Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2022 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Ranko in that purple outfit. She didn't seem like the type that would go on dates but hey, her friends dressed up her up and ready for a date. The date itself was fine I guess, pretty normal honestly with the zoo watching and stuff. That kiss though! I bet Ranko wasn't ready for that and I'm surprised as well.

She deserved the date this episode imo. Too bad her date got shot later by...Panda.

Dec 8, 2022 7:32 AM

Apr 2014

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
-DxP-Dec 9, 2022 8:25 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 8, 2022 7:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Never hope for love in this show xD I didn't expect to get the backstory of the Panda but nice... now that she knows, Ranko has to kill Nagi I guess
Dec 8, 2022 8:30 AM

Dec 2021
Oooo, now we know the story of panda, ranko is gonna destroy nagi XD.

Ahhh, felt bad for that guy, he even bought the ring for her.
Dec 8, 2022 8:46 AM

Dec 2021
I thought Kedamonoland is going to openly turn against Ton Tokoton after destroying the ecosystem but instead sends a guy to make Ranko fall in love then assassinate her only for the panda to show up and say it's her time to shine. She really pulled the trigger on revealing her backstory there along with the truth on who ordered her to kill Michiyo.

Who knows when we will hear the full version of Yumechi's The Pure Maid's Killer Kiss.
Dec 8, 2022 9:02 AM

Mar 2020
Big Ranko focused episode this time around, and it works better that way to be honest. While there were some other things I wanted developed, like Nagomi, this works well enough. Suehiro, the guy from last time who had an interest in Ranko, is now a regular at the maid cafe, and asked her on a date. Instantly, I felt that it was a plot against Ton Tokoton and Ranko could be in trouble. I felt like this could have gone a couple ways, Ranko dying, and Nagomi seeking revenge, or perhaps someone would save Ranko. What I didn't expect, was Okachimachi getting a spotlight, and it was about time. Turns out, she was the maid from the first few minutes of Episode 1's flashback. Suehiro might have had good intentions, but Ranko will never know now.

A gut punch there at the end, which I did expect, with the ring flying out, and Ranko will surely plot her revenge against Nagi now.
Dec 8, 2022 9:15 AM

Feb 2022
Dam this episode is really sad man. Best girl Ranko doesn't deserve this sadness.
Dec 8, 2022 9:56 AM
Dec 2021
Stark700 said:
Ranko in that purple outfit. She didn't seem like the type that would go on dates but hey, her friends dressed up her up and ready for a date. The date itself was fine I guess, pretty normal honestly with the zoo watching and stuff. That kiss though! I bet Ranko wasn't ready for that and I'm surprised as well.

She deserved the date this episode imo. Too bad her date got shot later by...Panda.

I'll give her love, and I'll make her happy!
Dec 8, 2022 10:35 AM
Oct 2021
A more emotional and background heavy episode in this crazy over the top anime.
It's good that they did make an episode like this because it brings more depth to an interesting theme.
I am very excited to see what the last two episodes will be. Don't forget the little ending scene. It shows some emotions I've not yet seen in Ranko.
Dec 8, 2022 10:36 AM
Oct 2021
AkeZZZ said:
I was right after all about the real identity of Okachimachi. That panda is not an actual panda but it is just a costume. But, what surprised me is she was the one who killed Michiyo.
I've wondered if will she take that panda costume off in the future or not.

Well a few episodes back it was already said that it's not a real panda. However, it was a shock to me to see who was underneath the panda suit all this time.
Dec 8, 2022 10:39 AM
Aug 2022
Ranko was cute in that outfit 😌
Dec 8, 2022 11:12 AM

Apr 2019
In terms of narrative, this was a great cinema-like episode and I really enjoyed how the embraced the tragic for Ranko’s arc. The smalls details like such a tough character hiding in the water drops of the rain to cry and the fact that she didn't take the gun as we could have thought she did so she was going there accepting the possibility of dying made this a great episode in the anime. And now she is on rage mode.
Dec 8, 2022 11:20 AM
Jan 2015
This switches back and forth between dark comedy and legit drama pretty marvellously. Incredible show.
Dec 8, 2022 11:39 AM
Sep 2011
I can't belive how entertaining this anime turned out to be
Dec 8, 2022 11:52 AM

Nov 2016
I enjoyed this episode even tho I knew it was a hopeless "romance" to begin with.

