Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 3, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Reg needs to be careful. There's dangerous creatures and people in that world especially in this episode.

Solid episode though. I like the way they showed Mitty's relationship with others even if he's so different. Her human form has a lot of charm and brings positive energy to the show.
Aug 3, 2022 6:59 AM

Jan 2015
The soundtracks were amazing this week! Sasuga Kevin Penkin.

We get another thrilling episode with some unexpected meeting.
First we have Reg meeting Faputa’s Interference Unit. It can actually talk! Of course getting answers wouldn’t have been that easily. Seems like it still is not time for Reg to know who he actually is, but we got some hints at least. Interesting.

Riko and Maa departs to the bottoms of the village, where we find Vueko! She’s alive. I wonder what’s happened to her since she was imprisoned. Riko doesn’t care if she’s a bad person or not, she frees her!

And of course, we get back Nanachi and Mitty. I hope Riko can find a way to save both of them, although Belaf is not making things easy for her…

Bondrewd keeps being the Bondrewd we know.
Aug 3, 2022 7:47 AM

Apr 2016

Still, nice to see the guardian, always liked its design, and the VA only adds to its imposing aura, Belaf also has a sick design. And good for Nanachi, meeting Mitty again.
Aug 3, 2022 7:56 AM

Oct 2017
So that's how Mitty's here,

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KarinaraAug 4, 2022 9:36 AM
Aug 3, 2022 7:58 AM

May 2020
so it's not the original
also, I feel so bad for nanachi
and another cliffhanger ending????

Aug 3, 2022 8:02 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Nanachi. :(

That cliffhanger. It's time to choose.

SerafosMay 22, 9:24 PM
Aug 3, 2022 8:20 AM

Oct 2018
Don't make me suffer in the next episode, that's all I ask.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Aug 3, 2022 8:25 AM
Dec 2020
Ooohhh boy, this episode was amazing, three different pov’s being shown at once, each with its own crucial set of information. I wonder what will happen at the end?

Also, what would you guys pick?
Both eyes, both legs, of half your organs.
Aug 3, 2022 8:27 AM
Mar 2015
The price is too high
Aug 3, 2022 8:37 AM

Jun 2016
damnn vuelo is sexy and hot !!

Aug 3, 2022 8:43 AM
Oct 2019
Copy of Mitty?
Bondrewd really something else.

Vuelo is the girl in the past from first episode right?
Holy shit how long has she been down here, I'm so curious...
Aug 3, 2022 8:45 AM

May 2021
Dude this show feels like it’s designed just to mess with my head.

They introduce new bizarre things, explain as little as possible, then leave me on a cliffhanger. It’s actually quite frustrating.

But hey, at least things are starting to come together. It’s making slightly more sense, and getting more interesting. Though, I’m just waiting for them to pack up then head to the next layer. I don’t see any reason for them to stall so much here. But now they’re all separated and selling their souls or whatever. They’ve spent way too much time here. Should’ve just kept walking.
Aug 3, 2022 8:46 AM

Nov 2016
How about my left hand, my right leg, one kidney and my tonsils? Not enough? Ok, you can have my right pinky too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 3, 2022 9:24 AM

Jul 2015
your weekly dose of pain and suffering! lets gooo!

Words cannot describe how much relief I feel when I hear one of these hollow talks.. Especially that robot guy who might be Reg-san nii-san i guess..
I really had expected Vueko to play some role in last few episodes but damn! she got released a bit too early.. and glad to see that she is still the same 'ol shy girl.. (sufferingfromPTSD)

that last scene tho.. the usual "GIVE YOUR BODY PARTS" of Made in Abyss.. it being centered around little kids does not helps in making me stressed..
Aug 3, 2022 9:25 AM

May 2020
Reaching new standards of brutality with each passing episode, though this episode may didn't have much of its share, I bet the next ones will make up for it, not like anyone wants to though.

Also well that negotiation, somehow like a norm in this series.
Aug 3, 2022 9:35 AM
Aug 2015
Is the new girl was simply trapped in the pit or was she the one controlling the balancing system (those black slime thingies)?
Anyway, I know everything is building up slowly..but this episode was too slow..plot didn't advance much, we didn't learn much of what's going on either.

Aug 3, 2022 9:44 AM

Jun 2021
The village uses your desires to capture you and keep you forever? Is that what’s going on? Man, every little detail I learn about this place makes me like it less and less. You’re wrong Vueka, the village sucks!

