Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 8, 2009 6:09 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
I just want to point out we're halfway through the show and there still no plot. Considering this is Manglobe, I also doubt there will be any resolution, and I guess in the next two episodes something big is going to happen that barely gets dealt with.

Don't worry, bro: Proxy One will appear at the end, there will be a fight with no animation and spaceships will come down to Earth. Then, the last line will be something like "I'm death." It'll be fucking awesome.

I don't even know why I'm watching this anyome. Beyond there being contracts with the devil and a bad guy wearing a black cape (/original), I have no idea what's going on. You wouldn't expect a short series to have one episode focused on a side character buying a dress, as well as showing her daily habits, but TSB did. There isn't even enough story content to fit into 12 episodes... maybe not even six.

The way Demon Swords got thrown around for fun in this episode made Aria seem totally normal, removing any awe factor she had (not that she did). Now she's just an ok at best anime girl that turns into a decent sword. Also, Cecily was once again shown to be totally useless, proving she was wrong to pick a sword over a frying pan.
Nov 8, 2009 6:29 PM

Jun 2009
Proof that Cecily is finally learning how to actually fight.
Nov 8, 2009 6:43 PM

Jun 2009
Haha this was a funny episode!
Nov 8, 2009 7:01 PM

Jun 2008
i have to drop this series, i just cant stand Cecily's character, she just makes me mad whenever i see her.
Nov 8, 2009 8:04 PM

Jul 2009

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 8, 2009 8:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ok, suddenly we get this intense fighting :/

obviously the three should have fought together against Cecily like in the beginning... Too much pride maybe?

lol at Luke owning everyone. He's obviously beyond all the characters introduced so far...

So...what's the story again?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 8, 2009 8:14 PM

Nov 2007
Well, Cecily impressed me this episode! Holding her own against three enemies, sometimes all at once. And sticking up for Aria was good, too. Hopefully she'll stay this way from now on & won't go back to being whiny and all over Luke.

Now, please to be moving the plot along kthnx.
Nov 8, 2009 8:32 PM

Sep 2008
ok too many demon swords out of the sudden. and one pont i found weird is the fact that they dont know what a blacksmith is in a world where almost anyone needs a sword...
uuuuu poor Cecil, and her budget 2
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 8, 2009 11:16 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
BitchMaster said:
YEAH that what I thought. Are they serious??

Spookt said:
that was awesome :) i'm glad she's not such a pansy.

Hercule said:

YES!!

Zero_r2 said:
you did not just "uuuuu" us -____-
but yeah, that sucks for Cecily :(
p r o f i l e 👀
Nov 9, 2009 1:02 AM

Oct 2009
BitchMaster said:

Let me guess.....the balls we guys have on our thing? Right?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 9, 2009 3:23 AM
Oct 2009
francismeunier said:
BitchMaster said:

Let me guess.....the balls we guys have on our thing? Right?

Thy naked weapon is out!

/shameless Shakespeare reference
Nov 9, 2009 12:51 PM

Jul 2009
Spookt said:

Sorry, but FALCON PWNCH only worked on women's babymaker, you know that rite, rite, rite?

Nov 9, 2009 2:28 PM

Oct 2009
BitchMaster said:
Spookt said:

Sorry, but FALCON PWNCH only worked on women's babymaker, you know that rite, rite, rite?

Sorry Bitchmaster but you should try punching someone like that when you have no fist experience and then we should see your reaction. I think this a good proof besides knights don't really know this unless they practice some it. So Cecily must have had some practice.

Nov 9, 2009 2:47 PM

Oct 2008
another episode from a very horrible quality
Nov 9, 2009 3:23 PM

Aug 2008
francismeunier said:
So Cecily must have had some practice.
She? Oh come on, more like dumb luck.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 9, 2009 3:34 PM

Oct 2009
Antanaru said:
francismeunier said:

No, she was practicing with Aria at one point and there is Hannibal who should have helped but this assuming because it was not shown. Maybe Luke inspired her after episode 4. Much assuming but all is logical that she could punch like that.

