Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 20, 2020 12:27 PM

Jan 2009
there is a difference between plot driven story and character driven story though and google says plot driven story focuses on action and plot twists more and with less character development so i do not get this complains about lack of character development
May 20, 2020 6:07 PM

Oct 2013
I re-read this chapter and I noticed one tiny, yet quite annoying detail: why I do not see Kaburamaru-kun in their joint photo? :(
โœจSaint Seiya Club๐ŸŒ 
May 21, 2020 11:09 AM

Feb 2010
It finally ended, ok ending i don't mind timeskip, it's clear and end in a happy note but as series this is a very generic and mediocre shounen, small world building, underwhelming villain.

6/10

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

May 21, 2020 1:11 PM
Apr 2015
It was a good ending. Really. We didn't get too long story and not a one of those "a hidden antagonist appeared!" cliche. Proper ending, where we can see that Kamado house is still alive.
Giving us a reincarnation characters was also nice move from the mangaka. Due to that we were able to see the reincarnations of those characters who had passed throughout the series so nobody should complain about not being able to see deceased Demon Slayers at the end. Also, do not forget the fact that Tanjirou du to usage of the Sun Breathing reduced his lifespan (as well as other Demon Slayers) so he didn't have much longer to live. If I remember most of users lived only till their middle twenties or something like that. So it would suck to see Tanjirous happy life only for like next 8-10 years. It's better that they show us the reicnarnation of Tanjirou that has a happy and fulfilled life.
I also do not think it was too rushed. As far ac I'm concerned the final fight with Muzan was quite long and requiered all remaining characters. There was also a time limit to fight him till the sunset. It's not Dragon Ball or One Piece with its Dressrossa arc (over 2 years of serialization to show the war that took a few hours). In KnY the pacing was okay, if mangaka have tried to extend tha final battle it would spoil the proper ending.
So for me, it was quite decent
Mihu95May 21, 2020 1:14 PM
May 22, 2020 9:28 AM
May 2020
well .. in my opinion the horses could be done better, I would like this manga to end with the main characters and not their descendants, and in my opinion this performance could end better, although the end is emotionally
May 23, 2020 7:55 AM
Jun 2019
You know, The fact that everyone just reincarnates and like at the same god damn time, hmmm well i'll take that
also some of them shouldn't be actual descendants if many of them actually died
hmm i wont try to keep being picky but ok
May 24, 2020 1:05 AM
Nov 2018
So the last chapter is 205 but why is there two more chapters (In MAL)? Please explain
May 24, 2020 1:58 AM

May 2018
KiriRin_196 said:
So the last chapter is 205 but why is there two more chapters (In MAL)? Please explain

KNY had 2 bonus chapters in the past (the Kanao backstory one and the Inosuke backstory one).
May 24, 2020 10:50 PM

Jan 2016
That was honestly an incredibly disappointing ending for me.

Overall I'll give this manga an 8/10.

May 25, 2020 1:24 PM

Dec 2017
Uhh... that would’ve been sweet if it didn’t feel like the author was trying to rush us out of the door. “And everything ended happily THE END BYE” *door slam*

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2020 5:56 PM
Jun 2016
Reincarnation? I thought the last chapters are all about ancestors. Even though I was kinda confused about the snake hashira and his wife... But I really think that this is their descendants, and not only reincarnations.
May 26, 2020 6:47 AM

Dec 2017
dindasmart said:
Reincarnation? I thought the last chapters are all about ancestors. Even though I was kinda confused about the snake hashira and his wife... But I really think that this is their descendants, and not only reincarnations.

In the case of all the hashiras that died like the snake and love hashira, those are reincarnations since they never had kids.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2020 10:09 AM

Dec 2013
I'm not entirely satisfied with how the story developed, especially in the last chapters, but I still can't wait to see the whole manga animated.
Jun 16, 2020 11:34 PM
Jul 2018
Oh my god this chapter...