Right off the bat we got Reg in a pinch. That thing reminds me of a Tallneck from Horizon Zero Dawn but like aggressive and it uses puke as a weapon… gross. I didn’t expect the big “Interference Unit” fella to be able to speak human. So Reg is an Interference Unit and Faputa can make fucked up “charms” to ward off monsters huh? Learning a bit from this big dude.

I really was worried when Riko entered that cave, but I didn’t guess Vueko was gonna be there. I’m curious to know why she got sealed in. I like how Riko was like “are you bad” and then 10 seconds later was like “actually idgaf, take me to my friends” haha. That’s really so like her! Though I’m curious to know why Vueko said she’s “bad”. I didn’t like Maa before but I’m warming to the pink weirdo.

Belaf is a creepy fucker. It took Nanachi and was draining Mitty like a goddamn Caprisun. This freaky discount Onyx looking sonofabitch serious with that offer? Both eyes, legs, half your innards isn’t “being greedy” gtfo of here with that shit! Oh and Belaf’ll do what it can to ensure Riko won’t die? Oh piss off!

Riko’s in a real bind. I wonder how she’s gonna get out of this with Reg outside the village and Nanachi drugged.
Aug 3, 2022 9:50 AM
Jun 2019
That last negotiation at the end. Can you even live without half your innards? I'd like to assume the legs are out of the question so it's gotta be the eyes. *shrug*

It's showing 3 different POV's just make the episode seem so short. Sad times.

Also I thought she was controlling the balancing since she was friends with the things that did it. But apparently she just was imprisoned there.
magicalmagedAug 3, 2022 9:54 AM
Aug 3, 2022 9:52 AM

Sep 2014
What is up with the authors odd fixation on kids? And in this case self inserted by the hollows "I want a human child".

What are they doing with the parts even? Eat it?

I see Mitti got reincarnated? How does that work? I mean do you just say a wish and the balancing thingies do the rest?

Why was the kid beeing kept in that like a prisoner?

Soo many new questions. And Faputa is still around too..

Honestly though beeing stuck in the village without getting any answers is getting boring. S1 had a lot of new places, it felt like an adventure. S2 is more like a detective story instead..

I guess if she magically survives without half her innards thats the best option? Though I kinda guess the new girl will intervene before anything happens.
Comander-07Aug 3, 2022 10:01 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 3, 2022 10:34 AM

Jul 2013
Gotta say I really like Belaf's CGI. Makes him look really eerie and imposing, but beautiful at the same time.
Vueko so cute and awkward despite presumably living for centuries.

Also, best dad appeared even if briefly, so that's a 10/10 episode right there.
Aug 3, 2022 10:43 AM

Feb 2018
These episodes just keep getting better! But more questions now arise. I really want to know how they created the village and the "Hell" that's spoken of, what exactly those black things are that are used in The Balancing, and how they all became like that. I have a feeling something horrible is going to happen.
Aug 3, 2022 10:53 AM

Apr 2018
Vueko's VA is just so relaxing. Her personality is kinda sweet tho, I'm expecting to see more of her soon. Anyway, Mitty's just a copy of the original one and she has to sell both parts of her body in exchange for them both. It was great to see Bondrewd pop on the screen even though it was just a flashback.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 3, 2022 11:07 AM

May 2019
ChunchunmaruZcat said:
Ooohhh boy, this episode was amazing, three different pov’s being shown at once, each with its own crucial set of information. I wonder what will happen at the end?

Also, what would you guys pick?
Both eyes, both legs, of half your organs.

If I had to, it would definitely be my legs. But I would be to scarred to do something anyway
Aug 3, 2022 11:24 AM
Feb 2021
Holy peak that episode was amazing
Aug 3, 2022 11:35 AM

Feb 2019
Been waiting all week for this episode after all the craziness from last week and it delivered

So that is a legit Mitty clone born in that village. I wish nanachi would’ve thought things thru before exchanging herself, such a thoughtless sweetheart. Wondering how riko is going to work her way out of this one. The Belaf hollow form doesn’t really seem anything like the person in the flashbacks, so I really hope we get to see more of the backstory with the village and what exactly happened.

