Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 3, 2021 10:43 AM
Dec 2017
Strykeryno said:
Monsundo said:
This is random (and maybe it was already answered elsewhere), but does this mean that the thing that pushed nana in the first episode was/could have been Tsurumigawa?

I doubt it was him, even as a manga reader I don't know what happened there. Could have been just wind or someone truly did attack her. Have to wait for future chapters of the manga I just hope the author will not forget to clarify this. On the other hand he kinda does this retrospective clarifying like

I thought it was obvious that Nana faked being pushed to break the rope in a "natural" way.
Jan 3, 2021 11:50 AM
Nov 2020
LinkHueBR said:
Strykeryno said:

I doubt it was him, even as a manga reader I don't know what happened there. Could have been just wind or someone truly did attack her. Have to wait for future chapters of the manga I just hope the author will not forget to clarify this. On the other hand he kinda does this retrospective clarifying like

I thought it was obvious that Nana faked being pushed to break the rope in a "natural" way.

Lol I also though about that, in manga it more looked like it was a wind attack so i was really confused. They could state it tho a lot of people are confused about that.
Jan 4, 2021 9:50 AM

Oct 2018
That ended... really abruptly. Not a single scene after? Did this show just pull an Anime Crimes Division?
Jan 4, 2021 1:34 PM

Dec 2012
The power of friendship.

Jan 4, 2021 5:32 PM

Nov 2013
I started watching this anime expecting it to be another boring series like One Punch Man or Boku no Hero Academia, but I'm glad that I was wrong. Munou na Nana was really enjoyable to watch, and it's more similar to Danganronpa than to anything else.
It was really nice to see a story, nowadays, of a girl without super powers using her human mind to fight against monsters instead of the common x-man kind of story with people who use super powers for the good against people who use their super powers to do evil. And it's also not about a normal human who uses weapons with advanced technology to make up for her lack of super powers as he fights against monsters, which is another boring thing that is often shown in series.
But I don't really like the direction that the series seemed to take in the last episodes, by confirming that being a person with super powers doesn't necessarily mean to be an enemy of mankind. I know it's an obvious thing, since it depends on how the person uses the power, and I would be lying if I said that I did not become attached to Michiru and Kyouya, but I don't like how Nana's change of mind breaks the original premise of the series, of having normal humans fighting against the monsters, and this may end up turning the series into a generic x-man kind of story.
Having made that observation, though, I must admit that the development of Nana and Michiru's friendship was very touching, Tachibana Jin is an interesting character, maybe especially because of his Yusa Kouji's voice, and the man who seems like he will be the main villain of the series, though he hadn't his face shown, has a very original voice, not because his voice actor is new, but because of the way how the voice actor is using his voice.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 4, 2021 7:21 PM

Sep 2016
Unlike most of the fans, I'm more into the early episodes rather than the latest ones. Probably because it's too predictable that Michiru would end up losing her life for Nana. Usually I love character developments, but this time I wasn't so moved. The ED did a good job on bringing out the emotions tho.
What I love about this anime is how unpredictable it always is with interesting twists in almost every episode. That's why the last 2 eps were a bit off to me. But I like that Michiru tried her best to find some plot holes in Nana's memories so as to prove that she should not be so guilty.

The finale did end at a weird spot, but from what I heard from the manga readers, this arc contains too many plots to be fully covered in this season.
Overall, I believe that the studio did a great job on the anime adaptation with the limited budget. I agree that there're some far-fetched plots in some cases, but most of them are plausible in this universe and I love the twists. So it's fine with me. Besides, Nakamura Yuuichi's voice acting as Kyouya is a huge plus for me & the very reason why I even started to watch the show in the first place.
So 8/10 from me even though I'm not a huge fan of the finale. Still glad to see the rating increasing bit by bit after the show ended and looking forward to having a 2nd season.
Jan 5, 2021 3:04 AM
Nov 2020
Mummykun said:

But I don't really like the direction that the series seemed to take in the last episodes, by confirming that being a person with super powers doesn't necessarily mean to be an enemy of mankind. I know it's an obvious thing, since it depends on how the person uses the power, and I would be lying if I said that I did not become attached to Michiru and Kyouya, but I don't like how Nana's change of mind breaks the original premise of the series, of having normal humans fighting against the monsters, and this may end up turning the series into a generic x-man kind of story.

