Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2021 11:19 AM

May 2020
I really like Hori's mom, she's really sweet and adorable. Her interactions with Hori were very amusing to watch.

It was very funny to see Hori going as far as peeping into the boys' changing room just to find out Miyamura's given name lol.

The scene where the student council was scolding Hori, kinda pisses me off. They could've talked to her privately instead of causing a scene in front of everyone. But it was really satisfying to see Miyamura headbutting Sengoku, the way he took off his glasses and approached him was really cool. He even made Sengoku traumatized lol.

Even though Remi's clumsiness was the cause of that little drama, her crying face was just too adorable. xD
Jan 16, 2021 11:21 AM
Apr 2019
PleasantDevil said:
Great episode, though they seemed to skip the school trip chapter and when miyamura is sick. I suppose they could put it in the anime somewhere else but I find it highly unlikely. Other than that it was a good episode.
Also the part with yuki and miyamura being cousin and there was part with future plan survey hope that part add in the next episode
ReylithJan 16, 2021 11:25 AM
Jan 16, 2021 11:24 AM

Jan 2013
its only ep 2 and this kinda exceeded my expectations and enjoying it quite a bit SO FAR especially after watching the original 4 ova eps.
speaking of, HOWEVER,
i think the ova that covered the second half of this epsiode did a much better job of building things up that lead to Miyamura saving the day with that satisfying headbutt. and here it felt like it was just come and go. tho this version did do good job at the little things like the character reactions (like the ping pong table part)
dannymilkJan 16, 2021 11:37 AM
Jan 16, 2021 11:26 AM
Sep 2019
Reylith said:
PleasantDevil said:
Great episode, though they seemed to skip the school trip chapter and when miyamura is sick. I suppose they could put it in the anime somewhere else but I find it highly unlikely. Other than that it was a good episode.
Also the part with yuki and miyamura being cousin and there was part with future plan survey hope that part add in the next episode

Oh yeah you're right. Damn I hope they bring that in at some point later.
Jan 16, 2021 11:34 AM

Jul 2017
A good episode, as expected, though not quite on par with the first.

I knew something felt off and then I realized a decent amount of content from the manga was skipped - but I don't hold that kind of stuff against an adaptation so long as it flows well.
Really, this was a set-up/expositional episode. We got some characters introduced, insight to some characters, and set-up for future plot points.

That said, the flashbacks with Hori and the president made me remember why I will grow less fond of Hori going forward.
But that aside, this episode played it safe.

Still a 9/10 series so far.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jan 16, 2021 11:43 AM
Apr 2020
Kyoko and Izumi are so cute together! I really love their tandem. Even Kyoko's mom likes Izumi, now Izumi only needs Kyoko's father's approval and everything is fine.

The student council forcing Kyoko to do things is not okay, they even ganged Kyoko. Good thing Izumi is there. Sengoku deserves that headbutt, what a careless gf he have, now he's trwumatized. lmao. But, it's so funny to knoe that Kyoko was also taking advantage of Sengoku. lol

The CD compilation of Izumi's favorite musics is just so sweet and cute. It's like sharing and enjoying something they like together. Kyoko will surely get to know more about Izumi.

It's a bit fast. I hope everything will still be the same and Kyoko and Izumi's bond will be stronger when they're 3rd years already. Coz I will also be sad if they will separate.

Ao_SkyJan 16, 2021 11:46 AM
Jan 16, 2021 11:48 AM

Feb 2019
The editing in this show does feel off as some have said. No real sense of transition or time aside from the dialogue cues and that last shot of Miyamura looking at the petals falling lasted too long. I guess it could be a choice of going for skit-style editing, since it is a romcom, but I don't know... It doesn't feel very well-implemented. Still, I think it's cute and innocent fun, I'm enjoying it.
Jan 16, 2021 11:53 AM

Jan 2015
SHINOBI-03 said:
Xenocrisi said:
It was just an ok episode.

Can’t believe stuff got that dramatic for some pieces of paper

Laugh it up now, but wait until it's real job.

