Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 20, 2020 9:02 PM

Aug 2015
This is the weirdest type of foreshadowing: the one that is so obvious that may or may not be true.

It´s kinda obvious that she is the princess Kaguya, but at the same time I don´t think she is. Maybe some type of reincarnation stuff?

Nov 20, 2020 9:40 PM
Oct 2020
; Nasa's parents are so precious lol
the foreshadowing is heavy in this episode, i hope the death flag part doesnt occur, else im gonna be depressed for a looooooooooooooong time

; super wholesome episode! seriously, i cant get enough of danna-sama wholesomenesss! this anime is my instant remedy for depression every week :)

-Tsukasa is literally an OP immortal godess lmao
Nov 20, 2020 9:56 PM

Apr 2020
When the death flag turns out to be for their apartment 🤣
Nov 20, 2020 10:44 PM

Jul 2016
Nasa's parents are such an awkward pair xD Totally love them!

Favorite episode so far. The parents meeting was quite amusing to see and those last minutes with Nasa's father thanking Tsukasa for having saved his son's life were pretty touching as well.
That ending scene was quite the surprise, by the way. Their place actually burned down lol.

Now on a side note, it seems there is indeed a certain aspect of fantasy in this show after all. Honestly, I don't think that's what the show needs but well... guess I should start getting used to the idea of Tsukasa being somewhat immortal from now on.
SouthRzVaNov 20, 2020 10:47 PM
Nov 20, 2020 11:21 PM
Feb 2018
are they wataru and saki from hayate no gotoku in the last scene in front of burned apartment??

firstawaNov 20, 2020 11:27 PM
Nov 21, 2020 12:35 AM

Apr 2020
Our Main Couple finally visits Nasa's parents in Nara. And they really are weird to say the least. Tsukasa manages to get along well with both the parents. That oyasumi kiss is really sweet, their mom and dad think they're about to do the exercise.

After Chitose crashed in their stop at Kyoto, they went into a Nara trip. Tsukasa taking weird Nasa pictures are really cute, feels smuggy of her. Yet when they reached the vacant lot, our girl is hinting the signs. (Spoilers) Even us manga readers haven't reached the info dump, but I remember this scene specifically in the manga. When Tsukasa speaks of people living happily 1300 years ago and the fact that she knows so much history and ancient Japanese, it's a hint. She might be immortal. Again, us manga readers haven't reached that point but the anime-only's will sure have their time to dig some theories.

Anyways, I was really touched by Nasa's father thanks to Tsukasa. Without her, their great kind-hearted son will be gone. And they're proud of Tsukasa on marrying him. It was a touching scene and I just hope something like this happen in real life. Finally they say their goodbyes and heads back to Tokyo. Just to see their house got burnt. Yes, the event that unfolds after this will be heck of a lot fun.

This anime adaptation (although a bit too bright) has managed to stay faithfully to the manga. Seven Arcs did a great job so far to translate this into an anime. And with how the pacing goes, this will for sure be a 24 episode season. Which I'm okay with since the previous mangaka's work Combat Butler lasted for a full year (although those were different times for anime). I'm happy with how things are going, the episode is very good and hey Tonikawa is going to surpass the 8.0 mark!
Nov 21, 2020 12:43 AM

Apr 2020
I might add that when Nasa explains to Tsukasa on how he handles his personal property, he didn't know at that point THAT HE IS FORESHADOWING THEIR APARTMENT GETTING BURNT. That was a fun scene and in the end they got what they're given...(tbh they didn't deserve that, it was just amusing)
Nov 21, 2020 12:46 AM

Aug 2018
The chapter was very nice about everything that Nasa's father told Tsukasa, but...WHAT HAPPENED?!
Nov 21, 2020 1:34 AM

Mar 2016
KANLen09 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's time for Meet-the-Parents session with Nasa's family, moving into the land of genuine deers, Nara!

Tsukasa spitting out her "Princess Kaguya 1000-year goddess immortality" aside, Nasa's eccentric parents are as elated and overly nervous about the sudden marriage. MENTALLY READY, NOT!

As expected, he's the family manager, but him and Tsukasa sleeping on level ground, NOW THAT'S A TURN ON even without sound-proof walls. An arm pillow, and the husbando having tons of ideas while the waifu plays around as usual. But a goodnight kiss? YES. And changing in front of your husband? That's quite stimulating!

Like father like son, he doesn't know what to converse with the waifu, but history is one way to hook her. One interesting tidbit though: thousands of years of history Tsukasa can read... (and too bad they missed out the entire Rurouni Kenshin reference part...though I'd understand to further the pacing of the story.)