I would't be so worried that much her change isn't that instant and everything what made 1st season good like problem solving, unexpected twist, Nana trying to outwit her opponents etc. is still preserved with more focus on plot development and Nana's development and her struggle with her own morals. With only exeption
StrykerynoJan 5, 2021 3:08 AM
Jan 5, 2021 4:00 PM

Oct 2008
Didn't feel like a final episode at all, I guess that is their way of saying go read the source. Was pretty happy to see that Michiru was a good person until the very end and contribute so much to Nanas growth. With so many of them turning evil I was half expecting her to be the one cutting throats of cats and rabbits to let off some steam.

Was a interesting watch overall, but all of the plot holes were a little difficult to bear. Will watch the continuation if they ever make it.
Jan 5, 2021 6:02 PM

Feb 2014
Can´t believe it ended like that... obviously that was not how the story ends, but the way it ended.. a second season or at least a few OVAs or movie is a MUST here!

I enjoyed this crazy ride quite a lot. It´s nice how they added light comedy and didn´t make it stupidly 100% dark.

8/10
TechOtakuJan 5, 2021 6:37 PM
Jan 6, 2021 6:43 AM

Jul 2017
Man.. This show! So good! Felt like a fusion of 4 anime: Boku no Hero Academia, Danganronpa, Assassination Classroom and undertones of Death Note.

I wasn't expecting Nana to be an anti hero, so that was an immense surprise right off the bat during the first episode, being talentless and all, being ordered to eliminate the talented while being an enemy of society, she's definitely an interesting character and reminded me of Light from Death Note, really intelligent too. But then we have L, aka Kyouya, who managed to keep up with Nana's intelligence and so we had a sort of an intellectual fight here between the two of them wich was so damn entertaining to follow. And so, this ended up being one of those shows from this fall season where i'm craving for another season to come out!

8/10, awesome thriller show
Jan 6, 2021 6:07 PM
Sep 2018
Anime so bad I gave 10👍
Jan 7, 2021 10:54 PM

Mar 2016
RIP Michiru. She really managed to save a life while giving away her own. In a way, Nana did end up taking Michiru's life. It's a good thing she turned to Kyouya for support. To think that Michiru spent that much time deciphering Nana's trauma day. So, it seems she had been set up after all. Astral guy was a genuine asshole. From my perspective, Nana killed a few innocents and most assholes. Nakajima and time travel guy were genuinely innocent. However, most of the rest were just pure arseholes. I wanna see how things unfold in season 2 and as to how the arrival of her master shakes things up. This anime is a 10/10 for me🙌
Jan 8, 2021 3:37 AM

Jan 2011
I was expecting at least one final monologue from Nana right there, but instead it just suddenly ends. Yeah, I didn't expect anything conclusive obviously, but surely they could have made a better ending, or any ending really.
Jan 8, 2021 11:31 AM
Oct 2019
I don't like the last episode of this anime. why didn't Nana become the antagonist until the end ?. which initially the audience hated Nana from the start so didn't know what to on say when nana helped until it was stabbed. and why not just let Nana die. instead there is a development of Michiru dying to replace Nana.
Jan 8, 2021 9:06 PM
Aug 2020
The Ending was sad yes, but there wasn't enough information about astral boy to truly make him a good villain in the end.
Jan 14, 2021 9:44 AM
Jan 2009
Kinda anticlimactic ending? But still really like the anime overall. I really like the concept of it.
Jan 21, 2021 2:12 PM
Jan 2021
Just a question I wanted to know if anyone else noticed the song that plays when nana and inukai have a moment, it sounds just like the lullaby from inuyasha !!!
Jan 27, 2021 4:51 PM

Jan 2021
I never thought such a stupid anime would attract me that insanely.. Man that was just the worst sad ending 10/10
Michiru really made me cry.. :(

Waiting for season 2 definitely!!
Jan 30, 2021 11:50 AM

May 2015
Such a good last episode! Michiru and Nana are so adorable together and I absolutely love how Michiru has changed Nana and how this change affects her in the future. She slips her acting from time to time, gets angry, opens up. All of this stuff Nana never did before getting close to Michiru. These last 3 episodes are when Nana really has a turn around and major character development. And damn that ending song is good. Both the OP and ED for this series are great. I never once skipped the OP when re-watching this.

God I love Talentless Nana. Its such a good series and so interesting to watch. Its so different to everything I've watched in the past and having the MC be the essential villain is great.

Well, time to re-read the manga as well. That anime ending is really effective in making me want to read the manga lol. Shame the anime isn't out on dvd yet. Got a wall scroll for the cover of this series on its way which I'm putting dead center on my wall.