Nov 9, 2009 4:16 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
BitchMaster said:
Spookt said:

Sorry Bitchmaster but you should try punching someone like that when you have no fist experience and then we should see your reaction. I think this a good proof besides knights don't really know this unless they practice some it. So Cecily must have had some practice.

Nah, you don't know my reference so just forget it LOL ;)

Nov 9, 2009 5:17 PM

Dec 2007
francismeunier said:
Antanaru said:
francismeunier said:

No, she was practicing with Aria at one point and there is Hannibal who should have helped but this assuming because it was not shown. Maybe Luke inspired her after episode 4. Much assuming but all is logical that she could punch like that.

Ofcourse, because she shouldn't prioritize on honing her skills with the sword, she should instead punch people when she does infact have a sweet ass sword in her hand. Fantastic.

Anyway, this episode was poor. Charlotte frustrates me, I honestly don't care about her backstory because it's been done to death countless times before. wtf at the introduction of FOUR demon swords in one episode, and why do the wielders suck so much?

Dinner scene was just plain boring and generic, balls dagger was horrible, Luke arrives to the rescue yet again (I swear, he's the only reason I watch this excuse for a show.)

And Cecily sucks, lots.
Nov 9, 2009 7:47 PM

Oct 2009
Tarje said:
Anyway, this episode was poor. Charlotte frustrates me, I honestly don't care about her backstory because it's been done to death countless times before.

You are so true right now. Charlotte's stupid, pitiful backstory was so lame and idek, I just found myself groaning at her attempting to explain why she stormed in, attempted to derail's Luke's little life, and acted like a complete brat.

I'd rather just hate her + be done with it and not be force-fed some BLAH BLAH MOMMY DRAMZ shit.
Nov 10, 2009 11:15 AM

Feb 2009
Lol Charlottes futile attempt to fight Luke was stupid. The fight with Cecily was good, they animated quite good, and those three aquaintances of Charlotte are so annoying. The episode was the best one so far, now can they really further the plot. I hope there is a good plot twist to make the show that little bit more interesting!
Nov 10, 2009 12:57 PM

Dec 2007
DROPPED because of annoying Charlotte.

Seriously, do we need more of those princesses who think the whole world is theirs? Oh, and there is this heartbreaking backstory that justifies trying to kill someone...
Nov 11, 2009 1:20 AM

Mar 2009
I might drop this hehe, I mean...

Zero_r2 said:
ok too many demon swords out of the sudden. and one pont i found weird is the fact that they dont know what a blacksmith is in a world where almost anyone needs a sword...

you didn't get it!! they used the english word but during all the previous eps they used the japanese one. Wich means that it's another word.

Imagine me asking you "I'm looking for an herrero. Do you know one?"
And it's not that you don't know what a blacksmith is.

Got it now?
UnknownFactNov 11, 2009 1:27 AM
Nov 11, 2009 3:08 AM

Oct 2009
BitchMaster said:
francismeunier said:
BitchMaster said:
Spookt said:

I got that reference now but that is way over the limit of this show. Your reference is this:
francismeunierNov 11, 2009 1:59 PM

Nov 11, 2009 12:29 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
BitchMaster said:
francismeunier said:
BitchMaster said:
Spookt said:

I got that reference now but that is way over the limit of this show. Your reference is this

Not really, basically, it was correct but mine involved women hence why the I mentioned to dear friend Spookt about them. But oh well, you got the general idea so all's good...

PS: Take that vid off, since I don't remember whether you can blatantly post a YT vid like that or not. But anyway, thumb up for doing something so daring that I never see anyone else did before LOL

Nov 11, 2009 7:49 PM

May 2009
First this... I loved Luke's expression on his face when they said they will be staying at Cecily's house. Total win...
As for other... WOT. I mean 4 demon swords all of sudden appeared. And the episode starts as they run away from those 3, but how and what happened before is not included. Oh well it was fine just with that Luke's look on his face.
Nov 11, 2009 9:37 PM

Oct 2009
I like Evadne because she's a Kris.
Nov 12, 2009 6:19 AM

Nov 2009
This is just getting pointless...I'm starting to believe I only see this because of Luke and I want to know more about his own story.
Nov 12, 2009 8:53 AM
Oct 2008
Wasabi said:
This once again proves that Cecily is completely fucking useless as a swordsman. Even when she was fighting against Doris solo, she got her ass beaten down and barely scraped by with Aria. She had the arrogance to say "If I use this sword, I can't guarantee your life" and look what happened. She barely won against Doris AND she needed Luke to save her again. I'm so glad she got completely pwned by the three girls but I'd preferred if they roughed her up a bit more until she realizes that she really is an incompetent swordsman.

