Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 17, 2021 10:33 PM
Mar 2020
Well well!!..its the first battle between class A vs class B and its already grabbing my attention..looking forward for the next match..
Apr 17, 2021 11:27 PM
Jan 2021
The whole fight was amazing
Apr 17, 2021 11:55 PM
Mar 2021
Idk if it has something to do with my earphones and speakers but their VAs are different. Animation quality-wise, I don't really give too much thought to that but I mean its easier to understand that it was in the manga.
Apr 18, 2021 12:45 AM

Dec 2020
its nice to see kaminari not always being treated as the dumb guy. mans pretty smart and we got to see that, though he is still a little careless sometimes. also good ep to showcase the others' quirks especially shindo's. kirishima definitely got left behind fast tho lmao, we got info that he had the same strength as the beast guy but we didnt see much action from him. a lott of character info dialogue which i think could be trimmed a little, good animation, overall decent ep
Apr 18, 2021 12:59 AM
Jan 2021
KumaMerrow said:
2132 said:
no screw you I want this so shut up

No, without Shinso what they did would be useless. Gevaudan and Vine were too much for them.
do you have the wrong guy here because I either said Kaminari also played a part or all of them played a big part none of those 3 could have pulled it off with out the other
Apr 18, 2021 1:42 AM
Apr 2021
Loved this episode.

Also, loved this personality quiz too :
https://www.goforquiz.com/which-bnha-character-are-you/
Apr 18, 2021 2:43 AM

Sep 2018
Finally Shinsou is getting some screentime, my favourite character ever since he was introduced. Asui was also impressive this episode, but a lot of people are ignoring that without Tsuburaba waking up Shishida and trapping Shinsou, 1b would have lost so much sooner.
Apr 18, 2021 3:25 AM

Jul 2013
MasterHavik said:
rizqy96 said:
I really like the strategic teamwork combat element of this so far. Also, Yuuki Aoi (Tsuyu) sounds rather different, huh? Maybe her usual Tsuyu voice's starting to strain her cords?
Doing a voice like that can fuck your shit up. I wouldn't be shocked.

Yeah, I haven't seen any confirmation but it's possible
Apr 18, 2021 3:26 AM

Jul 2013
ttcchen said:
the pacing is slower than i thought. at this point, they'll animate one fight every/2 episode(s). *sigh* i just wish they can get to the good part already. the problem with mha is the pacing is too slow and the story seems to drag out

I'm enjoying this as an anime-only fan. For me, everything have been good so far
Apr 18, 2021 5:34 AM

Jan 2011
rizqy96 said:
MasterHavik said:
Doing a voice like that can fuck your shit up. I wouldn't be shocked.

Yeah, I haven't seen any confirmation but it's possible
I mean it's the same reason Frizea's OG English vocie in DBZ quit doing him as it was fucking up her voice.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Apr 18, 2021 7:24 AM
Oct 2012
2132 said:
KumaMerrow said:

No, without Shinso what they did would be useless. Gevaudan and Vine were too much for them.
do you have the wrong guy here because I either said Kaminari also played a part or all of them played a big part none of those 3 could have pulled it off with out the other

LOL I quoted the wrong meesage.

But no, Tsuyu and Kaminari totally depended of Shinso actions. Class B was superior in this match.
Apr 18, 2021 8:02 AM

Mar 2019
Nice episode. More focus on Shinso which is nice. Thought it's still hard to make us care about class since we barely know anything about them except a few.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 18, 2021 8:50 AM
Sep 2018
Hitoshi is a very strong character. He can be very very good
Apr 18, 2021 9:15 AM
Oct 2019
Good Strategy from Asui and Kaminari..
As expected Experience really playing big part on this battle.

Damn where is Present Mic when we need him...
Apr 18, 2021 10:18 AM
Jul 2020
Is this season going anywhere, its kinda boring so far
Apr 18, 2021 1:28 PM
Mar 2018
animation was clean, much better than the disappointing first episode
Apr 18, 2021 1:36 PM

Oct 2017
Good episode. Class B definitely improved but so did class A.

Looking forward to seeing the next battles.
Apr 18, 2021 4:19 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
It was alright. It's crazy how much shinso has changed compared to season 2 and I'm glad 1A took the win on this one

Apr 18, 2021 6:04 PM

Mar 2019
Nice recover after 3 mediocre episodes...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 18, 2021 6:31 PM
Jan 2021
KumaMerrow said:
2132 said:

LOL I quoted the wrong meesage.