Pandas before watching anime

Pandas for a weeb

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 8, 2022 12:23 PM

Feb 2021
This was honestly one of the best episodes so far, and nothing of the usual craziness even happened on it.
Dec 8, 2022 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
If Ranko not your best MC you need electroshock treatment ;)
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 8, 2022 1:22 PM
May 2020
Just goes to show you that an original series can be over the top,
smart and true if the production team takes the time to create the story.
Dec 8, 2022 1:28 PM
Mar 2021
total 360° Twist & Turns <<don't forget to watch end credit scene in ep. 10>>💜🌬
Dec 8, 2022 2:14 PM

Feb 2019
RANKO EPISODE LETS FUCKING GOOO. Best girl gets the best episode. Really saw her come out of her emotionless shell today. But also some growth. I think ranko from episode 1 kills panda in that situation tbh. Things are only gonna get crazier now that she knows who killed the manager. Nagi’s been pulling strings the whole time, can’t wait to see her go down.

The saddest part is that dude actually was in love with ranko and wanted to be with her :/ cruel fate.
Marinate1016Dec 8, 2022 2:18 PM
Dec 8, 2022 2:21 PM

Jul 2022
Ranko be looking super professional in that outfit
Kek

Dec 8, 2022 2:22 PM
Jan 2019
Best episode yet/favourite. I was so hyped for ranko but obviously knew something fucked would happen... LIKE FUCK OFF! Ranko was finally gonna be happy with Suehiro who wasnt gonna harm her, i just knew it AND TO SHOW US AT THE END THAT HE WAS GONNA FUCKING PROPOSE! it's actually evil. I hope ranko tells the others she kissed him and that he was murdered... Fuck. RIP. Hyped to see her kill the whole maid group tho
Dec 8, 2022 2:49 PM
Feb 2021
that after credit scene should've stayed in the notes (pls it's just unfair)
Dec 8, 2022 3:04 PM
Jun 2020
Lowkey this show is on another level. It has gone through so many tone shifts and it pulls it off so well. The show is coming together and has good build up for the finale this show is down right amazing
Dec 8, 2022 3:18 PM

Nov 2021
Wow that last scene was actually heartbreaking. I can see Ranko getting revenge on Nagi by the finale.
Dec 8, 2022 3:24 PM
Dec 2020
Damn it, I want to speculate on what actually happened in this episode so much, but I don't want to ruin the surprise if I happen to be right.

In any case, as a noir fan I love it every time anime dips its toes into the genre and does it right. Just like Hitagi End is my favourite Monogatari arc, I think this is my favourite AMS episode so far.
Dec 8, 2022 3:38 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I guess Mr. Suehiro was going to die sooner or later now having openly opposed the Creatureland group by refusing to kill Ranko. But still... did panda really have to kill him right there? She was doing it to spare Ranko the pain of doing it herself, but did Ranko really believe everything that Panda said, and went out with no other intention than to kill Suehiro? Because to me it seemed like Ranko did have some hope in that Suehiro's affection toward her was genuine; which it was.

The only thing we know for sure is that the head of Creatureland, Nagi, does indeed want Ranko dead. In that case, panda's story does check out, as Nagi obviously wouldn't want Ranko to find out that she was the one who ordered the hit on their old boss (with the intention of moving up and eventually becoming the head of the whole group). While it all makes sense with Nagi being the one pulling all the strings to secure her position as the head, I don't think we can take panda's story at full face value just yet. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I think it's weird how panda was the one directly responsible for making Ranko's life devoid of happiness on two separate occasions: when she killed their old boss (Michiyo, was it?), and here, where she kills Suehiro. If Nagi's the only one to take down, that's fine. But if there's more to the story and panda isn't completely innocent either, then all the better.

Although now that I think of it, it all really does check out. Even if panda is manipulating Ranko in a way to get revenge on Nagi, panda really is nothing more than a victim to Nagi's schemes. The only thing I can't get over is why panda had to kill Suehiro right then and there. Maybe I'm breathing in too much of that copium, but I still do think Ranko didn't go out there to kill Suehiro; rather, again, to see if his feelings toward her were real. If not, one of them would die. If they were real, then, Ranko would've probably experience happiness like she never had before- and panda just robbed her of that.

