Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 17, 2020 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This Iena girl is such a hothead lol, seems like the type that has a trouble holding back when angered.

At least she's making new friends at school and she looks cute in a more casual outfit. Also, I see this anime is still making Hino stand out as much as possible even with some fan servicy scenes lol.
Feb 17, 2020 8:58 AM
Apr 2018
It was an okay episode. The honey badger in op finally introduced.
Feb 17, 2020 9:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Male or female who cares, Yena is always cute !! the honey badger girl is cute too, great episode
Feb 17, 2020 10:12 AM
Sep 2015
I think Ratel/Honey Badger strength is overrated (not just this anime), but since she join the big wolf pack, that must be the strongest pack in this anime. Though I personally more interest in male wolves than female.
Feb 17, 2020 10:19 AM

Aug 2012

Hahahaha, even Hitomi was looking!

This episode was hilarious, Miyubi dying multiple times and Anamitsu trying to fight Ranka so that she can join her sister's pack.
Feb 17, 2020 10:29 AM

Jun 2015
Wasn't sure after first eps what to make of it, but is massively entertaining. The after credits scence as well. Poor dude just cant get it right!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 17, 2020 10:32 AM

Jul 2013
Yena is cute being male or female. I loved the scene of the bone bento with the "love" word lol.

Honey Badger girl is still young, yet she has a monstrous resistance and stamina. If she keeps going for that path, we all know how she's going to end once she grows stronger and develops the sharpest fangs.
Shoutout to my man Kuromori (the scarred wolf who acts as the second in command of Ferril's gang), he's way too good and pure for us.

Being King is suffering, once again.

Next episode will adapt the part of the highschool for sea animals. Cannot wait for it!
IllyricusFeb 17, 2020 10:45 AM
Feb 17, 2020 10:48 AM

Feb 2019
Yena was gonna become feminine like a 'real man' LMAO

All that drama but miyubi is just being chill like usual

Damn, even other species can't resist the charm

I am shipping it yena x hitomi
cythraulFeb 17, 2020 10:54 AM
Feb 17, 2020 11:22 AM

May 2018
Oh boy Yena back to her old self and has become lesbian to Hitomi......
Feb 17, 2020 11:28 AM

Aug 2008
Sigh, so much time wasted on the shittiest character in the whole series, yet they completely removed Donkey the Gathering subplot.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 17, 2020 11:32 AM

Apr 2018
My man lion simping at the end as usual :D
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Feb 17, 2020 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
Laughed so many times this ep.

That honey badger is hilarious
Feb 17, 2020 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
I love Meimei xD... Even Hitomi couldn't resist the curiosity.

Damn! <3. First the changing room scene and now this. Hitomi too sexy, she even killed Miyubi lmao.

Feminine hyena was cute, I'm going to miss her wearing the female uniform.
SkyLETVFeb 17, 2020 1:01 PM
Feb 17, 2020 1:37 PM

May 2014
So at what point will the humans just overpower all of the animals? Overpower of course meaning "tech".

This is the only thing that nags me about the whole series.
Feb 17, 2020 2:44 PM

Nov 2016
Great as usual, especially since we had focus on Yena again. She's bringing Tomboys to the next level.

And god dammit, the last part with King was brutal again.

Illyricus said:
Honey Badger girl is still young, yet she has a monstrous resistance and stamina. If she keeps going for that path, we all know how she's going to end once she grows stronger and develops the sharpest fangs.

Already happened a few episodes ago, but whenever the narrator introduced characteristics of the animals, I couldn't help but think of Killing Bites. Honey Badgers as a spiritual successor for Hitomi makes it easier for me to accept the fact that we haven't gotten an announcement for S2 yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2020 2:53 PM
Jan 2017
Seton Academy passes the halfway mark with yet another fine episode! Yena is one of the best characters of the show, her character arc was one of the best displays of comedy the show had to offer, and she is getting on better terms with the cooking club. Still, I'm a bit annoyed that the subplot with King and Shiho is not making any real progress, they get only one scene and they're suddenly back to square one. It would be nice if this subplot had a little bit more development, but right now, that doesn't seem to be high up on the show's list of priorities. Anyway, this was still a fine episode and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Feb 17, 2020 3:04 PM