But no, Tsuyu and Kaminari totally depended of Shinso actions. Class B was superior in this match.

how without Shinsou, Kaminari and Tsuyu could not have got the upper hand true but Shinso couldn’t beat all of them on his own Tsuyu did that and he never would have gotten them under his brainwashing without Kaminari decoy maneuver so they depended on each other literally mineata said Shinsou was great then Deku said he was great because Tsuyu and Kaminari came up with good strategies that could amplify the usefulness of his quirk on a nother note the only reason Shinsou got away the first time was because Kaminari and Tsuyu intervened and Tsuyu came up with the idea to cover Shinsou and Kaminari to disguise themselves and without Kaminari disc that can be tracked they wouldn’t have been able to find them although Tsuyu pointed it out they still all needed one another to win. Hell Shinsou himself mentioned how underdeveloped in this then Kaminari was so im confused Shinsou did nothing of strategizing but he was very useful they could not have done it without the other but both Kaminari and Tsuyu took action instantly where Shinsou was slow to react and Shinsou did nothing other then follow he said he needed to become someone who can be on his own and win and both Kaminari and Tsuyu have done that before
2132Apr 18, 2021 6:45 PM
Apr 19, 2021 9:19 AM

Feb 2021
Solace546 said:
I'm loving seeing class-B quirks... Plus Shinso is main in this one so I'm just happy about that. Hoping he'll beat Deku and 1-A honestly 😳

If 1-A wins every match I'll be upset
i'm expecting the last match to be deku vs shinsou and that class 1-A and class 1-B will win the same number of fights up unti lthe final one(i haven't read the manga so this is just an hypotesis) i'm not sure about the last one, but i hope shinsou wins.
Apr 19, 2021 9:24 AM
Jan 2021
e5812 said:
Solace546 said:
I'm loving seeing class-B quirks... Plus Shinso is main in this one so I'm just happy about that. Hoping he'll beat Deku and 1-A honestly 😳

If 1-A wins every match I'll be upset
i'm expecting the last match to be deku vs shinsou and that class 1-A and class 1-B will win the same number of fights up unti lthe final one(i haven't read the manga so this is just an hypotesis) i'm not sure about the last one, but i hope shinsou wins.
That would be so good! I'm always hoping for them to be tied til there so that 1-B doesn't look bad😂 And yeah I'm really hoping Shinso will beat Deku! I'm really excited to see him and Monoma together, but I sadly I think Deku will win😪
Apr 19, 2021 9:40 AM

Feb 2021
Solace546 said:
e5812 said:
That would be so good! I'm always hoping for them to be tied til there so that 1-B doesn't look bad😂 And yeah I'm really hoping Shinso will beat Deku! I'm really excited to see him and Monoma together, but I sadly I think Deku will win😪
i'd like to see monoma copying shinsou's quirk and shinsou giving him the persona code to fool everyone, but i doubt that'll happen, hopefully shinsou will be admitted in the hero course however the match go, but i root for shinsou.
Apr 19, 2021 9:46 AM
Jan 2021
e5812 said:
Solace546 said:
i'd like to see monoma copying shinsou's quirk and shinsou giving him the persona code to fool everyone, but i doubt that'll happen, hopefully shinsou will be admitted in the hero course however the match go, but i root for shinsou.
bro that's literally what I was thinking! It would be so smart to trick them by using Shinso as bait for Monoma to do that. I bet Shinso will get admitted, I don't think he'll be very important after this arc though, same with 1-B😭
Apr 19, 2021 1:22 PM

May 2017
Finally some strategic battles again. That was one of the main things the previous season lacked. Great first impressions for this arc. It probably won't move the story forward much, but at least it seems to be really enjoyable unlike the Overhaul arc.
Apr 19, 2021 8:09 PM
Mar 2018
Wait, it's already episode 4.

Awesome first fight. Great impression on how the other fights would be animated and choreographed. Hopefully, we don't get another slideshow fight again.

Apr 19, 2021 10:01 PM
Feb 2013
Zapstotaku said:
Best episode of Season 5 so far.
My thoughts:

-The art in the previous episodes looked kinda... awkward, I would say. But it's got much more consistent and crisp for this one.
-The animation was spectacular. We got some very nice fluid and expressive sakuga moments. The best were definetly Denki approaching Shishida and Shishida chasing after Shinso.
-Rin's VA didn't gave to go this hard on the voice acting, but he did, haha.
-Soundtrack was nice.
-Tsuburama is a fucking simp.
-Shinso is now one of my favorite characters.
-Tsuyu's voice got... Deeper? Matured? More serious? Idk how to say it exactly but I hope I'm not the only one noticing Tsuyu's different tone.

Overall 9/10 or even 10/10 episode. Lots of hype and Bones is doing an excellent job with the directing, even though this is considered one of the weaker arcs of the manga.

Finally someone else who also noticed Tsuyu's voice not being the usual froggy tone, but more "humanized". Like what's with that change? Hope we get a explanation how her voice didn't have the froggy characteristics of it.

Bobby2Hands said:
StardustReverie said:
The VA of the frog bitch completely forgot how to act huh?

I think she just kinda...stopped trying.