I wish this gets a sequel. So it's in the future now eh? The Zenitsu-looking guy and the Nezuko-looking girl, hmmm I'm pretty sure that Nezuko ended up with Zenitsu. Great job Zenitsu! And I wonder who Tanjiro Kamado ended up with hmmm... The Tanjiro-looking guy has no sibling, poor Tanjiro seperated ways with his previous sibling who reincarnated to be the sister of the incarnation of Zenitsu.

We see that Yushiro still lives today and he started drawing realistic arts of Tamayo, his love for centuries.

Tanjiro's reincarnation and his best friend, Rengoku's incarnation. Their running really fast that the police car can't even catch up to them. And it's the brothers who are riding the police car!

They jumped up the closed gate, parkour! Tanjiro still has his skills.

A picture of them, in Tanjiro's apartment. Damn, all of them in one picture. I'm having tears run down from my eyes. I love this story. I LOVE IT! Please a sequel, Gods of the universe! I mean the author. Please please please!

I rated this 10/10! A masterpiece! Kimetsu no Yaiba!
Jul 7, 2020 7:34 AM

Jun 2017
But isn't Yushirou lived long enough though? Being Tamayo's assistant, he should be knowledgeable enough about the medicine that can turn demons back into humans as well.

I'm glad to see that the Ubuyashiki family had their curse lifted!๐Ÿฅฐ

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 19, 2020 5:33 AM

Jul 2019
kyojin_desu said:
I'm not entirely satisfied with how the story developed, especially in the last chapters, but I still can't wait to see the whole manga animated.

Sums it up right.

The fight against the upper moons and Muzan was definetly streamlined. In earlier chapters it was emphasized how big the physical toll of breathing technqiues was. But they basically fought non-stop, seemed kinda iffy. The fight against tentacle-Muzan was the disappointment. Epic in its blood toll but nothing compared to the fights against upper moons in terms of deatil and execution.

Yes, I am also interested into seing this animated. The tentacles must a nightmare as well as all those different breathing technqiues.

Chapter 125 was a nice touch (Ubuyashiki the oldest man of Japan! lol) but I would have prefered something more solid in our protagonists timeline.

The manga peaked a long time but it was still a fun ride even in the end just for watching how things played out for our beloved characters! 7/10

Jul 26, 2020 2:02 AM

May 2009
Rider9530 said:
KiriRin_196 said:

KNY had 2 bonus chapters in the past (the Kanao backstory one and the Inosuke backstory one).

Which chapters are these? Numbers?
Jul 26, 2020 4:13 AM

May 2018
bastek66 said:
Rider9530 said:

Which chapters are these? Numbers?

They are not numbered because they are bonus chapters.
The Kanao backstory is in volume 7 and i don't think it has a name (https://kimetsu-no-yaiba.fandom.com/wiki/Bonus_Manga) and the Inosuke backstory is in volume 10 and it's name is "Inosuke's Fairy Tale" (https://kimetsu-no-yaiba.fandom.com/wiki/Inosuke%27s_Fairy_Tale).
Aug 14, 2020 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder if Sumihiko is Tanjiro's reincarnation and Toko is Nezuko's... Cause it's pretty clear that all Hashira pillars reincarnated in this modern era.
Aug 19, 2020 6:16 PM
Jul 2020
For the ending as a whole it's rushed, but for this chapter alone I think it's great.
Aug 19, 2020 10:57 PM

Sep 2016
What a fucking ride this manga was. I would call it a train wreck but I somewhat enjoyed reading this.

5/10
Sep 4, 2020 9:49 AM

Jun 2016
The draw to the series for me was that I was having trouble sleeping, I was getting bored of shounen, so Demon Slayer seemed like a good way to get tired. Further, once beginning the series, the shared tropes to a favorite of mine: Jojo's Phantom Blood made me fascinated in the ways they would be used differently. The plot structure reminded me of the anime/manga that got me into anime/manga, Gantz. It was mission based, sending the characters off to face some demons and fend for their lives. There was a dark tone and a sense of spontaneity and fun in the simplicity of it.