No but like I’ve actually been the student council president for 2 years in my school, and if something like that were to happen, we talked to teachers or just between us in the council. We for sure don’t go around and make dramatic situations in front of everyone. That’s not professional and the way it was presented here was over dramatic. I know it was for entertainment value and stuff but ugh cringe
Jan 16, 2021 11:57 AM

Apr 2020
We're back into some more cute facial reactions, very great art and Hori and Miyamura chemistry.

This episode is separated into two parts, Hori figuring our Miyamura's first name (spoilers it's Izumi). Seeing her mess up a bit is really cute, also peeking into men's room (I think i've seen that before eh).

And two, with Miyamura denying the allegations that the student council is throwing at Hori, where she is accused of forgetting their budget paper. All along tho it was Remi who was hurrying and pretty much ran away without the paper. Atleast Hori didn't cry on a problem she did not deserve. Seriously, the student council should stop giving her their work.

Bonus, it is Hori's birthday! Kinda fast pacing but it is decent on itself. That pause though when Miyamura said they're going to be third years, I guess the setup for drama is on its fruition. I think this is the point where I forgot to continue the manga. Maybe I'll pick it up now but I'm out of time so I guess I'll skip it and go to the anime blind.
Jan 16, 2021 11:58 AM

May 2015
I'm gonna be that guy, but to me it doesn't work. The thing that makes Horimiya so good is that on the contrary to many other romcom, the main couple feels guenine and relatable. There is a good alchemy between the two protagonists from the start. The anime doesn't convey that. It's seems that they go from one "major" comedy moment to the next one, forgetting all the small more intimate moment that made them believable in the first place. The relation building is really poor here. I'm not for adapting everything, but something feels off.

Atavistic said:
And the pacing and general direction of this show continues to be utterly bizarre to me. We jump through time and between scenes without any real sense of transition (e.g. Hori saying Miyamura has been going to her house for ages already, when it's only episode two and it barely feels like anything more than a week has passed), and half the time the importance of things isn't even explained until after it actually happened, such as with Sengoku and the rest of the student council being introduced without even a modicum of context.

Genuinely, am I missing something groundbreaking about this show? It's decent and fairly inoffensive on the whole, but the near-universal praise baffles me based on what we've seen in the show so far.
I felt I had to quote that. I feel exactly the same. If you don't fill the thing up with what you know of the manga, it doesn't work. Well, they are well into volume 2 in 2 episode, no wonder it feels like that.
Turtles_HunterJan 16, 2021 12:11 PM
Jan 16, 2021 11:59 AM

Mar 2019
I feel like this ep had a lot of weird pauses and the pacing felt all over the place. It keeps jumping from scene to scene without any transition and I can't even understand how much time passed since the MCs met. Does anyone? When did Miyamura get into their group? So yeah, this would be a bit confusing for me if I didn't read the manga beforehand. And wish they didn't skip the manga content so much so we could get some character development :/ I like the art and music tho.
Jan 16, 2021 12:05 PM

Nov 2016
Knowing your anime lyrics, but no other stuff. That was a relatable Hori moment. The present from Miyamura was thoughtful and fitting. Her mom is the typical amusing mom I like.

Enjoying this so far, but lol, first name and some papers, these problems are so outlandish. Also agree with other posters that I would prefer it if there wasn't so much jumping around from scene to scene. The flow isn't good.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 16, 2021 12:12 PM

Aug 2018
Why the hell do parents always look like (older) siblings?
Jan 16, 2021 12:20 PM
Feb 2019
What a great episode.I cannot get over how pretty the art style is. Honestly, I think this might be one of my fav romance animes.
Jan 16, 2021 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
Great sweet episode as usual.
Jan 16, 2021 12:30 PM
Jul 2020
As an anime only, i love it so far. It's going faster than i expected, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing
Jan 16, 2021 12:37 PM

May 2020
That part when Hori was singing and Miyamura was just looking and listening to her was just too cute ^^
Jan 16, 2021 12:40 PM

Feb 2015
I don't know why, but I've liked this episode way better than the first one :)
I'm glad we got to know the rest of the cast a little bit & greatly appreciate the art style this show is using.
Guess it lives up to the hype after all.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 16, 2021 12:50 PM

Mar 2020
Hori's mother is one fine women. Quite funny how Hori was the last of her mother and brother to find out Miyamura's first name even though she spends the most time with him.