Jul 2013
FMmatron said:
Already happened a few episodes ago, but whenever the narrator introduced characteristics of the animals, I couldn't help but think of Killing Bites. Honey Badgers as a spiritual successor for Hitomi makes it easier for me to accept the fact that we haven't gotten an announcement for S2 yet.
I mean, I love Killing Bites with all my soul, but if a season 2 never ever comes, I'll gladly take this show as the fluffy, light-hearted spin-off of KB.
Feb 17, 2020 3:26 PM
Nov 2018
lion who eats grass, dankest of them all.
Feb 17, 2020 4:10 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Illyricus said:
I loved the scene of the bone bento with the "love" word lol.

I lost it when i saw that πŸ˜‚
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Feb 17, 2020 4:36 PM
Jul 2017
Just a heads up to all the anime only viewers.
Feb 17, 2020 4:42 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
lol good, i was hoping she was a honey badger/ratel... thought she was a skunk at first, that would've been bad XD
Feb 17, 2020 4:56 PM

Aug 2018
I didn't know badgers were actually living punching balls
Feb 17, 2020 5:10 PM

Dec 2013
Yena's family is the best, so supportive once again, as long as she is happy then everything is fine and the honey badger was everything I could ask for.

And Kin you fool, his heart is in the right place but his body is rushing it.
Feb 17, 2020 5:19 PM
Oct 2018
Great episode. Have to watch it twice to catch all the jokes. Humor done right. Reminds me a little of Rosario Vampire, is that weird?
Feb 17, 2020 6:27 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Yena tries to be a female, but he/she is way to masculine to be able to pull off being a female forever. Ranka's sister didn't want the Honey Badger to join the pack, but let him join anyway in order to gain approval from Ranka.
Feb 17, 2020 7:14 PM
Jun 2017
Lmao! That Lion-Impala subplot is amazing
Feb 17, 2020 8:35 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Good for Yena. I'm happy he's finally comfortable with himself. But that bathing scene makes me question how he didn't realize he was born a woman. Whatever it made funny and wholesome story arc.

Also Miyubi is just casually dying and Ranka stopped freaking out.
SkyLETV said:

Damn! <3. First the changing room scene and now this. Hitomi too sexy, she even killed Miyubi lmao.

Even better Myubi was dead before the uniform was "ruined" and then she came back to life before dying of a nosebleed. That is next level hotness.

LaatuMakkara said:
My man lion simping at the end as usual :D

Okay so I wasn't the only one thinking this at the end. Between this and Madagascar, why to cartoons/anime think lions can just decide to be vegan? But King really is that guy I guess
ricksedFeb 17, 2020 8:45 PM
Feb 17, 2020 10:30 PM

Apr 2012
ricksed said:
Good for Yena. I'm happy he's finally comfortable with himself. But that bathing scene makes me question how he didn't realize he was born a woman. Whatever it made funny and wholesome story arc.

Yena is not a trans, lol. In this case, she can continue to live like a "male", because it was familiar to her and in connection with certain events, more naturally. In later chapters she even talked about the desire to be the same "alpha female as her mother".

man_with_a_beard said:

Antanaru said:
Sigh, so much time wasted on the shittiest character in the whole series, yet they completely removed Donkey the Gathering subplot.

Honestly, I don’t understand why manga readers complain so much about her. She's a pretty funny and cute character, even if you forget that this is essentially satire on futa.

cythraul said:

You will like the most recent arc, I'm sure lol. However, at some point, most Hitomi's arcs will look like yuri bait in CGDCT. It is portrayed as an ordinary close "friendship", but each scene seems to be specially created to make you joke about Hitomi as a yuri harem master.
RobertBobertFeb 17, 2020 10:34 PM
Feb 17, 2020 11:29 PM
Mar 2019
man_with_a_beard said:

Damn, and i was already hating her character... this will probably bring down the enjoyment level of this show for me ton. Oh well, see how it goes. ¯\_(:/)_/¯

RobertBobert said:
cythraul said:

You will like the most recent arc, I'm sure lol. However, at some point, most Hitomi's arcs will look like yuri bait in CGDCT. It is portrayed as an ordinary close "friendship", but each scene seems to be specially created to make you joke about Hitomi as a yuri harem master.