But of course, surface level comparisons don't mean anything but some added intrigue. In fact, Gantz in particular felt far more engaging in structure because anyone and everyone could die and we never knew who would stay as a cast member and who would go. Further, if someone survived they would be fully healed by the end of the fight. Demon Slayer was a shounen, it followed shounen rules, the main trio can't die, only the side characters or pillars can. Further, the main trio can never be hurt out of commission. The purpose of both of these stories are clearly different, however, these rules made for one structure to be far more free and chaotic, and the other to be much more reserved and predictable, never reaching those heights of excitement.

So what about the ideas this series offers on its own? I can say that it struck an emotional chord with me often. No matter how fast I read the series, I would get teary eyed or cry. The demons are an extension of man, they were made sympathetic because the existence of humanity is crushingly hard. It is hard to criticize the path many entered by choice or not. It made for the sorrowful battle between the demon slayers and the demons to paint a picture of human hardship, an ideological battle about how one should cope with the pain of existence. And that burned. It made me wish I could have read this series closer because it's thematic ideas feel genuinely important to give thought to.

It made me ask what the difference was between a demon who rejects their humanity and a human who embraces it. It made me strive to find answers so I would not become a monster if life cast me down time and time again. It made me want to try my hardest to reach out and stop others from falling down that path. One thing was always clear, it was a miserable road for those who rejected humanity, miserable for everyone. Stories like Kokushibo, or Akaza's were beautiful and tragic and the messed up thing is how close they reflected some of the demon slayer's backstories. The difference between the one who rejects and embraces felt as though it threaded a needle.

The paneling and the word choice did wonders to make some beautiful moments and I'd like to make an Imgur of some of my favorite panels.
https://imgur.com/a/j6jS36C
Sep 6, 2020 2:57 AM

May 2020
Great epilogue, seeing all of those characters in a modern big city. Tanjirou and Rengoku is a troublesome kids. Big clap for this manga, 8/10. Marathon it after chapter 180 and it was great ending.
Sep 21, 2020 4:47 AM
Jan 2015
Very good series, but the story to me is what actually holds it back from being a great series. I started reading it right after finishing the anime so boy was I surprised when I noticed there was only 205 chapters! The story seems rushed and the final fight was a little anti-climactic. The setting is amazing and I feel like the manga itself could've easily reached 400 chapters. I know the author probably didn't want to bore the readers but it didn't really touch up on all the hashira in depth and even zenitsu all that much until the final fight. Still a good read.
Sep 21, 2020 2:22 PM
Mar 2016
I cried my fucking eyes out rerading this
Oct 14, 2020 4:42 PM

Sep 2016
I loved this manga. My only complain is the ending. To me, it could have perfectly ended with chapter 204 tbh. I would have liked the author to have shown Tanjiro reflecting and have a conclusion on his mind (or talking with someone) related to his journey.

This manga gave relevance to things related to love in different ways. For example, sibling and family love was recurrent but we could also see friendly love. Tanjiro showed compassion towards demons and we learnt about them as well - some of them were loved but they didn't value it until it was too late, some weren't able to recognize what love was, some were too focused with another negative emotion to the point that love didn't matter, and some characters couldn't "fulfill" their love. And of course, many characters experienced grief.
I can say that I really enjoyed how the author portrayed these types of love (without being the romantic love) in a shounen manga. I liked the action and I was always looking forward to know the past of each character.

And when it comes to this chapter... Well, don't get me wrong, I'm glad the author added the reincarnation concept by the end. However, I highly disliked that the descendants of the characters were physically very similar (if not the same) taking into account that the original story might be set during the Taisho period and the descendants are probably from the Heisei period... seeing that kind of made me feel a bit "down".

