Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2021 10:21 AM
May 2016
Disappointed we only get 11 episodes for season 1 but great set up for season 2. Loved it, probably best show of the season. The wait for season 2 will be difficult :(
Mar 21, 2021 10:21 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
There was... definitely some bumps on the road but overall, i (mostly) really enjoyed what i saw this season, looking forward for the second part this summer.

8/10.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 21, 2021 10:22 AM

Oct 2020
The final episode of this season! There was some action in the earlier parts of this episode but, it was mostly development. Ruijerd and Rudeus get into a conflict but, it gets quickly resolved. Bald Ruijerd was a very strange new look. Rudeus spying on Eris taking a bath during the ed song was hilarious. Can't wait for part 2!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2021 10:23 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Well that's season 1 done and dusted. I wonder what season 2 will have in store.

Rudy was really ready to snake Ruijerd like that 😤

Well, at least that's not how it ended, and we got Bald Ruijerd and a speech instead.

Of course, we also had to have some sneak Eris fan service jammed into the ED.
Mar 21, 2021 10:24 AM
Feb 2021
I dont complain for rudys monologue or anything.. i am just really happy that my favorite isekai got animated... And the studio didnt disappoint me... Waiting for the second cour...
Mar 21, 2021 10:26 AM
Mar 2012
SakayanagiCOTE said:
hassan-san said:

Just like past episodes, so nothing unusual, i guess.

His monologue was one of my main draw in enjoying the novel. Cutting that off made the anime feels a bit more bland to me.

I enjoyed how he theorized on making small but deadly magic, which resulted in the creation of stone bullet, which is pretty much a magic gun.

As a LN reader myself, this is probably the best adaptation we'll get. His shortened monologues are necessary to fit the episode runtime (and this isn't RZ so they aren't going to extend it) but whatever they do show does get the point across. A show don't tell approach is also appreciated by lots of people, so while I feel like the novels obviously did it better, the anime did a fine job too.

As a fan of Nisioisin's works (Katanagatari, Monogatari series) which are a "tell don't show" kind of anime, I'm a little disappointed.
Mar 21, 2021 10:26 AM

Apr 2011
Really like this series, however, feels extremely slow-paced. :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2021 10:28 AM
Sep 2020
hassan-san said:
SakayanagiCOTE said:

As a LN reader myself, this is probably the best adaptation we'll get. His shortened monologues are necessary to fit the episode runtime (and this isn't RZ so they aren't going to extend it) but whatever they do show does get the point across. A show don't tell approach is also appreciated by lots of people, so while I feel like the novels obviously did it better, the anime did a fine job too.

As a fan of Nisioisin's works (Katanagatari, Monogatari series) which are a "tell don't show" kind of anime, I'm a little disappointed.

Ah understandable. I'm satisfied with what we got but I see your point
Mar 21, 2021 10:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, that was quite the eventful finale. Rudues's family, aside from Paul, missing and in the meantime he's going through a down of sorts, that's just life.

Action choreography remains top quality to the very end, thank you Studio Bind. Definitely was a little taken aback when I saw half the body of one of those unfortunate adventurers fly off. I'm guessing here's where most of the monologues were cut off because something about the flow of the episode from then on was off.

Rudeus inches away from destroying the town was pretty tense. Good thing Ruijerd intervened but at the cost of his species' name so can't say that was for the best. Good lord, that final image of him bald and with the ninja headband though. Sorry, I really couldn't but laugh right there. When Rudeus dropped the woods, I was like, "I totally get you xD."

And what's up with that drop during the Op? Roxy's got nakama and they're close to the town? Well, I'm interested to see what's next in store for us.

As for the show in general, it certainly started off on a more interesting note. I know the shows' stirring up some controversy and I say that there's good reason and basis for that, lol.

Op & ED - Boy, I'm definitely going to miss these.

Going to settle with a generous 7/10 here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 21, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
The visuals at some points looked really good and other points, the key frames look thrown in and rushed to hell. The ending point of this season was a bit lacking, but to be fair, the story continues directly from there on with the next season that's airing in a few months so that reduces the problems for me with the conclusion for this particular season. At least the content is still good, even if I prefer the content in the light novels.

