Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2021 12:48 PM

Nov 2016
ThePurplePaladin said:
Honestly I never thought about the disaster separating everyone else either, I just thought it happens to Rudues and the others. It makes a lot of sense now that it affected the whole area, idk how I didn’t think about that...
Then you didn0t watch the whole anime so far, Roxy was also involved in this phenomenon and that's why she is going around with other 2 randoms, and the anime even shows Roxy reading a list of lost people when she sees Paul's message.
Nov 1, 2021 1:29 PM
Jun 2021
god this episode was so intense i had to take a breather, i purposely watched it this late bc i thought it will be another boring episode with his perveted and cringy stuff but goddamn i didnt expect to sob

when it arrived to the panty scene im so cringed out of embarrassment i skipped it but i didnt expect paul to appear plus the whole new infos about the teleportations, i just feel so bad to rudy. i mean he was one of the first ones to teleport of course he didnt had a clue that the teleportations is that big. yeah paul had a point but that's just ignoring and disregarding rudy's own experiences and problems, and i hate him for that. that's just victim blaming and saying that rudy's problems are invalid just because there's a bigger problem. i take rudy's side on this one.
Nov 1, 2021 1:41 PM

Oct 2017
I usually use this website to talk shit about bad shows, today I'm going to try doing something different, this episode was awesome wasn't expecting any of this..... dammmmmm
Nov 1, 2021 2:22 PM
May 2008
Yaggamy said:
UTMAN said:
really nice episode.

Altough I have some questions. How should have Rudy know that other people got teleported away? I honestly thought that only Rudy and Eris got caught in that. So why would Paul blame him for this? Also they were like idk kilometers away from Rudeos home village. Kinda weird.

In the Migurd village they mention that they saw multiple lights traveling in the sky.
When they first met Ruijerd said that Rudy and Eris "fell from the sky".
Putting those two together Rudy could've figured it out that there were other people transported besides the 3 of them who were near the light beam.
But he was focused on surviving and getting home so it slipped his mind.

Ah I see. But he would still have no idea that his village would haave been a victim. Also I'm not blaming him, it was just weird that Paul expected him to connect all this together.
Nov 1, 2021 2:32 PM

Nov 2019
This episode hit hard. It never hit me that any other than Rudeus's squad was teleported. Some family fight, missing people and all that... It will be quite interesting to see where this continues hereafter...
But the shock on Rudeus's face when he released how bad the situation actually was...

This reminds me of how good we humans are at putting seemingly unimportant parts to the said and procrastinating on them. Until suddenly our world gets flipped, and we're fully aware of why. And still, we've done nothing when we could've prevented it all.
Fox-PawNov 1, 2021 2:38 PM
─── ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ───

"No matter how devastated you may be by your own weaknesses or uselessness...
Set your heart ablaze. Grit your teeth and look straight ahead.
Even if you stop and crouch down, the time won't wait for you...
or snuggle you, or grieve along with you."

─── ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ───
Nov 1, 2021 2:45 PM

Oct 2012
Sark_Morgan said:
I usually use this website to talk shit about bad shows, today I'm going to try doing something different, this episode was awesome wasn't expecting any of this..... dammmmmm

Same bro for the most part just to keep track of shows and shit on crappy anime. I remember reading Mushoku thinking it pretty mediocre and just another Isekai until this point in the story. When Mushoku hits. It HITS! It doesn't at all follow what you'd expect from the average Isekai. Also look forward to next week because this reunion mini arc is two parts and the next episode should hit even harder. It's gonna be a joy to see all of it adapted.
Nov 1, 2021 3:06 PM

Aug 2019
UTMAN said:
Yaggamy said:

In the Migurd village they mention that they saw multiple lights traveling in the sky.
When they first met Ruijerd said that Rudy and Eris "fell from the sky".
Putting those two together Rudy could've figured it out that there were other people transported besides the 3 of them who were near the light beam.
But he was focused on surviving and getting home so it slipped his mind.

Ah I see. But he would still have no idea that his village would haave been a victim. Also I'm not blaming him, it was just weird that Paul expected him to connect all this together.

