Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 6, 2023 9:30 PM

Nov 2021
UGH, such an amazing and perfect ending! and they made sure to do a time a perfect time skip without leaving any issues unsolved! This was such a 10/10 of the 2023 winter seasonal anime!

TBH I think they just told Miri her mom unfortunately died of cancer instead 😭 and the fact Rei makes Miri the best french toast is so wholesome 🥲❤️

Apr 6, 2023 9:35 PM

Nov 2021
Old_School_Akira said:
I guess they told miri about her dead mom off screen during the time skip.

Too bad Rei and Kazuki didn't get married if the wanted to be a "real family".

AOTS
They look like the MC's from the Dreamworks movie the road to el dorado 💀

Apr 7, 2023 3:05 PM

Jul 2022
nice ending i like it, although idk about them causing the death of her parents but whatever ig
i give it 8/10
Apr 7, 2023 6:58 PM
Sep 2021
This was show a absolute blast. P.A works nail it again. Time-skipped Miri taking a picture with kazuki and rei made me cry a little.
(I am talk about why i think buddy daddies is better than spy family)
At first I thought this show was just a Walmart version of spy family But I was completely wrong. Buddy daddy is completely different from spy family so I hope that the people who haven't seen this show to Give shot. Spy x family had literally no story and The character felt lifeless but when i watch buddy daddies it literally fix almost all the problem, every character in buddy daddies has meaning for a story and buddy daddies showed you what a real family would look like better than spy family. For that is the reason why I am giving this anime 9.31/10.
HaigenApr 8, 2023 5:57 AM
Apr 7, 2023 8:57 PM
May 2018
Loved the end scene. Really struck the heart :0
Apr 8, 2023 7:56 AM
Jan 2021
what a great ending to a great anime, loved the plot and seeing the anime end with miri growing up with her papas was the cherry on top!
Apr 9, 2023 12:49 PM
May 2020
what a fantastic ending!
Apr 9, 2023 9:15 PM

Feb 2017
This turned out way more of a banger than I ever expected with the first few episodes. It's actually much better than Spy x Family. There's been a lot of plot-armor but the combat was still exciting. I loved the sweet ending. I wish it wasn't over so soon, it makes me emotional I love all these characters and their lives turned out so well.

Floral_soapApr 9, 2023 9:45 PM
Apr 10, 2023 4:15 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I watched the last two episodes back to back since I was behind. First, man I dunno if they had to take out Miri's mom like that. I know she had cancer and was going to die eventually anyway, but that doesn't make it any better when you see someone genuinely trying to redeem themselves.;; Like, I was ready for her to have another change of heart, end up trying to sell Miri off for medical costs, or some equally stupid stuff. For some reason having her killed off when she's even the one who put distance between her, Miri, Kazuki, and Rei partly because she knew they were involved in dangerous stuff... that was a kinda weird and sad move. Despite that, I think this last episode was kinda sweet. It kinda looks like Miri understands that her mom's gone, and that's... good. I think that whole time skip was actually quite cute. Except dang, after ten years where these three have slept in the same bed at least once and everything, you'd think they wouldn't be so hesitant to get closer for a picture. I mean, I'm glad they did in the end, but it was kinda like a "wait, it's been how long?" moment. Like at that point, I'd say you two are pretty close friends. Like shoot I think even Lupin and Jigen wouldn't have minded doing the whole arm over shoulder thing. Actually, I think they even have more than once. You'd think after ten years these two wouldn't mind something as inoffensive as showing that they're kinda sorta chums. But hey, I guess in the end they did do it. So hey. It really was nice to see them enjoying their lives peacefully in the end. Warmed my heart.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 10, 2023 9:14 AM

Nov 2013
it kinda scared me when ray shot his arm, but i guess it was a small price to pay for his freedom lol at least his father didn't kill him

that time skip tho, omfg, best scene of the season?
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 10, 2023 9:24 AM

Nov 2013
Calypso_mk said:
So, I got a question...did anyone else notice that Rei’s hand has gone kinda disabled or am I making things up?🤨

yeah that was the point of him shooting his arm ... since he can't move his right arm, he can't kill anymore
that being said, i made sure to check the rest of the episode again to see if his arm ever went up... nope it doesn't lol
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 10, 2023 5:18 PM

May 2008
It was fun, and cute as the most of the series.

Not something AMAZING that I will never forget, but a great show. Too bad it ended already, took me 3 days to complete, lol
Apr 11, 2023 9:03 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! JK Miri is so HOT and pretty and well built girl! Kazuki and Rei raised her well! i just hope she don't go rebel later on y'know...
5/5.
8/10.