Sightseeing of old rich-in-history buildings in Nara, and just like last episode in Kyoto. Calling a pagoda a 5-storey building is just too funny, but Tsukasa slowly revealing more of her immortality history is really something to take note of.

But really, Nasa's dad's dogeza to Tsukasa and thanking her for saving their only son's life is just the most sweetest thing ever. That's how you entrust children to their partners and sending them off in a safe manner.

The trip home as newlyweds about to start...AND THEIR APARTMENT BURNT DOWN. Talk about a cliffhanger of a life that never began.

Question: Think hard about Tsukasa's all-knowing history! ---> Immortality???
I think the Rurouni Kenshin part was intentionally not inserted, if you know what I mean.
Nov 21, 2020 2:13 AM

Apr 2015
Such a sweet episode once again!

Nasa's parents are the best parents they can have, so lively! The moment the father expressed his gratitude was heartwarming and I can't blame him. Tsukasa was the savior of their son after all.

Man, what a cliffhanger. To enjoy your whole trip to Kyoto/Nara and to come back to find out your apartment has burnt down. Yikes.
Nov 21, 2020 2:14 AM
Jul 2018
The nasa countries are really cool, the really cool episode is nice looking forward to the next episode.

Nov 21, 2020 4:01 AM

Apr 2016
Well, I’m still thinking that he should try to ask something about her past and not just because I’m curious, it’s not just for that.
Nov 21, 2020 4:44 AM

Oct 2016
Well they are definitely not hiding that Tsukasa has probably lived for thousands of years lmao. Fantastic episode though, I love Nasa's parents I can definitely see that Nasa is the combination of his parents.

That arm sleep thing is relatable as fuck, that goodnight kiss was so sweet hngh. I choked up when Nasa's father was thanking Tsukasa for saving Nasa. I did not expect some feels after the fun that was this episode.

Lmao, Nasa really foreshadowed their house burning down. Now they really have no choice but, to move. Looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 21, 2020 5:40 AM
Dec 2019
wholesome test aced
Nov 21, 2020 6:22 AM

Sep 2017
Lots of hinting that Tsukasa actually lived through these periods. It would explain why she wasn't interesting in historical sites in Kyoto.
Nov 21, 2020 6:55 AM
Apr 2019
Still a wholesome episode <3

Nasa's parents is really supportive to their relationship and they're not even mad at all. I noticed that Tsukasa knows something from a far existing history... It feels odd.
Nov 21, 2020 7:06 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
What a nice convocation Tsukasa-chan had there. Even if their habits were simply strange and weird as hell. Its understandable. They both, Nasa's parents, were so care to their child without a doubt, which was so good to see. There was no drama involved around their meeting. They accepted Tsukasa-chan very well done. Even did a very warmth thank-you note, as a gratitude, coming from Nasa's father knewing that Tsukasa-chan was their child savior. Oh man, its touching. Tsukasa-chan never chase to amazed me. She was clearly a wise girl, by taking those Nasa's father wishes as a real deal and becaming more great as a waifu character material. Its just a simple wholesome for the rest of duration, funny moments, with a lot of vagued historical self-explanatory by Tsukasa-chan. Lol, sounds wrong? I might pretend to be dumb, there, like Nasa and his father did on these episode! Oh, right the sleeping in the same level of futon scene was just a satisfaction. They kept their pureness as their best, only to do a one night kiss. Nice, now go back to your sleep Nasa's father!

Okay, the arc of Nasa's parents meeting was over. Everything just ended up smoothly, but those last scene really mind-blowing me a little. Feel surprised? Lol. Nasa, your statement just became a reality there!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 21, 2020 7:59 AM

Oct 2019
what chapter did ep 8 ended? i want to reqd the manga
Nov 21, 2020 8:42 AM

Oct 2013
Akkiy said:
what chapter did ep 8 ended? i want to reqd the manga
You can start right at chapter 31 since 30 ends with exact same cliffhanger
Nov 21, 2020 9:03 AM

Jun 2020
LOL i can see how nasa got his name now, his parents are hilariously weird lol

that was so sweet tho when nasa's dad was thanking tsukasa :')

loooool @ those nasa pics

also damn, their apartment really did burn down, that was their little cosy home :(

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 21, 2020 10:00 AM

Mar 2020
A slight change in the OP, Nasa's parents are shown now.
Nasa's parents ended up being a little more common than I expected, but that must be because of their son. Finally, Tsukasa and Nasa sleeping at the same height and, after a slight provocation, a good night kiss (which this time had a better animation than the others).
The second part of the episode gave several hints that Tsukasa is not an ordinary human, it is a legal mystery but I don't know if it matches the anime. And Nasa's father thanking Tsukasa for saving his son's life was incredible, it shows the love they have.
The ending took me completely by surprise, I didn't expect the apartment to really catch on fire, it was supposed to be just a joke.
It wasn't one of the best episodes but it was still good.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Nov 21, 2020 10:32 AM

Oct 2015
The parents' weren't that weird (actually, they were not even weird) and I kind of liked them

So did Tsukasa time traveled or something?
Let there be light...
Nov 21, 2020 11:13 AM

Oct 2018
Nasa's parents are added into the opening! I totally love the current opening of this episode!

