Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Apr 7, 2017 4:33 AM

Apr 2009
Kill 'em all.

Maybe this was a Victory Gundam remake of sorts after all

MidAvionics said:
A quick question:
Where did Almiria go?
This.
Asking the real questions.
I too, would like to ask... Where IS Almiria?

What does she look like after all those years... will we ever know if McGillis's "investment" in marrying a nice loli pay off if she grew up to be hot?

inb4 Almiria stars in a sequel movie where she somehow steals the repaired Gundam Bael to take revenge on her dear husband's killers...
Apr 7, 2017 9:45 AM

Aug 2009
1/10 muh REALISM
good job Okada
Apr 7, 2017 2:25 PM

Nov 2012
Z4k said:
Rustal is a piece of trash. He got away with everything.
Basically.

I still feel very much like the series ended with a lot of loose ends. Even Ride killing that PoS at the end wasn't satisfying enough.

Rustal was the one orchestrating it all and honestly even if McGillis was off his rocker he was in the right to want to reform the corruption. In fact it was the sleazy shit that people in like Rustal was doing in Ghallajhorn that was his whole reason for wanting to over throw and take control of the force. I never got the sense that he was using Tekkadan... I mean he was, but he also sympathized with them when he saw them on Mars.... how he saw Ghallajhorn treat them and how they were used were all factors in his perception of them and a part of the reason to over throw.

In the end it really felt like they brushed it all under the rug, and even played it up like Rustal in the end turned out to be a good guy cause you know, he ended up helping all the orphans of Mars with the treaties. Although it's highly hinted at that Kudelia and the surviving members of Takkedan are watching him and don't trust him, cause they remember ultimately that he is the reason their family was torn to shreds at the end.

And meanwhile everything up until that point had painted him as a sleazy and manipulative man who was equally as terrible as McGillis if not worse. I mean between encouraging and even pardoning Iok's behavior and actions. He didn't care about Julietta (basically asking her to sacrifice herself for his will), she was just his ace in the whole to beat Mikazuki ... and he had no qualms about setting up the other force so he could use illegal weapons that they weren't using (something he had shamed Iok for, while pardoning I believe).

And it was weird, cause for a guy who didn't mind holding off all other forces to see how the battle between McGillis and Gaelio turned out ... meanwhile on Earth he has no qualms about using overwhelming force to crush Mikazuki so that Julietta can claim defeat over him despite doing next to nothing to deserve the win.

Overall the story is well done, but the conclusion is unsatisfying, and even now it feels like there is still more story to tell. I have no idea if they already have a sequel series in mind, but they left a lot of loose ends and I still don't like how Rustal was handled after everything unfolded.
TheMaverickkApr 7, 2017 2:39 PM
Apr 8, 2017 9:44 AM

Aug 2009
hoopla123 said:
Probably the most disappointed I've ever been for a Gundam series period...

At least Iok died like a little cunt bag.

Have you never watched Reconguista G?

Anyway, for a few of those who bash about Iron-Blood being bad you really need to question your opinion because it's people like you who defer potential watchers from shows that are decent enough to watch.

Don't get me wrong, IRO isn't a perfect or amazing show, but it was definitely not trash. It was slow but what other Gundam show was perfectly timed and had no 'slow' moments?

All in all IRO had many unique attributes which really stands out. It was a show that wanted to show the power of togetherness - even form nothing, Tekkadan grew into an organisation with networks.
The corruption and injustice of which the world grows with no retribution.

Albeit, the show was lack luster and the ending may have not been the most satisfying - I still enjoyed it.
Many people hated how Rustal got away with everything. But I want to re-iterate the theme of REALISM. These event happen all the time in the real world where crimes go unpunished due to status and power. It is unsatisfying not seeing Rustal getting punished but it is still somewhat understandable why he did not - who is there to go against him? Plus it the organisation became more 'democratic' which could be a good thing. But knowing Rustal, how democratic can it really be? Not much I reckon.

