are always longer than just 2 cours. I really hope this does not become the standard going forward, as this really just seems like cheaping out on the production while still selling Gunplas.

I was looking forward to this season but this just seems so rushed all around, especially after the first one took its time with everything to the point it became a drag.

PS: Oh yeah Delling woke up and its a 2 second scene, wtf wasnt this guy supposed to be more important?
@PrecureHunter lmao you are right, I completely forgot about this before I saw your comment. The main antagonist of the prequel, still a central plot piece yet now he just might as well have died 10eps ago.

It really seems like they went to market with the framework of a story and never figured out the rest of it.

Also there's barely any mechs in this show. There's been what, 4 total fights in this show? Plus whatever next episode is.

I disagree with most of those points. However there has been 6 “fights” which for a 12 episode cour seems very reasonable. Add onto the fact that we have another two episodes.
Jun 18, 2023 2:13 PM

Aug 2017
Suletta has finally decided for herself like the independent woman that she is. She wants to stop both Ericht and her mother.
All aboard the gundum Calibarn!!! Suletta went further and beyond permit score 5. Cleared!
My only worries is that Suletta might die during her fight with Erict in the data storm. Suletta may have resistance to the data storm but there's a limit to her capabilities. Permet score 5 and higher is known to kill off their gundum pilot.

Jun 18, 2023 2:26 PM
Oct 2009
Did Guel lose the duel on purpose?
Jun 18, 2023 2:59 PM

Jun 2016
Chuchu begging Secelia is the most unbelievable scene of the entire series... XD
Jun 18, 2023 3:19 PM

Feb 2012
Human civilization in Ad Stella is too reliant on Permet-based technology. They had to customise the Demi Barding with antique parts for it to back up the Calibarn.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 18, 2023 3:24 PM

Sep 2014
@ArklessWonder its honestly baffling that this show sells so many kits, which is really why I fear for Gundam as a franchise when these low effort yuri bait cashgrabs become so successfull.

@Antisocialsempai especially after S1 moved at a snails pace, this suddenly turned on its FTL. Really all of these issues would have not existed if it got the time it needed.

@Lordbricktrick what is there to disagree with? Its not an opinion, its a summary of the sub plots.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 18, 2023 3:27 PM

Jan 2019
A beautiful piano rendition of slash, the ready for battle theme hyping me up like always, and Caliban's theme is peak.

WHAT A FUCKING SHOW!!!!!!

Also Caliban's weapon is a straight up witch's broomstick lol

Jun 18, 2023 3:32 PM
Sep 2020
Comander-07 said:
@ArklessWonder its honestly baffling that this show sells so many kits, which is really why I fear for Gundam as a franchise when these low effort yuri bait cashgrabs become so successfull.

@Antisocialsempai especially after S1 moved at a snails pace, this suddenly turned on its FTL. Really all of these issues would have not existed if it got the time it needed.

@Lordbricktrick what is there to disagree with? Its not an opinion, its a summary of the sub plots.

Your summaries of the characters in particular seems dismissive of what they have done throughout the show. Both in terms of their arcs of character development and how they impact the plot.
Jun 18, 2023 3:36 PM

Sep 2014
Lordbricktrick said:
Comander-07 said:

Your summaries of the characters in particular seems dismissive of what they have done throughout the show. Both in terms of their arcs of character development and how they impact the plot.
yeah, still not something you can inherently disagree with as its simply what happened in the show.

What do you think Shaddiq has achieved? Why is Elan still around and what is his contribution to the story besides standing around?
What value does Lauda becoming a rival add now that the show is essentially over?
Jun 18, 2023 3:47 PM
Jul 2019
Lordbricktrick said:
ArklessWonder said:

I disagree with most of those points. However there has been 6 “fights” which for a 12 episode cour seems very reasonable. Add onto the fact that we have another two episodes.
I agree with @comander-07 they really didn't think out the story. I think they had a premise, but its kinda obvious with a lot of the abrupt ends to various main/support character storylines that lead nowhere at times. I was expecting this show to be at least 3-4 seasons. I think its kinda disappointing that the show will end on a 12 episode 2 season mark.
Jun 18, 2023 3:56 PM
Jul 2019
Comander-07 said:

After season 01, I was super excited about where the story was going. I thought the build up was slow, but I thought in the back of my mind, maybe season 02 will be where they handle the build up, As they ended the show on a note where Miorine is shocked by Suletta killing someone. But when season 02 started, I was shocked they did not continue from the very last episode finished. We go right back into everyone being happy and working amongst each-other at school and I thought that transition was super weird. This is where I feel like it was a sign this show is going to move very fast for all the plots they created in season 01. This is also noticeable in season 02 episode 10, we go from all the student's at the school to somehow on the same ship as Miorine....I was like how? I think they are rushing the story, I really enjoyed the concept of the show, esp the mother. I am a bit disappointment to be honest because I was really pumped. I feel like so many mainstream anime's are getting a fast food treatment.
Jun 18, 2023 3:58 PM
Sep 2020
Comander-07 said:
Lordbricktrick said:

yeah, still not something you can inherently disagree with as its simply what happened in the show.

What do you think Shaddiq has achieved? Why is Elan still around and what is his contribution to the story besides standing around?
What value does Lauda becoming a rival add now that the show is essentially over?

Shaddiq (My least favorite of these three) served as a foil to Guel and Miorine, just because he failed in his goal of winning the presidency does not mean he was irrelevant. He is this toxic form of human connection that wants to control others. We see this in a lot of the parental relationships presented throughout the series. I am not sure where they are going with him, but I imagine he is going to be involved in some capacity in the upcoming battle, and perhaps find some sort of redemption. Although I find that hard to believe that he can be redeemed fully.

Elan's story seems to be focused on his brief connection with Norea and his resentment for his upbringing as a science experiment. He may have been stationary, but him musing over the value of life for a gundam pilot seems quite relevant to the idea of gundam pilots not being worth much. We see him start out cynical and just wanting to survive, but through his interactions with Norea he learns that he wants to live a life. To see what is beyond the gundam seat, enunciated by him pulling out the notebook and looking at the drawings of Earth. Furthermore, I would bet money on the upcoming episodes having Belmeria sacrifice herself in order to save Elan therefore giving her some semblence of recompence for her part in the genetic war crimes committed on the body doubles.

Lauda is easily the weakest of the three as a character but I think he has the most important ramifications on the story as a whole. The most obvious part is his familial relationship with Guel. He tried to run the company, but ultimately failed and passed it off to his brother when he returned. His final battle with Guel will give Guel a chance to redo his duel with his father. This time sparing his family and managing to preserve them. His other connection would be his relationship with Petra. A pivotal moment in Suletta's journey is when her and Petra are running through Asticasia as it is being destroyed. Petra's comment about how "She wants to stand by Lauda's side when this is over." is important as it causes Suletta to have that same revelation. She also wants to stand by Miorine's side when this is over.

While none of these characters are "Main" characters, I still think their contributions to the story should not be glossed over. Truly fits the definition of a "supporting" cast.
Jun 18, 2023 4:44 PM

Sep 2014
Lordbricktrick said:
Comander-07 said:

Shaddiq (My least favorite of these three) served as a foil to Guel and Miorine, just because he failed in his goal of winning the presidency does not mean he was irrelevant. He is this toxic form of human connection that wants to control others. We see this in a lot of the parental relationships presented throughout the series. I am not sure where they are going with him, but I imagine he is going to be involved in some capacity in the upcoming battle, and perhaps find some sort of redemption. Although I find that hard to believe that he can be redeemed fully.

Elan's story seems to be focused on his brief connection with Norea and his resentment for his upbringing as a science experiment. He may have been stationary, but him musing over the value of life for a gundam pilot seems quite relevant to the idea of gundam pilots not being worth much. We see him start out cynical and just wanting to survive, but through his interactions with Norea he learns that he wants to live a life. To see what is beyond the gundam seat, enunciated by him pulling out the notebook and looking at the drawings of Earth. Furthermore, I would bet money on the upcoming episodes having Belmeria sacrifice herself in order to save Elan therefore giving her some semblence of recompence for her part in the genetic war crimes committed on the body doubles.