Paul expected him to have seen his message in the guild in Zanto port because he's an adventurer and they always check the guilds when they reach a new town.
But Rudy never had a chance to do so because when he arrived in Zanto port he left to get Ruijerd from the smugglers, and after that he was captured by the beast folk. After the rainy season ended they didn't have any reason to go back to Zanto port, so they skipped that city, never explored it.
Paul interrupted Rudy's story telling before he could get to that part.

And Paul didn't take into account that news travel slow on the Demon continent. Roxy's group was the first to bring news about the teleport incident to the continent. And Rudy just left the continent when Roxy's group arrived.
Nov 1, 2021 4:03 PM

Feb 2012
Loved the episode. I really like how it created a situation where a lot of discussion can be had with both characters being in the right and wrong. However while I can see where Paul is coming from I still empathize more with Rudeus and see Paul being more in the wrong.

I was initially thinking "Wtf are you on about Paul" the entire time while they were arguing. Paul's acting as if he knows Rudeus is the main character and he's mad Rudeus hasn't solved everything yet.

I'm really looking forward to how their next discussion goes.
Nov 1, 2021 4:08 PM

Jan 2021
Well that was a lot to take in.
Nov 1, 2021 5:05 PM
Nov 2020
The part where Rudeus is wearing the pantsu, takes a good whiff and starts licking around ...damn, this episode helped remind me why I love this anime so much haha! (And also when he's staring at that one girl's chest in the bar scene and his eyes are about to pop out).

What confuses me right now is how does Norn look much older than a toddler if only 1.5 years have passed since the teleportation event? (unless the teleportation involved some kind of time warp)

Eris was so cute at the end when she was trying to provide "comfort", and I'm trying to remember at what earlier part in the series did she start caring/falling for Rudeus (can somebody help remind me?) I just like how Eris is some sassy tsundere who is slightly older than Rudeus (a super bonus) and yet gradually falls for MC Rudeus. I mean, I know they're blood relatives and all, but this is one (fictional) incestuous relationship that I'd wholly support. Go Eris, go!
kuwangpaNov 1, 2021 5:09 PM
Nov 1, 2021 5:24 PM

Jul 2017
kuwangpa said:

What confuses me right now is how does Norn look much older than a toddler if only 1.5 years have passed since the teleportation event? (unless the teleportation involved some kind of time warp)

Norn I think is 5 or 5 and a half years old now, and 3 and a half/4 years old during the Teleport Incident in episode 8. Around when Rudeus left, she was 1-1 and a half years old along with Aisha. Not sure of the exact ages myself and whether she was 3 or 4 when the mana calamity happened but that's around the ages approx. You could see in episode 8 she was still being carried around by Zenith but being able to stand on her own and stuff, although she was very shy then.
Nov 1, 2021 5:37 PM

Mar 2015
This episode ended way, way too soon.
The sword that takes life gives life
Nov 1, 2021 6:17 PM

Jan 2021
This was a really good episode both for the PLOT and the plot twist
Nov 1, 2021 6:28 PM

Aug 2019
kuwangpa said:

Timeline:
413 Norn is born.
414 Rudy is sent to the Boreas household and the last time he saw Norn.
417 Teleport Incident.
418 We are currently here in episode 16, Rudy meets Norn again.
Nov 1, 2021 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
GGcc78 said:
Lacertoss said:

This. I'm really scared for people that actually think this is normal behavior for a person to have, let alone a parent, lol.

Considering everything we saw from Paul so far, including his attachment to his family, this is absolutely jarring and completely out of character as well.
. I also think his behaving out of character is the point.

I understand that this is the point, and I'm sure that the author probably wrote a very sad flashback that we will witness later, but it's a stupid point.

No one simply changes from water to wine like that, especially after getting to contact your long-lost son, which you would think would trigger some emotions of relief/empathy in a person. People don't have just one personality trait "look, I'm hardened now", instead they have several layers that meeting and interacting with different people unlock.

But no, the author just makes him act like a complete dick and ignore the feelings that any regular human being would feel in this situation, regardless of trauma. It's just not believable in any sense, it doesn't matter what he went through, that the fact that he finds one of the people he has been looking for over a year had this effect on him. The conflict felt super forced, if Rudy had been acting without caring after staying with Paul for a while and already learning of the details of what happened, I could believe in the situation, but the way it was written was absolute trash, which is sad because I was actually enjoying the show a lot until this point.
Nov 1, 2021 6:47 PM
Dec 2007
Lacertoss said:
GGcc78 said:
. I also think his behaving out of character is the point.