At least, Tekkadan's goal was somewhat realised. They all belong somewhere now.
Apr 8, 2017 3:36 PM
May 2016
At least Akihiro isn't dead.... He returned in Berserk (2017). Watch him fight his way through evil :D
Apr 8, 2017 6:11 PM

Jul 2015
Lmao Mikasuki's son is named Akatsuki XD

I'm getting some strong Naruto Vibes here lol

Perhaps Ride will convince Akatsuki to form the "Barbatos" a group of revolutionaries willing to continue McGillis Fareed's coup by completely over throwing Ghjallarhorn and returning the true power of the world to those that made it happen, not Rustal Elion.

Then Boom! A season 3.
Apr 9, 2017 6:27 AM
Oct 2014
Z4k said:
Rustal is a piece of trash. He got away with everything.

There will always be that human debris(yes i just called rustal that), who outdoes the system.
Apr 9, 2017 6:35 AM
Oct 2014
I enjoyed this series, and probably one of the best and sadest gundam series i will get the pleasure to see.

I like how the old man got what he desrved at the end. And that the res of tekkadan was able to continue with their lives.

Rustal is the true human debris on this series. But somehow he managed to survive by hiding behind his forces, like a true coward. Using their loyalty, to complete all of the task, with hsving to move a finger himself. A true politician.

And i love how kudelia indirectly rubbed in Rustal's face, that tekkadan was nothing bu honorable.
Heck by the end not even his followers agreed with rustal, as the they saw how those children where being used.

Somehow i knew that mika would made it. But atleadt we got the pleasent surprised, of seeing he a son.

Maybe they will use Mika's son as the next mc for a gundam series. He being in the military.
Apr 9, 2017 11:57 AM
Dec 2014
not sure if this was already posted
http://matomame.jp/user/bohetiku/59bb033f32a5ddabeafb
Almiria went insane
Gaelio got paralized at the end of s1, he could only walk due to the AV system, now that he removed it he lost use of his legs again
Atra and Kudelia got married
Mika's son's full name is "Akatsuki Augus Mixta Bernstein" (yes, really)
Apr 9, 2017 12:00 PM

Sep 2016
qberr said:
Almiria went insane
Gaelio got paralized at the end of s1, he could only walk due to the AV system, now that he removed it he lost use of his legs again
big if true.
the writer went insane while finishing the anime.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 9, 2017 12:08 PM
Dec 2014
GangsterCat said:
qberr said:
Almiria went insane
big if true.
the writer went insane while finishing the anime.
why
aside from Almiria going insane, everything is great
it was neither the cookie cutter ending where a bunch of child soldiers defea the biggest army in the universe nor the complete tragedy Nagai wanted
Apr 9, 2017 4:18 PM

Feb 2013
Finally some action! Mika going berserk like that was great.

Mika was never really confirmed to be dead. It doesn't matter though.

5/10 (disappointingly average)
Low score because everything but the action was pretty bad, and there wasn't enough action to earn it a better score.

This anime suffered from not having any good villains.
Rustal Elion? He's scum, but not some evil mastermind or anything.
McGillis, nope. He had potential, but his entire existence was about class envy.

The other and biggest problem is lack of characterization.
Julietta was basically a side-character the entire time. What do we know about her? Nothing. Why should I care about her? No reason so I have no interest in wanting her to win.

On the positives: Iok finally really died... or so we are lead to believe.
Apr 10, 2017 4:54 PM

Sep 2008
This Julietta... with her obsession for cause and service and being a tool for X purpose...
Should have died in the previous battle when she faced Mika in space and be done and over with her annoying persona
In the end noone important dies on Gjallarhorn side, while most if not all of the cool Tekkadan charanters got killed.
Damn I so wished for Shinos dainsleif spear to pierce Rustal's ass in the earlier episode.(wait that brings me back to my Julietta hate... that *****) Oh well...
Overall a bitter ending, with a tiny bit of sweeteners in the form of some of the crew surviving. Thats all we get. :/
~_~ !
Apr 10, 2017 5:28 PM