Lauda is easily the weakest of the three as a character but I think he has the most important ramifications on the story as a whole. The most obvious part is his familial relationship with Guel. He tried to run the company, but ultimately failed and passed it off to his brother when he returned. His final battle with Guel will give Guel a chance to redo his duel with his father. This time sparing his family and managing to preserve them. His other connection would be his relationship with Petra. A pivotal moment in Suletta's journey is when her and Petra are running through Asticasia as it is being destroyed. Petra's comment about how "She wants to stand by Lauda's side when this is over." is important as it causes Suletta to have that same revelation. She also wants to stand by Miorine's side when this is over.

While none of these characters are "Main" characters, I still think their contributions to the story should not be glossed over. Truly fits the definition of a "supporting" cast.
notice how you are answering a totally different question? I did not ask what their characters are, I asked:

What Shaddiq achieved (nothing), Why Elan is still around (no reason) and why the show forces Lauda in at the very last second.

The issue is not that the characters are irrelevant, the issue is that their sub plots barely exist and got totally rushed.
Jun 18, 2023 4:50 PM
Sep 2020
Comander-07 said:
Lordbricktrick said:

notice how you are answering a totally different question? I did not ask what their characters are, I asked:

What Shaddiq achieved (nothing), Why Elan is still around (no reason) and why the show forces Lauda in at the very last second.

The issue is not that the characters are irrelevant, the issue is that their sub plots barely exist and got totally rushed.

I did answer those questions by providing full context. I can tell that we are not going to reach an agreement so we can just agree to disagree.
Jun 18, 2023 8:56 PM

Oct 2015
Cestlavie_ said:
NewestPersonHere said:
Hilarious to see Chuchu begging. XD

This episode makes me want to rewatch Amuro and Char fencing. :/

They rebuilt Dariblade in a short time~

"Amuro and Chan fencing " was that in the movies as well? cause I don't remember that

Amuro and Char fencing is in the last episode of the TV anime, I have not watched the movie compilations~
Jun 18, 2023 9:29 PM
Mar 2020
pure art, absolutely gold
Jun 18, 2023 10:03 PM

Mar 2019
Suletta vs Ericht... Go Ericht!
Guel vs Lauda... Go Guel!
Jun 18, 2023 10:44 PM

Aug 2015
Curse the completionist in me for sitting through this pile of shit
Controversial opinions
Jun 19, 2023 12:15 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Was planning to watch one or two episodes of this 2nd season and wait to binge watch the rest, but here we are with two episodes LEFT. Dammit, something keeps making me click the next episode of gundam every sunday

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 19, 2023 7:16 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nice action episode. This series could either have a lot more episodes or less characters. Sometimes I feel too many characters, motivations and potential storylines are underdeveloped.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 19, 2023 9:13 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great to see Miorine and Suletta together again. That end though, it's gonna be hard for Suletta but she has the determination
Jun 19, 2023 10:43 AM

Jan 2011
Arkaiil said:
AlexGK said:

PS: That transgender person at the start freaked me out, not gonna lie. I am by no means anti-anything, but this was bleh... might as well put lipstick on Guel :D
Bro what the fuck are you talking about?
Best seen minute 0:53 and 1:14. That's one very manly woman.
AlexGKJun 19, 2023 10:47 AM
Jun 19, 2023 4:01 PM
May 2017
This episode took my heart and ate it in front of my face. Suletta Mercury is probably my favorite MC ever.
Jun 19, 2023 9:10 PM
Jan 2023
I was cutting my nails while watching this episode, lol
Jun 20, 2023 1:53 AM
Feb 2020
Mariklyn said:
Ehh, the show looks cool with the action scenes, but take away the visuals and focus on the story. It becomes clear how bad the series is.

The duel between Gruel and Little Red (LR) is so stupid. They literally pulled out their ass that LR can now fence. All while being skilled enough to beat Gruel, the guy that is supposed to be the jack of all trades in terms of combat. ( I guess he was being a bro and took an L on purpose. )

Then, the stupid scence of Mirione being depressed locked up in her room. Didn't they already establish that she was tricked ? The legs scence was weird too.