Wonder why first now after 94 episodes and 2 movies though :S
Apr 20, 2021 7:53 AM

May 2012
At first I was not looking forward so much about to this season but wow this episode exceed my expectations! This is really why Hero Academia shines for me! The teamwork! Plus, more exposure for the other characters to explore their strengths. Glad that I am hyped again and I am excited to see the other students quirks as well.
Apr 20, 2021 8:32 AM
Feb 2021
I loved seeing how much Kaminari has improved his quirk. Also, Tsuyu's leadership capabilities make her one of the strongest in the class imo. Huge Kirishima fan so I was disappointed to see how they utilized him in this episode.
Apr 20, 2021 8:33 AM
Feb 2021
I loved seeing how much Kaminari has improved his quirk. Also, Tsuyu's leadership capabilities make her one of the strongest in the class imo. Huge Kirishima fan so I was disappointed to see how they utilized him in this episode.
Apr 20, 2021 12:31 PM

Nov 2013
meh, i don't like his brainwashing skill lol

Tsuyu and Kaminari were cool tho
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 20, 2021 4:01 PM

Jul 2017
Damn Shinso's Quirk is useful as hell. didn't expect it got some voice changing feature.

is it only me or Asui's voice kinda different than usual?
Apr 20, 2021 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty good episode. Tbh I didn't expect Shishida being that strong. He alone gave class A such a hard time. Asui came up with a clever idea covering Shinsos, Kaminaris and her body with her toxic mucus so that Shishida couldn't tell who is who.

Brave move of Kaminari to get caught and giving Asui and Shinso the chance to take the enemy team out. So that's Shinsos other move binding cloth which he learned from Aizawa? I'm sure he can still improve a lot more but for the first time being involved in such a training scenario he did a really good job.

But probs to class B. I didn't expect them to became so strong. They are definitely on the way to become even with class A which is amazing. Can't wait to see how the other matches will go.

Apr 20, 2021 9:44 PM

Dec 2018
this whole ep was pretty good. Animation was great as well.
Apr 21, 2021 9:52 PM

Nov 2017
It's so nice to have characters be proper dudes. Good ep. The dub has Demon Slayer syndrome, marketed for young children. Hard to track the subs sometimes though, so many characters. Guess I'll get used to it.

Why they gotta' treat all animation like it's for 6-8 year olds in my country? Can't trust these dub companies, always slippin' one by.
Apr 23, 2021 7:04 PM
Apr 2017
Shinso is hanging in there.
Apr 24, 2021 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, time for my man Tokoyami to shine!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 25, 2021 7:20 AM
Jan 2020
good teamwork for A class! i guess experience really makes a difference
Apr 29, 2021 3:56 PM
May 2020
I liked this episode much more than the previous one. Animation was really good. Shinso despite being very inexperienced was very useful. Also, Asui is a best girl!

I still find recaps in the beginning very annoying, but I am starting to like OP(it is still pretty weak though)

5/5 episode for me.
May 1, 2021 10:38 PM

Dec 2013
The animation for this episode was surprisingly impressive!

Nice to see Kaminari actually using his head for once.
May 8, 2021 3:27 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Shinso is such a great character, makes me wish he was the protagonist.
May 9, 2021 7:39 AM

Mar 2010
Finally a proper episode, it was fun, interesting and dynamic. The best part? Idk so many wrapped in such a short time. But yeah twas great to see great workmanship.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 10, 2021 10:36 PM

Jun 2013
It's impressive that Shinso's skills have improved so much. :">
May 17, 2021 1:35 AM

Jun 2013
LOL this mofo here losing but winning at the same time.

臭い-
May 21, 2021 6:03 PM

Jan 2020
Eh, it was fine I guess.
I liked how they actually used strategy and how Denki finally came up with a good plan for once.
But in entertainment, it just didn't hit the spot.
May 29, 2021 8:37 PM

Mar 2014
Nice, not only is his skill directly useful but it also indirectly destroys enemy communication and trust
Jun 9, 2021 12:49 AM

Jun 2020
I loved this episode!!!!!! Bcoz I love Shinsou♡

Damn, what a humbling experience for him. I loved seeing him work with others. And him realising just how far ahead they are yet still so humble. And they definitely couldn’t have done it without one another. Rooting for Shinsou!!!!!! ♡♡

L O L @ Vlad King!!!!!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 12, 2021 10:19 PM

Mar 2009
I'm just going to assume Aoi Yuuki was straining her voice big time as Tsuyu. Would make sense. Or, the voice director wanted a different performance from her, for some reason.
Jul 9, 2021 2:41 AM

Jun 2021
THE FIRST MATCH; CLASS 1A WINS AGAINST CLASS 1B

SHINSO IMPROVED HIS SKILLS VERY MUCH THE TEAMWORK BETWEEN THEM IS INCREDIBLE.GO! PLUS ULTRA[FURTHER BEYOUND]
Aug 4, 2021 1:17 PM

Mar 2016
The first match has begun, it ended as easily as it began, props to Shinso for keeping up with Tsuyu and Kaminari despite being severely behind in his heroic capabilities.

Why does Tsuyu's VA sound different? I don't think the VA changed...
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

215 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 16, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

298 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 16, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

123 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 16, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

155 by ToG25thBaam »»
Sep 16, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

149 by WhoTFTookMarina »»
Sep 8, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.