Nov 28, 2020 8:53 PM

May 2020
Xenocrisi said:
Things were definitely too rushed, there should have been more arcs to give more time screen to most of the characters. I feel like the story had a lot potential, but wasted part of it. 300/400 chapters would have been just fine. Almost no world building, a lot of characters appeared, disappeared, and then again appeared after more than 80 chapters.

I definitely agree with you on that point. I felt like a lot of the pillars could have had more screen time to show off their abilities.
Nov 28, 2020 9:01 PM

May 2020
I could have lived without this chapter. The only thing that I kind of got from this was that like Nezuko and Zenitsu ended up together and Tanjirou and Kanao ended up together. I was really thrown off by the whole modern setting and it kind of ruined the vibe.

Overall, I have absolutely no idea why this series receives so much hate. It's almost as if people want to see it fail.

But aside from that, I give this series an 8.5/10. I love the art style, I loved the characters and I think it was a really cool story! I honestly do feel a little bit empty inside because I always knew that when I'd pick up this series, I'd be entertained.
Dec 4, 2020 1:15 PM

Aug 2012
Awful final chapter, not sure what if anything this adds to the series. I suppose it shows that future generations are safe without demons and Muzan's influence but that was kind of obvious. Perhaps it was meant to show reincarnation and those who died getting some happiness in another life like Iguro and Mitsuri, but it's not like there's any catharsis and that. They aren't the same character. The only exception is Yushiro, I guess it's nice that he's became a Tamayo painter but that's all that I got from this. And I got a chuckle out of a Ubuyashiki becoming the longest living man in Japan. But 204 is a more appropriate ending.

As for the final arc, the whole climactic battle against Muzan, meh. The whole four poison effects seemed like overkill, it makes sense that Tamayo would devise something to prevent him from splitting considering she was present when Muzan did that against Yoriichi but I can't really say I liked how they went about revealing the other two powers. The series did keep the tradition of the villain having one more last ditch attempt and not fully being thwarted, him transforming Tanjiro was a pretty nice last minute addition. Perhaps resolved too quickly, but they needed something for Nezuko to do in the final stretch, and I thought it was clever how it turned out biting her was one of the reasons he turned back normal, since she had returned human and had antibodies.

But the lengthy fight, it'll probably be much better animated when I can more clearly follow the action. I just don't feel the choreography here was easily legible, I've always had some trouble with following action sequences, I had some with Kokushibo but that I could follow a lot better than this. But that also seemed to have better flow and movement than the Muzan battle. But more importantly, it still is just one lengthy action sequence against a big bad, and that doesn't work as well for me. The Upper Rank Demons had something Muzan didn't, they were interesting characters. Muzan is so boring and we already knew his backstory going in, so nothing in here was insightful (I guess until the very end with him turning Tanjiro). The series reminds me a lot of Ushio & Tora, with how it's this calculated journey from day one to defeat this big bad, ending with a lengthy climactic battle against said big bad. When it comes to the final battle, I think the fight Hakumen no Mono was a lot more entertaining & interesting, admittedly that's in part due to having watched it instead of reading it, but I also feel there was better character moments throughout that battle between the leads, and Hakumen no Mono ended up as a far more interesting character than Muzan, despite the similarities of the two.

Another unrelated thing is I'm not huge on is some of the way it uses it's characters. Like Zenitsu and Nezuko. For the former mostly just that whole sleeping thing isn't really explored and it's kind of just dropped altogether in the last arc without any real thought towards it. Like I get that knowing one of the upper ranks demon made him get more serious, but it doesn't really feel like earned development, you know. It just feels like that quirk was tossed to the side. And Nezuko, well the series kind of reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist in the way that there's this overarching goal of transforming someone back to normal. With Ed is was to return Al's body, for Tanjiro it was to return Nezuko human. Now I understand why Nezuko's character was portrayed like it was, she has to feel demonic so the motivation makes more sense, but she's also like, the only demon who is mute, for most of the series anyway. And once she learns to speak, we get like one scene from her then she's gone until near the very end. And throughout the series, she never gets much outside of the fights. Like, imagine if Alphonse only got involved in the plot when battle time commenced. And I do appreciate how Nezuko isn't just a deus ex machina, she's often just a helpful participant and they can squeeze good moments out of her usage, like with Daki & Gyutaro fight or her being the one to decide for Tanjiro to save the villagers and let her burn (though she survives it). All that stuff is good but I don't know, I wish there was more time spent on her character. As is, she felt more like a goal/reward than a character most times, maybe that's just me. And as just another aside, the plot is rarely more complicated than just lengthy battles. It works fine, it's just pretty simplistic and not that complex.