After that, I lost it when the rebel commander guy made the comment to leave the situation if things get dangerous." Let the adults take responsibility..." (But please take the risk of fighting in a hopeless battle with your lives on the line)

All in all, if this was a one-off anime. Then, it be easy to dismiss the flaws and enjoy the ride. But a series like Gundam with lore and history. it's such a disappointment that this is what they crank out. Granted good on them, they won the hearts of thousands with woke elements. All at the cost of their identity, maybe things turn around, but wow, what a massive disappointment on the writers and creators who worked on this project.

you gave up the ghost with the mention of "woke", I was almost taking you seriously until then. But now it's pretty clear you're just trolling.
Jun 20, 2023 5:18 AM

Jan 2022
Rat_Baby said:
Mariklyn said:
Ehh, the show looks cool with the action scenes, but take away the visuals and focus on the story. It becomes clear how bad the series is.

The duel between Gruel and Little Red (LR) is so stupid. They literally pulled out their ass that LR can now fence. All while being skilled enough to beat Gruel, the guy that is supposed to be the jack of all trades in terms of combat. ( I guess he was being a bro and took an L on purpose. )

Then, the stupid scence of Mirione being depressed locked up in her room. Didn't they already establish that she was tricked ? The legs scence was weird too.

After that, I lost it when the rebel commander guy made the comment to leave the situation if things get dangerous." Let the adults take responsibility..." (But please take the risk of fighting in a hopeless battle with your lives on the line)

All in all, if this was a one-off anime. Then, it be easy to dismiss the flaws and enjoy the ride. But a series like Gundam with lore and history. it's such a disappointment that this is what they crank out. Granted good on them, they won the hearts of thousands with woke elements. All at the cost of their identity, maybe things turn around, but wow, what a massive disappointment on the writers and creators who worked on this project.

you gave up the ghost with the mention of "woke", I was almost taking you seriously until then. But now it's pretty clear you're just trolling.

But I'm not trolling since the first season. The show just keeps incorporating D.I.E elements. I forgot who mentioned it, but the show just comes off as a Yuri bait cash grab
Jun 20, 2023 4:52 PM

Jan 2021
A good ending just seems more and more far away
Jun 21, 2023 4:28 AM
Jun 2007
Time for some serious Gundam fight actions!
Jun 21, 2023 12:32 PM

Jul 2008
Lauda is committed to being an ignorant idiot to the end.
Jun 21, 2023 10:25 PM

Feb 2023
as someone who enjoyed Gwitch I thought the fencing scene was very dumb. its just totally unnecessary.

The way this scene should've went was Suletta comes in and is like "I'll duel you for miorine" and then guel is like "No that doesnt matter anymore" and just gives her back the holder title. this would not only show suletta's resolve to get back miorine but show Guel's growth to not care about the duels.

like what is guel's purpose in even fighting here. if its to keep miorine then he's just reverted to Ep1 Guel who wants to keep a woman who doesnt love him as a trophy. if its to test his strength then its just back to season 1 guel again who bases so much of his ego on petty tests of strength, if its to test suletta, then that makes no sense, he knows she and miorine are in love and suletta showing up is proof enough of her resolve, and for those saying he let her win, why? he couldve just given the holder title back without this song and dance and thats just shitty of him to insult suletta like that

Jun 21, 2023 10:46 PM
Dec 2012
Caught up to this episode and boy, this show has really fallen off a cliff in S2. Wasn't too bad up to the Elrich reveal, but the absolute horrid pacing since is now too much. It's as if the producers were told they wouldn't get more than 12 extra episodes and decided to shoehorn three planned seasons into one. 

Stuff just happens, people teleport randomly, subplots sprout then disappear without reason or rhyme, many of the recurring themes get abandoned and the slow worldbuilding done in S1 basically gets shelved to keep up with the torrid pace of the plot. Suletta caught up to her mom and sister inside their proverbial Death Star faster than dropping by Miorine's crib at Asticassia. Seems like the only thing that matters is Suletta's relationship with her family, not because the show built up the bond to be that compelling but because everything else got dusted. If the plan all along was to make a snappy two-course banger like IBO though, they failed miserably at it. 