Miyamura's got the president scared of him xD. Wonder how Yoshikawa didn't realize that Miyamura was the person who jumped over the fence when Miyamura took his glasses off to headbutt Sengoku.

Already in third year huh?
Jan 16, 2021 12:54 PM

May 2018
Hori's mom is based haha

Poor student council president. He definitely will be haunted for life lol
Jan 16, 2021 12:57 PM

Apr 2018
Hori's mom is beautiful like Hori herself.

Yes, Miya to the rescue saving Hori from that situation. It wasn't even her fault lmao. That headbutt tho from Miya did not expect that. I would be traumatized after that happened to me as well.
Jan 16, 2021 1:00 PM

Jan 2018
I loved this episode as much as I did reading the manga!
The head butt still got me LOL!
And finally we get to see Remi, Sengoku and Sakura getting animated today! Love the student council trio!
Can't wait for next weeks episode!!
Overall definitely a 5/5

Jan 16, 2021 1:01 PM
Nov 2019
Anime of the year incoming.
Jan 16, 2021 1:02 PM

Apr 2020
Pretty good episode overall.
I think this series is gonna be pretty good by the end of it.
Jan 16, 2021 1:20 PM
Dec 2018
Shingster said:
Its so calming seeing Miyamura and Hori so casually walk home with the shopping considering how they were just a day ago.

"a day ago"?

Anyways, the butthead was dumb. Probably the author wanted to show how much Miyamura cares about Hori that he succumbs to violence to "protect" her, but all he needed to do was to use the power of words to publicly shame the president for blaming Hori without proof. That has a more powerful effect than risking getting involved in a dumb fist fight or being punished by the school administration.

But it's a school romance story, no mature thinking needed I guess...

Everything else on the episode was fine.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jan 16, 2021 1:30 PM
Aug 2018
Can someone please tell me how many chapters this episode covered because i feel the pacing is moving at light speed.
Jan 16, 2021 1:35 PM

Nov 2012
It kind of bugs me that they were forcing all the blame on Hori when it wasn't even her work in the first place. It was Ayasaki's work, thus her responsibility.

Idk, the anime tried to play it off as not a big deal after the fact, like "oopsies Ayasaki is such a klutz tehe", when they were lowkey bullying/harassing Hori about earlier. It left a very sour first impression for both Ayasaki and Sengoku.

Later on we see due to their past it really wasn't a big deal, but still in the moment it made me hate Sengoku.
Jan 16, 2021 1:40 PM

Aug 2019
That fast pacing is something that I have to get used to, apparently. It bothers me quite a bit, since their development feels rushed and forced this way. It's a shame this isn't a double-cour show, because it seems like we're just jumping from one disjointed plot point to the next :/
The Sengoku part seemed a bit contrived, but it was nice to see Miyamura stand up for Hori. Fine episode, looking forward to next week ^^
Jan 16, 2021 1:46 PM
Jan 2020
Atavistic said:
And the pacing and general direction of this show continues to be utterly bizarre to me. We jump through time and between scenes without any real sense of transition (e.g. Hori saying Miyamura has been going to her house for ages already, when it's only episode two and it barely feels like anything more than a week has passed), and half the time the importance of things isn't even explained until after it actually happened, such as with Sengoku and the rest of the student council being introduced without even a modicum of context.

Genuinely, am I missing something groundbreaking about this show? It's decent and fairly inoffensive on the whole, but the near-universal praise baffles me based on what we've seen in the show so far.