To me, this is pretty borderline between a 6 & 7 but I'm going with a 6. I am actually pretty disappointed by the ending. There's definitely a lot of great stuff in there, I love the series' empathy, Tanjiro is one of the most compassionate main characters in all of shonen and that displays itself throughout the series. Especially with the Demon's backstory, and several of the demons are really great characters. Doma's not like, sympathetic in the slightest but he is really entertaining and I think the parallels between him and Shinobu were really fascinating. Like how they're both kind of faking the happiness, though with Shinobu it was more hiding anger than emptiness. Or how all the brother relationships featured throughout the Kokushibo fight ended up threading together and resolving in a really sweet way, with Sanemi/Genya, Muichiro/Yuichiro, and even Kokushibo/Yoriichi. Akaza's/Hakuji's backstory and fight was really well done as well, I do think there's a lot of great writing within here, specifically the Infinity Castle stuff.

The fights as a whole I found pretty interesting. I know I just complained about Muzan and yeah, none of the fights here are really going to rank amongst my favourite in all of shonen but I just mean the style of fights seems pretty unique for the genre. There's not a lot of one-on-one, those are rarity it feels like most of the battles are legitimate team efforts. They're lengthy struggles between humans and demons, and there's never a clean victory really, there's always noticeable sacrifices. I do like how much loss was required to defeat Muzan, I do like how much of a struggle it is, and I do like the emphasis on teamwork. It's really cool.

And I love how the fights may feature like asspulls but they're never cheap. Like Tanjiro will have some flashback thought process mid-battle that will teach him some new way to topple the enemy or something like that, like how he discovered the Transparent World thing against Akaza but stuff like that is never what actually ends the fight. Like, he uses the Transparent World to cut of Akaza's head, which would have been an unsatisfying cheap victory but no, Akaza gets his own BS power-up and prevents his disintegration. Ultimately, it's his memories returning to him and him deciding to suicide that defeats him, he credits Tanjiro there but if he kept fighting he probably would've won. The fight ended etched in character drama, giving more weight to Hakuhi. And while I don't think any other example is as prominent as that, it has happened multiple times. Like I remember thinking that Nezuko was just going to deus ex machina the Daki fight when she first got involved and being upset by that but nope, not even close.

So yeah, I read Demon Slayer in order to discover what made it so popular, even though I'm sure Ufotable's adaption helped a lot and to be honest, I still can't say I entirely get it but I do see a lot of positives, and kind of unique qualities to it, while keeping shonen sensibilities. Also, mad respect for the mangaka actually ending it at like, the height of it's popularity. I do think the series might've benefitted from another arc to build up Muzan more but I'd much rather a quick series than a slow one, and I think the propulsive nature of the plot is kind of the appeal, I do like how quick the sense of escalation was and that it told a complete story and ended. Despite what I'm sure must've been quite some pressure to keep the train running.
Dec 5, 2020 1:25 PM

Jun 2014
Those extra pages from the final volume from chapters 204 and 205 were great. They really packed a huge emotional punch and really added to the conclusion beautifully. I'm grateful for that I had the opportunity to enjoy and read this masterpiece.
:3
Dec 6, 2020 2:24 AM
Sep 2020
It seems I have finished reading that one manga, well even though I was disappointed with the ending, it turned out to be just a fairy tale of their great-grandparents who fought against the devil

looks like the demon slayers are reincarnated, well this is a manga that has a pretty good story, even though the art is so-so

personal rate

7.5 / 10
Dec 30, 2020 12:20 PM

Oct 2015
Im just going to pretend it ended in 204 and hope they never animate this. No need for this chapter.

