Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2023 10:38 AM

Nov 2011
I find it amusing how this turned into a war after all the development. Mitsuha in that dress says alot about her character being elegant and prideful of her skills.

Not sure how I feel about the presence of dragons though...seems very cliche in this type of anime. On the other hand, I had a lot of fun watching this anime and seeing Mitsuha's colorful range of roles. It was a fun anime from start to finish imo, 7/10.
Mar 25, 2023 10:39 AM

Jul 2017
The Great Ancient Dragon showing up in tandem with the Empire for help, going against Mitsuha and Wolf's Fang's military prowess, it's more like the technological prowess of the modern day will defeat it without issue...if only the battle isn't dragged on for long. And less time to settle it did to measure the wrath of God against the Imperial Army, that they break no sweat in achieving victory. The Messenger of Lightning has done her job, and business returns to normal.

Princess Sabine handing an invitation card to Mitsuha for the royal ceremony, and everyone who played a part got rewarded handsomely. Especially to Alexis, granting him the position of Viscount is befitting, while Mitsuha desires no higher position but money to pay back Wolf's Fang with the 40,000 gold fee...that's going all to her instead, plus citizenship...in the form of a noble viscountess?

The dragon's fang brought back to the real world, for it to be traded off for research, Wolf's Fang has never been in a better position than before. Anyways, the title conferral session that's missing Alexis von Bozes, it would not be right if he's not around to claim the position for himself. Mitsuha going back to Colette's place to share of her adventures in the royal kingdom, she's still the same Mitsuha from before, now with her own territory, and the dream of saving 80k gold, isn't that far off of a dream.

Unique Isekai, but like Noukin (by the same author FUNA) that had its anime 3 years ago, this is just decent on all levels.
KANLen09Mar 25, 2023 12:15 PM
Mar 25, 2023 10:40 AM

Feb 2020
Epic battle, but I felt sorry for that poor dragon.

Cute eyecathers. :3

Overall, this was an ok show. I liked the first couple of episodes a lot, but after story took a totally different course, I kinda lost my interest.

At least we got a pretty good finale.

SerafosMar 25, 2023 12:12 PM
Mar 25, 2023 11:26 AM

Apr 2014
It starts with Colette and ends with Colette.

Dragon: I'm the ancient dragon blah... blah... blah...
Mitsuha: we have 'modern technologies'
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 25, 2023 12:06 PM
Apr 2022
literally a whole fever dream I loved it LMAO
Mar 25, 2023 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
Mitsuha being based as always
Mar 25, 2023 12:31 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
The dragon was put into its place by a drone, guns, smoke and a little bit of power... oh, and a bazooka. Good to know that Mitsuha didn't forget about her teletransportation ability during the battle, though it's quite concerning at this point how little she's questioned about it. After that came the bounty, awards, payments and Colette's return. I wish we knew how close she actually is to 80.000 gold coins since she seems to have gathered a lot from that encounter.

In any case, the series was fine. Yes, it's another isekai wit a twist and the animation was very very below average without many tracks to make up the presentation, but the concept itself kept me amused. By the end it got a bit sloppy with the monsters ordeal and the military getting too involved but at least it was wrapped up in some shape or form. I'm still not a massive fan of Mitsuha as a character nor of her brother astral wisdom but it is what it is.

Maybe if all the aspects of the show had been on the level of the drummer in the opening song, it would have probably rated higher...
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 25, 2023 12:34 PM

Feb 2019
Yea this everything that makes roukin8 so good wrapped up into one. Mitsuha jumping and shooting a fucking bazooka midair down a dragon’s throat had me crying man 😂

Everything comes circle with her ending up back with collette as her assistant too. The journey to collect 80,000 is far from over. I will have to check out the LN for sure. A cute fun watch, thanks Funa sensei! Next up, surviving using only potions
Mar 25, 2023 12:42 PM

Sep 2017
I'm quite disappointed for the war quality in the LN the dragon is 3 and 2 get killed and the body bring back to earth but overall is good
By the way Mitsuha is a lolicon and Noriko the manager of boutique store is yuri fan
Mar 25, 2023 12:48 PM

Jan 2012
And so Mitsuha and her merry band of mercenaries vanquish a dragon while earning the title of Viscountess and taking Colette with her to her new lands as we end the series.