Oh god, if that's true i'll probably just end up dropping this, which is sad because i was really enjoying it up an till now.

Antanaru said:
Sigh, so much time wasted on the shittiest character in the whole series

Couldn't agree more, sigh... i'll just have to see how much more i can take from here, lol.
HeMustBeKawaiiFeb 17, 2020 11:35 PM
Feb 18, 2020 12:31 AM

Apr 2012
@Ccorva2 Well, the fact is that Hitomi is obviously straight, but it’s equally obvious that she perceives Yena as a kinda of male friend. Add to this that 90% of Yena's appearances and character development revolves around "ohhh, Hitomi sooo good ideal of femininity and caring big sis!" and you will understand why most of their interactions resemble straight romcom. One recent chapter even contains a direct reference to the shoujo "doki-doki" cliche.

I don’t know how it will end and what are the intentions of the author as a whole, but Hitomi is such a big yuri-ish magnet being one of the main characters, that someone even added a shoujo ai tag to this manga on Baka-Tsuki.

But if you do not like yuri (manga also has yuri spin-off with jokes about a crazy lesbian) or BL (yes, not only main girls consider Jin to be hot) content, then I can say that there are also more than two or three straight subplots here. One of the omake also shows that with the exception of Koala-chan, all the main girls have different levels of crush on Jin. After all, this is a typical shonen manga with a bunch of characters, so there are tons of ships and romance here.
Feb 18, 2020 12:42 AM
Mar 2019
RobertBobert said:
@Ccorva2 Well, the fact is that Hitomi is obviously straight, but it’s equally obvious that she perceives Yena as a kinda of male friend. Add to this that 90% of Yena's appearances and character development revolves around "ohhh, Hitomi sooo good ideal of femininity and caring big sis!" and you will understand why most of their interactions resemble straight romcom. One recent chapter even contains a direct reference to the shoujo "doki-doki" cliche.

I don’t know how it will end and what are the intentions of the author as a whole, but Hitomi is such a big yuri-ish magnet being one of the main characters, that someone even added a shoujo ai tag to this manga on Baka-Tsuki.

But if you do not like yuri or BL (yes, not only main girls consider Jin to be hot) content, then I can say that there are also more than two or three straight subplots here. After all, this is a typical shonen manga with a bunch of characters, so there are tons of ships and romance here.

Well, i don't mind "yuri" or "BL" per se, i just hate when it's used as bait comedy, that's constantly being thrown in your face. And it seems like that's what's going to end up happening here, "constantly".

I also don't like when "said subplots" intrude on the "MC's" relationship development, wether it be Jin, Hitomi, or Ranka. And since i already dislike the "hyena's" character, it will make that worse.

Was really hoping she'd be a tomboy, but well, who am i to say where the story should go.

It's mostly a personal issue. :)
HeMustBeKawaiiFeb 18, 2020 12:45 AM
Feb 18, 2020 12:56 AM

Apr 2012
Ccorva2 said:
RobertBobert said:

But if you do not like yuri or BL (yes, not only main girls consider Jin to be hot) content, then I can say that there are also more than two or three straight subplots here. After all, this is a typical shonen manga with a bunch of characters, so there are tons of ships and romance here.

Well, i don't mind "yuri" or "BL" per se, i just hate when it's used as bait comedy, that's constantly being thrown in your face. And it seems like that's what's going to end up happening here, "constantly".

I also don't like when "said subplots" intrude on the "MC's" relationship development, wether it be Jin, Hitomi, or Ranka. And since i already dislike the "hyena's" character, it will make that worse.

Was really hoping she'd be a tomboy, but well, who am i to say where the story should go.