The Muzan fight was slightly underwhelming but still a great final arc overall.

I would rate this manga 7.5/10
Dec 30, 2020 1:51 PM

May 2009
XquisiteWig said:
Im just going to pretend it ended in 204 and hope they never animate this. No need for this chapter.

But there was need - it showed that demons were defeated their grandchildren live in peaceful world.
Dec 30, 2020 2:40 PM

Oct 2015
bastek66 said:
XquisiteWig said:

But there was need - it showed that demons were defeated their grandchildren live in peaceful world.

Lots of the characters who died before they had children still have descendants who look exactly like them, Genya and Sanemi clones driving a police car together, Kanroji and Iguro clones even end up getting married... It was cute but all just a bit far fetched for my liking.
Dec 31, 2020 7:58 AM

May 2009
XquisiteWig said:
Lots of the characters who died before they had children still have descendants who look exactly like them, Genya and Sanemi clones driving a police car together, Kanroji and Iguro clones even end up getting married... It was cute but all just a bit far fetched for my liking.

It's called reincarnation and it's belief of that is part of Japanese culture.
Jan 1, 2021 9:20 PM

Jan 2017
it was....ok? Read it all in a couple days and it kind of felt boring at times. The whole training parts seemed to go by so quickly which made Tanjiro and crew being able to fight the upper ranked demons all of a sudden seem so jarring. Wish they wouldn't just give you the demon's backstory as they die but maybe pieces throughout the battle lol.

Personally I don't think I enjoyed it much but I see why this type of story appeals to people and why they feel so passionate about it. Regardless I think the success the manga has found is a good thing overall and I'm happy knowing it likely played a big role in more people becoming interested in anime/manga.
nhojnJan 2, 2021 9:43 AM
Jan 1, 2021 11:01 PM

Sep 2020
removed-user said:
I wonder who Tanjiro Kamado ended up with hmmm...

He definitely hooked up with Inosuke. ^^

Jan 3, 2021 10:59 PM

Apr 2013
Even though there were things that I disliked and felt were weak throughout the story, nothing was as bad as the final Muzan fight. It was handled so poorly and turned an interesting villain into a knockoff Parasyte alien. The 4 poisons used on him were basically the only reason the Demon Slayers won that fight, so they needed the help of demons to defeat the strongest demon. Legit hard nerfed to give the heroes a chance. Meh. The Upper Moons fell a bit too quickly and, even though I did enjoy the fights, I felt like the story wrapped up 1 or 2 arcs too quickly. This story could’ve EASILY been 300-400 chapters.

Nezuko turning into a full human was basically handled offscreen unfortunately.. and Tanjirou turning into a demon was just bad writing. It was used to show us that he had the potential to be most likely the strongest demon ever, but really the only thing it accomplished was to bring back Tanjirou to life without using a cheaper ass pull. If you go that route, at least expand on it for an entire arc and make it interesting, not a couple of chapters of potential threat and power of friendship to save the day. The final chapter was basically fanfic I didn’t care for it whatsoever.

Overall I feel like Demon Slayer is a good manga that didn't flesh out its world and characters enough in the later parts and didn’t explore everything it could’ve to make it truly an unforgettable read. It’s a decent shounen with some likeable characters and villains but the end result falls flat. I’ll give it 8/10 due to overall enjoyment but if I’m being objective it should be a 7/10. If Ufotable adapts all of it there’s no doubt in my mind they’ll elevate the material as they did with season 1.