I understand that this is the point, and I'm sure that the author probably wrote a very sad flashback that we will witness later, but it's a stupid point.

No one simply changes from water to wine like that, especially after getting to contact your long-lost son, which you would think would trigger some emotions of relief/empathy in a person. People don't have just one personality trait "look, I'm hardened now", instead they have several layers that meeting and interacting with different people unlock.

But no, the author just makes him act like a complete dick and ignore the feelings that any regular human being would feel in this situation, regardless of trauma. It's just not believable in any sense, it doesn't matter what he went through, that the fact that he finds one of the people he has been looking for over a year had this effect on him. The conflict felt super forced, if Rudy had been acting without caring after staying with Paul for a while and already learning of the details of what happened, I could believe in the situation, but the way it was written was absolute trash, which is sad because I was actually enjoying the show a lot until this point.
Well, I completely disagree with you but to each his own
Nov 1, 2021 8:25 PM

Jan 2021
Yuri_Cobaia said:
Everything bad about this show resolves around the pedophile/abuser that reeincarnated in Rudy's body. Why? Because no matter how the narrative goes, he never changes. He is always this stupid WEABOO inside of a child body.

Everything that Paul said to him is completely TRUE FACTS that makes me vomit knowing that there is a stupid 30 years old behind it.

This show is a entertainment proof that there are LOSER people in the world regardless how strong they re. The protagonist of this is show is absolute garbage as a person, i hate him in every aspect ratio.

And seeing Elis conforting him in the last scene, was very irritating, because he does not deserve that.

Paul the real one here.

You mean Paul the actual Rapist?
Nov 1, 2021 9:12 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Feeling conflicted, because all things considered I was on Rudeus's side throughout the episode until I read this forum.
Yes he's an asshole, but maybe because as the watcher--it didn't even occur to me he could contact his family logistically (since he was on the other side of the world). Yes, Rudeus's horny attitude has been exhausting after s1ep1, but like maybe another factor I've been counting on is he technically hadn't seen his family for years before that point because he was with Eris. You could say even in his previous life he didn't really have any familial connection that requires him to check in with others.All in all, maybe I'm the scummy one but his actions were very..in character for him? After all Paul, you raised a talented kid, not necessarily an overly-righteous or empathetic one. Both him and his dad taking deeply lowjabs at each other like father like son.

Werty3142 said:
Did anyone else get r/AmITheAsshole vibes from this episode. I thought it was pretty good though.

lmao maybe I am the asshole here.

But...then again after reading this forum I was like...oh shit. I'm the asshole for not immediately siding with Paul lmao. Anyone can see he's been through it. I hate that my initial thought though is--considering his history and also the fact his mental and existential health IS in shambles, I do wonder if he did shag anyone in his party...you know....
Nov 1, 2021 11:04 PM

Jul 2013
The drama part was so well done
Nov 1, 2021 11:58 PM

Aug 2020
mann this hit hardd

I thought it was strange we see nothing about sylphie or the others but I never really thought about it that much.

Idk who I'm gonna side with here. Like on one hand, Rudy's like what lmao 11 years old? Yeah sure he's mentally 30 but its not like shit was easy for him. He's had just as much experience with this world as everyone aside from that fact that he's gifted with magic. On the other, Paul looks like he's been through so much. The tension was just so awkward in the bar. Turns out they're a search and rescue team for the ones that got teleported.

The moment Paul said "how could they know" I knew something was off.

Man.

guess the best they can do right know is team up but idk how they're gonna go with this. Eris comforting Rudy was wholesome af.
Nov 2, 2021 1:32 AM

Apr 2010
Nossva said:
For Novel readers
Ive been reading the manga and its actually a bit diferent from anime and i want to know if its adaptad from the novel or its just an original from anime.

The original source material is the novel. The anime is adapting the novel. The manga is a pretty mediocre adaptation of the novel.
Nov 2, 2021 1:36 AM

Mar 2017
hassan-san said:
Kobeanie said:
How the hell is Rudy in the wrong?! He's a child and he was teleported to a place he didn't know with the responsibility of not just keeping himself alive but Eris too. Of course his only thought would be getting home safely! Plus, how the hell was he supposed to know to find the others?! Paul is such an asshole!

