Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2020 8:33 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's time for Meet-the-Parents session with Nasa's family, moving into the land of genuine deers, Nara!

Tsukasa spitting out her "Princess Kaguya 1000-year goddess immortality" aside, Nasa's eccentric parents are as elated and overly nervous about the sudden marriage. MENTALLY READY, NOT!

As expected, he's the family manager, but him and Tsukasa sleeping on level ground, NOW THAT'S A TURN ON even without sound-proof walls. An arm pillow, and the husbando having tons of ideas while the waifu plays around as usual. But a goodnight kiss? YES. And changing in front of your husband? That's quite stimulating!

Like father like son, he doesn't know what to converse with the waifu, but history is one way to hook her. One interesting tidbit though: thousands of years of history Tsukasa can read... (and too bad they missed out the entire Rurouni Kenshin reference part...though I'd understand to further the pacing of the story.)

Sightseeing of old rich-in-history buildings in Nara, and just like last episode in Kyoto. Calling a pagoda a 5-storey building is just too funny, but Tsukasa slowly revealing more of her immortality history is really something to take note of.

But really, Nasa's dad's dogeza to Tsukasa and thanking her for saving their only son's life is just the most sweetest thing ever. That's how you entrust children to their partners and sending them off in a safe manner.

The trip home as newlyweds about to start...AND THEIR APARTMENT BURNT DOWN. Talk about a cliffhanger of a life that never began.

Question: Think hard about Tsukasa's all-knowing history! ---> Immortality???
KANLen09Nov 20, 2020 10:52 AM
Nov 20, 2020 8:33 AM

Feb 2018
How many times I see this somehow I never get bored with it. Thanks for Oyasumi kiss, really. Who would reject a girl like that, it seems like Otou-san are fall in love with Tsukasa JK. They also had a lot of fun visiting shrines and various other sites, Nara. I just want to see Nasa's attractive pose.

Nov 20, 2020 8:35 AM

Nov 2011
I must say, Nasa's family really is quite something...especially the father.

The bed jokes were rather amusing and given the context of this show, of course they would go into little details about it. As usual, it's a cute episode highlighting the relationship of Nasa and Tsukasa.

Just a really cute episode.

Nov 20, 2020 8:53 AM

Oct 2020
Originally I consider it as anime about daily sweet life,but after this episode it suddenly becomes weird and makes me confused.Tsukasa isn't interested in history but she knows a lot.This might be a hint?It seems just like Tsukasa is an immortal from ancient times...

She's absolutely not a simple girl!
[/url]
Nov 20, 2020 9:38 AM

Feb 2019
Another week of the daily adventures of Nasa and Tsukasa. This never gets old.

I love how Nasa’s parents are just like him, you can tell where he gets a lot of his personality from lol. I really enjoyed their historic tour of Nara. I was there last summer and loved the place.

This episode made it pretty obvious that Tsukasa has been around a long time. Despite not “caring about history” much, she knows a lot about Nara and almost seemed nostalgic on their trip.

Just as everything is going really well, their place catches on fire. So much for starting a new life lol. Next week is gonna be interesting
Nov 20, 2020 9:41 AM
Oct 2016
ton. The last scene with Nasa dad thanking Tsukasa for saving their son and watching over him made me tear up. It was so sweet, you can feel the love his parents have, the appreciation they feel towards Tsukasa for keeping him safe. Nasa and Tsukasa sleeping on the same level was funny. Nasa not knowing what to do, his arm falling asleep, Tsukasa teasing him, all leading to that sweet goodnight kiss. Those two make the perfect couple. Further shown during their trip seeing the big sights.

There were quite a lot of moments where Tsukasa seemed to be speaking from experience and memory. Showing again how maybe she's not just some normal girl but maybe even princess kaguya herself or something similar. She spoke many time as if she was actually there, like saying the mountains hadn't moved in a thousand years, speaking about the castle being moved, she definitely raised some flags about whether or not she's just who she says she is. Not in a bad way but its interesting. Kinda funny how Nasa mentioned that if the apartment building burned down they'd be good, welp here we are with the married couple having to start from scratch.
Nov 20, 2020 9:42 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always.

Love how awkward Nasa's parents were.
That entire goodnight sequence ending with the kiss was super cute, I love the fluff that this show throws our way. Always need that goodness.

Tsukasa knows more about history that she lets on, interesting.