Dying to know what happened with Vueko too to get her imprisoned there. Just how much time has actually passed? She’s grown taller but hasn’t really aged. Need more of her story.
Marinate1016Aug 3, 2022 11:39 AM
Aug 3, 2022 12:01 PM
Sep 2015
Why am I watching this, only to get more depressed? I still can't get over Purushka and now this ... fuck me
Aug 3, 2022 12:03 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
this is insane lol
there is alot that's gonna happen this season I can already feel it.

good luck to reg hope he figures out what he is / his past
Riko has to think about what she's gonna give up :/
gonna be a hard choice!
Aug 3, 2022 12:06 PM

Feb 2022
"Please don't hurt my friend anymore" as a binding contract? As an expert in reality television court law, this is clearly an invalid contract.
Riko needs to find the hollow that wished to be a lawyer, he'd be a particularly slimey one.
Aug 3, 2022 12:21 PM
Sep 2008
Most important thing from this episode is that Bondrewd himself was able to go down to the 6th level despite having trouble straddling levels.
Aug 3, 2022 12:26 PM

Mar 2015
Lmfao Nanachi got scammed.
Aug 3, 2022 12:30 PM

May 2017
I can't believe Nanachi would sell themself without speaking to Riko or Reg first, damn.

Cool episode, not too much creepy shit this time around which I appreciate.
Aug 3, 2022 12:34 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Nanachi sells herself so that the hollow stops absorbing her pet and Reg gets to know a little more about him and Riko finds a girl who knows something about the village through the signs
Aug 3, 2022 12:49 PM
Feb 2021
Kinda thought it was a little underwhelming, maybe that's partly because I'm waiting for something to actually happen and we're almost halfway through the season, I feel like if they don't get their act together by at least next episode it will be a problem. Been liking season so far but just feel it's slow...
Aug 3, 2022 1:06 PM
Jan 2013
think this is my fave episode yet... a lot of things sort of flipped their heads, for example, when they thought the blood/hair mix was threatening but in this other context its actually protective, etc. Vueko being a 'bad person', Maa having done something 'wrong', but both being given a chance to be seen in a different light, esp Maa going thru pain just to stick with Riko. I really love it when stories can highlight how everyone has a different context for their lives and choices... and how your impressions of something aren't ever as impenetrable as people make them.

it was also just satisfying to see each character hit some critical information! i've read the manga so I know what's going to happen, but its exciting just to be at the beginning of the unraveling of this arc.
Aug 3, 2022 1:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great episode but this is so stressful for the current situation regarding Nanatchy that sold themselves to get that (copy) of Mitty but now Riko needs an alternative to buy them back... well I think the only "right" choice would be the two legs because in the other situations you're either blind or probably die at some point but I don't think she'll sell anything and try something else anyway.
Aug 3, 2022 1:20 PM

Jan 2011
i wonder if she can trade that girl they found at the bottom of the cave instead
Aug 3, 2022 1:51 PM

Feb 2014
So the Mitty that we see here is a copy and not the original. Belaf went to great lengths in sacrificing parts of itself in order to satisfy Bondrewd's demands. Crafty bastard, isn't he? Either way, I really can't blame Nanachi for letting her emotions getting the better of her judgement and sold herself in order to acquire Mitty.

Riko has done really well throughout this episode. Not only does she have a decent grasp of the local language of the village, but she and the Maaa creature went underground and found Vueko and rescued her from her own predicament. I do hope we'll get more flashbacks soon that'll explain what truly happened to Vueko's group and what led her to get sealed in the dark caves that she was in. At least she now has clothes to cover up her nude body now. XD

Anyways, Riko now has a very tough choice to make in order to save Mitty and Nanachi, which requires her to sell either her eyes, legs or part of her internal organs. Knowing her, she'll try another option to avoid the three laid out by Belaf or something else will interrupt this negotiation permanently. Once again, this show knows how to end an episode on a juicy cliffhanger time and time again. It's frustrating in a good way, as I'm eager to know what happens next! =)
Aug 3, 2022 2:55 PM

May 2021
One benefit of being a child is that she at least can learn a language quickly. Next episode's probably gonna be very brutal.

Aug 3, 2022 3:01 PM
Oct 2013
If Reg annihilated Mitty then how did Bondrewd bring her into Ilburu with him?
Aug 3, 2022 3:28 PM
Jun 2019
The following are my thoughts on what was said at the beginning: When you think about this level might be the most dangerous one yet, not because of the actual danger, but because it toys with your emotions. This level gives you something of your deepest desire and to beat/leave would mean abandoning what you care for the most. And most people won’t, making it quite dangerous.

A pretty great episode as usual, but it felt pretty short IMO.