Maybe that's why they show the ring at the end, not just to confirm to the audience that Suehiro truly loved Ranko, but for panda to see it as well. Panda naturally assumed that Suehiro was playing Ranko like he did her years ago, and never would've think that he actually developed feelings for Ranko. Now after seeing the ring, a sign of his genuine affection for Ranko, panda probably will continue to live her life in guilt and shame, knowing that she alone took away the chance for Ranko to have a peaceful, happy life, and has turned her into a killer once again.

Although wtf, everyone in this show are killers anyway. Panda probably shouldn't feel bad at all. Still, it's tragic whatever way you look at it, and I love it. I hope the remaining two episodes are both solely dedicated to Ranko vs. Nagi, or whoever. They start out this show with Michiyo's assassination, so it is fitting to end it all with Ranko seeking justice for her.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 8, 2022 4:03 PM
May 2022
Only the heavens knew I was right, but let me jot down my personal theories that were confirmed today:

• They will unveil something about Okachimachi
• Michiyo is not the Panda, but actually a former rival maid who killed her off on a whim.
• It's a shared one from a MAL user: Uzuko plotted on the assassination to take over the maid industry through violence, judging from her seconds late coming out of the limosene. (Like we would instantly jump into saving her in a nick of time through our instincts and NOT LETTING HER DIE!)

I know it was too good to be true that Suehiro is Okachimachi, but it would give it a sad violin playing in the background.

Seems weird everyone at Tontokoton were absent at the last minute scene. Could they be kidnapped or possibly went to the Creatureland Group, knowing they are bad news for real after taking the crown as Lady Omoe.

2 episodes to go and Buddy Daddies will take on the spotlight. Sad it's ending, but it is what it is.
StarryFruittyDec 8, 2022 4:11 PM
Dec 8, 2022 4:05 PM
May 2022
🐼My fellow people, we just figured out Blue's Clues!🐶🐾
Dec 8, 2022 4:07 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was FLAWLESS!!! Holy shit the amount of different twists during this episode was insane.

Ranko was actually going to go with him????

Damn my man bought the Ring and everything....fucking PAIN!!!!

We all knew someone was in the panda suit....but for it to me Ranko's head maid killer...wild. SO unexpected.

I felt like the art and animation were insanely good this episode. Honestly above and beyond.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 8, 2022 4:09 PM
May 2022
Though I would expect Uzuko will kill him off, I always have second to multiple choices in which case, Okachimachi shot him to death to avenge Michiyo and make up for her past mistakes.
Dec 8, 2022 4:16 PM
May 2022
Sorry Suehiro, but Ranko will outright reject you on the spot after knowing your shady agenda. Okachimachi made her choice to slaughter you out of vengeance.
Dec 8, 2022 4:26 PM
May 2022
First off, I feel sorry for Suehiro now that he found his genuine love on Ranko. But chances are, it will always end badly. Wish he could have been the Panda and be an acting father of Nagomi; while confessing all of his actions and infatuation after getting killed by Uzuko. (You know the similar scene between Nagomi and Nerula)
Dec 8, 2022 4:31 PM

Sep 2020
I was right about the person inside the panda costume but basolutely wrong about Suehiro's true identity.
The last two episodes are going to bonkers!
StarryFruitty said:
Sorry Suehiro, but Ranko will outright reject you on the spot after knowing your shady agenda. Okachimachi made her choice to slaughter you out of vengeance.

You gotta be joking because Ranko leaving the revolver in her locker confirmed that she was dead set on eloping with him.
Dec 8, 2022 4:32 PM
May 2022
Surprisingly, Okachimachi is voiced by none other than Haruhi Suzumiya. Out of all the seiyuus the staff have in their palms, they give it to a powerful deity of Kyoani.
Dec 8, 2022 4:33 PM
May 2022
Avvenirista said:
I was right about the person inside the panda costume but basolutely wrong about Suehiro's true identity.
StarryFruitty said:

You gotta be joking because Ranko leaving the revolver in her locker confirmed that she was dead set on eloping with him.