Why is Luke not the main character?

I also found it strange that they suddenly made "demon swords" so... commonplace. They preached on about how demon swords were so powerful and rare and then suddenly, they introduce four new ones traveling in the same group. If they transformed, I hope they're as hot as Aria.

That pretty much covers all my complaints.

I'm done with this show.
Nov 13, 2009 7:20 AM

Jun 2009
Cliche episode, and new characters seem annoying. A well... it is worth watching, at least because of Lisa and ending song =P
Nov 14, 2009 2:18 AM
Apr 2009
Uggh, more annoying characters. Halfway through this show and still no plot.

And lol at ballcock sword.
dumbfuckNov 14, 2009 2:27 AM
Nov 14, 2009 8:27 AM

Jan 2009
Cecily actually fought, and didn't wimp out?
Oh and Aria's transformation's gotten shorter xD
Wait .. Oh never mind, Cecily didn't win xD
But then Luke comes, and being as awesome as he is, he wins. lol xD That's what makes him cool xD
And I lol'd at

Also, concidering that the previous episode was a worthless filler (although with alot of loli), this was a great episode.
Heck I think it was pretty great anyway, even when I'm not comparing to the last one : D

On the minus though, now Aria, being a demon sword, isn't all that spectacular anymore, since they've introduced not one, but 4 more demon swords =.=' Way to spoil some of the greatness of Aria D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 14, 2009 7:14 PM

Jul 2008
Oosran said:

And I lol'd at

Fuck yeah it made my day, I totaly did not expect this XD.

Great episode
Nov 14, 2009 10:48 PM

Apr 2009
That was great when Luke smirked at Cecily. I lol'd.
I love Charolette's bodygaurds.
Cecily fought well. But of course Luke had to come save the day.
I love him.
Nov 16, 2009 2:24 AM

May 2008
Wth... seriously during the battle, those 3 people (w/e their names are, forgot them already) look like they weren't even serious ... I was thinking they were actually serious about killing her but instead we get some stupid battle where they basically "ALMOST" get owned by Cecily who fails at swordsmanship ... and by the time you get to the end of the episode, their all eating having a great time at a dinner table.

How the heck can you suddenly eat dinner and enjoy it with the people who were trying to kill you just a few hours back?
Nov 16, 2009 9:33 AM

Jan 2009
Fabrice said:
How the heck can you suddenly eat dinner and enjoy it with the people who were trying to kill you just a few hours back?

A forgiving heart? Tch blasphemy, more like memory failure : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 19, 2009 3:18 AM

Jan 2009
this show now is full of loli
Nov 20, 2009 8:31 PM

Mar 2008
Only reason I'm still watching is because I like Luke and Lisa. The series itself is full of lol-fail.
Nov 23, 2009 12:40 PM

Dec 2007
I honestly think Cecily should give up on waiting for receive her katana since she can use Aria as weapon in battle, but I think she should fight alone without using Aria. Cecily actually had an awesome fight despite there’s three opponents against her. I think she will improve with her skill someday. Charlotte’s plan was indeed interesting, but I wonder why three magic swords haven’t transform into a human.
Nov 23, 2009 9:19 PM

Oct 2009
Are they giving out demon swords as party favors now?

Can I have one? How about my cat?

What are the mayor and captain of the guard smoking? Those 4 just tried to kill, (Yes, kill they were serious) one of the city guards, now you give them room and board with an expense tab....?

All that said, decent episode,

our party now consists of
a thief
a bruiser
a swords woman
whatever you call the girl with the extend-o blade(halberder?)
a love interest with a dark secret (mage?/samurai?)
an elf healer.