Absolutely love this series. Definitely will re-watch it a lot more in the future.
DarknessRealityJan 30, 2021 11:53 AM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 2, 2021 3:03 AM

Aug 2017
feels like they ended in the middle of an arc. Michiru became Nana's weakness, and now she's gone. like what's Nana gonna do to astral guy now? she's started doubting her mission, is she going to fight against it or double down on Talenteds being monsters.

even ignoring being upset that Michiru's gone, this is a really disappointing ending. though if they were planning on just making this as a 1 season ad for the manga I'm guessing it probably worked.
Feb 4, 2021 6:27 AM

Nov 2019
What an ending.

I was wondering how a Danganronpa variation could possibly work as an ongoing manga series... but Nana's shifting character and Jin's existence lay it out pretty clearly.

I hope there's a continuation some day.
Feb 6, 2021 6:46 AM

Aug 2014
Does anyone know the name of ost being played during Michiru sacrifice? It was just such a perfect track for this scene and i would love to get it :) Thanks in advance.
Feb 12, 2021 12:06 AM
Jun 2013
Wow.. such a great way to destroy the mood

The anime was great, i mean NO.. Nana's development is just begun so why do they end the series like this AAAAAAAAAAA

I hate it when a good anime ended like this! Okay fine! I'm going to read the manga!

I would say 6/10 for this show, that's it
Feb 15, 2021 8:17 AM

May 2015
it ended in such way but overall it was a good anime humhum maybe i will read the manga
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Mar 14, 2021 1:29 AM

Jul 2015
So it was astral guy after all for whatever reason, which makes me wonder why Isshi's girlfriend Fuka acted so weird. Either way its sad to see our good and pure doggo Michiru pass away...
Despite its flaws like only a few characters hoarding all the braincells with the rest lacking them, this was quite the enjoyable mind games series with its twists. The way Nana kills her targets are pretty smart but the way she escapes tight spots could've been better.

Mar 27, 2021 11:47 AM

Jan 2014
this ending doesn't solve anything at all. kinda trash if you ask me. they should at least end it after there's a conclusion about the ongoing case.
Apr 7, 2021 11:36 AM

Jun 2017
I was able to predict the identity of the killer this time. His ability made it obvious. I would say that the highlight of this arc wasn't mystery but character development for Nana.

This anime felt really pretentious at first with everyone being stupid except Nana. But it also had some moments of actual brilliance thrown in to keep me interested. The last 4 or so episodes really upped the game and the plot feels much better now. Initial impression was 5/10 but now it is 7/10. Hopefully this would get a second season.
Apr 10, 2021 1:45 AM
Jan 2021
I watched this show on accident, having confused it with something else (that I'm still not sure what). I thought it was a slice of life comedy about high schoolers. I watched the first episode and it had more of an X-Men thing and reminded me of Soul Eater NOT so I thought it was still the SoL/comedy up until the twist at the end, when I realized I was wrong lol. Wasn't sure I should continue but damn, episode 2 hooked me with how she eliminated the time traveler. Nana reminds me of Batman, but with opposite morality. Too often in movies and shows they only show Batman fighting, and rarely focus on the detective work. Here Nana was meticulously planning out (most) of her acts and is clearly very intelligent. Kyouya obviously reminds me of him a lot too. Very glad I watched this, even if it wasn't on purpose.

Also I was surprised at the final murderer. I know they questioned the astral guy in the previous episode and seemed to rule him out so I thought that was it, so they got me good with the misdirection. I did notice the ice guy was suspiciously absent the last few episodes, and one of the characters said there was jealousy between him and the killed boy for the latter being more popular with the girls, so there was a motive there. I thought he was making knives out of ice, and killed him with one, knowing it would melt and dry by the time the body was found, leaving no evidence it was him. Surprised that's not how it turned out actually, but still liked the real result.
May 13, 2021 1:13 AM
Feb 2021
i wish i had more analysis here and i probs would if this was still fresh in my mind but. i'll settle with just saying i loved how gay and tender michiru and nana were, they're both fascinating characters and this show executed everything it set out to SO, SO WELL, and also kyouya is one of maybe five anime guys that i remotely like. i really relate to him...apart from the whole, being smart thing. i have no brains.
May 15, 2021 12:54 AM

Oct 2010
rip michiru, very stupid decision to go alone in the woods alone and don't talk to anybody. So blondie was the killer and not the girlfriend, in the end Nana is right, all these talented are crazy.
good anime overall, going to read the manga
Jul 2, 2021 7:58 PM

Jul 2013
This was way different from any show I've seen so far. The beginning was such a jebait when it seemed Nanao was the main character and quickly got killed by Nana. To see everything from the viewpoint as an murderer was definitely something new for me.