Jun 2013
Iok died sure but Rustal got away after everything he has done! shit man wtf!!
Apr 12, 2017 2:10 AM
Jan 2013
For the love of mother!
Who wrote this bullshit? I can't began to believe they even dare to accept this shit into gundam franchise.... why not made up some robot, name it new!
i mean c'mon who would ever thought that julietta's rambling in space battle was actually a foreshadowing to killing mikazuki... and she did not die in that space battle..... magically....
story-wise, it's a tragedy... duh...
I mean yes, usually to deliver a cathartic expirience... but wait! i can't seems to find any piece of didactic information in this series! i mean seriously? what? Don't be stupid and control your emotion? Be smart? War is shit, whoever wins? this one maybe.... and then how they delivered it? by making the villain won! How trully idiotic.... Viewers became angry and crave for more war!
Apr 12, 2017 2:16 AM
Jan 2013
Axelucard said:
Iok died sure but Rustal got away after everything he has done! shit man wtf!!
True! I blame Trump for this!
Apr 12, 2017 12:53 PM
Sep 2016
IBO is actually quite good, I really enjoy it, and the idea to emphasize the cruelty of war and the sorrow of poor children lived in a chaotic time period whose destiny are tragically decided. Mika is an ideal example of those who ultimately become the sacrifice of wars, emotionless and cruel even if he is just a kid.
On the other hand, this series somehow gives a little bit disappointment...it seems that the core value of Gundam series is not inherited at all, which is the importance of understanding and tolerance. Tekkadan indeed is very poor and characters indeed are very unfortunate but...empty bodies and minds, like killers like Mika, cannot tell what Gundam wants to illustrate can't it?
Anyway, it is a good series, I have bought a Barbatos already :))
Apr 12, 2017 3:27 PM
Apr 2016
KOKA_Xu said:
IBO is actually quite good, I really enjoy it, and the idea to emphasize the cruelty of war and the sorrow of poor children lived in a chaotic time period whose destiny are tragically decided. Mika is an ideal example of those who ultimately become the sacrifice of wars, emotionless and cruel even if he is just a kid.
On the other hand, this series somehow gives a little bit disappointment...it seems that the core value of Gundam series is not inherited at all, which is the importance of understanding and tolerance. Tekkadan indeed is very poor and characters indeed are very unfortunate but...empty bodies and minds, like killers like Mika, cannot tell what Gundam wants to illustrate can't it?

It is quite unfathomable how your opening statement could not lead to correct shaping of the latter part. Throughout the series there were people who were the beacons of reason for Tekkadan, who understood what was wrong with what they were doing and where they were heading. Zack, the latest one, was praised not only by his friends for being considerate and NOT WANTING TO LET OTHERS KEEP DYING but also by the core staff of Tekkadan itself, saying that if they had more people like Zack Orga would not need to have it that hard making decisions. The struggle ultimately led to the opposition of Tekkadan to show open or hidden compassion and regret towards the tragic fate of Tekkadan, as in Rustal who slightly remarked how he is not the best kind of person (yet who made real all what the kids ever wanted for) and, what is most important, by people who fought them until the end: Juliett, Gaelio (and Ein). Iok throughout the series did not show a slightest sign of regret or compassion towards likely anyone but his pride and for his subordinates, which resulted in, alas, his cruel end. If you really consider being disappointed over lack of" core value of Gundam series", then you would have missed the context and symbolism that the series was hinting at from beginning to the end, and actual dialogue lines. Though in your case (which is not the case of that grey mass that calls for obliteration of non-existing antagonists and says how cool the cruel kids are) I believe you are slightly misguided and that looking over my presumable arguments will help you set it straight.
Re:formed
Apr 12, 2017 3:47 PM
Sep 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
KOKA_Xu said:

It is quite unfathomable how your opening statement could not lead to correct shaping of the latter part. Throughout the series there were people who were the beacons of reason for Tekkadan, who understood what was wrong with what they were doing and where they were heading. Zack, the latest one, was praised not only by his friends for being considerate and NOT WANTING TO LET OTHERS KEEP DYING but also by the core staff of Tekkadan itself, saying that if they had more people like Zack Orga would not need to have it that hard making decisions. The struggle ultimately led to the opposition of Tekkadan to show open or hidden compassion and regret towards the tragic fate of Tekkadan, as in Rustal who slightly remarked how he is not the best kind of person (yet who made real all what the kids ever wanted for) and, what is most important, by people who fought them until the end: Juliett, Gaelio (and Ein). Iok throughout the series did not show a slightest sign of regret or compassion towards likely anyone but his pride and for his subordinates, which resulted in, alas, his cruel end. If you really consider being disappointed over lack of" core value of Gundam series", then you would have missed the context and symbolism that the series was hinting at from beginning to the end, and actual dialogue lines. Though in your case (which is not the case of that grey mass that calls for obliteration of non-existing antagonists and says how cool the cruel kids are) I believe you are slightly misguided and that looking over my presumable arguments will help you set it straight.