Overall, Mushoku Tensei was good. Definitely helped after I finished the light novels and grew a lot of attachment to the series and the characters there, and most episodes had some stellar production until the final two. It's got its controversies and moral issues that I'm against with the world of the show itself but it doesn't take much away from the adventure that excites me with this. I had a nice time overall, 8/10. Best isekai anime I've seen already for sure, as well as LN series too.
Mar 21, 2021 10:30 AM

May 2014
Best non sequel this season for me. Great watch. Loved the world building and attention to detail, plus the fun characters and great production values really elevated it too. Always refreshing to watch an actually good isekai!
Mar 21, 2021 10:30 AM
Mar 2015
Good start Our group is on their own with a better understanding of what they need to do Rudy is still a pervert Sorry to hear about Paul' and his family Roxy read Paul's letter and is coming after him Stayed tuned for more adventures in the 2nd season
Mar 21, 2021 10:35 AM

Mar 2020
This show really hit the mark! Solid animation, music and a strong story. Looking forward to the next season.
Mar 21, 2021 10:36 AM

Feb 2020
So now they are heading to a new city after all that fiasco. Quite liked the battle scenes this episode - this studio doing wonders once again...

until the last 2 minutes of the episode. The artist really just gave up drawing faces at the end.

Good season and introduction to the world of Mushoku Tensei. The storyline seems to flow fine but I hope they explore it more in future seasons. The characters aren't exactly memorable for me, except probably the MC of course, then Roxy and Eris. Studio Bind did a great job animating and putting all the music together. I wonder if they'd do some other projects besides MT.

A solid 7/10 for me.
Mar 21, 2021 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
Ngl. Was kinda happy to see that donkey/horse fucker get scared like that. Wanted to punch him honestly lol. So was rather happy when he got what was coming to him.
Mar 21, 2021 10:45 AM

Nov 2017
oh no, everyone is missing! what am i gonna do, sleep tonight?
"Leonardo... it wasn't, by any means, only your eyes that we welcomed into Libra."
- Klaus von Reinherz
Mar 21, 2021 10:46 AM

Sep 2007
Ruijerd becoming bald made me laugh so hard. I originally thought it was Rudeus' idea but he went and shaved it himself. (Though....the headband is a little overkill in my opinion...) Also his face was making more emotions than before in my opinion. I like that little touch of "opening up" they put there as well as the subsequent flashes of adventuring they did.

Ahhh! I didn't realize this was the last episode for this season till I reached the end image and came back to check the episode count on here. *crais*
Glad that it's pretty much confirmed there will be another "season" but sad for now until then....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 21, 2021 10:49 AM

Aug 2020
Really enjoyed this season. Rudy's Greediness killed That kid. I am disappointed that Ruijerd has become a baldy. But it is fine.
One of the things that i feel uncomfortable about is when I hear The Adult voice of Rudeus in that tiny body. calling an 33+ Years old adult NEET Rudy Is super cringe.
I am really curious what will happen when Rudeus transforms back into his original adult form while peeking on Eris or Roxy . Just Imagining it is Painful.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 21, 2021 10:50 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, they really went all out with the animation for this last episode! Overall, I really enjoyed this show.
Definitely looking forward to the 2nd season.
Mar 21, 2021 10:50 AM

May 2020
finally it's over though it felt a bit sad :')

thanks for this awesome anime, definitely one of my top this winter, i'm looking forward for the next season

Mar 21, 2021 10:56 AM
May 2018
That was truly a beautiful episode. The direction is brilliant, the animation looks so smooth and crisp and that entire fight scene is just a full-on sakugasm(?) but still holds weight for the story and character development.

I don't know if I can survive 3 months without reading the LN/WN. But, I do think that the anime will be much more rewarding to watch if I don't read the source material beforehand so that I won't set an exact point of expectation of the way it should be adapted.

I'll just distract myself by watching one of the new seasonal anime even though I don't think I will be so attached to any of them as much as I did with Mushoku Tensei this season.