Nasa's Dad thanking Tsukasa for saving their son was definitely the most touching moment in the entire episode, really nice. I got a little emotional there too, when he described just how grateful they were to Tsukasa for saving him and even marrying him.

Their place actually caught on fire, what? xD
This should prove amusing.
Nov 20, 2020 9:50 AM

Jul 2009
This episode gave more foreshadow than the 100 manga chapters.

well, it was well done so whatever
bruh
Nov 20, 2020 10:01 AM
Apr 2020
Kinda weird but very loving parents. Is Tsukasa from the past or she's still living for quite some time?

Nov 20, 2020 10:16 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode once again.

Nasa's parents were so awkward meeting Tsukasa. Nasa's dad thanking Tsukasa for saving his son's life was a great moment. You can tell how deeply he cares for his son, what a loving parent.

Their place burned down in the end lol. I wonder what will happen from now on.

Nov 20, 2020 10:22 AM

Apr 2019
Parents meeting was fun to watch. Seeing them touring around was heartwarming too. Really wish Nasa and Tsukasa didn't get embarrassed every 2 minutes though, it's starting to become old. Tsukasa dropping bombs everywhere hinting that shes kaguya hime hmmm...

Nov 20, 2020 10:22 AM

Jul 2020
It just keeps getting more cute each new episode... but with that ending lol... should've saw that foreshadowing
Nov 20, 2020 10:23 AM

Oct 2017
Nasa's father thanking Tsukasa for saving Nasa's life was the best part of the episode. It was a really touching moment.

Nasa really doesn't hold back, I really like his boldness and also Tsukasa's a great wifey for always accepting Nasa's advances. That goodnight kiss was sweeeeeeeet.
Nov 20, 2020 10:35 AM

Oct 2013
hmmmmm
didnt think they'd actually cut this part

Guess they really wanted the burnt down apartment as a cliffhanger

was this not a accurate fan translation also?

Because this wasn't fully in the episode either

Oh right I forgot but they edited this scene for some reason which I dont understand why
DeknijffNov 29, 2020 12:12 AM
Nov 20, 2020 10:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Kawaiii ~

It's amazing how every episode has me screaming the same thing inside, xD.

Bed scene was wonderful and the parents really sweet albeit a little strange.

How adorable that they feel most at ease when alone together though. Yes!

On another note, who exactly is Tsukasa-chan? I totally forgot about that inhuman save at the start, does it have something to do with that? Immortality? Start of the Op seems to suggest something of the sort, I guess.

Well, anyway, looking forward to more cuteness and answers! Lol @ that cliffhanger though, always better to be safe than sorry huh?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 20, 2020 10:38 AM

Aug 2018
As a manga reader, at first, I thought they skipped the scene with Tsukasa talking to the parents and I was pretty disappointed. But when they played it at the end with the ending music I was very surprised and but extremely pleased.
"Who needs drugs when you got cute anime girls?"
-Sun Tzu
Nov 20, 2020 10:39 AM

Jun 2019
A really cute episode once again. Nasa's parents are so sweet. Quite funny as well.
Is Tsukasa a goddess or something because she knows everything, I mean the way she was talking.
Anyways, a really cute episode. Ending b/w Tsukasa and Nasa's father made me tear up a bit. lol.
Nov 20, 2020 10:49 AM

Sep 2019
They’re foreshadowing that Tsukasa’s immortal but they don’t want us to think much about that side of Tsukasa. They skipped a part about Nasa’s dad which was foreshadowing Tsukasa’s immortality even more. I think it’s better to just watch this for the cuteness and forget about Tsukasa’s past.

Anyways, it was a cute episode.
Nov 20, 2020 10:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Extremely cute episode, the meet-up with Nasa's parent was great, they're really fun xD and it was so heartwarming to see Nasa's father thank Tsukasa for what she did.
Also the historical visit in the city was nice to see, and even this event was cute haha.
And wow.... Nasa's house really burned? wtf xD
Nov 20, 2020 10:56 AM

Jan 2012
So they lived above the Wataru's store and because of him they lost their home. Truly brilliant way to reference Hayate no Gotoku, I must have missed it in previous episodes.
Nov 20, 2020 10:58 AM

Oct 2020
Such a feel good episode especially the ending. For a man who is highly logical and efficient, its surprising how much he values memories and keepsakes. I guess he understands things like "you can't put a price tag on".