yeah, I am a bit contradictory, perhaps what what I wanna say is that IBO is a very anime, but it's like another work with the name of 'Gundam'...it's like what they drive can be anything else, but not necessarily Gundam.
Like when Amuro drove the Gundam he did it for stupids reasons like to help both sides to understand each other brabrabra, but they are positive and inspiring,
but in IBO it seems too cruel that Gundam has completely became the machine to help Mika to kill people...and Mika did it entirely to obey orders so...perhaps this is the disappointment I might have
I can understand the highlights of this series, and its excellence, which is absolutely not telling how cool cruel kids are...so I admit its good points as well.
Apr 13, 2017 10:04 PM

Feb 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
So that's our ending. As a finale to the events that have transpired thus far it was surprisingly really good but my issue is with the direction the story took in this second season and not the finale itself.

I guess I'll start off by saying everything I liked about the finale.
-The action was awesome, Mika and Akihiro finally together till the very end was awesome.
-IOK DIED, That was seriously the best part. So satisfying watching him getting crushed. XD
-For the direction the story took, they gave it an acceptable and rather bittersweet ending. At least the world came out a better place, so yeah well done for that.
-Atra's become quite the beauty. XD Akatsuki is nice. :P

That aside, as I stated above the writing and plot development for this 2nd cour of the season hasn't been all that good. A lot of events such as the mobile armor arc and the initial arc with focus on the Earth branch became kinda pointless given the direction the story was ultimately heading in these final episodes. What was the point of all that happening? they were more like distractions to fill the episodes. Tekkadan teamed up with Fareed to revolutionize the corrupt Gjallarhorn and change the structure of the world for the better, I didn't like it when they revealed that they were just gonna abandon that objective. I suppose Tekkadan after all these years and growing as a big organization lost the flair they had in the first season to charge head on and make a difference. It just doesn't feel right to end a story with the protagonists abandoning their goal and choosing to escape, it kinda defeats the purpose of all the hardships they've faced. Nonetheless I did like how Mika realized they had already reached the place that Orga was trying to take them too.

I guess as a whole you could say the theme of this season is to Appreciate the things you already have and never lose sight of them over the greed of getting more. As referenced by Mika they had already reached the place they wanted to be, they were already family. The longing for more is what eventually resulted in the death of Tekkadan and I guess this is what this story tries to convey.

The time skip summary was good enough for me, at least the Fareed events brought about change in the Gjallarhorn's governing structure. I suppose it feels sad to see Rustal and co get away with all the corruption but hey it's not like our irl governments are pure so what the hell? At least here we can see there's change for the better, while it's a little unbelievable to see that everything turned out positively after those events, I'll take what I get. It's better than showing a corrupt Gjallharorn still ruling.

It's been quite the run, I have to admit that I didn't like the direction of the story in this 2nd season but it was still entertaining and enjoyable enough with an ending that I find acceptable but the deaths of all the characters were complete bullshit and could have been done better. XD

8/10, First season was definitely the better one though but I can't bring myself to give this one a lower rating. :P

R.I.P Tekkadan, you will be remembered.
JizzyHitler said:
I loved this ending, its going to divide people no doubt but this is a very ballsy shot at idealism and self sacrifice being portrayed as a greater good and the crushing realities of war that contradict them. Its nihilistic and depressing but I can only applaud this decision more than anything even if I am sure some people are just going to feel the show is weaker because of it. Rustal nor tekkadan were evil, they were both routes to corruption or a negative impact on the world, they have both done messed up things and killed but it was a fight for existences.

I do wish things in the finale were handled better, it was kind of rushed and should of been spread out across an entire cour, but I am still gonna give this a 8/10, probably up there are one of my favorite au gundams, it went from a generic row row fight the power action show to something much more critiquing and criticizing the glorification of violence in media with this depressing finale.

I'm somewhere in between you two. I really liked the direction they went with for the finale, but I agree some arcs like the mobile armor arc makes me wonder why that was ever included (it had some cool action scenes though!).