He's wrong if he already saw the poster (search for displaced people by that disaster). Paul thinks Rudy saw that and do nothing, which is wrong if that's actually what's happened. But Rudy didn't see the poster and didn't realize the severity of the disaster.

I get that Rudy was out of order for not considering his family but was it worth the fracture that Paul caused between them? No, it wasn’t. He also didn’t listen to Rudy when he tried to explain that he never saw the posters which is wrong. Plus Paul has spent the time being a scummy drunk so he’s just as bad as Rudy if we see it from Paul’s perspective
Nov 2, 2021 1:58 AM
Mar 2012
Kobeanie said:
hassan-san said:

He's wrong if he already saw the poster (search for displaced people by that disaster). Paul thinks Rudy saw that and do nothing, which is wrong if that's actually what's happened. But Rudy didn't see the poster and didn't realize the severity of the disaster.

I get that Rudy was out of order for not considering his family but was it worth the fracture that Paul caused between them? No, it wasn’t. He also didn’t listen to Rudy when he tried to explain that he never saw the posters which is wrong. Plus Paul has spent the time being a scummy drunk so he’s just as bad as Rudy if we see it from Paul’s perspective

paul is definitely in the wrong, but i understand why he did it. man has lost both wives and a daughter and a son. also been organizing search party since the incident but havent found any of them.

just please consider paul's situation before badmouthing him
Nov 2, 2021 3:21 AM

Oct 2008
WAY TO GO! sudden turn of events!
that drama was exactly what we needed to wake-up Rudy from reality...hehehe
5/5.

Nov 2, 2021 10:49 AM

Aug 2011
This episode reinforced my idea that everything would be much better and make more sense if Rudeus and Eris were older.

Even in S1 it was a bit odd just how bloody young Rudeus did things, but I won't get into that and instead focus on this episode. Paul is disgusted that his 11 year old son didn't somehow man up and take the massive responsibility of looking for his family. Dude, your prepubescent child got disappeared and this is your reaction? Then Rudeus beats up his old man, and everyone looks with disgust at him... I don't know about you, but if an 11 year old child beat up a grown dude I'd laugh, not be disgusted. All of this would make tons more sense if Rudeus was a young adult, or at least in his late teens. As a young man it would make sense to have expectations of him, and to look in disgust as he beats up an older gentleman. Instead this is all jarring.

Adding a few years to the youngest characters would also make away with the sickening paedopilic aspects of the story. Win win, if you ask me.
Nov 2, 2021 10:54 AM

Nov 2012
Alvaritoterreos said:
ThePurplePaladin said:
Honestly I never thought about the disaster separating everyone else either, I just thought it happens to Rudues and the others. It makes a lot of sense now that it affected the whole area, idk how I didn’t think about that...
Then you didn0t watch the whole anime so far, Roxy was also involved in this phenomenon and that's why she is going around with other 2 randoms, and the anime even shows Roxy reading a list of lost people when she sees Paul's message.

Holy badonkers looks like you are THE ONE NOT WATCHING the anime so far, Roxy was in Shirone Kingdom when the cataclysm happened, and it's waaay far from Fittoa Region where it happened, and that's why she responded to the rescue accordingly. FFS.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Nov 2, 2021 11:00 AM
May 2016
I didn't think there will be a day i see psychological drama in an isekai harem with op main anime. Usually these kind of aspect don't appear in a comedy fantasy anime but here it is. I totally thought the 2nd season went downhill but this episode proved me wrong.
Nov 2, 2021 11:10 AM
May 2016
issen-ken-taka said:
This episode reinforced my idea that everything would be much better and make more sense if Rudeus and Eris were older.

Even in S1 it was a bit odd just how bloody young Rudeus did things, but I won't get into that and instead focus on this episode. Paul is disgusted that his 11 year old son didn't somehow man up and take the massive responsibility of looking for his family. Dude, your prepubescent child got disappeared and this is your reaction? Then Rudeus beats up his old man, and everyone looks with disgust at him... I don't know about you, but if an 11 year old child beat up a grown dude I'd laugh, not be disgusted. All of this would make tons more sense if Rudeus was a young adult, or at least in his late teens. As a young man it would make sense to have expectations of him, and to look in disgust as he beats up an older gentleman. Instead this is all jarring.