On one side Nana trying to camouflage her murders and always acting with a double persona in having the perfect excuse for every situation and her counterpart on the other side in form of Kyouya, an immortal talented who little by little found out about Nanas actions. The mind games between both of them were really entertaining.

Some people might not like that Michiru was able to reach Nanas heart, but now where we were able to see a lot of Nanas past it's honestly not surprising to me. Her parents got murdered when when she was very young and for me it looks like her step father has something to do with it. A kid especially in that case is extremely vulnerable and easy to influence. So that could be a reason how she ended up like that.

It's sad what happened with Michiru at the end. Nanas heart was so confused by how pure and kind Michiru was towards her. Unfortunately it ended up on such a big cliffhanger which leaves us with so many questions. Would be nice to get a second season in the future.

Jul 7, 2021 10:49 AM

Jan 2013
... That's it? No conclusion at all.

The show was fine overall. The setting is really similar to Boku no hero academia, but this show managed to do something actually interesting with it.
Sep 18, 2021 10:31 AM

Mar 2013
Yup, this series is really underrated or I could say not much loved was given to this or the fans did not really understand Nana as a character or as a person or individual... 🥺

I'm glad Nana finally found a true friend that she can cherish wholeheartedly, to do things what a normal girl should be doing and not the things she was forced to do so because at this moment she still didn't know that she is just being used by some kind of conspiracy we still haven't grasped at the moment.

To think the first friend she hopefully seek subconsciously was finally within her grasp but the moment she realizes these thoughts, she became to doubt her true motive in this whole mission she was assigned to. This is a true horrific ending for our MC.

Damn, this is one of those hidden gems.

P.S. I will be looking forward for the source to finish being translated, oh I can't wait to see what happens next. (Though I haven't read it yet)

Even though Nana killed a lot of potentially good characters, she is exceptionally deceptive but lovable at this ending, nah, probably this whole series... 😅 (Lovable? Yup, lovable). Masterpiece!

CondemneDio said:
... That's it? No conclusion at all.

The source are still ongoing. 😆
CrazyButNot4USep 18, 2021 10:45 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 16, 2021 8:35 AM

Jul 2021
That ending was so much more upsetting than I was expecting, but also kinda disappointed by the fact there's just no conclusion to it at all. Apparently the source material is still going though, so I'll have to check that out cause I really gotta know what happens next.
Nov 4, 2021 1:03 AM

Nov 2013
Fuck, the fake-out got me. I thought for sure the killer was Fuko, but that would've been too obvious.

If there's one thing I love about this anime it's how Michiru helped Nana regain her humanity. Good stuff.

I saw Michiru's death coming from a mile away, but seeing her use the last bit of her lifeforce to save her friend still pushed me to tears. Beautifully done scene. Michiru was too pure for this world.

Seeing Nana grieve at her new friend's death was soul crushing. Ending it like that was so cruel. The struggles of being 1 cour I guess.

Surprisingly good ending despite it being strapped for time. I nearly dropped this anime after I got tired of Nana mercilessly killing everyone and being a general cunt, but these last few episodes got me to warm up to her. Quite the redemption arc I'd say after how mediocre it got during the middle.
FunnyRatmanNov 4, 2021 1:14 AM

Dec 1, 2021 1:54 AM

Dec 2013
I didn't realise that the blonde guy's power could actually be that strong. In hindsight, it seems pretty obvious.

RIP Michiru. Her death hit me harder than I imagined.

This was a great watch and I'm definitely reading the source material.
Dec 1, 2021 3:56 PM

May 2015
Honestly every time I watch this last episode I always think that this is Nana's punishment. Losing her one friend that she tried to save so badly. It's sad to see every time.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 17, 2021 8:08 PM
Oct 2021
This show should be renamed to:
"My Classmates Can't Be This Friggin' Stupid" or
"Death Note, but everyone has 10 IQ"

The first episode of this show set up a really nice looking premise. It's a shame that the rest of it dropped the ball and failed to pick it back up.