It's mostly a personal issue. :)

I understand what you want to say, but it is rather used as a parody and reason for referring to zoology in real life than bait. Yena doesn’t just remain tomboy, in fact her entire line is a parody of such characters with the help of real pseudo-hermaphroditism of hyenas. Each significant character in this manga is simultaneously a zoological lecture and a parody of a certain anime archetype.

With MC's relationship here is a bit more complicated. I am sure that Jin will ultimately be with Ranka, the whole premise is literally built on this, but I also can not confidently say that Hitomi x Yena will definitely become a canon. The author definitely loves Yena, but I do not want to speculate about his intentions.

Personally, I think that if this ship becomes a canon, it will probably not be a typical yuri with heterosexual dynamics, but rather something like a symbolic recognition of Yena as a "male" lover in otokonoko manga style like Prunus Girl https://myanimelist.net/manga/14115/Prunus_Girl?q=pru.
RobertBobertFeb 18, 2020 1:02 AM
Feb 18, 2020 3:42 AM

Jul 2014
I mean you can't exactly compare trans people to Yena's case, she was born with both parts of a male and a female, these animals work differently from us. Trans people have those parts removed or whatever the fck they do to convince themselves that they're now a different gender for some reason.
I see Yena as .. well just a tomboy and I don't really blame her, she just found out that she's a woman lol. Not really easy to change especially if your heart isnt in it.

That aside I'm more interested with Lion's love story, dude is getting shafted every ep.
P.S Hitomi's hella hot.
Feb 18, 2020 5:21 AM

Jul 2017
As much as Yena's a tomboy hyena, the female part still irks her. A WHOLE LOT. And trying to imitate Hitomi isn't gonna help her a lot, but with help from said human and other animals, Yena finally achieves her womanly self, but as her biology shows, tomboy is the only way to go...by being a male.

Going back to the lil' rascal that Ranka's older sister saved, the invincible honey badger Tel makes her appearance! Don't mistake her small self as being weak, but her bodily defense is strong! Obviously Ranka's older sister adores the little sister, but putting that aside, letting a honey badger into the pack is new.

Is the lion Kin always going to triumph the male animals for impala Shiho...he's always getting the shaft for it heh xD

Fine episode, until the next which is the occasional fanservice beach episode!
Feb 18, 2020 8:10 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
RobertBobert said:
ricksed said:

Yena is not a trans, lol. In this case, she can continue to live like a "male", because it was familiar to her and in connection with certain events, more naturally. In later chapters she even talked about the desire to be the same "alpha female as her mother".

I know it's not a perfect 1:1 case. It's more a reverse trap take plus, like you said, a satire on futa. I'm not completely naive to anime. However all that said,

A. I still think it's an interpretation one could have for his storyline. Perhaps the analogy breaks down later down like you say but for now it's just my headcannon. Of course I'm still fully aware they aren't trying to push any agenda and are just making a gag for a funny/cool character.

B. The main reason I'm using male pronouns is because Yena's father calls him his son at the end of the episode and even Hitomi shifts her suffixes to -kun. So if the in universe characters are doing it then I will too. Not that I think everyone has to as Yena is comfortable with either as he told Hitomi. It's just easier to pick one than do he/she constantly.
Feb 18, 2020 8:26 PM

Dec 2016
Japan might be confused on this one. Imagine giving birth through a penis. Yena... bby gurl you are a real man.

Feb 18, 2020 9:28 PM

Apr 2012
ricksed said:
RobertBobert said:

I know it's not a perfect 1:1 case. It's more a reverse trap take plus, like you said, a satire on futa. I'm not completely naive to anime. However all that said,

A. I still think it's an interpretation one could have for his storyline. Perhaps the analogy breaks down later down like you say but for now it's just my headcannon. Of course I'm still fully aware they aren't trying to push any agenda and are just making a gag for a funny/cool character.

B. The main reason I'm using male pronouns is because Yena's father calls him his son at the end of the episode and even Hitomi shifts her suffixes to -kun. So if the in universe characters are doing it then I will too. Not that I think everyone has to as Yena is comfortable with either as he told Hitomi. It's just easier to pick one than do he/she constantly.

