Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jul 5, 2020 5:50 AM

Sep 2009
This episode is like the going down part of the roller coaster and it just ended...
Jul 6, 2020 1:21 AM

Oct 2017
I put off finishing this Anime for 3 weeks now, and finally got around to finishing it. I noticed the score dropped significantly in the last few weeks from 7.8? to 7.2, so I was expecting the worst. As I thought Episode 12, completely ruined it everything. From the beginning of episode 12 it seemed something was off, and I had already started believing Rikuo and Shinako would break up, and I was right. This show did a complete 180, during this last episode and went to shit. Hope I never have to see something as terrible as this again.
Jul 6, 2020 1:42 AM
May 2017
Idk man this sht is just fucked up real bad, is this some domekano things? What an awful episode....
Jul 7, 2020 3:14 AM

Sep 2015
Rushing is already bad but coupled with a happily ever after ending is just a recipe for disaster.

Why don't they just do the breakup and show the characters continuing their lives? Then do a 'Just Because' time-skip ending where they coincidentally see each other after some time or anything else instead of this BS last-minute confession?

There's a reason why Tsuki ga Kirei didn't get a 10/10 from me. It's because of its ending montage and now it's here again.

Story/scriptwriters have to stop writing a conclusive story that tries to please the crowd. Write a genuine story that can be remembered for eternity.

People dislike 5cm/s but it's still a discussion after more than 10 years. Why? Because the messages are powerful enough to remain in the viewer's memory.

It seems like a new trend that a slow-paced very realistic anime suddenly turns into a rushed happy ending, which IMHO, is not realistic at all. Begone happily ever after just for the sake of it.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Jul 7, 2020 8:57 AM

May 2018
I should have just watched the first and last episode. The other episodes were a waste of time... Poor Rou.

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Jul 8, 2020 4:37 AM

Oct 2010
Happy with the Haru ending, but I have so many questions. Ive heard that this was originally 18 episodes, makes sense because I felt that it was rushed/incomplete. oh well.
Jul 10, 2020 1:40 PM
Jun 2016
I just really eished that the last episodes didn't exist, ever since shinako and uozomi got in a relationship it became so half assed and annoying and in the episode 12 it peaked and wtf just happened? It's not like i dont support haru and uozomi but they can do better build up than that and rou and shinako ship is really shit as shinako only felt conscious 1 time with rou and they forced him to be the reason of the breakup idk man i really don't feel it, i just got high hopes from the beginning episodes but it really came out as indescribable and questionnable ending.
Jul 12, 2020 12:37 AM
Apr 2020
So Shinako X Rikuo will be friends again then a sudden turning of the table to Rikuo X Haru for Rou's sake be like:

3/5
Jul 12, 2020 10:20 AM

Feb 2014
This was an endless circle of boring and irritating melodrama until the last episode where things had a rushed development regarding their relationships.

I can´t believe this was meant to be 18 episodes. Thank goodness it wasnt because half of these 12 episodes were all pointless and just going on in circle.

Shinako x Rikuo relationship was very irritating. They were always contradicting themselves, specially Shinako.

The only character I liked was Haru

5/10 probably 4/10 due to how messed all of this was and for Rikuo being dumb or playing dumb and bashing Haru countless times.
TechOtakuJul 12, 2020 10:33 AM
Jul 13, 2020 4:59 AM

Jul 2009
Another disappointment in this season...it was so rushed, like out of nowhere he decided he was in love with Haru, his relationship with Shinako was clear was doomed, but the development is missing here...it would be better if they all ended alone. 6/10
Jul 13, 2020 11:36 PM

Jun 2009
Yep, this turned out to be quite shitty. And this awful ending was the icing on the cake. 5/10 from me. It's a shame, I had some expectations for this.
Jul 14, 2020 4:22 AM

May 2012
I'm in Shinako Team, I do like Rikou be with Shinako more than Haru. The relationship of Rikou and Shinako still developing and then they sudden broke up for 3 to 4 months almost same length as his ex Chika.

Shinako's problem is her indecisive which she broke up her relationship with Rikou and don't to be alone. She stay with Rikou even if as very close friend (more than a friend and least than lover) become love rival and friend to Haru.

I don't like Shinako to see Rou as a man, I do like her to see him as brother nothing more than that.