Does anyone else smell quest coming? They even come complete with their own dethroned princess.
DragnoerNov 23, 2009 9:23 PM
Error 547: No keyboard detected, press F12 for options.

Dec 2, 2009 12:30 AM

Dec 2008
An okay chapter and somewhat surprised that Cecily could hold her ground against the 3 guards who so happen to also have demon blades (not to mention one of them have a demon blade slayer?), though all three are defeated by Luke in quick time lol. Seems like we have new characters in though, and curious to see where this would lead to. Lol at Luke's random smirk to Cecily though xD.
Dec 5, 2009 9:52 AM

Mar 2009
I don't like where all this is heading...

There are way to many lil' girls handling nasty dangerous toys, unforgivable.

Dec 11, 2009 2:13 AM

Apr 2008
wow .. just realised how strong the wind demon sword is o-oll seems stronger than that two other demon sword besides the demon sword slayer

Dec 13, 2009 3:22 PM

May 2008
maxime1007 said:
Oosran said:

And I lol'd at

Fuck yeah it made my day, I totaly did not expect this XD.

Great episode
lmao!
Dec 25, 2009 5:13 PM

Aug 2008
R U sh*tting me? What is this, Cecily on steroids? Did she just watch the a Michael Bay movie or the Matrix? She went completely bad ass on them. Granted it was a group of 12 year olds (or something close). But 12 year olds with demon swords!

DKJ
Feb 10, 2010 8:42 AM

Aug 2009
Yep, I got confused at first. I thought I downloaded a wrong episode. I even checked it to a streaming website just to be sure I was watching the right episode, lol.

Okay so Cecily's fight wasn't that good. Infact, I found it to be rather cheesy. They didn't look like they were fighting seriously at all. This proves that women can't be knights, except for claymores. I was laughing the entire time, lmfao.

Charlotte seems to be an interesting character. She's just like a twin sister of Lisa, lol. Loved how she got scared when Luke was going for her. I wonder how she got those demon swords. Also, this reminded me about the one Luke wanted to kill. He said he needs 100 demon swords to kill someone. Valbanill maybe?
May 14, 2010 4:59 AM

Sep 2009
stAtic91 said:
Great episode. The fight was awesome! Lots of new characters and demon swords were introduced too. I wonder why Charlotte is in possession of that many demon swords, if they're supposed to be very rare. One would think that that amount with one princess is too much.

This.

May 28, 2010 2:44 PM

Feb 2009
Demon Swords are surely popular among kids these days...

I think I didn't understand that princess part. Her mother is a commoner and was thrown out of the castle. So, if that lil' blondie is not recognized as a princess how can she have bodyguards? And why are they all kids?

Luke, as always, was great. I want him gently packed into a box and delivered to me right away~
Jun 24, 2010 2:13 PM
Nov 2009
Terrible episode, also can some1 please ass rape those 4 kids?
Jun 30, 2010 7:13 AM

Dec 2009
Wasabi said:

Why is Luke not the main character?

And THAT is the number one question so far.

I wonder why the little princess wanted Luke?

Shadowmancer said:
Only reason I'm still watching is because I like Luke and Lisa. The series itself is full of lol-fail.

Indeed.
gerb234Jun 30, 2010 7:17 AM
Sep 30, 2010 5:01 PM
Aug 2010
Facts' List:
1-Cecille is useless and stupid.
2-Doris is cool.
3-Luke really likes saving the day.
4-Charlotte sucks. More stupid than Cecille.
5-The battles were cool.

I liked the episode, but not too much.

Ah, and the ending is asking to be a shit. We're in the half of the series and a lot of characters just randonly appear. Only six eps left and we're not going to have a true ending, because the amnga isn't even close to be over.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Dec 19, 2009

175 by WeebKoza »»
Sep 12, 11:51 AM

» Should I watch this anime?

Terium - Feb 27, 2017

7 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Jun 19, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Oct 2, 2009

194 by a0i-kun »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 24, 2009

100 by yngtadpole »»
Sep 19, 2022 11:30 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 14, 2009

85 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 15, 2021 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.