About the fencing scene - I don't think it was that dumb because I think Guel's intent was to let Suletta through regardless. But still kind of dumb that Suletta won outright. 

mtgownsJun 21, 2023 10:49 PM
Jun 23, 2023 2:31 PM
Dec 2016
Maria1988 said:
as someone who enjoyed Gwitch I thought the fencing scene was very dumb. its just totally unnecessary.

The way this scene should've went was Suletta comes in and is like "I'll duel you for miorine" and then guel is like "No that doesnt matter anymore" and just gives her back the holder title. this would not only show suletta's resolve to get back miorine but show Guel's growth to not care about the duels.

like what is guel's purpose in even fighting here. if its to keep miorine then he's just reverted to Ep1 Guel who wants to keep a woman who doesnt love him as a trophy. if its to test his strength then its just back to season 1 guel again who bases so much of his ego on petty tests of strength, if its to test suletta, then that makes no sense, he knows she and miorine are in love and suletta showing up is proof enough of her resolve, and for those saying he let her win, why? he couldve just given the holder title back without this song and dance and thats just shitty of him to insult suletta like that
Guel was pretty conflicted with the whole "duel Suletta in a rigged duel to take away her Gundam" thing in the first place. The entire point of doing the sword fight was to reassure himself that Suletta was truly stronger than him and also to return the Holder title to its rightful owner. I highly doubt he wouldn't have let her through even if he had won, his love for Suletta and his lack of romantic love for Miorine would have seen to that.

To the people complaining about pacing issues, Season 1 was also really information dense. This series really doesn't waste time.
starkipraggyJun 23, 2023 2:36 PM
Jun 24, 2023 12:54 PM

Apr 2009
The series is starting to feel incredibly rushed.
Too bad someone at Bandai decided it had to be exactly two seasons, it's really falling apart in the end.
Quiet Zero teleporting around space like a Game of Thrones character. Elan flying off to space just to show up in the next episode like nothing happened. Lauda joining the person who was responsible for his father's death to kill his brother because she tricked him into killing his father. None of it makes sense.
Jun 24, 2023 4:28 PM

May 2010
Feels like there aren't enough episodes left to properly wrap up this series. It started rather slow, with school setting and Gundam duels, but there isn't enough time left for "big plot". Some things are happening too fast. There could be more background explored, for example that Cathedra organization, initially it seemed like it was supposed to play way bigger lore in the overall plot. All that stuff with corporations has taken a backseat. Some characters didn't really get to do much, like Chutaury for example. I think this series would have worked way better with two seasons.
Jun 25, 2023 9:15 AM
May 2016
AlexGK said:
Wnielsen said:
ayo just fyi, most trans people view Tr*nny as a slur, just saying since you seem like a nice person. (also lipstick on Guel would be baased af! xP)

anyhow this episode rocks! can't wait to se where this leads tin these next episodes!
Didn't know that, thanks!
So what short term do they use that's not a slur? Ill edit it for now.
sorry my bad for not replying earlier. Just trans person is what's ususally used
Jun 25, 2023 11:14 AM

May 2015
mtgowns said:
Caught up to this episode and boy, this show has really fallen off a cliff in S2. Wasn't too bad up to the Elrich reveal, but the absolute horrid pacing since is now too much. It's as if the producers were told they wouldn't get more than 12 extra episodes and decided to shoehorn three planned seasons into one. 

Stuff just happens, people teleport randomly, subplots sprout then disappear without reason or rhyme, many of the recurring themes get abandoned and the slow worldbuilding done in S1 basically gets shelved to keep up with the torrid pace of the plot. Suletta caught up to her mom and sister inside their proverbial Death Star faster than dropping by Miorine's crib at Asticassia. Seems like the only thing that matters is Suletta's relationship with her family, not because the show built up the bond to be that compelling but because everything else got dusted. If the plan all along was to make a snappy two-course banger like IBO though, they failed miserably at it. 