The problem is that the "male" personality of Yena here is more presented as a more familiar way of life than "Oh, I'm the guy, who was born in a female body". Yes, and it seems to me that in this context, constant jokes about the fact that she is actually a woman would be quite transphobic.

Imagine if the author constantly joked in the yuri story that both heroines are girls and they can’t live like a couple without a man.
Feb 18, 2020 11:01 PM

May 2019
I liked this episode. The post-credit scene was sad tho; screw the track team captain

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 19, 2020 3:32 AM

May 2018
Miyuki only died once this episode! How strange indeed
Feb 19, 2020 5:37 AM
Review Moderator
king

Aug 2017
I love the new honey badger girl so much. And meimei is hilarious in this episode
Feb 19, 2020 8:07 AM

Aug 2008
RobertBobert said:
Honestly, I don’t understand why manga readers complain so much about her. She's a pretty funny and cute character, even if you forget that this is essentially satire on futa.
If it's satire, why it's not funny? Bullshit she's spouting would have to come bite her in the ass or everyone around would have to be sick of her shit for it to be considered satire. She's just another example of an overused tomboy trope that wasn't funny in the first place. It could be funny if it was done years ago with the emphasis on it being related to animal characteristics but at this point it's just another annoying cunt in anime.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 19, 2020 8:27 AM

Apr 2012
Antanaru said:
RobertBobert said:
If it's satire, why it's not funny? Bullshit she's spouting would have to come bite her in the ass or everyone around would have to be sick of her shit for it to be considered satire. She's just another example of an overused tomboy trope that wasn't funny in the first place. It could be funny if it was done years ago with the emphasis on it being related to animal characteristics but at this point it's just another annoying cunt in anime.

I can only assume that she is the author’s favorite. I am well aware of the existence of such characters (oh, Emilia ...) and I understand why many people find them annoying, but in this case it’s very difficult for me as a tomboy-addicted person to evaluate this.
Feb 19, 2020 5:00 PM
Oct 2018
Damn, I laughed A LOT when hitomi dressed up like a tomboy. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Feb 19, 2020 11:42 PM

Mar 2015
Surprisingly the serie always touches interesting topics. While I believe Manly Yena with feminine clothes suits her the best, I'm glad to see she's back to her normal self.
Feb 20, 2020 12:54 AM

Oct 2008
Excellent episode! you know why!? because Ratel Honey Badger is here who DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT TO ANY PREDATORS! not even a Wolf or Lion! bwahahah!
There's some inconsistency why did Ratel Honey Badger felt more pain/damage against onesan wolf compared to three hugeass lions!?
5/5.

Feb 20, 2020 3:56 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Yena went back to being a boy and damn King and Shiho's ship almost sailed too. Ranka's sister is really adorable.
Feb 20, 2020 9:00 AM
Jul 2019
Don't tell me that there is that possibility that Yena will end up with Hitomi......

Man if this is hot enough for ya'll about Hitomi...

Feb 20, 2020 1:56 PM

Dec 2016
kappasan said:
So at what point will the humans just overpower all of the animals? Overpower of course meaning "tech".

This is the only thing that nags me about the whole series.

I mean, just look out the window. Humans already overpowered all animals. ;)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 21, 2020 9:50 AM

Feb 2019
Yena would be a better male protagonist than Jin himself who is a generic and dense MC anime, I don't understand why they just don't replace him?
Feb 21, 2020 10:02 AM
Nov 2019
phantomfandom said:
I think Ratel/Honey Badger strength is overrated (not just this anime), but since she join the big wolf pack, that must be the strongest pack in this anime. Though I personally more interest in male wolves than female.

Obviously you've not watched "Killing Bites" - not that I'd recommend it as it's crap...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2020

55 by purplemoon_ »»
May 5, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2020

84 by purplemoon_ »»
May 1, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2020

126 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 9, 2023 6:41 PM

Poll: » Murenase! Seton Gakuen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2020

162 by Daviljoe193 »»
Oct 22, 2023 11:02 PM

» any hype for this?

Kougeru - Dec 19, 2019

17 by Kougeru »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.