I liked the main characters didn't accomplish their goals in the end, like Lelouch0202 said, they had already accomplished their original goal and wanting more caused their demise. In the end, both parties had problems, but Rustal in the end came around and created the very world Fareed wanted.

Tekkadan and Rustal both lost things, but got what they wanted. I really liked how the reality of the situation caught up with Tekkadan and the characters realized they didn't need any more but it came at a price. I thought that was meaningful ending, it would have been boring if Tekkadan somehow won, there was no way they could have won in the end. They're were blinded by greed and wanted more than their original goal. And ironically in the end, Rustal and Kudelia brought upon a better future that I think even Orga and Farreed imagined.

Also looks like Kudelia and Atra married! Ride got his revenge. Iok died. Galeio became more humble. It all worked out!
Apr 14, 2017 6:45 AM
Jan 2016
Hate to say but I think I like this ending. I really want to see Mika, Orga, Akihiro, Shino live with the others too with smile and no more battles, but yeah, they're fighters and live to fight till the end. Their sacrifices make the other members can live in peace just like Orga's wishes. Happy to see that Gjallarhorn is changing in a good way under Rustal. I think everybody will ask why it must end like this, almost all of the main characters died on the battlefield...but yeah, they've born to be fighters and died like fighters too. And Mika's son, is really looks like him with brown hair wkwk Atra is really beautiful with long hair. Gonna miss this show!!!
Apr 15, 2017 4:40 PM

Dec 2012
That's right, Julieta. Tekkaden fought to live. Not as debris or demons, but as humans. They struggled to hold onto their humanity more than anyone else in the series.

The epilogue certainly does give a sense of satisfaction & closure after all of the tragedy that unfolded. While it's nice to see how most of the survivors were able to find a way of life that didn't involve flirting with death, I'm more than overjoyed to see Nobliss get his dues. A blissful irony that he was killed with Orga's gun by the person Orga gave his life to protect. I still feel somewhat sad for Ride though, as he's likely going to continue to live in the shadows of revolution.

Man, that ending though. Atra really grew. From loli to lovely in no time. Kudelia and Atra...hmm. They've always had a very bizarre relationship, but I'm gonna call no homo here. Both of them are mothering the son of the man they loved. Seeing Akatsuki wearing all three of their bracelets was a really nice touch. They're now all closer than ever before.

9/10, an excellent sequel that brought it all home. I'd been hoping to see something on par with Gundam 00's maturity and Iron-Blooded Orphans delivered remarkably. I can only hope it'll happen again.
Apr 16, 2017 2:14 PM

Jan 2012
I have just finished this anime and at least Tekkaden goal is achieved but I didnt realise how good this 2nd season compared 1st.

I was a bit shocked as I thought Kudelia would have a child with Mika but guess it didnt go the way I thought it be
Koolman511Apr 16, 2017 2:18 PM

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Apr 16, 2017 3:50 PM

Aug 2013
Worst fucking ending ever. Ruined the ENTIRE show (50 fucking episodes) over the course of only 5 episodes. Wasted my time watching this shit. That ending was an absolute train wreck.
Apr 16, 2017 3:52 PM

Aug 2013
Itachi_0893 said:
That was really bad, I can accept the fact that the corrupt guys wins at the end, but they had to portrait as if everything was fine, with all survivors having happy endings, who cares. Since the episode in which McGillis and the tekkadan lost in the big space battle this series went to sh*t. I wouldn't have minded if everyone died fighting, but not, they were convinced that they would find their place by running, throwing away all the little development and the ambitions they had as a group.

Overall the first season was way better, the mecha animation was amazing, but the 2 main characters were badly written, finally, the ending of the series just taught us that, if you are corrupt you will win in life.