Will totally watch the 2nd cour and every season after that.
Mar 21, 2021 11:09 AM

Mar 2016
Well used the time for the opening, showing Dead End and the other adventurers doing their swapped missions, I expected more drama and dialog of Rujerd and Rudeus but I get it, there was no much time left. Leaving Rikaris now they have a new destination and more adventures. I cannot be more excited to see the next arcs!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 21, 2021 11:11 AM

Jul 2020
God what a ride this was, super fucking hype for season 2

Mar 21, 2021 11:12 AM

May 2013
Best anime this season or even all time 10/10 no point where I didn't wait for it on Muse Asia cause it was just that interesting it started as a 6 for me but it gradually became a 10. can't wait for the next part I will not read the LN though cause I can't read.
Mar 21, 2021 11:12 AM

Sep 2016
Ruijerd is the real MVP for this show IMO.
Will look forward to part 2 in July.
Mar 21, 2021 11:13 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Thank you, studio bind. I will indeed look forward to part 2. In the meantime, guess I’ll read up on the light novels to see what I missed!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 21, 2021 11:13 AM

Jan 2021
Final episode with reconciliation and the beginning of a new adventure, the fight was very epic too.
I'm definitely going to wait for the part 2
9/10

PD: Roxy best girl
Mar 21, 2021 11:16 AM

Feb 2015
This last episode was very good. The guild stuff in a fantasy setting is rather old and lame now (too many anime did that these past year), but there was good drama and good interactions between the characters. If only the entire anime had been following this recipe instead of... ugh, won't say it, it has already been done enough.

Ultimately, a last very good episode doesn't make me forget all that happened before, so I can't consider Mushoku Tensei as a good anime, it's still "very bad" to me, so 3/10. Probably won't watch season 2.
Mar 21, 2021 11:19 AM

Mar 2016
Damn my girl Eris really popped off in this episode in particular. Literally slicing through big ass snakes like fucking butter. Also really liked how the roles switched for Ruijerd and Rudy, where this time, the former acted to prevent the latter from killing someone.

My only actual qualms with the show overall is some nitpicky lack of details here and there. Otherwise this is an amazing fantasy series, even though I can understand people not liking the stuff they consider "degeneracy". There's lots of good things for me to say about this series, but I'll save it for some other time.

Now the painful wait for 2nd cour begins (even if it's just three whole months :P)
Mar 21, 2021 11:23 AM

May 2016
Is he gonna cuck Sylphiette with eris? seems like he was allllll invested in her than he met eris and than he did a 180 on her. makes me feel sorry for her... she was already treated like shit before, this won't help.
Mar 21, 2021 11:24 AM

Mar 2015
nice episode overall. the story feels a bit compressed comparing to LN but quite good. although, ending the season on this 'to be continued' note feels so unsatisfying! 11 episodes isn't enough of a season

Elinalise looks too thicc - kind of nice but not elf-ish

imo, they showed the refugee camp way too early. Rudeus is oblivious to the whole situation in Asura and I think the viewer should also (had been)
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Mar 21, 2021 11:28 AM

Aug 2020
HOLY SH!T THESE BATTLE ANIMATIONS ARE ON ANOTHER LEVEL...

Mar 21, 2021 11:30 AM
Nov 2020
Pretty solid season overall, can’t wait for part 2!
Mar 21, 2021 11:32 AM

Jun 2015
Oh boy I love that ending song. That aside red haired girl looks to of gotten super epic chopping that snake in two. Rudeous showing his killing resolve winning over the superb dude as well. All good shit!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 21, 2021 11:32 AM

Apr 2020
Damn I want to binge but then it means I will have wait for Fu*kin 6 months😬
Well I waited for re zero for 9 months so it's not really a big deal 🥺. Is it???
Mar 21, 2021 11:33 AM

Dec 2010
I love shows capable of invoking a sense of true fantasy within me. Isekai shows by design are generally not capable of that due to the usual tropes. Instant translator installed into brain, cobbled streets, buildings and architecture akin to modern designs, electric or pseudo-electric light illuminating houses and streets as if it were day and general non-fantasy storytelling. If I want a good fantasy show I usually have to go back a few decades to the Cel Era, but Mushoku Tensei is different.
The amount of love put into it by the staff is on an entirely different level to any show I've seen in recent years. I actually felt like I dived into a fantasy world, especially with the last few episodes taking place away from human habitats.
I'm eagerly looking forward to the next season.

10/10
Mar 21, 2021 11:33 AM
Dec 2020
Neeed more from this
Mar 21, 2021 11:34 AM
Aug 2015
sujal06 said:
Well I waited for re zero for 9 months so it's not really a big deal 🥺. Is it???