So straight-up I'ma give this a mildly generous 7/10, but if I'm being honest I doubt I'll remember I even watched it in a few months. It was mostly fine, if unmemorable, but a thing or two was weird to me. Firstly, the dead brother as advice/cutaway gag...morbid much? Just...weird. Secondly, and I noticed this in a few shows airing this season like By the Grace of the Gods season 2 but....what with with the hideous CGI horses and other background abominations? If you don't have the budget don't bother. Eh, it's just a growing cost-cutting measure trend I suppose. Maybe Mitsuha shoulda doled out some of that 80,000 gold to the anime production committee. Catchy op and ed at least, though it took me waaaaay too many episodes to tell they were actually saying the english word "economy" in the ed because of how they were pronouncing it lmao. But I'm sure I'd butcher Japanese much worse so who am I to judge, really? I'm on the fence on if I'd watch a season 2 of this. Probably, but eh, maybe not while it was airing. Maybe a binge watch, who knows?
Mar 25, 2023 1:50 PM

Sep 2021
Ok, the dragon battle was great! Mitsuha just casually cancelled the world domination plans with a bit of tech, and in the end, that dragon ran home crying. That was the perfect mix of war and the hillarious nature of this anime! 

Also, I was shocked Mitsuha actually promised Wolf's Fang 40.000 gold based solely on her ability to squeeze donations out of nobles. That's so her! 

As for my overall thoughts of the show: I think it was great, but mostly because of Mitsuha. She is just a brilliant Mc! She is very smart, but also an airhead with crazy ideas. And the balance between heroism and capitalism was just perfect for her. Easily the best character of Winter 2023 and I think she will stay in my favorites list for quite some time!
Besides Mitsuha, the execution of the Isekai concept was very well done here. Many Isekais are just Isekai for the sake of being Isekai, but this one actually used it's concept of world hopping and what to do in another world, other than playing hero and gaining a harem. Guns (and other modern technology) in another world is not an entirely new concept, but I enjoyed it nontheless. 
On the negative, it had some slow passages and the budget wasn't all that high for animation (insert walking goblins scene for the 10th time...). It also didn't put too much development in any character beside Mitsuha, but due to the narrative of following the adventure of Mitsuha as an outsider in the new world, I won't hold that against it. 

I really hope it gets it's comedy tag on MAL, becuase that is what I loved most about this show. 

Overall, I need to think a bit before I decide whether it's a high 8/10 or a low 9/10. But I really hope it gets some recognition and a second season! 
Mar 25, 2023 2:12 PM
Sep 2015
I feel like Mitsuha should show more appreciation to the guy that risk his live to save her live, but to be fair Mitsuha might not interest in "any guy" in the first place.

Overall nice anime, even if the war is a little bit too bloodbath for me. But other elements are hitting the right notes. I want the sequel!!!!
Mar 25, 2023 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
This show started out with such an interesting premise and approach, but in the end it was just...bad.

Would not recommend.

Main points deducted for me were the sub-par animation and the ridiculous story line. I could ignore the issues with the story line at 1st since it was relatively small scale, but by the time we got to the war, I could not take this show seriously anymore. She went from helping out a mom and pop restaurant to literally convincing full on mercenaries to come do battle in a different world. All in like 2 episodes. She was literally commanding full grown mercenaries that have been on the battle field since before she was born and using a bazooka as if it was nothing while wearing the ugliest dress in existence and combat boots.

Like come on now. If I'm supposed to be convinced she's some bad ass tactical genius, I'm not buying it. Also the fact that NOBODY in EITHER world asked questions about ANYTHING. Like, they all just accept all of her half assed excuses, and are perfectly cool with it. I could probably let it go if this was supposed to be a gag anime, but it takes itself a little too seriously and fails at it too often for me to enjoy it. The animation wasn't even good either, so that couldn't save it.

There were some fun moments but it just got too stupid at the end for me to really enjoy it. I was done with this show by episode 11, but decided to just finish it since only 1 episode was left.

At least I got to see Colette-chan 1 more time before the end. 

If there is a second season, will not be watching it. I've gotten all I could out of this, and they also took the one interesting point of the show (her owning an otherworldly store) and got rid of it for the most cliche plot by making her a viscountess and sending her out to the countryside. So, pass.

I wanna say I can see why people like this show, but not really lol. 
Mar 25, 2023 2:49 PM
Feb 2016
Guao, me gusta mucho este anime. Quisiera que una editroial española licencie la novela liegera.

Mar 25, 2023 3:35 PM

May 2015
A dragon attacks and Mitsuha and Wolf Fang defends! Honestly, if my kingdom was being edged on to attack by an ancient dragon I'd find myself in between a rock and a hard place like the empire did. Glad Mitsuha was there to defend and save the day with an epic mid-teleport rocket to the dragons mouth. That was cool! I'll miss this series, and I really hope it gets a season 2!
Mar 25, 2023 3:39 PM
Sep 2020
A decent enoigh anime adaptation of really good source material. I've only read the manga (not the LN) but things do make more sense in the manga compared to the anime. For example, lots of the War/fighting has been considerably toned down in the anime. The Wolf Fang are much more brutal. In the anime they are aiming to incapacitate, but in the source they flat out annihilated them. Including two adolescent Dragons that accompanied the one that we saw.