Adding a few years to the youngest characters would also make away with the sickening paedopilic aspects of the story. Win win, if you ask me.
You have to understand that Rudeus is the only son that Paul have and Rudeus has always been this "grown up" son despite his body, he is used to treating Rudeus like a man. Just imagine your grown up son got turn into a boy, at first you will be surprised but then you will get used to it. Just like how they used to be surprised at how knowledgable and adult Rudeus is. Then time to time, Rudeus potrays an image of an adult (because he is techically one) and drive Paul to have high expectation of him.
And i don't think those were looks of disgust, they were just feeling sad for Paul. They have only know about Paul's perspective and not only that, it did sound like Rudeus was having fun through his story so they're definately on Pau)'s side. Rudeus just got reminded of his old classmates and think that those were looks of disgust.
Neo-NatsugiNov 2, 2021 11:18 AM
Nov 2, 2021 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
The story is honestly so brought out well by the author.

Paul (Rudeus' dad) looks so bad and tired! He should be taking care of himself more!
Also, I feel bad for the teleported. Hundreds have died because of it and because of the place those people got teleported in!

Rudeus didn't think about her biological mom in his new life when he met his dad. qwq
I hope that his mom is doing fine though!
Nov 2, 2021 11:27 AM

Aug 2011
Neo-Natsugi said:
issen-ken-taka said:

You have to understand that Rudeus is the only son that Paul have and Rudeus has always been this "grown up" son despite his body, he is used to treating Rudeus like a man. Just imagine your grown up son got turn into a boy, at first you will be surprised but then you will get used to it. Just like how they used to be surprised at how knowledgable and adult Rudeus is. Then time to time, Rudeus potrays an image of an adult (because he is techically one) and drive Paul to have high expectation of him.
And i don't think those were looks of disgust, they were just feeling sad for Paul. They have only know about Paul's perspective and not only that, it did sound like Rudeus was having fun through his story so they're definately on Pau)'s side. Rudeus just got reminded of his old classmates and think that those were looks of disgust.

We can make excuses and suspect our disbelief all we want. The current ages aren't entirely nonsensical, that's not my point. My point is that it would make MORE sense and overall benefit the story if he were older. Eris too.

Jobless really is an exceptionally well written story, but I can't help but suspect the author found it difficult to hold back his hornyness and it bled a bit too much in the story. I want to believe that all of the perversions and paedophilia is intended as part of Rudeus' character arc, but knowing Japan and it's LN culture I doubt that's entirely the case. Even so, if in the end we do get a good character arc that redeems Rudeus, I'd be happy, only issue is that it seems the anime doesn't do as good a job as the novel did, from what I've read on the topic.
Nov 2, 2021 11:33 AM

Aug 2020
paul handled that one like a dickhead tbh rudeus is like 13 isn’t he? you can’t expect him to carry the world on his back just because he’s displayed behavior that has exceeded his age prior..
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Nov 2, 2021 12:04 PM

Oct 2021
I get that he's broken because of the disaster, but Paul really didn't handle that situation well.

On the other hand, I do think Rudeus could have done more to help (like reaching out to his parents), and it was weird that he seemed more concerned about Sylphie than his mother.
Nov 2, 2021 1:22 PM

Jan 2021
SeaJaeger said:
Alvaritoterreos said:

Holy badonkers looks like you are THE ONE NOT WATCHING the anime so far, Roxy was in Shirone Kingdom when the cataclysm happened, and it's waaay far from Fittoa Region where it happened, and that's why she responded to the rescue accordingly. FFS.
Have you seen a Map of the world? Shirone Kingdom isn't that far at all, especially compared to the Demon Continent she ends up after which is on the other side of the world, can't be sure exaclty but at the start of Episode 11 it looks like she is in Roa(or whats left of it). She could see the clouds from the mana incident because Fittoa is literally at the Bottom of the mountains she was looking at from the palace.
dabdabgooseNov 2, 2021 1:31 PM
Nov 2, 2021 2:29 PM

Sep 2014
damn the story just keeps giving. this is a complicated situation. I always just assumed mail doesnt get delivered over such distances, what else would be the point of the travel, but I guess if its obvious for one half and the other doesnt know about the scale of the teleportation at all its easy to miss. Its not just Rudi after all, if it was that well known his two companions could have picked up that bit of news too.