Anyway, overall I like the ending but not enough, I like see what will happen to Shinako. I don't want her be same as Ruri and Ayase in Oreimo.
Jul 14, 2020 3:37 PM

Apr 2018
Score:5 or 4/10
I felt like I waste my time because most of the time I didn't care for the characters and I don't found these characters relatable that's another why I didn't enjoy the show and found it boring and dull despite the realistic approach
ArshjJul 14, 2020 3:42 PM
Jul 14, 2020 7:10 PM

Oct 2015
lol look at the poll, I thought the team Haru was the biggest.
everything changed in the last ep, that was kinda weird.
okay...
Jul 15, 2020 5:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
YES !!!! best ending possible, Haru was definitely the best girl, I know this episode was totally rushed but I don't care because Haru won.
Jul 16, 2020 6:14 AM

Jun 2009
Ashhk said:
Haru was definitely the best girl

Of course she was but she deserved someone WAY better than that loser Rikuo. She gave Shinako so much shit for keeping Rikuo as a backup (and rightfully so) but now she doesn't realize or care that SHE is the backup that Rikuo kept all along. Seriously, Haru is the one person who got by far the shortest end of the stick in all of this. It's the main reason why I really hated this final episode. Because it shits all over Haru more than anyone else.
grandy_UiDJul 16, 2020 6:21 AM
Jul 16, 2020 6:17 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
grandy_UiD said:
Ashhk said:
Haru was definitely the best girl

Of course she was but she deserved someone WAY better than that loser Rikuo.
Indeed but Rikuo was the only possible choice for her in this anime unfortunately.
Jul 16, 2020 6:20 AM

Jun 2009
Ashhk said:
grandy_UiD said:

Of course she was but she deserved someone WAY better than that loser Rikuo.
Indeed but Rikuo was the only possible choice for her in this anime unfortunately.

I genuinely believe that Haru ending up with no one would still have been a much better outcome.
Jul 16, 2020 6:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
grandy_UiD said:
Ashhk said:

I genuinely believe that Haru ending up with no one would still have been a much better outcome.
But she loved him, see how she was happy at the end, she just would have stayed depressed if she ended up alone.
Jul 24, 2020 1:28 AM
Mar 2019
Does anyone else feel midled by Shinako's actions? Firstly, she's always said how she only saw Rou like a younger brother. The ending suggests they become a couple? She's a high school teacher and 4-5 years older than him too. Im disappointed Rikuo and Shinako didn't work out but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that Shinako and Rou seemingly become a thing. It really goes against everything we've seen of her up until the ending.
Jul 24, 2020 4:09 AM
Feb 2020
I don't like the main guy.
Haru is the only I actually like
Jul 28, 2020 10:00 PM
Dec 2017
this anime could be a little rushed, but this ep was pretty cool

i like how Rikuo evolved with Shinako, and his conversation with himself was so cool

i think they should have done more 1 episode.

btw, the firsts episodes was more cool than the ending ones
Jul 28, 2020 10:00 PM
Dec 2017
this anime could be a little rushed, but this ep was pretty cool

i like how Rikuo evolved with Shinako, and his conversation with himself was so cool

i think they should have done more 1 episode.

btw, the firsts episodes was more cool than the ending ones
Jul 30, 2020 5:46 PM

Oct 2008
what just happen? 180 degrees!?
Who would have thought Team Haru would have a chance!?!
did they just ditched Team Shinako x Rikuo!?
4/5.
7/10.

Aug 3, 2020 4:26 AM
Nov 2018
The main couple was fine it's clear they liked each other, why the hell would you break everything in the last episode
Aug 7, 2020 11:33 AM

Feb 2014
Anyone else think Shinako looks like the woman from Garden of words?
Aug 11, 2020 7:50 PM

Mar 2013
This image comes to mind

I guess I'll have to read the manga
Aug 15, 2020 1:41 AM
Jul 2009
so is anyone going to sing yesterday or what
Aug 15, 2020 7:42 AM
Aug 2020
I couldn't say much about this anime. Character development just so so. And whats with those repeat conflicts? Frustrating..

But at least i am happy for Haru in this episode.. Hope shes happy
Aug 18, 2020 7:33 AM
Jul 2018
this sol was extremely heavy and overall ailing for me to watch, personally. despite its 'happy', i dare to say, ending, every episode conveyed much more than just feelings. you have those type of sobbing animes, well it wasn't the case for me with this one, i didn't cry, but i did feel a tremendous amount of pain, of unfairness, of selfishness, of anguish, just .. sadness.
it's way too real, way too… and that's what made it such a good piece of art. forget the actual art, forget that the bare minimum was achieved, forget complexity- this was real.
the ending on its own was soul-pleasing, so rooting for Haru didn't feel like a whole waste.
satisfied to have witnessed feelings unfolding, vulnerability, honesty, sensitivity emerging in the main characters' personalities. very beautiful. if people were more like that, this world would know a huge change.
the slow pace, lack of background music, and down to earth scenario's- they did a good job.

very pleased watcher here ∩(︶▽︶)∩
Aug 18, 2020 3:35 PM
Dec 2014
Can't believe the second lead (haru) actually got the guy. She deserves better lets be honest.

