Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 13, 2022 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Oh shit, business picked up big time with school interviews and planning for the future.

Not a bit surprised that Kaguya wants to stay in Japan where she belongs. Miko was also lowkey very fun to watch this episode. Even with the more serious mood this episode, they managed to make this one very entertaining imo.
May 13, 2022 8:29 AM

Jul 2021
Something about this episode kinda hits deeply when it comes to finding your dreams and passions, it’s surely hard to find what you want to do in the future and be ensured with it. Mama Hayasaka and Papa Shirogane had made an appearance during the parent-student future planning conference, they're indeed interesting.

Shirogane and Kaguya sure had some deep feelings for each other here, in the beginning, the chances of them getting helped by their student council members are low because they do think outside of the box.

Chika is sure a prodigy at every instrument she was able to acquire knowledge with what she values most. Also, Shirogane is a womanizer confirmed because he’s confessing to someone else instead of Kaguya! Iino and Chika are adorable blobs in this episode because they’re against Shirogane’s way of an ikemen approach and the girls certainly do have the ideals. Kaguya definitely ain’t pitying Shirogane though :P
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 13, 2022 8:31 AM

Aug 2020
shirogane wants to study abroad and Kaguya accidentally rejected to go to the festival with shirogane, that moment where ishigami came got me laughing out loud because he said i saw somthing funny, he saw someone rejecting someone else from a culture festival date,lmao it made shirogane and kaguya feel awkawrd. shirogane was asking lino and chika about what do they think about him and they were being bogus lmao. well at least kaguya boosted up his confidence.
May 13, 2022 9:26 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Here is an interesting tidbit for y'all. If you notice carefully, Miyuki can be seen carrying a TOEFL guide book in the book store during the first part of S02E04, the sketch where Hayasaka <3 tries to seduce Miyuki for the first time. And TOEFL, for those who don't know, is a necessary exam that you need to take for proving you proficiency in English, especially if you are trying to apply for a higher education in United States. Gosh, reminds me of my past.

Akasaka Aka had been weaving the web and spinning the gears to put what is to come in motion for a long time unbeknown to much of the audience. And these small details are one of the things that makes me love this franchise so much.

This episode also serves as a soft point of no return for the series as well as makes it completely clear that we will never be returning to the days of braingames between Miyuki and Kaguya.

The remaining episodes of this season will cover the finest chapters ever written in the whole manga medium.

The next six fridays are going to be something truly special. And I'm here foe them!
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 13, 2022 9:46 AM
Apr 2021
OH SNAP!
And so the clock starts ticking, is the countdown!
And one of the first moments we see the story start to shift into more serious and character focused direction, i just love how even in the gags we see a lot of what has been built up until now for everyone and hints of what is to come
I can't wait for the rest of the season, now it gets REAL!
May 13, 2022 9:52 AM
Sep 2021
One of several pivotal moments not just for this season, but for the entire series: Shirogane's decision to go to Stanford. Well, the "ultra romantic" thing begins.
May 13, 2022 9:54 AM
Dec 2021
they flipping cut out 112
May 13, 2022 10:00 AM

Jul 2021
Shirogane’s dad was such an entertaining character to watch. I love the school interviews.

This ep definitely had a more serious tone compare to previous ones. Every episode so far felt emotional more or less. Things are slowly moving into a different direction.
AronicsMay 13, 2022 10:03 AM
May 13, 2022 10:03 AM

Oct 2018
I hate that this anime has only 20 minutes per week, I need MORE Kaguya-sama
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
May 13, 2022 10:04 AM
Dec 2019
First they skipped ch 92, now 112. I really hope they adapt they later, they were literally one of the top chapters that i wanted to get adapted.
May 13, 2022 10:06 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Looks like the activation of the time bomb will reap something at least by the end of the season at this rate. It's cool to see Shirogane and Kaguya taking on a more proactive approach, I've been waiting for this!