I blame that on season 1. It's a Gundam main title, not a build show. We knew, from the strart we were only going to get 24 episodes. There was a chance for more (if we believe what is told, both 00 and IBO were signed for one season, and got their second one during the show). This mean the show had to make a story that could end with season 2, and with few changes the lates episode, hint for a continuation. Since it was a main title, we knew, at time, we would have some sort of conflict, that involve war. Yet, the season one failed to even give us a proper exposition of the the political background in which the story happened. After the last season 1 episode, I told something in the lines of "They failed to explain the political background, and it's not a good mystery, because it's mystery only for the viewer, any adult in the story should know the basic of it. It's so unclear they could come up with 4 or 5 new faction out of nowhere". They ended only bringing one out of their hat, the assembly league. Then they chose to go with 9 episodes of high school drama, with not much building outside the school (Spacian and earthian relations being tensed and earth being in a bad state is not enough).

Season 2 was destined to be messy, because not only they had to explain what season 1 failed to explain, but they had to do in one season what they could have done in 1 and a half. And even there, it would have seemed slightly rushed. Season 1 did a very good job at setting a mood, and with a few characters, but most problems of S2 root in S1.

I think there has been a problem with direction in this show. The cancelled episode in S1, the summary one in S2, all the rumors about the production problems. I feel this show lacked proper direction, they didn't know where they wanted to go, did as they could. They continued with what worked instead of what the story they wanted to tell needed. There were hints during all the show, but the longer it went, the more obvious it was.
Turtles_HunterJun 25, 2023 11:26 AM
Jun 30, 2023 6:46 PM
Jul 2019
Comander-07 said:
Lordbricktrick said:

Full agree with everything you said.
Jul 4, 2023 5:30 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
all is ready to change the future!!!!
BOth sister face to face!!! kekeke
Jul 9, 2023 9:18 PM

Jun 2014
Miorine is finally out of the dumps, thanks to Suletta.

Suletta is going to try to stop Ericht and her mother. Can she do it?

Jul 31, 2023 6:18 PM

Feb 2018
''I came to stop you, both of you'' okay.. this got me hyped! Let's go Suletta!!
Sep 2, 2023 8:25 AM

Dec 2015
Guy talking about leaving it to the adults in case something goes wrong is hilarious. The shihole hit the fan ages ago and the only chance they have is Suletta. Just hope she doesn't over do it and raise the score.

On another note, that was a sweet gesture from her mom. Really hope we get to see her before this is over. I wonder how she pulled that off though. Would make for a cool way to send messages to others.
Oct 27, 2023 9:28 PM

Apr 2016
Yeah, with fencing is how you get your fiancée back.

Guel's brother, ugh.
Feb 16, 3:05 AM

Jul 2017
i have a really bad feeling about the next episode, i hope the show doesn't pull an Iron Blooded Orphans ending.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Apr 7, 3:39 AM
Oct 2017
Miorine - I'm a genius! My rule will bring peace & I'll betry my friend!
[Next couple of episodes later]

Miorine- It's all my fault! So many dead people 😭.

Was hoping to finally watch a Gundam show that doesn't make me think of all the characters as idiotic buffoons with basic ideals. My hope has gone the way of Miorine's 🤣
May 5, 10:32 PM

Dec 2022
and thus, into the Tempest goes Caliban
Jul 11, 8:47 PM

Jul 2013
Not quite as good as episode 9, but still intense and like Suletta, I also questioned her precious Mio's feelings, attitude, etc towards the cherrytop girl pilot. Suletta should know by now that Mio wasn't the romantic or loving type. Suletta should have questioned her chemistry with Mio in season one.

On the bright side, I like the intense sound of everyone at Benerit Group being marked for death. Kind of makes me wish bad companies or corporations in real life could get some can of whoopass on their respective headquarters (like Kotaku). Corporations have money, money is power and those with power seek to use it.

Yes, Elan is weirdo with loose screws as usual.
Kurt_IrvingJul 11, 8:50 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2023

333 by Iamthewalrus8002 »»
Sep 13, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2023

93 by Titadou »»
Aug 25, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2023

157 by Titadou »»
Aug 25, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2023

97 by satyrelfheim »»
Aug 19, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

94 by satyrelfheim »»
Aug 19, 5:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.