I get what you mean but as for someone who went into this with no experience of the manga i think the anime is just generally very likable. I agree with some of your points, especially about the weird time skips, but I personally think the quality and likability of what I've seen so far overshadows that and other problems in my opinion. As for why it's got so much hype and why people like it so much, you could see it as a One Piece kind of situation (although not as extreme) where for a die hard fan like myself, I think is it as an amazing story with great characters and is one of my favorite anime of all time but in reality the anime specifically has many production flaws in terms of inconsistent animation and quite bad pacing but even then i still love it. I know I've gone on a bit of a tangent but i hope you can see the general point i'm trying to make here as to why Horimiya has gotten so much hype. i personally love it and its only been two episodes.
Jan 16, 2021 1:49 PM

Mar 2019
Sawano_Suki said:
Can someone please tell me how many chapters this episode covered because i feel the pacing is moving at light speed.
Chapter 4, 7 and 9 i think (but they skipped like half of chapter 9)

Apr 2020
Opticflash said:
Why the hell do parents always look like (older) siblings?
i get your point (commonplace/akward depiction) but Hori's mom actually is a very young mother

i really like how the OST works and transitions with this watercolor background seem lovely to me. agree with some posts that say the flow doesn't feel right, but the humor and pacing of the original material is there and i really enjoyed it.

Apr 2015
Hori's mum is quite endearing and I love how she managed to get to know Miyamura's first name before Hori herself, a great mum, right there!

Originally, after working so hard for the student council and then blaming Hori for something that she hadn't lost was just wrong and I really appreciated the headbutt Miyamura gave to the president.

Little did we know that Hori was a naughty girl when she was younger.... Definitely not into that, but I freaking love her.
Jan 16, 2021 1:54 PM
Aug 2020
NextUniverse said:
BlackKiddo said:

did you watch this episode raw? It is not out on streaming services right?
same. nothing on Funi for me. CR doesn't stream Horimiya too. Unless there is some other service.

Im watching it on Funi in the US.
Jan 16, 2021 2:02 PM

Sep 2020
I'm totally in love with this anime.
They're adapting the manga so well.

<3

Hori's shyness is so cute.
Jan 16, 2021 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
looks like their relationships developing nicely, horis mom was so funny lmao
Jan 16, 2021 2:17 PM

Feb 2017
Oh my God, this second episode was so damn boring...
Jan 16, 2021 2:18 PM

May 2016
As soon as I heard Hori's mom's voice, I thought, "That sounds like Ai Kayano!" And I was right! :' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jan 16, 2021 2:24 PM
Dec 2020
glad we found out his name
Jan 16, 2021 2:41 PM

Nov 2014
Wow they changed a lot of scenes this episode, most noticably is this scene where Yuki saw Miyamura without his glasses. In the manga (both original and new) Yuki wasn't there to see him headbutt Sengoku cause she was behind the crowd. And by the time she got to the front to regroup with them, Miyamura has already put his glasses back on.

It seems like they're going for the romance route despite both original mangas focused more on comedy with romance taking a backseat.

They also cut out the ring plot. Hopefully they're adding it in the next episode. It's pretty important cause it's proof of their friendship after all.
Jan 16, 2021 2:42 PM
Dec 2020
saka7 said:
So far this anime has been fantastic to me, really tempting to read the manga..

Miyamura did a great job there helping Hori-san out, he is such a good mc.

And Hori's mom is cute.

Exactly I idk if I should read the manga or wait a week for episodes, I read everything they adapted and even the manga is amazing. But the animation and VAs are so good I don’t want to spoil too much for myself, tough call
said the lolicon bastard
Jan 16, 2021 2:56 PM

Mar 2018
Ahhh, another episode of Horimiya. It was brilliant to see when Miyamura headbuts the Prez, I would've been annoyed too if you knew the whole situation regarding the report and the council gives Hori-san a hard time...
Also cute to see Hori-san being honest with herself when otouto told her that she would be sad if he stopped coming over. Go otouto! Also time flies, third years already? Whoooosh~

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jan 16, 2021 3:35 PM

Apr 2017
I hate Remi with every fiber of my being, deserves to get the shit beaten out of her. She's lazy and annoying as hell
Jan 16, 2021 3:39 PM

Apr 2010
At this point it doesn't even feel like Horimiya anymore, pace all over the place, events being changed. Half was cut.