Hayasaka being a mama's daughter like that was surprising, lol. Shirogane's father is a real piece of work too, but got to give it for that entrance though with the stellar buildup. It's hilarious how the two ended up going as Kaguya's parents. Didn't think Shirogane was interested in Stanford though, I suppose it makes sense given he probably has the talent for it but I'd prefer him not going for obvious reasons honestly.

Insulting Shirogane legally, that's right up the alley for Fujiwara-san. Harsh reality check when it comes to ideal partner, my condolences to her xD. And boy, Iino sure doesn't hold back. Shirogane's confidence level is a thing of mystery too.

Seeing a lot of hype for the remainder of the arc, can't wait to see what that's all about!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 13, 2022 10:06 AM

Dec 2020
The school interviews are starting and that was funny shirogane father plays kaguya step father.

Lol fujiware san like the same type like shirogane.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 13, 2022 10:08 AM

Feb 2019
I like how they highlighted kaguya’s feelings about Hayasaka’s mom being in her life and coming to school events. Last episode Hayaska rapped about how Kaguya basically has this great life with Hayasaka being the one doing all the heavy lifting, but Kaguya kinda feels the same about Ai for different reasons.

Ino again was the highlight of the episode for me. Her “confession” scene with Shirogane had me dying lol.

No idea why they cut out chapter 112 tho.
May 13, 2022 10:10 AM

Sep 2021
Shirogane´s dad is always fun to watch, and we get to see Hayasaka´s mom thats always a win, this chapter will start the "Ultra romantic" part and I am excited
May 13, 2022 10:16 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ah yes the dreaded parent teacher conference. That was a wicked bard from Ishigami about the prosecutors though. Chika's talk sure proved to be a nice surprise. Nice to finally meet Hayasaka's mother though. Miyuki's father's appearance really is bad for one's health though. But it's nice to see Nao get some expansion. Beneath her smile she sure has a malicious character. But in the end the conference sure provided some interesting aspirations for them all. The deadline however did serve well to make the two realize that time waits for no one. But man the abrupt tag team of Ishigami, Chika and Ino really proved effective. The results that Miyuki tried to attain sure were harsher than he thought they would be. But it is correct that its hard for humans to look at themselves objectively.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2022 10:17 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Parent-teacher conference day has arrived! Hayasaka was very happy at her mother coming xD.
And Shirogane's father made Kaguya very embarrassed lol. And he went as her stand in father to the conference lol.
Shirogane asked Kaguya out on a date (though indirectly) and Kaguya accidentally turned him down without noticing! Kaguya also (pretty indirectly) asks Shirogane out on a date and they both bet on Ishigami to help them break the stalemate...
but he just made their courage drop! Then Iino dropped their courage even further...
lastly, Fujiwara enters... and Shirogane's courage went up again! But then she told Kaguya to not go! Though Kaguya REVERSES THE SITUATION!
...but Fujiwara ruins it by asking Ishigami to go with Shirogane instead...
Iino's ideal man is pretty weird xD. Fujiwara realised that Shirogane would normally be her type and was disgusted....

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
May 13, 2022 10:20 AM
Nov 2021
cchigu said:
Here is an interesting tidbit for y'all. If you notice carefully, Miyuki can be seen carrying a TOEFL guide book in the book store during the first part of S02E04, the sketch where Hayasaka <3 tries to seduce Miyuki for the first time. And TOEFL, for those who don't know, is a necessary exam that you need to take for proving you proficiency in English, especially if you are trying to apply for a higher education in United States. Gosh, reminds me of my past.

Akasaka Aka had been weaving the web and spinning the gears to put what is to come in motion for a long time unbeknown to much of the audience. And these small details are one of the things that makes me love this franchise so much.

This episode also serves as a soft point of no return for the series as well as makes it completely clear that we will never be returning to the days of braingames between Miyuki and Kaguya.