The reason she fell in love with him as well was a load of bs.

Aug 19, 2020 1:25 PM
Jul 2016
As rushed and unnatural as the ending did feel at least he ended up with haru. I do wish they would have given it more time to process but thank goddess shinako is no more.
Aug 20, 2020 8:27 AM
Jul 2013
Aah, the beautifully made show, where nothing really happens.
Briiliant music and animation plus 90s setting gave it a special charm, but it's not enough.
ED1>ED2>>>>>>>>>>ED3
I knew Rikuo and Shinako would fall apart and I'm glad they did.
Haru deserves better, Rikuo said that himself, so I hope she eventually dumps him.

Honorable mention to Rikuo's ex.

EDIT:
in the end nobody sang “Yesterday”, I am disappointed.
One thought around the show, I found all the comments related to time setting a bit
funny, but also frightening at the same time. There are people among us, some already grown up, who never had a chance to experience “the analog world” of 20th century. It makes me feel I’m one of the old breed.
Old? We’re not even out of our twenties.
matheoo41Sep 1, 2020 4:10 PM
Aug 21, 2020 7:04 AM

Jul 2015
What a bad and rushed way to end this for an otherwise great series. I can understand Rikuo and Shinako breaking up because things didn't workout the way they expected (kinda disappointed since I was on the Rikuo x Shinako ship) but them hooking up with the others feels a bit abrupt. The relation between Rikuo and Haru needs more episodes to develop but Shinako wanting to see Rou differently feels like an asspull to me.

Worst of all nobody was singing 'Yesterday' not even best crow Kansuke

Aug 22, 2020 6:52 AM

Feb 2018
The anime was full of idiots, but at least he chose Haru
What a bad and rushed ending ngl

Aug 29, 2020 7:08 AM
Sep 2019
One of the most infuriating show I've watched. I was rooting for Haru in the beginning but they kept shoving Shinako down my throat and actually developed her character even more than Haru so I kinda end up liking her more too

And then the anime just decides to slap me instead with Haru x Rikou ending anyway that is so undeserved. They barely interacted throughout the whole s

The biggest dump was Shinako going out anyway with Rou, which she considered just a little brother figure for the most part of the show

WTF

(the best character of the show was Rikou's Ex. She deserves her own show more than these idiots that we got)
Sep 14, 2020 11:49 PM

Oct 2008
I'm glad it ended with Rikuo getting together with Haru. I couldn't stand Shinako with how she just leeched him for emotional support and tried to keep him in orbit the whole series even after they broke up. Rikuo isn't faultless either, why stay in orbit when there is someone else who is showering you with affection.
Sep 20, 2020 2:01 PM

Jun 2013
The setting and music is nice. The characters were also likeable initially as they had similar issues.

But they really rushed the last few episodes. The relationship dynamics felt superficial and forced for the most part. It just wasn't deep and emotional as it intended to be. And I think part of the problem lies with how the characters are written.

I found Shinnako's character quite irritating mostly because she pretends she wants to move on but keeps acting like her dead boyfriend's widow with some obligations towards his family. This is exactly why that obnoxious brat Rou keeps trying to force her to like him because she doesn't out right reject him. At least both Rikuo and Haru are mature in that sense. But one thing that didn't make much sense is Haru's attraction towards Rikuo without even knowing him and why she waited so many years to talk to him?
Sep 23, 2020 1:33 AM

May 2009
I don't get why MAL is THIS MUCH butthurt about ending. Being rushed as fuck was bound to happen when it turned out 6 additional episodes were few minutes shorts that aired online after some episodes. I also don't get why is MAL so into this boring doormat Shinako. She is incapable of moving on from death guy. Manga skipped like a year of Rikuo and her dating and she still could put past behind and kiss him, even once.
Rod_Russ said:
Why Beatles's Yesterday after all?