I never really thought about it, the op animation made it seem massive but surely if that many people where affected it would be a talking point around the world.

Anyway, curious how this will develope now. Will the goal change? Will they start their own search? Going back seems pointless now, especially when you consider what fate Eris awaits there.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 2, 2021 3:12 PM

Jan 2020
Finally, I've been waiting for a pay off for this show. Good episode, are there gonna be more episodes like this in the future? I don't care about Rudy's perverted nature or horny stuff, I want more dark shit.
man.
Nov 2, 2021 3:13 PM

Oct 2014
Paul really is a perpetual ass of a character.

First things first: Rudeus is your fucking son and the first thing you do after finding out who he is, not having seen him for 'years', is to be passive aggressive and accusatory. He's your son, hug him you blunt brained wallop!

With that out of the way, there are many layers as to why Paul is so in the wrong here.

The most obvious thing is, not listening to what Rudeus is telling him, not just what he literally says.
Rudeus made it clear he didn't know anyone else got teleported. He had no reason to assume that was the case, because he wasn't fkn there.

Paul not being upfront and not actually telling Rudeus immediately that other people got teleported is such a shitty thing to do. Even worse is how when Rudeus is concerned about Sylphie, Paul chastises him for caring about her before his mother who also got teleported. Again, something Rudy didn't know and this time Paul knew Rudeus wasn't aware.

Also, deciding to have such a personal discussion in public, especially when it becomes clear that Rudeus aren't aware of the larger scope of what happened, is again a really shitty move from Paul.

Yes, Paul and Rudeus's relationship has been awkward and strained in the past and Paul is aware that his son is gifted and in ways more rational than a kid his age tends to be, but from Paul's perspective Rudeus is still a child. HIS child. What Paul is expecting here and the guilt hes laying at Rudeus's feet is a lot. Unreasonably so, in fact.

You could argue that Paul is being unreasonable because he's distressed because his family disappeared and he's been looking for them for over a year. While that is true, that only makes matters worse with how he approaches his own son. Doesn't help that due to his actions here, Rudeus's re-introduction to his younger sister is now tainted.

I didn't particularly mind or dislike Paul before, even though he's clearly not a good family man, but this moves him into detestable territory.
Nov 2, 2021 3:18 PM
Dec 2007
astoneon said:
Finally, I've been waiting for a pay off for this show. Good episode, are there gonna be more episodes like this in the future? I don't care about Rudy's perverted nature or horny stuff, I want more dark shit.
Yes. Youll be getting much more of this for the foreseeable future.
Nov 2, 2021 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
yoo what was that ? This is trash isekai ? Wow. This ep is absolutely amazing. The story is become more interesting each ep. I don't regret it to wait.
Nov 2, 2021 5:42 PM

Sep 2007
Anyone else feel like any hope of a nice Norn x Rudy sibling relationship is now permanently damaged (maybe even beyond repair?)

It broke my heart [multiple times] the moment Norn stepped in to "shield" Paul and say "Stop picking on my dad!" without any sort of acknowledgement or hope of recognizing Rudy as...well....her sibling.

I can totally feel Rudy's pain of being rejected by family (on top of that the cold stares that everyone else in the room was giving him that reminded him of his previous life)...I would've ran outta there in a heartbeat instead of that slow march out that he was doing...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Nov 2, 2021 7:44 PM
Oct 2021
Ikano said:
Anyone else feel like any hope of a nice Norn x Rudy sibling relationship is now permanently damaged (maybe even beyond repair?)

It broke my heart [multiple times] the moment Norn stepped in to "shield" Paul and say "Stop picking on my dad!" without any sort of acknowledgement or hope of recognizing Rudy as...well....her sibling.

I can totally feel Rudy's pain of being rejected by family (on top of that the cold stares that everyone else in the room was giving him that reminded him of his previous life)...I would've ran outta there in a heartbeat instead of that slow march out that he was doing...

I can giving a light interesting spoiler

Nov 2, 2021 7:47 PM
Oct 2021
GGcc78 said:
astoneon said:
Yes. Youll be getting much more of this for the foreseeable future.