The remaining episodes of this season will cover the finest chapters ever written in the whole manga medium.

The next six fridays are going to be something truly special. And I'm here foe them!

Also, the newspaper that Miyuki held in OP1 has a picture of the Statue of Liberty. What a nice detail from A-1 Pictures!
May 13, 2022 10:22 AM

May 2020
About to enter the peak zone from here on, have to make my whole body ready for the greatness.
May 13, 2022 10:25 AM
Apr 2020
NOW IT GETS FR

Soon mfs will see why Kaguya herself is and has always been best girl.

What can I say; another absolute banger of an adaptation, already great source material enhanced into an even more enjoyable experience. Anime onlys ain't ready for what's to come fr🗿

ayo how dare they skip the amazing chap 112?! bruh, it better be in the next ep copium
ddchMay 13, 2022 10:36 AM
May 13, 2022 10:26 AM

Oct 2017
Papa Shirogane is the true wingman, everytime he appears it's bound to be amusing. Hayasaka was adorable infront of her mama, she's a mama's girl. Prez going abroad revealed in this episode. He gonna go allout before that thou and I'm waiting to see Kaguya sama at it's peak animated, finally.
May 13, 2022 10:28 AM
Feb 2022
This was such a great episode! Lots of comedy and actual development on the romantic front. Also, Papa Shirogane making his appearance yet again and stealing the spotlight. Can’t wait to see the culture festival arc animated !
May 13, 2022 10:29 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Shirogane decides to go study abroad and that now he will make Kaguya declare herself to him until the school festival day
May 13, 2022 10:31 AM
Aug 2016
Hands down best episode of the show so far 10/10
May 13, 2022 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
Great to see Shirogane's dad again. The moment Kaguya talked about her plans, in contrast to Shirogane's, felt very sad.

Shirogane and Kaguya trying to get each other to confess again lol. I love these two and the rest of the student council so much. I wish they could've gone to the other school's culture festival all together.

Also, loved The Rose of Versailles reference.
May 13, 2022 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
Like the episode, but still the same for this season, all the stuff feels overexaggerated.
One thing doesn't change, Hayasaka is just the best!!! Her reaction when her mom arrives and lecturing Kaguya ...
May 13, 2022 10:35 AM
Jan 2021
man what an episode!! President's dad and hayasaka new ship, Ishigami messed up their chance, dont worry youre still best boy ishigami.
May 13, 2022 10:36 AM
Oct 2021
Best episode by far, it actually gets a bit heavy when you have to leave behind everyone you know to go abroad and then the feeling of not wanting to have regrets hits hard. The following episodes are gonna be amazing.
*lmao that music-papa shirogane entrance though
May 13, 2022 10:36 AM

Jul 2017
Hopefully 112's adapted since I did enjoy that wacky little chapter but besides that, was a pretty solid episode overall and it's planted the seeds well for the rest of this season and manga (particularly surrounding where Shirogane's direction in life is heading with his goal being to study at Stanford after graduating high school and wanting to confess to Kaguya by the cultural festival if nothing progresses till then), while still being fun enough on its own to be a good episode for this franchise. Not quite as bombastic as last week's episode per say but it was fairly decent still. It's good that Shirogane's got the mindset to confess if Kaguya doesn't do so herself rather than just letting this whole ordeal go quietly away, better to face the music than to live with regrets of not pursuing it further.
May 13, 2022 10:42 AM

Jun 2015
Great episode. I liked the future interviews with the parents, and Shirogane's dad totally reading the room. Especially with his advice afterwards. Segway into more teen angst and the pair of them not being honest, followed by a close of Kaguya lowkey admitting she really likes Shirogane without even realising it. Love it!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 13, 2022 10:46 AM

Oct 2021
The story is slowly taking an interesting turn. There isn't much time left in graduation so shirogane is finding ways to confess. Great Episode.
May 13, 2022 10:47 AM
May 2020
great cap, i think they will adapt 112 in the next one, I hope :(
May 13, 2022 10:48 AM

Jul 2017
When there's parent-teacher meetings, you KNOW it gets serious with your future education and career on the line.