Apr 14, 2023 4:34 PM
Dec 2022
Loved it! I'm really glad everything worked out in the end for them! And my god Mirir is all grown uppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 15, 2023 2:40 AM

Sep 2021
Average anime. I do not think there was a need to kill off Miri's mother just like that. She was actually trying her best to redeem herself only to be killed off in 2 episodes...
Nice that it showed Miri grown up. That aside, the series as a whole was not that...memorable (for lack of a better word) in my opinion.
Apr 16, 2023 9:13 PM
Oct 2019
i enjoyed this. some of the assassin stuff was meh, whatever. but the adorable moments with miri were what made this show for me. how can you not be moved by such sweet, innocent children and the things their parents do for them? makes me think of my little nephew who's just so precious haha

and i just realized it was an original work. i'm kind of glad it (i assume) is ending here and not dragging on longer

7/10
Apr 21, 2023 5:54 AM
Sep 2021
The ending was so wholesome and greaT~~~!
Apr 21, 2023 12:34 PM
Feb 2018
despite this show being about two bishonens living together and raising a daughter together this was not nearly gay enough.
Apr 21, 2023 8:24 PM

Feb 2014
I was about to look for the original source so I could see how it went when Miri got to know what happened to her mother but just noticed it´s an Original anime. 
I really wish I could have seen how that went. If she ever got to know the truth. 

Probably my only complain is that they could have spared Miri´s mother life after she started to change for Miri´s sake. I believe that would resonates better with the anime´s purpose of changing yourself for better for someone you care. But oh well, somehow I saw that coming at the time Miri started to live with her. 

No doubts this anime and Spy x Family are in the same category. The difference between both is the drama level (which is one of the main genres of Buddy Daddies). Both animes are very good in my opinion.   

It started 7, then 8 and now I fell like 9/10

----

By the way, is it safe to assume  that Kazuki´s wife was caught in that explosion when she was still pregnant? 
Also, how/why was she at that place at that exact time when all of that happened?  Just wondering xD
TechOtakuApr 21, 2023 9:23 PM
Apr 23, 2023 6:16 AM
Mar 2018
I"m so glad I finally finished this series. This was wholesome, heartwarming, as well as emotional and engaging. Buddy Daddies was a great alternative to SpyXFamily and worth of just as much praise. 5 out of 5
Apr 23, 2023 2:15 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Things didn’t go exactly as I expected for the finale but it was a great one for sure, and really there was no other way this could end if our buddy daddies were to keep being dads for Miri, so I was happy to see Rei and Kazuki raise hell at the organization’s mansion and finally deal with Ogino, who had a very fitting death giving his obsession with last words.

And I can’t lie, I did tear up a little bit when Miri saw her papas walk in after not being there at first, and then ending on a time skip was kinda unexpected but after thinking about it, I love to see it. This way we know nothing came between them for many years and they lived happily, that’s definitely nice closure to have, and just seeing an older Miri that isn’t Kazuki’s imagination is nice lol, and Kazuki and Rei look like hippies now, I’m sure they own a copy of Cornell 5/8/77 somewhere in that restaurant lol.

And that was the show, this was a damn good one, I really wish it could have been part of my Winter 2023 season but I’m glad I got to it now alongside my buddy. The only complaints I can think of is that I wish some more SoL could have been sprinkling in among the serious stuff in the 2nd half of the show giving how wholesome and fun the first half was, but at the same time I get why things went the way they did, and I’m glad it at least returned to wholesome in the end.

And to the folks that really wanted Rei and Kazuki to be gay, I personally can’t see them ever being that way together but if you want to see it that way, more power to you, they’re fictional characters after all. But with that I’ve reached the end, I think a Season 2 would be cool to see after the time skip but I also think the story feels complete so I don’t mind it ending here either. And I can’t end this review without mentioning the fantastic OP and ED, I really love them both. I’m gonna miss the pure ray of sunshine that is Miri and her two great dads.

And as a final note, I love Anna Sensei and I want more waifus like her lol.
TheColonel76Apr 23, 2023 2:27 PM
Apr 25, 2023 9:48 AM
Mar 2021
Overall the anime was so wholesome thank you for creating such a anime <3
Apr 25, 2023 10:50 AM
May 2020
It has been from start to finish, a great anime. I liked a lot
Apr 25, 2023 8:42 PM
Jun 2022
Que bonito ver como todo acaba bien para los tres y como no influye a Rei su sangre <33
Apr 25, 2023 8:43 PM
Jun 2022
Que bonito ver como todo acaba bien para los tres y como no influye a Rei su sangre <33
Apr 26, 2023 12:19 AM
Apr 2023
vato neta we, neta hermano tenia tiempo sin llorar con un anime y este lo hizo, me hizo lo que quiso todo el rato, neta we qeu bonito es un anime cuando se hace con cariño, 12 episodios y mira como me dejo nmms
ahora si como dice mi morrita: "subarashii!!!!"
Apr 26, 2023 9:05 AM
Aug 2021
ending was the best ive seen ever
Apr 26, 2023 11:43 AM
Feb 2023
good good good goood goood goood goood
Apr 29, 2023 12:11 AM
Dec 2022
When was the last time i saw an anime with no cliffhangers in the last episode?
Apr 30, 2023 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
Nice end, overall had its flaws (Miri being a little bit over the top annoying and not being scolded) but in the end I enjoyed the unique family dynamic and the balance between wholesome and action. Also nice to see a timeskip at the end.

May 1, 2023 9:30 AM

Oct 2022
SUCH A PERFECT ENDING!!! AAAAH MY HEART, Lovely anime!
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

May 1, 2023 2:08 PM

Mar 2017
Soooo gooood! That was just the heartwarming anime I needed!