Nov 20, 2020 11:08 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Tsukasa continues to drop hints that she's an immortal goddess. Her knowledge of the various places in Nara were way to accurate for someone who is not remotely interested in it.
Nov 20, 2020 11:10 AM
Jul 2020
Man, what an amazing episode as always. I was literally giggling my ass off the entire episode lmao
Nov 20, 2020 11:25 AM

Jun 2017
The parents were not that weird actually. I expected something way crazier after the hype.
Nov 20, 2020 11:36 AM

May 2019
Again, a wholesome episode, but a lot of important information were revealed. Now it’s pretty much confirmed that Tsukasa is somewhat immortal and she might be Kaguya-hime. That would explain why she fell for Nasa and wanted to marry him as soon as he mentioned the Kaguya hime story back in the first episode.

And wow his house really burned down lol he jinxed himself but now at least they’ll be able to move somewhere new and buy a double bed as he wishes.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 20, 2020 11:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that Nasa's father was a archaeologist though. Tsukasa sure gave off a perfect intro to the mother though despite her nerves. You would think that it will be Nasa and Tsukasa that will be nervous though not the parents. Still the latter sure have quite the imagination huh. Tsukasa really had her fun while sleeping with Nasa though. Man thats quite the impressive library that Nasa's father has though. Tsukasa though sure has quite the impressive knowledge on Japanese history. But the comments that she makes referencing the past population sure was odd as if she was there watching them at that time. While their first meeting was a nervous one it's nice that the parents in the end were able to accept Tsukasa's relationship with Nasa. Overall a pretty warm and sweet ep that combined warm and heartfelt bonding with Nasa's family with some curious expansion on Tsukasa's past. Devastated to see that they may have lost their home though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2020 12:07 PM
Mar 2018
Fle_Ackerman said:
Originally I consider it as anime about daily sweet life,but after this episode it suddenly becomes weird and makes me confused.Tsukasa isn't interested in history but she knows a lot.This might be a hint?It seems just like Tsukasa is an immortal from ancient times...

She's absolutely not a simple girl!

Yup after watching this episode, i thought the ending will be like kimi no uso. And i already started crying
Nov 20, 2020 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
the more i watch this, the more I just want her to end up taking his stuff and leave. Or cheat on him. Or both.
removed-userNov 20, 2020 12:27 PM
Nov 20, 2020 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
I know I say this all the time, but this episode was another overload of cuteness.

The op changed a little bit with the parents now in the frame.

There was a lot of foreshadowing going on throughout the whole episode. What I'm inferring, which is basically pretty much obvious at this point, is that Tsukasa is probably from the moon and is immortal, hence why she remembers all this old stuff.

The introduction and personalities of the parents are so amazing, I would love to get more of them later in the future when reading the manga or a possible season 2 ;)

The scenes where Nasa wanted Tsukasa to sleep on his arm and when he asked for a goodnight kiss were too cute man. Especially the cut scene after where the parents were listening in.

I was honestly Nasa's mom when Nasa's dad told Tsukasa how important Nasa was to him. I felt like a third person just listening in on this, like the mom. I as well teared up a little when he said Nasa was their pride and joy, made me cry tears of joy lol.

What a surprise that their apartment burned down lol, poor Nasa jinxed it.
Nov 20, 2020 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
PsychologyM said:
the more i watch this, the more I just want her to end up taking his stuff and leave. Or cheat on him. Or both.

What the hell-

You want to be Chitose and ruin such a cute marriage? Do you just not like Nasa or something? I find him to be a pretty likable character.

But your wishes are probably never going to come true as Tsukasa isn't the type of person to do something like that.
Nov 20, 2020 12:32 PM

Apr 2018
I love Nasa's parents they are so loving especially his dad. It hit hard when he did that in the manga and hit even harder in the anime. I was about to say are they really going to skip that part, but it came up in the end.
Nov 20, 2020 12:35 PM
Jul 2020
Lowkey i dont think shes immortal or very old. She seems to know things and make refrences to past. like she said atleast 1000 years ago or something very curieus about her tbh
But great ep overall
Nov 20, 2020 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
_cenjoo said:
PsychologyM said:

What the hell-

You want to be Chitose and ruin such a cute marriage? Do you just not like Nasa or something? I find him to be a pretty likable character.

But your wishes are probably never going to come true as Tsukasa isn't the type of person to do something like that.