It's still fun to watch and looks pretty, but this isn't the manga I enjoyed back in the day.
Jan 16, 2021 4:04 PM
Aug 2020
Hori's mom is really cute... 😳

Then again, almost every character in this show is cute
Jan 16, 2021 4:21 PM
Sep 2017
PinkOni said:
You'll have to forgive me if you're a fanatic for romance anime. I'm not and it made this episode a little tedious to get though. Overall the characters seem pretty weak; I've got no reason to fall in love with them. I do like Miyamura but that's about it.

The first episode was very good - this one was fine. Overall the anime sits at a 7 for me.

I was rally hoping Miyamura would swing on that one dude... but just a headbutt... sad :( I can see that it was a big character moment for him but it just didn't feel big enough.

My one hope for this series is that it spends some time on the characters individually, or at least fleshes them out a little bit more. One can hope.

Keep it up Horimiya!

It's just the anime botching the manga a bit, the characters are fleshed out better in the manga but the chapters that flesh them out are being skipped: Ch 2,5,6,8. A bit sad but you'll probably still grow to like them progressively .
Jan 16, 2021 4:28 PM

Dec 2019
Wasn't as good as the first episode but it definitely wasn't bad. I hate Ayasaki though. I hated her from the moment she first came on screen.
Jan 16, 2021 4:30 PM
Dec 2019
JadentheAnimeguy said:
PinkOni said:
You'll have to forgive me if you're a fanatic for romance anime. I'm not and it made this episode a little tedious to get though. Overall the characters seem pretty weak; I've got no reason to fall in love with them. I do like Miyamura but that's about it.

The first episode was very good - this one was fine. Overall the anime sits at a 7 for me.

I was rally hoping Miyamura would swing on that one dude... but just a headbutt... sad :( I can see that it was a big character moment for him but it just didn't feel big enough.

My one hope for this series is that it spends some time on the characters individually, or at least fleshes them out a little bit more. One can hope.

Keep it up Horimiya!

It's just the anime botching the manga a bit, the characters are fleshed out better in the manga but the chapters that flesh them out are being skipped: Ch 2,5,6,8. A bit sad but you'll probably still grow to like them progressively .

God I hate when adaptations don’t do the source material justice. Prime example is A Silent Voice. Everyone praises the movie for being so tearjerking and beautiful but it left a really bad taste in my mouth. I picked up the manga on a whim and read it before I watched the movie... big mistake. The manga is incredible and the story truly is amazing... the adaptation just ruined it for me.

Hoping that you’re correct in that I’ll grow to like more of the characters!!
Jan 16, 2021 4:30 PM
Oct 2016
Ohh the headbutt animated! Miyamura is that dude! The kind who sees his girl being bullied and pushed around on the verge of tears and says hell no I'm sitting back and just watching! Sengoku, Sakura and Remi of the student council went too far cornering Hori like they did. We'll get more development for them later but that's not a great first impression. They put so much work on Hori that she complies with out if guilt for how she treated Sengoku in the past.

This whole episode really affirms how much of a perfect match Hori and Miyamura are. The first scene of the episode with them heading back after shopping set it in stone, Hori singing that anisong with Miyamura recognizing it and hearing she doesn't really know any popular hits. Leading that the last scene of the episode with Miyamura giving her that CD which is exactly what she wanted for her birthday.

Great moments with Hori trying to figure out Miyamura first name, this series does comedy so well along with the dramatic moments. Hori mom doting over Miyamura was too funny. Hori saying he's like a movie villain. Plenty of solid laughs and enjoyable scenes in this episode. Series just always is top tier.
Jan 16, 2021 4:31 PM
Oct 2016
JadentheAnimeguy said:
PinkOni said:

Keep it up Horimiya!

The anime is doing the manga great
Jan 16, 2021 4:33 PM
Oct 2016
PinkOni said:

Keep it up Horimiya!

How is just a headbutt "sad" did you want a full on brawl? Not that type of anime come on. If you don't like it then get on. No reason to like the characters? You're blind
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

408 by Maarkus1 »»
Yesterday, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 23, 2021

232 by exho26 »»
May 4, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.