6/10

That's exactly what I thought. 25 episodes with Hush for what? He just dies off in a pathetic way. Every bad guy had INSANE plot armor too it was disgusting. Wish someone had warned me to not watch the last 5 episodes before the anime became complete TRASH. Wasted my fucking time on this stupid shit.
Apr 19, 2017 12:44 AM

Oct 2015
That was a bloody battle for sure and very sad to watch. In the end the princess got to live and Mika,akihiro and Orgas never made it hell even Barbatos got shit up. That anime was messed up and very cruel and thats the stuff that i like cuz it shows that life is not always on the good side, i wish i could watch anime like these or movies. Rest in peace Mika, Biscuit, Akihiro, Orgas and Aston may their legacies continue on Mika's child and Ride.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 22, 2017 11:32 PM

Jan 2008
qberr said:
Almiria went insane

Is it true that Atra and Kudelia got married? I thought it was just people's wishful thinking. Is it already officially confirmed? I actually find it strange. Yes, they both loved Mikazuki but did they have to get married just to raise Mikazuki and Atra's child? Kudelia did promise Mikazuki she'll protect Atra and the child but I think that could have been possible without the marriage thing.
Apr 25, 2017 3:14 AM
Nov 2016
I don't think Atra and Kudelia got married. She loves Mika and wants to keep the promise of helping Atra rises the child.
Apr 25, 2017 12:21 PM

Dec 2009
Arguably one of the best pilots in the history of Gundam series dies without defeating any notable enemies in the entire second cour. Lets give all the shitty antagonists second or third lives and kill off all the great protagonists with pathetic ends.

What a waste. McGillis' final arc and death was about as poorly handled as they come.

The first season had me thinking this might be my all time favorite Gundam. The second season completely destroyed that sentiment.
Apr 30, 2017 8:39 AM

Apr 2014
Damn it. This season is a mess! My favorite main character died!
I wish this is the end of this series, or else I won't be watching anymore!
Because of that I'll rate this anime a 6 (or 7) out of 10 score overall.
RayzerApr 30, 2017 8:43 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Apr 30, 2017 8:32 PM
May 2011
Man that ending was such bullshit.

I honestly don't mind that mika died, i was kind of expecting it.

but i didn't expect him to become weak as fuck all of a sudden.

he should have died from the strain of overusing the system after murdering all the Gjallarhorn soldiers.
May 2, 2017 12:55 PM
Oct 2011
Too many death flags, the new characters never fit in and at some point I just began to hate even the original cast because they were being either scumbags or overly dramatic. I also noticed some reuse of scenes or old assets in places where they certainly did not belong. It would've been better if this sequel never happened, yet I cannot bring myself to give it any lower score because in the end it still felt very unique which is a huge plus.

7/10
May 13, 2017 11:28 AM
Jan 2011
Survival - that's the core theme. Realism at its finest.
May 23, 2017 4:51 PM
Aug 2015
I am happy that in the end Kudekia and Atra ended up together the derator and the voice actors that plays Mikazuk and Kudekia where interviewed and the derator said that same sex marriage is actually legal in the Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans universe and Atra and Kudekia are both married to each other and he also said that Almiria was hospitalized after the death's of her husband and Mikazuk child official name was confirmed to be Akatsuki Augus Mixati Bernstein I am gesing that Atra canged her last name after she married Kudekia and the voice actor that plays Mikazuk said to the anime news Network that is is most likely going to be a movie I can't wait for that after leaning this information I am going to give Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans 9.5/10
May 25, 2017 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
I really want to give a 7/10 just because of this episode (and the fact Iok fucking died HE DID). Last fight was awesome but having Julieta scream her kill on the name of Rustal fucking triggered me. He went total OP too with the illegal weapons.

Anyways, 6/10. Better than the first season.
Jun 2, 2017 6:41 AM

Jan 2013
Iok being crushed to death was good and satisfying to see a hypocrite put out and that goon fatty riddled with bullets on a toilet seat is a fitting end to that piece of garbage. I dunno if the men that killed Orga was taken out by Ride's men but I hope so. But what irks me is that bitch Julieta or w/e her name is is still alive..... I am aghast to read how people are commenting she is innocent like are they delusional as hell? She is with one of those shady men, Rustalh, the one she idolized and followed like a dumb dog and kept continuing with him then not only that but also to say she fights far and square? What?! Did they not see her fight against Mika in his state and that's fair? Then this bitch takes off Barabatoss head like she did all of the work when just a few episodes she got her ass handed to her by Mika further even when she is told about her overcoming "the devil" she doesn't stop that kind of talk at all but baths in it. Three big time hypocrites and only 1 of them dies..... ugh!

I hope there's some after story or something so we can see this bitch dead along with Rustal. This Rustahl guy reminds of me every single corrupt politician there is today and I'm glad to know they all will be judged when that day comes for all their evil.