Edit: I thought about it for a couple of days and will stick with a 7/10 as my overall score. This really needed more chapters to expand on the world and characters. So many things could’ve been explored in more depths but instead we were rushed to a underwhelming final boss fight and an atrocious fanservice final chapter. Without Ufotable I don’t even think this series makes top 10 in sales and it’s #1 right now and smashing records smh.
KneelBeforeMeFeb 6, 2021 6:59 PM
Feb 1, 2021 2:44 AM
Jan 2021
It was so heartwarming to see those reincarnations. Good to know that Obanai and Mitsuri got to marry each other in their new/next lives. And Aoi and Inosuke marrying was sure a surprise! Inosuke's descendant looks exactly like him, lmao. Sad to see this wonderful series end here, could've definitely gone for a lot longer but whatever. I loved this series from start to finish! Thanks for the memories, Kimetsu No Yaiba. Now time to wait for all of these latter arcs to be animated by ufotable!
May 3, 2021 2:45 AM

Aug 2020
I really hate Timeskips. I really loved the settings of Kimetsu no yaiba. All I wanted to see was how tanjiro and the others were doing after defeating Muzan. But instead they showed us a spinoff like world which took all the good elements of Demon slayer away.all I wanted to see was Tanjiro not a couple of clones from the future. I dont like how they finished the anime as soon as they defeated muzan. They could have shown how all the characters lives changed. Instead they showed us some random strangers from the future. Atleast Yushiro is alive.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

May 3, 2021 9:07 AM
Oct 2019
Naren-kun said:
I really hate Timeskips. I really loved the settings of Kimetsu no yaiba. All I wanted to see was how tanjiro and the others were doing after defeating Muzan. But instead they showed us a spinoff like world which took all the good elements of Demon slayer away.all I wanted to see was Tanjiro not a couple of clones from the future. I dont like how they finished the anime as soon as they defeated muzan. They could have shown how all the characters lives changed. Instead they showed us some random strangers from the future. Atleast Yushiro is alive.

Gotouge heard you :)

1. In case you don't know, Jump cut pages from the last two chapters 204 and 205 of KNY to reserve pages for new manga back in May 2020 even though Gotouge asked for increased pages. Here are the full ending (the ending is clearer and more satisfied). Unfortunately, Viz and Mangaplus will not update these pages on their websites, so English fans can only read these pages officially by purchasing volume 23.
https://imgur.com/a/VSCUDqZ

2. This special one shot from the official data book 2, which was released in Japan in Feb 2021, tells the story of our characters after the fight. Only English translation from fans until this point:
https://twitter.com/Irusuify/status/1385873375642460160?s=20

I would love to hear your opinion after reading those missing pages from chapter 204 and 205. Before reading those pages, I had the same opinion, but my point of view changed after I read the full ending.

I will add the full ending at the first page of this thread so people can have a chance to read and reconsider their point of view.

ElvarthMay 3, 2021 9:14 AM
May 3, 2021 10:00 AM

Aug 2020
Elvarth said:
Naren-kun said:

Gotouge heard you :)

1. In case you don't know, Jump cut pages from the last two chapters 204 and 205 of KNY to reserve pages for new manga back in May 2020 even though Gotouge asked for increased pages. Here are the full ending (the ending is clearer and more satisfied). Unfortunately, Viz and Mangaplus will not update these pages on their websites, so English fans can only read these pages officially by purchasing volume 23.
https://imgur.com/a/VSCUDqZ

2. This special one shot from the official data book 2, which was released in Japan in Feb 2021, tells the story of our characters after the fight. Only English translation from fans until this point:
https://twitter.com/Irusuify/status/1385873375642460160?s=20

I would love to hear your opinion after reading those missing pages from chapter 204 and 205. Before reading those pages, I had the same opinion, but my point of view changed after I read the full ending.

I will add the full ending at the first page of this thread so people can have a chance to read and reconsider their point of view.