We have some information on Reg, and he’s apparently a member of the Interference Unit of his kind.

We meet Vueko, who has been controlling the black goo, and she’s part of the reason Faputa transformed into what she is. At first when she said that she can be freed if you touch the goo and think “come off,” I thought she was tricking Riko into freeing her, and they would just switch places with Riko being the new prisoner. LOL. She still seems pretty sus though.

I wonder how Riko is going to free Nanachi. I can't wait for the next episode.
Joey-XD19202Aug 3, 2022 3:34 PM
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 3, 2022 3:32 PM
Jun 2019
Hyrulia said:

Maybe it was before Mitty and Nanachi escaped? I would think that maybe Bondrewd brought her down there to further test her immortality.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 3, 2022 4:04 PM

May 2012
Bondrewd was in the 6th layer? Am i missing something because from what i remember no one had been down to the 6th because oft he curse.
Aug 3, 2022 4:59 PM

Mar 2019
Even the chill episodes... are far beyond everything else in the Season...

Anime of the Season... already achieved...

Anime of the Year?... thats depends on the people.... saddly.

5/5
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Aug 3, 2022 5:27 PM

Jan 2021
Nah I would dip I would leave Nanachi there it’s not worth the sacrifice these negotiations are messed up it’s sad but she chose this it’s as simple as that
Aug 3, 2022 5:49 PM

Jul 2017
Joey-XD19202 said:
I wonder how Riko is going to free Nanachi.

One way I'm seeing is reversing the Nanachi's trade. He would be able to eat Mitty again and Nanachi would be awake.

Now Riko only needs to say: "This Mitty is a copy. The original is really dead."
Aug 3, 2022 7:43 PM

Jul 2016
Even with nightmare fuel PTSD, Vueko is so cute. Goddammit I'm attached to her character now...

And yeah, Reg apparently discovered what species he belongs to: "Interference Unit".

Also Bondrewd not willing to give his children to strangers -> Best Dad

swordmaster2551 said:
Most important thing from this episode is that Bondrewd himself was able to go down to the 6th level despite having trouble straddling levels.

As far as I remember, Bondrewd can visit other layers as long as he has his cartridges with him.

ghost1994 said:
Bondrewd was in the 6th layer? Am i missing something because from what i remember no one had been down to the 6th because oft he curse.

He most likely had his cartridges with him.

Hyrulia said:

??? Bondrewd visited Iruburu with Mitty before Nanachi decided to escape with her. Mitty even has both of her eyes intact, as shown in the flashback.
Aug 3, 2022 8:09 PM
Mar 2019
Looked like Riko was weighing up whether she could live without any of what was being traded.
You can't.
Aug 3, 2022 9:00 PM

Jul 2008
I doubt Riko is going to go ahead with Belaf’s deal(losing both eyes, legs, or half her innards will hinder her journey).

I’m curious about Vueko, is she still a human? If so, time distortion must be very strong on this layer considering it has been almost 2000 years on the surface since her group reached this place. The fact that she is chained for so long while being human raises more questions though. How does she find food? How does she interact with that darkness creature?
ShanaFlameAug 3, 2022 9:04 PM
Aug 3, 2022 9:34 PM

Dec 2013
i read the manga all in one sitting and the whole "mitty is a copy" thing didn't seem like it was explained very well. so i was hoping that it would be explained a little better with the anime... but nope.

was really surprised we didnt get more three-sages backstory at all in this episode as they were revealed for the cliffhanger for last episode.

vueko was pretty endearing.

Aug 3, 2022 10:36 PM

Mar 2020
KelpRings said:
Dude this show feels like it’s designed just to mess with my head.

They introduce new bizarre things, explain as little as possible, then leave me on a cliffhanger. It’s actually quite frustrating.

But hey, at least things are starting to come together. It’s making slightly more sense, and getting more interesting. Though, I’m just waiting for them to pack up then head to the next layer. I don’t see any reason for them to stall so much here. But now they’re all separated and selling their souls or whatever. They’ve spent way too much time here. Should’ve just kept walking.

should get the whistle and run, they made a mistake when they separated, but it's nanachi's fault. nanachi suggested it while riko was having a shit, and didn't even tell her anything
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

246 by Puncheon »»
May 29, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

407 by RubyDaly69 »»
May 18, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xenocrisi - Jul 6, 2022

251 by limberwisk »»
May 10, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 17, 2022

286 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 22, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

184 by asbest0sdust »»
Apr 20, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.