The end scene made me so emotional! Seeing the three together and happy… Rei & Kazuki are such good Papas and Miri is all grown up 🥲

My only critique for this finale would be that I don’t get how Rei shooting him self in the arm would mean that the organization would never come after them… but I don’t care cause this was so cuuuute 🥰
May 4, 2023 5:28 PM

Jul 2012
I was wondering if we'd get to see grown-up Miri and we did! 
I'm so relieved we got the happy ending!

Ngl, I'd love to see a slice-of-life continuation of this show since I like the characters a lot!
May 8, 2023 5:19 AM
Apr 2023
That guy with a forgettable name had a very poetic death. In the end he could not get his last words and couldn’t even write it down as his book got burned away.

That’s one heck of a time jump. She grew up looking a lot like Uraraka Ochaco.
May 8, 2023 4:18 PM

Aug 2011
Everything I wanted to say has already been said. An epic binge watch, once I started I couldn't stop. 
May 8, 2023 10:28 PM

Mar 2018
Loved this. Very well written story with an ending and an epilogue that wrapped up things nicely. Animated very well without a moment of weak or distracting animation. Characters were likeable throughout and well developed. Utmost care was taken to minimize and eliminate exposition and infodumps. No melodrama yet was able to evoke emotions masterfully. Better than anime made for the seinen demographic, that I have seen. Also noticed a couple of metaphors. Overall a solid 9 out of 10.
May 13, 2023 12:16 PM
Dec 2022
It was such a beautifull ending.
May 14, 2023 10:47 AM
Feb 2023
The best ending I ever watched
May 26, 2023 11:45 AM

Aug 2019
I heard that there'd be a time-skip, but for some reason I expected it to happen between episode 10 and episode 11. Either way it still stands that things are going to get very messy when Miri finds out that the two men who raised her were responsible for the deaths of her biological parents to various degrees... Second season will have a lot to unpack if it ever happens.

Also, high schooler Miri reminds me of the BNHA girl.
May 26, 2023 2:35 PM
May 2018
This show is going to leave a Buddy Daddy sized hole that will never be filled by anything over than a Buddy Daddy season 2, or an OVA (or 10), or a movie. Three or four seasons of slice of life with this family would have been excellent! The only reason why it was squished into a single season definitely has to be because they're weren't enough moe anime girls--but I'm glad the protagonists were both male, because there's really none of that available to watch. And they made such a beautiful family with Miri! The animation was beautiful at times and the music is definitely a bop and there's definitely growth in the characters that has you cheering for them. There's definitely Fujoshi bait here, but I'm here for it, so. Overall, this was actually super high quality and wholesome, way more than I was expecting. Seeing the time skip at the end killed me, though 😭 I really need more of these three.
May 26, 2023 6:03 PM
May 2023
é um anime muito divertido e foi um dos melhores da temporada passado
May 27, 2023 1:49 AM
Feb 2021
A nice happy ending
May 28, 2023 12:32 PM
Apr 2022
Super cute, casual anime to watch when coming back from work or school.
May 31, 2023 3:52 PM

Sep 2012
@Old_School_Akira @KittyxChan well they were always friends and not gay so it was obviously never going to happen (obvious from the start), it was about bromance 

guys can be friends to 
Sugram22May 31, 2023 11:36 PM
May 31, 2023 11:55 PM

Sep 2012
@Vi- when mother showed up i said why not ask her to live with u guys?
Jun 1, 2023 8:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Didn't really feel the action scenes all that much, they should've clearly been overwhelmed a lot earlier xD, but let's keep that aside for now. It was nice to see Rei finally break his own shackles by rendering his arm "useless" for battle. Good to see that it doesn't affect his cooking later on though. Who would've thought he'd be in charge of that? 

Also, I found it badass how they threw the lighter in the kitchen to blow the place up, poor lad was probably trying to write his own final message or something. I suppose they must've told Miri-chan about her mother, would've been interesting to see them introducing their previous occupation. Nevertheless, finishing the show off with some illustrations to give us an insight into some of the gap years was a fine choice, enjoyed it very much!

A bit rushed of a finale but a solid healing show, nonetheless. 7/10 from here. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 2, 2023 12:42 PM
Feb 2022
was the ending a manga original?
Jun 9, 2023 3:00 PM
Feb 2021
Great, heartwarming
Jun 12, 2023 6:29 AM
Jun 2023
Ha sido super bonito en serio, me ha encantado, es verdad que si fuera un poco más largo, habría más historia y tal pero a mi me ha gustado mucho.
Jun 12, 2023 1:15 PM
May 2023
I loved this episode, even if it felt a bit rushed, they balance the action and wholesome moments well. I really liked the ending and getting to see how papa Rei opened up at the end. Its also really nice to see that they had become a family.  All in all I really genuinely enjoyed this episode.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Petition to bring season 2 of buddy daddies !

ihateisekaii - Mar 4

5 by Zhiyu48 »»
Sep 11, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

166 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Sep 8, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2023

137 by bananachips »»
Sep 2, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

155 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Jul 7, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

168 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Jul 6, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.