I am really grateful you have gone through this much trouble for me. I am so happy I could read the story of Tanjiro and the others after the fight. I was shocked to find Giyu, Tengen and his wives were in a hotspring together. I really was laughing at that.
But like I said before I dont like the future story. It kills the vibes of the story. I feel like it is unnecessary. It is better not reading it. I wish Tanjirou's status report was longer. It was so nice of Sanemi to bring tanjiro and the others some Ohagi bean cake. Thank you for helping me find this treasure. :)
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

May 3, 2021 1:27 PM
Oct 2019
Your welcome.
Personally, I still wish that Nezuko had participated more in the last arc. Back in 2019, I had a bold idea that new Upper Moon 5 (potential Uzui's younger brother or his evil father) was searching for Nezuko. Therefore, Shinjuro (the former Flame pillar) and Urokodaki would have shown their abilities in a fight.
However, Gotouge eliminated this possibility :). In the end, this is the first serialization of the author. Mistakes are inevitable. At least, KNY had a grand ending in Japan, its main market.
May 11, 2021 8:22 PM
May 2021
Well it was okay ending
I enjoyed reading through the series
It had some pretty good fights and really emotional moments I cared about characters
As well
The last arc for me was the worst arc
I think ending could have way better overall I enjoyed the I would give it 8.5
Jun 1, 2021 9:06 AM

Feb 2021
Finally it's all over....Not that great of an ending but it sure was satisfying to see all the characters in their desired places. I think Tanjirou's sensei was the only one left from the 'good guys' team. Anyway, ara-ara sayonara!
โ—‘ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ–ฃ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ—
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
โ—‘ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ–ฃ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ—
Jun 18, 2021 7:33 AM

Mar 2021
for me the whole manga was good.......... I just don't consider this chapter canon๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„
just read 205.5 for the original ending

๐“œ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ฎ๐”€ ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ท'๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ท๐”‚ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ
Jun 18, 2021 5:44 PM

May 2008
Last arc was rushed but gave us great battles w/o filler chapters and a great finale where most of the cast actually dies which is something unusual.
Nov 19, 2021 1:30 AM

Apr 2021
Welp I've been through the ending's of many anime and mangas and here is another awesome journey coming to an end.....And wow this chapter's mostly about the reincarnations of our gang(in modern Tokyo lol) :D

So Tanjiro and Kanao, Zenitsu and Nezuko, Inosuke and Aoi married :D

And wow most of their descendants look so similar :)

This manga may not have had the best ending and yes there were quite a few things I too didn't like(for example the deaths of many of my favorite characters) but I guess I was kinda satisfied with the ending and also other than the ending the manga was really fun for me.....My boys(Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke) I will miss you guys and of course everyone else in this manga.....Reading this manga was fun and I enjoyed it.....

Love these guys โค
Joel77Nov 19, 2021 8:18 AM
Jan 29, 2022 10:40 PM

May 2020
It's funny reading all of these posts because I genuinely feel like I'm missing a really big inside joke that everyone else gets. Personally, I don't find this ending offensive, although I think having Tanjiro die would've been the kick this series needed, especially with all the other deaths that the series had.

I'm genuinely surprised by how much I liked this series and how emotional this series managed to make at times. From all the hype (and the counter-hype), I didn't know what exactly what to expect from this series. What I found was a pretty decent battle manga, ruined because it was soooo fucking rushed. It's not just the ending, its the entire manga from start to finish. I mean for fuck's sake, we had a classic training montage/timeskip within the first 5 fucking chapters. That for me is this series's biggest weakness. If the series had just let the story and characters breathe a little bit, this series would've been a top tier manga for me.

As it is, it is a very enjoyable but flawed manga.
Feb 5, 2022 9:55 PM
Sep 2021
This manga was bad and now it became horrible....thnx gotouge... atleast u didn't make it awful
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

8 by floral_sacrifice »»
Aug 10, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2016

8 by floral_sacrifice »»
Aug 10, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 196 Discussion

Elvarth - Feb 26, 2020

43 by Meldemort »»
Aug 1, 9:30 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 179 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DemonDarknight - Oct 17, 2019

87 by Meldemort »»
Jul 31, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 103 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

14 by KcmcPro »»
Jul 26, 4:18 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.