3 months bro, next cour airs in july
Nagatsuki Tappei (ReZero): It goes without saying that "Mushoku Tensei" is interesting, but first of all, it's amazing that you were able to depict the life of one character, Rudy. People say that "CLANNAD" is life, but for me, "Mushoku Tensei" is life
Mar 21, 2021 11:35 AM
Dec 2018
After the last episode, it was about right to see Rudy be in the wrong this time.

Good to see the horse guy get it.

Eris is the best girl, the way she has accepted their situation and been supportive is great.
Gab5Mar 21, 2021 11:39 AM
Mar 21, 2021 11:36 AM
Dec 2017
When new mushoku tensei episode comes out
Mar 21, 2021 11:39 AM

Apr 2020
rdturbo said:
sujal06 said:

3 months bro, next cour airs in july
i know that it's gonna start in July but what I meant to say is that I want to binge it all together which means I will have wait another 3 months until 2nd cour gets finished
Mar 21, 2021 11:40 AM

Mar 2011
I need more!

Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Is he gonna cuck Sylphiette with eris? seems like he was allllll invested in her than he met eris and than he did a 180 on her. makes me feel sorry for her... she was already treated like shit before, this won't help.

i hate that too...
also eris = worst girl
Mar 21, 2021 11:45 AM

Jul 2014
Oh crap, I thought this was going to be a +24 episodes anime, so sad to see it go. Season 2 is coming soon, but I don't want to wait until july, I think I will just read the manga.
Mar 21, 2021 11:45 AM
Oct 2007
Great show! Love the quality, the dynamic openings. Can't get enough of this inner madao master Gintoki voice.
Mar 21, 2021 11:47 AM

Jan 2021
ckitnik said:
Great show! Love the quality, the dynamic openings. Can't get enough of this inner madao master Gintoki voice.

Did we seriously just fished a lurker from 2007?
Mar 21, 2021 11:53 AM

Oct 2014
coolshit69 said:
When new mushoku tensei episode comes out

Summer 2021 Cour, so July
Mar 21, 2021 11:55 AM

Dec 2010
Satisfied and happy of the first part, i'm also glad that the animators take some months to polish for the better the second part. MT is not my best isekai cause i like more Kumo Desu ka, but was a very good adaption.

See you all this summer for the second cour. <3
Mar 21, 2021 11:57 AM

Mar 2017
Fantastic finale! It informed us of what the other character's situations are (except Sylphie) and gave Rudy a revelation that will see him develop a lot more next season; that even though he has the mind of an adult, he still has a lot to learn.

One thing that really stood out in this anime to me was highlighting the fact that even adults don't have all the answers; we have an MC with the mind of an adult and yet he grows and develops the same way a child might in his new life. It just perfectly shows that even when we grow up we still have a lot left to understand and that we never fully understand the world around us, meaning we can change and improve.

I can't wait for Season 2!
Mar 21, 2021 12:01 PM

Jul 2016
Great production, decent story for an isekai but I didn't really care for any of the characters and hated the MC and all the loli sexualization in previous episodes. This last adventure guild arc was pretty boring IMO too. Maybe the next season will improve so I will give this show a second chance.

4/10 with hope for a more enjoyable second cour.
INU4SH4Mar 21, 2021 12:07 PM
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Mar 21, 2021 12:06 PM
Nov 2007
Another average episode, slow paced and pitiful character development. Was this episode supposed to accomplish anything. This show has been just promise and failing to deliver. In the end I didn't care for a single character, none were compelling to me. All the funs of the show keep saying "you just wait" but season ended and it was average. "Slice of life" isekai with perverted main character. I gave it 6 (-1 for barn scene), but even without perverseness it's 7 and for any other show that might have been fine, but this show had such a great start and promise, getting 6 or 7 is just pitiful.

P.S. BTW that Rudy destroying the city was a complete BS and not believable in the slightest. Fake drama, as in neither the main character nor the show's creators wouldn't have had the balls to do it, so can't believe we are using it as character development. The pervert was about to become mass murderer for his tsundere lol.
NejiMar 21, 2021 12:10 PM
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

274 by Helzzz »»
May 19, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2021

298 by Bruh69XD »»
May 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

414 by MRP044 »»
May 13, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

230 by marta_valse »»
May 12, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

337 by marta_valse »»
May 11, 5:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.