Well, to explain myself a bit more: I'm not really having that much against the characters. I get what the show is trying to do, but I'm just not feeling it. The beginning of the series was just so contrived and I always had this lingering feeling that she's just using him.
Also, as someone else has said, they (mostly Nasa) have the same mentality as a middle school couple. Tsuki Ga Kirei already did this. With actual middle schoolers.
removed-userNov 20, 2020 1:14 PM
Nov 20, 2020 1:00 PM
Oct 2020
I think this episode helped portray the family dynamic quite well and realistically. Interesting to see how they will get back up on their feet in the next episode!!
Nov 20, 2020 2:31 PM
Oct 2018
incredible episode. I loved his parents, and the end who set fire to the house 😅😅
Nov 20, 2020 2:35 PM

Mar 2010
I like NASA's parents. Rip the new things they brought earlier. I hope they move in to a new apartment now.
Nov 20, 2020 2:43 PM

Nov 2013
Yup! I believe there is enough evidence to confidently claim that the girl is not human at this point.
Nov 20, 2020 2:44 PM

Mar 2020
Well Tsukasa got easy consent for the marriage from Nasa's parents xD. She was worried for nothing.
Nov 20, 2020 2:45 PM
Aug 2020
I thought the slightly different op was cool. The references were cool, but I feel like, to me at least, this episode was a little inconsistent in its tone.

I feel like it is almost confirmed that this show has some sort of unknown element up it's sleeve, considering Tsukasa's reactions to the town's history.
Nov 20, 2020 4:51 PM

Feb 2020
mistsofmedia said:
but I feel like, to me at least, this episode was a little inconsistent in its tone.

Yeah I def agree. When Tsukasa started spitting her sus comments the tone just shifts to serious and then back to lovey dovey in like 5 seconds.

Especially when she made the '1,300 years ago, it was all here' monologue. Nasa at the back just kept going 'Tsukasa-chan? Tsukasa-chan?' like she was unresponsive and about to die lol.

Anyways still a great episode despite that.

"You... are truly slothful!"

Nov 20, 2020 5:05 PM
May 2014
Deknijff said:

Oh right I forgot but they edited this scene for some reason which I dont understand why

to add a selfie? few pass the camera to someone to take a picture these days
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2020 5:54 PM

Jan 2019
There goes the new TV and futon. RIP Apartment.
Nov 20, 2020 6:28 PM
Sep 2020
Goodnight kiss, I want some too!!! I really love this anime, when this season is done i hope and wish that there would be another season... it's 11/10.
Nov 20, 2020 6:41 PM

Aug 2019
it’s pretty obvious Tsukasa is over 1,000 years old at this point
Nov 20, 2020 6:43 PM

Jun 2020
Well the introduction was weird, but things turn out perfectly seeing how much Nasa's parents care for Nasa was really sweet.

And the bed scene was so cute, and Nasa's parents was just on the next room lol.
Nov 20, 2020 7:25 PM

Nov 2008
Damn it all! They cut the sword scene. I was really looking forward to seeing it.
Nov 20, 2020 7:26 PM
Mar 2015
Sounds like she was alive 1400 years ago
Nov 20, 2020 7:32 PM
Oct 2018
In the first episode Tsukasa stepped in front of Truck-kun to save Nasa but was barely injured herself. By now it’s strongly suggested that she is an immortal being, or at the least she has lived a very long time and can’t die the way ordinary humans can.

I’m sure it will all sort itself out in the next few episodes. In the meantime I am enjoying every episode. One of the top 2 or 3 shows of the season.
Nov 20, 2020 8:20 PM
Jul 2020
Tonikaku kawaii is actually great anime, One of the best Rom-Com one could ever watch.
Episode 8 came at late last night at my region. It is actually best, Nasa and tsukasa OyaSami Kiss was smooch~ afterall. Nasa's father and tsukasa-chan's promise with ending theme is __.
You know What I mean! That's Make my heart Fall in LOVE with this Anime More n More.
Nov 20, 2020 8:36 PM

Nov 2013
no one is sane person in this anime
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Marinate1016 - Oct 9, 2020

225 by ShinigamiReichi »»
Apr 16, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

250 by RioAl »»
Apr 2, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 13, 2020

124 by ToG25thBaam »»
Feb 20, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

113 by Darkfiend47 »»
Dec 2, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tonikaku Kawaii Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

407 by MuseOcean »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.