If nothing else, the author did try some uncommon things like saving the life of a totally unredeemable character for no good reason. Whether the anime was bad because he did stuff like that, or he did stuff like that because the anime is bad, who knows.
My head is sore from all the facepalming and headdesking.
3/10
Jan 1, 2022 8:17 AM
May 2019
Top anime of the year. I was crying from how emotional and impacting this was. I can't wait until season 2. I just want to see Michuro survive so her and Nana can be friends. 100/10 for sure!
Jan 23, 2022 9:32 PM

Apr 2015
What a stupid, cheesy ending
as always murder mysteries get thrown for some stupid emotional crap
with nothing answered, revealed or solved

the show was so good until EP10, aka Michirou boring arc

I hope it gets Season 2 at some point though I didn't read the manga and don't know if the rest is good or continues this horrible path
Jan 24, 2022 1:51 AM
Nov 2020
Assassin2112 said:
What a stupid, cheesy ending
as always murder mysteries get thrown for some stupid emotional crap
with nothing answered, revealed or solved

the show was so good until EP10, aka Michirou boring arc

I hope it gets Season 2 at some point though I didn't read the manga and don't know if the rest is good or continues this horrible path

Story-wise it gets better even kinda darker, battle of wits, some murder mysteries are still present, But because MC keeps getting developed she
Feb 2, 2022 11:03 PM
Sep 2015
they really gonna leave us on a cliffhanger like that with no season 2 announcement even a year later, bruh
Apr 28, 2022 7:37 PM
Jun 2021
I finished the show today and thought it was quite decent. The main character had some development which was nice and the premise wasn't too bad either. I heard that this was based off a book by J.D Salinger but I can't figure out which one. Can someone tell me?
Apr 29, 2022 5:08 PM
Nov 2020
MichaelChu said:
I finished the show today and thought it was quite decent. The main character had some development which was nice and the premise wasn't too bad either. I heard that this was based off a book by J.D Salinger but I can't figure out which one. Can someone tell me?

Never heard about TN being based off a book by Salinger. It's an adaptiation of a manga. Story: Loosboy Art: Iori Furuya
Apr 29, 2022 5:10 PM
Jun 2021
Strykeryno said:
MichaelChu said:

Never heard about TN being based off a book by Salinger. It's an adaptiation of a manga. Story: Loosboy Art: Iori Furuya
Strykeryno said:
MichaelChu said:

Strykeryno said:
MichaelChu said:

Oh I must've misheard, my bad
Jun 2, 2022 11:53 AM
Feb 2018
Its a good show but the final episode was kinda crap.
Jun 16, 2022 4:17 AM

Sep 2014
:( Too many red flags for even Nana to pass..

Well that was a 720, from crushing over Dog girl to "Sir yes Sir I will kill them all" back to.. well you saw it. Atleast now nothing stands in the way of her mission and she should be back on the hunt for the talented.

I do wonder why Jin didnt just help her himself, if he was all so thankful. Was he scared after all? I guess his powers to have limits.

For a final this was a bit weird but we did get a hint about the people in charge so I think its fine. Better than a rushed final.

This show was a wild ride. Highly entertaining. I just dont get tired of hearing the thoughts of characters. All those LN adaptions cut the inner dialogue completely, well here you have an example of how it could work.
Its a bit corny so I was thinking about giving it a 7 but honestly every single episode was consistently good, so I will go with an 8.
Im glad this is a manga adaption, because now I can actually read the story!

PS: Im really salty I missed this show when it was airing, usually I dont go back to shows I dismissed when I watched the season but this happened quite often lately
Comander-07Jun 16, 2022 4:20 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 16, 2022 6:28 AM
Nov 2020
Comander-07 said:

Well that was a 720, from crushing over Dog girl to "Sir yes Sir I will kill them all" back to.. well you saw it. Atleast now nothing stands in the way of her mission and she should be back on the hunt for the talented.

I guess read the manga to find out. Nana developes throughout the entire story, Michiru was one of the bigger initial steps. But to calm your spirit

Comander-07 said:

I do wonder why Jin didnt just help her himself, if he was all so thankful. Was he scared after all? I guess his powers to have limits.

Explained shortly after those two will meet again.

Comander-07 said:

Im glad this is a manga adaption, because now I can actually read the story!

It's 1:1 adaptation, so you can start right from ch. 29. You're welcome.
Jun 18, 2022 5:39 AM

Sep 2014
Strykeryno said:

It's 1:1 adaptation, so you can start right from ch. 29. You're welcome.
Thx, I guess thats why the pacing felt so good.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 15, 2022 6:14 AM

Jul 2016
Karmm said:
Kinda anticlimactic ending? But still really like the anime overall. I really like the concept of it.

I assume we will never know how it ends unless we go to the manga
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» talentless nana S2?

VELVET_BLUES - Jun 24, 2021

17 by endless_Story_ »»
Jul 10, 8:13 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

285 by EmiliaPinkman »»
May 27, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM

» Going down, down, and down…

RudeRedis - Jan 15

15 by RudeRedis »»
Feb 2, 11:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.