It's not. It's different song originally by RC Succesion
bastek66Sep 23, 2020 1:39 AM
Oct 6, 2020 10:32 AM
Jun 2014
Happy it didn't end like Just Because
Oct 12, 2020 3:00 PM
Sep 2013
Honestly, I finished the anime today and I could tell from a couple of episodes before that it was giving hints for this end, but i was trying to ignore them and imagine a more stable and decent ending. Breaking down the anime is something that everyone did in a detail so I wont do that. I just wanted to say that when I firstly decided to start the anime it was because it was a story about adults who finished highschool and has just finished university meaning that they were about to enter the "real world" and hardships. I expected to see how they find their careers which is something that the show presented with rikuo, but when it came to love i expected something more mature, yet it was even worse than teenage romance story cliche anime shows. I loved kana's voice and shinako as a characters and the rest were created nice overall with interesting clothes and physical traits. However, even though the story had potential to show something different than just some teenage love but a good mature love and growing up. In the end it was for the dogs. I regret watching this anime, it was waste of time and the whole unsureness about everything that the characters portrayed, made me feel uneasy. Its a shame because the graphics and the music were kinda unique or at least different than average so i was expecting a little more depth for some reason.
WascrewOct 12, 2020 3:04 PM
Oct 16, 2020 7:11 AM

Dec 2016
since its the last episode i'll just write everything's in my mind right now.

i really liked this show in the first 7 episodes, all the characters were confused but i thought it didn't matter, i thought they were going to think and change, but that never happenned (except for the last episode).

i dont know how good the adaptation from the manga is, but my opinion is that it needed more than 12 episodes to explore more of the plot. maybe i'm crazy but i really think the characters are really nice, but i really deslike the lack of character development.

you know, rikuo didn't give a fck about haru for the entire series, he was so obsessed with shinako and when they are finally dating, both idiots noticed that they are what? yeah, dumbasses. and then they just break up and in an instant, boom. both rikuo and shinako are dating the person that they really like. what.

not gonna talk about shinako and the crybaby. they are so unbearable wtf.

why does this show doesn't have 13 episodes? this last episode could be sooooo better man...

still, i liked it. i don't know why i like this kind of stuff. i must be a dumbass too.
Oct 20, 2020 12:39 AM
May 2020
Wow absolutely boring, and a waste of time just to have a bad ending. This seems really rushed😐
Oct 24, 2020 3:59 PM

Oct 2009
I don't buy that a sane person would drop Uozumi for that brat of a little brother, actually, I don't really see the reason why Uozumi and Shinako broke up with each other. IMO they both can keep their relationship and the relationship with Haru and the little bro. I get that Uozumi thinks that he does not really love Shinako but that guy dated her for months and patiently held back with skinship. Even if his love dried out a but during that process. If Shinako opened up to him, that love would be rekindled immediately.
I do think this is a very fitting Seinen anime, the long-windedness was a bit tiring but it somehow fit.
Oct 25, 2020 2:43 PM

Aug 2013
Is this as bad as the top reviews make it out to be? Holy shit it's been a while since I've seen this much salt.
Dec 3, 2020 2:25 PM

Apr 2012
Liked the cast, the art and the chara design, and while the first half of the series was decent the second half dragged on too much, in hindsight it makes sense to illustrate Shinako and Rikuo's relationship going nowhere, but idk, for a drama that felt unusual to have so few plot twists.
Dec 18, 2020 9:28 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah.. Till the end Shinako and Rikuo are someone I don't like, I guess.. Poor Haru ends up with this man, I'd even say, lol..
In the end.. Really hard to rate anime.. I liked episodes 1, 5 and 6 a lot.. I liked Haru a lot.. I liked 2 side characters a lot - Minato and Chika.. As well as I liked a lot of some topics touched in this anime, but it mostly happened in episodes I named.. But I also didn't like Shinako and Rikuo.. And there were focus on them on the most left episodes.. So it's kinda eh.. In the end, it's really hard to rate anime, to be honest.. Are some memorable, but really important memories - enough for this anime to even make it a 10?.. Or I could say it was a meh anime, because I didn't like majority of it?.. It's not also case of just weighting pluses and minuses, because really not every anime gives such good moments, to be honest, which were enjoyable.. So yeah.. With all of these feelings, and memories of episodes 1, 5 and 6 is what I leave this anime with, I guess.. I'll probably rerate it in the future..
Dec 26, 2020 11:54 PM
Dec 2020
Where do I start...

Overall, I find the anime acceptable and worth the watch. But, with that said, there ALOT of issues.