Chika is funny, but her dad is even funnier lols. It's rare to see Hayasaka's parents, let alone her mother whom we are seeing for the very first time while Kaguya's parents are just too busy. Shirogane's eccentric dad IS BACK, and he's more alert and cautious than ever since Season 2.

Everyone has different dreams, and for Hayasaka's mother and Shirogane's father to be Kaguya's family figures in this meeting, there's no time to waste especially for Shirogane going abroad for studies while not waiting any longer to confess to Kaguya with the time remaining that's clocking down. One wrong step, and Kaguya may miss her date with Shirogane, which she unknowingly did. And since she did it, she must reciprocate the request with all of the courage she has. But with all the flirting and reporting going on, might as well have no courage to do so, and pair with their partners instead.

Shirogane's music journey continues to be a nightmare, but asking for his manly advice like a game, the objective opinions of feedback were all downright mixed. Unfiltered trash-talking Chika being blatant is hilarious to watch, but when finding her Mr. Right, Shirogane's most likely not worth considering at all. Of course, Kaguya plays nice, but everyone is to blame for being human.
May 13, 2022 11:02 AM

Jul 2009
Papagane dilf dio just killed the game

His introduction was expected yet unexpected
bruh
May 13, 2022 11:03 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
We finally get to see Hayasaka's mom not only attending her daughters parent teacher conference, but also filling in for Kaguya's mom. Shirogane's dad also appeared out of nowhere to fill in as Kaguya's dad, but also keeping tabs on Kaguya and Shirogane's relationship. It seems that Shirogane has made a decision to go to Stanford University to study abroad so time is running out for both of them to confess until the cultural festival. Kaguya and Shirogane desperately tried to ask each other out, but neither of them couldn't come out and say it. Chika, Ishigami, and Iino entering the room didn't help either.
May 13, 2022 11:05 AM

Jan 2021
This episode really went full steam ahead into Miyuki and Kaguya's relationship that I was honestly annoyed seeing them lose their courage to ask each other out but in a good way. All in all a great episode and hope that next weeks is even better.
May 13, 2022 11:10 AM
Oct 2016
The amount of time remaining is dwindling. Shirogane is heading off to America for college so he only has about a year left till him and Kaguya won't be together anymore. Things have certainly progressed between Shirogane and Kaguya from when the show first started but they still haven't reached that coveted dating phase. With these parent teacher conferences going on Shirogane knows now the timetable is shrinking for them to be a couple before he heads off. Adding some tension since now we the audience know too, Shirogane has to step his game up. Can't have any regrets like his dad said. Him trying to ask Kaguya out all sly to that other school's culture festival was hilarious. They're both trying to play it so casual that neither fully picks up on what the other is meaning through their words till its too late. That classic aww dammit if only they'd realized sooner, and it's so funny. Shirogane not feeling super confident in himself leading to him asking the female members of the student council what they think of him. Chika and Iino were brutal. Totally chopping down whay Shirogane thought of himself. But its true that looking at ourselves objectively is tough.
May 13, 2022 11:26 AM

Jun 2019
What an episode. First, we got the parent's meeting which was funny and then turned depressing. Shirogane and Kaguya once again miss the opportunities with each other. LOL. Doraemon's head popped out of the desk. LMAO.

Also, loved the fact that Kaguya likes Shirogane the way he is. He's the one for her. There's no denying that which is all a man wants to hear. And, Daddy Dio was back in this episode. Loved seeing him again. He also acted like Kaguya's father in the meeting along with Hayasaka's mum who's also a very nice woman.
May 13, 2022 11:59 AM
Oct 2021
BULLS-EYE said:
they flipping cut out 112

i think they’ll adapt it later, in episodes closer to the culture festival. i noticed already that they adapt chapters out of order (same thing happens in komi can’t communicate)
May 13, 2022 12:01 PM

Nov 2016
Every scene with Papa Shirogane is a W. Lol, he really sat in as her dad. The fact that Hayasaka's mom went along with it made it all the better.