The battle with the Dragons played out completely differently with absolutely no world jumping or direct action from Mitsuha, which is why a lot of ppl are asking why she is using her skills openly when she has been so careful up to now. Answer is she wouldn't which is why her doing it out in the open in Ep12 of the anime makes no sense. But, thats adaptations for you I guess.
Mar 25, 2023 4:24 PM

Aug 2018
What a fun show that was a joy to watch.
Mar 25, 2023 4:59 PM
Aug 2015
Fun end to a lighthearted anime. Man, that ED is just perfect for the series. I haven't been that impressed too often. Probably the most perfect match for its anime since that Asobi Asobase ED, or maybe Flip Flappers. No Guns Life's ED was interesting, but not as much in synch.
Mar 25, 2023 5:02 PM

Dec 2013
Fun enough show, it was cool to see Mitsuha fully using her teleportation powers to kick that dragon's butt, the show could have used more Colette so it is nice she was there for the finale now living with Mitsuha.
Mar 25, 2023 5:04 PM
Dec 2022
pena que acabou 😢, tava adorando
Mar 25, 2023 5:05 PM
Dec 2022
I can't wait for the next season haha
Mar 25, 2023 5:37 PM
Jun 2020
Enjoyed this lil goofy ahh anime. even the war ended so goofy.
7/10
Mar 25, 2023 6:17 PM
Feb 2015
To the very end Mitsuha is always a schemer through and throughout.
It's definitely great to see that Mitsuha saw Collette by the end of this and I guess in a way they've done the ending in the sense of it being just the beginning but even if she hadn't gotten the 80,000 gold coins, this ending is still pretty satisfying and I'll miss Mitsuha's little antics hehehe
Mar 25, 2023 6:19 PM
Jan 2020
They ruined story somewhat,
Mar 25, 2023 7:50 PM

Feb 2019
kinda sad she had to close up shop, but that's the price she gotta pay for the title she earned (unexpectedly).
Mar 25, 2023 7:59 PM
Jul 2018
It's good seeing Mitsuha emerge victorious, like I knew she would 😊

I feel proud and happy for her, she accomplished a lot in the other world!

His "mai redii" lines still don't quite work on her 😅

It may have been a silly anime, but that's what I came for, really. I enjoyed seeing an isekai with a girl protagonist and wish there would be another season, but I know it's unlikely. It was good for me, 7/10
Mar 25, 2023 8:38 PM
May 2022
it was asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Mar 25, 2023 8:42 PM

Sep 2019
The anime adaptation is better than I have expected and I have read the novel in fact I think the anime exceeded the novel.

8/10

Truly great. Funa-sensei can create these amazing series with tons of potential but no endgame (average has endgame but they don't focus on that) and the characters are just doing whatever they like (average bandit subjugation v1, bandit subjugation v2, bandit subjugation v3, dragon fight v1 & dragon fight v2 like bruh you just recycled contents there lol, and the potion going in a mindless journey, etc).

edit: ln
konerokoMar 25, 2023 9:02 PM
C6R5 Raiden
Mar 25, 2023 8:55 PM
Feb 2021
hope for S2 love the manga love the anime
Mar 25, 2023 8:57 PM

Nov 2012
LOL @ the princess waiting to be loaded with the rest of Mitsuha's belongings. 

Decent ending.
Mar 25, 2023 10:59 PM

Jan 2015
Didn't like the final arc, wish it didn't go in that direction, but happy ending I guess. Still no idea how much gold she's saved up, wasn't this the whole point of the story?
Mar 25, 2023 11:26 PM

Nov 2021
Mitsuha is pretty damn smart when she teleported herself in the air then negating the fall damage by teleporting herslef above her bed than back like 👁️_👁️

Also did the ender dragon die or just pass out?

Mar 26, 2023 12:34 AM
Apr 2022
Mitsuha>plot, had fun watching this goofy show 6/10
Mar 26, 2023 12:53 AM

Jan 2023
Decent ending for a decent show!