Hope you were right about that. But what it will take to forgive him then, if you were in Ranko's shoes?🤔
Dec 8, 2022 4:39 PM
May 2022
Remember back in episode about the maid teahouse? My personal theories were confirmed Tontokoton rented the same spot after 15 years of the assault.
Dec 8, 2022 4:42 PM

Sep 2020
StarryFruitty said:
Avvenirista said:

Hope you were right about that. But what it will take to forgive him then, if you were in Ranko's shoes?🤔

First, she didn't kill Panda so we know that Ranko is not that vengeful/spiteful of a maid (just very violent from time to time), and second, Suehiro never tried to harm her in any way so I'm sure she would've confronted him normally and rationally.
Now, with Nagi the story is different: she tried to kill her and manipulate her several times so the gloves are fully off for their confrontation.
Dec 8, 2022 4:45 PM
May 2022
For what I have seen today, the maids either possess grey morality or they are straight up serial killers except for Nagomi.

I can tell everyone is going to die at the end.
Dec 8, 2022 4:50 PM
Feb 2019
Heartbreaking, absolutely destroyed me.
Dec 8, 2022 4:51 PM
May 2022
Avvenirista said:
StarryFruitty said:

First, she didn't kill Panda so we know that Ranko is not that vengeful/spiteful of a maid (just very violent from time to time), and second, Suehiro never tried to harm her in any way so I'm sure she would've confronted him normally and rationally.
Now, with Nagi the story is different: she tried to kill her and manipulate her several times so the gloves are fully off for their confrontation.

It's probably in the past, now that Suehiro changed for the better. By the way, if Ranko dies after decapitating Uzuko all while the building is on fire, she'll probably reunite with him in the afterlife. Who knows?
Dec 8, 2022 4:58 PM
May 2022
My shipping senses aligned more on Ranko x Zoya, but after watching episode 10, I wish Suehiro could have been Okachimachi from the start. Imagine he was the one giving Ranko a massage after the match at ep 3 and switching between his roles.
Dec 8, 2022 4:59 PM

Sep 2020
StarryFruitty said:
Avvenirista said:

It's probably in the past, now that Suehiro changed for the better. By the way, if Ranko dies after decapitating Uzuko all while the building is on fire, she'll probably reunite with him in the afterlife. Who knows?

I am convinced that all the main characters will survive.
Ranko will ''disappear'' from Akiba after taking down Nagi.
Dec 8, 2022 5:08 PM
Nov 2016
Nagi done pissed off the WRONG bitch!!!

The streets of Akiba will run red with the blood of those who wronged Ranko...to call it a bloodbath would be a MASSIVE understatement!
Dec 8, 2022 5:11 PM
May 2022
Avvenirista said:
StarryFruitty said:

I am convinced that all the main characters will survive.
Ranko will ''disappear'' from Akiba after taking down Nagi.

Hmmm...we'll see. Someone also theorized everyone but Ranko died and I thought it will be on reverse instead.

Just remember that not everyone in the show is safe from Grim Reaper unless Misfortune Devil averts it.😬
Dec 8, 2022 5:18 PM

Aug 2020
Suddenly Ranko's outfit and mood in the ending makes more sense than ever...

Dec 8, 2022 5:19 PM

Sep 2009
What's with Cygames getting veteran seiyuus for odd roles. First Kotono Mitsuishi for legendary Tae Yamada and now they dug freaking Aya Hirano somethere to voice Okachimachi.

And, once again we got drama based on yakuza movies (and this type of crime movies in general). I feel bad for Ranko.
Dec 8, 2022 5:54 PM
May 2022
I knew the panda is the former maid who gunned down Michiyo, but can't help but feeling regret even if I got my theories right.

Perhaps getting one of my answers wrong will make me feel okay than acing them until you are empty.

A wise man from a masterpiece once told:

"There's a benefit to losing, you get to learn from your mistakes."
StarryFruittyDec 8, 2022 5:57 PM
Dec 8, 2022 6:12 PM
Oct 2020
I wish Ranko and Suehiro could've had a happy ending.
Dec 8, 2022 6:16 PM

Apr 2015
That twist ending was pretty nice.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2022

324 by 28012001 »»
Jun 15, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2022

176 by Muow »»
Jun 13, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2022

131 by Muow »»
Jun 11, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

eplipswich - Oct 13, 2022

174 by Muow »»
Jun 10, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2022

394 by Muow »»
Jun 10, 4:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.