There's so many heartwarming moments! I'm having diabetes right about now! Nasa's parents reaction of Nasa bringing home Tsukasa is so hillarious! And dat kiss though is so kawaii xD!

I think it's best not to jinx it, Nasa-kun! You'll raise a flag!
Too late! The flag has been raised! Well I'm looking forward for the next episode! (I also noticed Wataru and Saki from Hayate no Gotoku)
Forum set made by Nate
Nov 21, 2020 11:27 AM

May 2018
So, Nasa parents were a couple of oddballs, I can't imagine why would they be that embarrass at Tsukasa when they own the house.
Nov 21, 2020 11:59 AM

Feb 2008
firstawahono said:
are they wataru and saki from hayate no gotoku in the last scene in front of burned apartment??

Yes, that that was cut straight from the manga . . .
Nov 21, 2020 12:14 PM
Sep 2020
yes, I didn't think it had reached eps 8

oh yeah, where do you think the anime will arrive?

nasa and tsukasa will stay at the place of theagawa currents
Nov 21, 2020 2:52 PM

Nov 2012
They arrived at Nasa's parents house, spent a short time there, went for some sightseeing, took some photos and now back to Tokyo. Burnt building awaits them. In front of it - Wataru and Saki from Hayate no Gotoku. It shouldn't be his video rental shop, because it looks different in Hayate no Gotoku, there are no stairs outside and it's in a different neighborhood. Apart from that, Wataru should be older now. So I guess, he was the landlord? Now, they need to find a new place to live. Good thing Nasa kept his files in the cloud and they didn't buy a new expensive TV, that would be a waste.

Nasa is lucky to be married to her. He knows that and spends time with his tsureai. The whole relationship tends to be cute, because that's the author's intention.

There are hints to Tsukasa's very long life. She knows how to read old Japanese and seems to remember things from distant past. In the manga there is also the katana scene. Otōsan treats her like a stereotypical teenager, which she clearly isn't.

Episode 8 ends where chapter 30 ends. There is room for more than 12 episodes.

edit: embedding straight from Mangadex doesn't work
Nov 21, 2020 4:53 PM

Jun 2019
Some funny moments with the parents. It once again goes a little too overboard on the sweetness. They really beat us over the head with all the hints that Tsukasa is thousands of years old. I guess she is an alien or something, but if they are just going to keep dropping hints instead of coming out with it, then I’m going to get really annoyed really fast.
Nov 21, 2020 5:55 PM

Nov 2015
Even more hints about Tsukasa quite possibly being a great deal older than she would appear.

The scene of Nasa's father thanking Tsukasa for saving him and wishing them well was just pure heartwarming sweetness, and I loved it.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Nov 21, 2020 6:41 PM
Aug 2020
another lovely ep full of funny and cute moments i really love it. It is rather obvious that tsukasa is older than sixteen.. by far the most interesting thing about the show is when nasa realizes about the true nature of tsukasa. If she's inmortal or just can liver way longer that a human, are they still gonna be together?
Nov 21, 2020 7:02 PM

Jul 2008
Blue_Maroon said:
Some funny moments with the parents. It once again goes a little too overboard on the sweetness. They really beat us over the head with all the hints that Tsukasa is thousands of years old. I guess she is an alien or something, but if they are just going to keep dropping hints instead of coming out with it, then I’m going to get really annoyed really fast.

It's Hata's style, you get used to it. He's good to blend supernatural elements in a deceptively normal story.

Just like in Hayate no Gotoku, he'll most probably leave hints left and right and close the story with a dramatic final arc where most of the mysteries bloom together. There's enough chapters out to easily make three seasons and albeit having slightly more hints, we're still in the dark.
Nov 21, 2020 7:08 PM
Dec 2007
Blue_Maroon said:
Unless they change something, that should be the last hint of the season.

Anyways, good episode. They've been spot on with adapting the manga. Coming into this season, I didn't expect this to become my favorite show but its now the one I look forward to the most. There's still plenty of good stuff in the manga so I hope it gets a second cour when this season ends.
Nov 21, 2020 7:33 PM

Aug 2020
How I wish for the day Nasa-kun realizes that he can do more than uncersored first name calling. It's getting more and more evident that Tsukasa isn't who you think she is. My guess is that she is Kaguya Hime or someone like that.