I am incredibly disheartened that Kudelia didn't get a chance to get with Mika and have his child. They could of done it during that threesome hug scene.... Also, what happened to the loli wife of McGillis? She did say she would also bare the sins with him so....but why omit this?

The only good people in here would probably be the twins who attend the school at Mars. And damn is Atra hot grown up.
radleJun 2, 2017 6:48 AM
Jun 9, 2017 1:35 AM

Mar 2015
I hate this season

But at least Iok died too

9/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 14, 2017 10:46 PM
May 2012
I HOPE YOU'LL ROT IN HELL, NOBLISS GORDON!!

That fat pieces of shit who deserves to be dead in the first place & it does feel like he's insulting me than Rustal elion which was worst. Seriously, who gives a shit about Iok Kujan who likes to chew scenery all the time anyway. He's just dumb. At least he's dead.

Anyway I'm sorta happy the show is ended since it isn't doin it for me anymore because I'm feeling traumatized over emotional ending until today. I have been enjoying that show more than not since the halfway of season 2 started.

So you know what? Everyone who loves Iron Blooded Orphans? YOU WIN. I won't ever talk about this series again.
Jun 15, 2017 3:34 PM
Dec 2016
capncrunch said:
Arguably one of the best pilots in the history of Gundam series dies without defeating any notable enemies in the entire second cour. Lets give all the shitty antagonists second or third lives and kill off all the great protagonists with pathetic ends.

What a waste. McGillis' final arc and death was about as poorly handled as they come.

The first season had me thinking this might be my all time favorite Gundam. The second season completely destroyed that sentiment.

Well at least he kill that motherf****rs piece of sh*t gangb*nging c*cks*cker Jasley donomikols where ever hole that he 's hibernate on
Jun 22, 2017 3:45 AM

Oct 2013
This is the type of show that should've ended in 1 season, the sequel just ruining the first season, really anti climatic waste of time watching this.

That Rustal is total sack of shit, suddenly came in the 2nd season and then he got away with everything he wants in the end, i mean really ? after all the built up from the first season and the authoer decided to add this new character named Rustal and let him have all the fun with Gjallarhorn make him a supreme leader of the organization also he's smug face really annoys me, focken author was drunk or just total jackass.

AND WOW THAT JULIETA BITCH STILL ALIVE !!! i can't believe this shit, at least you know at least they killed Iok and Noblis Gordon but still that bitch had to die in the first place, i don't know what the author in favor of these irrelevant character like Rustal, Julieta, and Iok, like seriously they weren't even the main characters, you're dumb if you're trying to justify the ending by saying it's a good finale, for me nope the finale was a total crap.

I bet the author tryna make the whole series dramatic and stuff by killing the main character with no solid reason, and let the bad guys becoming the good guys after killing them, i still can't blieve i've wasted my time watching the 2nd season. At least i enjoyed the first couple episodes.

Overall score 3/10, i hope i can unsee the whole 2nd season of this shit
Jul 8, 2017 6:35 AM

Apr 2009
This is the Gundam version of Akame ga Kill.

6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2017 1:38 PM

Jun 2013
So after all this, Mobile Armor is just a fucking filler? What the fuck was that?
They killed most interesting character of all, Hush. He's like a sidekick to Mikazuki, kinda like Genos to Saitama. Be damned dead yo.. unsatisfyi-
But wait, we get Iok's death, should be in Top 10 Anime Deaths.

For all this time, they make Gundam Frame like a barbie doll, nothing so powerful about it, just a bit powerful than most of the trash. Yet, I think as it's a "Gundam" name on it, should be OP as fuck, the pilot already had zero system in their brain yet the gundam never revamped into something greater, as if the show doesn't revolve around gundam. That's what it is. It doesn't revolve around gundam, more like slice of life of Tekkadan, trying to get shit done.

OH BOY I'M STILL PISSED ABOUT MOBILE ARMOR. What the point of that shit anyway, doesn't make any sense. No back story of it existence. More like a reason to fight in a Gundam Frame. Totally imbecile kind of filler, not even a second coming after the first one damned.