Some of my biggest issues with the show come from randomly inserted characters that did not help the story move forward. Specifically Minato and Yuzuhara... like, why bring back his ex gf and literally take her out an episode later, same thing with Minato who has the courage to confess for no apparent reason to just disappear. A complete and poor use of secondary characters that with their small time didn’t steer the story anywhere, no confusion or doubt from main characters, absolutely useless.

Following up, they decided to make Rou meet Haru while in his extra classes, she gave him milk, he got interested, next time she went he stared and was intrigued, then... NOTHING; all a complete waste of screen time with 0 point.

Now, let’s get to the characters themselves.
Haru, as mentioned above is basically a stalker, just fell “love” for no apparent reason, she’s a like able character and while I was glad she found happiness, I’m not sure how forced it felt.

Rikou was a great character throughout, my only issue was his lack of character, acting like he cared about Shinako, yet allowing Rou to keep hurting her, even while dating he lacked the drive to actually act on his feelings. Besides a few things I think he was fine.

Shinako... such an annoying character; She is suffering from something that happened years ago, and wants to move forward yet continues to associate herself with the situation that cause her the most pain. She knows that she does not like Rou like a partner, however him reminding her of her lost love keeps attracting her back. She acts like an infant, even though she’s a teacher and can’t even control or teach 1 kid.

Rou, by far my least favorite character, not because of how he was written but because the writer allows his child esa to be rewarded.
He acts selfishly, constantly confusing “loving” Shinako for obsessing over her. From my perspective, he has manipulated Shinako since the moment he appears, constantly aiming at making her feel bad, knowing what makes her suffer, additionally he takes advantage of that to gain from it, which apparently he does. I feel like both him and Shinako fail to realize how destructive their “childhood friendship” really is, he’s possessive and selfish towards her, major points that would push any woman away, yet somehow he achieves what he wanted by acting that way. I really hate how he was rewarded for acting as such.

All in all, the show was acceptable, the ending was rushed and sloppy but at least we get some sort of closure for rikou.
I do with we could’ve seen Shinako move forward and break from the spell that binds her and the little punk Rou who selfishly hold her down.
Dec 27, 2020 12:00 AM
Dec 2020
KANLen09 said:
Well, lots of feelings developed this episode.

For Shinako, evading the problem JUST DOESN'T WORK. Still as indecsisve as ever to protect those she holds dear...espeically to Rou, whom has been misjudging all along and his feelings being played at. A screwed-up character then, and certainty a screw-up character now.

Rikuo and Shinako's conversation though, it felt like nostalgic old times, but that love wasn't as straight as it was meant to be. Both sides hurting the friends they love (Rou and Haru, and going for the other). But at least they closed the distance between each other as friends, not as love interests.

In the end, Rikuo chooses to go after Haru, for a lack of a better person to accept someone to love, a selfish request. Welp, he deserved that punch though. And the "kiss" from Haru to Rikuo pretty much confirms that.

What a bad ending (f you can call this an "ending") suffice to say. Kinda wished that the 18 episodes mentioned were full proper episodes instead of chugging in extras, that can be done separately. What a misled statement which disappointed me the most.

I 100% agree with you, my biggest issue was the Shinako line, her choosing to go back to the kid just out of pity was so so bad, I do believe that Rou is the one playing with her feelings, using her kindness to accomplish what he wants and constantly making her feel bad so she can stay. I understand it’s the drama, but holy crap it makes 0 sense for her to go to him, she didn’t once show interest in him besides as a friend, and suddenly they insinuate she will stick with him. Just sloppy writing IMO
Dec 27, 2020 12:52 PM

Feb 2019
Garbage ending.

Its clear to me that the so-called adults don't yet know who they are, what they want, how to feel, or how to express themselves. It was a good idea to stay friends as I couldn't see how a relationship could develop romantically between such people. They need to mature themselves more.

Haru is annoying and has nothing to her other than showing up peppy. Of course the shallow person Rikuo is would "love" her because she's annoying as he says. And what does Haru "love" about a guy she only ever saw in passing? What does Rou hope to hold on to other HIS desire to hold on to the past, just as Shinko is?

Its just so boring. Glad they fleshed pit their emotions a bit more but this was a lukewarm anime.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» This ruined my day. (It's ended so contains spoilers till ep-12)

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Aug 1

13 by BeardedSol »»
Aug 3, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zyjJanApr - May 9, 2020

150 by SadMeat »»
Jan 29, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

160 by Stargurll02 »»
Jan 6, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

123 by komikvalentine »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

204 by littlebiglyon »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.