Overall, I cannot rate the show any lower than a 6 because Mitsuha's personality and antics is so much fun, but I also can't rate it any higher than that because I feel like I've seen quite a bunch of series which handled the slice of life aspects better and were funnier...
Still, a 6/10 for me , and I don't exclude rewatching it at some point!
And if there was a second season at some point I would definitely watch it!
Mar 26, 2023 1:03 AM
Jan 2021
it was fun watching Mitsuha do random stuff lol , hope we get season 2 this was great
Mar 26, 2023 1:56 AM

Jan 2008
While the concept was an interesting take on isekai, the overall show was pretty mediocre. Felt like a waste to not explore and utilize her powers more, like limits, restrictions and possibilities. She could instantly teleport huge amounts of people, vehicles and even mentioned she could teleport her entire shop if needed to, so she could have probably done much more than what the author went for throughout the series. The odd jobs and how she handled them weren't particularly interesting either. Forgettable visuals and nothing notable about the animation. At least it didn't have a cgi dragon.
Mar 26, 2023 2:44 AM

Mar 2013
Very good series, it's not that great nor a masterpiece but I thoroughly enjoyed this nonetheless. The very existence of Mitsuha is endearing and lovely at the same time. Yeah, I hope she exist in the real world as well... 😆

I probably prefer her battle outfit than the coronation one... so lovely...

P.S. The dragon was cute when it ran away. lmao
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 26, 2023 12:03 PM
Jul 2015
Probably my favorite of the season behind MagiRevo.

Mitsuha is really fun to watch
Mar 26, 2023 8:12 PM

Apr 2008
I enjoyed myself, but mainly because it was so bad it was funny. It takes effort to write dialog that stupid.
Mar 26, 2023 9:10 PM

Aug 2019
I guess this is an alright ending to this show/season. While yeah there are things I don't like about this ending, and this show in general, I still managed to get some enjoyment out of it

If we ever do get a second season though, I'm sure we'll probably dive deeper into that dragon tooth and that harvard professor. There's no way they're not going to look into it

Overall, this show was pretty nice. It definitely had it's low points but I got some enjoyment out of it, it made me laugh in some parts... It honestly really had me lost in others, but in general it was nice :D

Not sure if we'll be getting another season, but I'll definitely give that a shot if it does come out
Mar 26, 2023 9:20 PM

Feb 2016
Doesn't matter how she dress up, Mitsuha is beautiful ❤️

This anime was great, I loved everything about it, even if the animation was kinda mediocre, Mitsuha is simply one of the best characters I've ever seen.
10/10 For me, one of the most original isekais there is.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Mar 26, 2023 9:36 PM
Oct 2019
The Dragon got RPG LMAO

Happy Ending for Mitsuha, she accomplished a lot in this new world.

It's quite rare to have an unique Isekai like this with the power to go back and forth between world.

It was fun and entertaining from the start till it finished.

7/10
Mar 27, 2023 1:26 AM

Apr 2012
Honestly the show was ok but it doesn't really do the series justice I would recommend reading the light novel or the manga they are better in my op I guess because I read those first I was expecting more from the tv show but oh well.
Mar 27, 2023 3:00 AM

Jun 2010
Overall, a pretty good adaption. Hope for a season 2 with Mitsuha running her own land. I remember it was pretty fun in the manga as well.

Mar 27, 2023 3:02 AM

May 2010
What a disappointment it is, it seems like all of FUNA's work are destine to be mediocre anime adaptations at best. They change so many things and added un-needed stuff... After Mitsuha gets her title and land, the anime then skips so much content as if a season 2 is never going to happen. Mitsuha gets her title in chapter 34, then skip to ch.42 when she hires Colette then skip past her arrival to her territory... so much skipped just to end with a FIN. DISAPPOINTMENT.

I can only hope that FUNA's Potion Loli gets a better adaptation but I will not be having high expectations.
Mar 27, 2023 5:55 AM

Oct 2007
I'm satisfied with the changes they made on the dragon fight, compared to the manga. Mitsuha actually had to think of a way on getting past the barrier.

the awards ceremony is less detailed, but still acceptable. This is anime after all, they have limited time. Nice to see Alexis recovered.

funny when Sabine wanted to come along, but sadly got carried back by two bodyguards.

for a few moments, it was awkward when Colette and her parents realized Mitsuha is now a noble.. issue is resolved right away, and Colette will live with Mitsuha in her land.

solid 8/10
Mar 27, 2023 8:29 AM
Apr 2021
2 season PLEEEEEEEASE, it was my favorite anime of the season.

Mitsuha the Best MC
Mar 27, 2023 11:00 AM

Sep 2020
Really nice ending, she met her again in the end, hope there's s2, it's an very interesting isekai show!
Mar 28, 2023 4:43 AM
May 2022
Season 2🕯️🕯️🕯️ please and there need too put in too need the prince and her together please
Mar 28, 2023 7:35 AM

Dec 2016
Welp, this is one of the many isekai this season I'm not going to remember next week.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Use of her power in fights

JTK45 - Aug 12, 2023

12 by ariel_nugie »»
May 11, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

56 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

92 by ST63LTH »»
May 4, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

56 by White_Alice »»
Mar 4, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

62 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 12, 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.