The character on the other hand, changed so drastically like they have mental issue. The character like to kick the bucket quite suddenly. Just kill everyone as expected but not the way Gundam franchise used to. Surprise surprise! Hush is just, the best character for me. Die without doing shit, he is the most LOVABLE character god dammit! McGillis is cool though, very observing but not realizing self weaknesses is dumb. Julieta is just there for... I don't know maybe Gaelio love interest, which doesn't even concern me a little bit. FOR WHAT??? Ride the man. Kill the corruption from within.

Take the head of Barbatos for maximum disrespect

VILLAIN WON GG 9/10 GIT GUD TEKKADAN LMAO
I feel like wanna flip the 9 to 6. Oh the glory of watching it the second time in the future.

Atra is bae. Barbatos howl \\[T ]//
Jul 30, 2017 7:37 PM
Aug 2015
Well a shitty ending to an otherwise half-way decent anime. The only thing that made this show any good was some killer animation and a handful of cool characters of which they wind up killing 99%.

But really it's the fact that the main antag won in the end that really grinds my gears. I'm glad Ride killed that scumbag Nobliss but I wanted to see Rustal Elion get his cap peeled back.

I give the entire series as a whole (seasons 1 and 2) a 6/10. Okay (good if you're a fan of the Gundam/Mech genre) but still skippable

EDIT: Upon further thought I have to give the series as a whole a 5/10. So much plotlines left unfinished or were made completely irrelevant. So many pointless characters added just to kill them off. A total ass pull ending where some how everything Mcgillis and Tekkadan were fighting for came to fruition even though they were defeated. And absolutely ZERO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. The first season being kind of good saved the series as a whole from being a total travesty. Still, all in all, would not recommend.
daviddereezyJul 31, 2017 12:09 PM
"Anyone who doesn't like what I like or think how I think can suck it." - Abradolf Lincler
Jul 30, 2017 7:50 PM
Aug 2015
ezaya said:
This is the Gundam version of Akame ga Kill.

6/10

So true and so funny
"Anyone who doesn't like what I like or think how I think can suck it." - Abradolf Lincler
Jul 31, 2017 3:51 AM

Aug 2011
oh man roller coaster of emotions through series.

at least Iok and Nobliss Gordon's death is probably enough for me to accept

this bittersweet ending.

6/10 pretty decent.
Jul 31, 2017 8:42 AM
Jul 2017
whyyy you killed him all whyy
Aug 8, 2017 9:48 PM

Nov 2010
i think this is better than 00 (movie not included)
Aug 16, 2017 6:07 AM
Jul 2014
Last few ep was awful. That ending was just a slap to the face. Bad guys won and we're suppose to believe Kudelia is making a difference somehow.
Aug 18, 2017 12:01 PM
Jun 2017
Really hope Ride and others are able to move on... after killing Rustal. Still trying to figure out whether I hate the ending or love it.
Sep 20, 2017 12:57 PM
Nov 2012
Loved it. I think the whole show was brilliant on my many levels. Unrealistic and yet very realistic at the same time.
The good guys don't always win.
The good guys aren't always "really good", neither the bad guys are "really bad". Most of the time there is a grey area. McGillis and Rustal are perfect examples. I find Rustal to be the good guy at the end, despite doing some evil and killing our heroes.

Speaking about McGillis, he's one of the big disappointments. He betrayed his friend, sneakily used his wife and Tekkadan and others, he used Bael and didn't accomplish anything. Heck, even when he the chance to kill Iok, he DIDN"T!!!!

Iok's crushing scene was very satisfying. 10/10 for that :D

The series is different than other Gundams. Its not really about mecha wars. It is a gloomy and often depressing drama. The sudden shock and change of events, we played. It made me cry hard at times (someone in his late 30's crying over anime T_T ). The deaths of Biscuit and Falter burst tears out of my eyes.

There were cheesy or unneeded moments of course, and I got lost in some details and the mecha wars, but it was okay.

I'm a bit surprised by the severe criticism Iron Blooded Orphans by many people. I can understand it being not a match to their favorites, but definitely not a bad anime series. But anyway, to each his own opinion.

I'm definitely going to watch it few more times to catch on the details I missed, maybe watch the dub as well if I get my hold on it.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» Is IBO a modern hidden gem? (Spoilers)

Onigiri_Aoi - Oct 29, 2023

10 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 12, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.