Whatever the case, she is now a normal wife to Nasa-kun.
Nov 21, 2020 8:11 PM

Jul 2020
That foreshadow tho... Nasa's parents are some goofballs
Nov 21, 2020 10:34 PM

Oct 2008
I see...so Nasa-kun's dad is MaitoGai!
their apartment was burnt to crisp....omg WHAT!?!? bwahaha
5/5.

Nov 22, 2020 2:40 AM
Oct 2020
God I really love that reference at the end of the episode with Wataru and Saki. Consider both series have the same writer. It has been a long time since I look up to Hayate no Gotoku.
Nov 22, 2020 3:32 AM
Jul 2018
Lmao the apartment was burned xD where will they stay now? Can't wait for the next ep.
Nov 22, 2020 5:57 AM

Sep 2020
Pretty decent episode. I do think that they made the parents to overreact a bit too much overall though. I'm more curious as to why it's been hinted constantly throughout the episode that Tsukasa might've lived for more than 1,000 years. That certainly peaked my interest. Not to mention how funny it is that Nasa bragged all of his stuff is safely stored then by the end of the episode his house was set on fire lol.
Nov 22, 2020 8:18 AM
Apr 2020
Anyone noticed that VA of Tsukasa-San and the singer of Op song is same person!!???? Or am I thinking something wrong??
Nov 22, 2020 9:38 AM

May 2018
His parents are funny indeed. Rip Nara palace and the Nara city, and most importantly rip Nasa's apartment
Nov 22, 2020 10:08 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
As many stated before and I have to agree. It is pretty much confirmed that Tsukasa is indeed a really old lady.

She might be aging way slower then humans or she might even be immortal in some regards.
Nov 22, 2020 11:09 AM

Nov 2012
Vinukun said:
Anyone noticed that VA of Tsukasa-San and the singer of Op song is same person!!???? Or am I thinking something wrong??

Yes, Akari Kitou is performing the Opening Song "Koi no Uta" and also voicing Tsukasa-san. This is not unusual at all, she has done it before.
Nov 22, 2020 12:11 PM

Mar 2017
Now we know where Nasa gets his quirky, awkward personality from haha His parents are so awesome. When his mum reminded him that she and his dad are next door... it took him so long to clock on to what she meant haha Despite that, they got some nighttime romance which was so cute ❤
Nov 22, 2020 12:17 PM

Feb 2007
Ah, the parents were just great. :D

Here we laugh at Nasa having little possessions and saying he would be fine even if their home burned down - and then they return and it's actually burned down... :D
Nov 22, 2020 1:04 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
The conversation between Tsukasa and Nasa's father was so wholesome! I loved it! I think I teared up a little.
Nov 22, 2020 3:02 PM

Jul 2020
Not really getting the appeal to this show, but I hope it gets better after the marriage. I think this type of thing should've stayed in the books.
Nov 22, 2020 5:08 PM
Apr 2020
Coxphire said:
Vinukun said:

Yes, Akari Kitou is performing the Opening Song "Koi no Uta" and also voicing Tsukasa-san. This is not unusual at all, she has done it before.

Hmm I didn't knew that ,well that's really interesting IMO that VA is also doing singing for the anime she is casted for voice acting
Nov 23, 2020 1:15 AM

Jan 2020
As expected, Nasa's parents are really, really nice. They certainly are great parents. Last few scenes of the episodes were especially heartwarming. They are still nervous wrecks, though.

Tsukasa is just becoming more and more mysterious every episode. I wonder who she actually is. I believe we will soon find out.

Poor Nasa and Tsukasa, though. Seems like their apartment has been burned down.
IrrelevantGuyNov 30, 2020 1:40 AM
Nov 23, 2020 5:51 AM
Nov 2020
Gosh, there's so many cute moments in each episode! It then takes me longer to watch an episode because I keep replaying so many parts!
Nov 23, 2020 7:12 AM
May 2019
I have to agree with everyone here, Tsukasa is definitely not a 16 year old. To me it began with 1) why she's not going to school and 2) how she got an adult to sign her marriage license. Now add to the fact she knew that Nara used to be, at one time, Japan's capital city, and she knew that. The reason is because she knew all the material was moved to Tokyo and the only building left still standing was a recreation, not the original.
Also the book that was in Nasa father's study was read by her and she said it was odd that a love letter was in his collection. The father didn't catch any of that.

Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Marinate1016 - Oct 9, 2020

227 by korsarz »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

254 by LiptonekBuby »»
Oct 13, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

124 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

407 by MuseOcean »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.