Almost as ballsy as Fujiwara. Chika for prime minister 😤

Another nonstop hilarious episode. My favorite segment was when everyone casually trampled over the Shirogane's and Kaguya's courage.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 13, 2022 12:03 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020

I haven't read the manga beyond the anime, but from all the buzz, it looks like things are going to slowly start ramping up by the next episode. This episode slapped as per usual, but it's about to get real. I held out from reading the manga for nearly two years for these moments which are coming up next.

Best part of THIS episode probably has to go to that band playing music in the background that elevated Miyuki's dad's epic arrival.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 13, 2022 12:07 PM
Jun 2020
It's all about Miyuki this episode but they skipped out on 112.
Miyuki getting desperate to make a move on Kaguya-san. Asking everybody to validate himself.
Things will get a tad' more serious between the two from here onward so im just excited for the next episode to come
May 13, 2022 12:09 PM

Aug 2018
Phosphophyllita said:
I hate that this anime has only 20 minutes per week, I need MORE Kaguya-sama
I had the exact same problem so I ended up reading all 260 chapters of the manga in one day last week :moyai (really recommend the manga by the way)
May 13, 2022 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
Kaguya and Shirogane turning like clocks in the OP makes more sense after watching this episode. Time is ticking for the both of them.

Excited for the upcoming arc!
May 13, 2022 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, Chika was absolutely brutal to Shirogane here, in this chapter I'd completely forgotten about.
May 13, 2022 12:32 PM

Jul 2021
While I haven't read the manga ,I feel like things will start to get a bit more serious from this point onwards. Our characters have realized that time is against them and they must act quickly. Really excited to see what's to come.

Also why is no one talking about that Doraemon reference?? XD Even though it was for only a split second I loved it and idk why it reminded me of gintama...

cchigu said:

Wow, that's incredible. It's like AoT levels of attention to detail XD And you're absolutely right. The fact that akasaka aka included these small details even though a romcom anime doesn't even need to be so planned out is what makes this series legendary.
May 13, 2022 12:52 PM
May 2020
Would've been 10x better if they adapted chapter 112 but I'm still not losing hope. Maybe they're saving it for the next episode. Another GOATED ep by Kaguya-sama tho
May 13, 2022 1:27 PM

Jul 2016
Parent-Student meeting and career path episode. Its nice to see the Stuco being serious about their future. And Shirogane is studying abroad(Stanford Univ.). And the pivotal plot point is here. If Kaguya not the first to confessed, then he was the one gonna do it first in the upcoming festival. And he is serious about it.

Mamasaka first cameo. And Hayasaka being happy that her mother is there. And then Papagane is here too with nice entrance.

Shirogane building up his courage by asking advice to other Stuco members, which they misunderstands him which is funny. And that Kaguya statement about him being "be yourself" encouraged his objective about confessing to her. And the Doraemon and Rose of Versailles references are top tier comedic timing lmao even their OST matches. Overall great episode and its halfway of the season

May 13, 2022 1:37 PM

Sep 2020
Shirogane is going to Stanford? Wow the serious plot begins, also Shirogane asking others how he could improve is very funny, and how Kaguya answered is very nice!
May 13, 2022 2:00 PM
Mar 2022
Pictures of today, sorry, there aren’t so much
May 13, 2022 2:21 PM
May 2020
yes sir!!!! we had dio in this episode. always a pleasure
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

509 by rohan121 »»
Jun 5, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

404 by Ari__Kun »»
May 16, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

227 by lilkatkitten »»
May 14, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

332 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2022

237 by Assassin2112 »»
May 3, 7:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.