This anime main point is

"I wanna have happy good family"

Yes, most of it was conflict that involving his family
Nov 2, 2021 8:20 PM

Apr 2009
C'est la vie, Rudy! Even on your resurrection in isekai! And here I thought you have matured just a bit, nope you're still stuck in your socially awkward NEET mind from your old life in this magical boy's body.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 2, 2021 9:07 PM

Apr 2014
Broke: Paul is bad man for beating his child
Woke: The sheer amount of deux ex machina needed to accidentally run into your kid randomly on an entire continent is unnerving.
Nov 3, 2021 5:16 AM
Oct 2019
oh boy the reunion with Paul. wasn't expecting Paul to look like this at all.
Things just go serious out of sudden, holy shit.

you know the episode was good when it feels like just 5 mins in.

Nov 3, 2021 5:25 AM
Mar 2019
I didn't liked this series until I watched this episode. The way the plot has been thickened and twisted from that single moment of an accidental meeting of the father and son. The way how the whole journey of Rudeus became a memory linked with disappointment and regret. The way how the story went flawlessly from joy, thrill, and drama. This is how every fantasy anime series should be. 10/10 hands down
I love K-On, and so should you.

Nov 3, 2021 5:28 AM

Nov 2012
dabdabgoose said:
SeaJaeger said:

Have you seen a Map of the world? Shirone Kingdom isn't that far at all, especially compared to the Demon Continent she ends up after which is on the other side of the world, can't be sure exaclty but at the start of Episode 11 it looks like she is in Roa(or whats left of it). She could see the clouds from the mana incident because Fittoa is literally at the Bottom of the mountains she was looking at from the palace.

And my point still stands, the cataclysm only involved the Fittoa Region. We're not gonna argue on the semantics of 'far' now are we? Bottom line is, Roxy was far from ground zero and far enough to know Fittoa was ground zero for the cataclysm & eventually gathered her former partymates to start a search for Rudeus and fam.

Protaku said:
Broke: Paul is bad man for beating his child
Woke: The sheer amount of deux ex machina needed to accidentally run into your kid randomly on an entire continent is unnerving.

It doesn't help that Hitogami is literally a deified deus ex machina for Rudeus.
SeaJaegerNov 3, 2021 5:33 AM

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Nov 3, 2021 11:55 AM

Feb 2012
Yuri_Cobaia said:
Everything bad about this show resolves around the pedophile/abuser that reeincarnated in Rudy's body. Why? Because no matter how the narrative goes, he never changes. He is always this stupid WEABOO inside of a child body.

Everything that Paul said to him is completely TRUE FACTS that makes me vomit knowing that there is a stupid 30 years old behind it.

This show is a entertainment proof that there are LOSER people in the world regardless how strong they re. The protagonist of this is show is absolute garbage as a person, i hate him in every aspect ratio.

And seeing Elis conforting him in the last scene, was very irritating, because he does not deserve that.

Paul the real one here.

if you had been paying attention to what happens in this work you would know that Rudeus' teleport happened in the city and not in the village, there is no way he could have the idea that something happened in the village as well.

what the fuck offender/pedophile? he hasn't done anything to anyone, since when is a gamer now an aggressor? you're disgusting blaming the victim, if you don't remember he stayed in the room because he was attacked at school and nobody did anything to help him. and another still didn't show the part of his first relationship with a girl but when he shows she'll be 15 years old, and in japan the age that sex is allowed is 13(in my country it's 14), remembering that these age limits are defined by law, there isn't even a serious psychological study of an international definition just because they find it controversial, and they simply define an age that they think is appropriate.
I know people's real problem isn't his age but because he was fat.
ZeroDownNov 3, 2021 12:08 PM

Nov 3, 2021 12:00 PM

Feb 2012
it's absurd that so many people complaining that Rudeus didn't care about the family since he didn't even know that something had happened to the village, since he was teleported while he was in the capital.
you guys need to pay more attention to the story.

ZeroDownNov 4, 2021 10:29 AM

Nov 3, 2021 5:57 PM

Dec 2020
didnt care for this episode, both paul and rudy irritated me the entire time they had that convo. good animation as usual
Nov 3, 2021 6:59 PM

May 2019
Just to not forget the most KINO part of the episode.

Slurp Slurp
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

472 by Artemis_Furrson »»
Jun 11, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2021

313 by haminshamin »»
Jun 9, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2021

292 by AF_vegeta »»
Jun 7, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

469 by ItzAvi »»
Jun 5, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

416 by marta_valse »»
May 27, 3:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.